There are people browsing this board RIGHT NOW who think Zarya is over powered

>there are people browsing this board RIGHT NOW who think Zarya is over powered

Why do you think that is?

Because she is
Can't ride your free win train forever, shitter

if you play overwatch you should kys

Because her shields are unique in that they block all sources of damage, guaranteed, something no other character has access to. And she has a pair of them that she can deploy pretty much on demand and is rewarded for doing so with some of the highest DPS in the entire game.

western cucks complaining about russia as usual, nothing new move along

it has a ten year cool down and lasts for literally less than a second cool your fucking jets

>Winston Telsa and Reinhart Firestrike damages Zarya directly and does not increase charge, but also damages the shield by the same amount

They have a ten and an eight second cooldown and last for two, one for you and one for an ally. That's fucking 40% uptime on shields that negate ALL stuns and knockbacks and that's better than anything else in the entire game.

Zarya being in the game basically means you can't play any projecticle character without her having perma charge time.
Or Roadhog.

She is absolutely going to be nerfed. Zaryamains are trying hard to damage control for her now, but it happened to Widow and Mcree, and it will happen to her.

Thats 20 and 25% uptime, respectively.

And then only if you are spamming it, like a retard.

It happened to fucking g e n j i
the overwatch community is a bunch of fucking cunts

The fact you can instantly put up a shield on an enemy with cross-map range is ridiculous, there is zero counter play for her bubbles "Not shooting" them is not a counter, cause now they're just untouchable for two solid seconds.

Fucking retards will shoot her shield for free

>boo boo nerf her why isn't she kill when i shoot her bubble :(

>Instant start up
>Implying she can't just do it in response .
>J-JUST NEVER SHOOT HER THEN!!!11!!!

>bait shield
>wait
>kill target after without charging Zarya
That was hard

She's a solid, balanced hero who stomps at low skill levels because shit players don't understand how to handle her. She's a tank and can be nearly indestructible when coordinating with her team, so the key is to separate her from her allies. She becomes nearly useless when she's alone.

She stomps at pro-levels too.

>Zarya uses her shield
>stop shooting her
>get out or kill someone else
>her damage is laughably bad without charge
>kill her two seconds later

wow so hard

Zarya has been strong as fuck since way before shit like Genji became popular. I should know, I've been playing as her for ages and sit at around 71% winrate with over 400 games played as her.

When everyone was bitching about Genji, I was saying "but what about Zarya" and you guys laughed at me and told me to fuck off.
It's funny how you're all bitching about her now.

Anyone who says don't shoot her shields clearly don't watch the pro scene. If they can't keep her charge down, what fucking hope do pubs have?

There's no stomping going on at "pro" levels. Carrying, maybe.

To the people complaining that ots 2 free seconds of invulnerability:

-It is easily destructible by a focused team fire
-Reaper and Tracer have a LITERAL undo button and can be unkillable if played at their absolute best
-Two seconds is fucking no time at all, and Zarya's DPS isn't really that good with how difficult it is to keep a pencil thin beam on a moving target

>wait

I'm sure nothing will happen to you while you are waiting.

I want her to overpower my penis.

>stop shooting her
>everyone else on the team is still unloading into her while she's 2 feet away from you
>ded

>I'm literally too retarded to stop shooting the obvious shield because I have no impulse control
>watching the pro scene of anything but fighting games

>Zarya by herself on point
>puts up barrier and no one shoots at her
It only absorbs 200 damage, do people think it makes her invulnerable?

>Wait
>Target is literally untouchable
>Proceed to get fuvked for two seconds

Most offense and defense heroes can fuck you up in 2 seconds. If you're in a team situation (which you should be) then either your team will accidentally buff Zarya or everyone will ignore the bubbles target giving then a free 2 seconds of DPS. If you're decent with your aim that at least one easy kill

>I've never watched good DDs or tanks at a pro level
Lol. There is indeed stomping with Zarya and with DDs that all know what their doing.

Because if a characters only counter is "concentrated team work" or "a better[same character] on your team" then they are overpowered, in a game where other characters are completely shut down by the existence of another.

If they do nerf Zarya I just hope they don't overnerf her, I like her.

Don't play with retards then

Nah my dude I've been bringing her up since first month of release.
Zarya was the least played hero in the closed beta, barely ever touched, I knew that would result in her being overpowered or underpowered since she got the least testing.

Then suddenly on release she was popular as shit and dominating games. People in the Overwatch community don't really get what a "counter" is. They think if it can kill someone, it's inherently a counter.

It's impossible to keep her charge low because she can instantly pop it on an ally, and it only takes a single shot to give her 20-30 charge with heroes like Road, Reaper, McCree, etc and that's with six people running around.

How would you nerf her?
>Barriers already have a long cooldown and only last 2 seconds
>idiots are still going to shoot the barriers
>idiots are still not going to focus the charged Zarya and let her run rampent and continue feeding charge
>Slowest ult charge rate
>Takes some decent tracking to use her left click

Sounds this is a case of git gud.

It absorbs 200 damage but it will always fully absorb any damage while it's up. So if someone like Dva ults, Zarya can shield and block it all and walk out with a free 50% charge.

Yeah but Zarya is only good through concentrated team work. It's only fitting that the opposite is necessary to take her out. Aside from supports, she is easily the most team dependent character in the game.

Barriers don't have a long cool down, stop this meme.
I would probably add a delay to her bubble start up and halve the range on her ally shield.
Or cut her DPS across the board by like 20%

more

>2 seconds is no time at all
McCree has 140 DPS
Tracer has 140ish DPS
Genjis rate of fire is high enough to combo you do death in 2 seconds
Junkrat can kill you in 1 second if he's close enough
Mei can freeze you within 2 seconds
Torbs shotgun can kill you within two seconds

The list goes on. And if you're touching those shields Zarya DPS goes so high she'll certainly slaughter you in those couple of seconds.

That's assuming the bubbled target can aim

>Yeah but Zarya is only good through concentrated team work
False.

after zarya gets nerfed because of all the bitching, who will be the next hero shitters complain about?

The overwatch community batches more for nerds than any community I've ever seen, and I've been in the FGC Ssince the 90s. Holy shit, git gud

>literally just don't worry about her unless she's with her team
>have your entire team focus on her so even if she is powered up she gets no value off of it
>move around like crazy so it's harder for her to melt you with left click
>just remember that at anytime she can pop bubble, but once it's used up fucking go crazy on her while she's defenseless

Wew lads, that's a real over powered character. Why can't I just mindlessly shoot at her with my character? Why do I have to coordinate with at least one other person to completely fucking shut her down. I'm going back to CoD
Also, if the Overwatch devs planned on nerfing her, they would have DEFINITELY said something by now

No clue.
I predicted every major nerf within the first month, but my list ends at Zarya.

10% and 12,5%.. But whatever you want to stay mad

Was discussing this with some user's in a previous thread. If Zarya couldn't attack until her barrier was down or if Zarya's energy gain on barrier provided to allies were cut to 25 she'd be more manageable.

Reaper.

Then Zenyatta.
Then Tracer.
Then Roadhoad.
Then Genji again.

*bitches
*since
That's what I get for phone posting

People are conditioned to think that
>shooting barrier = bad
Because in any other circumstance, it is.

Overwatch is not designed for, nor targeted at intelligent people user.

Zarya is strong as fuck but she's not impossible to play against. She just requires you outplay her.

>be Bastion
>see Zarya
>she puts her shield up
>shred through her shield and kill her in less than a second
>still has zero charge

Fucking this Jesus Christ, if you have a team with communication it's not that hard

Roadhoad needs some changes but not a direct nerf.

Make his hook a projecticle (so it actually takes skill to land) but make it perfectly consistent in where it pulls people so the Road doesn't have to play a guessing game

>be bastion
user......

