Literally nothing.
Only
>not muh MGS3
fags disagree.

Shouting Dog
Giggling Squid
Angry Bird
Yelling Insect

lack of 60fps certainty felt like a dip in quality.

1) Barely no core stealth gameplay past the first two acts
2) Terrible story that shits all over the previous games of the series

Easily the worst MGS

The Crying Wolf fight actually stood out for me, but that could be because it was one of the three boss fights which weren't completely shit.

Basically it's a game for autists who think every "hanging plot thread" needs to be "tied up" so they can fill in the blank pages on the Metal Gear wiki. It's a game for people who think canon is more important than subtext. It's fanservice for the worst kind of fan.

Bad game design, you hardly ever play it

It's also fanservice for people who prefer soul-less and meaningless pandering (OMG MUH REX VS RAY, OMG MUH FISTFIGHT ON TOP OF BUILDING THAT GOES THROUGH EVERY GAME) as opposed to actual good story-telling that stands on its own.

And it's fanservice for people who prefer to watch movies.

Truly fanservice for the worst kind of fan.

>OMG MUH REX VS RAY, OMG MUH FISTFIGHT ON TOP OF BUILDING THAT GOES THROUGH EVERY GAME)

You sound like a real hit at parties

It turns into a movie after Act 2.

I prefer substantial content that stands on its own and not something that just panders to nostalgia-faggots and I won't apologize for it.

Yeah but it was still really cool

It wasn't. It was lame pandering.

Kojima got tired of MGS.

nah

>t. kojima after every MG game ever

Still better than V.

Yeah, but you can see that he struggled to make MGS4 so much that afterwards he tried to make the next MGS games something different, what with the base-building and all.

Not at all.
V's story was shit, but it had the decency of at least being quite self contained, while MGS4 just took MGS1, 2 and 3 and brutally murdered them in front of me.

Not to mention after Act 2 it all goes to shit gameplay wise.

Absolutely not. Original trilogy >>>>> MGS V >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MGS 4

They had to rope him in to finish MGS4 half way in development because no one else could do it. Not really his fault on that one

lol as a game no

MGSV murdered MG1, MG2, MGS3 and PW.

Also it ruined Ocelot, Big Boss and Miller's characters.

>MGS4 just took MGS1, 2 and 3 and brutally murdered them in front of me.

you didn't understand it

>It's a game for people who think canon is more important than subtext

This so much

How?

Nope
V is an useless side story attached to a decent game
4 is the live rape and execution of the Metal Gear series attached to a movie

>you didn't understand it
And I suppose i'm going to get a ''DCfag explains a Snyder movie''-tier explanation as to why MGS4 is actually not trash?

Both Ocelot and Big Boss were already irredeemably ruined in MGS 4, as were MG 1, 2 and MGS 3

There was nothing in Peace Walker to ruin.

I cheesed that boss so hard on my first time through.
>Snake, she can detect your scent, stay upwind.
>Spend the entire fight prone underneath a truck near the beginning of the level.
>Tranq-snipe everything that comes within my line of fire.

I never said it didn't have its issues, but if you think it actually went out and "ruined" the trilogy then you're wrong

because I didn't like it!!!

>MGS3 codec team is transformed into the illuminati
>Big Boss is alive
>Ocelot rused himself into thinking he was Liquid
>Raiden is destroyed as a character and just made him an emo edgelord
>Sunny is a plot device that destroys the Patriots

and?

And that's it.
The first one alone is what killed the game for me.
Making Zero the big bad will always be the dumbest and most stupid thing of the franchise.

And all of that is trash, you stupid faggot.

You know there's more to a video game than its canon right?

You know that every MGS is all about taking the canon and spinning it on its head right?

You know that, apart from the canon, there's a layer of subtext about society and video games development that has remained constand throughout the series right?

Basically you're coming to a video game looking for a novel, no wonder you're disappointed

What did Kojima mean by this?

The only MGS game that even approached 60fps before that was 2.

