Nioh Beta Survey Results Announced

gematsu.com/2016/09/nioh-beta-demo-survey-results-announced

Gomenasai

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2016/09/koei-tecmo-ceo-kou-shibusawa-challenges-jorogumo-11-minutes-nioh-tgs-2016-gameplay
fextralife.com/nioh-death-yokai-multiplayer-durability-fumihiko-yasuda/
kotaku.com/nioh-announced-for-steam-1786741869
m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=0w29AAndzCw
gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/150475717907/tgs-nioh-balancing-toward-final-product
youtube.com/watch?v=-E8FyqhNu9c
foolz.fireden.net/vg/thread/101426089/#101741554
youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw
youtube.com/watch?v=zkvtDDgRyak
youtube.com/watch?v=bzJDimvPW1Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Related.

gematsu.com/2016/09/koei-tecmo-ceo-kou-shibusawa-challenges-jorogumo-11-minutes-nioh-tgs-2016-gameplay

>Add Boss attack variations in the Twilight Missions
Fucking thank god, I didn't want Twilight versions to be the exact same fights with minions thrown in

>Theyrr gonna make it even easier

Well, that's one less game I have to worry about in the February rush

Are they going to let you make a character in this game? I don't want to play as box art guy, I want to be a girl.

It's an overtly story-based game, it's not doing the ambiuous storytellingthing like Souls, so you're stuck with Bushido Bill.

You'll be able to customise the face of your revenant, however.

>easier
In what ways?
Nope, the story is based on William Adams, can't really have "guy with purposely retarded face" have a full blown character in cutscenes

I'm so happy.

Well, interest is completely gone. Combat seems nice, I hope those of you who don't care about character creation can enjoy it.

>Asians complained the most about the difficulty by far

What happened to Japan not being casual?

>You'll be able to customise the face of your revenant, however.

Oh shit. Source?

Is that really enough to kill the game for you? I don't want to sound like a cunt but that's pretty fucking silly.

You forget we also have Koreans and Chinese faggots that love TF2 for Babies, aka OW, so it makes sense that they can't get gud

Why

You only play games with player customization? Not a knock on you personally, but that's quite strange.

Is it any surprise when you look at how the traditional console and handheld market in Japan has been completely fucking decimated by mobile in only a few years?

Sorry, I misremembered it slightly and jumped the gun a little, but Yasuda said it was something they're looking into.

>Although, one thing we would really like to consider for the future is more facial customization for online play. We do already have armor customization so that should bring some diversity between players online for the time being.

fextralife.com/nioh-death-yokai-multiplayer-durability-fumihiko-yasuda/

Have fun not enjoying a great game because of your autism

I like making my own character in games. It's a deal breaker for me for most games if I can't make my own character.

>You only play games with player customization? Not a knock on you personally, but that's quite strange.

I makes exceptions sometimes. I'll be playing FFXV but I would really rather be able to play as a girl instead of being forced to play as a party of men. Most games without character creation force you to play as men and I prefer not to.

I want to see William appear in crossovers. Nioh Gaiden when? Oniohmusha when?

Why be so salty at me when I was humble about it. It's not like I called the game bad for not having character creation, so why insult me?

Not having a character creator is a design decision, and I can't fault them for that. Not every game has to have character creation. I just thought that it might since it seems to be taking a lot of inspiration from Souls games.

I just wish they'd let me customize William's hair so I could become the original Englishman that William Adams was instead of knock-off Geralt of Rivia

>Ni-Oh coming out on steam Q2 2017

kotaku.com/nioh-announced-for-steam-1786741869

Get fucked Sonycucks

example?

>acts like a dick
>posts a picture of Joshu
Suck on your mother's tits faggot.

Nigga I ain't falling for it, shit would have had half the catalog taking it up if that shit was announced
>Kotaku
Kill yourself

This isn't some bizarre sexual thing, is it?

Should've based him on Richard Chamberlain's Captain Blackthorne!

i'd rather nioh remained it's own thing. I want sequels if it turns out decent.

Woah bro it's almost like it's obviously a joke

>level reset

fucking yes

I strongly recommend you kill yourself asap.

>This isn't some bizarre sexual thing, is it?

No, it's not sexual.

here
I mean that dude looks badass but I want to be this green hat wearing motherfucker

gomen nasai is two words

I think he just wants you to enjoy the game and thinks you'll be missing out since it seems like you wanted to play it beforehand.

I probably would but time is limited and there's a lot of games I want to play and things I want to do. I'd love to be able to play every game in existence, read every book in existence, etc, but it's literally not possible. So I pick the things that appeal to me the most instead.

Really nice, my most anticipated game by far in 2017 and the only game I'm going to get day 1 in Feb.

He's making assumptions. Then again they made it easier because of people complaining last time, and looking at the graphs it seems more people complained this time. Looking at you asia.

Time will tell, but I won't hold my breath on the difficulty going up.

>Englishman
Nioh William is likely Irish, they should have made him a redhead

>February 9th 2017
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Honestly, the game only felt easy because I was so used to the controls, watching newbies play the beta showed that they had to get gud or get fucked
Plus a group of enemies can genk the shit out of you if you aren't fucking skilled at crowd control

> Rebalancing to ensure game difficulty is hard but not artificially hard
i would like whoever suggested that the game has artificial difficulty to point out where

m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=0w29AAndzCw
Spider tits boss fight

True, but tell that to the people who whine that the game is too hard because they didn't equip their fucking sword at the beginning of the game.

Is it really that difficult to press buttons to experiment what does what? Did a game come out that I wasn't aware of that instantly gives you a game over and erases itself from your system that made people not try the different buttons?

Yes, that type of stupidity makes me spazz out like an autist because it's too fucking difficult for me to understand how people don't try pressing buttons. Fucking reee.

>it's not doing the ambiuous storytellingthing like Souls
>Souls games
>ambitious storytelling
It's not ambitious so much as intentionally obfuscated. The actual stories are pretty average in quality, people just think they're better than they are because of how hard they had to work to figure them out.

I linked the wrong post at the end and didn't even copy the post I made before so it's all gone I'm so hazukashii
This guy did a better translation of them and released it earlier too. gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/150475717907/tgs-nioh-balancing-toward-final-product
And here's me complaining about the changes because they didn't change the right things.

Well Team Ninja confirmed that updates will not be made specifically to make the game easier but to address people's issues that cause unfair difficulty and would more likely to listen to those who got Mark of the Conqueror over those that didn't

Actually, it was to be "ambigous", but fucking autocorrect missed it apparently.

Your criticisms are so bitchy. You have that terrible "git gud and deal with it" mentality that just fucking clouds your common sense.

No one wants to fucking fight extra enemies when refighting bosses. That's so dumb and lazy. Really takes away that personal 1on1 feel when fighting a boss.

people will literally not push a button on a controller in a game until the game itself tells them to press it

Don't get me wrong, barring an announcement that ruins the way the game plays or a major difficulty lower, which as they said won't happen, this will be a definite purchase. Maybe not day 1, but definitely a week or two after.
I'm reminded of that group of play testers that didn't try going upstairs because a guard told them not to. Was it for Dishonered?

They said that right after they announced several Alpha changes to the mechanics that made the game easier. The game was already perfectly fair, you were punished for running out of Ki, but with skill and timing you could keep your Ki at a safe level. The player arbitrarily deciding what's "unfair" or "artificial difficulty" is a bad judge because who are they to say so? The game poses a challenge that can be beat, and they aren't able to meet that challenge, therefore it's unfair because if it was built differently they could beat it? Then it's something completely different.

