Is this an acceptable starting GPU to outclass consoles...

Is this an acceptable starting GPU to outclass consoles? I'm finally leaving console faggotry and taking the plunge into PC gaming. I have enough RAM on my work PC already, and I just need a less shitty GPU to finish it off.

Not looking for max settings right now, I just want something better than console.

Other urls found in this thread:

gpuboss.com/graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-950
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>gtx 950

heh

You'll have to wait 5 years before they make a GPU to outclass the newly announced consoles again, just like with every generation

gpuboss.com/graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-950

Link if you need it.

yes

What?

yes

considering the 750ti 2GB was capable of running GTA5 at 1080p / Very High at ~35fps average, a card said to be roughly 30% faster with newer tech in general should do much better. So the answer is yes.

Keep shadows, reflections and SSAO low, and use post-processing AA if you need some, and you should be fine in any game.

top kek

No. Buy a used 970 or something.

>this is what Sonyggers actually believe

shit, wrong pic

Oh wow great you can calculate some stupid floating point numbers faster, good job
Console hardware is custom-made for the console, making it far superior for games

No.
Spend a bit more on a RX470

Does anyone have a future release chart for Nvidia? Amd is going to take too long to get out Vega and none of the gpus from Nvida can do 1440p/144hz at the moment. So I was wondering when Nvida was going to release a gpu that can do 1440p/144hz?

>sub 1080p in 2016
>jumpy "cinematic" 25fps average
>textures, lighting, drawing distance, reflections, etc, still at 2001 level, AT BEST
>"superior for games"

GTX 1080 can do just that, son

Wait for the GTX 1050

>game looks amazing
>haha look at this tiny visual glitch
It never ceases to amaze me how desperate PCfags are. Enjoy your console ports

Are you sure the gtx 1080 can, because Cred Forums told me it can't with games like multiplayer?

>call a game a graphical masterpiece
>surprised when people nitpick shit that was already figured out a decade earlier
It never ceases to amaze me how hard consolefags backpeddle. I'll let you go this time since you didn't use the word cuck.

the new consoles will use a GPU that is on par with the 960

the real question is if they will use HBM2

And that'll be good to outperform consoles for a few years. I know these are newfag questions, but that's because I'm a newfag.

>Is this an acceptable starting GPU to outclass consoles?
Until the end of this generation of consoles with more demanding games to come? Maybe a 1080

nigger my HD7870 outclasses console gpus

sure, any game

Yes. I disable motion blur and put AA on 4x and voila, 1080p on 60-80fps on multiplat titles.