WHEN IM GONE

WHEN IM GONE
WHEN IM GONE
YOURE GONNA MISS ME WHEN IM GONE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GtR-zS1NJXw?t=10m31s
videogamer.com/xbox360/metal_gear_solid_rising/news/kojima_wants_metal_gear_rising_2_to_star_cyborg_ninja_gray_fox.html
youtube.com/watch?v=aVpUzjB3w3I
thatdamnpixel.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/hideo-kojima-and-yoji-shinkawa-attending-uk-launch-of-metal-gear-rising/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkLPKd-Vs8g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Zombies? Really? That's where he draws the line? Giant Robots, psychics, ghosts, a vampire... but zombies are where his vision about "political fiction and espionage" is compromised?

Also, it's not like MGS V didn't have enemies that behaved basically like zombies.

Not that I'm saying Survive won't be shit, mind you...

Yes but those things were in addition to
They are making a shitty Last of Us

is he forgetting that MGS4 had zombies in it?

youtu.be/GtR-zS1NJXw?t=10m31s

>political fiction and espionage
>Metal Gear

I'm sorry, have we been playing the same games, Mr. Kojima?

I think it looks fun. Seriously, the only thing that looks bad is the melee and the clunky movement. Everything else looks fun. It's too bad that video game still hasn't evolved past petty squabbles so we can judge things without being biased.

Vamp wasn't a zombie?

I don't know, Kojima, where does all the shit you put in ironically fit?

no user he was a gay

>where do zombies fit in with that
Gee, I dunno.

I don't get this at all... So where does Metal Gear Acid fit in? And remember that time he tweeted he wanted to make a zombie game? I love Kojima but what there is nothing wrong with Metal Gear Survive. It's just really bad timing to make it with the current status of Konami and Kojima.

Ac!d was Shinta Nojiri just doing his own thing with Kojima chiming in with "Yeah sure" occasionally.

>Hack fraud gets mad that MGS: Survive is retarded but not his form of retardation.

hmm really makes you think. I dont see the problem in making an alternate timeline game with Zombies. Its not as if the main games are serious, realistic stories

zombies is where he draws the line

wormhole teleportation portals in 80's era are okay though

If instead of zombies they went with an actually interesting setting like just regular TPP gameplay except online coop, that right there would've been Kojima BTFO for all eternity.

He wanted to make MGR about killing zombies.

>actually interesting setting
land of the lost filled with crystal zombies/monsters and 80s futuristic schizotech is a cool setting to me, fammorammo

What a fucking liar
In MGSV there is a fucking virus, some physical infections, possessed dudes'n shit

Eh, I'm still not sold. But I do know for a fact I would love to just have regular operations with friends in literally any other setting, just as long as the gameplay is the same.

They fucking had zombies in MGSV plus the superpowered Skulls.

No idea why they didn't go with that and instead did some parallel dimension.

There's a difference between a game with zombies and a zombie game.

Something like pic related with mgsv gameplay and coop

Go back to second grade and learn how to read you dumb fucks.

you couldn't have been more fedora if you tried

where was this from? TGS? article link pls....?

Being literate doesn't make you a hat.

The Metal Gear games were also not shit before 4. Thanks fagtron

DUDE

NANOMACHINES

FUCKING LMAO

Except zombies have been a subject of societal allegory all the way since they started with George A. Romero

Tokyo Game Show. It's a video on youtube or wherever you like to get videos. It's entirely in Japanese though.
The event was for Death Stranding. There was some Q&A and someone asked about Survive. That was his answer before going back to the Q&A and Death Stranding presentation.

>MGS4 was a bad game

It's a league below the original trilogy, but certainly better than PW and MGSV

and Kojima probably knows it tbqhwyfammos, he's a huge hollywood film dork

I wish. Those were some good works, especially the first Romero with racism, but I can't remember the last one to actually do that with zombies.

I'm sure there have been some. Walking Dead is interesting for the fact it doesn't do that at all but is still pretty good since it's more like a realistic (for TV) depiction of how human beings would behave in that sort of setting

always thought it interesting that the original Dawn of the Dead from back in the '80s was about consumerism

A well regarded fact isn't a meme. The game had god tier level design for the first two acts but then just threw damn near every new mechanic it introduced out the window afterwards. Game would've been one of the greatest games ever made if it stuck with the concept of sneaking in the middle of an armed conflict for more than two hours.

>people hate PW
I still don't understand this.

Mister Kojima, it isn't true zombies. It is all NANOMACHINES.
Or better, it is all VR training.

not him but I honestly hate the fulton mechanic

this, this exactly.
PO is in there with PW right?
it's not the worst game ever, but it isn't good. At least it's a more finished game than Portable Ops.

