WHERE MY PLATINUM GAMES BROS AT?

>LITERALLY WATCH IN ON YOUTUBE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ecxTK0kW5LM&list=PL7mnE1MCGOiGUoaAveNxig7BQsivOwNBx
youtube.com/watch?v=XgV0xdjKiRg
pastebin.com/VprGzbTK
youtube.com/watch?v=OO_d3fwTNPo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you 12 years old? Jesus Christ look at your post, who gives a shit? All caps too? The fuck is wrong with you son? Didn't you take your Ritalin this morning?

>not knowing about Taro's self-deprecating humor and irony

Of course the gameplay is gonna be league better than the one of DOD and NieR. The story will be as intense and crazy as the rest of the games, if not even more, pure Taro-style.

>Being unable to grasp sarcasm
That's a sign of autsim you know

which lets plyer should I watch for the first one?

did our boy pewds play it?

watch a longplay instead. no annoying commentary, just pure game run through.

youtube.com/watch?v=ecxTK0kW5LM&list=PL7mnE1MCGOiGUoaAveNxig7BQsivOwNBx

this one goes through entire storyline, whole game and all endings.

why are you yelling?

>GET FUCKED
???
automata doesn't need t have nier knowledge in order to be enjoyed? same as how in nier you didn't need drakengard knowledge to enjoy it. are you retarded?

Ironic bad writing is still bad writing.

should i watch this or hope for Nier on PC?

ironically calling your writing bad doesn't mean it is bad. unless you've already played the game, you wouldn't know if it was ironically bad.

I doubt there's going to be a port of any kind.

Probably watch it.

>Platinum
>good gameplay

So what went wrong with Legend of Korra? And Transformers Devastation? And Star Fox Zero? And TMNT Mutants in Manhattan?

Lack of effort
They were cash ins to get money for a half assed job

TF was great, the fuck you aying? Korra and TMNT were by the same director, and he's kinda crap. Zero was them just being asset monkeys, no actual gameplay related help.

It's a nice meme.

Platinum has 3-4 different projects going at any given time. Who knows which team you're getting.

Low paying, short production timed, licenced games they were on contract to make.
Transformers as least wasn't terrible.

But Transformers Devastation DOES have good gameplay

youtube.com/watch?v=XgV0xdjKiRg

Transformers Devastation was a great game, fag.
And Star Fox Zero is not a Platinum game.

>that
>good gameplay
that shit was just an even more casualized reskinned bayonetta

That looks generic as fucking hell. Is that the only kind of game they can half-assedly make?

platinum drones bro

Well, why not make the topic more Nier related?

I wanna know where I can get the books so I can get myself fucking caught up on the timeline.

Any option where I don't have to pay is better, since I just paid for fixing a cat's leg

Learn what words mean before using them

It had the Witch Time from Bayonetta, but everything else felt different enough to be it's own unique 5 hour thing.

based yoko taro
the more I hear from him the more I idolize him

his gamedev talk on youtube was really neat

>everything else felt different enough to be it's own unique 5 hour thing.

pastebin.com/VprGzbTK

Oh, thanks. I don't know why I never asked before. I appreciate it, user!

The latest TGS gameplay looked pretty good. What are anons' main concerns about the game? I just want more locations, the first game's world felt really small.

I put that '5 hour' thing in as a little joke.
Seriously though, what's with Platinum ALWAYS making short as fuck games? No matter the price? Bayonetta 1 and 2 are legit the only decently-lenghted games they've ever made.

>main concerns
platinum will do their shallow gameplay
MGRR comes to mind

I'm gonna get Ending A soon

Do i have to replay this whole sluggish shit again for different endings?

You start at the second half of the game for each new playthrough.

with action games, you tend to quickly burn through your assets

I never played MGR:R, and I'm unsure if this is bait. Please tell me why it's shallow.

>watching a 3 hour YouTube video
I think I'd rather spend that time actually playing games

Saying you don't need Nier knowledge for a game that shares the same name seems a little dumb, especially a sequel.

I think it's a little interesting also that they don't mention DOD3 at all even though clearly aspects of that game will be involved as well. I guess we'll see.

Then buy and play Nier then you retard.

don't get me wrong, the game itself is great
but the combat mostly consists of combos like

X,Y
X,X,Y
X,X,X,Y
X,X,X,X,Y

X= light attack
Y= heavy attack

jetstream sam DLC makes it better, higher stakes, more options

>you have to play Persona 3 before you play Persona 4

That's basically what you're saying

Oh I see what you mean then. Taura did MGR:R too right? It seems the combat will be similar in Automata, maybe even simpler?

