Where's my Xbox Emulator Cred Forums?

Where's my Xbox Emulator Cred Forums?

There's emulation for every other last gen system, why not for Xbox?

Other urls found in this thread:

emulator-zone.com/doc.php/xbox/xeon.html
youtube.com/watch?v=qjiLaY1JT34
youtube.com/watch?v=excy9MgBPtk
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/commits/master
reddit.com/r/projectbeat/
youtube.com/watch?v=Vczpo1N7-7k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because people are fags.

It runs a Pentium 3. It shouldn't be any harder than the fucking Wii and Wii U.

but muuuuuuhhhhhhh vidya

Yo, just buy the 4 games in your pic that you want.

It uses some proprietary GPU that only Microsoft knows how to use

Xbox doesn't have Mario or Zelda. so emudevs don't see any reason to make an emu for it.

>no JSRF in 1080p

PS1 and 2 already have (mostly) working emulators, and the PS3 one is making more progress than the Xbox

PC hardware isn't good enough to spoof xbox hardware.

>find an xbox at goodwill for $30
>softmod, clock capacitor mod, hdd mod
>maybe find some light guns if you wanna play house of the dead 2 & 3

welcome to every xbox game, imports, and amazing emulators

>Don't want a hueg
>get 360
>hear its B/C with xbox games
>Otogi, Gunvalkyrie and Blink not compatible

Whats the fucking point then?

The PS3 uses the almighty Cell with unlimited compute power, and yet it has a (somewhat) working emulator.

I still wonder why they released the first game instead of Future on steam.

It makes no sense to judge the interest of the PC audience with the overall inferior version.

Someone got a Halo emulator working, then Microsoft released Halo on PC and development stopped.

>Halo emulator

It was some Russian F2P port of Halo 3 with Halo 4 assets and sprinting

Because all the games worth playing on the original Xbox are multiplats or already ported onto PC.

Whats the point?

PS1 and PS2 emulators are spotty and reliant on plugins and changing the settings for individual games.

Even the Nintendo emulators barely run outside of first party Ninty games.

I'm guessing you haven't touch an emulator in a decade now.

Exactly, this isn't even emulation anymore.

>Even the Nintendo emulators barely run outside of first party Ninty games.
?

emulator-zone.com/doc.php/xbox/xeon.html

uh oh
PPSSPP and Dolphin say otherwise.

If there's a PS1 and PS2 emulator that doesn't require me to change setting around constantly, then I'd love to see it. The closest I can find is Mednafen and that is a piece of shit to set up.

Bomberman Hero, Harvest Moon 64, Chameleon Twist, Goemon's Great Adventure, from what I've seen.

>PPSSPP is a PS1/PS2 emulator

None of the sega itles have been ported outside JSRF

Oh I see, thought you were talking about recently with ElDewrito or whatever

Because it was extremely easy to mod and had very few good exclusives.

There's your problem. Only judging the N64 emulator, when it's the worst running of any Nintendo console

If its so easy why don't u make it?????

Not even JSRF has been ported, just the original game

>Setup

Are you tech illiterate?

You download a folder of BIOS and drop it into another folder in the emulator system

DING! DONE

WOW, SO HARD RIGHT?

Just because two things are proprietary doesn't mean they're both equally easy/hard to emulate.

>no panzer dragoon orta
>no otogi
>no DOAXBV

>If there's a PS1 and PS2 emulator that doesn't require me to change setting around constantly, then I'd love to see it
ePSXe
PCSX2

There you go.
Gee that was hard.

Confirmed for never using Mednafen.

>Where's my Xbox Emulator Cred Forums?

We're waiting for you to make it, user. Since you're so interested in having one.

>There's emulation for every other last gen system, why not for Xbox?
#1: lack of interest. No real "classics" that aren't obtainable today on it
#2: they're $10 goodwill pick ups that can be modified incredibly easily to play burned/downloaded games.
#3: It's a little more difficult than you think. Yes, it's a consumer grade P3 and a nVidia based GPU. No, that doesn't make it easier. Overall, the difficulty comes in replicating the hardware in a way thats transparent to the software. Obviously if just any CPU/Motherboard/GPU combo worked, or even if closely related ones worked, there would have been pirate consoles out the ass. The software wants specific clock speeds, talks to specific chips in specific ways, at specific times and measures that someone has to snoop, reverse engineer, abstract, plan a way to emulate this on their existing hardware, build the emulation platform, test, reconfigure, test, reconfigure x1000000 times, then move onto the next bit of logic.

