Gauntlet on PC

So, Gauntlet on PC is on sale for $5. I played the shit out of the version on Gamecube, like almost every hero to max level solo (including the hidden heroes), not including three heroes to max level with friends. Anyone here played it and have an opinion of the game? I figure for $5 it can't hurt to try, but I know that by the time you play a few maps and realize you don't like it, it'll be 2.001 hours played and can't be refunded.

pc version is SHIT.

HORRIBLE
FUCKING
SHIT

And this is coming from a fan.

Fuck its bad.

Don't give them money user, if you don't trust me pirate and see.

I own all the versions and the PC version is the best one. What are you talking about?

The only difference between versions is a that PC let's you pick KB&M or gamepad. I think he might be confusing the reboot with dark legacy

I thoroughly enjoyed Gauntlet PC.
I was taken back by the graphics and gameplay but it actually was a blast playing with 3 other people.

Wizard is hella fun on controller.

Hows it compare to game cube version, control wise? I remember it being pretty good, with some accuracy issues when trying to attack at specific angles.

I had so much fun with Legends. Wish they'd make a PC port. Does this reboot have more to offer than today's Diablo 3?

Well, got it. For $5, I'll take a chance.

Also picked up Painkiller: Black Edition for like $2. Played the shit out of the base game when it came out years ago, but have lost my discs since then between moves.

It's nothing like Legends/Dark Legacy.

This, op. Its nothing like dark legacy.

this was really disappointing to me, I mean the classic was just that, a classic, but it was the style and flow of that late 90s arcade/n64 version that really hooked me (and to a lesser extent dark legacy)

friend had a copy on steam and we got a 4 player run going, mirrors the classic too hard with soft-graphic-reboot syndrome, glad to have tried it but would rather play something like risk of rain or crawl if I wanted a game along those lines, or just emulate legends or dark legacy

>Start as elf
>Talks in badly mimicked Irish accent

First level down, overall it doesn't seem too bad. The elf with his ranged attack, bombs, being able to kite shit, and his roll that grants i-frames seems a bit OP at this point, but I'm sure that will change in the later levels with swarms and shit.

pirate and see for yourself, its all I'm saying man.

Irish? I always thought it was swedish, since the developers are from there n shit

Warrior is shit compared to every other character since he aint ranged.

Could be, the only swedish accent I have familiarity with is the guys from Ghost.

>Wanted dark legacy
>Got not dark legacy

It's shit

Not at all.

Atleast we can play Dark Legacy with the gamecube emulator without any problems.