Zarya is just like mei, not overpowered, but just unfun to play against.
Mei slows a character down in a game all about movement, its not as bad as zarya since she is rarely a strong pick

Zarya punishes you for shooting her, the main point of the game. Playing against her feels incredibly frustrating. She, just like mei, disrupts the flow of the game.

Not overpowered, just misplaced.

Because shitters complain about everything. That's why they're shitters.
If you believe them then every hero is simultaneously overpowered and underpowered, the only difference being whether they're playing them or not.

>Slowest ult charge rate
>Ult that is NEEDED to win a game

And Genji still isn't where he needs to be. Until the hitbox on Reflect is fixed and he takes damage from melee attacks he'll always be one of the first in line on the nerf/balance chopping block for an adjustment.

Though I feel if you dropped him down to 150hp he'd be golden. Triple jump exploit and all. I feel a ninja should be a speedy glass cannon.

I don't play her, but Zarya gets me absolutely rock hard

Zarya's broken because of her shields and the ridiculous ultimate. If her shields didn't block and dispel every debuff in the game she'd be closer to where she should be. Ultimates need huge nerfs in general.

>hero designed specifically to counter tanks
>refuse to play him
>complain about tanks

because she fills a near-mandatory niche as her bubbles are the only thing that can play around many abilities such as hogs hook, anas grenade, zens orb, etc
her bubbles wouldnt need to be so good if other characters actually had counterplay

I feel like a lot of people bitch about zarya because they don't know you can pop her shield
The second it gets to 50% charge it breaks and then you can just fuck her for 10 seconds

Her ultimate is actually perfectly fine.
Long charge time, gets counter by Lucio ult, Zen ult and Rein shield and it's hurt by D.Va shield.

I don't think Zarya is OP at all. I'm just laughing at >be bastion. How sad, desho.

MUH UNBREAKABLE META
2 TANKS LUCIO ZENYATTA AND 2 DPS ONLY
NO DEFENSE HEROES IN THE META

>Wait

The people that say this shit don't play the game

I feel like a lot of people defend Zarya cause they always imagine the best situation for the player and the worst for the Zarya, meaning they don't take her teammates into consideration, ever.

People who give advice about how "easy" it is to handle Zarya seem to forget that Zayra also has a fucking team. You also need to assume neither Zarya nor her team backing her up are fucking morons.

I'm not even complaining about Zarya, but your conclusions are terrible.

It's because most people on Cred Forums are autistic and therefore are unable to apply contextual limits to rules they've been told.

They hear "don't shoot the Zarya shield!" and think that it's a 100% ironclad rule when shooting through the shield to kill her and prevent her from backing off is 100% necessary to stop Zarya from rolling over your team.

Every time I see a Reaper refusing to shoot a bubbled Zarya with less than half her health left I cry a little.

She may not be OP but I'm tired of getting rekted by really good Zaryas.

Her ults not even her strong point. Really easily countered and on it's own it doesn't do anything. Plenty of other AOE ults in the game that will just flat out kill a team if they're used correctly. Also the charge time on it's fucking insane.

I play Zarya lol, that's how I die, people wait out the bubble and then concentrate fire

>Why do you think that is?
Because they are the ones retarded enough to shoot her shields then complain she kills them

truthmind

Yeah because every encounter with Zarya is a 1v1 where her team is not present.

>enemy team has a Mei AND Zarya

They only shield for 200 damage you idiot

Pop the shitty bubble and kill her. A dead Zarya has 0 charge.

As a Zarya player I've noticed it's become progressively harder to get and maintain high charge. People are slowly learning to not shoot the bubble.

Yes and all those need a nerf too so the game stops revolving around speed nigger and zen

Please don't lie to me
While we're waiting, the rest of your team is ramming my asshole

If, IF, she does some how get nerfed, then it's gonna be on her Ult. It's a really nice team wipe set up and lasts for a pretty large amount of time. So even when she gets nerfed it won't be for what you shitters are complaining about :^)

But at least that would be we'll see more Reinhardt for kill set ups, which means I get to play Winston more

of course bastion belongs in the meta. the bronze meta.

Reaper fucks her up. Mei can fuck her up. Pharah pretty much doesn't have to worry about her. Make sure Roadhog hooks her after she has used the shield already. Make sure you finish her off when she waddles away. Make sure your entire team knows not to shoot the shields (even you, Junkrat)

>can't lose health
>large health pool already
>I'M GOING FOR THE TOLMNESTEER
she needs a fuckin nerf

It sounds to me like either you're really bad at teammfights or you go in without your tank and tank-killer

>play Zarya
>enemy team baits my projected shield, then fucks my team for 8 seconds while I can stand there and do nothing
Thanks

Conversely it's your team's fault for not destroying Zarya the second her shield is down. You're complaining that the enemy team coordinates while yours doesn't.

This bitch needs to be nerfed asap.

>all zarya encounters are one on one
>zarya doesn't have 5 other characters on her team
>"just have you entire team concentrate on her"

The only thing I'd argue Reaper needs is a spread adjustment to his gun. Dude can take off chunks of health even at mid-range.. I generally do this to make frontline Tracer's retreat or to force their Recall but I fucking hate when I'm attempting to turn a corner and run from a Reaper and he's firing down the fucking street and still whacking me for chunks of health when he should be nailing me for slivers. Fucker. But that's about it. Reaper's role as an assassin wouldn't be hurt by something like that.

Though I'd love if you could control the duration of Wraith Mode. Pop in and then pop out at your own discretion. That'd be fucking awesome.

It'd have to go back to Genji, Hanzo and potentially Tracer/Lucio. Lucio having a 4 second cooldown on his alt+fire is ridiculous when Pharah's Concussive Blast has a fucking wait time of 12 seconds. Lucio's alt+fire even deals 25 damage on hit while Pharah gets fucking nothing. That's backwards to me.

>DURR DON'T SHOOT DUH SHIELD
but that's wrong.

You don't shoot the shield if she's in a safe position trying to bait out some charge. If she's popping the shield to protect herself as she backs off then fucking shoot it and kill her.

Shields protect for up to 200 damage, two normal heroes or a single tank-buster can chew through that shield and then the rest of her tiny health bar instantly.

The best way to keep Zarya's charge down isn't avoiding her bubbles, IT'S FUCKING KILLING HER

She has the lowest tank health pool, the fuck are you on about?

More like it sounds to me that people seem to think the way to deal with a single character is a 1 v 6 while everyone focuses on one character and her other 5 team mates get to mow you down for free because you're not paying attention to them.

He was at 150 in the beta and they realized that was fucking retarded and he was useless. He has no means of hp recovery and his only damage mitigation can be pierced by Winston, zarya, Mei, and symmetra

>It takes a team worth of people to do 200 damage
Have you ever played Overwatch?

Lowest tank health pool yet she's the only tank where half of her health pool completely regenerates.

It fucking baffles me how many people on Cred Forums and overwatch in general are so attrociously bad at the game
How the fuck do you not know how to team fight?
How do you get stomped by a single character no matter who you're playing?
Is this your first fps?

Literally kill yourself.
I know this is bait but I'm still mad.

>complaining that tanks exist

that's literally why they're in the game

Do you play the game?

It's almost as if that mean you should burst her down before her shield comes back up.

Roadhog exists and his self heal is more reliably than Zaryas shield regenerating after like 5 seconds of avoiding damage.

dunno about winston, but firestrikes definitely increase charge.

It's almost like she has a team, including healer(s) backing her up.

Let me make it real simple for you since you seem pretty retarded

>Is she popping the bubble at the start of a teamfight for charge? Don't shoot it, shoot her teammates and wait for it to go down then fuck her because she has no way to escape
>Is she popping the bubble while hurt to back off? Fuck her sideways through it you moron.

Zarya is powerful, she has great utility, but she is very very far from OP. You and most likely your teammmates suck dicks at dealing with her.

Like every other tank in the game?

