Has anyone tried GTA V Redux yet? What do you think about it?

Has anyone tried GTA V Redux yet? What do you think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

gtaforums.com/topic/792891-visualv/page-46#entry1069083501
gta5-mods.com/misc/naturalvision-photorealistic-gtav
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

inb4 faggots only focusing on "LE REAL LIFE ADS" which are shit tho

Why are these graphics mods always so contrast heavy

have no idea what i'm seeing.

also, is it possible yet to mod their shit and not have to keep two folders for online play? I really shouldn't give a shit if I get banned from online, but I'd rather not risk if it possible to avoid it.

It's gta v with redux(light)

For some reason all the Ultra presets don't seem to work for me

just checked it out. looks great.
too bad the gtag is online only. last time I tried to talk SP modding, I was met with hostility.

the creator stole a bunch of shit from another mod and this isn't the first time. Looks pretty cool though

>replaces in game satire ads with REAL ads
>REAL ADS
Yeah, no.

it wouldn't matter, anyways, since gta5 has less buildings you can enter than 4.

>grafix

Is there a mod that fixes the garbage cop AI and cop spawning mechanics?

Is it possible to install without the fucking 4k textures?

Because its not possible to download it without it, even though no one will have use for it and it just bloats the file size massively

I have sli 660 ti's, they have 2gb vram, and you cant even tell a difference between high and very high textures unless you have your face pressed against the screen, i dont want that ruining the performance

literally just play VisualV, same shit
gtaforums.com/topic/792891-visualv/page-46#entry1069083501

I really wish they stopped trying to shove those oversatured hideous color killing retard filters to make the game look "different" than original.

>polluting a game filled with artful satire of the real world WITH the real world
>because there's less content it's ok
Yeah no

I don't know but it changes the animations too. Cops react to where the bullets hit them now like in GTA IV.

>What do you think about it?

Same as any other graphics mod for any other game.
>I WILL REPLACE CAREFULLY CRAFTED TEXTURES WITH 4000000px PHOTOS! YEAH! THAT WILL MAKE THE GAME LOOK BETTER! ALSO MORE CONTRAST YEAH!

A few teenagers can't possibly know how much works goes into making the game look good. Shiny new shaders and high res textures aren't nearly enough. A good developer makes the textures and shaders and color correction work with each other.

>a team of developers with college degrees and years of experience
picrelated

>a graphics "enhancement" modder
LET'S GRAB THE BIGGEST TEXTURE FROM CGTEXTURES AND SLAP IT INTO THE GAME, ALSO WHAT IS CONSISTENCY

It honestly looks like shit. What happened to good mods? GTA4 almost looked like real life.

Because it's more appealing to the eye?

>>I WILL REPLACE CAREFULLY CRAFTED TEXTURES WITH 4000000px PHOTOS!
You know Rockstar themselves use photos for textures right?

GTAIV had tons of garbage mods. There are like 2 or 3 ENBs that look decent, everything else looks like total trash, and there are tons of it. Same shit with Skyrim.

Of course, every developer of a modern game does. The difference is that Rockstar didn't just grab the reference and slapped it into the game. It's all photoshopped and corrected to hell and back along with every other visual element, so every texture looks just right with any lighting, under any intended condition and so on. R* art team had a lot of talent at least, because the game looks gorgeous even on the old consoles. And trust me when I say that you just can't get that by playing with shaders and applying random high res textures.

I dont know why, but modders have no idea how to make high resolution textures look good. They always seem so poorly slapped in there, everything sticks out like a sore thumb and there is no rhyme or reason to any of it.

>they finally uploaded it to a site that doesnt have a 5 kb/s upload speed

>download still randomly fails 10 minutes after starting 1/4 of the way through

i swear to god if i cant install this shit without the textures that will make it run like garbage

I hope that's not a picture of it because that looks like shit

There's a torrent, dumb fuck

Yeah but GTAV has literally zero

Go pester Danvsw on youtube about this, he makes good ones

Avoid LEBIGMODCOMPILATION_REDUX_1.0FINAL like the fucking plague. All games included. STALKER is an excellent example, but GTA V is also concerned.

I love modders and modding but goddamn, some of them really do have their heads stuck up their arse.

You see this way more often in these graphic overhauls.

He basically stole 99.99 % of the popular gameplay mods actually available and made his shitty ass broken compilation out of it. Wouldn't be surprised if this shit is hosting one or two malware embedded in .asi files like the whole Angry Planes / NoClip mods fiasco.

>I WILL REPLACE CAREFULLY CRAFTED TEXTURES WITH 4000000px PHOTOS! YEAH! THAT WILL MAKE THE GAME LOOK BETTER! ALSO MORE CONTRAST YEAH!
pretty much

>things in the background still look like cardboard standups

I can't stand this shit, even with the distance scaling thing turned all the way up it looks like shit if you drive more than a few blocks away from it. What's the point of putting landmarks like this in the game if they're going to look terrible.

not just that. The real life ads look like utter shit. They don't blend in well at all.

>3.98 MB
have hiroshimoot increased the filesize limit?

What, you mean on distant terrain or in general? They're visible on distant terrain so you can see them and travel to them. Why the fuck else?

