Nintendo NX

Nintendo NX is another gimmicky tablet with detachable controllers. I saw the presentation video during a closed conference (anyway it's being streamed to public this week), and I must say: they never learn. It's Wii U 2.0 folks.

(continued)

The video starts with a quick history from NES to Wii U, showing all generations that grew up playing Nintendo consoles. Then the screen goes white with big "2017" gray numbers in it. It stays like that for a couple seconds, then you see the actual console name (which is not NX, I'll keep that as a secret now, it starts with the letter G). Then Reggie comes in, holding its tablet controller, talking about what they achieved with the Wii U, saying how it changed the way we play games and stuff. He says we're about to take a step forward and gently holds the tablet controller in his hands. Some goofy CGI do the job of detaching the screen from the buttons, for a moment it feels awesome, but I couldn't help: it's somewhat deja vu. Then the demo video starts, showing three friends playing on the couch, one is holding the screen, touching it, the other is holding the controller bit which haves the buttons, and the third person is holding his smartphone. They're all playing some new IP which we haven't seen before, looks a bit like Pikmin but it has some blocky robots collecting rocks from a crater (looks like a moon). The demo goes like that for about two minutes, shows some neat charts about its compatibility with 3DS and Wii U (yet unclear) and then it cuts back to Reggie.

I found it nice you can use your smartphone as a third screen for your games. An official app is required and they didn't say anything about compatibility yet, but you can bet iOS devices are getting full initial support like always. This function allows some games to share information with your phone and lets you manage your shared information on Miiverse much easier than pressing the home button and waiting the app to open like you do it on Wii U.

I'm not disappointed or excited, they did a good job, but this new machine definitely isn't a groundbreaking product as we all are expecting. We've already seen a lot of these concepts on other systems.

Sounds like bollocks m8

FUCKING SAUSE OR BUST!!

It's fake dude.

Did you dad who works at Nintendo take you to see this "presentation," user?

Your imagination sucks kid.

I'm literally working on some motion graphics for the actual video announcement and can confirm that this is bullshit. It does have a touchscreen controller and all the old controllers work with it and there is some, light phone compatibility, but it doesn't start with a G it starts with an M.

>moving away from the Wii brand
>makes another wiiu

""""Leakers"""" never learn.

(You)

Nice to see you work at Nintendo

is it called M!!?

You can screencap this

>Nintendo has tested and denounced the concept of detachable controllers in the past
>"Guys, they are totally doing it I swear!"

Haha, right.

Mate?

I don't.

No, it's not even nearly that smart of a name.
You'll know in the next month or so anyway, I think - my deadline's Thursday if that's any help - so enjoy what little time you have left before you find out and find 100 shitposting threads about it.

I already have enough screencaps to make a 30 minute video.

Graphic designs babbbys first .gif I see! this OP is full of shit lmfao, what a fucken retard, anyone who beliefs this conasrtists is a goddamn fool, don't even begin to entertain his shit, a fucken wii u 2.0, what kinda name is that lmfao???? what an idiot lmao don't even listen to his shit this time kids, alright, he's a fucken retard, don't even do it !!!

>Then Reggie comes in, holding its tablet controller, talking about what they achieved with the Wii U
Nintendo is going to distance itself as much as possible from the Wii U. It's the last thing they want people thinking about while they reveal their new device

Not calling it Wii is moving away from the brand. Not that I believe op is telling the truth.

They also did the same with motion controls back when it wasn't viable. What's your point?

But today is the end of the week OP.
Are they gonna show it today?

Nintendo Manlove?

Alright I'll bite, what are the launch games?

MOZART?!

I want to lie to you and say yes because I'd love to buy a Nintendo Mozart.

>Kimishima already confirmed the NX is something new, and that they're distancing from the Wii branding
>Reggie referenced the NX as a home console at E3 2015
who would believe this?