>"it takes a team of people to do 200 damage"
>leaving Zarya at 50% charge
>then 400 damage to Zayra with 200 being regenerating shields
>all while her team mates are engaging you and your team at the same time while you try and kill this one character because the most common way to deal with Zayra is "have your team focus on her"

I remember playing during that period of time. I loved it. Because I loathe Genji. In my perfect world he'd go back to 150hp but, shit, I'd settle for adjusting his reflect hitbox and making it so he can no longer just sit back and be tickled by melee attacks whenever he throws it up. That's horse shit.

Unlike every tank in the game she has high consistent DPS that puts most of the cast to shame, and can make an ally untouchable from across the map.

>I should be able to 1v1 Zarya at every point in the game

WëW

Too bad you don't have one of those, right?

It's not like Pharah and Reaper and Roadhog and McCree and even fucking Mei can crush her or anything right Hoss?

Yes
I main 76 and Zenyatta, but I've never had any problems with zarya

>t's not like Pharah and Reaper and Roadhog and McCree
You mean easy charge meter?

>popping the bubble when she did it at the start of the fight at full health
Oops, you're one of those autists user was talking about who can't handle context!

Here, retard:

Dva and Roadhog are both capable of out damaging Zarya at short range.

That's why it is so hard. Zarya has horrendous dps when she isn't the lest bit charged.

She has terrible mobility, unlike Winston and D.Va
Her self heal is dwarfed by Roadhog's
She can't out damage Rein unless she's almost full charge

Two shots from Pharah kills Zarya. Three if she bubbled at full health when you shouldn't try to shoot it.

Reaper can tear through the bubble and her entire health pool in three shots

McCree can do so in 4

Roadhog just has to bait the bubble with M2 before pulling

You're fucking terrible at the game.

>Dva
Zarya is a counter for D.Va
Alright I'm done, not sure if it's genuine retardation or shitposting, but I don't got anymore time for you idiots.

She's overpowered because she's a symbol of SJWs.

>I play against shit Zaryas that blow their shields at the very beginning of a firefight

Okay man. And we'll just ignore that she can shield team mates. Making two targets within a single fire fight you cannot shoot least you give her near max charge.

Guys roadhog is fucking seriously busted
His hook and damage are OP along with the 500000 health heal
>le just shot him
>le just focus him
WOW IT'S AS THOUGH HE HAS AN ENTIRE TEAM WITH TWO HEALERS BACKING HIM UP
LOL JUST DO 600 DAMAGE WITH HIS SELF HEAL AND 2 HEALERS BRO

Zarya is an outspoken racist

>ever picking d.va when the enemy has a zarya

he's not even talking about D.Va encountering Zarya, it's a response to someone claiming she has way too much DPS for a Tank

>b-but muh counters

just like sjw's

She's only a counter because laser ignores defense matrix and you can shield Dvas ult.

Dva still out damages Zarya and in a straight up fight will win against her. Dva is also the hard counter to Zaryas ult.

Because her ult is single-handedly game swinging under almost all but the worst usages. Anyone who complains about the shields doesn't understand how they work.

Oh man, it's almost like there are two possible ways for Zarya to use her bubble and ways to counter both.

But nah, that's too hard for spergs. There has to be one set way to deal with something that always works or it's just too hard.

She's nowhere near an over-used pick and can be countered extremely easily even in deathball vs deathball, but she needs a nerf because you're too retarded to make decisions based on context :3

She's a big girl

Literally invalidated Dva with her existence because she counters her in every conceievable way and is in every game

She needs a fat nerf

Do you even play the game?
I guarantee you're not ranked higher than me, I'm a 2300 gold

Stay mad dva fag

Her ult is absolutely the best tool she has and the only thing anyone could consider even remotely OP but its massive charge time and the need to have another ult to coordinate with makes up for that. By the time Zarya and an attacker has their ults the other team's Lucio or Zen or Mercy should have theirs to prevent/counter the team wipe.

>2300 gold
>Thinkinf this is good
Don't take the bait...don't. You. Dare.

>Zarya is not an over-used pick

Christ what is with you people and assuming 100% perfect scenarios?

>Hey let me just have you stand still while I shoot you with 100% accuracy yeah?

I would be platinum if it wasn't for getting stomped by fucking guaranteed zarya every game

>I'm a 2300 gold
That's not something to brag about, you're significantly below average.

Zaryas ult is strong as fuck. But it's balanced by the fact that it takes longer than almost every other ult in the game to charge up, and actually has a massive range of counters (and on it's own it's not even that useful).

It's her shields that are strong as fuck.

>Whaaaaaaaaaaaa I can't main a hero in a situational game about switching up heroes based on counters.
This is what you sound like. I only have two words of advice for yourself, and they rhyme with git gud

>"M-MUH EPIC NERD WAIFU IS USELESS AGAINST HER A BLOO BLOO BLOO"
D.Vafags truly are the worst.

This is what I've gathered from the people who seem to think it's easy dealing with Zarya

>the Zarya is retarded
>the Zarya engages 6 opponents alone at all times
>the Zarya has no team
>the Zarya cannot shield team mates for charge
>the Zarya will stop shooting you while you wait for her bubble to go down

Best way to deal with Zarya is your own Zarya. There is a reason why she has near 100% pick rate.

She's B tier and that's mainly due to inflation because she's a must-have on KOTH where Reinhardt is garbage and never picked.

Not him, but what is the average? I used to be 65 but after the rank changed I have no idea what the new average is.

>No rank seen in that pic
Yeah I bet if I was in Bronze I'd be mopping up too, kid

Competitivefags are the worst part of every game. You killed splatoon and now you are killing overwatch

Sorry, I assumed you didn't suck. See, people who are terrible at a game have no right to say anything about balance.

According to people who suck, Bastion is overpowered.

>junkrat
>d.va
>low tier
What the fuck

It says 3000 at the top. No wonder you're so bad at this game, you're either blind or stupid.

>It's her shields that are strong as fuck.
No, you just suck

You blind?

It says SR3053, diamond, if Blizzard hadn't shifted everyone down it'd be the equivalent of SR61, so probably closer to SR66 in terms of season 1 ratings

genji really needed that nerf. look at how many fucking genji mains there were in top 500

he's the most unhittable character, most mobility, and can also one shot your healers then deflect for a free escape if he doesn't decide to use ult and wipe your entire team

>I don't play the game.
'kay.

From what I gathered from people who think Zarya is OP
>there's no tank killing hero in the game
>every team with zarya on it is 10/10 god tier and never shows up without 6/6
>teammfights just mean shoot people with no strategy or priority
>every situation the enemy zarya in is perfect 100% of the time

Zarya doesn't counter Zarya what are you talking about? The trick is to burst through if she shields a low health target. Don't let her stop you from getting a kill. When you have the numbers advantage and her ability to protect her team is gone you can make quick work of her.

>what is the average
50 / 2500

2000-3000 is 88% of the player base
3000+ is 6% of the playerbase
2000- is 6% of the playerbase

No one gives a fuck about Splatoon. Stop bringing it up.

>you can't hit her roughly 20% of the time she's alive

That, I guess

>There is a reason why she has near 100% pick rate.
user her pick rate is barely above 50% and it's inflated by KOTH stats

You may be retarded.

Junkrat is good for breaking a rein shield but doesn't have the accuracy to actually finish off targets

DVa is just overshadowed by all the other tanks. In a dive comp you'll want Winston over DVa, on KOTH you want Zarya and Winston, and in a death ball for attack/defense you want Reinhardt/Zarya or in super speshul cases Reinhardt/Roadhog.

It's based on pick rate and junkrat is garbage on most maps and the maps he does well on he's not going to be picked over more useful characters. Dva can't do anything against a tank heavy meta and she doesn't counter any of the heavily used characters

This shit is getting almost as bad as the Dota threads.