Why does Cred Forums like MGS3 so much anyway? I'm playing through it right now and it's literally just CQC your way to victory, even if you get caught. Also what's up with the ladder scene?

I think it's the best MGS. Kojima explained everything, story was good. Gameplay was awesome. You can either stealth or go for banzai mode.
I think people hates it because they are child who want charismatic womanizer snake. Most of the people are heartless motherfuckers that has no love for old snake and all his sufferings, pain and misery...

I agree. GZ is good, though. It's TPP I have a huge issue with.

She's a whore and always has been.

>implying GZ is better than TPP

What went wrong?

>Implying TPP is better than GZ

but it is my man

GZ has a tenth of the content

>b-but muh story muh boilerroom
lol fuck off

MGS3 is my favorite because it's the only game I think I can describe as historical fiction (at release, 4 is the only one that isn't historical fiction by now) and the antagaonist and villain being two different characters ala Silence of the Lambs

It's brilliant for expository reasons, and for how Kojima can use gameplay as a part of exposition.

4 is actually good, though. Its problem is too many extra long cutscenes, but it's still a good game

it's just too damn short!

>scene gets so hype even a fucking PS3 can't handle it

I miss this game being popular

But thanks to the Zelda cycle it's as popular as it's ever been ?

MGS4 is what MGS would be like if it really was meant to be played for the cutscenes

It was also Kojima starting to get old and tired and sick of retarded fanboys pressuring him to explain shit he had originally intended to be left up to interpretation

MGS should have been a trilogy, yet enough people like all the other ones (I'm fond of 4 myself) that it's hard to say any of them are necessarily bad games. It's kind of weird. There's a certain merit to all of Kojima's works, the problem really is entitled gamers

No it's unpopular to like MGS4 now. Thanks shitposters. You took a good thing and shat on it over your entitlement.

This is true

It's just such a waste of that pretty cool battlefield mechanic that I really wanted to see developed further.

But yeah thhe cutscenes mostly make up for it when they aren't being bloated and over long; so many of them would have been much better literally just by outright removing portions of them

yeah. you have to set aside time to play a game like MGS4. I think it's still worth it. best gameplay in the series

marking targets is gay, threat detection ring is GOAT

dude, pls. There was some buzz when the game first came out and got 10s everywhere. But once the honeymoon died off after the weekend there was always complaints.

Now that it's cool to shit on V we have retards coming out of the wood work saying how 4 was the last reel game and muh headcanon

read half your post

people complain about fucking everything. problem with games is people have to listen to what's being said in their markets and the majority of gamers really are stupid fucks like you

I'm not the one who likes 4 unironically though lol

right, you're the retarded one

>kojimadrones actually believe this

>Snake gets cucked by a joke character
Thank you mr kojima

Yup, a large body of people probably think you're a fucking retard, because you are.

Come at me. I have reached platinum mad. Your words won't hurt and maybe I'll luck out and make a little bitch like you actually kill yourself.

k

>l-look at me guys, I'll j-just be A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G *on purpose*

Really mean it when I say you could die and a lot of people would probably just think it the best thing for you. Try living an actually hard life. You'd get shot no problem.

I'm not the one that made endless daily bitching threads for a year because a game turned out slightly different from what was expected.

Face it, 4 did a lot of interesting and exciting things, but in the end it just wasn't well designed as a game and was suffering the effects of development hell.

It's a movie
MGO2 was okay though

Establish in MGS2 that Ocelot can be possessed by the ghost Liquid Snake.

Establish in MGS3 that Ocelot is the son of a medium whose powers were such that even after death he had skin in the game.

Establish in MGS4 that Ocelot was never possessed and brainwashed himself into believing he was possessed by Liquid Snake to (somehow) trick the Patriots.

That really ground my gears

It was sad seeing snake get closer to death, pretty much getting cheated out of a life, and it felt like everyone forgot about him during the final sequence, well except for his husband otacon

In the MGS2 novelization the Sorrow makes fun of Ocelot for letting Liquid take control over him