Fine. Konami can just say the zombies are due to nanomachines or parasites, the ultimate plot device used by Kojima to excuse all the other dumb shit he put in MGS.

PO is better than PW, maybe even 4

I SOLD MY SOUL TO OPEN ROAAAD!

>A vampire
I get that this is bait but cmon user

Fuck you OP now I have that shitty song stuck in my head again.

>always thought it interesting that the original Dawn of the Dead from back in the '80s was about consumerism

70s actually and yeah. One major theme in the movie was that the main characters had just about everything they could ever want in that mall but were not happy anyway because there's more to life than shit you can buy at the store. The zombies represented the mindless mentality a lot of people have when they go on shopping sprees hence the mall setting to begin with.

So what is Death Stranding about anyway?

Some bullshit that only makes sense in his head, as usual.

>70% cutscenes, 30% gameplay
>not a bad game

>MG is just laying there
>Add Zombies

I love it

Clones, nanomachines, god allegories, shitty open world sandbox gameplay.
Typical shit from Kojima.

While I agree with your gripes don't try and say that opinions can ever be considered fact.

MGS4 was fun.

Before mgs4 came out and NANOMACHINED everything, there was nothing confirming Vamp wasn't a Vampire. Dude drank blood, healed from everything, got burned by the sun, and walked on water.

>cutscenes are bad

Fuck off. Next thing you'd say is that the Uncharted games and The Last of Us are bad because they have "too many cutscenes"

Some people also have the opinion the earth is round but that doesn't make it true.

And you are ok with actual ghosts?

Who even cares? It's just going to be another game in the long list of "FROM THE MAKER OF______" that's forgotten a month after launch.

Basically this gens TLoU

>Last of Us
sorry dude, your bait's just too obvious

Hi Neogaf.

I really don't like this guy. I don't understand what people see in him.

It almost feels like its a meme to like him at this point.

>MGS it's about political fiction and espionage

>the man who brought you Nanomachines
>the man who brought you Microwas
>the man who brought you Wolbachia
>the man who brought you Vagina Bombs
>the man who brought you Skin Breath
>the man who brought you Bipod Cows
>the man who brought you Advanced Technology in 1984
>the man who brought you Not Zombies Do Not Steal
>the man who brought you Not Monster Hunter Ripoff

Nice hax kojimbo

Keep telling shit to yourself, you yellow scum.

>land of the lost
You mean Afghanistan + clutter

I'll give (you) a reply for the effort.

That wasn't the point of my post.

Did he, now? I didn't play 2 cause that shit has aged like milk and i never owned a PS2.
So how come everyone didn't shit themselves when Vamp didn't sizzle in the sun in MGS4? Typically Cred Forums goes fucking nuts over retcons like this.

>always thought it interesting that the original Dawn of the Dead from back in the '80s was about consumerism
Agree. Old zombie movies had some good shit. The Night of the Living Dead did a better job about dealing with racism towards blacks then almost everything trying to say something about the past several years.

Kojima likes the smell of his own shit too much.

4 had Nanomachine not zombies
V had Parasite definitely not zombies.
And his idea for MGR2 was, you guessed it: Nanomachine zombies.

This is classic self-fellating, "Oh me? I would NEVER put zombies in MY Metal Gear!" But it's clear he says this simply because of the huge backlash.

Vagina bombs doesn't deserve to be on that last tbqh
>the man who brought you Not Monster Hunter Ripoff
???

Are poeple realizing that kojima is a hack and metal gear games are overated crap?

Has anyone itt played Snake Eater 3D? I watched a video review since I got skeptical of it being as bad as people said, and noticed it seemed to have the threat detection ring in it and a bunch of MGS4 gameplay perks (if you have a circle pad pro). This...kinda makes it look like the best version of the game, even if it does have bad framerate drops

but I was wondering, is the framerate still bad on a 2DS? there's no 3D effect. theoretically there are less system resources being expended to slow down the game since the 3D effect is hardware contingent (it renders the same image twice over to create the effect)

>implying NANOMACHINES in 4 are in any way similar to zombies
Next level retardation
>his idea for MGR2 was, you guessed it: Nanomachine zombies.
Ah so youre just trolling.

>over retcons like this.
MGS4 retconned pretty much everything from earlier games. They even retold mgs2 ending very differently.

>what is Peace Walker

>the best version of the game
>the game with bad frame rate drops
>the game that makes it easier in many ways than the original
How can you contradict yourself that hard in a single post

Nanomachines were always the only logical conclusion. MGS is postmodern sci fi, it still uses semi-believable explanations for everything, if you're going to hold a candle to how it explains shit

MGS2 left it up to good faith for the player to think for themselves about the subject matters but most people really are just fucking dumb so MGS4 had to happen

>a collab between series is now 100% to be taken seriously and is a ripoff
Your list already had valid points, don't try to pad it out

So what you're saying is that you're a lying twat?

