Enroll in video game design class at local community college (mom wants me to get out more)

>enroll in video game design class at local community college (mom wants me to get out more)
>professor goes over different games we'll be playing and analyzing during the course
>"Required: gaming pc"
>ask him after class how much it'll cost me
>$850

???????????????????????????????????

seek sunlight, hit the showers, contact a job employer. you´ll get 850 up in two weeks of work time not a big deal.

I'm a student how am I supposed to hold down a job??? This isn't a cake walk class even if I did have some expensive gaming rig.
My mom already spent $150 on enrolling me, what the fuck am I going to do? I told my mom I enrolled in business class because she wants me to become manager at our Wendy's.

>follow guide on building future proof pc
>spend $1200 and 4 months putting it together
>crashes every other day
>guide didn't include monitor or keyboard so I have to click onscreen keyboard while sitting in front of tv
PC GAMING IS A FUCKING SCAM

What a beautifully shitty disaster your life is.

Your teach is idiot, just get a $500 pc. If you build it it will play any AAA game and will be good for years.

>video game design
Hahaha holy shit. Might as well go into women's studies.

WHO DO YOU THINK MAKES THE GAMES YOU PLAY YOU UNGRATEFUL SHIT STAIN

>video game design
Go back to reddiť

One guy who got into his position through luck and held it down for two decades because he's likable, some people who majored in graphic design, a token Full Sail student, and 12 guys who all took a regular programming course and happened to qualify.

If it's an indie game it's from someone who couldn't afford college in the first place or it's a game nobody cares about.

sell your ass

lol you don't know how industry works

> $150
Where the fuck do you live? My CC classes are that much per credit hour. I'd think something's up if it only cost $150 for a business course.

>I'm a student how am I supposed to hold down a job??
KIDS
THESE
DAYS

>Returned from being a NEET for 6 years.
>First day of class teacher orders us to put 8 things in a bag that represent us and write about what we did for the last 2 years.
>Can't bring my Umaru Figma collection and videogames.

A liberal Muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, a known atheist.

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!"

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

"How old is this rock?"

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied "4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian"

"Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now"

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears. The same tears liberals cry for the "poor" (who today live in such luxury that most own refrigerators) when they jealously try to claw justly earned wealth from the deserving job creators. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, DeShawn Washington, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a sophist liberal professor. He wished so much that he had a gun to shoot himself from embarrassment, but he himself had petitioned against them!

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named "Small Government" flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.[citation NOT needed]

Semper Fi

Every notable name in the industry is either a business major or someone who got in when college programming didn't properly exist. Game design degrees are for dregs.

>I told my mom I enrolled in business class because she wants me to become manager at our Wendy's

Lmao, your first fucking mistake was listening to fucking baby boomers.

>Manager at Wendy's

Fucking lol.

Work part time, obviously. You're taking 1 class which should, at most, take up 15-20 hours per week. Just work another 20-30 hours per week to pay for whatever, why do you think it's impossible to do that?

i cum so hard while hurtling through space toward a decommissioned space station. slowly, i pull my knees to my chest and close my eyes as my bowels begin to expel hundreds upon hundreds of beautiful, symmetrical turds, brown as the day is long. i laugh like a young girl as my turds drift aimlessly behind me; they are as butterflies to a child frolicking in the fields of elysium.

i approach the station’s docking port, flaccid cock in hand, and prepare to float gently into its inviting confines. i extend my cockless arm jubilantly, as to celebrate the majesty and depth of space, and thank jesus christ for this ultimate gift and blessing. but suddenly, my outstretched arm collides with the outer rim of the docking port, and the trajectory of my quaggy body is violently halted.

the fates afford me barely enough time to turn his head before the turds arrive. one thousand turds, each one seemingly larger than the last. i try in vain to cleanse my eyes of the shitsting, but succeed only in smearing my own fecal matter into a fine asspaste, which slowly seeps into my eyes and nasal cavity. i inhale three hundred and twenty four Space Turds; my lungs are permeated completely with my own shit. i hang lax, spirit broken, defeated by poop. i will never be the same.

i am forever a shit faggot

itt

You're gonna be in for a rude awakening when you're flipping burgers or cleaning toilets mate. A degree in video game design is absolutely fucking worthless.