It's only the second half, which you'll get through pretty quickly. Also the ending isn't the only difference on a second playthrough.

Most action games have to be short. The faster the pacing, the shorter they have to be to keep that pacing throughout the game. If you want to make a longer game you have to really make sure the gameplay is almost perfect, otherwise it will end up being repetitive. Which why Bayo is kind of long, but MGR is much shorter.

Automata's case is different because it's not really a standard cuhrayze Platinum game. Despite the combat, it's actually a slower paced game.

MGR:R is no more shallow than any other hack n' slash. In fact, i'd argue that the extremely precise timing required to beat the game on the harder difficulties makes it decently deep.

I'm concerned that it might be not worldwide release.

There are plenty of DMC-like moves like Killer Bee and Stinger in the game as well. The shockwave palm blast thing is also pretty useful as a combo finisher. I never thought of the game as a combo masher desu

>maybe even simpler?
I doubt it, the fact that you can switch between four weapons instantly is already an improvement over MGR.

Dont know about everyone else but i dont want to play more rehashed bayonetta combat.

For fucks sake do something original or at least slightly different.

>you can switch between four weapons instantly
yeah at least there's already that

going into a menu to switch your weapon was dumb

I'm not the kind of guy to play a game more than once, but I spent about 50 hours on Transformers
First few times I played it with the different characters (Grimlock was especially fun to play as), then I finally decided to up the difficulty since I was only playing on normal
It is a good game with plenty of content, but the lack of a Decepticon storyline is really disappointing.

is it the one about story structure? If not then link it.

gonna have to wait for granblue

it is
"backwards story writing and photo thinking"

it's what I've been doing for my own game for a while now, even before I watched him talk about it, which is why it resonated so much with me

Taro is known to have fucking abysmal self esteem. Of course he's going to have self deprecating humor.

>four weapons
Wait. We have shortsword, greatsword, and fists right?

I bet the demo will be a PS4 Japan exclusive, too.

Spears are also a DoD staple. Don't forget spears.

I thought Automata was only going to have those three. There's only a few months till release, was TGS the last appearance?

Is that in English? I can't seem to find it.

Should be in the GDC youtube channel, I think.

Taro confirmed you will learn to use boomerangs from a mysterious dual boomerang using boy.

>Using ayy
Did you really need to ask.

youtube.com/watch?v=OO_d3fwTNPo

Thanks.

Give me source.

Right here

>Bayonetta 1 and 2 are legit the only decently-lenghted games they've ever made
Did you play W101?

Oh, yeah.
Forgot about that. I didn't play it though.

This is legit the only series where you have people say they're "interested" in it but dont want to play the games.

Must be because of the mediocre combat?

Severe doubts.

Please elaborate.

I was you a few months ago, and against the recommendations of everyone (including my best friend who loves Drakengard) I emulated it.

It was painful, but I don't regret it.

The only DoD game that is a direct sequel is Drakengard 2. And Taro didn't even direct that one.

Well shit. Looks like I can forget about Nier.

i hate it when devs want players to look at concept art. i dont give a fuck just make something that works, has 60 fps on all times and is the kind of shit you can talk about with a friend

how did you emulate it

For starters the games are pretty functional and by no means bad, there are plenty other games with much worse gameplay yet people still pick them up and play. Kane and Lynch is a good example. And so many JRPGS

Methinks people just want to be in on the le epic storyline but dont want to take the time to fully appreciate the games for all they are - they want to feel "in" on the hype train. So they choose an inferior experience and try to feel good about it.

Same shit happened with MGS when V was releasing, newfags wolfed down the HD collection (out of order mind you) and flooded the threads with their bullshit.

The thing that annoys me is that people don't even try it. They're like "people say it's shit so I just watch an LP or something". The whole point of videogames is to fucking play not watch someone else do it. If you give it a chance and play it, but still don't like it, yet still want to know the story, then I guess it's fine, but at least try it.

PCSX2 emulates fine. Or at least works on my machine

you can play ps3 games on a ps2 emulator?

>Yoko Taro
OP if you don't know who this man is and how he interacts with people you shouldn't make these threads

Is this your first day in the universe? Of course not.

