Hello Cred Forums me and a friend have been developing a new game for Steam...

Hello Cred Forums me and a friend have been developing a new game for Steam. We just released a short 1 min raw footage of the game and hope to have a full demo for everyone soon.

Kakudo is a story driven platformer with intense movement and puzzle elements.

We are excited to hear what everyones first impressions are so join us for a discussion !

Here is a link to the 1 min clip: vimeo.com/183187320

Password: Cred Forums

Epic viral marketing my friend.

At this point we just need to hear the opinions of the public and thought that Cred Forums might be a good place to have some unfiltered discussion.

bump

Fucking kill yourself

way to rip off limbo FAG

lol dis gui

A FUCKING BLACK CUBE

>Hey Cred Forums me and my friend bought Gamemaker on Humble Bundle and we ripped off Limbo and we thought we'd spam Cred Forums because we spent our 'marketing' budget on dildos

Fuck outa here OP, you're pathetic

so the depth illusion is working, good

You are correct its a cube

>saged

Well at least your shilling is upfront instead of trying to pretend to be a 'random user' who 'happened' upon this 'cool game' that is totally not his own work that he's trying to sell us

Still, banner ads, 20$, no excuses, fuck off

Fuck off and buy some advertising for your shitty game, kid. Nobody cares about your knock-off gamemaker project.

The only thing we really share with limbo are the dark setting of the game.

The music you hear in the video is not going to be in the game it's just been placed for this intro :)

Not advertising just asking for first impressions, we haven't spammed our facebook page or asked for help in steam greenlight.

Its kind of silly to attempt to market trough Cred Forums threads

hey guise! found this new and cool and epic game. please buy it

and we're not giving out keys

>Not advertising just asking for first impressions
You want a first impression? Your game is dogshit. You are incapable of coming up with anything approaching an original idea, and your spam is not welcome here. Fuck off.

The game is far from ready and is not purchasable anywhere right now.

Hey, it's the other dev here. Our point really isn't marketing. Just take a look at the video. We are not giving you spam/false content, nor asking you to go through ad.fly's and you still crying. Just an honest comment on the game would suffice.

>copy another persons art style
>have no shame
>claim "its just similar"

how pathetic can one person be?

Looks like absolute shit. Really. It looks like shit.

>neither are we asking for likes

good, an honest comment. Thanks

Limbo + Inside are amazing games and comparing our game to them is quite the honor.

While Playdead studios has been an inspiration we don't strive to create a game just like limbo or inside but we hope to achieve a great experience with interesting gameplay.

if you were closer to normal human beings, we actually were going to give out keys in Cred Forums
>rethinking it now

Nobody wants your keys faggot. Go and shill your trash somewhere else.

Gotta say, seeing you guys cutting corners already makes me skeptic.

The environment background looks decent, the foreground however feel blocky. Either make the background blend well with the foreground or vice versa. Otherwise the concept looks good so far.

>comparing
you just stole their style, nothing good about that, mad damage control son

2005 called. They want their indie aesthetic back.

I'm dealing with the visual design. Thanks for the comment. Will really try to find a solution for this.

The footage is pretty early in development while we wanted to hold off on releasing footage we were reaching a point where some outside opinions are a must.

kek
>underrated

We remade it 100 times over and it just became time to put ourselves out there and face the music

Here are some screenshots of the game a loooong time ago

>not giving out keys

you dont want people to play your game? fuck off to reddit then

I'm really not sure why any game devs would bother coming here.
Indie game devs have lost their goodwill with Cred Forums after old/v/s innocence was exploited multiple times, and new/v/ will not allow another minecraft or agar to ever happen. because that's dumb.
so go tell people about your game on reddit because they are forgetful people.

We'd really like to hear your opinion on the gameplay mechanics nevertheless... anyone?

First thing I would say is "consider your audience". Who are you expecting to buy your game? I don't think there's really a market for puzzle platformers anymore unless you have market research suggesting a resurgence. Maybe your goal isn't to sell a game but only to have it up on steam. In that case, kudos, you can spend your dollarydoos and get this game onto steam in all likelihood, but don't expect a reutrn on investment on anything besides maybe the sens of satisfaction you'll get out of it. Puzzle platformers are dead. Maybe if you introduce some "roguelike elements" into it you can get people to buy it, but everything from the aesthetics to the mechanics look like something that 99.999% of people wouldn't glance at twice. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Just fuck off and stop embarrassing yourselves with this dogshit.

We were first aiming it towards the mobile market but since we did not like how most business models interfere with core gameplay we decided to take it home to the PC masterrace

Seems to flow nicely together. Enemies don't seem that much of a risk, but obviously levels will get harder.

What systems are you targeting this for? PS4 and Xbox also? You can run any xbox as a dev kit and if you price this cheap enough I'm sure you'll make money.

