Comfy Warhammer 40k/Fantasy thread

Comfy Warhammer 40k/Fantasy thread.

To kick things off
>last Warhammer game you played
>your rating

>Vermintide
>7/10

Other urls found in this thread:

youdubber.com/index.php?video=YROOgLD-wtU&video_start=0&audio=nOr0na6mKJQ&audio_start=8
youtube.com/watch?v=VmOfhQgU0KI
poal.me/vgqzqq
youdubber.com/index.php?video=HyfId5ukbwI&video_start=0&audio=ETfiUYij5UE&audio_start=0
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408527572
youtube.com/watch?v=s8klnCoAEi0
youtube.com/watch?v=ug_gqH1tzPk
youtube.com/watch?v=eB5lnj4B-64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>TW Warhammer
>7/10
Need more content and feels bare bones compared to the other titles

Why are there no W40k RPGs out yet? I'm too old to play any other genre.

There's a whole bunch of turn based games.
>Armageddon
>Regicide
>Deathwatch
>Sanctus Reach (not out yet)

>Space Hulk Ascension
8/10, my main issue so far is that enemy pathing seems to shit itself on some maps.

So it's good? There's a lot of whining about how the game was released unfinished and abandoned on the forums.

>Dawn of War III
>9/10
Got to play a good 30 minutes of it. Imperial Knights just feel so good.

Total warhammer
I can't really rate it. Some times I have a lot of fun but at others it just seems very flawed.

Does it have the massive feel of DoW or the small-unit feel of DoW2?

>vermintide
>7/10

Shitty loot system and awful optimization killed this game for me, but I still played it for like 60 hours so its not awful.

Massive feel. Larger maps, more units to control, larger units. Definitely an improvement over DoWII.

I haven't really kept up but as far as i know the developer was bankrupted and has been trickling in patches/content on their own time.

As of yet i haven't had any issues in my current campaign at least.

Rogue Trader Tabletop Roleplaying Game, which I am GM'ing.

Lucky bastard. Everyone I know refuses to play Rogue Trader with me. It's like they don't even want to have a giant spaceship and explore the universe for high adventure.

Disown them. That's what I did.

>eternal crusade
>5/10 but potentially 7/10

Any good place to get the novels?

A little place we on the internet refer to as "Amazon". Or you could go outside to any decent bookstore or game shop.

Don't even act like that post was asking about buying the novels. Don't make yourself look that retarded.

I really want to get into warhammer where do i start? I know the universe is massive and both fantasy and 40k seem amazing to me.

>Eternal Crusade

2/10. Not even trolling. There's no reason to play this over Relic's Space Marine. It's literally worse in every respect, and it doesn't even have a single player component. Eternal Crusade is probably my biggest let down of 2015-2016. Huge potential wasted by fuckuseless developers.

go to /tg/ and look for the first post of a 40k general, there should be books archived on mega

Depends. If you want basic overviews of the lore watch arch warhammers channel. If you want more detailed lore use lexicanum or some shit. If you want story look to the novels.

Thanks

the fastest way is downloading a 40k rulebook and reading the fluffy part of it

>Battlefleet GOTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC
>7/10 why won't it come back to life

>play EC and stutter yet can play most other games at ultra with 60 frames
>Barebones and placeholders everywhere
>super rushed release that even the devs are memeing about it
>remember that this was toted to be the continuation of Dark Millennium and have all the cool open world and raids that DM was going to have

Brothers, my faith in the emperor has shaken to the very core and to top it off my favorite chapter didnt even make it in

>no big game developers will get the warhammer IP to make an all ecompassing tps dream game

I played it for a bit but never got into the multiplayer.
Ramming into shit was so much fun.

DoW (Soulstorm)
10/10 would preorder if made again today

>no AAA WH40k rts or tps
>no AAA WHFB Hack n Slash or RPG
>all we get is mobile tier trash and rushed games

I just hope that space hulk game with the death wing turns out to be at least a 6-7/10

/10 why won't it come back to life
let's be honest just for an instant: the tabletop game wasn't really popular.

Convince me that DOW III isn't going to be a pile of shit.

It looks like a step back in every way from II's squad mechanics and barely resembling the first.

Blame games workshop being liberal with licensing. They'll let anyone do it so long as it doesn't seem like it will pass people off outright or interfere with another license agreement.