Drakengard 1 is on PS2. Drakengard 3 is on PS3.

i was talkjing about nier

If enough people get interested in the series, maybe one day we will have a Yoko Taro general in /vg/!
I really wish I could talk and hear more about this franchise.

Gotcha. It's human nature, I guess? NieR threads seem to be okay so far, though. I can only imagine the chaos once February comes.

What would you like to talk about?

Once story leaks happen as we near the release, threads will go to shit.

>Legend of Korra?
That was ok for a low budget game.
>And Transformers Devastation?
That was fucking great.
>And Star Fox Zero?
It's just hard to get used to. Besides, Guard is better.
>And TMNT Mutants in Manhattan?
Yeah, that's the only bad one.

I have a question about the first game that I don't think was ever explained.
After "saving" Yonah from the shadowlords castle is she cured of the black scrawl? Just because she became possessed by the "true yonah" before being returned to normal doesn't mean that her gestalt breaking down would stop, right? So even though Nier went through all of that trouble to save her that doesn't mean she's not going to die from the black scrawl afterwards right? Since ending A where they're sitting together by the village looks to be a flashback.

Mainly about Drakengard 3 since it's the one whose all other forms of media I have been reading recently.
I really hope that when the game drops, I'll become a gateway from people to get interested in the series.

I always thought that it was her clothes that were torn off, but it looks like it was her skin.

>is she cured of the black scrawl?
Unfortuanately not, in fact come to think of it Nier would probably be fucked too with his gestalt gone.

A Yoko Taro general would be great, but I'm not sure there's enough people interested to keep it going. We had a /dodg/ during the release of Drakengard 3, but it only lasted a few weeks.

She dies soon after the end of the game. There's no cure for the Black Scrawl because it's not even a disease to begin with, it's a defect in the replicant's DNA that starts breaking down when the Gestalt body relapses or dies

I think she'll still die by Black Scrawl, yes. Probably not too long after she gets out of the castle, too.

Then may I ask a question? Apparently, Automata will have a character from Drakengard 3. Any ideas? Do spoiler if you deem it necessary.

I feel kinda bad for Yoko Taro, not only did he witness one of his friends fall and die, but he also seems to have a self-hating attitude and depression.

Convoluted stories and weird shit are the only thing he got.

So far, they've said Accord will be at least mentioned. Adam has very similar clothes to her but it may be just a nod. On the other hand, Eve has a tattoo that's a direct reference to the Cult of the Watchers from Drakengard 1. And from Nier we have Emil, Popola, Devola and some possible mentions of Beepy. And all of this just from stuff they have confirmed themselves, who knows what else is going to happen. We also don't know who that mysterious character that represents "transcendence" is either

So far it seems like it will be the game that connects the most to all of his games.

He's a hack who interacts through facemasks.

>ritalin

That's before his time.

Robot is cool, but the leg clipping through the bottom of the torso bugs me.

But I also know that if the model blocked the legs, it would look wonky and easy to kill.

Why is he so pooperpeeved about nier

>Korra is low budget game
>but TMNT isn't
user, pls. All games sponsored by Activision are budget as fuck. Transformers were better because director was more expirienced than Korra\TNMT one and more efficiently used assets from Bayonetta\MGR. I bet Activision insisted on open world and 4 player coop for TNMT instead of usual stage based beat em up so you can't really blame Platinum for that.

He's jealous that Taro gets to work with Platinum.

I must be Accord
Everybody else doesn't seem capable to be there after the ending of the Story Side Novel which is the one that leads into DoD1

? Having played the first one is still a plus in my book since it's still a pretty goat game.

OFC you can play only Automata but it'll still make you inferior to the people who were happy as soon as they saw the first trailer at e3 because they got a followup to a great game that little people knew about.

You writing in all caps makes me think that you're just one of these 14 y/o riding the hype like you did for the souls games.

What if the returning character is the flower?

what if the flower isn't organic and is actually from automata timeline?

>So what went wrong with Legend of Korra? And Transformers Devastation?
Korra wind form has amazing gameplay

every body loves transformers car combos and i havent played devastation

>The black flower was sealed behind a high tech gate.
>The gate produces a hologram of a girl that looks like Accord when you try to access it.
>The gatekeeper has an advanced mechanical arm and is clearly not a normal human.
Seems plausible, maybe they sealed it away and sent it to another dimension just to be sure.

>RPG Site

I know Taro is...well Taro.
But to tell people not even to play the first game?