Imagine trying to write a textbook about an entire language you don't know just from watching people speak it in everyday conversation. Understanding not just words and phrases, but the entire linguistics behind the language. The dialects, sentence structure, slang, syllables, and more. This amounts to a SMALL portion of the work needed to get an emulator working. On systems with "small" languages like an NES or Mega Drive, this is a much easier task. But obviously becomes orders of magnitude more difficult with more complex systems. PS2/Wii/Etc. had large teams, and insider help. Leaked documents, schematics, developer systems, etc. Xbox Emulation doesn't. Once again, mostly due to lack of interest.

>go to emu wiki
>read if there's some bug that needs to be fixed
>change something or don't
>maybe change internal resolution if some game is more demanding than others
That's it unless you have a shit cpu, in that case stop complaining that you need to fiddle with everything to get a few fps boost

Sure not everything runs great and there's issues, but its much better than nothing

How can you emulate something that runs on native x86 hardware?

It has exactly 4 games worth playing not available elsewhere.

>ePSXe
>PCSX2
>not extremely reliant on changing plugins around per game

Also
>ePSXe
>ever

>yfw sega announces an xbox collection on steam

I never said I did? I'm talking PCSX2 and EPSX

He said he cant use them because they're a bitch to setup, which is simply untrue. its fucking childsplay.

Works for me.
No idea what your problem is.

Won't ever happen for the same reason namco wont re-release american vesperia.

Microsoft liscencing shit.

Whats wrong with ePSXe anyway? I mean what other PS1 emulators are there to use?

no it doesn't, it runs a custom thing that's close to a pentium 3 plus a unique GPU, neither of which have ever had any details leaked

I'd buy it twice

There is no problem with epsxe.
He's just too retarded to set it up.

The only Xbox exclusives I can think of worth emulating are Jet Set Radio Future and Mechassault.

The rest got ports to other consoles or PC.

But the GameCube and Wii run on native x86 hardware

It uses a unique Geforce 3 actually.

>people use anything other than mednafen
>doing ANYTHING to alter the original audiovisual quality of the game

pray for Phil Spencer to release an Xbox emulator for Windows 10

>Otogi
>Gunvalkyrie
>Jade empire
>Crimson skies
>Blinx
>Voodoo vince
>Outrun xbox

None of these got ports.

That is absolute bullshit
I have a junker of a PC and can run any PS2 game perfectly
You clearly haven't touched an emulator in at least 5 or more years

>Caring

Take your audiophile elitism elsewhere. As long as it runs I don't give a shit.

I'd say that ePSXe is the zSNES of PS1 emulators, but that'd be an insult to zSNES.

Mednafen works without changing plugins around for every game but you have to deal with the shittiness of RetroArch or deal with Mednafen's user-unfriendly GUI.

>hurr durr works on my machine
-1/10

If they did there's no way it's just an emulator application for use with your own games.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is trash.

It's hard to create an emulator for. that said one's coming

Gamecube and Wii use PowerPC instruction sets which are then converted to x86 via Dolphin emulator.

Xbox already uses x86, how do you emulate something that natively runs on PC hardware?

Its honestly because so few people care about it

>>hurr durr works on my machine
Not my fault you're incapable of running a fucking emulator.

It's not worth the effort outside of handful of games that remained exclusives. And it's not a Nintendo consoles so there's no horde on fanboys on standby to try and give it a go.

Might want to check your sources on that one.

It's an absolute crime there's no way to play Phantom Dust some other way.
Also Unreal Championship 2 Liandri Conflict or whatever was crazy fun for what it was but I can't say I care much whether there's ever some other way to play it.

I just want JSRF on pc
The rest of the library can suck a dick

>changing plug ins around per game
Literally use OpenGL (hardware) put the EE cycle stealer on 1 and press f5 until the screen looks the best and every single game on the system will run perfectly. God forbid you have to put minimal effort into free vidya

>hurr durr doesn't work on my machine
loud kek

Sure, but I can't imagine it being that hard to emulate, it's just that nobody's working on it

>64 games
You haven't even tried GC/Wii emulator have you?

Jade Empire was released on PC almost 10 years ago.

Panzer Dragoon games in general seem doomed to never be played beyond their native consoles. There were no re-releases and they're on devices that never got so much emulation attention, if any.

