Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice

So, what is the consensus on the new prosecutor?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11252094
youtube.com/watch?v=6XneUAlQqjE
youtube.com/watch?v=N2yapHMwz4M
youtube.com/watch?v=jfWHX3vkVxk
youtube.com/watch?v=gk7Rfl4rpHo
youtube.com/watch?v=NHlKKca5Lho
youtu.be/SrarXhcg3fs
youtube.com/watch?v=zWNAx-lvdZI
youtube.com/watch?v=bu55SrCtC-o
youtube.com/watch?v=F1ut-eTUMrc
youtube.com/watch?v=Hd_VBRY9zOU
youtube.com/watch?v=A8WQQII1HZU
youtube.com/watch?v=g3s1aqSCEd8
youtube.com/watch?v=1J6vEvMyb3c
youtu.be/OQQmZnXaQEM
youtu.be/xe1ycePCBYA
youtube.com/watch?v=KMeRjoHp10E
drive.google.com/file/d/0B4atLqCvfqJcRFdSdkhCemRyREE/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B4atLqCvfqJcU1VxYUVwUmY1Y3M/view?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=OjgbvrYGZyk
youtu.be/zvabCKaN42U
capcom-unity.com/zeroobjections/blog
youtube.com/watch?v=d7jv1ticnf0
youtube.com/watch?v=21elL54qVNE
strawpoll.me/11254533
youtube.com/watch?v=I7gsGg-MPX0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I sorta want to marry him

Great animations and decent backstory, not that great as a prosecutor - all he does is sit back and throw insults, he's like if Cred Forums was a prosecutor.

It's fun watching him get owned though, particularly by Blackquill.

He's putrid

I expected him to be Klavier tier since he looked so calm, but he ended up being Franziska/Godot tier. I really liked him.

He's good, but very derisive. Some people really don't like him, but as a prosecutor he's actually not half bad. He's at least better than Gavin and Franzy.

Nah, that was Godot. Nahyuta actually makes you step on your own words and leads you down his path. Of course then everything falls apart, but that happens for every prosecutor.

He's OK. Decent as an opponent, but his character development was extremely predictable and somewhat unconvincing, with no hint of him even being a remotely decent person until the final hours of the game.

I only like his breakdown. Other than that he seems pretty pointless, except for the few funny moments such as the rakugo act and "what's crackalackin'"
Official prosecutor rankings:
Edgeworth > Godot > Blackquill > Franziska > Nayuta > Klavier

Eh. He's okay. That's about all.

t. red pepper

Ron DeLite was guilty in the lacerny trial, but not in the muder one

In the middle when it comes to prosecutors

Double jeopardy.

>Godot > Blackquill

Absolutely not.

Spoilers for the end of the game but why is Rayfa queen now and not Amara?

switch Nahyuta with Klavier and you're right

Because she doesn't want to do it. She said she enjoys not having the responsibility.

>Godot that high
Fuck no

Boring.

Didn't clash with the characters or trap them often enough. Not much presence and sort of disappeared a lot of the time during trials. I didn't really feel anything for him.

He has a couple of funny moments but that's about it.

I don't think I really want a new prosecutor for the next game. Try and fix Klavier or Franziska instead.

>Literally ANYONE worse than Klavier as a prosecutor

Come on, man. It's okay to not like Nahyuta, but Klavier literally helped the defense intentionally multiple times in every case.

Worst thing on a great game

>Klavier
Impossible to fix as a character.

>Franziska
They already did. By making her more of a support character

Forget Nahyuta
Datz is the prime marriage material in this game

The Investigations series already fixed Franziska.

>Hey kid, wanna join our cause?

This game made me realize we need more prosecution co-councils. The potential for banter between the prosecution is so there.

I wonder what he uses for sexual release
i want to him to use me instead

Luke Atmey stole the urn himself.
Ron was actually guilty of being Mask deMasque, but they could't charge him again after the first day because of double jeopardy.

It'd be funny, but I think the point of consulting your partner is that the rest of the court can't hear it.
Maybe the co-council is a hothead who shouts things out by accident, giving you clues.

He'd have been a much more interesting character if he had actually been corrupted and betrayed Dhurke's ideology.

I skipped 90% of his dialogue because he was boring.

I hope he returns next game, he was fucking based.

I cant believe he's 40 though.

Also, "That's a rebel" is the joke with his name

>double jeopardy
>in japanifornia

Except that's literally how the game explains why he can't be tried for it again. So yes, Double Jeopardy does exist in Japanifornia.

When did Blackquill become so good? I still hate Athena and dislike DD, but somewhere along the way Blackquill became great. Maybe I already liked him in DD since he did feel quite threatening as a prosecutor there. Also his weeabooism is sidesplitting.

He's alright. Not the best, not the worst. I don't think we'll see him in any other AA games, unless it's gonna be set up in Khura'in as well. AJ2?

I'm more interested in the fact that Thalassa finally decided it's time to tell Trucy and Apollo about them being siblings.
I'm not entirely sure how that's gonna happen though.

Double jeopardy is a central part of 3-2, you know.

He could be funny if he stopped calling everything putrid and started using more original insults.

He's pretty much a shitty, hindi Edgeworth. Still better than Klavier

Blackquill was the best part of DD.

I say that as someone who likes DD, though.