>1 class which should take up 15-20 hours per week

I'm assuming OP is stupid, but I'm also including time spent in the classroom.

Hey, you doing the video game decal at Berkeley too?

agreed, I'm taking game design right now, shit is a waste of time. Going back to general ed next semester, not to mention all the cringy autists there

I am very charesmatic and experienced with internet communties, I can be like the No New Sky guy and build up tons of hype for an indie game.
I am comfertable lying as well. All it takes is one good game and you're set.

*you're feet

>small government

I still don't know why republicans want small government yet want to regulate all the homos and non-Christians, wouldn't that require big government?

Huh?

>150
Shit what a steal

You should stop getting all your news from MSNBC and HuffPo buddy.

>be me
>see disgusting and immature behavior of PC gamers and especially PCMRetards
>don't want to suppport platform with such a shitty, immature and hypocritical audience
>literally stopped buying games on PC
>havent bought a game on PC for like 2 years
>pirate and play everything on PC though because I want to play the best version
>buy console version instead so I have a legal copy and devs get my money

>there are people falling for this shitty thread

Holy fuck you obviously can't think for yourself, hopefully you can take some great advice and just fucking kill yourself

Course requirements are stated when enrolling. Stop lying.

not everyone reads them

Not op, but how?
All I see are course numbers when enrolling, if lucky there will be a course web page from an old semester still up somewhere.

I'm not tech savvy person, but from I've heard most game engines only require 8 gigs of ram and a quad core processor, you could make do with a less then high end PC probably.

Why do games these days need so much ram?

jej

>want to make video games
>become programmer
>ever since i was 14 i've been coding
>had to start with HTML and python making shitty pong clones and shitty websites
>9 years later
>can make a somewhat mediocre and somewhat stable platformer with multiple levels
>people can now just go to a college and learn how to make video games

i want 9 years of my life back

>video game design course
a sucker is born every minute etc.

What language do you use?

English.

For the platformer.

These posts are so American it hurts. Your situation is really funny to me, so thanks for the laugh.

The only advice I will give you is, if you want a good future, go to a real university in Europe. Also, get a real degree, not something like "video game design". If you really want to do something vidya related, do a course in something IT related, I'd say software development would be your best bet.

> That entire last sentence
Dude what a shitty life

>a real university in Europe

It took nine years to make a platformer?

>posts a list of numbers that don't mean anything
>LAMO YUROPOORS BFTOED
Try again, mart-sharter.

Stay mad.

>Top 25 universities with the highest drop out quote
>America leading the list
Just end yourself

English.

>making things up because he can't admit USA has the best universities in the world

A 600$ PC can play all games just fine.
Get a FX8320e and a RX480.

Everyone I've known from berkeley has been a real piece of shit. Sometimes a two-faced piece of shit, but always a piece of shit.

Is the place really just full of people like that?

Were they white?

>People actually believe this post isn't a joke.
All week we've been having these garbage threads about
>how much is gaming pc?
>[answer]
>REEEE

>$150
Where the fuck are you? 2 classes at my CC cost me 2 grand.

How DO I get into game industry?

Get into computer programming. That's what I'd do.

That sounds hard. How can I be like cliffy b,

context?
what are those numbers supposed to mean exactly?

Some metric they use to rank them.

Male prostitution seems to be your only option

first attempt to bait? You're bad at it.

>butthurt about $850
Jesus christ, I'm in 2nd year uni and I have to pay $2500 in a couple of months for an ophthalmoscope and retinoscope. Then halfway through next year I spend another $2500 on more shit. If uni was cheap it's be great but $850 is hardly anything plus you get a pc out of it. Calm down son.

Pretty good bait though I fell for it

Dude, just take out a loan

>>be me
Who the fuck else would you be?

Consider the purpose of these ranking systems, who makes these ranking systems and you will understand why it looks that way.