>Sure, but I can't imagine it being that hard to emulate
I don't see you making it.

I understand what you're saying, but with things like this, unless you've tried it yourself don't fucking imply its not hard to do, you just come off retarded.

They released a bunch of retro games and then a Dreamcast collection, Sega only consoles

This guy clearly hasn't emulated anything in this decade and is basing everything on very outdated knowledge.

Nice post user.

If I can recall correctly, Xbox uses proprietary GPU drivers and audio codecs that have absolutely no documentation. In addition, trying to emulate a x86 CPU on a x86 CPU is not only dumb but also extremely difficult to do.

>tfw I still can't play Mechassault

hardware emulation is easier to code than binary-compatible libraries. this would be the same kind of project scope as Wine

>crack open an xbox
>extract unique parts and test/analyze them
>???

>Mednafen
I don't even know what the fuck that is and I highly doubt its features justify going through the trouble you're having with it.

Why not stop being a contrarian nigger and use the better alternative everyone else does?

Emulating the CPU is easy.
Emulating the motherboard is that its the insane issue, specially when it is made of several components that there are no documentation of, and a semi custom GPU that even the common ones are not completely documented.

>Xbox emulator doesn't exists blah blah blah

youtube.com/watch?v=qjiLaY1JT34

Also there is an Xbox emulator.
Its called XQemu.
Its slow as watching painting dry, but it is doing quite a progress into emulating the system:
youtube.com/watch?v=excy9MgBPtk

the first 3 are perfectly emulated on SSF.

Enjoy not having Ninja Gaiden black lmao,

actually he said mednafen was a bitch. all he said about the others were that he had to change seetings a lot, which doesnt necessarily mean that he thinks its hard.

A PC version of Steel battalion would be awesome, DIY people could create their own custom controllers. Microsoft should just make an OG Xbox emulator.

Stop being a lazy faggot and make one then.

Please, no gore.

I've used Dolphin and Ishiiruka and I've got pretty much the same results. And I have a modded Wii so I couldn't give two shits about GC/Wii emulation to begin with.

I've tried to run Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2, i-Ninja, and a handful of third party games and they've all had varying levels of success.
More often than not all I get is a blank screen with sound for anything that isn't popular or first party. It's not as bad as an N64 emulator, but it's annoying if you want to play games other than Mario/Zelda.

Funnily enough I've tested out some Virtual Console wads and they run better than mupen64. If you can convert PS1 games into PSP-usable eBoots, there's probably a way to convert N64 titles into VC wads. I'll have to look into that.

Mednafen is objectively the best of the emulation solutions for the platforms it supports.
Using anything else is the emulator equivalent of putting ketchup on steak.

shitty catalog.

Apparently its some emulator that runs a bunch of different old systems in one(very shittly from skimming people's thoughts in it)
I don't know why he is bringing it up while talking about playstation 2 since it doesn't support it or anything past the N64 gen.
Maybes he is the dev trying to shill it? Idk.

He's talking about the PS1, not 2.
I've heard from other people besides him that it is the best PS1 emulator, but really is a bitch to set up

Well that's a nice metaphor and all but if it was really worth it more people would know about it.

At least for other systems you can pretty much just drag the ROM onto the executable and it just runs it.
You probably have to supply a bios for PS1 but there should be a default location it looks in you can just copy it to.

There are guides for setting up key binds and save states and stuff. Never bothered with using custom filters or resolution multiplication and shit don't even know if it supports them.

>Jet Set Radio port doesn't support gamepads
>you have to do the joystick graffiti inputs with the arrow keys

>Using anything else is the emulator equivalent of putting ketchup on steak.
But steak is good with ketchup. So you're saying any other emulator is better?

You have no idea of what goes on when people decide to create an emulator do you?

>shittiness of RetroArch
confirmed retard

Fuck off SquarePusher. Your frontend is ass and you know it.

>tfw I still need to take out the faulty cap
How do you open this thing properly without murdering the little feet

Also I named my Zygarde Xbox

If you heat them up with a blowdryer they should stick again. Also try heating them during the removal too, it will make removing the feet easier, although the rubber is thick so not sure if will work.

because no one gives a flying fuck about this console LMAO

you know its ture

People have made an emulator for Gamecube, the worst console in history, so lack of interest surely isn't the issue here.

