I'm a poorfag considering emptying what I have on my bank account for a few hours with this

I'm a poorfag considering emptying what I have on my bank account for a few hours with this.

Will I regret it?

yeah just get terraria instead
its way better

Very. It's free on piratebay. If you're a poorfag, you shouldn't be buying games anyways.

Ever played Terraria?
It's like that if it was boring as fuck

Steam feedback is very positive.

What do you think?

>pirating

this

I love terraria and I was fucking hyped for starbound
got disapointed as fuck
waited one year more
more disapointed
now I hate them
it's okay but you'll get bored with some hours in and you'll get 2348970234923 more hours of fun from terraria

Pirate it first, then decide. The game lacks many features promised by the devs (WHERE THE FUCK IS MY TERRAFORMING YOU FAGGOTS?!) but highly moddable.

I am the opposite of most people commenting, I actually liked it a lot more than Terraria. I put about 60 hours into it, although I think I'm done playing for a while. It was a lot of fun while it lasted though.

If you want good singleplayer go for Terrarria.

If you want good multiplayer go for either.

Starbound's progression blows royal ass. It has the weakest sense of progression I've ever witnessed in a video game.They had way too long to perfect it but it feels like there's no clear parameters for exploring and questing. The two aren't tied in a way that let's you know you're ready to progress unless you play a mission where you're OP or the enemy is.

Terrarria is much more contained and you know how well equipped you should be as you play the game and explore the map. I felt that, in Starbound, I never got a clear sense of that since I went from planet to planet and there was no meaningful interaction with any of the quests or people I met.

Is there anything in particular that drew you to it?

It's shit and the dev team is retarded.

>poorfag
>not just begging for the game

What are you, an idiot?

It's okay

It's also more demanding than a modern AAA game, so keep this in mind if you're poor and have a shit rig

>It's also more demanding than a modern AAA game

What the fuck?

Chucklefish

...How?

It's No Man's Sky, but 2D.

Thick & fast quality updates, pro tip the game has more content in beta than release
Do not play without good cpu

Fuck it, have this:

BR22D-DA44Z-CC83K

>moralfag

Just fucking pirate it you poor retard. If you're poor and spend money on vidya you should just end yourself

Starbound is like No Man's Sky, but better.

>tfw too slow

Goddamn it, at least thank the guy if you take it.

Terraria is better, Starbound is too shackled by its main quest shit to be sandboxy and the loot is really dull in terms of sprite art and variety.

Barely.

if you spill this one too, i'm not gonna fucking save you

BR22D-DA44Z-CC83* (* = K)

First, you need to make sure that if you have Windows 7 you have all the necessary updates to run Visual Studio C++ 2015.

Its a necessary requirement of them abandoning DirectX and using OpenGL

>but wait, the steam store still says directX

Steam has no option to indicate that a game outright does not use DirectX because that idea is so retarded it never was a thought that entered valve's mind.

>But wait, isn't the benefits of the unproprietary OpenGL just completely negated by making it require use of Visual Studiio? I've never heard of something that retarded before.

You never heard of Chucklefuck then.

Also can your game run Crysis 3 at max settings on a 1080p monitor and still average about 50-60 frames per second?

If so, you might be able to enjoy the game Starbound at native resolution with only minimal stuttering and it would take as much as 5 or 6 enemies attacking at once to lag the game below 30 seconds.

But it's not so much the frame lag that will happen then but the roughtly 1 second or so of the game just outright stopping in combat.

>wha-

Chucklefuck programing.

>but its got quests now, right?

Yes, they finally introduced quests in a more hamfisted way that is still worse than a user mod that used to work great back in 2014 before new updates bricked that mod.

Also they got rid of varying amounts of gravity and the worlds now have a lot of "set" designed parts on the surface instead of procedural generation.

And unique colors of dirt becasue it was taking too much inventory space.

But now food (without a mod to make it otherwise) no longer stacks.

>and the combat?

There's the "right way" to do combat, where everything feels like bullshit when you get hurt, and then there's the technique of using the matter manipulater to create insta-shields and bury your enemies and using ranged weapons.

>why?

Chucklefuck.

Bought it on sale to scratch my Terraria itch. Shit performance on my 4690k. I couldn't believe it the first time I dropped 20fps when it started to rain.

Oh well back to Terraria

Pirate it

Just pirate it.
It's fun for some time.

I get steady 40fps on a bloody intelHD 4000

>host server
>7 people on
>using 100% of 4GHz CPU
god bless

Starbound is comfy. Great game to chill with for the price.

Cred Forums is just filled with salty early access buyers griping about muh terraria.

rip

Eh, it's not exactly cheap and it's hardly ever on sale.

This. Starbound is worse than terraria but provides a pretty comfy atmospheric little exploration base building game. Not great, but pretty cozy and at least not $60

The soundtrack is fucking awesome.

It damn well better be from a team comprised 90% of artists.

*autists

I got it for free from a friend who had a spare copy lying around from the early access and passed it on to me, AFTER the 1.0 release.

And I honestly can't say it's any significant improvement over Terraria in any respect. Even Terraria I find more comfy. The only thing Starbound's got over it is nicer music to me. Everything else is just... dull and soulless.

The new story is such a huge disappointment compared to the old one.

For a sandbox game, I don't think it's a good idea to give folks too rigid a story. Before, it felt like you were there because you wanted to be. Now, you're there because you have to be.

EVERYONE being a graduate from Not-Starfleet-Academy, last of their kind guardian of the galaxy is so much worse than being a refugee from your people, a runaway criminal, or an adventurer that set out on their own in wanderlust, slowly gathering lore about the different peoples. It doesn't fill you with that spirit of adventure. It fills you with a spirit of duty, and that ruins way more of the Starbound Experience than it really ought to. I don't want to be burdened with a grand duty, guided into progression. I want to fuck around and progress as I see fit, slowly discovering the mechanics of the lands and heavens.

But no, there's a fucking tentacle planet that's eating everything. Gotta rise through the tiers and do a shit tonne of 20-bear-asses quests just to rise to the occasion!

I'm sure there's probably a good way to implement story in a sandbox game, but I don't think Starbound has it.

Music is truly good in Starbound. When you listen to it outside of the game itself. Because it doesn't fucking fits anything. It was probably written and composed during when they hadn't completely turned the game into a whacky goofy space adventures, so whenever some violins and pianos starts crying it sounds so fucking out of place in Starbound that just want to either turn it off or turn starbound off.

Terraria's music is far from amazing but at least it has a tendency to fit the area or situation at hand, and DOESN'T PUT YOU TO SLEEP.

It's a scam, dude...