I've never played a MAFIA game, did the first two age decently or just wait for the new one...

I've never played a MAFIA game, did the first two age decently or just wait for the new one? Is it just a GTA clone or is there more to it?

Get the second game.
Avoid the third.

First one is better but aged poorly.
This shit will probably be a wreck tho.

I've just been watching some gameplay footage of 3, I kinda like the universe, it's pretty original at least. The gameplay looks a bit bland though.

Anyway, I guess I'll start with one and see where it gets me, thanks.

The first 2 Mafia games aren't GTA per say, since instead of giving you a sandbox to play in and do goofy shit or whatever strikes your fancy, it just uses it as a backdrop to tell a strong narrative. The first Mafia game especially has an extremely strong plot and narrative that is still hard to substitute to this day with anything else. But the game has aged a lot and it definitely doesn't look good anymore.

Mafia 2 follows suit and does pretty much the same as the first game, the city is just mostly a backdrop for a strong narrative and all but they decided to give a bit of life to the city and free roam. For this, they gave you the ability to earn and spend money on outfits and guns, cars too I think but I can't recall. However, the game's narrative and even plot isn't at all as strong as the first game. You'll notice a lot of times where the story kinda 'skips' some things that you were led to believe would become important, but are never really touched on meaningfully. And rightfully so you would feel that because if you look up the list of cut missions for Mafia 2 you'll find a list the length of my dick.

I'd recommend playing the first two Mafia games and enjoying the stories of both though because they are really fucking good, despite how aged the first one is and the sizeable amount of cut content from the second one.

This third game, I just don't know. I will definitely give it a shot sooner or later but I can't a get a bead on whether or not it'll have that strong narrative again. Everything about it just seems to be a generic revenge story and they keep on showing the same footages in the trailers, but that might be due to trying to keep spoilers down. We'll see, I guess.

Awesome, thanks.

They're period piece games and I love them for that. The newer GTAs might be better mechanically than the older ones but I miss the fun of era-specific music and whatnot.

I never played Mafia 1 but the second was perfect for that vibe and in that regard the third's looking good

Pic related has only "aged badly" if you're underage. It's one of the best games ever made.

Mafia II is an unfinished mess, but still decent.

3 looks like garbage.

The first one aged like milk but if you can stomach it, by all means get it. The second one is the best despite what hipster trash on Cred Forums says. The third one...I'm not going there, but you'll probably get enjoyment out of the second one.

Mafia has always been pure trash.
Mafia 1 was proto-GTA 3, Mafia 2 was a failure with a pointless open world, and who the fuck knows what they are doing with Mafia 3.

Avoid this franchise.

>3 looks like garbage

This.

stale bait pasta is stale

Prove me wrong.
This franchise has never offered something that made it stand out from any other one.
It's just a generic game about mafias, and the third one isn't even about that.

It's a 5/10 franchise that no one but a handful of people remember, which is why Mafia 3 doesn't give a fuck about it's past.

And to think the second game had PhysX shit for cloth and everything that was destructible. What the fuck is this shit? And especially worried that the hostage isn't harmed at all by the grenade. Is this shit really going to be this easy mode?

>This franchise has never offered something that made it stand out from any other one

For the time it had great driving mechanics, gunplay, and the story was one of the best in vidya.

Stop trying to desperately hard to be contrarian.

Why are they showing this shit? Is the game out ot something

>driving mechanics
The fuck are you talking about, do you remember the racing section?

>gunplay
What about it?

oh look it's this faggot again

are you just in every thread trying to shit on the original mafia to sound cool?

Just played the second game
My opinion:
>Walking simulator hidden as a TPS
>No minigames
>The only reason to explore the world are play boy magazines
>You can change your clothes but there's not soo much variety
>The story it's good.

There's a reason this franchise died and is now being rebooted as Saints Row in the 60's with a nigger.

Mafia 1 was mediocre, Mafia 2 was a goddamn disaster and worse case than MGSV regarding cut content.

The gunplay was tighter than GTA 3, and the driving was great. Having gears made it all the more interesting.

>Mafia 1 was mediocre

It's sales were mediocre, but it's an outstanding game. The mistake they made was releasing it on PC first, unlike GTA 3 that was PS2 then PC.

A bunch of youtubers got to play the game at some event this past week or so, a shitload of game footage have surfaced on youtube.

I saw one where they were trying to show the game from one end of the map to the other and it was during sunset. The hosts were trying so hard to compliment the sunset at the time but it was absolute bullshit. The sun was overly bright despite the clouds being heavy and dark, the streets reflected the light like they were made of glass, shadows flickered so much in motion and when it started to rain, the atmosphere was exactly the same except rain drops were falling. The bright sun, the mirror streets and all were still there.

I don't want to exaggerate but some of the footage I've seen... shit, I can actually say that Mafia 2 looks consistently better than some of them. I hope the PC version at least has good graphics since the footage are all of the PS4 version. We know the physics are totally fucking out thanks to

>contrarians on Cred Forums pretend mafia was a good game because MUH OLDER GARBAGE IS BETTER
>check it out
>boring game, watered down everything
>just a cheap euro version of gta
>mafia 2 on sale, get it
>pretty boring as well
>not really open world
>still feels like watered down gta

I'll hand it to them, for a bunch of Europeans, they at least did their research but both games were meh-tier. I don't have a cuckholding fetish so I'll pass on the third.

You have to be over the age of 18 to post here.

Not every open world game with cars and guns are aspiring to be GTA user. The draw is the narrative, if that's not what you look for in a game then you're not going to find much to enjoy. Go have fun with GTA, and I don't mean that in a condescending way. Mafia is just not for you.

>youtubers

All I needed to know that Mafia 3 is going to be shit was to watch theRadBrad's intro to his first preview video where he praised the game to the hilt. That guy is a such a retard that it's like watching a girl gamer who just got into games a year ago to stream on Twitch. Beyond being retarded at video games, he has no standards, anything new that devs send his way, he praises endlessly.

I get that the guy needs to eat and pay bills, but he has no standards, his Corporate Enthusiasmâ„¢ is enough to tell me the game is crap that lazy devs sent out to unscrupulous idiot Youtubers for an endorsement.

Oh yeah, the narrative of trying to be a GTA game like the original GTAs. Mafia definitely isn't trying to do that, got it. Thanks for helping me out.

>even comparing Mafia to GTA

How to spot the underage. They were both made around the same time. GTA 3 just had a MUCH bigger budget, and brand recognition.

I saw some "stealth gameplay", with takedowns that made people clip through walls, and it just kept happening.

Boring or not, the playboys were 10/10.

>mfw DELICIOUS natural tits and vintage bushes in mafia 2

I think you meant to say play the first game, avoid the other two.You have to love all these underage faggots that think the second one was on par with the first one. It was a disappointing, unfinished piece of shit and is as bad as 3 will probably be.

I skipped around the 2 hour gameplay video of Mafia 3 and saw the "stealth" sections where one enemy would be facing the other from 20 feet away in broad daylight, you strangle and snap one's neck and his buddy just continues to stand there looking at you with zero fucks given.

Yeah, only racists don't want to play this...

user, are you alright?

You're a fucking retard.

Play the original. The superior ps2 port.