*piss people

is Deathwing going to be any good?

what chapter is that even?
iron hands?
black templars?
raven guard?

nice bait

Crushing this thread

> larger units
5man SM squad is not a improvement, dow 2 is skirmish game at best.
DOW 3 have little chance of being warhammer game at this point with matrio terminators, shit cover and other crap.

Who else is waiting for DEATHWING?

Cyberpunky harlequin. MINE!

agreed. I tried playing EC again after a few months today and everything about it still pisses me off.
-lots of game sounds cut out, so you dont know when you're getting shot at
-every gun feels like its shooting wet paint
-the menus are frustrating to navigate
-spawn timers are way too high for how much of a clusterfuck every match turns in to
-melee dueling still feels like a complete dice roll.
-characters tend to stutter and jump around rapidly, making it very hard to track a target in a game where nearly every gun is a TTK based weapon. this also makes timing melee blocks a complete crapshoot
-every map has about 80% wasted space and the rest is filled with clutter, invisible edges on objects, checkpoints that'll make your ass bleed and the worst terrain for driving vehicles in.
-its still unoptimized and runs like shit
-who the fuck thought 40 player matches were a good idea?
-capturing a point takes fucking years
-vehicles all feel like theyre driving on ice
-quad cannons are either useless or insanely OP, depending on the patch
-keymapping is a pain in the dick because you cant just unbind commands
-every fucking map involves running for 30 seconds back to the action
-assault marines/raptors cannot effectively assault together because the jetpack stun affects allies
-anti armor weapons take way too long to kill vehicles and emplacements

What are some essential Warhammer games?

I only know about dawn of war and space marine.

Black Templars which looked to be the poster Space marine chapter for dark millennium and it makes the sting that much more painful

>crushing a thread with no crushing claws

true girls have big meaty claws

i probably belong to a very small minority here but i really love the campaign on dow2 and chaos rising

gearing up small squad, unlocking abilities and shit

retribution can fuck off with infinite health packs, grenades and units

not to even mention no defend the shrine missions

would be so happy if they ever made campaign focused dow2 like game with actual plot, more gameplay and other chapters not just meme ravens

Anyone here play return of reckoning?

I always wanted to start a goblin group.

i cant

yes

more warhammer skanks

All i want,
Is a 40k game about a detachment of imperial soldiers stranded on a space hulk.
Think Xcom with base management,
Manage resources,
Build defenses,
Sure up your position,
Send expeditions further into the hulk,
Aquire artifacts,
Find lost Imperial troops, Some from your ship, others from a while ago.
Including a few Space Marines.
Find new weapons and armaments.
Progress through a loose campaign with the end result being you finally escape the hulk
(You know to be cleansed afterwards to make sure you aren't infected with xeno filth)

Downloading it now.

TABLETOP games.
These are the hallmark, these are the pillars.

Havent played space muhriens, Im kinda sick of them( i know they are poster boys) but Othere than Dow series everything else is just 6/10 at best, I havent been excited with other games for a while(not from 40k universe)

Trips of truth.

All I've ever wanted is a good 40k tps/fps. Why can't that just happen already?

>no deldar
No. This does not please my dick. Crazy clown sex is only good once.

I'd play that

>finding any human on a space hulk whose been stranded on it and probably inside the warp while stranded
>wanting them to join your forces

thats how you get heresy son

>improvement

more is not necessarily better, friendo

personally im kinda pissed they decided to revert to a dow1 clone instead of creating something new or advancing on the dow2 formula. by the way, I want to point out that company of heroes remains a popular game even though it is very micro based. dow3 should have been a CoH clone, if anything. CoH is micro based with a strong macro element of base building, many control points and larger maps and thus many units being required for victory. why the fuck did they not just do that? dow1 multiplayer was fucking boring and full of cheesy turtle strategies

chaos gate (xcom clone)
dawn of war 1 for the story
dawn of war 2 for single player campaign/ dow2 retribution for multiplayer
space marine
maybe battlefleet gothic if you're into naval combat

so Halo wars turn based in 40k?

In other news I am quietly excited to gain BROZOUF on space hulks

So, we have a former Deathwatch member appearing along side Deathwing SM. Will we see Death Company, Death Guards and the Death Corp of Krieg too in an epic duel of death?

I don't trust a single company out there, especially with the tight creative control GW will have, to put out a decent 40k rpg. The only example I've seen so far, the Eisenhorn rpg, had a gameplay trailer which was shit.

