ITT: gaming garbage

ITT: gaming garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

barnesandnoble.com/w/the-end-games-t-michael-martin/1113200615?ean=9780062201805
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Deus and Planescape Torment are now considered overrated

Nice bait. Everyone knows Chrono Cross is the single greatest JRPG of all time.

no

The soundtrack and visuals are fantastic, but that's it.

Still better than Chrono Trigger though.

Deus Ex is incredibly overrated you faggot, take out your nostalgia implants you idiotic cunt.
> year of our cybercommander 2000.
> playing meme games.

Even fucking Blood Dragon was better than that trite garbage just because it didn't take itself seriously.

I've only played the game this year.. it's a great game. Miles better than Blood Dragon and many other FPS RPG hybrids past 6th gen. Good level design that allows for diferent playthroughs depending on what you've invested in.

I played it when it came out and I think you're a memespewing retard.

Literally the only reason people like Cross is because of the waifus, that's it.

Kill yourself, the world will be a better place. You want the world to be a better place dont you ?

Because one life out of millions will truly make a difference, right faggot?

uh huh.

>no Trigger

you
and you can take a gallant leap in front of a bus, for me. for all of us.

Another quality memeposting thread.

Found the waifufaggot, she's shit by the way, you know that right?

>now

Literally none of the girls in the game interest me in that way

not him but i liked it for the soundtrack, aside from other bits

not worthy as a bono nigger sequel either, but good enough as it's own thing, so you should probably check out that bus he mentioned, fag ;^)

This movie made me uncomfortable.

Movie?

Overrated RE wannabe with shitty RPG elements.

>Even fucking Blood Dragon was better than that trite garbage

people actually biting at this astound me

is she?

> she.

This game is my jam, though. Chroni Trigger was great, but THIS was fucking amazing, although the story was a bit fucked and they liked to throw plot dumps at you. Also, the secret boss is almost impossible to beat without cheesing them.

it is what it is. its comfy though and one of the few SE games i can play in my living room and not be embarrassed by

All Chrono Cross girls are shit except Orlha.

The Professional. Uncomfortable mainly because that kid really wants Leon to dick her like mad. It's a really good movie though.

>Even fucking Blood Dragon
Bro, you're memeing too hard. Like, slow down, bro.

This train ain't got no rails... Kid.

any of these games

Gee bill two metroid games

>Other M
>return to glory

bait/10

Suikoden II begs to differ.

this is the most obvious bait pic ive ever seen

> Everyone knows Chrono Cross is the single greatest JRPG of all time.
If you'd have said Xenogears you'd be right.

>Chrono Cross
Well, when the only other game in the series is a strong candidate for "best JRPG ever made", that's just not fair.

>Zestiria
Yeah, I agree.

>MGS2
MGS3 is over-rated. Both are good games, but I think 2 is better, so there.

>FFVIII
Not while FFX and XIII exist

>mgs2
>ff8
>jak 2
Just bait folks. Let's keep it moving.

>liking cutscenes: the game

She's definitely best girl, so of course you can't get her until the game is almost over.

Despite the success this game had, no one ever really talks about it for a reason.
The game's story was weak, no on really cared about it and it doesn't even connect very well till late game, very disjointed and had no reason to be a Chrono followup.
The characters were weak, quantity over quality, no distinct qualities on any of them, they're all underdeveloped.
The battle system felt unnecessarily and oddly structured, a management chore, seems they just went for something different just for the sake of being different.
The music was absolutely wonderful though and the graphics were top notch for the system.
Overall I think it was a competently made but failed attempt at a good game.

>ruby
>worst pokemon game ever
Did you even play White/Black

Imagine if they went for that artstyle today on a modern console.

I think we've actually hit a point where games could do a pretty good job of matching the old concept art.

yes

>Game is good but popular so I put the over rated sticker on it because I have no real good reason to call these games shit.

>still posting this hilariously inaccurate and outdated list

I know it needs more games

Shit, the problem aren't even the cutscenes, but the gargantuan walls of text on disk 2. If I wanted to read a book I wouldn't have asked for a playstation, mom.

Decades later, shut-in neckbeards are still butthurt about Cross telling them to get a girlfriend.

Yep and half the games already on there aren't even the worst of their series.

thats not Final Fantasy 7

here it is, dear user. careful to not choke with it.