>user A: Character X is stupid because it does way too much for zero effort.
>user B: Fucking gitgud, just use your mind control powers to force a team of at least 4 other players (5 in OW) to do this exact thing and have their cooldowns off in unison to counter a player pressing one or two buttons.
>user A: That's fucking stupid and you know it.
>user B: *smug anime face*

I swear, people think "rational discussion" means assuming unrealistic scenarios like "unreasonably hard to beat but still beatable = balanced" and "being a whiny, moaning asshole in a video game should be the norm and I should have absolute control of my teammates so I can cover my paper-thin ego with a ranking number" and "if I say it enough it'll come true".

i.e. "Fuck discussion, tribalism rules!"

>the meta
I want this meme to stop

>fuck data, fuck the fact that Zarya is only a must-pick in KOTH, and fuck the fact that I'm a below-average player who has no fucking clue how the actual meta is laid out at the moment, I know way better than everyone else and anyone who disagrees with me must have voodoo mind control powers or something if they're able to deal with this character without sperging out

The general perception seems to be that an ability having counters is not a valid reason to consider it balanced. Also, considering a mercy ult a counter to zarya is faulty logic. Part of the problem in my opinion is the immediacy of the pull, meaning the reaction time and windup for counter ults still leave a huge window for getting your team blown up.

I disagree though, you don't need another offensive ult to make Zarya's useful, having several or all of the enemy team immobilized in the same place is incredible for pretty much any offensive ability.

>top 4 pick rate of heroes in a game with 12 picks per game
>using 'B tier' as a label when the categorization doesn't distribute among the full tier list
>weekly/limited data

you're gonna have to do better than that

If you don't care about meta then why are you bitching about tier lists? Just play your epic torb on attack and stay ignorant of everything

see

I guess pros are retards then, huh. Makes you think.

Why does every game have to develop and unbreakable meta that prevents people from just casually having a good time? Why does it always have to become a competitive dick waving contest?

Zarya is my most played Tank and my 3rd most played character overall. I love her gameplay and her abilities and ultimate and I just think she's fun to play.

She's easily one of the most overpowered characters in the game and absolutely needs changing

Oddly enough D.va is the only one who can completely nullify her ult.

>The general perception seems to be that an ability having counters is not a valid reason to consider it balanced
Who gives a fuck about the general perception? The general perception is almost always wrong.

>considering a mercy ult a counter to zarya is faulty logic
No, it isn't. Zarya with an attacker ult can set up a team wipe if the other team positions themselves poorly but can counter with Zen or Lucio ults or a Mercy res.

>the reaction time and windup for counter ults still leave a huge window for getting your team blown up
It really doesn't. Zarya's ult does next to no damage, the damage comes from a teammate's ult. If it's successfully countered then one team used two ults which were countered by one and the other team has ult advantage. Git fucking gud.

>I disagree though, you don't need another offensive ult to make Zarya's useful
Then you're a gold-tier shitter because using Zarya's ult on anything but a quad kill to team wipe is a massive waste.

>You're gonna have to do better than that
Better than what? Concrete proof that Zarya isn't OP? We've seen OP in Overwatch before. McCree was OP at two separate points. Zenyatta and Lucio were 100% picks.

>Why is competitive mode a competitive dick-waving contest?
Quickplay is also in this game you know

Is this a he/she/it/gender fluid?

I don't want do insult the safe space of the Nu Male fan base of Overwatch by not identifying the right gender.

>implying competitive cancer didn't bleed into quick play
The game was better when blizzard was adamant about not putting a competitive mode in, I don't know why they went back on that.

Except no.

genji, reinhardt, lucio, zenyatta

Arguing is fun and all, but you guys have to know she's getting banned right? Anyone with critical thinking skills can see she's too strong.

>why does every game have a meta
Because they exist you stupid motherfucker. Everything with a set of rules has a meta. It's an emergent property of any system with rewards and punishments.

And no, the meta is not immutable and is constantly changing. In fact right now 3/3 (tank/support) and 3/2/1 (tank/support/hanzo) is starting to challenge 2/2/2 in the meta.

If you don't want to play competitively there's a nice little mode called quick play you can fuck around in. Stay there.

Except Zarya and Rein. Literally in every single game ever (Replace rein with winston on koth)

She's a hardcore Russian racist, about as far from an SJW as one could possibly be.

But don't let facts get in the way of your shitposting

Lucio again

You realize that dumbfuck kids come into quick play doing the exact same shit right? If you don't want to deal with MUH META you have to play ai matches with aimbot 76 and homing missile Zenyatta.

Zarya is a bad pick on defense but an integral part of the attacker death ball.

Zarya also functions in dive comps/KOTH as a bubbler for Winston

Being useful in a variety of compositions does not make someone overpowered. Lucio is still the closest to OP and he's absolutely not.

Prenerf Widow and McCree kept her in check but oh wait they got nerfed. People should learn to deal with it.

Are you pretending to be retarded? Lucio does no damage and has to be in your face to hit you with m2. Pharah shits out damage and can use concussive shot it from literally anywhere

I like this game but I can't play it, I legitimately don't give a shit where Zarya stands. But that's beside the point, it's the attitude. Competitive stats aren't the be-all end-all of balance. You balance games like that, and you get shit like Dota 2 where the pros are always using safe, reliable shit, and that gets nerfed into the floor where something that was already sleeper OP or waiting for a specific (actually OP) character to fall out of the meta gets an insane buff for the tenth patch in a row. This train of thought was the cancer that killed Dota.

At some point you have to theorycraft and do the math and reasoning on why certain things are disproportionately hard to play around, not just use fucking pick/ban rates and shit like that. Pro players are human too, they're not some sort of immortal pantheon of gods that make the rules. I mean, this depends on the game, obviously OW pros aren't gonna be fucking braindead like Dota pros, but my point still stands.

>play as Zarya
>almost always have a personal heal bitch because they expect me to fuck things up

Then go play a game that isn't an online shooter you retard

If you think prenerf mccree was at all acceptable you are delusional. Being an "everything"buster is not good

I'd increase the cooldown of his alt+fire to 5 or 6 seconds. 4 fucking seconds to push niggers off the payload/stage is too quick in my opinion. I don't give a fuck about his dealing 16 damage per shot or a potential 64 in a single burst if all of them connect.

OR blizzard could have kept the game as originally stated and not caved in for MOBAfags looking for their next fix

>Make a character designed to stop flankers
>Can't even do that anymore

Yeah sure

Why are people pretending there's no mera and the game is balanced?

Literally every ranked plays the same, always Lucio/MCree/Zarya/WinstonOrRein with the other two heroes being a sniper or Genji

The game is at probably the best balance it'll be at for the entirety of its existence because everyone is moderately viable but (like always) someone's main is going to be hard countered by a character and demand it be nerfed. Its the vicious cycle of these character, skill-skill-ult type games

You couldn't deal with prenerf McCree because he was broken. A flashbang+fan combo was a death sentence to any character he came across. Rolling and then fanning a second time would delete a tank's health within seconds. It was fucking ridiculous. A band of roving McCree's ambushing and assassinating other players was not a fun experience.

>Zarya is a bad pick on defense

How exactly

The Graviton Surge lumping everyone up for a nice clean wipe and the ability to grab people when they come through the choke?

Her 400 health pool
Her ability to keep the other 5 defenders alive while putting out her own serious damage?

Was just playing on Numbani, and the best defending strat we found was just the team guarding the best flanking route (To the left of the highway, up the stairs and through the building leaving above the point), wherein Zarya bubbles herself, runs in to zap some niggas, then backs out as I come in with rein shield

Then I move in, firestrike, and swing a couple times as she bubbles me.

Then I back out and keep the shield up, and we just rotate shields in and out to continuously apply pressure to the flankers and prevent them from getting through.

And because of our massive health pools backed up by healers and shields, the enemy cant get through with us in the way, stalling the game out for ages and wasting their time.

We won 4-3, because they took twice as long as us to cap all 3 points due to the stalling tactic and we comfortably cap the first point again for a win

>Competitive stats aren't the be-all end-all of balance
True, you need to look at global stats as well as competitive play, but COMPETITIVE PLAY MATTERS FAR FAR MORE.