If you don't even need to play Nier I guess the novels are even more waste of a time?

What are you implying? Taro actually said that stuff.

kill yourself autist

The manga makes me sad. The girls used to have better chemistry and care deeply for each other, but time, the flower, space and the branches split them apart.
The part where they are all crying after reuniting with One is sooooooooooo cute!

>sealed it away and sent it to another dimension
And this would ultimately lead to the events that fuck up Nier's world in the first place, oops.

The city that appeared didn't just have the gate and the flower in it though, it also brought dragons with it and was the origin of magic.

Read The Dark ID LP. It's a screenshot LP but he has videos for the appropriate bits, fits very well if you don't wanna suffers its gameplay.

>2b touches it and smiles
>the pod is about to punch the screen

let's plays (or rather longplays. let's plays are for kids who look for another epic commentator they could emulate) are pretty much for people with no console so they can experience the game.

if you can play it, play it.

Dito was the worst disciple.

That's because he had the worst intoner.

Yeah, he would've had a grand time if he didn't summon Phanuel on impulse.

Two > Zero = One > Five > Four > Three

Four and Three are legitimately awful people. Five was just an impulsive brat. Zero and One try to solve the problems, but use despicable methods to achieve it. Two was probably the only genuinely kind-hearted Intoner.

5 wasn't that bad!
She fed poor kids, wanted to learn more and bought books to learn how to rule!
4 is way worse, she is passive aggressive cunt who hates everyone!
5 is just a liberated gal and a little greedy!

I really liked how he completely loses it after all the shit that's going on in one of the endings. Like, the amount of insanity that's happening is just to much for him and just goes completely nuts. It was very fitting for this game.

I like him, he's cute too. Decadus is probably my favourite disciple though.

But Zero is also a crazy murderer that hates the majority of things the world, yet wants to protect the few nice things in it.
ONE AND TWO DID NOTHING WRONG

SF0 is good. Korra and TMNT are tie-in shit. TD is tie-in not that shit.

Dito was always nuts. The guy thinks beauty is ugly, and ugliness is beauty. Branch D's Land of Forests was basically his paradise, and seeing a zombified Five was the cherry on top.

Korra was actual good, its just a shit franchise.

Transformers was great, you should kill yourself.

TMNT was Hacktivision and Platnium only helped with Zero, it was still Nintendos Seal Of Quality all the way

More developers should follow this way of making game stories as many endings are just sequel hooks and are underwhelming.

Rich Evans also pointed it out with the sequel hooks that I thought about also. Why bother with ending on some cliffhanger when you don't know if your game is going to sell? Just focus on making a nice story that ties up nicely at the end. If people enjoyed the game, they will buy the sequel.

Zero's a murderer by necessity, not because she has a fetish for murder like Dito or meme-Caim.

>yet wants to protect the few nice things in it.

Yeah, it's why I put her on the same tier of One. She at least wants to try and fix the world ending mistakes she made.

Why do you need to false flag? Everyone's already well aware of how annoying Platinumfags are.

Actually, disregard my statement about Zero being a murderer by necessity. I'm going through her novella right now.

Two > One > Zero > Five > Four > Three

>Zero's a murderer by necessity
Her backstory is her killing all sorts of people she didn't need to.

Yeah, he was always a butcher, but he still has some sanity left in him during the game. It's just in that particular branch that it's like the amount of mindfuckery gets too much for him and attacks you.

I recall her mentioning that she used to go on killing sprees when she was bored. I can't remember the source though.

Where can I watch it on Youtube?

>necessity
>There were some who didn't beg. One was a girl a few years my junior. Rage flared in her eyes as she lay into me. "Why!?" Why would you do this?"
>I continued to live like that for some time. Before I knew it, I had stopped searching for reasons or answers; I robbed people and killed them as easily as I drew breath.
At some points she even says she could have just stolen food instead of slaughtering people.
ZERO IS BAD AND TROUBLED HUMAN
ONE DID NO WRONGS AND TWO IS CHILL

Kek I made a thread about this last month and some faggot keeps on insisting to play the game rather than watch the cutscenes in youtube

Yeah even if her logic makes sense, it's still morally inexcusable.

So far in the novella, she just wiped out whole families she robbed, so no one would come after her.

Play the damn game.

>Meme Caim

It's not a fucking Meme. Caim realized that all his problems could be solved with a sword and embraced it. Sword goes in, problems go out.