>Only minor camera changes
>Nothing about changing the position to be more like the alpha where any enemy in front of you wasn't completely obscured by William's body
What a shame. Good news about changing the Twilight bosses though.

I wonder if that footage is tuned easier because of an event. Having a single bow undead from the first mission and spider to another shrine seems a little bit too easy

>I'm reminded of that group of play testers that didn't try going upstairs because a guard told them not to. Was it for Dishonered?
Yes. There were also those HL2 testers who got stuck running in circles in a cave for 30 minutes because there was one side path that looped back around. One.

How the fuck did you get ambitious with only one letter missing from ambiguous.

Is your brain broken?

>The name Kerry is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Kerry is: Dark.

Maybe villain is Irish too?
Though I still think he might not be human at all.

I'd like to post the Conquered pasta but someone else can, it's open season.

>No one wants to fucking fight extra enemies
Why not? You're not everyone. I enjoyed it since it gave a different spin on everything the boss does and tests how well you actually know them, while making them much better for co-op. It's not lazy or dumb just because you say so, since thought goes into what kind of enemies are in each boss arena. Onryoki had skeleton archers and Hino-enma had axe bandits, specifically for the different arenas and bosses.
>Really takes away that personal 1on1 feel when fighting a boss
Why does a boss always have to be 1on1? Disregarding that this is an optional bonus hard mode rendition of the fight, one of the boss fights Cred Forums regularly creams itself over as being the best is a 2v1. Obviously the best idea is to have it based on the boss itself, I wouldn't add enemies to the Muneshige duel, but the others are Yokai. Not honourable samurai, vicious monsters. Why expect them to play fair?

seems likely, the ice level was the same way

Man I can't wait, it looks so good.

Damn this is different to the one they did on the KT stream. In this he swaps to an axe and eventually kills her. Of particular note is how he manages to tear off half her health almost instantly. They need to fix the damn health values in this game, they've been far too low since after Alpha. Got lucky with the timing, the stream isn't over yet but the very beginning of the video is just before he starts playing.

>responding to shitposters

If the Nioh manga has been translated, could someone start a story time thread?

Japan got casualized by consoles and mobiles, those people who where gods in the arcades are just a small minority now.

Can't say I heard of that one. The alpha while somewhat vague at times did explain mechanics well enough that I was able to progress and beat both the boat oni and the lighting lion in the shrine level. It wasn't kneel down in front of a specific area with a specific item selected to summon a tornado vague though.

Sorry for shitting myself Here user, it just boggles the mind. Oddly enough it reminds me of that picture of how hobbies get ruined the more people get introduced to them. I need a stiff drink.

The one problem I still had with the UI in the beta was that there still wasn't any "sort equipment by type" option.
Nigger please, the Twilight bosses having adds was just lazy as shit, there was nothing interesting, fun, or even challenging about it. This is a much better change.
There's no reason not to replace the useless common equipment drops with just standard item and amrita drops instead. And you wouldn't want to use the shit throwaway equipment in reforging or soul matching in the first place.
Having specifically complained about the camera on inclines in the feedback, I imagine they're changing it so enemies below you on a slope are no longer completely obscured by William, as in the start of the second stage.

I'm agreed with you on all other points.

From what I've heard in the past I'm willing to bet he's legit, but more importantly it let me elaborate a bit and dispel a lot of the usual complaints people made about that kind of thing.

What a fucking idiot.

they also thought the FF15 demo was too hard

> "sort equipment by type" option.
there were sorting options and tabs for equipment type, i don't see the need for this

>Asians complaining the game is too hard

Fucking toppest kek you casual rice eaters. Pump up, cunts.

>Nigger please, the Twilight bosses having adds was just lazy as shit, there was nothing interesting, fun, or even challenging about it. This is a much better change.
it might be lazy but it did add a challenge, you had less opportunities to attack the boss and if you got hit it could be more punishing, this is a better change but i'd rather they did both.

It's more than likely that it's tuned easier for TGS, just like they do with Souls.

I didn't doubt it was real, but reading that makes me feel sorry for the poor bastard, yet livid all at the same time. I need to pull my snes out of storage.

No, you've misunderstood. The tabs were for weapons, headgear, arm gear, torso gear, and so on. What it lacks is a sorting mode for types in those categories, such as all katanas, then all spears, then all axes, or all warlord gear, then all pirate gear, then all youngblood gear, and so on. Only being able to sort by rarity or newness was a pain because it made it difficult to compare equipment with other equipment of a different rarity level but the same type.

As soon as you knew at which point the adds would show up (and where because they always appear from the same spot) you'd just get the boss health to the add point then rush to the add, kill them in a few hits, and resume fighting the boss. The only challenge involved in the way the beta system played out was learning which adds spawned and when.

This is absolutely pointless circular logic. You can defend any fucking design decision just by spinning it into something meant for the sake of challenge or something with hidden depth.

What really matters here is not necessarily making something easier because people bitched a lot, but trying to strike a decent middle ground to satisfy customers. And I understand that you fell in love with the Alpha Demo and all of the things that people complained about, but these things aren't black and white. Alpha demo was literally Team Ninja throwing darts to see what would stick. Some things weren't necessarily changed/removed to make things easier, they were changed because people just didn't like them and found them annoying.

Like weapon durability. You could argue that having weapon durability is positive, makes things more challenging, and fits the loot system. But I don't like weapon durability OR the loot system. Now they at least took out weapon durability so I can just focus on weapons that I like and just sell shitty loot for cash. I still want the loot system to go, but whatever.

>there still wasn't any "sort equipment by type" option
Actually, sorting by ability did that already, as well as sorting by rarity to an extent, since it sorted them by type within each rarity level.
>there was nothing interesting, fun, or even challenging about it
I want to just link to another post I made in there since I'd probably just say the same thing again, but I just thought of the perfect question to ask people first before getting into it. Was the Capra Demon a well designed boss fight and if you think not how would you change it?
Equipment has much more varied amounts of Amrita and getting the bonus items was dependent on what you offered too. More importantly is the time you would get them meant you felt like you were still rewarded for your progress before dying and could fuel it into making a comeback. If you just got the items you could just use them there and then and it wouldn't be interesting at all. Also I meant selling the equipment for money rather than using it.
That'd be a decent change but I really just want the old lockon camera (and more importantly movement but that's something else) to be an option. There were times I couldn't see enemies because they were too close to me.

Yeah, it wasn't great that in the "Items" screen, it only went as far as "weapons" and "armours" (Which included charms) tabs and would just lump everything into there. "Sort by weight" wasn't so useful there.

>it might be lazy but it did add a challenge

That's what people describe as artificial difficulty. Don't get triggered by that buzzword just because people love to throw that around so much. It just means "shitty/lazy way to make things harder instead of doing something more interesting".

>Asia's alpha demo has 70% saying it's too hard
>Beta was same if not harder
>has more people saying it's better
Well what definitely matters is the beta demo results since it's the most recent. Furthermore their sales means shit so their opinions are invalid.

>you will never read every book
>you will never even read every good book
>you will never ever even come close to playing every good game

This honestly hurts me sometimes.

>always loved Itagaki
>splits off from TN because of unpaid bonuses
>says he brought half the team with him
>assume it's all the best people and his new studio will become the premier action game studio

>years later Itagaki makes Devil's Third
>and TN is making Nioh
I don't know what to feel except a profound sadness

you could say, the only challenge of a boss is learning how to avoid it's attacks by your logic

Conquered pasta is seriously some of the most pathetic pretentious bullshit I've seen in my life

No. Artificial difficulty is dying in ways beyond your control like if the bats couldn't be blocked.