>You balance games like that, and you get shit like Dota 2 where the pros are always using safe, reliable shit, and that gets nerfed into the floor where something that was already sleeper OP
And if you balance based purely on global stats you get the Evolve model where things that are OP as fuck or completely terrible stay that way forever because the average player can't take advantage of the OP thing or doesn't know what to do against the UP thing.

global stats will always tend towards a bell curve for obvious reasons; when they deviate significantly it means there is likely something VERY VERY broken about a character, but just because stats are even doesn't mean the character is good. In order to actually make changes you MUST look at the HIGHEST LEVEL of play.

Go die to the utter trash that is Bastion and Tor some more.

Now he's a nothing buster :^)

You've slipped into full defensive autism and completely missed the point of most of what I said.

>No, it isn't. Zarya with an attacker ult can set up a team wipe if the other team positions themselves poorly but can counter with Zen or Lucio ults or a Mercy res.

Mercy ult is a response to a team wipe, not a displacement ult. Zen and Lucio are counters in that they can prevent the wipe.

>It really doesn't. Zarya's ult does next to no damage, the damage comes from a teammate's ult. If it's successfully countered then one team used two ults which were countered by one and the other team has ult advantage.

My point was that you don't necessarily need to pop another offensive ult to take advantage of a good Zarya ult.

>Then you're a gold-tier shitter because using Zarya's ult on anything but a quad kill to team wipe is a massive waste.

Utter nonsense.

>Better than what?

Better than limited data sets which don't even support your argument.

>Git fucking gud.
>you're a gold-tier shitter
Maybe take a nap or something

>OR blizzard could have kept the game as originally stated and not caved in for MOBAfags looking for their next fix
It was originally an MMO

And guess what: MMO's have a meta too.

All games have a meta. If they didn't they wouldn't be games.

Fucking Monopoly has a meta.

Kill yourself.

Ding ding ding, bingo.

Every game has a metagame. That's fine. What people need to stop doing is pushing some specific meta like it's the gospel truth or some shit, and curbing the game to fit within that. Then you get shit like kids giving up 2 minutes in because somebody didn't follow the most upvoted guide on somegamefire.com to a T.

People need to just learn to find their own way and try cool stuff, then learn from it. This "never experiment with anything ever or else you're an anchor" mindset is killing us. Guess what, if you don't try things out of the box, you don't learn. Then you turn into a LoLbabby or something.

t. console fags

You don't need an ult to counter Zaryas ult though.

Dva can negate it and even if she doesn't she can stop you from making use of it. Likewise, Reinhardt can stop you from doing shit after using it.

But there are many ults in the game that can stop it from being used to any effect.

>that Winston who fucks your shit up

that's me

Do you niggers not know how to aim and just used fan as a clutch? He can two shot every 200 health target from decent range and flashbang is still a death sentence for uncareful flankers or any nontank caught offguard.

Heroes currently not viable:

>Dva
>Bastion
>Junkrat
>Widowmaker
>Torb

Heroes that are only just about fringe viable but in dire need of buffs to not be jokes

>76
>Symmetra

Heroes too powerful and in need of a slight retouch

>Zen
>lucio
>Zarya
>Rein
>MAYBE McCree, very slightly

Everyone else: Good senpai

Sounds like a case of the git guds

>Graviton surge...
Takes a long time to charge up and gets you a single team wipe. While that's amazing on attack as a single team wipe means you got the next point or checkpoint, Defense needs to focus on preventing teamwipe.

400 health is the lowest of all tanks
Bubbles don't protect from wipes, they're good utility in teamfights but they're not a Rein shield.

To be perfectly honest the second tank on defense doesn't really matter, it's down to player preference and counters.

>I was just
No one cares, you're not pro.

But Zarya doesn't feed the enemy team's ults

McCree is literally one of the stronger heroes in the game right now, what are you smoking

I honestly thought this thread was just gonna be Zarya waifu posting

>Mercy ult is a response to a team wipe, not a displacement ult. Zen and Lucio are counters in that they can prevent the wipe.
Yes, almost as if using the Mercy ult functionally "counters" the goal of the Zarya+ ult
>My point was that you don't necessarily need to pop another offensive ult to take advantage of a good Zarya ult.
And you're 100% wrong.

If you're going to try to defend yourself against accusations of sucking then post Overbuff

the only reason zarya is overpowered is becuase retards don't understand you don't have to shoot 24/7 in her direction
she's actually useless if you stop

Stats AT ALL are the problem. That's literally a worse flavor of the same shit. Studies by observing data from a scenario are a supplement, not a replacement for thinking ahead.

If you're engineering for instance, you don't go out and throw different payloads on different bridge-like landmasses and then assuming an actual artificial bridge of that size will support that weight. You do the math and figure out how to make that shit carry its weight.

I understand that you're not supposed to balance around low-level play. That's good. What you're not supposed to do is carelessly throw numbers at the database and throw in/remove random character utilities without taking into account what they're going to do to the game. Also, realistically, you can't balance a game around theoretical perfect play, because after some point it just becomes a matter of "A is the strongest option in the game because it's only slightly stronger than B, but requires less effort than it takes character C to do half the work".

Also, shit like nerfing a character really harshly that was the only thing keeping character D in check and becoming god tier themselves.

>literally hit every single head shot in a game where literally every character has a blink, dash, shield, or heal

Ok

>Durr team wiping isnt effective because they can respawn and just try again

Except it also counters their big pushes and saves the point, meaning it definitely fucking is worth it

>400 health is the lowest of the tanks

Which means fuck all because its still double the majority of the heroes

>No one cares, you're not pro

Post rank if you're gonna shit talk senpai

>Can't stop flankers
Aiming at heads after a flashbang is hard, huh?

Not due to his Fan

>I understand that you're not supposed to balance around low-level play
Do you? Because that's what you've been suggesting.

Your basic assertion, that Zarya's bubbles are too easy to use and too difficult to play around, is totally unsupported. It's just you and a bunch of other terrible players whining.

Fuck you

why literally doing one thing somehow make a character good?

That is true. Its useful in fringe scenarios but a very minor part of his kit

I didn't say team wiping wasn't effective, I said it's nowhere near as important or useful for defense as it is for offense. Do pay attention, son.

>tanks have more health than other heroes!
Yes, very good Billy! You get a gold star!

>post rank
Already did, you lose your gold star.

Winstons lighting, widow poison, symmetra balls, and reins fire strike should go through zaryas shield and do damage without giving damage the passive
the bubbles should act as reinhardts barrier rather than blocking your hp bar from the game
effectively, she only has soft counters and you are screwed if she farms the dmg above 50

Because if that one thing is murdering everyone, thats pretty good

140 damage headshots going off twice a second aint no joke son

Remember he's one of the very few heroes in the game with access to a stun too

> the most common way to deal with Zayra is "have your team focus on her"

Found the DPS shitter.
Your one job is to focus DPS on a character that's high importance. Zarya, who will wreck havoc if left unchecked, is one of those. But fucking scrubs don't think that because she's a tank.
If you can't do that then switch to tank or support. You're just feeding enemy ults.

I'm so tired of these low-tiered diamond ranks not being able to deal with heros.

By your logic, mercy is a hard counter to everything which does damage or facilitates damage.

>And you're 100% wrong.
No, YOU'RE 100% wrong.

Just don't shoot the shield

>zarya is a "bad pick on defense"

Just post more of this dyke goddess

Two two shot targets yeah you need to be able to land one headshot and one bodyshot that's not hard when you're at optimal range and know how to aim. If you use flashbang it's even easier. If you can't aim you probably shouldn't play mccree but even then 70 dmg bodyshots on a decent ranged and fast firing hitscan weapon is no joke when your team is also getting in damage and you'll be with your team most of the time

YOU GUYS WHAT THE FUCK THIS GUY IS OVERPOWERED AS SHIT
>600 health
>instagib shotgun
>hook that goes 12 million miles

I know what you're going to say, "bait the hook!" "Stick with your team so Zarya can bubble!" "pick a counter like Reaper"

WELL FUCK YOU I DON'T HAVE MAGIC TELEPATHY TO MAKE THE OTHER TEAM SUCK AS MUCH AS I D-I MEAN AS MUCH AS MY TEAM ALWAYS DOES BLIZZARD PLZ NERF

sucks how they made a close range dps into a reliable sniper with a close range stun that can still headshot you afterwards.

