The class action lawsuit worked. If you were burned by buying a NoVidya GTX 970 meme card then take a look at this

The class action lawsuit worked. If you were burned by buying a NoVidya GTX 970 meme card then take a look at this

topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/344334-nvidia-gtx-970-graphics-card-class-action-settlement/

it's $30, and only for burgers

cool, thanks user

literally old news

>$30
i'd like a full refund.

I bought my 970 with a free code for arkham knight when it came out.

Since arkham knight was shitty the devs gave me all the Batman games for free plus the dlc and now I'm getting 30 bucks

Consolecucks Blown The Fuck Outta Here

>Nvidiots will defend this

>not "outta heeeaah"
You aint New York

Hey, you're the moron who believed Nvidia

>mfw there are several other class action lawsuits that I am eligible to get money back from.

Thanks OP. Seriously, I filed several claims on shit I did not know had class action suits done.

No it didnt. A settlement =/= judgement.

Bunch of fucking pussies wimped out. This is loss for consumers not a gain.

U.S Only. :c

Why didn't you take Nvidia to court in your country?

Amazon and Newegg were giving out refunds when they announced the settlement.

About 95 percent of pending lawsuits end in a pre-trial settlement.

Thank you Captain fucking Obvious. Its still a loss for consumers.

Wasn't there a previous case where some people were going to get $30000 in a settlement each, but one woman out of 60 people declined the offer and then all those people lost the case and had to pay 1.2 million in court fees?

>class action
>ever being a win for the consumer
some law firm is counting their millions right now

You always settle or go into arbitration (worst case). Otherwise it's endless litigation and appeals.

It's an admission of wrongdoing by nvidia and a pseudo apology. They won't lie about the specs of their cards again for a while.

thats not how class action suits work, you can accept the deal or decline and try to sue by yourself, but everyone else can still accept the deal

The 970 was the best mid tier card ever.

It's no 8800GT.

The people who were in the cinema that got shot up during the premier of The Dark Knight Rises.

They tried to sue the actual cinema for what the gunman did. The cinema was going to give everyone free money out of court as a goodwill gesture. Everything was draw up, but a single woman said she wanted more at the last second. The case went court, the people lost, then they had to pay the legal fees of the cinema.

Agreed, I love my 970 and won't be upgrading for a few years still, but damned if I'm not getting my free 30 dollars.

This

8800GT and 8800GTX were some magical fucking shit at the time.

Now you've really pissed me off

Its not an admission of fucking anything. A bunch of people said they want money or they go to court and Nvidia paid them off to fuck off. There is no guilt, no admissions, no wrongdoing at fucking all.

This didnt go to court. No legal precedent was set by a judgement. That means Nvidia can go out and make a similar fucking claim of a card and get away with it again with no ramifications, except this time they make an even more preposterous lie but structure it in such a way they KNOW if it goes to court they will win, stopping any class action lawsuits from happening.

Everyone just got absolutely fucking shafted by these cunts settling. Fuck these class action lawsuits and the fucking dumbasses who believe they stand for anything. All this does is give big companies like Nvidia the legal experience to become better liars by getting more legal experience in how to cover their asses better. You can fucking guarantee the next Nvidia card will have the exact same lies and they will get away with it again because this didnt go to court and didnt get a judgement.

I don't agree. I think nvidia has learned something from this.

Then you're a fucking moron because this is literally how all big business work and there are hundreds of academic articles on how class action law suits weaken legal system

t. Lawyer

>I think nvidia has learned something from this.
>A company that gets into legal issues all the time, settles, and goes right back to fucking over consumers in the exact same way
>being so underage you dont even know this has happened to Nvidia before for the exact same reasons
Nvidiots everyone.

Give me one of those articles, please.

Good space heater too, saved me money on heating bills in the winter.

>Know 3 people who own 970s and wouldn't know/care about this
>Could have gotten $90
>Live in Australia
Fuck

>8800GT
I had this card. It was magical.