Oh. I see now. I understand you completely. You're a selfish asshole who played a game you didn't fully like or understand, and begged for it to be totally reworked so it would appeal only to you and lose it's own identity in the process, and fuck anyone that liked the game for it's well made design from before because you personally couldn't deal with it and kept dying. Reading you loud and clear.

are you too stupid to realize it's a joke?
I bet you are this idiot:

alpha was harder out of the gate and may have turned a lot of people off

Adding mobs to bosses doesn't add challenge because you've spent the entire level dealing with those mobs and if you're in Twilight you already have enough knowledge of the boss to beat it, therefore all that's happening is you're avoiding the boss to kill the mobs (as easily as you've been killing them for the entire level) then it's right back to fighting the boss as if those mobs never popped to begin with.

If the fight is designed around having mobs getting in your way then it can work, but the way they did it in Twilight levels was just making the fight unnecessarily longer with the only challenge being to occasionally dodge twice instead of once.

To be fair to Cookie Monster (As much as a cunt as he is as a person), Devil's Third is really a tricky thing to really judge, since no one really could've called the whole thing with THQ. That said, it's kinda funny that someone as mouthy as him has now signed on to produce F2P MMO and mobile garbage for the South Korean market for the foreseeable future.

you'd be wrong

did you fucking write it? Chances are the guy who wrote was dead serious looking at how people like you talk about games

A much greater feat than learning where to walk and slash 3 times at set intervals.

Impossible, difficulty is subjective directly correlated to the tools given. If someone finds Nioh difficult they either aren't using all of the given tools or they are using said tools wrongly.

Much of the difficulty in games like this is simply players ignoring what they should do in favor of what they want to do.

I think the only thing really missing for sorting was perhaps more weight options, but the other two tended to do the job well enough, it just took a few more seconds and to keep in mind the weight classes. Maybe just adding an option for a secondary sort in the armour menus would be fine.

Also that logic is really simplifying the effect and strategies that took place when an enemy comes in. You could try to kill him right away, but then you still have to keep track of the boss. Or you could swap between both at once, or ignore him, or use the space in the arena or boss itself to split them up. There's a lot that's subtly effected by this, and it all changes depending on the enemies themselves too.

What a fucking leap to conclusions. All I said was that I dislike weapon durability and you spun it into something that I can't deal with and that I kept dying to. I also never begged for it to be reworked, that's just you putting labels because you're angry.

Are you somewhat projecting? Am I as selfish as the person who wanted to keep the things the Alpha Demo had DESPITE so many other people disliking it? Why is your entertainment more important than theirs?

Comparing the results won't tell anyone anything. The Beta had far more content and probably had more people playing it, not everyone that played one would play the other. Also the Beta was easier really, mechanics were changed to be less punishing, movement was made safer and enemy health was lowered. It just had our good friend Muneshige and the Twilight missions to help cover that up.

Oh no, he's probably human, just unlike William he makes pacts with dark spirits who grant him more raw power most likely.

There is literally no way to help these kinds of people and wasting any effort in changing the game to do so does nothing but cheapen the experience.

Japs were always casuals. They'd make the american versions of Jap games harder.

no waifu sim for you fag

The difficulty between alpha and beta depends on the player etc. I had much more trouble with beta than alpha. Also if you played alpha obviously the beta will be easier for some because you got an understanding of the game.

>You could try to kill him right away, but then you still have to keep track of the boss. Or you could swap between both at once, or ignore him, or use the space in the arena or boss itself to split them up. There's a lot that's subtly effected by this, and it all changes depending on the enemies themselves too.

That's okay for a boss designed to have extra enemies, but I don't want to do that for every twilight boss. That might just make you repeat the same strategies.

It's life user. Don't worry though, we're all going to make it.

>Actually, sorting by ability did that already, as well as sorting by rarity to an extent, since it sorted them by type within each rarity level.
see
I want a totally different function that it lacked.
>Was the Capra Demon a well designed boss fight and if you think not how would you change it?
Yes, and that's because the entire fight was based on the first three seconds and whether you could gauge the situation and accurately avoid or attack the enemies before getting boxed in and raped to death. An easy way to fix it would have been to give the player a view of the arena before the enemies came in, so they had a chance to formulate a plan before suddenly getting ganked. The Capra Demon boss is purely a panic button that's completely ineffective as soon as you know what the gimmick is, and largely exists just to shock players encountering it for the first time, as once the dogs are dead Capra himself is a joke, even without abusing the ledge.
>If you just got the items you could just use them there and then and it wouldn't be interesting at all.
I would agree with this if not for most items having high carry limits and the player having a surplus of pretty much everything at any time. The only thing here that'd really make a difference is more elixirs. How about just having them drop more spirit stones instead? You get the same effect of amrita you can hold on to, and they could allow spirit stones to be traded for other items as an alternative. That sounds a lot better to me than my inventory filling up with dozens of pirate kote.
>That'd be a decent change but I really just want the old lockon camera (and more importantly movement but that's something else) to be an option. There were times I couldn't see enemies because they were too close to me.
I agree, I did like the alpha camera a lot more.

The lock-on changes alone objectively made the beta easier.

Who gets to decide whether the way something is made harder is shitty or lazy? The adjudicator that is the game only knows whether you've won or lost but gives you something you can win at, how can the player be the one to judge whether something is unfair in that sense if they lose? Probably not coming across right but this is why there's no such thing as "artificial difficulty", there's only difficulty. And I guess a completely unavoidable unstoppable attack is a health check, or potentially bad design depending on other factors, but how often do those really, and I mean really, show up?
You haven't spent the entire level fighting the boss, or fighting the boss with backup. It all depends on the kind of situation you get into and have to fight out of, and they greatly increase those in many different ways. The health nerfs are a problem still though and lessen the effect of it but it's still a factor, and they chose the enemies they did for a reason.

>there's no such thing as "artificial difficulty"
Rubber-banding.

>consoles
>casual
lmao ok PCfag.

Your entire post from the first sentence reads of someone who couldn't adjust to the mechanics in the Alpha and decided you didn't personally like how they were. I've seen plenty of those already. Meanwhile myself and many others greatly enjoyed the game for it's own merits and only enjoyed it further the more time put into it. You could have either learned and adjusted, played the game in co-op, or played a different game, since there are several out there that might cater to your preferences. Instead you complained until they changed things in this single game that didn't appeal to you to the way you wanted instead of how they originally were. That's far more selfish than someone enjoying something then having it taken away from them. Why is your entertainment more important than theirs?

Yea, I'm the exact same way. I love Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, and I've always loved oatmeal's attitude, but Devils Third and Nioh completely changes my perception about him.

>>assume it's all the best people
lol
talk about wishful thinking

Third reply there was me again but just gonna add that while it didn't split them up into separate tabs I think there's not really much need for it when it orders them in the way you want them to anyway. It still did all katanas all spears etc, just all under the weapons page.
About the Capra Demon, you're right for the most part and I'm happy cause I've heard people say dumb shit like "bad design, the boss would be easy if it wasn't for the dogs", but the fight extends a bit further than just the beginning since you have to watch for the dog's attacks and kill them without getting trapped. Also you get a good second of seeing them all bearing down on you which should be enough time for most but anyway, that idea of discordant attacks really can't be measured simply.
One of the main things gained from offering is the special ammunition (and whetstones miss u durability bb u made too much sense) which can be burned through pretty fast and are in short supply. Making spirit stones the new secondary economy could potentially work, but that fell under items you could use right away. Without that all I can really think of as a detriment is that you'd never really have to think about what you're carrying at all, and the Amrita values from the stones would have to be heavily reworked and balanced to deal with it. A lot of stuff in general would need that with that system, but it could work.