She is definitely the 'high floor high ceiling' character of the game, which isn't categorically a bad thing, but it kind of sucks on her because none of her mechanics, independently, fit this profile. Her weapons are all limited range, she has tank-like features that aren't actually useful for protection (shields which are actually parries, 'high health' that's barely any more than many ATK/DEF characters). And, most damning, she takes a considerable amount of time per life to reach her damage potential. Which adds an element of luck to her defeats the 'high floor' thing.

I've seen amazing Zaryas who've pushed my shit in. I've scored golds as Zarya. I've never felt she was particularly more useful or powerful than any number of other characters, and have frequently noted that she basically needs a pocket healer to be useful at all.

In short, if anything she should be reworked in the direction of a buff.

I'd suggest she should have her beam reworked into an infinite-range hitscan weapon (with a necessary max/min damage fiddling), to make her the 'long rank tank' specialist hero, something currently missing from the game.

It is a projectile though

3300 diamond

this post and this thread is a reminder as to why any game who relies on community feedback for re balancing always fails

>By your logic, mercy is a hard counter to everything which does damage or facilitates damage.
Except no, you're retarded. A mercy ult counters a wipe, a burst of damage to multiple team members. Honestly, how can you be this fucking stupid?

>DURR NO U
You need an actual argument, honey. See how that user gave a reason why Zarya's ult by itself is a waste? Now you try!

She's one of the top 4 picked heroes and top 2 tanks and the other tank is the one that is necessary on every single payload/capture point map. Reinhart has at least the excuse of shit game design for being picked in almost every game, the dyke is picked because she's fucking broken.

just fucking shoot him, he has 1 reliable combo

Being a Rein main is great. No buffs, no nerfs, just balance and smacking whores with my hammer.

>the dyke is picked because she's broken
No, dipshit, she's picked because the major meta comps for attack and koth involve her. It's because she fits into both Death Ball and Dive comps whereas most tanks only fit into one or the other.

If you're below diamond stop posting

First, let me just get out of the way that I really don't care about Zarya bubble specifically. I'm not in a good position to understand how strong it really is as someone who doesn't play the game. Of course I'm gonna be "terrible" if I literally have never played the game yet, but that's completely beside my point.

Let me quote myself from my original criticism:
>I swear, people think "rational discussion" means assuming unrealistic scenarios like "unreasonably hard to beat but still beatable = balanced"

I see why you're getting "the game should be balanced around low levels" from what I said, but that wasn't my intent. It's more along the lines of "the game should be balanced in a way that the game doesn't require a ridiculous amount of effort to counter a braindead strategy". I don't know if Zarya shield is one, as I stated.

To use a Dota analogy again, it's more like Bloodseeker to 6.86 Invoker. Bloodseeker's rupture is easy to deal with if he hasn't snowballed, doesn't have a stunner (e.g. you weren't way the fuck out of position), and you have a tp scroll. Don't nerf rupture, that'd be dumb. However, in Invoker's case, you could win your lane with less than half the effort of your opponent by getting +30 damage at level 2 with alacrity and your exort-boosted attack, then raping teamfights with all his AoE damage and ungodly right click once you inevitably win lane. Is it beatable? Yes, with coordination, but you had Peruvians running around with goddamn orchids killing everybody without using anything but forge spirits. Shit was dumb, that's the kind of thing that shouldn't exist.

>Already did

Not in this reply chain senpai
You're gonna have to point it out to me to

>Doesnt understand why more health is incredibly important to defense heroes where the point cannot be capped until the enemy team is dead, so 200 more health is 200 more damage the enemy team has to deal to get through to get to the point

The more damage the enemy team needs to bust through, the less survivability and healing they can utilise, which makes them more fragile and easier to wipe

>it's nowhere near as important or useful for defense as it is for offense

Bullshit. Its just as important. Only shitter teams will sit at the choke for an entire round. At some point, the ults come online and they will make a concerted push through. Thats when Graviton surge is incredibly important for nullifying the enemy ult timed push and forcing them back to spawn with no ultimate charge

She looses to Reaper and McCree right?, they are the only offense tank busters?

She's literally been the exact same since the game launched and now people are crying about her?

She's just a good character and even better with discord teammates. If you fucking babies really want a nerf on her then reduce her projectile range just slightly.

Pro tip DONT FUCKING ATTACK HER WITH THE SHIELD UP

it was a joke user. this thread is stupid.

What the fuck is a deathball or dive

this post has no relevant content whatsoever and could have been directed at any post in the thread

Because the realized a bursty closerange dps with a hard cc is fucking aids. The only way he would've been acceptable as a purely close range hero would've been if they removed his flashbang or made it far less effective

His range still isnt that good. What he has in accuracy he lacks in damage. His ideal damage range is 20 metres (Double shotgun range for heroes like reaper and roadhog), but his damage falls off pretty quickly after that to the point where he only tickles you at long range.

No it's not, its hitscan

melee

>Game without a single balance change for fifteen years, community is alive and still growing

OW

>Patches every month, game is already dying

Community feedback is cancer, patches are cancer, balancing killed the gaming industry

I thought I wasn't since there's always one guy in these types of threads that say

>X IS ACTUALLY OP SINCE IN THIS SCENARIO HE KILLS 200 HP HEROES

I guess people will pretend they're good at a game with 1 high skill ceiling characters

>I'm not in a good position to understand how strong it really is as someone who doesn't play the game.
Wow. Stopped reading there. Just go, user.

>spoonfeed me I can't read the thread
>arguing about health values over dps characters when we're talking about tank pics
I don't even know what the fuck you're doing.

>bullshit, a team wipe is just as important on defense as it is on offense
Wow. No. As has already been explained, a team wipe for offense means they will capture the point or checkpoint. A team wipe for Defense means about 30 seconds off the clock. Other tanks have ults that don't team wipe but have plenty of defensive utility.

You're fucking retarded.

The only flankers McCree can no longer deal with are tanks, you pissant. He can flash+fan everyone else except bastion and even then he can still finish bastion off with a 7th bodyshot.
t. McCree secondary.
Pre-nerf he could kill literally every character on the roster with flash-fan and that was bullshit.
If anything he's been over-nerfed. They may as well have removed his ult from the game.

I wish Meleefags died a horrible death. Every single one of them.

There's nothing to do in OW comp except grind for fucking ever to get a golden weapon for a single class, repeat next season

At least Hearthstone, WOW, and Diablo gets expansions and updates with new content, not just a single hero, 1 map, and a few skins that you'll grind some more or let Bliz jew you out for a chance of getting

DEFENSE HERO BUFFS WHEN
BASTION AND TORBJORN ARE
U S E L E S S

Why? I genuinely am curious.

>Wow. Stopped reading there. Just go, user.

You clearly have no reading comprehension or self-awareness. I'm not talking about OW specifically, I am talking about your mindset. If you can't get that and you're just gonna turn this into an ego stroke so you can feel better about yourself, I'm done too. Come back when you turn 18.

Fucking hate when Im playing Dva and come up against her. Except when she tries to lob an ult in and I shoot it down. Otherwise my only option is to fly out of range, but when that is on cooldown I've either got to throw up the shield and try to tank her damage or use the piddly little guns to annoy anyone else.

Invert the cooldowns.

Make her more reliant on getting charge by protecting teammates than herself. The shield for herself should be an "oh shit" button, not a "lel can't touch this" button.

