Leave video games to us

Leave video games to us.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WNTdus18zyM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Except for that one you shipped half-finished

you feel it, don't you

is that guy on the right who was drugged up years ago?

What?

Did they talk about anything new/worthwhile?

Blaming Kojima for that is like blaming the middle management for the Enron scam.

We all know whose fault MGSV was.

Death Stranding is PS4 exclusive and best experienced in VR on the PS4 Pro.

Release is aimed for Q3 2019

no sticks or ropes?
didn't talk about his company logo for another half hour?

as long as the female protagonist isn't joosten, I'm fine with him

>m-muh konami

nice meme faggot

So no PC port then?

kojima is so fit now
is there any developer who could defeat kojima in unarmed combat

So far the only excitement I have for this game is that we'll finally see some more sick Shinkawa designs. MGSV was kinda dry in that department.

Is this real?

yeah I've been wondering about that

obviously he's with sony, but is he getting funding from sony?
recently he said that kojipro is an "indie company" which would make a PC port possible

he can still be blamed for not hurrying the fuck up

that development cycle got way out of hand

Sony's VASG division and Mark Cerny were both credited in Death Stranding's E3 trailer, so they're more than just funding the game, they're co-developing.

Yes, there will be sticks and ropes in the game. You'll be able to trade sticks and ropes with other players, buy skins and give them names.

Kojima doesn't like the new company logo anymore. He wants to change it sometime next year to symbolize the "evolution" as ´he puts it. Shinkawa expects the logo to change at least 4 more times over the next few years.

>Hideo: "It is not a PC game. Or is it...?" (He glances over to Shinkawa-san)
>Shinkawa: "No, we don't have any plans for that (refering to PC platform) yet."

Kind of disappointed. Not about it being an exclusive but that we're still stuck with the underpowered ps4/pro in 2019.

>Shinkawa expects the logo to change at least 4 more times over the next few years.
honestly, I'd never be able to decide on a logo for my own company

>working crunch time hours on a AAA title
>hey hurry the fuck up

you clearly have no idea how game development works. so stop talking like you do, dipshit.

>Kojima
>video games
That stopped being true more than 10 years ago.

Where's the link to the video?

>Blaming Kojima for that is like blaming the middle management for the Enron scam.
The blame falls squarely on his lap, he took too long, he wanted his muh celebz, he wanted to handle it like a movie. He wanted a big boy budget for his interactive movie and delivered half assed ideas and a broken game. The already financially troubled konami had to shut his butt down or die financing his broken dreams.

Yeah, his

Snake Eater too less time and it's 100x the game V is

youtube.com/watch?v=WNTdus18zyM

No subs, hope you speak nippon

are you saying they were on crunch for 5 years, excluding those that were in pre-production?

fuck off EA wageslave

especially fuck off if you're an indie dev jerking off for 90% of the project time from leech funding and doing a bit of 'hard work' at the very end, if you can finish the game at all

It's a Sony game, it was expected to be an exclusive. This is old news.

>Release date in 4 years
Reee

>Q3 2019
The Phantom hype begins again

I don't want to have my heart broken again

> The already financially troubled konami had to shut his butt down or die financing his broken dreams.
If Konami can't afford 80 million they would have gone under by now.

Then again, we can't expect a Cred Forumsedditor to know a thing about videogames or videogame development.

If you get your heart broken by fucking videogames you should consider offing yourself right now.

>If Konami can't afford 80 million they would have gone under by now.
The game was 80 million because they stopped development in time. If it was up to Kojima, they would have spent another year on it.

>The game was 80 million because they stopped development in time. If it was up to Kojima, they would have spent another year on it.

And it would have been worth it, and the game would have been finished.

MGSV made 180 million in 24 hours, so it's not like they were going to be in any trouble.

Then again, Konami showed their true intentions with MG Survive, so I can only hope Konami silently simply leaves the videogame industry for good.

>financially troubled Konami
Is the source of these troubles your own asshole?
I bet it is.

Just gonna interject on this little song and dance that seems to happen every other day. 80mn isn't that much for a AAA game on five platforms. You also seem to forget that there were two games in the span of 5 years, not just one.