Thanks I'll try that when I get around to it. It'd be a shame if it tooted out because of the clock.

>People have made an emulator for Gamecube, the worst console in history
The Gamecube was great, what are you talking about? The Saturn and WiiU are way worse.

Don't shit-talk about Saturn you nigga

>gamecube
>bad

nice opinion, here I'll give you mine : gamecube is great

sure, it sold poorly, but

people that bought the xbox don't care about it

people that bought the gamecube are niche fans

those fans made an emulator. why isnt an emulator for xbox ? because no one gives a shit anymore about it. if they did, then they'd fucking have made an emulator.

Not him but I like both and I care for them deeply
I made my Xbox a little shirt that I put on it when it isn't on. Gamecube received a little wooden house.

"Xbox is just like a PC, it's easy to emulate!"

Yes, we've all heard this silly and pointless argument a million times and it usually ends in the same, and rather ignorant conclusion (or should I say assumption) that just because the Xbox is PC similar, it's hardware should be relatively easy to emulate. That's a very wrong frame of mind. How hard can it be? Very. Xbox's hardware is very complex and still poorly documented to this day. This requires some explanation.

1. Is a PC easy to emulate? Well, I wouldn't say so myself. Take a look at the source code from bochs. A lot of source code/work isn't it?

2. Emulating an x86 CPU is a lot harder than it sounds. I don't know where this mindless assumption comes from. Yes, there's loads of documentation on how the x86 processor works, but that doesn't exactly make it easy. First of all, the x86 instruction set is M-A-S-S-I-V-E! There can be at least 20 different versions of one instruction (i.e. There are many different versions of the MOV instruction, as well as INC, DEC, ADD, SUB, SHR, SHL, AND, OR, XOR etc.) and it takes time to implement them all. Of course, that's not exactly difficult. The real problem is that any modern x86 processor including the Pentium III can execute multiple instructions at once. So it's not like emulating a Z80 doing one instruction at a time. The actual algorithm and how x86 does this is undocumented and still unknown. In short, the Xbox's CPU can be emulated, but not accurately.

3. Emulating any hardware by NVIDIA is not a walk in the park! The Xbox's GPU, the NV2A is often assumed just a GeForce 3. It's not! It's similar but not identical. It has some GeForce 4 capabilities too, so it's more of a cross between an NV20 and NV25. This is by no means easy to emulate either. NVIDIA's GPUs have very large register sets and afaik not even half of them have been discovered, and a large portion of known registers have unknown purposes. There is little to no documentation on how NVIDIA GPUs work. The best thing to do is to look at similar GPUs such as RIVA, TNT, and older GeForce cards. Some registers are similar, but not identical. The best place to look for information is in open source drivers available on the net. Adding to the dificulty is that no one has ever discovered how pixel shaders work on NV2x cards, vertex shaders yes though. The Xbox GPU also has exclusive registers that are not found in other GeForce cards. Information on the NV2A's GPU registers are just now beginning to be discovered a few months ago. And yet, there's still a long way to go. The GeForce 3 series is the most mysterious of all NVIDIA GPUs (G7x and G8x aside) and the NV2A is alot worse. "But can't you just directly execute the NV2A instructions on another NVIDIA card?". No, I get alot of questions concerning this, and it is impossible. It's MMIO addresses are different and the exclusive registers must be emulated. Plus, in windows, we don't have ring 0 access anyway, so you all can scratch that idea now. Then comes the NForce 2 chipset. This is where it get easier. The NVIDIA MCPX is the control center for things such as audio, USB for input, Network adapters, PCI, AGP, etc. These things are not really that difficult to emulate IMO except for the audio.

4. The Audio system is rather complex. Xbox's audio consists of at least 4 DSPs, and audio codec (AC '97) and an NVIDIA SoundStorm APU. The DSPs shouldn't be a problem (just figuring out what they all are is) nor should the AC '97 but the NVIDIA SoundStorm APU is the really difficult part. So far I haven't found any information on this thing, but right now, it's relevance is low.

5. The Xbox BIOS isn't fully understood. The basic execution process of the BIOS is understood, but details on the process are at a loss. What we do know gives us hints, but before the BIOS can be emulated, we'll need a better understanding of the Xbox hardware layout because the BIOS does some unknown hardware initialization at boot time and writes to the hardware directly without using any XDK stuff. It will take some time, and effort, but I'll eventually get it working.