>Ah so youre just trolling.

Read it and weep you faggot.

videogamer.com/xbox360/metal_gear_solid_rising/news/kojima_wants_metal_gear_rising_2_to_star_cyborg_ninja_gray_fox.html

Well what about the cobra unit. They had niggas that could turn invisible, talk to trees, control bees, and a literal ghost commando. And there was no nanomachines back then.

The wormholes are a fun weapon in MGSV, it's never mentioned or even hinted at.
Like the human slingshot of Peace Walker.

Zombies are now the focus of Metal Gear.

t. shitposting

just to save face, it's not a contradiction if it's just you disagreeing with something. are you forgetting that Subsistence is what everyone equated "Snake Eater" with for being actually better in every way, JUST for adding a more dynamic camera? Snake Eater 3D has the threat detection ring and moving in first-person. this would only make the game better no matter how you look at it.

>makes it easier

yeah you're so obsessed with being hardcore it made you actually retarded and you still failed at it. suck my actually large dick

Not him, but I think he means PW had small, contained missions and was focused around gathering resources and grinding missions more than a single MGS campaign from beginning to end like every one up to that point save PO.

>land of the lost
You mean Afghanistan with bits of DD Motherbase despite the fact that it's supposed to be MSF's?

>with crystal zombies/monsters
You mean reskinned Skull puppets?

>80s futuristic schizotech
You mean a bow, a machete, a spear and reskinned weapons from MGSV?

And Konami is not going to do anything about that, it's going to be a dumb game with a Cowadooty story, if it has any.

Pretty valid point my man, didn't think of it like that. If that is the case then I withdraw.

Ah I misread it as MGS2

>Interview
>Wasn't even an interview, just has Kojima saying dumb shit
Uh-huh...pretty dubious but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he actually wanted this. Wasn't he just playing an oversight role in MGR?

call of duty isn't that bad

the stories are actually one of the best parts of them and you fags just hate it because it's popular like the counter-culture little twats that a lot of you are

>Are poeple realizing that kojima is a hack and metal gear games are overated crap?
No, we only have permavirgin Konami shills desperately trying to defend the worthless scam that MG Survive is.
Of course, it's going to bomb.

vocal parasite

I'm not sure if the hate boner certain people have for Kojima is blinding them or if they have a serious lack of reading comprehension.

He's talking about the fact that Survive is 100% focused on zombies, not that it has zombies.

MGR is only inspired by Kojima and has nothing to actually do with him

Just like this new game

Did you miss the part where Survive is an alternate reality?

>Cawadoody
>Story
Okay, sure, shill me on this one, I'm genuinely interested by your statement. I only played Black Ops I-II and its plot was okay. Got held back by boring gameplay, but it's what carried me.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Was the fire Volgin a parasite too? MGS5 was so shitty I guess I blocked it from my memory. I can't actually decide what was worse, parasites or nanomachines.

It's sci fi bro. They wear something on their bodies or have some shit in their bloodstream. The Sorrow breaks convention by being the exception and it makes for one of the best parts of the game on both a story and gameplay level

>people who say the ladder was the best part

didn't read, kindly fuck yourself into a coffin. no one wants you

Fuck off to Reddit dudebro.

Aw, come on.

Free third person camera is a QOL change. Threat ring is making the game easier. Glad to see they let you move in first perso that's another good QOL change.

Enjoy being actually retarded while beating off your tiny dick to Rosalina, nintenyearold. you're not the only one here that resorts to personal attacks, faggotron. How about actually backing up your shitty opinions instead of just rambling about "m-m-muh Subsistence"

>imply Cred Forums didn't steal reddit memes and culture

Idiot

The point is that he personally wanted MGR2 to have Gray Fox to be fighting Nanomachine zombies.

Showing that he actually has no problem with zombies in Metal Gear, as MGSV didn't already prove this.

where is the fucking gameplay

>where does Metal Gear Acid fit in?
It doesn't. At all. Literally.

3 isn't sci-fi, it's spiritual and mysterious. On purpose as well, to contrast the technology and sci-fi elements of Solid Snake games

Huh

YOU'LL BE SORRY WHEN I'M GONE

Reminder that zombies are the plebiest form of horror that appeal only to the white-trashiest of normies.

>he personally wanted MGR2 to have Gray Fox to be fighting Nanomachine zombies.
No he didn't. That site says that he did, but he didn't. I found out just now from an interview with your father that you're a "Cock-gobbling faggot that can't even get a hooker to suck his dick", how do you respond?

Hack and now a liar

Go to Hollywood and never come back.