Past experience does help, but disregarding any new guides/material the Beta was easier overall at it's core. Don't get tricked by the levels themselves, think about how the game played and the content they shared. In the Beta, they removed Durability, the Ki stagger from taking actions you don't have the Ki for, and turning around when locked on so your movement and actions were all far safer to attempt. Enemies also had lower health, the zombies lost their yokai armour, there was an added shortcut (fine with that though) and drastically reduced environment damage and even a missing Oni at one place in the first level. Probably more things I'm missing too but you get the idea.
I wouldn't say it'd be completely the same strategies, since the different bosses and enemies alone make things a little more sophisticated, but not every boss has to have extra enemies. There's just nothing wrong with having some that do.

Probably the closest thing to it, but that's more like adding an actual threat where there would be none, since if you had that big a lead there'd be not as much danger in losing it. Gives the same race variability.

I won't lie, as an Irish dude the thing that caught my attention about this game was when I heard the crazy spirit witch bitch speaking Gaeilge in the E3 trailer. Glad she did too, I ended up loving what I played of the Beta.

Anyone else here experience the same?

I thought that, but he starts with really weak weapons and the health still seems mostly on par with what we experienced so it's hard to tell but I'm not confident.

Any chances of PC port?

Any Irish folklore involving shape shifting tattooed dudes?

Take a guess

Who's the Ice boss semen demon?

>Nioh Beta Survey
fucking casuals and now beta orbiters ruining the video game industry

Yuki onna

Unlikely, it's been announced and advertised as being developed only for the PS4, and Team Ninja got mad at PC for the DoA stuff. Though it's also Koei Tecmo, but at any rate it's a no for the foreseeable future.
That's a Yuki-onna. But more specifically, it's the spirit of Nouhime, wife of Nobunaga Oda, at a frozen Honnouji.

There's no specific person that comes to mind that he might be, but shapeshifting and tattoos both take part in various old myths and beliefs.

In particular though his tattoos are possibly similar to the ones used by the Picts (Scottish people) when they went to war, which iirc were supposed to grant them protection despite fighting completely nude.

People hated farming swords since they broken like fucking cardboard.
Now at least you can admire the swords lore and use them till you get something nice.

How come I didn't get an option to do the survey?

Japs are always casuals, they have some exceptions.
butthurt jap

Japanese people suck ass at games hence games where you can grind like mad.
Its why the new fire emblem games sell like hotcakes since they can just cheese it with 20 hours of farming.

it wasn't in the game, just online, was posted here occasionally

>Irish name
>Scottish tattoos
>English accent
Maybe his barber is Welsh.
Swords were the weakest weapons durability-wise and they still didn't break as fast as you're implying unless you died constantly. You didn't ever even need to farm weapons for that, and the situation of swapping to new weapons as they broke was mainly only a thing for the beginning of the first level. You would build up repair items by finding them and offering old broken ones for when you had weapons strong enough to use, and you could go through levels fine with two equipped weapons, but you actually had a reason to use both.

>You haven't spent the entire level fighting the boss, or fighting the boss with backup.
Irrelevant because you've spent the entire level dispatching mobs and it's a piece of cake to dispatch those mobs whilst keeping your distance from the boss. It's shitty padding that does nothing except extend the time you're there.

There's some old (As in like, pre-St. Patrick) stories in Irish folklore about shapeshifting vampire-like creatures, so there might be some influence there, but I don't think the evil sorcerer villain is meant to be anyone in particular.

>Picts
interesting, though I think the diagram thing on his chest has to be some kind of alchemy symbol.

Again it depends on how the fight plays out, and it changes your priorities where anything can happen. There's a problem with the enemies themselves not having enough health that spans through the whole game, but to call it padding is missing the point, it's a combat game and it adds a different angle of combat to it, even for a moment.

>anything can happen
Horseshit. The only time you'll be in anymore danger due to there being two mobs thrown in is if you don't manage your stamina and get staggered, which is a risk even without those mobs. Beyond that it's a simple case of avoiding the boss and dealing with the mobs like you've already done right up until that point, which is as easy as keeping the mobs between you and the boss so you can always see what the fucker's up to. There are many ways to add a different angle to combat, and throwing in trash is just adding an angle of combat you've been dealing with for the entire level you just played to reach this boss in the first place.

Muneshige is a far better fight than both versions of the boat oni and Nevan-lite.

The risk of Ki stagger is something that's increased with more guys, along with the threat of them doing combos or one hitting you when you hit the other. With all the options you've got there's a bunch of options for dealing with them, and if anything I'd say the enemies don't appear often enough in those versions. You're focusing too much on them coming from before and not seeing that the combination is what matters.

Muneshige is definitely a better designed fight than both of them, but not because of that, he's just a really fuckin cool and well made fight.

I guess Kerry will try to extend the sengoku period, if he can shape shift then causing chaos should be pretty easy.

I love how pissed off William looks most of the time.

Didn't even realise there was a beta. RIP.
Doesn't William-sama will a waifu into existance or something in this?

Hope leveling up guardians will be something like this.

Yeah, and Kerry took her.

All the blatant damage control by Nioh drones ITT.

Loving every laugh.

Pretty much. He went to Japan to rescue his spiritfu after she got kidnapped by the villain, and becomes the original weeaboo with the favour of Japan's Guardian Spirits along the way according to the manga.

What's his name again?

>Role-playing in an RPG is silly

I've already started to lose interest because they ruined the ki system and made it more forgiving.

>FF XV

Exquisite taste my mayn.

>All the blatant damage control by Nioh drones ITT.
not seeing it tbqh

Translated: we'll make the game easier if enough casuals moan about it

youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

what did they do to the ki system?

fuck off it was just tedious for tediousness sake

>Spider woman boss is an obvious Quelaag rip-off

Fanboys will defend this.

>mfw forced weeb whitcher protagonist.

>says he brought half the team with him
That was never proved

was thinking the same
then i saw the frozen lady and well,,there went any interest in buying the game, i'll get it when its 10€ i guess

In the Alpha the stagger to breathe happened not just when you took a hit with no Ki or got guard broken, but when you did an action you didn't have enough Ki for. This made the combat far less mashy and really drove home the importance of Ki management at all points, making the combat much more tense and exciting as a result, especially since it affected the enemies and you could have moments where you're both tired and desperate to land the final blow. Some people were too bad to adjust to it and really wanted to be able to mash attack and dodge though rather than have to think about their actions, so we lost it.

How was it? Eventually I learnt to manage it extremely well, it was a good learning curve. If they just gave you a slightly larger pool or had you consume slightly less id be fine but they gutted it and I'm now longer interested. It's going to become increasingly generic, mechanically, from this point on.

That always looked stupid though.
That's a non issue anyway since you can just spam ki pulses to have infinite ki anyway. The whole system is dumb and looks bad with light flashes and sounds overwhelming the screen when you chain them.

That's a deal breaker for me. They should have made NG4 instead.

that doesn't really add or remove anything to me, you are pretty much always going to have ki due to ki pulsing and you are still going to be punished if your ki is exhausted by an enemy.

Shapeshifting is pretty widespread in Irish mythology. Everyone does it. When Morrigan is arguing with Cu Chulainn she says she's going to turn into a bunch of different animals and rape him as each one. I think that's maybe what they're trying to evoke, as the Morrigan was often portrayed as a crow and the guy is wearing crow feathers.

