Titan Quest

So, how's that Anniversary Edition Cred Forums?

Really good, but getting cheevos in this game takes for-fucking-ever. It's literally a 1k hour game, if you want to get all the cheevos without cheating.

>cheevos

>setting health and energy potions to 1 and 2

you know there bound to Q and E by

>not 100% your games

If you buy a game, you finish it 100%. No exceptions.

which has nothing to do with achievements

stopped playing it was boring

>100% a game
>without getting all the cheevos
Whatever makes you sleep easy at night, m8.

I've played 18 hours (steam time) and got bored out of my mind. The gameplay really didn't age well. All builds are based on "make your right click better". It's extremely dull. I like the environment and mythological lore, but thats it.

This. I can play old games no problem, but TQ combat is clunky and lackluster, both magic and melee and the game being all combat that kills it for me. I had enough fun playing it when it came out I guess, gonna stick to grim dawn instead of forcing myself to play this.

Crashes Steam when I exit the program. Finished normal on a new character just for fun and I probably won't play any more than that.

I hear a lot about Grim Dawn in those threads, is the game actually good ? How does it does compared to like, Diablo 2 ?

Path of Exile is objectively better in every way.

I played it because I never really finished the game before but I don't know if I'll keep playing on harder difficulties. As you can see from my pic , I'm playing a Harbinger and all I have a are basically passives, which makes the game a bit boring.

Achievements were a terrible mistake. Receiving achievements by progressing through the story and whatnot is completely retarded. Every game should have like 5 at most, reserved for feats like "Complete the game at lvl1" or "defeat the optional super boss using only base equipment" or "complete stage X under a time limit without getting hit once".

They shouldn't be something you collect until you get them all and "100% the game" but something you can get by showing you truly mastered the game.

Grim Dawn is my favorite ARPG, maybe Diablo 2 is better, but for all the recent realease of hack'n slash, Grim Dawn does it the best imo. I really can't wait they release more content. Plus the game is really long and the builds are really fun to play, expect your first playthough to last around 30-40h.

I like those progress achievements because you can track stats of the playerbase through Steam achievements

I'm in the same boat only I'm pretty much at the start and already bored with the game. I really like the setting but I'm finding it a chore to start it up. I just wanted to finish it since I never saw the ending.

What you like in Grim dawn that this game doesn't have?
Just curious, currently enjoying Grim Dawn with DAIL (base class in the game seem to have bad skill's sysnergy to me) and intend to buy this

You are mentally defective.

>but something you can get by showing you truly mastered the game
You talk a lot of shit for someone who doesn't know, that Titan Quest has one of the most difficult achievements on Steam: complete the game in under 20 hours with a new character on all 3 difficulties.

This. Diehard fans don't want to hear it but my level 70 character is just a combination of passives and right click stuff plus one ability.
Not good game design.

Grim Dawn betters a lot of Titan Quest's bullshit.

Best ARPG on the market.

I bought the anniversary addition. I typically play Melee build but good Christ they are shit in this. So boring.

Grim Dawn is Titan Quest 2. Updated engine and all.

>ARPG
Stop.

Grim dawn has much better combat - abilites have much more oomph. Fighting in TQ feels like poking people with a stick and magic feels like throwing firecrackers or flicking a laser pointer off/on at them. It gets really, really boring coupled with the fact that you'll have few active abilities most of the time.
TQ has pretty damn great setting though.

It's an ARPG

Grim Dawn DAIL >= D2 Ultimate XL > Grim Dawn > D2 LoD

Why not just make them different things? It's pretty silly to get achievements for playing through the game you just paid for. It's like going to the movies and getting a dozen little signed sheets of paper congratulating you on sitting through it to the end.

I'm not talking shit and especially not at TQ in particular, I just saw the things about achievements while scrolling down and it's pretty much my number one videogame pet peeve.

It's a multiplayer achievement. You need someone to carry you through the game. They play it normally, invite you in to finish the main quest at the same time, then kick you out again.

It's h&s. Gothic, VtM:B, FO: NV are examples of ARPGs.

farming Talos on epic with my spellbreaker