Isn' that the point he's making though? He has no problems with zombies in Metal Gear, he does however have a problem with them being the sole existence for a Metal Gear game.

"The Metal Gear games are about political fiction and espionage, where do zombies fit in that?" obviously means "Zombies have no form of political motivations, how the fuck do you make an espionage focused MG story about them?"

>psychics, ghosts, a vampire... but zombies are where his vision about "political fiction and espionage" is compromised?
Except the games didn't revolve around those. But I'll give you the robots.

>Was the fire Volgin a parasite too?
No it was a corpse that came back to life solely through hatred. a 100% supernatural phenomenon.

It was a meh game, but would have been a cool movie series.

>Source is one of the biggest gaming sites in Britain.
>Nuh-uh you're a faggot.

Keep up that delusion faggot, and keep somehow trying to spin MGSV not having zombies, or Kojima being a giant Walking Dead fan.

Kojima is completely OK with zombies in Metal Gear, and he's backpedalling because he saw how much people hate Survive, deal with it.

relevant

youtube.com/watch?v=aVpUzjB3w3I

>one of the biggest gaming sites in Britain.
Says you, first time I've seen this site before.
If it's so fucking huge, are they really so u professional as to call a single statement an interview and not even say where it took place?

all of those examples are intended exaggerations of western war culture. konami is doing zombies because 'the kids' will love it

I wanted to timestamp it to 5:12 dammit oh well

It's all about context user

I've always assumed that some of the most hard line Kojima haters were very literal minded people, basically the complete antithesis of Kojimas method of storytelling. Seems this thread is proving me right.

Hey, that's pretty good
Are all of Mega64s videos like this? As in "there's only one good minute and that's near the end of the video"?

>If it's so fucking huge, are they really so u professional as to call a single statement an interview and not even say where it took place?
>Source: Interview via a translator. Conducted at a press event organised by Konami.

Idiot.

idk what i was thinking when i made this thread
zombies were in fucking addition to you retards, his problem with it is that its now a game about zombies only
you are fucking retarded

>western war culture
Oh fuck right off. I bet you're on of those brainless retards that thinks Kojima's writing bears actual political insight.
Kojima has always written stupid cheesy shit that lifts chunks of source material better than anything he's ever written and it never had anything to do with politics beyond "just b urself" at the height of the series' originality in MGS2. And even that he ruined in MGS4 onward.

>Konami
>Press conference in February
>Google shows literally zero results
So the only newsworthy thing from that conference was an off hand statement from Kojima? Nice
>>>>>INTERVIEW
please stop, you're making me hurt

>Kojima is completely OK with zombies in Metal Gear
He is, what he's not okay is with making a MGS entirely about zombies because it's a dumb as fuck idea.

Why are we still pretending that MGS was ever a serious game franchise that never had any shit games and spinoffs before. This is obviously Konami reusing assets for a quick buck and slapping the MGS label that way retards don't complain that they're reusing assets from MGS because they're being transparent about it.

No one if forcing you to buy it btw.

>where do vampires fit with that?

>No one if forcing you to buy it btw.
You know you fucked up your game when the defenders of it are using this sentence.

The thread is more about misinterpreting Kojimas words than it is about Survive existence. I'm curious to play it purely because of the Fox engine. MGSV had shit story but top tier gameplay, so having an MG focused solely on the latter was actually a smart move.

>No one if forcing you to buy it btw.
I'm just gonna come out and say that I would love to see Metal Gear without Kojima. I wanna see what happens when the bird leaves the nest and has to get food on its own.

This isn't that. This is them saying "so you REAALLLLLY want a new Metal Gear? Well you gotta buy our shitty Zombie spin-off first!"

This will bomb and the franchise will die with a whimper. Screencap this.

W E W
E
W

>Screencap this.
No need to, we already know that it is what will happen.

>everyone against Lord Kojima is a konami shill reeeeee

See

>everyone against the confirmed GOTY 2017: MG Survive is a kojimadrone reeeee

not always

Like I said, the MGS label is just a business tactic because established franchise names sell objectively better than a new franchise. They also get to reuse assets without anyone bothering them about it because they're openly treating it like a standalone snake tales.

>defenders
just because I can see it as the quick cash grab that it is doesn't mean I'm defending it.

It was during an event in the UK for the launch of Metal Gear Rising, which came out during Febuary 2013. Nice that you can't source check.

Have some photos and everything:
thatdamnpixel.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/hideo-kojima-and-yoji-shinkawa-attending-uk-launch-of-metal-gear-rising/

Well tickle my diddle and play me like a fiddle, you got me.
But still,
>Interview
>Conference
>It's a fucking Q&A with fans at GAME
They tried reaaaaalllly hard to make a news story out of it. It's funny because literally no one picked it up.