6. Video Encoder "Hell". Instead of using a RAMDAC for video output, the Xbox uses a Video Encoder. What makes this suck a pain? Microsoft sought the need to change the video encoder every other Xbox version (there are seven in all, 1.0 - 1.6). Why, I dunno, it's a Microsoft thing, they always tend to try to "fix" things that aren't broken >.> AFAIK, there are at least 3 different Video Encoders used: Conexant CX25871, Focus FS454, and Xcalibur. For more information in Xbox video encoders, click here. Emulating all three video encoders is only less than half the battle, the real problem is that BIOSes can be specifically tied to a specific encoder depending on it's version (don't quote me on this though). Like PS2, every Xbox model revision has a updated BIOS and has different expectations. This is a potential problem, but not exactly major.

Basically, I'm trying to get this "Xbox should be easy to emulate because it's just like a PC" crap out of your heads. I'm sure that most of you will disagree with me on this, but for these reasons and more, on a low level, Xbox is harder to emulate than PS2.

^ The exception to that above is that the NV2A is much better documented now, but not fully. There's an open source library for the OpenXDK called pbKit. It interfaces directly with the hardware to fully expose it's potential. This is what Microsoft should have done all along (or at least wrote a low-level OpenGL implementation).

Many emulators were indeed made by exposing silicon and analyzing the chip with an electron microscope.

I can't wait to spam this garbage all over /emu/!

Hate this copypaste.
Xbox emulator already exists, on 360.

>No GunValkyrie
>No Otogi (1 or 2)
>No Steel Battalion

are you retarded or what? No one is claiming its impossible to emulate the original xbox just that is really difficult to do so.

The xbox emulator on the 360 works because its made by microsoft .They perfectly know the inner workings of the xbox, have every tech document available to figure out how things are done and probably they can ask the same engineers that built the console.

Not something a group of amateurs over the internet can do.

>when your reading comprehension is just that bad

You can say same thing about ps1 emulator.
But actual pc emulator much better and accurate than sony version.

>insider help and leaked documents
Please elaborate, sounds interesting

xbox classic
>no emulation

PS Vita
>no emulation

Nintendo 3DS
>almost emulated

Nintendo wiiu
>almost emulated

ps3
>almost emulated

the emulators you know since you shitpost on the internet are the very fucking same emulators nowadays. There is zero fucking change, a little bit here and there in the code, that's all!

Actually it's not, with the exception of MEDNAFEN, an emulator like epsxe is just garbage as far as emulation accuracy goes.

Is 3DS worth emulating though?

What about the games where you have to both controls and touch screen at the same time, how you can do that on a PC unless you add support for something like the wii-u controller.

>3DS worth emulating
NO

still no gamepad support, many slow downs, no sound.

Black is on 360/Xbone m8.

>Ninja Gaiden black
runs fine on XBOX 360 except for the FMVs

Yeah I know, but even when technical issue such as speed/sound will be solved, if there's no adequate control, I can see it used only for pokemon games.

In games like the zelda remakes the touch screen is used a lot and I can't really imagine having to switch constantly between a controller and the mouse.

Wonder if it's even possible to connect the wii-u controller to the PC.

Why do so many reards not realise...

YOU CAN USE A MOUSE HOLY SHIT

People code for these emulators out of pleasure and passion for coding.

Thing is, anything with an Nvidia GPU has proven to be not only hard to emulate but virtually impossible. RPCS3 has hit a brickwall and it isn't going nowhere just like the Xbox emulators.

worked fine on GBA

Bait

Faggot, I was talking about games where you are supposed to be using movement/keys or buttons AT THE SAME TIME as the touch screen.

ON a real 3ds you get away as you can use the thumbs, but on a pc you can't do it hence the question

Do you have any links talking about that?
Because as far i know, RCPS3 kinda skip the nvidia part of the equation by capturing the shaders before they get compiled.

Literally what game? Any that do this are o3ds only since it has no c stick

Actually, by actually checking the fucking github:
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/commits/master
You can see the last commit was 12 hours ago, and there are several, several commits done just this month, so no, its not "wallbricked and dead".
They probably slowed down because they're porting it to vulkan, as that raven post down there kinda implies.