>repetitive gameplay
>using his power sword to open doors multiple times in the crypt
>collecting coins from chests
>as an inquisitor
>using the coins to buy new power swords etc
>as an inquisitor

it was an alpha version but it showed little promise

Deathwing looks alright.

Deathwing get hyped.

youdubber.com/index.php?video=YROOgLD-wtU&video_start=0&audio=nOr0na6mKJQ&audio_start=8

>text on power sword is in english
>not in imperial gothic
dropped

>imperial gothic
you realize thats low gothic, right? Which is english (or well whatever native language you read 40k in).
High Gothic is what the non-plebs speak and its latin. I assume you meant to reference High Gothic.

Dropped on your head, maybe. It's been that way since the beginning. In modern fluff, it's the difference between Low Gothic and High Gothic.

High Gothic is common on relics and important equipment/whatever they are decoration. Low Gothic is common elsewhere, like what a guardsman writes on his tank or what a sisters might write on her bolter. One dark angel appears to have gotten some custom script on his power sword. I wonder if other battle brothers sperged as hard as you when they saw it.
>Ab-Absolutely heretical! You're no Dark Angel!

Most people who play rts spend their time turtling against ai until they tech and build a game ending army. That's why people are so hostile toward reduced based building and mechanics that force you to move around.
Most people are simply too afraid to play multiplayer rts

focus and relic have been spot on with their games so far

>bolter is called man-killer
I hate time travelling sjw pandering

Well those people generally enjoy the campaigns of the games. Then, once that runs dry, play against AI. Some games cater to playing against AI better.

Its not really an issue. Most people want that slow pace you get out of a turn based game, without the turns. So playing slow builders against AI can suit that.

better version
youtube.com/watch?v=VmOfhQgU0KI

SoB originally started as anti-SM units and since all SM are male...

That fits so well it made me shiver.

XENOS START COMING TO KILL THE "UMIES

ORKZ 'ERE

I dun feel orky enuff tuday ladz

>ants sized-xenos
Nothing to fear here.

poal.me/vgqzqq
which one of you was option 6?

Good
I hate furfags

>Hyped as fuck for Deathwing
>2 of the 3 guys I've played games with a long time that aren't shit have become jews that never buy games on release, like, nothing is worth 40-60 bucks to them, even if the 4 of use will play the shit out of it together
>I have another group of friends I meet at my last job I play shit with, they're mostly MOBA casuals and the few times we've tried to play something like L4D2 they were complete shit.

I hope it's fun to carry 2 shit randos or shit friends.

>nothing is worth 40-60 bucks to them
Deathwing is like 30 bucks.

I wasn't sure, if I remembered I would have put 30-60. We still play L4D2 on expert sometimes inbetween other games and me and my other bro still couldn't get them to get Vermintide during the last big sale. You underestimate the hook nose on these faggots.

>Last Warhammer game played
Soulstorm Ultimate Apocalypse Mod

>Rating
4/5

Often like to play on crazy insane with HQ destruction victory condition for a counter to the absolutely mad Ork AI.

They just spam their class titans with the +1000 relic point side-effect 'free Ork titans', end up playing hide and seek with the dropships.

For some reason the Ork, Sisters and Dark Eldar AI all get boners for blood on crazy insane. Orks just wanna fight everything, Sisters light the world on fire if someone even forgets to daily praise their Emprah and Dark Eldar are just that aroused they're in a situation of mass murder and mayhem they'll apparently charge balls to the wall towards a Tau Broadside and Riptide firing line.

On that note I'm really looking forward to ripping some xeno scum in Deathwing, I've awaited a DOOM-level of intensity character focused massacre for a long time, Space Marine didn't quite fully deliver on the rip and tear factor.

>feels bare bones compared to the other titles
I'll bite. What goddamned other titles have more content?

Mordheim: City of the Damned.
I enjoy the individual stories of the characters I create develops as they pick up injuries, narrowly avoid them, or astonishingly never go down because they're some kind of avatar of The Horned Rat here to blight the empire for eternity. I also like the tension of combat, knowing that one mistake could lead to your best guy losing an arm or being straight up dead.
I don't like that there isn't a multilayer campaign and I would like more customisation options and factions to play.
8/10 - bretygud

Is there a database of all dow sync kills in gif or webm format?