Wrong, you just don't like fun

Read it again, It's never referred to as an conference, only as "Konami Press event" which it pretty much is.

I don't know if there was a bigger "interview" though.

>The Metal Gear games are about political fiction and espionage

kojimas cock isnt that great

Had no clue having basic reading comprehension is the same as sucking off a dev now. Oh wait it isn't you're just a fucking idiot trying to save face by waiting hours to reply in a piss poor attempt to get the last word in. Well guess what buddy that is your last word cause YOU'RE GOING TO DIE MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

They are, they are often dumb, but they are.

I upvoted this post on the Gematsu forums

Fuck man I'm just all sorts of off today.

>reading comprehension
see this is why everyone knows youre just an illiterate hat.
lol stupid fedora

wut.
Phantom Pain had zombies. They were pretentious zombies, but zombies none the less

>openly admitting and providing proof that you browse reddit

You have to go back.

But they were not the focus of the game.

>>>>>>>>>>>[greentext]

>"Where do zombies fit in with that?"
stop being a kojicuck for once in your sad life

They don't, that's why zombies in MGS have always been side stuff, like being grunts in boss fights.

You missed the first part of that quote. He's talking about the story of MGS, not that zombies exist.

I hope after Death Stranding's shit story and writing people will finally realize that Kojima is a hack. When Tomokazu Fukushima left his team every game Kojima worked on afterwards had TERRIBLE writing.

You do realize that was a hidden easter egg in MGS3 and had absolutely nothing to do with the game's story, right?

uh, I believe the term is meme arrows.

So fucking true.

>like being grunts in boss fights
those bosses were stronger "zombies".
theres probably no point in arguing with kojicucks. his word is the word of god in their deluded minds.

truth

Those bosses were supersoldiers.

>>>>>>>/reddit/

At least it's not Phantom Pain.

It's funny because the argument that angry Konami shills use is that MG Survive will be good because it's has MGSV's gameplay.

Shills are basically saying that MG Survive relies on Kojima's creation to be good.

The thing is, Metal Gear is Kojima's baby, it's HIS creation and even though he hasn't always created masterpieces with the franchise, it is the definite crowning jewel of his life's work (to this point in time), so to have someone else taking his creation and his vision into a very different direction just doesn't feels right. If Konami had any respect for Kojima's work they would let Metal Gear rest in piece and move on, but we know better than that.

No, it's Phantom Pain but instead of being a military stealth game is a terrible zombie game.

So, it's a terrible idea, a terrible concept, something that no one asked, and using the terrible game that MGSV was as a base.

And people are really surprised everyone's laughing at this piece of shit?

There's not a single good thing about this.

>they would let Metal Gear rest in piece and move on
They will after MG Survive flops, don't worry.

>I hope after Death Stranding's shit story and writing people will finally realize that Kojima is a hack. When Tomokazu Fukushima left his team every game Kojima worked on afterwards had TERRIBLE writing.

The fact that people swallowed MGS4 as good writing, won't make blind fanboys see how much of a hack he is.

One game in, and the franchise has gone from being a massive success to being dead, despised by it's previous fanbase, and being the laughstock of the industry.

Maybe getting rid of Kojima wasn't such a good idea then.

It's not good writing, there's no good writing to be found in videogames because good writers are working on books and movies, not in an industry where the plot is just a secondary element.

He just creates stories and characters with a unique charm that people like.

That's not what Kojima has said. It's not my job to interpret his half assed sentences because he can't express his ideas to a full extent. I understand what he tried to say, but he didn't say it.

>When Tomokazu Fukushima left his team every game Kojima worked on afterwards had TERRIBLE writing.

Given that Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid exist you could easily make the argument that Kojima was trying to sort out the absolute fucking mess that Fukushima had created. But to say that would make me a 'Kojicuck', hyperbole that paints Kojima as the sole problem is the only accepted form of 'criticism' after all.

thanks for proving my point

Here's an idea for a Metal Gear Solid VI. What if there was a clone of Big Boss that was kept in absolute secrecy and he carries on as the new protagonist of the series? I know it sounds like a shit idea but at least it's more original than another damn zombie video game.

>let Metal Gear rest in piece and move on
They had their chance to do this after 2 and 3, and look what happened.

Are they not?
How are the Skulls zombies?

And how is any MGS before Survive a zombie survival game?

Thats not a counter to his picture at all, retard.

And now it's definatly the time to do it.
MGS is over, let's move on to other things.

It's not like there's anything else to tell anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkLPKd-Vs8g

>All Cutscenes/Story With "Gameplay"

>6 hours

Policenauts and Snatcher are objectively better tbqhwyf

I've always wondered how much credit he takes for his team's efforts.

He always make it as though he designed and programmed the entire game himself.