The point is it needed tweaking, not gutting. Ki pulsing did need to be changed to be less spammable, for instance. I'm far less interested in the game now that they've essentially given up on the original concept - it no longer has the same potential to me.

You don't "spam" Ki Pulses, they require constant timing and attention for maximum benefit, and you don't have infinite Ki even with those because you don't always have the chance to focus on Ki recovery based on the fight. Having the options to recover Ki necessitates harsher penalties for screwing up, and it pushes the combat so you're always on point.
>They should have made NG4 instead.
This is NIOH. Not Ninja Gaiden, not Dark Souls. Let it be it's own damn game.
Actually having room for error is a pretty important factor. Just saying "oh I was really good at it anyway there's no point in having it" is stupid. I did Perfect Pulses and Double Fluxes all the time, but I still want this in because it's an important pillar for the combat that defines it. With the changes you're only punished if you happen to get hit, not when you're actually doing the wrong move, and you were able to still swing before the enemy could move most of the time.

>i can't play as a girl so i'm not interested anymore

Fucking kill yourself.

>Point out legitimate design flaws in the game

>The response of Nioh babbies: GIT GUD

The game hasn't even been released and it already holds the most obnoxious fanbase on Cred Forums

What flaw are you referring to exactly?

but if you are good it would have never affected you anyway

The second post you quoted deals with your point here.

If you were good you would realise you're not always good, it's not an on/off switch and something has to drive you to be good.

nobody gives a shit and I'm sure the devs are more concerned with making a good game that sells well than catering to one faggot and going broke because nobody else bought it

if a game is going for broad appeal it never ends up being really good, from my experience all the best games are niche

All you had to do was git gud

Dare I ask what design flaws you're talking about? I'd be glad to discuss them and argue for or against them if necessary. Keep in mind that not understanding or being able to execute something does not mean it's bad design, that's akin to saying a hadoken is bad design because it has an input you struggle with.
Arigatou for drawing more attention to those posts with those assumptions.

That's the only retort Souls fags have. Shouldn't be a surprise to you by now.

So if he's not going to mention anything, will you? Anyone feel free. The Soulsfag thing is hilarious though, considering the Conquered copypasta and the early Beta reactions. Anything to antagonize I suppose.

post yfw souls shit is kill

I very much enjoy Souls, Bloodborne and Nioh, why would I be happy if any of them are dead?

But I enjoyed all of them and have been greatly considering going back to play them after I'm done with other games. Can't argue with those digits though, I guess they suck now.

I like's Nioh because it was sufficiently different from Souls though. The only Souls game I really enjoyed was BB. I'm starting to dislike Nioh because it seems like it's becoming a Souls-like.

>becoming a Souls-like

Not trying to start an argument but frankly... it was never anything else to begin with.

>that one morbidly obese autist who's still bitching about durability

Disgusting. Your shallow cookie cutter CC-abomination will never be able to deliver a narrative, you know that right?

Well, your loss. Sorry about the autism man.

it's a bad game mechanic that adds nothing, it was the right decision to remove it.

Only in some broad terms. It was inspired by it and had a bunch of similar mechanics, true, but this was on top of everything else that was vastly different and focused on from a different angle, with a lot of key differences that set it apart especially in the combat. These differences are ones that Souls fans complained about in particular (bringing up the Conquered pasta again, and it hasn't even been posted), and the changes go a long way in making it play more like Souls at the cost of it's own originality and identity.

it's a good game mechanic that adds a lot, it was the wrong decision to remove it.

Hope they bring back alpha lock on movement as a toggle in options.
It was basically like playing souls unlocked (except camera tracks your target), when you needed to face your target you could just walk or press block.
It took sometimes getting used to but it was good for fighting groups and you could easily dodge in any direction.

Nioh is 8 parts action game to 2 parts rpg. Should ninja gaiden have let you customize ryu? Should dmc let you make your own dante?

Games where you make your own character almost always have worse stories.

At least the way it was implemented it was irrelevant as fuck. I never had anything break and I was always sitting on max repair items. Conversely people who were too dumb to figure out how to sell shit always had all their gear breaking. It punished the people who didn't need anymore punishment and didn't affect people who were doing well.

It was crap.

Were you the guy behind this webm by any chance? Cause this is also a really solid way of showing how the movement and camera was back then, and I'm totally saving it for that. inb4 someone assumes them dying fast is because they have low health when that's an high end weapon
It had less of an effect because we only had two levels and replaying those levels, along with a place that gave out 6 whetstones. Later on those would have been used up, plus it's not like Durability is only a thing when you don't have items to fix it, it's important in long fights. If people can't deal with it, they have to learn how, removing it doesn't do that, it just changes the lesson plan, and we only have one course. The punishment was essentially making them have to play better too if their equipment was broken, which will only contribute to them stepping things up.

I've only ever seen durability implemented fairly well in one series and that's Monster Hunter. I think it's a pretty shitty mechanic in 99% of the games it exists in. The final release was intended to have a blacksmith, people would just repair at every shrine and it would once again never affect the game.

The only time durability makes sense is in multiplayer games as a way to take money out of circulation. Otherwise unless it's a core mechanic like sharpness in monhun I'd rather it just not exist.

THREAD THEME BROS

I AM TRYING TO IMPROVE THE Cred Forums EXPERIENCE FOR YOU ENJOY! :3

Yeah, I looked through old recordings and saw I had two 15 min clips from the alpha.
And I found this bit of a pretty successful group fight.

>jap patch notes

>literally MUH WAIFU the game
How fucking based can Team Ninja get? They know exactly what weebs want and they are pandering like a motherfucker to it.
No matter what make sure to protect her smile Cred Forums

well he certainly took the lead animator dude from NG2.

There were a LOT of small qulaity of life changes that made the game easier in the short time. A tutorial to ease people in and the lack of durability made the game significantly easier to start out.

she is my waifu and you can't have her

Are you proud to be an american or european? I know I am.

You know, I never fully understand why people stand by Monster Hunter as a bastion of well implemented durability, since often times it's just the same thing but sharpening takes longer and you have to do it more often per fight, especially if you want max damage. The only other difference is being able to cut certain areas without bouncing off which granted is a big deal and affects combat a lot but I would expect the nature of that to fall under "tediousness" from a lot of people I've seen here. The blacksmith wouldn't show up at the shrine though, it would be at the same place it is in the Beta.

Also it's funny you say that since this game, as well as technically being a multiplayer game, desperately needs a mid level expense as gold is far too useless without having something like buying repair items and fixing weapons, until you got to reforging which blew all your money away on potentially nothing (unless you're a dirty cheater). It was a pretty important mechanic for cycling between your equipped weapons and would compliment Familiarity by giving a neat little challenge and reward for sticking with a weapon long enough. Kinda like Vagrant Story.

Get the fuck off Cred Forums William and go kill a yokai.

>as soon as the game turned into a souls clone everybody said it was better than the alpha

Fucking soulsbabbies.

I knew it, thanks for contributing to the threads. I wanted to make a bunch of webms but the footage I have isn't saved and when I tried to capture it and create them I ended up with... well this. I think you forgot to post the fight though, unless you meant the other one.

It allows for a variety of weapon balance too and certain moves ignoring bounce zones etc can add for some interesting play. It affects the game in a way that most durability mechanics don't. If your entire durability mechanic just means I have to remember to talk to a blacksmith once every 3 hours like in most games then it's pretty fucking pointless imo.