Nope, those who exist are usually ripped from youtube.

WE SOAR ON WINGS OF FIRE

Total War
7/10

>tfw no kult of speed badlands racer game

just zog my shit up senpai

Exactly, Gotta watch your squad incase you pick up anyone with the taint.
Then you may have to cleanse inside your base too.
But also, Say your ship was torn up on impact, so survivors have been there as long as you have.
And maybe you lost some space marine chapter a while ago.
And maybe you find that one half crazed space wolf who has been stranded here hundreds of years. And just his pure stubbornness has stopped him from turning.
All those years just fighting in the hulk.

>tfw no Ork focused game
>no chance to just happily fuck shit up with da boyz without a second thought
>no campaign to just blindly conquer all the enemies and then have a happy ending full of WAAAGH

The Dawn of War franchise introduced such a concept but I would love to have some Orky third-person combat fun with modifiable vehicles for vehicle sections and stuff.

>The enemy lord is wounded

Cue DC kiddies.

MEMED

>last Warhammer game you played
Warsword Conquest. 6/10, really unpolished mod of very uneven quality.

Why are humans killing each other?

Is this one only looking at the mp? Because, while DC got bad mp, the campaign is way better made than the one in Soulstorm.

>Eternal Crusade
>6/10 (mostly because it is unfinished as fuck. The core mechanics are breddy good) and if the game had more polish, it would be a solid 8/10 for me.

The Empire has had several civil wars and they often have petty feuds between the provinces or small nobles. It is pretty much a fantasy Holy Roman Empire.

If only shit played like Spess Mahren.

Seriously comparing the jump packs alone from both games makes EC feel as smooth as a cats tounge

>tfw fantasy landsknechts.

>tfw play the same mod with Tau main
>tfw I can barely handle some races on Standard
Teach me, Shas'O.

And yeah that ork shit is fucking insane. Hey look 20 Stompas behind 10 Sguiggoths 10 minutes in. Wtf

What do chaos marines do in their free time? How about space marines?

Yeah, Space Marine jump packs were way better.
I do think that the movement overall is however better in EC, because you aren't stopped on your tracks by waist high walls, can actually take cover and shoot from behind it, and general, are the mobility is much smoother.

The jump packs on orks, chaos and marines are just janky as fuck.
Swooping Hawk Wings are great though.
I love the way you can glide, make dives and fucking bombard people with grenades while you are in the air.

>What do chaos marines do in their free time?
They have no free time.

>How about space marines?
Depends on a chapter but it's usually something boring.

Holy fuck you just made me realize how fun an ork game would be. Just imagine a sand box styled game where you go fuck shit up with your custom ork vehicles in large scale battle settings.

When they're not fighting wars, space marines schedule is something like 20 hours of various training regimens. Then 4 hours of free time (1 or more of which is spent in prayer).

that marine looks angry all right

>has H A T E etched into his fingers

>tfw no crpg where you play an inquisitor with his retinue and have to uproot a vast interplanetary conspiracy and tread carefully on the line that separates boldness from corruption

Age of Sigmar game when?

Attila

There's so many things wrong with this picture.

Fuck off

Who Tau here?

No.

Name some.

Like what?

>riding the desert plains of Armageddon in your kustom trukks
>you're bobbing and bouncing across the dunes while your gunner boyz rip into the Imperial convoys
>it's mad max but more Orky

Fuck someone write this idea down, I want it bad.

>has K I L L painted on his vambrace

Hopefully never ever.

Jesus fuck
Composition is important for a fucking reason

>leaks his autism to other threads
>some guy points out it's the same autist that samefags his own thread
>gets mad and does a hissy fit before leaving
>posters are half than the posts in this thread
never change manchild-kun

DC campaign was pure ass

Who the fuck are you talking about
>posters are half than the posts in this thread
Are you legitimately retarded?

>That background

Are they trying to make me laugh?

Are you lost?

How about that FUCKING SPACE MARINE?

>Space Hulk Ascension
>7/10

Mostly I'd like to either replay missions or have more flash missions available. My first campaign was a waste because I barely grinded, i messed up builds, and the genestealers swarms got relentless at the end.

The only reasons I would want an age of sigmar game would be to justify game play mechanics like constant respawning and unrealistic arena map designs, to smash sigmarines and if the licence for warhammer fantasy somehow wouldn't be possible instead.

the best way would be to have it as a multiplayer online arena with close combat elements like the recent for honor.