I thought it was always 4MB. Also all I did was open it in paint and add a red circle, lmao.

It's a landmark that you can see from almost every point in the city and from many apartments.

It should look good whenever you see it, yet it looks like shit unless you're close to it.

So what? If they can't make it look good from a distance then it shouldn't exist at all? You make no sense.

I'm saying make it look good from a distance or don't make it a focal point for most of the city.

What bothers me more are those hideous cartoon clouds. RDR had better looking skies.

>don't make it a focal point for most of the city.
The city is based on LA if you didn't know. The hollywood hill is visible from most areas of the city.

It is fucking stupid to do. I also hated the cab retextures in icEnhancer only because they read NYC in Liberty Fucking City.

>stupid mod which oversaturate picture and add a lot of idiotic shit like MUH REAL LIFE ADS
>people praise it like the second coming of christ
Come the fuck on. The only good addition is a little enhancement of Euphoria. That's fucking it. It's a small mod with a bunch of pointless shit.

They don't look too bad on the horizon then immediately switch to awful and stretched out.

Redux is pure shit. Go download Naturalvision instead, it uses VisualV as a base and is currently the most well received ENB.

gta5-mods.com/misc/naturalvision-photorealistic-gtav

I think you missed the point.

>tfw rockstar will never make a zombie expansion

>I also hated the cab retextures in icEnhancer
What are you talking about, icenhancer is an ENB, nothing to do with textures

You mad, stalker soup is the best shit ever

I think you don't know shit about game development and optimization.

Anyone have a 290x? Hows the frame drop?

Looks like ass

they did for RDR

Just another shitty thinly veiled ENB mod.

>you're not a developer so you can't have an opinion
K

City looks nice in the first pic.
Second pic looks nice except for the strange clouds and the glass part of the lamps being blurred differently than the posts.

Is this the same mod as the OP?

I want to kill faggots who thinks this looks better than regular gta v

Every graphics mod I have seen for gta v is just over saturated and desaturated colors

Your opinion is shit, similar to: hurr durr why games can't have realistic deserts where every grain of sand is rendered

>youtube screenshot

I want to kill fagglords that think screenshots of youtube videos are valid examples of bad graphics

there would be something wrong if the textures were like in that pic

Cool hyperbole. I'm asking for a huge building that's in the background constantly to look decent. The fact that you can't see the palisade unless you're a few blocks away is not acceptable to me.

It's time to upgrade you got :^)

He's clearly talking about the colors so it's valid

OP is Redux Light
The other ones are from the normal mod

>660ti sli
dafuq

Why is everything blurry in the distance?

Because DoF.

Which sucks. I tend to disable all that shit in the options menu whenever I can, especially motion blur.

Depth of field, hopefully you can turn it off.

Hey bud, wanna stop shilling your shitty mod?

Thanks,

Cred Forums

Bad DoF.

>it's a "some sweaty neckbeard thinks he can singlehandedly do a better job in his moms basement than an entire team can do in their multi-billion dollar facility with their gorillion dollar budget, and some how thinks that crushing the blacks and cranking up the saturation makes the game "more realistic looking"" episode

And sometimes they do.

how the fuck is that even relevant? there's a fucking shit load of in-universe ads in GTA V, probably more than IV. What the fuck do interiors have to do with anything here?

I didn't know the game allowed you to use a pallet for a hat

VEEE BTFOO ETERNALLLL BLEEDING

Funny how the existence of consoles has allowed for such an occurrence to exist. Any basement dwelling neckbeard can do better than a multi-billion dollar company of professionals, because those professionals are held back by console parity.

HWO WILL THEY EVER RECOVER?

ITT: WAAH I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!: the thread.

I like change, I just don't like change for the worst

>Real Life Ads
:^)

Is there a way to install everything but leave out the real-life ads?

Your mom only knows one color, black. Big black cocks for you that is.

>real life ads
hey retard, cluckin bell makes sense in GTA's world

Now seeing GET SOME NIKE SHOES is unrealistic, you fucking retarded modder

Michael is nearsighted :)

Dude stole a bunch of other mods for redux.

Including VisualV.

Fuck this guy, of course he is getting all the media coverage too from sites that don't know what the fuck the modding community has done so far.

I wonder if he got paid by companies to put the real life ads on the mod? Would explain the retardation of going that far to put them.

That would be pretty far fetched but I don't know what to believe anymore.

wow these dumb pieces of shit actually made the 4k textures mandatory

for the love of fucking god all i want is the fucking lighting engine

why are there some stupid fucking 4k textures and fucking anime characters in the game

modders are fucking sick in the head and need to be gassed

Is there any way to remove the real life ads from the mod? Just remove the files for just that?

then download some sweetfx and HDR mods or whatever, you don't even know what you're talking about.

Then use the lighting engine modification the author stole to use in this mod.

It's called VisualV

He's just referencing that meme video of cherry picked differences between GTA lV and V

DOF makes games look photorealistic.
Only a pleb would dislike it.

GTAV dayZ when?

no one plays MTA dayZ

I hate the clouds in every single one of these pics, just give me some nice clouds.