I'm 3,3k. And "deahtball" will be always present in this game you fucking mongoloid, she's strong because teamfights are strong and teamfights being strong is Blizzard's design choice. HENCE SHE IS BROKEN YOU FUCKING RETARD.

To summarize the earlier posts

>Zarya ult does no damage on its own and is useless without DPS follow up
Correct
>Mercy ult is a counter to burst DPS / team wipe
Correct
>Mercy ult is a direct counter to Zarya's ult
?????

You can't have it both ways

>DURR NO U
The post I responded to was literally "you are wrong"

>Honestly, how can you be this fucking stupid?
>Now you try!
>honey
>you're retarded
Just get the fuck out of here, the grown ups would like to talk about videogames

I don't know why they changed his ult. It was only useful as a threat because you could never actually get kills with it unless you go way out of position

Two of the three major compositions in Overwatch.

Actual good teams come in one of three flavors:
Death Ball: Reinhardt and an off-tank, two DPS, and two healers. The entire team sits in a big clump behind Reinhardt's shield coordinating targets and shitting damage out from relative safety.

Dive: Winston and Zarya with 2 DPS (at least one flanker if not 2) and 2 healers. Rather than all clumping up and attacking with a united front, this comp works by having Zarya bubble Winston as he and the flanker(s) dives into or behind the enemy team to gather attention and harass and form a pincer.

3/3: relatively new comp. Reinhardt/Zarya/Off-tank and Ana/2 supports or Ana/support/Hanzo in some rare cases. This comp relies on Ana's ridiculously fast ult charge and the strength of a boosted Reinhardt. Ana gets her charge that much faster with 3 tanks to heal and the general idea is to alternate between using Ana ult and a tank ult on every teamfight.

Agreed. My problem is when devs throw too many global mechanics changes at a game. Those should be used really, really sparingly if at all, like when a game has a major, widespread issue that makes the game not fun. Skullgirls with overly-long combos, hence drama gauge. Moba devs are absolutely the worst about this, they change global game mechanics every other patch.

her personal shield does take longer to recharge than the ally shield

Pretty sure Zarya's Ult does do damage, it's just laughably pitiful.

I say this because the damage tick noise plays when an enemy is trapped in it.

>Invert the cooldowns
So you actually wanna make it so that she can shield herself more than teammates? Do you even play this game?

You have no idea what my mindset is. You have zero context for this discussion. Go.

Forgot to quote because derp.

It does do damage. Like 22 a tick. But it's basically nothing and not enough to kill anyone.

>She's useful in most comps therefore she is broken
That's not how that works.

>I'm 3,3k
And apparently European, so basically around a 2.7k (yes, with a period) American.

>the grown ups would like to talk about video games
I laughed harder than I should have

Zarya is weak to range.

Wanna know which character sucks ass in this game? Widowmaker.

How do you nerf Zarya? You buff Widowmaker.

Not everything has to be a nerf, guys. The game needs more buffs to trash heroes instead of nerfs to better heroes.

>Mercy ult is a direct counter to Zarya's ult
Except no, the premise was always that Mercy ult was a counter to the purpose of a Zarya ult, which is a team wipe.

>crying about condescension
Maybe if you weren't such an idiot I wouldn't have to condescend to you.

How much will the game change when Mercy gets super nerfed and can't use her ult without line of sight?

>Grown-ups would like to talk about video games

>Half the posts are people screaming REATARD IM RANK DIAMOND 3000 or LOL SHITTER JUST DO THIS AND ZARYA IS DEAD with smug anime pics attached

Neo Cred Forums "grown ups"

>playing comp on King's Row as Zarya
>stuck at last point for the past two minutes
>enemy team didn't get the cart to the end, so we don't care about the time
>"We're going to win when I use my ult"
>use my ult
>TEAMKILL
>we win

You posted the exact same phrasing with word changes that every dumb Peruvian/underage used in Dota to justify Valve sucking at balance. I know exactly what your mindset is because of how you talk. You're making yourself look more defensive every post. You're not the special snowflake you think you are, there are so many jackasses like you it's ridiculous.

If you're as good as you say you are at a competitive game, you'd think you'd have some idea of how to understand what people are thinking and how to play around that based on their actions. Maybe put your money where your mouth is instead of your fingers in your ears and you won't have to brag because you'll be confident in your strengths and knowledgeable of your weaknesses as a player instead.

Not him
Because of their superiority complex and obnoxious nature
Look I completely agree that Smash is a fighting game but serioualy you faggots are just the worst. I've never met a mellow meleefag.
I went to a Sm4sh tourney at my local college last year and me and this cool black dude that looked like Knuckles took the doubles tourney and this guy came up to me to give me props and then like a sneaky fucking mormon this faggot tried to convert me to competitive melee. I laughed and told him "No thanks, man, I prefer 4, but I'd love to play some friendlies with you."
This fucking guy looks at me like I just bent his mother over and fucked her and says "Well you know our scene is bigger than yours, so you may as well join us." as if I had just challenged his hivemind.
Like nigger fuck you, I play Kirby and Pichu in Melee, I don't want to play Fox v Fox every game.
Fuck meleefags

>trying to imply he's adult and no one else is when he's the one complaining about a character that's been perfectly balanced since beta
Useful is not OP

Zarya's pick rate is high because she fits into all three dominant compositions

This thread is shit

Wouldn't work.

Zarya has a small hitbox for a tank, can survive headshots and has shields to regenerate some health anyway.

Buffing Widowmaker isn't the way to stop Zarya.

Give Junkrat's Rip-tire 25 extra HP

I don't play ASSFAGGOTS and never will, they are garbage.

When you assume you make an ass out of yourself.

Go.

>Mercy nerfs
>Mercy
>nerfs

The meta would go back to Zenyatta + Lucio

Take your (You)'s already

But I didn't even complain?

It appears to be a mix of retarded children who play the rank card, for better or worse, people trying to have reasonable discussion, and the strange middle ground, this one idiot zarya main who thinks it's the world against him.

No more play of the games and people will actually have to switch to a useful healer instead of making it a 5v6, too bad Ana doesn't get a buff literally just give her a infrared outline so her team knows where she is considering she has to sit in the back every time

This OP character of the month shit needs to stop. Now that Genji's been burned at the stake, the angry mob has moved onto Zarya. The community is shit, and the shitters blame everything else but themselves when they die or lose a match. Blizzard should just ignore the community altogether if they want the game to be better.

>implying Lucio isn't getting a speedboost nerf

Lucio literally makes half the Defense heroes unpickable.

People don't know how balancing a game works and cry as loud as possible, the game has had like 4 big balance shifts since fucking launch 4 months ago. Zarya was actually so much more broken before, got shields nerfed, and now its somehow not enough.

My issue with Overwatch is the over-reliance on defensive ults and needing ults in general.

I'll leave, but I want to leave you with one thing. The sooner you realize that feeling like you need to be better at a video game than others is a result of you subconsciously hating yourself, and coming to terms with the fact that you don't have to make everyone like you and that you should instead find your own personal source of contentment, you'll be a happier person. Not everyone is worth pleasing, especially the other people who think like you.

I hope you grow out of it eventually.

>Implying Genji is fixed
He's still broken.

>Mention Zarya once

>Lul Zarya main with victim complex

The fuck are you going on about?

God forbid a character be unique

>Mercy gets nerfed

Do you think they will nerf Pharah and Toblerone too?

His speed boost has already been nerfed.

Speaking of, has his and Zenyatta's pick rates gone down since their nerfs?

>play multiple character video game a couple times
>fight vs one specific character this one time
>completely ass ravaged because bad
>WTF NERF
evry tyme

Sub 3k player spotted.

Both increase charge and do not ignore the shield

t. 30 hours on Zarya, SR 3500

Wasn't referring to the post I quoted directly (not sure if that's you or not).
When every response is peppered with insults you have to assume something's going on, a defensive zarya main was just the least disturbing option.

Oops, there you go assuming again.

I am better at video games than others.