Vagrant story game you a damage bonus for staying at max durability but also had a way to keep it at max by chaining shit with temper. It was integrated into the gameplay.

All i ask is that you make it important or remove it entirely. Souls games are an example of boring pointless durability systems.

it was more like souls in alpha than beta apart from the camera. developers can't make an action rpg without it being called a souls clone these days.

Hope I can summon my best mates to adventure together.

youtube.com/watch?v=bzJDimvPW1Y

No it wasn't. There was item durability, Stamina management was actually important, and like you said the camera was different. The beta is far more like Souls than the alpha ever was.

I think you can only summon 1 person at a time.

Is this a ironic shitpost? I honestly can't tell whats a falseflag and whats a shit opinion anymore.

How is that a bad thing again?

Looks like the axe is staying worthless.

Sure but the point is that it's different enough that it's not a souls clone.

Nice to see they're making the game more enjoyable

who are you quoting?

>Add and adjust samurai skills
Now fellow axe bro. Our time is coming.

But DaS has durability :^)

>complains about GIT GUD and obnoxious fanbases
>is a MGR fan
oh, the ironing

>They'd make the american versions of Jap games harde
You mean the opposite. In the 90's the jap version of games were always harder.

Ace Combat 3 for example was a casual piece of shit with AI being so retarded the entire game was a turkey shoot.

In the JP version you'd actually get rockets up your ass and blown to shit by multiple planes at once.

>explain and defend the Alpha's design choices against people that couldn't deal with it
>they get mad and insist it's the game's fault instead of them and it should be 1-1 like souls
>beta comes
>explain and defend the Alpha's design choices against people that couldn't deal with it
>I'm an elitist soulsfag who doesn't want them to be good at the game
What a wild ride.
Nioh's weapons and armour were balanced according to durability as well, with some lasting for longer. It was important for balancing armour in particular I feel, that seemed to feel the most of it. I don't think you're realising though, just going to the blacksmith after missions would not be enough for fixing weapons, with the level it decreased at you had to actually keep both weapons strong. Ideally, fixing equipment and buying repair items would be fairly expensive as well (not too much but just right), necessitating offering or selling the equipment you get to keep things rolling. And again, durability comes into play in any extended fight, not just when you have to check and see if you have the items to fix it.

Vagrant Story's system was a little different than just that. It had two meters, Phantom Points which build up from use and fuckIdon'tremembermaybeitwasRepair Points that decreased from use. You got a damage decrease when RP was empty, and a damage boost when PP was full, but fixing a weapon would reduce PP to 0. It really reminds me of the ways Familiarity and Durability would have worked, there's even a big attack in both that expends PP/Familiarity. The difference would just be that Durability is handled with other mechanics.

It was quite big already, the only things I would add would be that fully broken weapons require the blacksmith to fix them, and make the Wooden Sword unbreakable (I think they wanted to anyway). Most Souls games might as well not even have Durability, but I did enjoy it a lot in DS2, it was actually a thing just like Nioh.

If that faggot doesn't turn out to be a challenge I'm going to be disappointed.

>jap version of games were always harder.
Tell that to ruby weapon

>TFW Giant hammers, and Giant Axes
>but no Giant sword

i want a giant katana like the wash pole from dark souls

Are you being serious? The game's combat in particular played vastly different and the changes in the Beta did nothing but blur the lines and damage it's originality.
Are YOU being serious? Kou Shibusawa destroyed spidertits with an axe, and the axe has always been a powerful weapon in all stances. This meme needs to end.
N O D A C H I D E S U

>the axe has always been a powerful weapon in all stances
Low stance is shit mang

>No Gauntlet weapons
>Can't go nuts punching and kicking things to death

>I don't like what I'm hearing but have no argument so I'm just going to call it a shitpost

Souls didn't start with Dark Souls, and DaS is the only one with Durability.

Because it doesn't really seem unique if it's just trying to be a mediocre rip off of another series.

>Ni-Oh isn't a souls clone
Really now? A this point the only thing that really sets it apart from souls is stances. If it was just medium stance (the most viable and really the only useful stance in the game so far) it would be 100% seen as a souls clone, no questions asked.

Kek
>imma gonna get you with this here sword

>Kou Shibusawa is crap at the game

As expected from a guy who made historical simulation games his whole life.

Axe is awful. The damage does not warrant the stamina use.

I loved coming across revenants with an axe. Free kill.

Why does it need to be unique?

>get summoned to help with twilight second mission
>waste my stamina so GhostCutie eats me up
>Host is confused everytime

Is this gonna be the Ni-Oh equivalent of 1v1 me?
>I can beat up your revenant lol
Wowwie you beat up an AI. Congrats faggot.
Axe is still good tier for dealing with Yokai due to how much Ki damage it naturally does.

he would have gotten wrecked if they had the old stamina system.

It was going to be unique. It's been revised many times but in the end the devs just decided to turn it into a Souls clone for easy recognition.

>why should it be unique?

Why should it just be Souls with a different skin? At least Bloodborne had the decency to change things around outside of just aesthetics despite being Souls as its core. Ni-Oh is just a blatant Souls clone and it's really bland for it.

But I mean. You just described dark souls...that has to be an ironic shitpost. You just said the alpha wasn't similar to dark souls and then procedded to list things that are similar.

Or I could just pull out 1kat and kick it's ki away in 5 seconds.

The axe offers zero advantages over the other weapons and comes with a pile of disadvantages.

It's the Threaded Cane of Nioh right now.

>It's been revised many times
Do you know what alpha and beta are for?

Low stance is fantastic. If you don't use low stance when using axe, you're not using axe. Those quick pokes are really important for opening enemies, and the combos do good damage.
The Ki use isn't that much higher than that of the other weapons, and can be mitigated with Ki Pulse. In exchange for that you got huge per hit damage on small openings, wide range, armoured attacks and could destroy guards. I hope you're not assuming revenants are indicative of weapon balance there.

>Ghostcutie
Who?

SeeAs he explained it better than me. Axe has many advantages not the least of which is that armor buff it can give you. High Str+End for heavy armor+axe was a solid build.

>Really now? A this point the only thing that really sets it apart from souls is stances. If it was just medium stance (the most viable and really the only useful stance in the game so far) it would be 100% seen as a souls clone, no questions asked.
that's like saying battlefield and halo are the same because they share the same core fps mechanics

>Do you know what alpha and beta are for?
Yeah, to change aspects of the game, not completely revise it from the ground up. How new are you?

Also did you not know that Ni-Oh has been in Development hell for a decade, you fucking retard? It was originally going to be some kind of RTS or action RTS. Now after many revisions it's just a souls clone.

>But I mean. You just described dark souls.
No, I described Souls as a whole. Dark Souls is not the first or the only Souls game.

>muh ironic shitpost
Fuck off

>You just said the alpha wasn't similar to dark souls and then procedded to list things that are similar.
No, I said that the Alpha was less like Souls than the Beta was. Play more than Dark Souls and maybe you will see what I'm talking about.

Laarn how to read, retard.

Actually, all the Souls games had Durability, but the only one that had Durability that mattered (ie: you had to pay attention to it and plan around it) was DS2. Also all the stances were important and strong and while I think the Alpha's mechanics were better and they need to change them back, the game isn't completely a Soulsclone. Yet.
Just reminded me that all the changes made in the Beta are ones the game hasn't been fully rebalanced for as well, as the game was made with Alpha based mechanics in mind and it's too far along to change them to account for safe circlestrafing etc. Revenants are a strong case for that, they're nigh on impossible to hit from behind unless you catch a huge whiff and your own movement is unpunishable.