Of course only you two will see this and it'll be forgotten like always

>80 million
Did you know Watch Dogs costed 70 million?
Did you know Bioshock Infinite costed 150 million?
Did you know GTA V costed 270 million?
Did you know that Modern Warfare 2 costed 250 million?
Did you know that Too Human costed 100 million?
I bet you didn't know this one since absolutely no one knows that game exists.
Did you know that Max Payne 3 costed 105 million?
Did you know that Final Fantasy VII costed 100 million?

And you really think 80 million is high for a Triple A game?
And that 80 million would put a Triple A game company in trouble?
When videogames are only a very small part of Konami's business?

What MG Survive and it's half-assed state showed me is the work they put in MGSV.

Seriously, the difference between the absolutely polished animations of MGSV, and the 3 new ones from MG Survive is just hilarious.

But they have just reused 90% of V

>bow animation
>literally just a half assed movement of the arm with a limp draw of the bowstring
>rest of the body is frigid, no follow through or secondary motion
>arrow goes a pathetic distance

It's hilariously bad

That's why I mentioned the new animations, they are the only new bits, and they suck.

Because the bow is just a reskin of the grenade launcher.
The arrow trayectory is the same.

GZ was obviously released to recoup development cost and time that went way over budget in Konami's point of view - it was pretty much the same thing as MGS2's Tanker mission which functioned as a prologue. It was clearly part of the main game, but seperated because they could, and sold at an outrageous price

that anyone considers GZ a seperate entity from V is beyond me

I'm amazed they actually showed how that it was a repetative 3 hit combo. Made me laugh when they tried to "mix it up" on the last swings to a 2 hit combo

No, that's what you call a skeleton crew and a timeframe. MG Survive is gonna be shit because it has no funding and it's basically a test product to see if the fanbase is still interested in metal gear after kojima; but it's being made by out of touch retards.

How many of those were as broken and crippled as phantom pain? None of them? Oh, okay.

It's like I'm really playing Dark Souls, except shit!

The point is that if a linera game like Bioshock Infinite running on a licensed engine costed 150 million, it's something to admire that Kojipro managed to make such a great engine, such polished gameplay, and a game with much less bugs than the average game, on only 80 million.

Oh don't start with your open world shit, that argument falls apart when your "open world" is completely barren and empty.

That must be when the money started getting short, considering he only had 80 million to do it.

Not to mention that that barren, empty world with barely 10 NPCs on screen already made the PS360 run the game at some cinematic 15-20 FPS even though the draw distance was so low that Snake's feet could hit vegetation that was popping in, and it was running at the PS Vita's native resolution.

>15-20 FPS
That was a stylistic choice.

Does that 89mil include the engine though? I think youll find that is just the game

80 sorry

>I think youll find that is just the game
Source?

I was questioning. But my assumptions is that would only be the game budget

It's obvious that whatever they spent on the game was a huge investment for Konami. We're talking about a game that was worked on in house for all platforms at the same time. They were putting all their eggs in a basket there. Konami is not Take Two or Activision and they operate on a much different budget level. They clearly panicked when they realized Kojima was just fucking around, scrapping huge chunks of the project and redoing them to fit his "vision" or whatever was in theaters at the time.
He's doing it again with this 3-5 year project with TV actors and not much else.

I agree. This could mean the death of Sony if they're not careful

>This could mean the death of Sony if they're not careful
Kek sure one game will sink a multimedia juggernaut

Okay. And?

Didn't Infinite get several rewrites and start overs?
I thought it was the poster child for developmental hell.

It's so fun seeing how little idea Cred Forumsedditors have of videogame development.

Kojima is working for Sony, with people that respect him, and Konami is now hated by everyone.
Everything that could have gone right, went right.

DNF takes that title. The story of Infinite was redone and rewritten all over, but the core game still sucks.

>His feelings are safe from hurting, that kind of magic is how videogame development happens, le.
You're a megafaggot, holy shit. Let's see how much Sony is willing to coddle him after Death Stranding bombs.

>Let's see how much Sony is willing to coddle him after Death Stranding bombs.
Why would it bomb?
Kojima knows very well how to sell games and his going to have all of Sony's marketing support.

>Why would it bomb?
It's always a possibility. If Kojima knew very well how to sell games ZoE and Boktai would be smash hits.

It's been a while, and you can see that he has mastered the art of creating hype about his games with trailers and such.