Thoughts on this game?

Thoughts on this game?

Great and interesting premise ruined completely by lolopen world survival bullshit. Its a pass.

>game

It's not finished yet.

Barely a game. Played for 4 hours and nothing fucking happens. The first thing the game gives you is the illusion of choice by forcing you to do something even if you don't want to.

Early access trash that only got attention because it had an interesting trailer at a shit E3 conference

>I really want to be Bioshock Infinite - The video game.

Not terrible, but unfinished and really not all that fun.

Trash

this

Another crappy procedural open world with crafting and survival shit.

Nothing to do, nothing interesting: the genre.

>Literally the same game just with an intro now
epich

Ruined by open world

Could've been good otherwise

Perfect example of a premise that would have worked better as a book or movie.

You don't need to turn everything into a game, but We Happy Few doesn't seem to realize that. Going to the school of thought that says "If your stories good then you can excuse mediocre gameplay." when in reality, it doesn't work like that.

What do you even do in the open world? i havent played it

is it just "hide from the spooky men"

You try to find shit to craft shit so you can find shit to craft shit. Except that you need to eat and drink every 2 minutes.

this
the E3 trailer made it look like a story-based adventure game with some branching paths, set in a "Brave New World" timeline

the moment I head "procedural" "crafting" and "roguelike", my expectations dropped so fast that they hit terminal velocity
then I saw gameplay and it was everything I feared it was going to be

I know that Cred Forums hates story-centric and linear games, but this would have been ideal for that formula

hunger and thirst ruin it

somewhat cool concept ruined by being so blatant and in your face that it becomes laughable. Tries very, very hard to be bioshock. Open world crafting shit.
It's wasted potential: The game.

How come British culture is so easy to market? Who is buying this shit? I understand the market for japshit, but limeyshit? Where did they expect to get their money from?

A tragedy. The devs fell for the open world procedural crafting survival game meme.

>I know that Cred Forums hates story-centric and linear games, but this would have been ideal for that formula
wrong, a focused game is better instead of 100 x 100 of [local time unit] open world bullshit, remember how bland skyrim was or how boring minecraft became?

mediocre tech demo

did you read that user's post?
Because it looks like you're agreeing with him.

Cool idea ruined by the open world procedural generation survival meme. Should have been a game that played like the first Bioshock.

British TV shows are insanely popular in America.

that's pretty terrible mechanic
does the story compensate for the terrible gameplay?

no, the story would compliment the gameplay in a game such as this, but utterly fails to do so since the game is dogshit.

>story
>procedural
wew

that was my point
Cred Forums hates "story" games with such a passion that they lambaste anything like that (uncharted is a great example: "HURR ITS A MOVIE", "ITS JUST LINEAR SHIT", etc), but open ended games usually end up being so messy and grindy that they are worse than something tight and contained

First post, best post
I was ready to back their kickstarter based on concept alone until I saw the words "Procedurally generated roguelike"

>I know that Cred Forums hates story-centric and linear games
Since when? Pretty much every non-pleb ever knows that story-centric and linear games with big open spaces are objectively the best. I don't think there's that many faggots around that still fall for the open world meme and think "THIS SUCKS BECAUSE THE MAP ISN'T 500000 LIGHT-YEARS WIDE. MUH IMMERSION!"

procedural generated survival crafting games are not games

Uncharted 4 just looks boring to me like the entire series does. My lack of interest in that game has nothing to do with the fact it's linear. The Last of Us, on the other hand, is great.

OP here.
This is all incredibly disappointing to hear.

The story is literally in early access

Whoever made this game should have taken notes from Sean Murray

If your game is shit, don't release and early version of it, just talk it up like crazy and let the retards hype it

With an early access version available, we can already dismiss the game as shit

Misleading bullshit trailer

It really is shit for the same reason as NMS, except for NMS people were holding out hope that the procedural generation would be good.

FOTM meme that never really got off the ground.