>people everywhere posting very valid arguments as to why MG Survive is shit and they are shitting on it
>it all gets dismissed as ''WOW YOU ARE ALL KOJIMADRONES''

Why would anyone bother paying attention to shitposters like you?

Nobody cares about MG Survive, simple as that.
It's a dumb idea, something that never asked for, and has nothing to do with previous MGS games.

This franchise is over, and it has nothing left to offer, it has pushed the stealth military game genre as far as it could, and it has reached it's end.

Time to move on, and let MGS rest in peace.

Well, he made the entire MGS1 map on his own, along with the soldier patrol routes, and Psychonauts runs on a scripting engine that he made himself.

Plus, he mentioned that during MGSV's development, he would always play the game for a bit, and change something himself withing the game, like the location of a certain object, some patrol and such.

No-ones saying MG Survive is going to be any good. We're just saying that Kojima is a hack and takes credit for his team's efforts.

No, you are saying that everyone who shits on MG Survive is a Kojimadrone, which is what all of you have been doing since they showed that terrible gameplay yesterday.

So, if you agree that MG Survive is going to be shit, why do this?
You just come here to get angry for no reason and shitpost?

What about the solid series?

NES could be made with small teams but later gen games weren't.

You dumb cunt.
The image is saying if Kojima made that game drones would defend it. And that the butthurt meter (represented by the like-bar) would be blue.
Its not hard to understand, moron. Your obvious ass-pain is clouded your mind.

I am 99% sure Kojima would eventually have made a zombie-focused MGS after watching too much TWD

All my post were calling Kojima a hack, I don't give a fuck about MG survive.

So, you shitposters have been angrily shouting and calling everyone a Kojimadrone and defending this blatant cash-grab because of a hypothetical situation?

>MGS is over
>no WWII game featuring The Boss and Cobra Unit
>no game following Raiden between the events of 2 and 4

ITS NOT OVER. NOT. JUST. YET.

No, you get fucking zombies instead.

>The image is saying if Kojima made that game drones would defend it.

Claiming anything made by Kojima is going to be shit because he's a 'hack' e.t.c. is no different.

What's the difference between Kojimadrones praising everything he made and you all endlessly saying that everything Kojima made is shit and that he's a hack?

Spinoff, doesn't count

>Everything

I think everyone agrees that his work up to MGS3 ranges from good to masterpiece. It's ZOE 2/MGS4 onwards he let stardom go to his head and games took a nosedive

But it will mark the end of the MGS franchise.

>le hack ecksdee
Meanwhile, Kojima has tied together a franchise that spans over decades all with interesting and memorable characters, development, real world politics interwoven with fiction and topped off with wacky anime-esque plotpoints and supernatural occurrences.
So much of his work is open to different interpretations, filled with meta commentary, is still being discussed on various forums decades after the fact and has received overwhelmingly positive acclaim worldwide by both critics and fans.

I'm not saying it's all 10/10 since a lot of the presentation is often hit and miss but everything MGS has been masterfully crafted at the same time. I can understand many of the critique being thrown at his work and judging from seeing how MGS evolved over the years, he can too. But how you can just sit there and spew that shitty hack meme is beyond me.

>in b4 Kojicuck because that's all you really have to bring to the table.

>calling obvious Kojimadrones a Kojimadrone
Correct.

>defending this blatant cash-grab
Incorrect.
This is why I called you a stupid cunt. But now, in addition to being a stupid cunt you are no doubt a butt-ravaged kojimadrone.

>Claiming anything made by Kojima is going to be shit because he's a 'hack' e.t.c. is no different.
No shit. Your point?

>What's the difference between Kojimadrones praising everything he made and >>>YOU

Who said everything?

>Correct.
So, which ones are these Kojimadrones you speak of?
Because the only ones speaking about Kojima are the people shitting on him.

read the thread

>Nothing. Your point?
That you are no different than Kojimadrones.
Yet you complain about them endlessly for no reason, take over MG Survive threads and call everyone Kojimadrones.

So, you have no interest in MG Survive, but you come shit on everyone shitting on it?

What's the logic behind this?

What's there to read.
People shitting on MG Survive and people shitting on Kojima and calling everyone Kojimadrones?

>you
Lol, feel free to quote me. Or even bother to ask if I like a kojima game.

> real world politics
Stopped reading there.

MGS4 marked the end.

Kojima's storylines are standard anime-esque dreck, and one the main reasons MGS1 & 2 were received so well was because there was nothing like it at the time.

MGS4 basically made me look back at the original storylines and realize how stupid most of it was. But MGS1-3 had the decency of good gameplay.