1 minute in between said repies
same topic
>still denies he samefags his own thread
really makes you think

If you're on Crazy Insane I can tell you their tactics by race usually.
All races usually rush you but the difficulty will act as a catalyst to decrease the effort in time before they prepare, as will the win condition affect their hostility.
But, generally, as Tau you wanna get your generators up fast and send your scout squads running while setting up a Fire Warrior firing line for defensive. Pathfinders should be upgraded to snipe oncoming early aggressors.

Invest in Broadsides and other suits and upgrade your shit fast, get your artillery out en masse and use dropships for surprise attacks with Broadsides and Crisis teams and then evac fast before they put you down.
Drop sniper drones at vulnerable points, put down a fuckton of turrets if possible near your base and build HQ's and generators in outposts.
If you can build 3 ion cannons, bring Riptides to the frontlines and assault bases with dropship attacks and air assault first.
You're weak, but you're fast.

>found shitty cam footage of deathwing gameplay
>Melee attacks arent even swings, your character just moves his arm forwards and nids explode
>Gunfights are just holding left click while nids charge tiny chokepoints

>Battleship Gothic
>DieForTheEmperor/10

So fun if you can get immersed

>TW: Warhammer
>8/10

It'll be a solid albeit very expensive 10/10 when all of the expansions/dlcs are out.

Such is the life of a Terminator.

It's not difficult to get these warhammer threads are started by the same guy, but what's wrong with each poster leaving 2 posts on average?

>Le dow 2 is le bad!

Funnily enough I never bothered with Orcas. I figure I'll be assaulted superfast and all that resource and time will be wasted. Would be good if sniper drones were invisible too.

Also is it just me or does the UA mod make weapons that are only good for the listed target? Like in the base game and other mods I tended to rely a lot of stealthsuits cause fusion blasters do a ton of damage to not just vehicles, but softer targets too. in UA I feel as if shit like meltaguns are only good for their intended targets (vehicles and buildings), so all fusion stealth teams suck chode against a swarm.

Retribution was legitimately good, you double witch.

>Total War: Warhammer

9/10 for DLC bullshit
10/10 with all races

Warhammer Fantasy > 40k anyway

>tfw Vermintide is practically dead

They really ought to have fixed that loot system and not split the community so often

Also what would be the "easiest" win condition/enemy race combo be on the highest difficulty? For practice. modifiers too.

If Warhammer Fantasy is so good, how come it's fucking DEAD?

No I noticed that too.
My stealth suits do jack shit to enemies with the fusion blasters but they're good fun to drop onto a base guerilla-style and just hack into it from afar.
Although they do tend to send their whole armada looking in that area.

Another general piece of advice on crazy insane is that you can make immense mine fields to troll other races, and put a few more basic soldier units/vehicles inside the fields and leave your artillery/turrets behind it.

>DoW2
>Good

(you)

>THREE
>FUCKING
>YEARS

For me I'd think that all races are difficult as fuck but if you can outpace them the Necrons are easy to kill early-game, impossible late game.

Death by HQ destruction is a great way to turn the tide if you're royally fucked. I suppose the Sisters are the easiest to get rid of in that way if you can just lure their melta troops away from your ship fleets you can just air assault them.

>GW
>Not retarded

Yeah, they killed Fantasy to push Age of Sigmar, who sucked ass and no one cares about.

youdubber.com/index.php?video=HyfId5ukbwI&video_start=0&audio=ETfiUYij5UE&audio_start=0

Subtlety is for the weak.

Because fantasy, as a game, was a corpse already.

GW is notorious for its good aim when shooting at their feet

but wut'z brutalty without cunny

Accurate

>bumps his own thread with an autistic chant
n-no ones noticing me
>reply in his own post with more autistic gabble
never change manchild-kun

AoS somehow feels like it was designed with MOBA adaptation in mind.

Right here:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408527572

?

It is sad. But they sold around ~550k on steam alone and that's not bad. More than enough to fund future projects.

Vermintide really had really great design overall, especially the sound/voices.

To bad you can't extract any of teh gamefiles.

>oldschool warhammer quest
>age of sigmar

>tfw can't wait for Deathwing to shout "FOR THE EMPEROR" and actually mean it.

I will be a 1,000% sperg, but it'll be hype as fuck.

