I'm sorry, bros, but this game is tedious as hell

I'm sorry, bros, but this game is tedious as hell.
None of the connections from area to area feel organic and the speed of Alucard (including backstep button mashing) makes backtracking a serious chore.
Even for a "Metroidvania" game it's too overdone in this one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/90ejCP-Hz1I
youtube.com/watch?v=tSpXi7oaYjM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Use the batwing smash to move faster over long stretches.
>Double jump and divekick and transform into bat to get a quick burst of speed for medium ranges.
>do a backdash and transform into bat for a quick speedboost over short ranges.
>Turn into a wolf, do a hadouken movement and attack, and keep holding forward to turn your charge into a sprint, once you have the upgrades at least
>Look at speedrunning for an example on how to move through the game in a methodical and effective way.

Also you can try the hardtype hack for a more dark souls like experience.

fuck off

example:
youtu.be/90ejCP-Hz1I

eh why exactly?

That sounds tedious as fuck to do.

movement might be slow compared to the GBA games but it's still way faster than the DS ones

>doing advanced techniques in a game to go faster or be able to do cool stuff is tedious
You do not belong here.

Nigger, no normal human uses speedfaggot methods of getting around in games.

>"you move too slow in this game when you have to backtrack"
>well, you can do these things to drastically up move speed
>"no, I don't want to"
Ok

>Fuck I don't want to climb these stairs to the 50th floor
>WELL ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS JUMP SIDE TO SIDE FROM EACH BANISTER TO THE NEXT

If you consider yourself normal then I suggest you find another website to shitpost on, because you do not belong here.

This place is full of autistic weebs and pantysniffers and if you don't fall under those categories then it's time to leave.

You think I come here to converse with normalfags? Get out.

That was the gayest shit ever and less effort would have been needed by just fighting them normally.
SOTN fags truly are the hidden shitpile beneath the floor board.

git gud
Seriously, you fucking suck. You have many ways to speed up the game and you still don't wanna try those.

>he doesn't shield dash

clearly haven't given the game much time

You memester. You probably like the game as much as I do.

>le backtracking meme

I'm tired of this shit. You autismos think going through a place you've been before is inherebtly bad, and that's just silly. Just say you don't like the gameplay.

The only game that I've yet to see complaints about backtracking is Dark Souls I think.

Fuck that.
Giving it an excuse for the flaw of being too slow because of a method some autistic players created to overcome it is the wackest shit ever. Speedniggers need to neck themselves.

I never said I hated or disliked the game. I just thought the amount of having to go back and slowly slog through the same enemies was boring. The boss fights were fun, but the general task of going to point A to point B was eyerolling.

What the fuck, you get a method to move faster, you fucking use it. Yes, players that use the resources given to them should have a better time you retard casual.

>I'm sorry, bros, this game is tedious as hell.
You then elaborated on the backtracking aspect, but you did not clarify why the entire game is tedious as hell.

your move buttlord

Nigger, I'm not even talking about shield dash or glitchy stuff. Wolf dash Wing Smash are an actual mechanic in the game. How hard for you could be to do ↓↘→ + attack button?

>The only game that I've yet to see complaints about backtracking is Dark Souls I think.

I've seen people get super mad about going into the Tomb of the Giants without the lordvessel.

cuck detected

Are you genuinely human or something that exists in a pocket universe that only opens up into this world to defend any of SOTN's gameplay?

The bossfights make it a worthwhile reward to go through most of the game. What's hard to get?

By playing on a keyboard.

Keyboard is the best device for fighting game inputs though.

>SOTN's gameplay
It's pretty good troll boy. It can be technical for both speedrunning and general play. game is too easy, sure, but the hard type hack fixes a lot of that.

Nigga are you retarded? it's pretty easy even on the keyboard, just press ↓ and → or S and D if you are using a WASD config.

>By playing on a keyboard.
So you are retarded. How is playing on a keyboard a problem for simple inputs?

hard mode hack example:
skip to after death for a general idea of how hard it is.
youtube.com/watch?v=tSpXi7oaYjM

Shield dash is really easy to do.

>SOTN fags are also fighting fags
I'm glad I never had the unfortunate life choices of ever playing a fighting game.
Neck yourselves, my main mans.

>But you gotta play this specific manner
How about you kiss my ass. It's flaw if it's necessary to change how a player wishes to move around.

That's a problem with the area being shit

You sell hard mode hacks or something?
It does look fun though

>It's flaw if it's necessary to change how a player wishes to move around.
>I want to be a retard and just walk around, why can't I go faster
This is not a flaw.

Nigga, I don't even play fighting games at all. Are you that stupid that you can't do a simple input?

so it doesnt change ai at all it just ups the numbers so the enemies are still easy because theyre still slow and stupid?

Hah. No. I'm just really enthusiastic about it. It made me see the game in a different light. I saw boss patterns that I hadn't seen in ages, and died like 100 times during the whole thing, which was frustrating because I figured I was pretty good at the game by now.

It's a definite massive flaw that puts the game into a 4/10 than a 10/10. Were the game already fast like playing as Belmont in the beginning than speedniggers wouldn't have even needed creating retarded new methods of moving about.

>I don't play fighting games at all
Spot a liar for 10 points.

>Cries like a little bitch about how hard and lame is the game
>"Ok dude heres some advices of how you can enjoy more the game and improve your experience"
>Goes apeshit and stills cry calling us autists
Kys

>needed creating retarded new methods of moving about
You mean techniques the game explicitly gives you?

Well yes. But because they take a longer time to defeat you find yourself in situations you normally wouldn't be in. Such as in that video where the bone throwing skeleton attacks while the other skeleton is in front.
There are also some other changes like the strength of weapons and spells, and how much mp they use. It doesn't seem much but it changes how you play the game a lot. especially on luck mode and without picking up HP max ups. The only thing I'm not happy with is that it removes some weapons, but I believe the dev might be working on that.

Sure, but it only gets worse when you find out you don't have the item that lets you teleport out of there.

>It's flaw if it's necessary to change how a player wishes to move around.
Who said it was neccessary? You have the option. If you still don't enjoy the game then go play something fast like sonic.

Man, you opened my eyes. I probably play fighting games when I'm sleeping or something.

Whatever, I give up.

>I'm complaining about a 20yo game like the devs are reading this and gonna patch to cather to my taste

What a fullfiling life you have here, dude and yeah, I'm also a loser

I hope this game goes on sale in the 30th anniversary of castlevania

I'm curious, how did one get that weapon (is it the fist of tulkas?) and the bat/wolf souls so early in the game?

hax. I was planning to do a sort of boss rush in the most flashy way possible, but balance issues got in the way.