Nah, Konami can't be that stupid to think no one wants a MGS game just because their shitty slapped together spinoff doesn't sell...right? I mean, they'd have to be Nintendo to think that

he's gained an "undying" fanbase with those first three solid games
the fact that they defend shit like 4 and V is proof enough

Yeah, MGS is surely being made.
In the meantime, i'll just play the next Contra, the next Silent Hill, and the next Castlevania.

And peace walker

:(

But it brings up real world politics plenty of times? Especially in MGS3.

Name me another franchise that has been running for decades with a coherent yet deep storyline.
You can critique the games just fine but at the same time there is still nothing like it and I doubt there will ever be.

those were just cool placeholders for realistic weapons of mass destruction and special forces

you could have replaced that all with stealth bombers, cia kill squads and long range missiles and will granted it would have been more boring the overall theme of secret organisations trying to control the world would have stayed the saem

you know that game would be kinda cool if it had nothing to do with metal gear

kinda like mgs 5

really shows how terrible expectations can be for a game

>Metal Gear games are about political fiction and espionage
Where does a giant flaming whale eating a helicopter fit in with that?

>coherent yet deep storyline.

Coherency is not one of MGS strong points.

>real world politics

Many games and action films bring up real world politics, doesn't mean most of they say anything meaningful.

>coherent yet deep
>metal gear solid

>Many games and action films bring up real world politics, doesn't mean most of they say anything meaningful.

Don't know about that, especially in regards to MGS2. A lot of what GW and the patriot AI say near the end is highly relevant to the real world happenings. Not to mention the entire underlying theme of memetics/genetics and their effect of personal identity, again something that's going to become more and more relevant as the multiculturalism meme gets pushed harder and harder.

Like I said, critique all you want but you can't deny there's nothing like it.

what, so just because it's unique that makes it good? there's no game like big rigs out there so gee that game must be great! great logic

>real world politics
Fuck no. its pseudo-politics at best

>the controlling of thoughts/perceptions through memes
>the regression of political sides into their own echo chambers
>the individuals 'self' being rewritten through lack of genetic identity
>bat shit power brokers egging for endless wars to avoid negative interests
>NANOMACHINES SON

Doesn't seem very pseudo to me.

bump

Nothing quite as bad is what you mean right?

How did you manage to live, at the very least, two decades of life and not acquire a cultural backbone decent enough to realize MGS games are narrative garbage?

Jesus Christ, is there not a more redundant sub, with embarrassing meme spouting and all?

Everyone expects zombies to have simplistic behaviour and move in large, undifferentiated mobs. Do you know what that means? That means that lazy developers will NEVER stop using zombies.

Sorry, user.

Wasn't that a demo for an unreleased game?

Says the man who directed Vhascometo

Is Hayter still mad?

This. Kojima BTFO.

>adds zombies to MGSV
>complains about zombies in MG

What a hack

Where does Axe fit in with that?

He used zombies in MGSV. Hypocrite.

But you fail to realize Metal Gear Online 2 was a great addition to MGS4. Personally my favorite online experience.

It fits right in your open wounds.

>everyone forgetting that there's a song he placed in MGSV titles "How about them zombies ey?"

Fools, all of you

It's part of the marketing strategy, it's a way to quell any criticism of the game by dismissing the user. It started by blaming kojima for everything bad konami has ever done, then by presenting mgsurvive as konami trying to redeem itself from kojima mistakes (i.e. we want to win you back) and finally it turned into "buy mgsurvive to spite kojima" and "if you don't you are a kojimadrone" (i.e. you worship the bad guy of our narrative).
Don't fall for this shit and don't fall for celebrity worship in general, who gives a fucking shit about kojima

But he made the skulls on MGS V

Missing the point. The game didn't revolve around those beings per ce.
But we don't know if the new game revolves around the zombies either, so who knows.

Part of it of the game was about the parasites and the abilities that gave. For example the zombie kind of creatures on mgs v.

CQC's soldier "let me axe you a question"

Well... that's true. Point taken.

Every valid moderate opinion about survive gets dismissed as "WOW YOU ARE ALL KONAMI SHILLS"

Are you ok?

Mgsv babbies dont remember Metal Gear Touch.
K
E
K

Kojima is guilty of a lot but not everything. Most of the problems on MGS V are a mirror of the problems on MGS4, besides Hideo Kojima has a hard time dealing with criticism and that's a reason for a lot of his new decisions.

Konami is also everything but innocent, fuckers have being doing horrible decisions with their IPs even before mgs(silent hill, castlevania or even the yugioh franchise).

Both had their share of guilt, but on different things.

Neither does Kaz.

You are the only person in this planet who remembers it.

Then again, I think it says a lot when MG Survive's situation is compared with Metal Gear Touch's.

Stop saying reasonable things you konami shill.

Kojima is perfect and everything wrong is konamis fault.