Halo didn't have iron sights or sprinting and battlefield didn't have armor or actual campaign modes. That's a terrible compairson.

That's a terrible comparison. Those games play nothing alike.

You seem very angry user. Do you need to talk?
I'm just confused because durabilty is from souls and was only in the alpha which means the alpha was much more similar than the beta in inventory management.

Or you can smash it's Ki away with a single Rumbling Earth, or just kill it in one high stance Heaven and Earth combo. I was able to take Hino-enma's Ki from full to empty with two Rumbling Earths, which aren't particularly hard to time or position.
>Threaded Cane
>bad
It has more tricked range than the tricked axe, good range and speed on untricked and access to blunt, thrust and serrated damage.

Even more of a reason to expect changes. I wonder who the retard is here

>in both of them you fire guns
>both games have health regeneration
>both games have sprinting
>both games have different weapon types

Not him but you do realise there was far more to the game, and far more changed, than just Durability right? Plus Durability was only in Souls games in the most token sense. It had virtually no effect or impact on just about everything, so it is not a mechanic synonymous with Souls games. Only one of them had Durability worth a damn, DS2, and a lot of people don't like considering it a Souls game. So yeah from the looks of things you're being purposefully obtuse.

William prayed his waifu into existence and normies can't see her.
Truly William is someone I can identify with!

i dont want rogue to die

>spiritfu being spiritcute
The more I see of this manga the better it gets. Is William-sama the best protagonist or the best protagonist?

fire emblem games are a bad example to use
literally every fire emblem game has 1 character with absurd stat growths that make them capable of killing the maps singlehandedly once you forcefeed them exp

Gogandantess, the greatest swordsman of all demons!

>Adjust
>Adjust
>Adjust
>Adjust
>Revise
>Adjust

Why even fucking write a report? Might as well say "did shit" and move on, saying you "adjusted" something doesn't say a fucking thing.

Only really played the GBA games though I'm pretty sure the others are the same with this, but other than Sacred Stones they didn't really have any place to conveniently grind except for the arenas, which were still pretty dangerous for how effective they were for getting money/exp.
The Japanese nowadays have moved much more towards mobage though and lost much of that mythical god at games status they had.

They went over each point with a bit more detail in the TGS stream but only in Japanese.

I'm talking about the report though, I'm not talking about some random moonstream.

>he never replied

>Cred Forums
>Expecting anyone to take you seriously
>Implying nobody knows you'll just paraphrase greentext his reply and ad some generic insults instead of responding to him properly

>a japanese developer
>on a japanese conference
>presenting a japanese game
>"lol fucking moonrunes wtf"

That stream was essentially where the list itself came from as well as all the new gameplay footage and info we have now. Hopefully someone is able to translate it fully though, the official list is really bad, and while Gaijin Hunter's is better it doesn't have those details they might have mentioned in the stream. They really need to be more specific with this stuff though. A helpful user was going to translate the stream but he wasn't able to see all of it since it needed to process or something, but he did manage to catch Yasuda talking about how they heard Magic was weak in regards to skill balancing, which is complete nonsense but gotta wait and hear the full thing.
>implying I haven't made it this far giving thought out responses and tried to foster discussion at every turn
Just what I'd expect from a casual retard wait oh no oh no.

Unlike BF and Halo, Nioh and souls play very similar. This is an awful analogy.

Are you retarded? They aren't going to change the genre of the game with alphas and beta.

>>implying I haven't made it this far giving thought out responses and tried to foster discussion at every turn
>Just what I'd expect from a casual retard wait oh no oh no.
see

I was going to buy the game based off the strong showing the alpha had, but after playing the beta the just lost its shine for me. Really dumbed down and not as satisfying as the alpha. Shame because was really the only game that caught my eye in a long time. Oh well, i hope you guys enjoy the game. I hope a game will come out to attract the niche audience that the alpha was originally catered to

>I like making my own character in games. It's a deal breaker for me for most games if I can't make my own character.

My sympathies for your autism.

>Camera changed
>William no longer has asthma attacks when out of stamina
>Really dumbed down and not as satisfying
kys urself my man

I don't get it. He was just letting you know that there was more detail elsewhere but we might not understand it yet, then got confused at you calling it a random moonstream when it was important and at the Japanese event this stuff first came from.
I thought my joke was funny...

It's a real shame. I really enjoyed the Alpha's mechanics so much more for the same reasons you're saying. It felt so much better and tighter and samurai-er, and I wish I could hate the Beta enough to really force a change somehow with "very bads" in the feedback, but I just like the game too much for a lot of other things as well as what's left. I'm still hoping that it gets reverted back to Alpha status somehow, but I hope that if not you can find it enjoyable enough again for when it comes out.
Now this must be exactly what that other guy was talking about. Paraphrased, with an insult and completely missing the point of the combat and how far those changes reach and affect how you approach fights, all in the most verdant hues.

kys faggot

no (You)

Don't reply to alphafags
They're all pure cancer who give long winded replies that can be summed up in NOT MUH ALPHA even though most of the changes were for the better.

They really are a plague, hopefully they fuck off forever since they are not wanted.

Holy shit they are really listening.

this guys has been bitching about the removal of durability ever since the alpha, I have no doubt that he will continue to bitch about it even when the game comes out, claiming that the game is casualized because of that one annoying thing they got rid of, we need a name for this guy, durafag or something.

>most of the changes were for the better.
only retarded soulsbabby beta faggots say this. The game is even easier now than it was before and it feels even more like a shitty Dark Souls clone now than before.

The only people who say stuff like "the beta was 100% better than the alpha lol alphafags" probably never played the alpha in the first place.

So smart and true.
>le upbote.

>bitches about no character creation in an RPG
>says he's going to buy FFXV

You're a minority, most people don't give a shit about CC.

>Japanese once again proving that they're horrible at video games

>Implement items when player level is reset

I dont know what this means.

You have something against reading? I guess so since there's some actual points made in any post I've made that you've skimmed.
>I created the quintessential "alphafag" image just by being well written and open for discussion
I believe in showbiz this is referred to as "making it big".
I only wish people posted my Ken-sama copypasta more often, it's been a while.

Just add a difficulty option and bring back all the stuff from the alpha.

Are you a cute trap?

>Make a post against an autist or two
>Go to sleep
>Wake up to see more autists doing nothing but labeling me as someone who single-handedly removed features from a game

There's really no point to this. The feature is gone and is never coming back. I never complained about it in the alpha survey because it was irrelevant thanks to whetstones. They changed it because a lot of people didn't like it, so maybe you should've asked some reddit friends to tell them to keep it. You act like you're in the majority, but you're in the extreme minority according to actual data.

Pancakes desu, I've personally always asserted that I was far more concerned with the lockon movement changes. You sound familiar.
Badly translated interpretation of "add items to allow respeccing stats". I'd recommend also reading Gaijin Hunter's version of the notes, the link's somewhere in this thread.

So if you didn't get loot by killing enemies how would you get it?

I'd accept that as a compromise if necessary, but the main problem with that is similar to the reason Souls games don't get difficulty modes. The challenge is a big component of the atmosphere and feel of the game, and it would mean everyone is getting a different experience rather than one unified one. Balancing the game with two difficulties in mind each with different mechanics would also inevitably leave one out in the cold. Plus there's the online features to consider, how would it affect revenants and co-op since they would have different mechanics applied, and splitting them up damages the playerbase.

Asia is huge though. But survey was region regulated through language as far as I remember so it was probably in Mandarin, so yeah.

>"Adjust"

God I hate when they are this vague.