There are very few games that require that on regular basis. Although I would like to see how TWEWY plays emulated, though.

for all of you people talking about jrsf pc
there was a project porting it
reddit.com/r/projectbeat/
unfortunately in the past week there was a shitstorm and the project was abandoned

>they release OutRun 2006 without the Ferrari license and generic cars instead

First that comes to mind is OoT. Once you start getting items you find yourself switching quite often between tunics, weapons, items.

It's going to be a pain in the ass having to constantly lay down the controller and switch to the mouse then switch back to the controller.

What you mean by changing plugin?
Im using the default plugin to play bunch of different games without any problem
Literally the only thing I need to do is download BIOS and put it in the folder, then boot iso and play

Just saw a vid of RPCS3 run a vocaloid game 60 fps few days ago

Try running Ratchet & Clank, Ace Combat, Jak & Daxter...

NGB isn't on Xbone, if it was I would've bought one already

Nvidia hardware has always been considered a nightmare to emulate.

80% of the contributors of RPCS3 have given up and left permanently. There are only two working on a weekly basis keeping the ship afloat and another 4 doing menial monthly stuff.

If my estimates are correct, games like MGS4 and God of War 3 will only boot up by 2030.

And here it is the Xbox emulator playing Sanic at max speed too.
youtube.com/watch?v=Vczpo1N7-7k

How many Xbox exclusives are there?

Grab the PC or PS2/Gamecube version instead.

Some of the PC games may be a little janky on modern hardware/OS.

>No real classics
>Meanwhile JSR Future still not ported to other consoles

Ninja Gaiden Black
Otogi 1 & 2
Metal Wolf Chaos
Thousand Land
Phantom Dust
Unreal Championship 1 & 2
Project Gotham Racing 1 & 2
Breakdown
Gun Valkyrie
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Drihoo
Phantom Crash
Fuzion Frenzy
Whacked
Dungeons and Dragons Heroes
Steel Battalion 1 & 2

>How many Xbox exclusives are there?

More than i thought.

>wanting an emulator
>not just modding your OG xbox to play off a hard drive or a burned discs

step up faggot

>the Xbox has more exclusives than the Bloodborne machine

You can't make this up.

Sauce? That sounds cool.

It's called decapping. I believe the author of bsnes/Higan had to do this in order to accurately emulate many of the expansion chips for the SNES.

Name one good Xbox game

>Detroit: Become Human

architecture must be too complex/difficult to understand and therefore emulate

That's a lie, I played JSR steam version with a 360 pad

Maybe there's some Microsoft contract shenanigans? Microsoft not allowing them to port it to any other platform, even PC.

Your best bet is to get you and your friends to ask microsoft to develope one for Windows 10 and Xbone. They're about the only ones that can make a functional one at this point, and they've said theyre interested if there is demand.

I pray everyday to the god of poorfags and emulation that an OG Xbox emulator comes out and that PS2 emulation gets perfect for every game soon.

Amen.

this. emulation is unfortunately very much driven by what's popular and if it doesn't have a zelda game, the amount of attention it gets is kind of low.

On the bright side you can always count on Nintendo consoles to get working emulators with big fanbases (and for hacking of newer consoles to become some big moral dilemma people will fight over)

ask them to... Also ask FROM to release a collection too, and then we'll have everything worth playing on the Xbox (almost)

Nintendo consoles are easier to figure out. Nintendo making the Gamecube, Wii and Wii U architecture similar certainly helps.

The Gameboy Advance had such an easy architecture to figure out, the emulator came out very close to the handheld's release.

Microsoft and Sony go with exotic shit often, therefore it can be hard as fuck to figure their hardware out.

I STILL WAITING FOR PANZER DRAGON ORTA
DAMMINT FUCKING SEGA!

Theres a Sgea age collection for first game for ps2 and PC port.

Gamecube has nintendo and smashfags that are autistic to the limit so of course it was gonna get made and every mim and his dog had a PS2 and it was easy as putting an infected memory card in and you had a chipped consile so the architecture probably aint that hard

Did anyone even own an xbox hueg

Stop posting this, blushogun is a hack, Caustik was the real cxbx dev. There was already efficient open source x86 emulators at the time he wrote that, and nowadays you don't even need to emulate it due to shit like VT-d.

Use a DS4 with its touchpad.

The OG Xbox is a pretty good system now looking back at it. It's pretty cheap to get one now and the games are easy to buy compared to trying to get ps2 RPGs and Nintendo rare gamecube games.

it doesn't have games worth playing