You should probably give the armchair psychiatry a rest. People will assume you're projecting. I'm not, though, because I know assuming what someone else is thinking is pretty fucking retarded.

>Winston Telsa and Reinhart Firestrike damages Zarya directly and does not increase charge, but also damages the shield by the same amount

This is false. Firestrike is an easy 50 energy.

he proposed a change to her barriers you dimwit

>retarded children who play the rank card
Yes, user, everyone better then you is just an angry retarded child.

Zarya stands out as the best tank for attacking/defending a choke point.
Reinheart is good at changing the properties of a choke point
Hog is good at neutral game and getting picks
DVA and Winston are good at harassing

Each tank is good at something, none of them are too good at anything besides tanking

>When every response is peppered with insults you have to assume something's going on
Yes, and that "thing" is being on Cred Forums.

Saying "I hope your children die in a car fire" is like saying hello here.

>mfw all the tears from Genji shitters after he got nerfed
>mfw i'll get to drink the tears of Zarya shitters soon

Most Genji's I've seen seem to get shit on by tanks and too an extent other offense heroes and defense except Widow, Hanzo, Bastion
then again I just play quick play so I don't know what competitive players do to deal with all that

Good one!

Touché

I think they should just let any attacks that penetrate other shields bypass hers as well, but still give her charge. Stuff like winstons tickle gun, mei's freeze, melee attacks, rein's fire thingy etc. Also make it so her shield doesn't negate discord since she's the only tank that can.

Mei is already harvesting salt like a madwoman, and I suspect nerfing her ult build rate is already decided.

ALROIGHT YA WANKERS
HERE'S HOW YA FIX OVAWOTCH

>A
GIVE JUNKRAT 4 EXTRA GRENADES AND MAKE THE LITTLE RIPPERS HOME IN ON THE BLOKES 'E'S SHOOTIN' AT

>B
BUMP JUNKRAT'S HEALF UP TO 700 AND GIVE 'IM A JETPACK BECAUSE THOSE FLYIN' LARKS 'AVE NO BUSINESS BEIN' SO HIGH UP THERE. HOW'RE YA MEANT TA HIT 'EM?

>3
Give Roadhog summat, too

You're right

I assumed he was quoting someone saying it or something, weird use of maymay arrow

Amazing how people could play multiplayer FPS for years on end with nothing new added back in the day but now people are too ADD-ridden to even last a month

dsafsafa

>SJWuniverse gif

>>>/tumblr/

Fuck off Jamison

I agree that Mei's ult builds too fast but they seriously need to give her something else if they nerf it.
I just fucking wish she could spray the ground and move faster like Frozone

>people ask for 222 literally every game
>when its easily countered by 3 tank team

Pharah rockets do 120 damage on direct hit. You're dumb.

Genji isn't even that good. You can see his reflect coming from a mile away and half the cast can one shot him.

>Half the cast can one shot him
Widow
Hanzo
?????

>1% of the melee community are toxic hiveminders so all of th need to die

I'm sorry but you are not mature enough to handle playing locals. If one dude is enough to wish death upon an entire community, you are the problem.

This is the worst post ever.

>>>mind control
>"hey guys, zarya has no shields, lets focus her"

haha i had the exact same thought, and always intuitively spray the ground in front me when moving from spawn. i was thinking it would be a cool support ability if it worked on teammates, as well. it might be too much, though, she's already a very slippery character.

>>>>>toxic
Unsubscribe from life
also that was just one example of meleefaggots being meleefaggots. I could also site the fact that they shit up literally every Smash 4/PM/other fighting game thread

You're wrong

Zarya is the best noob crusher in the game. Fucking gold and plats just can't stop shooting her bubble.

>going to locals
>talking about Smash on Cred Forums
>talking about Smash online
>admitting you're part of the smash community
My point was that games that don't patch shut every time a shitter cries live longer, but good job being stupid.

You've already proven you're a baby who can't handle words, don't bother replaying to me again.

the BIGGEST problem with overwatch's balance right now is that defense heroes are 100% outclassed by offense heroes in every situation

however, buffing defense presents its on problem, as many players have stated that fighting characters like torbjorn, bastion, and widowmaker is just "not fun"

>Not going to locals
Some of us can actually fit out the front door and aren't socially inept. Locals are a fucking blast.
>Claims I can't handle words
>Gets triggered over someone saying they're a part of the smash community
Nice bait honestly.

the defense/offense distinction is just bunk, always has been, always will be. it shouldn't be considered at all. eg. Soldier 76 is better at defense than offense, Mei and Hanzo are equally good at either, etc.

She's B tier and that's mainly due to inflation because she's a must-have on KOTH where Reinhardt is garbage and never picked.

>muh SJW boogy man

i disagree, torbjorn isnt an offense character by design, while tracer is much more suited for it

the classification on defense/offense is mostly harmless and often correct

>watching the pro scene of fighting games

>Nice bait honestly.
I told you not to reply to me, how is that bait?

>calls me a retard fat autist over an opinion of Videogames
>calls me socially inept

Haha

>Not watching the pro scenes of fighting games

She has higher than 50% pick rate in every mode in a game where team size

>many players have stated that fighting characters like torbjorn, bastion, and widowmaker is just "not fun"
They really just aren't fun to go against, Widow is a slight exception cause I can just touch her once and she becomes completely useless the other two are fine where they are cause any slight buff is going to have people complaining

>Lucio is the only character I've seen have a higher pick rate
Then you really haven't been paying attention

I'm talking about high-level data, not my own anecdotal experience, that would be stupid.

There were a few limited examples in this thread, see:

Does that Tracer have two bellybuttons?

>watching the pro scene of fighting games

I would rather be over powered by her, if you catch my drift

Haha, yeah man! All those losers watching sports, automotive sports, Olympics, speed runners, and the world's most popular competitive games are stupid. They should be watching 2 characters in a 10 foot across, 2 dimensional level punching and kicking each other for 3 minutes straight. That never gets stale!

Again, if that's the case you haven't been paying attention.

In all of season 1 of comp Lucio and Zen were S tier >95% picks. In beta and during one period where they fucked up McCree's fallout he was an ~80% pick.

Roadhog is a walking ult charging station for the enemy team

Oh, I see what you meant now. Talking about the current state of the game, obviously

DO NOT SHOOT THE SHIELD

there character shutdown, is it that hard?

>Meta game changes to 3 tank teams
>3 tank teams are easily destroyed by 4 tank teams

>Playing comp
>Enemy team is on the final point
>Zarya appears along wioth tohers of our team
>Enemy team flees
>Our team's Zarya uses her ult
>On the point
>Everyone is pulled back on the point and they capture it

Pharah.

Pharah counters a lot of stuff actually, which I learned in platinum rank. She can harass backline, out range Zarya lasers, get mercy out of tight places, etc etc.

The problem is that blizzard in their infinite wisdom gave one assault character a fucking railgun. She's basically unplayable at any decent rank until McCree is removed from the game or completely reworked.

literally the worst thing you can do is ignore a zarya shield.
people get cocky when they have the shield up and overextend 90% of the time.
call it and have your team light them up.

user...

This is perfectly normal, acceptable, and a sign of patrician taste.

Somebody finally realized why she's truly broken

No, Reinhardt's team are all busy flanking.

Hey.
Wanna know how I know you main Zarya?

>bitching for more needs because a tank does a good job at tanking
We need more buffs not fucking nerfs

Every game mode in Overwatch is KOTH, retard. You've never played another FPS before. Actiblizzion doesn't know how to make a game mode that isn't "12 retards dogpile on one objective for the whole game"

With those retarded Hanzo buffs, she feels necessary. I make it an effort to kill him any time I see him while playing as her.

I also teabag if I can.

They think she is overstronk because they keep charging her power by shooting her shields then complain when she butt devastates them.

if both teams have zarya, how is it a free win?

Very important question.
Futa or no futa?

Phara rockets do 120 damage, thats 4 shots with no barrier, 6 with barrier