What the fuck why does Asia have so many casuals?

You are now manually remembering how vague the first list was as well. Japan just can't into patch notes most of the time.
The mobage scourge hit hard.

It was the same thing with the FF15 demo.

Ni-Oh uses souls as a template and builds on it (in terms of combat)

game is clearly faster than souls stamina shit fucks up the pacing

It's not meant to be all balls to the wall NG speed all the time. It's meant to be explosive and momentum based like a classic samurai battle.

Day 1 buy if there is optional alpha difficulty setting.

>that beta feedback

Calm the fuck down, asia.

In case anyone missed it, the KTGS day 4 stream's fully up now, this has Kou Shibusawa fighting spidertits a lot more than that one other video, and he even wins at the end after a few tries, with an axe no less.
The entire Nioh section starts at about 3:33, in case anyone would be able to translate what they talk about. The gameplay starts at about 3:47.

>alpha comes out
>enjoy it
>beta comes out
>don't enjoy it as much

I fear for the worst when the real game comes out

I can live translate if you want to skype or something, we can watch together and I'll just translate as we watch.

That's a good way of describing it

Arigatou but I don't have Skype, and that's gay bro. It's better that more people know about any new info we could get from this, but anyone able to translate would be a great help. Also yeah, I hate having to be so concerned for the game's future that I end up spoiling the bosses just to see how it plays now.

Hahaha fucking faggot

no game for you

>Japan is still casual

Japan just doesn't play console games at all anymore. I like that they seem to be making this with the rest of the world in mind, at least a little more than what Japanese companies are normally like. The worldwide release is nice and the multilingual voicing is really cool.

yeah, other companies could learn from that, Atlus

>prayed into existence someone who made him virtually immoral
That's some pretty hardcore prayer.

>Low Stance Dodge Ki Pulse

I'm so hard right now.

Nioh is obviously aiming for a world wide audience.
Simultaneous launch with like 8 supported languages is a lot more than most other JP publishers do.
Though some of them are improving.
Like Bamco did a very careful release of SAO and Digimon but when they sold pretty good they immediately increased support for the follow ups, going from English only to multiple translations.

And eventually all major publishers in Japan will have to follow suit or just go full mobile.

>Japan got casualized by consoles

Did you even read what you just typed or you are always this clueless?

Let me guess, you think PC gaming is big in Japan.

For whatever reason, the TGS demos have Dodge Pulse on both low and high stance. I hope it's a temporary thing since that would be too much and leave mid stance put out a bit too much. Dodge Pulse was better on high stance, and it should have Combo Pulse too, low stance has no real need for either of them and Dodge Pulse on it makes it far too simple to keep track of your Ki as well as being too powerful and overshadowing everything else.

Combo pulse? Whats that

I WANT TO FUCK SPIDER LADY

Apparently they said on the stream that they will keep both kid dodges, both high and low.

So crazy is back? Thank buddah.

When using a "triangle at the end of a square combo" skill, it would count as a Ki Pulse. In the Alpha this was exclusive to high stance, then in Beta they gave it to low stance while giving high stance the Dodge Pulse.
This just sounds like a really bad idea. Oversaturation and removing something that made the stances unique is a bad move, and it gives too many Ki Pulses everywhere.
That "crazy" never left. Low stance could still do plenty dodge attack spam in the Beta, it just wasn't for ridiculously broken lengths that made other things unimportant. Plus that shit wasn't really as fun to do as it looked if you kept it up constantly, and it was even easier than that to do, it only looked impressive.

>high and low has ki dodge

Mid stance gets no love

Mid stance has the best blocking though and blocking is really strong.

Mid stance was able to get away with it before since it had Ki recovery with guarded movement, but not if everything else gets all the same Pulses. The only way I can maybe see this working is if mid stance is the only one to get Combo Pulse, but that makes no sense from a thematic and combat style standpoint, it worked far better when it was on high stance and there's still far too many Ki Pulses around with that, wouldn't even be necessary to do the normal one. I get the feeling they're only doing this because of the average beginner's tendency to stick with mid stance rather than explore the others, but this is not how to go about it, people are just like that until they get to grips with things.
Blocking is the same among all stances as far as Ki costs go, mid just gets the aforementioned extra recovery as well as learning the more defensive skills for each weapon.

Having 2 dodge pulses is probably temporary

>The Devs are wrong it's not an Action RPG listen to me

God I hate Nioh cucks.

Majority of feedback asked for dodge pulsing back on low-stance. So that's what we're getting

Wouldn't that specifically mean he wants the game to not be Nioh? Why would he then be a Nioh cuck, if anything he wants a new NG. And I've been accused of being against the devs for wanting RPG mechanics returned, because of them following the survey results. Sometimes this feels like the Twilight Zone.
I remember the first threads too. Again this is something people kneejerked to instead of thinking about it. Low stance has absolutely no need for either Dodge Pulse or Combo Pulse, while both of them perfectly complement high stance's playstyle of careful timing and give it some degree of sustainability that it was missing. It was probably one of if not the best change made in the Beta.
I just wanna hold on that thought for a moment, I'm defending a change made from the Alpha to the Beta, guys. How about that.

nigga you're playing the role of Wirriam-san

Uramu!

People knee-jerked a lot of things in alpha and thats why we got the inferior beta. I agree dash pulse better suits high than low, but Team Ninja is trying to cater to the majority here. Thats why the alpha was changed and thats why dodge pulsing is going to be back to low-stance in the main game.

>roleplay as a cis white weebaboo

Axe isn't worthless, just its techniques. Most of them are variations of "hit hard but drain stamina" when it's utterly worthless since that's what it does on mid/high stance anyways. The swing and dash have some utility at least.

Pretty sure Nioh and NG are in the same universe right?

Assuming it was the overall majority that asked for it, a lot of people, those with kneejerk and worse written opinions in general, don't tend to know for sure what they really want or what would be for the best in the game. Given the same time those that played the game more had, they might come to change their mind or see it differently, which is why the survey results aren't a concrete measure of what's best or what they want. Being able to take the survey at any point was the nail in the coffin, they really should have had it come up after you obtained the Mark of the Conqueror or beat Nue. I wonder how many would have bought the game anyway, probably quite a few since the main appeal for them is the setting.
All of axe's skills are actually really useful and strong when used right, and they're not all like that at all. Rumbling Earth when charged destroys Ki with a big range for example.
Nope, just same developers. Would be different time periods anyway.

I just hope to God they don't make the game easier.

I didn't think the Beta was any easier than the Alpha but I'm hoping nothing changes between now and the release.

axe is very good imo its damage output is really good in high stance

The Beta was easier because of all the mechanics changes and health reductions, all those changes seem to still be in, and there might be a few more. They're awful for giving details but that they didn't mention changing anything back is cause enough for concern.

>What happened to Japan not being casual?

Who spreads this myth? Even since the days of the NES there have been an ocean worth of games that were made easier, or featured easier modes in Japan.

Even the already extremely easy Resident evil 4 had a special easy mode in Japan while everyone else had Normal and Hard.

It's just always been a thing. I think it's from back when a lot of the famous record holders or whatever were Japanese, along with the games coming from there. Really apart from maybe some of the fighting game guys the place has been generally similar to the rest of the world.

>Kou Shibusawa fights like a coward
>AAAAAA YADA YADA YADA ABUNAI ABUNAI ABUNAI

Don't bully Kou-san! He's just elder and hasn't played much.

>MGS games had European Extreme
>DMC3's Normal mode was Japan's Hard mode
Pretty funny how many examples there are.