I like that Survive brought the stamina and health bar back.

So you're saying you werent around Cred Forums during Touch marketing. Ok.

What Cred Forums thinks is irrelevant.
Metal Gear is now dead because there's nobody left that cares about the franchise, or that will stand up for it, it's completely in the hands of the guys in the suits, so if they deem that Metal Gear should become a linear first person shooter, nobody would oppose that.

THE FUCKER DID ZOMBIES IN CHAPTER 3
WHEN YOU ARE RUNNING WAY FROM THE COW ROBOTS, ON THE CAR OF THE NIGGER AND THE MONKEY

this is a reasonable post
this is the marketing team, you can see that because all they do is copy-paste the same things over and over.
I look forward to the post where you point out that kojima cut all of keifer's dialogue (false, because if you listen to the cut dialogue it's all grunts and random words) and that he was behind silent hill going to shit (false, he had no involvement before PT) and castlevania LoS (false, developer interviews state that he did basically nothing for the game and koji igarashi supported him after he got fired)
I'm also looking forward to you pointing out one post that calls kojima perfect or that blames everything on konami, the answer is there are none because the Cred Forums general consensus is that kojima is a hack who never made a good game, your marketing ploy is just exploiting this to try and get retarded gamers to buy a game just to spite a guy they never met and will never ever give a shit about any of us. People falling for it are fucking idiots and they are probably the same people who think of game developers as their friends because they are social outcasts.
Don't fall for the shill narrative, don't buy games whose only marketing is based on either dev worship or dev hate, the only thing important is the actual product and neither death stranding nor mgsurvive are being marketed as products

Mgs got in the hand of "the suits" when kojima wasnt allowed to leave after mgs2 and konami started doing mobile mgs games well before pachinko machines.

Konami's administration is relatively hands off on the Yugioh franchise, all they really do is "suggest" I mean demand that cards with certain themes exist.

Good example being the Kozmo archetype in the TCG, which was out just in time to make mad bank by association with Star Wars.

There's nothing like the star wars prequels either.
Unique isn't always a good thing

nanomachines never were the only logical conclusion. Vamp is incredibly over-the-top in his magic display bullshit in order to further confuse the player about the whole "what is and isn't reality" thing MGS2 went for. In fact, "nanomachines brah" is the farthest Kojima wanted people to think about Vamp's source of power for this reason.
>sci-fi
>when clearly science fantasy
Yes, most people are really fucking dumb

I think survive won't even be that bad. solo might be boring but co op would be fun with friends.

I'm actually hoping Survive will be good just so it will surprise everyone.

What you are accusing me of being a paid shill for saying the same thing you just did, just with sarcasm? And with all that wall of salty text? Are you autistic?

paranoid schizophrenia is a very serious condition user.

And yet you copy paste that same shit on every mgzombi thread.

K
E
K

And btw, same guy here
>neither death stranding nor mgsurvive are being marketed as products
Because they are not products.

One is an interactive """"""""art""""""" movie the other is a cash grab with zombies and zero effort.

You are also a retard.

I'll buy Survive used

Shill

>I didn't play 2 cause that shit has aged like milk
Sure, you are probably that asshurt nigger who post that shitty chart in bought/expected/got threads

>I just hope metroid fusion or what ever soccer game it was is good to show you HATERS.

Konami wouldn't get my money if I did that though

Still used zombies. You doss cunt.

Up ye cunt.

>makes a proper point
>kojima fanboys defend by saying, "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE CONTEXT"
Kojima does whatever the fuck he wants and anyone saying that his half naked women and screaming robots with feelings are high art are fucking morons.

>b-b-b-but H-HE USED ZOMBIES SO HE'S HYPOCRITICAL

No. Zombies as a theme for enemies were used multiple times.

BASING AN ENTIRE FUCKING GAME OFF OF THE CONCEPT IS ANOTHER STORY ENTIRELY.

>Likening the Parasite Units to zombies

You guys can't shitpost any harder about this game

Easily the worst thing about MGS V. Them and the kids running away constantly.

what, those soldiers turn people into zombies.. are you kidding me? there's literal cleanup missions to get rid of the zombies

This. Kojima is a hack but Cred Forums is too filled with Kojimadrones.

If Kojima put zombies in a metal gear game i would be just as mad, zombies are the biggest cop-out there is

Spotted the neogaf-cuckold

I automatically don't give a fuck about your fuck opinion.

yep sorry for not wanting this board to be overrun by marketers.
I'm just telling people to use their head and purchase games based on their quality instead of random names that don't mean shit.
That's just common sense, why does that upset you? Could it be that you have some interest in it?
how is suggesting to purchase a game based on merit retarded? How is pointing out marketing tactics retarded? Could you explain?