Thank you. Can I have another?

>Yep and half the games already on there aren't even the worst of their series.

Which ones would be replaced? If you say anything that's bait I will ignore your suggestions

Do you honestly think DmC is worse than DMC2?

>sequel to light-hearted jrpg about robots and frogs, with each party member being well-characterized, though cliched
>is some super serious drama-ladden trite with no actual characters, just an accent generator

why?

yes

>>is some super serious drama-ladden trite with no actual characters

and killing off the cast from the first game

FF8
MGS2
SH Homecoming (it's shit but there are worse games in the series)
Mega Man Battle Network 4
Zelda 2
BoF DQ
Pokemon Ruby

>FF8
>MGS2
>Mega Man Battle Network 4
>Zelda 2
>BoF DQ

THAT'S A LOT OF BAIT

Then you have a mental problem, I'm sorry user.

FF2 and 13 are worse than 8
MGS4, V and PoOps are worse than 2.
X7 is still the worst Mega Man game followed by X6.
Skyward Sword is worse than Zelda 2.
BoF 6 is worse than DQ

I never got why they did that either.
It baffles me like that one spin-off from FFX where the protag is killed again for no reason.

ITT: I dont agree with your opinion therefore its bait

>BoF 6 is worse than DQ

you can't use a game that's not out

because I hate an badly done edgy reboot over a sub-par game?

That was a radio drama actually, and even the Jap fans hated it. Square Anus really dun goofed.

what compels japs to take a happy ending and then shit on it

Now THIS is bait ladies and traps.

They're suckers for melodrama. It's too bad Square Penix can't seem to write a decent sequel to save their own asses.

>you can't use a game that's not out
but it came out in february

Get fucked OP Chrono Cross is the 7th best game ever made.

Harlefag seeing you in every cross thread is something I look forward to. Keep doing god's work of spreading best girl.

faggot

I had a lot of trouble understanding her when I was young as someone who had zero familiarity with French

>what the fuck is a monsieur?

I loved how the characters spoke though.

Cross' story is a multilayered masterpiece with strong environmentalist and pacifist roots that teaches thoughtfulness. Compared to Trigger's simplistic FUCK YEAH TIME TRAVEL AND VIOLENCE it's almost enlightening.

Is that Simca from Air Gear?

Cool blanket statements there, simp.

>simp

back to /plebbit/ with you

Spoken like a total simp.

>DBGT
man you gotta be more subtle, its way too obvious and easy to spot now.

Keep crying, plebbitor

>Cross' story is a multilayered masterpiece with strong environmentalist and pacifist roots that teaches thoughtfulness.

Yeah basically you're an asshole just for being human even if you save villages purely out of the kindness of your heart.

It did?

You don't think people lump groups together? I think all of the ff14 general is disgusting cancer and it's probably mostly because of a few tremendous dorks.

>save villages

Not after the group(s) in question just saved your worthless asses.

If a bunch of "insert group" lit my house on fire and then a couple of "insert group" put the fire out, I wouldn't exactly be thrilled with them. It sucks but I understand it.

>implying Dragon Age 2 was better than Inquisition

Well I wouldn't bitch at them and say everything in the world was all their fault.

If a bunch of people came to my island and just continually fucked it up for decades then 3 of them did me a solid I would still hate them as a race.

>You humans taught us that the world is built on the dead bodies of other species... hi-ho

Well that would explain why natives hate evil whitey.

Honestly I would. Well, maybe not this far removed. But I would have for a generation or two afterwards.

No it's Chino from gochiusa

geez I wonder who could be these (((individuals)))

You mean Dario? I doubt you can call that cheesing. If I remember correctly, he always responds with the same actions, depending on the elemets you've used (or the current state of the element fielt or whatever that mechanics were called) and if you use the right sequence, he pretty much does nothing to attack you. I always thougt he was meant to be beaten that way.

I unironically liked the DS Lufia.

>that 15fps battle system

gave me cancer

That would be xenoblade chronicles

>im too young and i feel left out because i cant stand playing old games that dont have explosions every 10 seconds and HD graphics running at cinematic 24 fps: the post

I thought it would be bait but i actually agree with you.

Chrono Trigger was a very straightforward, juvenile adventure with a bit of drama, but overall it had a silly and lighthearted tone.