>not better

Psst. There's a Fallen somewhere in there.

Nigga whatchu mean.

WHAT?! NO!
I mean, YES!
I mean
YOU KNOW TOO MUCH!!

definitely not better

you can keep your age of smegmar m8

i've already resigned to playing modded Soulstorm for the rest of my life

BEHOLD THE GREAT CARNIFEX

I'll shit if there's a Carnifex onboard.

where is the sequel to this?

fucking obelix

this sucked because it wasnt about the blood angels, think they will remake this with blood angels instead?

Sequel never, despite it having an amazing multiplayer experience that is overshadowed by everyone.

>tfw playing a Raptor and it actually felt like you were playing a Raptor

Being a faggot was amazing, especially with a plasma pistol and the DLC sword.

>Warhammer Fantasy being the top 4th or 5th table-top miniature game
>GW isn't satisfied with this notion
>Scraps Fantasy and replaces it with Age of Sigmar
>It's nowhere close to being what Fantasy was

EVERYONE START SHOOTING AT IT

And yet the SS one managed to be a lot worse.

Warhammer, both Fantasy and 40k, has in the last 6 or 8 years gone towards a more Blizzardish style of art direction. Compare some 6th edition miniatures with 8th or Sigmar ones

>Cyberpunky
Learn the meaning of word before you use it, retard.

THREADLY REMINDER THAT THIS POST ID ATOMIC DOUBLE MEGA HERESY WITH A SHIT TASTE CHERRY ON TOP

POSTING THE TRUE WILL OF THE EMPEROR.

this cracka know what's up.

I refuse to buy the new DOW if it doesnt have the SOB or other cool races like necrons.

Nobody cares

fucking heretic ill burn the damnation out of you

What about the Imperial Guard?

Plastic or resin Sisters of Battle when bros? I'm hoping these rumoured Sisters of Silence can sub in on the tabletop as SoB.

>tfw the only way to escape DEATH FROM THE SKIES was to play exterminatus

Raptors were rubbish beyond the first 5-10 waves in exterminatus, they just had no way of avoiding damage because they needed to be in melee range and ork shooting was so ridiculously good. On the flipside a combat rolling tac marine had a shot of surviving solo waves between 15-20.

yea do love the imperial guard hope they make the cut.

>Eternal Crusade
>everything that's not gameplay/UI 10/10
>gameplay 2/10 to 7/10 depending

If EC crashes and burns, I want them to distribute the assets so I can make GorkaMorka: the Video Game.

>everything that's not gameplay/UI 10/10
the animations aren't even that good and the models are barebones

>tfw skaven main
>tfw love total war games
>tfw want to play total war warhammer but it has no skaven
>tfw want to play call of warhammer but still not finished and the easy english download has no seeders
>tfw only easily accessible total war-style game with skaven is mark of chaos

GENESTEALER CULT DEX CONFIRMED!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=s8klnCoAEi0

>tomb kings incoming before skaven

better game coming through.

That head tilt is super cute

What's up with the crotch mouth?

>In SH: Deathwing, individual terminator parts can be damanged. Your storm bolter arm being damaged meaning you can not use that bolter and etc

But what if you like races other than humans being in the spotlight for ever and ever for eternity?

You almost sound like a xeno lover.

you must suffer the curse of shit games

Oh, I've been waiting....

>>It's nowhere close to being what Fantasy was

The report says that AoS is dealing better than WhFB did in serveral years

This is bait

Ill be your battle brother

Andereksays

It sunk because GW stopped caring about it.

it's like refusing to do maintenance on a machine and then claiming it was a piece of shit all along when it fails.

you forgot to post your epic Soulstorm vs Dark Crusade steam population pic.

Three years.

your mom took three lightyears of dicks in the ass lmao

Fuck you i love dow2, best mp rts

>sandlot will never make an EDF game win the 40k theme.

The game is already 40k. You have the planetary defence force vs hordes of giant killer bugs as well as countless huge robots. It would be fucking awesome.

As much shit Dawn of War 2 got, it wasn't that bad. Graphically, it was great. All they had to do was make Dawn of War 1, using 2's engine, and everything would have been right with the world.

Gameplay wise, I can see why people were upset, but it was fucking great for story telling and having fun with customization. Finally getting a squad to a high enough rank they could be Terminator's with missles was fucking hands down awesome.

BTW, guys, speaking of Terminators, Deathwing only has 4 weapons + the Preorder one.