But props for giving it a go.

Also reddit is probably a better go to place.

>no sure why anydev would come here

to give out keys or shill their game, ill def give out some keys when i finish my game

Yeah, we are going for PC and XBONE with full controller support for PC. Also later going for mobile markets.

We don't show much here, but there's quite the diversity of enemies already, every each having a specific role. The hedgehog you're seeing doesn't let you land for instance, so you'll need to hover, he isn't really as scary. He's more like a puzzle, you need to trick him to pass through. We have no fighting in the game. It's all about outsmarting your enemies and using the environment to your benefit.

We also forgot the mention the game will be open world multiplayer.

>it wont

>developing a new game for Steam

I think you meant to say 'PC', user.

you should never have aliasing in such a simple looking game

>because of people like

Busted.

we use Construct 2 with export through Cocoon IO, we couldn't afford anti-aliasing back then as it was too heavy for mobile devices.

Nevertheless this is a development concepts and first steps. This is to be considered like R&D rather than a game.

looks OK but give it the blur like Limbo or some other effect because the visuals are boring

>We were first aiming it towards the mobile market but since we did not like how most business models interfere with core gameplay we decided to take it home to the PC masterrace

>offer demo (1st level)
>buy the full game
yeah I totally see your problem

Do you think a more animated background would spice things up ?

We will consider your suggestion as well :)

you guys need a music guy?

yeah, actually we do! You can contact us, write us a message on Kakudo facebook page. We'll answer right away.
>facebook com / kakudogame

The path we took while developing it for the mobile market didn't really fit with the game we wanted to create so we took a step back and decided to first expose it to PC and in the future maybe make a mobile port.

Purchasable games don't do too well in app-stores when first starting up, and F2P models are overcrowded with buy my gems so you can play my game

My teammate forgot to mention that we're actually fucking tired of the Freemium model. The main idea here is that we're trying to make money so we can create high quality games, with no DLCs, with no in-app purchases. We believe that a game needs to be pirated or bought and either of these is fine! But business people mess in the gaming industry so much cause they're such fags!
>hate f2p
>hate that the public wants to be fucked up the ass with gems
> pirate or buy, either way works

That's why we turn the attention to people like you because the fucking public has its head up its ass and what they play aren't games, they play business models with graphics!

That's one way to put it

the problem is it looks like a free flash game
it needs some artistic touch

Why would I play newgrounds-tier trash like this?

guy, /v is a terrible place to actually discuss video games. As you may've already seen, people here just want to fuck with others, they haven;t enjoyed their lives for a long, long time. It's fun for banter, but terrible for discussion.
Try your luck on smaller, less jaded imageboards,

The reason one might enjoy the game is for its laid back style and challenging gameplay. You will be able to pick it up take your time and pass trough it. Or turn it into a fast paced adventure testing your skills and reaction time.

The way a person plays it will be on them to decide. We will push to add more diversity :)

We sort of knew what to expect when i posted here but it is still useful feedback. At least people don't sugarcoat things and say what they feel.

After-all we appreciate everyone taking their time even if its to write " its shit "

>The way a person plays it will be on them to decide. We will push to add more diversity :)

is this where youve been these last months sean?

Ahahah, we won't no man's sky it i promise

It's no Blanco, my man

And to the music guy if you would rather email us you can do so at [email protected]

Try /agdg/ on /vg/. You might get a reasonable conversation and feedback there.

Guise Guise! R8 my game. I made it right now in about 5 minutes I worked really hard on it. Its totally a game btw.

>make main character a square
>pretend it was for artistic/style choices, not simplicity

Its a beautiful combination of both. Also one of the reasons it's a square is to fit with our story.

id rather play this than not-limbo

Just signed you up for every spambot I know, thanks senpai, enjoy your non-stop penis enlargement pill emails

Oh no, you sure did a number on us :(

>shilling your shovelware on Cred Forums

I'm making it top down for the art style, not the simplicity.

shilling
ˈʃJlJŋ/Submit
noun
a former British coin and monetary unit equal to one twentieth of a pound or twelve pence.
the basic monetary unit in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, equal to 100 cents.

I don't see the connection with this discussion

They won't, they will get called a whodev that only came in to shill (and rightfully so, to be honest). /agdg/ is for development, feedback is limited to demo days

I will be tuning out for a while i assume the thread will die soon I want to thank everyone who tuned in to give their opinion and feedback we have taken everything into consideration and will work on making the game even better !

If you are interested in the game's progress you already know where to find us .

If you have any further suggestions feel free to send us a msg.
We came here for feedback not exposure that is why the video shared is with a password.

It has been fun !
Thank you

Oh shiiii forgot to advertise our logo

Looks actually breddy gud.
but I wont buy it anyway

I said it already, you're allowed to pirate it m8
It's not like we all haven't. We don't mind