Chrono Cross on the other hand deals with the consequences of altering the timeline. There's lots of death and sorrow, the main theme being that a life of a singe person can change the outcome of the future, creating many possibilities. I think the moment that had the biggest impact on me was when I realized I was walking inside a huge metropolis completely engulfed in tidal waves, which turned out to be the main area of El Nido where the game takes place, set some years ahead. Ruins of a civilization caught in a glimpse of time. One of many possible timelines destined for failure.

The atmosphere feels dark, unpleasant and heavy. Porre takes over Guardia, Crono and Marle are missing/dead, Lucca is dead, Robo becomes a locking mechanism for the frozen flan. Even the Masamune is responsible for many deaths and turns any person that starts wielding the legendary sword insane. Overall Chrono Cross keeps a pretty serious tone throughout the game, despite the main character being accompanied by a sword-bearing talking vegetable and a luchador psychic priest.

Chrono Cross is godlike, I'll never understand why people hate it.

I'll let you know that I cheered when she merged with the other dragons as I was looking forward to beating her ass once and for all.

>I think overrated means bad!

I'm beggin ya, ya have to go back to kid

the Dead sea was my absolute favorite part of the game.
It was really damn depressing, it was heavy I felt it even when I was a kid, but thats why I liked it so much, looking back it was also scary.

I like it when games can move me this much and it shows that even after so many years I can feel their impact and remember their events. This is what I miss in modern gaming.

Mostly doe to the last half hour, which is a HUGE word dump explaining everything, and how all those lovely characters have no actual character and had to be fleshed out in supplemental materials.

Well, that it was also a rather disjointed sequel from the SNES original (which had to have extra scenes added at re-releases to make it fit better with both CT & Radical Dreamer), favorite characters being killed-off, etc.

Well the story was a bit darker but not sure why, is it the bad way of storytelling, some jokes not fitting or is it because of how characters act.
The story when you play it never really seemed so serious or dark to me.

did you see the ending. the live action video of Kid in our world looking for (you)

Just started playing Cross for the first time a week ago; I just got to the point where I meet that Lynx dude and Kid got poisoned.

Where Trigger was a grand ol' time traveling adventure, Cross seems to go for a "Don't mess with fate" type of thing.
I can appreciate what they were going for, but the combat kills any enthusiasm I had for the game.
Also, why the fuck are all these party members wacky when the story is trying to be serious? Having to deal with a hostage situation while I boogie along with Ziggy Stardust and Scrappy Doo is just off-putting.

Where is that image from? Is this seriously from a book and someone is quoting and giving credit to a quit screen message?

barnesandnoble.com/w/the-end-games-t-michael-martin/1113200615?ean=9780062201805

the only one that jingles my jangles is FFTA not being FFTA2. Otherwise it seems pretty damn accurate.

I don't like Final Fantasy VIII but calling it the worst it's too much. Everything else I agree tho.

>and killing off the cast from the first game
This is the sort of shit that pisses me off the most in games, by the end of the game the crono-team were practically gods, you're expected to believe a catman and clown girl did them all in with a fucking house fire? What a crock of shit.

Crono was killed by Dalton and the Porre army though.

>mad at things that didn't happen

Triggerniggers, everyone.

What Triggers me the most is that people either don't understand the story or the ending of the game they're complaining about.

FFTA2 and FFTA both have shit stories but FFTA2 improves on the gameplay mechanics.

Bait.

Inqusition took the issues from DA2 and never fixed them and added even worse writing

>the only one that jingles my jangles is FFTA not being FFTA2.

the law system makes FFTA unplayable. It really puts a strangle on what you can use FOR THE ENTIRE GAME and early on it can make people borderline useless in battle

not to mention:
>no knockback law
>do a normal attack
>CRITICAL HIT
>enemy gets knocked back
>pic related happens to Marche
>GAME FUCKING OVER FOR SOMETHING OUT OF MY CONTROL

barbecue it's a clusterfuck that rivals the clusterfuck known as MGS2

and a lame final boss

any and all WRPGs
no stories, no characters, shit "gameplay" and boring sidequests
>inb4 m-muh FREEEDUMBZ
no one gives a shit when all the things you're free to do are boring garbage

You're not even trying with this

Although FF IX is an abomination.

DMC2 was short and boring but it don't keep bombarding you with shit at every moment like DmC.