I said in a thread awhile ago, there will be loot, doesn't look like it. Just missions and RPG spec trees.

Kinda like Killing Floor 2, but more advanced, without the hats.

Anyone play pic related? I think 40K like this would be fun.

the report is misleading:

the report notes that age of sigmar has been "selling at a higher rate", not that it's profiting more.
the difference lies in age of sigmar having had in its first year double the amount of releases (at times triple) than warhammer has had in its precedent years, not even considering other influencing factors like support in the form of numerous discounted bundles, specialist games, total war attracting people, numerous free rules, community contact, a global campaign, announcements of incoming game balancing additions and people completing their collections in fear of having a few chances left.

on the other hand we have books that do not see limited edition versions nor translations in other languages anymore and the overall finances in the year where there's been more aos than 40k staying afloat only thanks to huge incomes from video game licenses (total war having been released in the same period).

AoS will one day be profitable, but it's not today and will be a success of something bad getting a good support over something good having had bad support.

Oh yeah, knew I forgot something...

Well, the voice acting is great, that's for sure. And the models are fine?

FOURTEEN, CORRECTION

Typo

>Dow 1 + Winter Assault + Dark Crusade + Soulstorm + Mods are available
>Still alive, available on steam or retail, work like a charm on any pc
>PLS MAKE DOW 2 IDENTIC TO DOW 1!!

*identical

It is better to die for the EDF than live for yourself

>All they had to do was make Dawn of War 1, using 2's engine, and everything would have been right with the world.

No thanks. The appeal of Dawn of War 2's multiplayer gameplay to me lies in the depth of the core gameplay mechanics (shotblockers, suppression, retreating, cover, grenades/retreat grenades, unit levels, global abilities), how hero synergy can variate widely with a given army even though it's the same faction (a Plague Champion's playstyle is very different to that of a Chaos Sorcerer, for example) and with the vastly improved VA work which really adds authenticity to the universe to make it come alive.

You're thrust into the action straight away, which to me is what a 40k game should be. Dawn of War 1 had an identity of its own, but while I enjoy RTS games with basebuilding (Cossacks 3 is out in 2 days and I'm hype), Dawn of War 1's basebuilding was barebones and added little to no strategic depth to the game as a whole. It was treated as a means to an end and it's painfully obvious Relic are treating it as nothing more than a box to tick on a list of things they have to include in Dawn of War 3 to appeal to specific fans of the franchise, in this case being DoW1 fanboys who've never even played DoW2 but hate it because it doesn't have basebuilding.

Yeah. I don't see what's wrong with that.
I'm not saying ruin DoW2 or DoW1. Don't touch them.

DoW3 could have just been 1, with a greater engine and it would have been eaten up. It's what people are expecting. Now, it has MOBA abilities and shit lore like jumping 3 stories in terminator armor. Or when the girl-waifu-feminist-robot overheats, somehow that makes her missles leave bigger fires.

What is this? This isn't a fucking Blizzard game. Just give us one our favorite strategy games, but looks and runs better.

Done. There's your $$$

BUT NO.

>EDF EDF EDF

Saw that EDF5 was announced?

Mother fuckers only put it on Playstation.

Nah, this new EDF must have gotten them loads from PC. 4.1 was fun as fuck.

Yeah I have it for PS4, it's awesome. I think the game would've been way more successful on PC if they released mod tools, it's a pretty simple game. I'm certain a 40k skin would be one of the first things to happen if they did. 5 is a day one buy for me.

>MOBA abilities

youtube.com/watch?v=ug_gqH1tzPk

Anyone tried this mod yet?
youtube.com/watch?v=eB5lnj4B-64

Even better
>build another HQ
>build more generators
>create two drone harbingers
>spam drones
Those little robots are tanky as hell

How is hat UA SS mod?
I've never played it

UA is shit, its literally a shitty mod full of copy pasted unit assets that was developed by a retard who has no idea how to play RTS games, all depth and strategy is removed from the game for being "cheap" and all you do is churn out units none stop till you reach T4 and get shitty insta win super weapons.

If you actually like RTS games avoid it at all costs

If you are a mouth breathing retard with the IQ of a carrot it might be just your thing.

*CLANK*

All things considered, that's probably a good thing.

>By the authority granted to me by the golden throne, I declare this to be nothin' personnel....kid