>This notice confirms reception of your request for "books to learn about ruling." Our scholars feel the Roman Empire is fitting, and have thus prepared a fine selection. Additionally, it gladdens us to see that My Lady, already a wielder of great authority, wishes to learn more.
>This notice serves to inform you of the impending delivery of 200 works of art. Your order—"What's beauty?"—was difficult, but our experts amassed a carefully-selected collection of masterpieces. None, of course, could ever surpass the beauty of Our Lady, but we still look forward to receiving any feedback about the collection's quality.
>This notice confirms delivery of ten philosophy books you ordered. We pray they answer your questions "What is humanity?" and "What is happiness?" However, your recent order is on a smaller scale than previous, and when combined with the recent disposal of your treasure vault, we are worried. Please tell us if we have erred in any way.
>This notice serves to inform you that your invoice for the delivery of food to poor children has yet to be paid. We apologize for having to contact you multiple times, but with our company's finances in a precarious situation and Dito no longer replying to our messengers, we are in the dark on your status. Please supply payment when you can.
5 is more intellectual, not a mass murderer and not that mean.

I think that's supposed to be about how Five is trying to fill a void in her life by trying new experiences. She's young child more than anything else.

Truth be told, she and Three ought to be have switched Disciples if such a thing were possible.

5 hungered and craved in all senses of the words.
4 was petty and small, just like her chest.
3 desired to expand her horizons and would never stop
2 wanted a humble life and was crushed by her own overwhelming strength
1 grew numb to the world and simply played the part she was meant to play

>can you play ps3 games on a ps2 emulator
wat

There was a mixup in communication. I thought he was referring to DoD1 when he actually meant Nier.

Dragons were created by the Gods along with all the other races that end up inhabiting Midgard, except humans, right? And these Gods clearly don't like humanity for some reason. What if they're actually the aliens from Nier's universe?

>you can, not can you
my derp

It's probably like you don't need to play DoD1 to enjoy Nier.

That sounds dumb.

Oh, of course 5 has giant gaping emptiness inside her!
Dito mentions how her insides both emotional and physical, as in dragging them against the floor, are the things he doesn't despise about her because they both are unsightly in his novella.
Regardless, 5's actions were never as nefarious as Zero's and her greed stimulated the commerce of her land.

OP....did you know the inability to detect sarcasm and the lack of attention to social cues is a symptom of autism?

The Gods began to fear humanity because humanity's advancing technology right? So they fucked off, and made the dragons. Only the dragons went "fuck you, this our town now", and so then the Gods made the Watchers/Angels as another tool to wipe out humanity.

Man, the whole thing about Watchers/Angels is giving me Devilman flashbacks.

I wonder, how long did it take for DoD fans to realize that Nier was the result of Ending E?

That would explain why they have to keep trying to wipe out humanity and failing, you'd think genuine Gods would be able to just think them all out of existence if they really wanted them gone.

So, first Nier is a hard game to find, finding it at a reasonable price is even harder

what am I suppose to do?

It's around the 20-30 dollar range for the PS3 version. Cheaper if you go 360

By now every gameplay is better what Taro would normally do.

Op is retarded

>SWEARY talking about weird nonsensical plots

>Emil once shot eye lasers at the Gods

Taro has said that the story is bad and to expect little of it for every game he's done.

Every game he's done has been batshit insane and amazing.

It stands to reason, therefore, that Nier Automata's story will be batshit insane.

Also
>AYY GET FUCKED TARO SAID JUST WATCH IT ON YT
>THAT MUST MEAN THE GAMEPLAY IS GOOD AND THE STORY IS BAD RITE?

Think before you bait

Platinum will do brilliantly deep gameplay

Transformers Devastation comes to mind

After all, from a gameplay perspective, Nier A is closer to TfD than anything else Plat had done, by a country goddamn mile

>not looking in the artbook until you've finished the game
Well that's just obvious.

The question is if you can resist doing it.

Not long for those who read the Grimoire

I don't know, man. I want to hug Taro after reading that, guy seems like he's a self-hating mess that keeps on delivering because he loves other very much he feels he doesn't deserve them.

PS3 version is $18 at FUCKING Gamestop

What a hero.

He's probably just into self-deprecating humor

>rpgsite
yo is this like the only site that is actually doing hands on coverage at TGS?
RIP media sites

Gematsu is doing too.

Gematsu is on it
Nichegamer is also attempting to be on it, but they aren't good about updating on weekends