He was literally always that way. A lot of people thought he was the best prosecutor after Edgey, even if they didn't like the game overall. He really is the best though. He has the most funny moments in his games. People laugh at Paul for leaving the witness stand, but this dude just fucking left the prosecution bench because he didn't want to deal with Means.

because she's retarded and actually helped Ga'ran's regime. The people of Khura'in probably hate her now

I wish I had amara

set her free immediately

Damn can I have her next

Who're you talking to? :^)

he should let it go, and move on.

you don't have to delete happy accidents

>he stood an hour in line for a burger
>and then recommended one to the judge

My sides were split

I don't get the Athena hate. She has a good potential for character devlopment, and her interactions with Blackquill are great.

>Expected Rayfa to be your obligatory "assistant" that makes constant jabs at you
>She actually gets some character development and grows as a character

Neat. I liked her a lot more then I thought I would.

>yfw the significance of two victims

His theories on what happened are so terrible and far-fetched, you'd think he was a lawyer instead of a prosecutor.
The insults are alright and he can be pretty funny at times, but he's kind of a non-element.
He's probably my least favourite prosecutor.

that's what your dad said to your mom and she always regretted it

who is best AA girl and why is it armie

Everyone keeps calling it that, despite that description being far more suggestive of case 3 than case 5.

Ohhhhh. I thought it was "That's our ball" and I was really confused.

good, keeping spoilers vague and confusing is always a plus

Why did Amara never have Nahyuta whisk Rayfa away to a remote location and then call a press conference to say she was still alive? If Ga'ran tried any shit Amara could just have told them that she can't channel spirits.

because Amara still loved her sister

they said this in the game you need to pay more attention

Get in here:

strawpoll.me/11252094
strawpoll.me/11252094
strawpoll.me/11252094

So Amara is a retarded cunt who could effortlessly have averted all the tragedies of the final case and more atrocities under Ga'ran's reign?

Can't pick between Maya and Edgeworth

You're talking about the woman who genuinely believed her husband tried to kill her because her sister told her so

Yes.

She's a fucking idiot

Pretty much

Ga'an was still her sister, and she still loved her. She though she was protecting her for her own good.

You make it sound very black and white but if one of my sisters came up to me and told me my wife is trying to kill me I would be pretty conflicted

There's only one correct choice.

>this part
Oh, for fuck's sake.

But it's explicitly stated that after Dhurke steals her back for a while, the way Ga'ran keeps her in line is by blackmailing her with Rayfa. It's rather obvious she doesn't have Amara's best interests in mind there.

Weebquill is the best prosecutor in the entire series, fuck Edgeworth

>there are THREE (3) different semantics arguments in this game
>none are about ladders and stepladders aside from one brief nod

Gotta keep it real.

I wish I screencapped the stepladder stuff

>Maya: "I've grown out of our old stepladder argument"
>Nick: "You mean ladder, Maya."

6-4 was top tier.
Short, but sweet.

>Short, but sweet.
Like those bean buns made by Japanese immigrants.

I'm playing through the trilogy for the first time. How does this game compare with the trilogy games and dual destinies? I'm looking forward to dual destinies because i think Athena is really cute

>Japanse name: Dattsu Dinigeru
That's the nigger

After last thread I'm gonna make a tier list of AA moms. Who are the moms in the games?
Misty Fey, Metis Cykes, Amara Khu'rain, Thalassa Gramarye, Morgan Fey, Plum Kitaki, Ga'ran Khu'rain

50% of his dialogue is talking aload of pointless shit about the holy mother or talking about the defence/defendant that they should give up

>How does this game compare with the trilogy games and dual destinies?
I think everyone agrees on SoJ being better than DD, at least.

Both SoJ and DD are solid games.

I'd say that they are as good if not better than the first game, better than the second, and below the third.

This is gonna make me sound like a manchild but bear with me for a moment:

Don't you think that she looks a lot like Disgust from Pixar's Inside Out?

>9 year old boy is the same height as a 18 year old girl

Japanifornian girls are naturally tiny.

Distinctively better than DD, I can comfortably put it in the same tier with the first AA and T&T

Justine Courtney is the only one you've missed, I think.

The high priest's wife counts right? She was with child after all.

isn't ahlbi standing on a crate in court

No Japanese cliche is more reliable or more cute than the insecure flat girl.

Yeah, Ahlbi gets a apple crate like all short witnesses.

>what mistake did Bonny make during her magic trick
>her life choices

Apollo sure can be savage when he wants to

I'm probably asking the obvious here, but I'm assuming it's best to play them in order, right?

Awful prosecutor but good character.

What the fuck is his problem?

This game had a flashback problem, kinda like how DD had a "someone objects and they flash to every character in court" problem.

>heh heh Wright I have a little trick up my sleeve
>PRINCESS RAYFA ONE DAY YOU'LL BE QUEEN AND HAVE TO DECIDE STUFF, YOU PROBABLY WON'T REMEMBER THIS SO LET'S FLASH BACK HERE 10 MORE TIMES

Pretty solid overall though.

What do you think.

My 3rd favorite prosecutor because I have a thing for characters that are complete fucking pricks.

I wanna fuck that monk

Yes.

You'll also want to play the two spinoff Edgeworth games, Ace Attorney investigations 1 & 2. They can be played before or after AA4.

The second investigation game never got an english release, but there's a very good fan translation available.

Thanks doc.

SoJ also had an issue with panning over the gallery in court too often.

Ur dihara Khura'in! Ur dihara Khura'in! Ur dihara Khura'in!

DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH
DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH

He was such a fun witness. Uendo and Blackquill
made case 4 for me

youtube.com/watch?v=6XneUAlQqjE

>PRINCESS RAYFA ONE DAY YOU'LL BE QUEEN

I think they only did that three times during the trial, but it still felt a bit stupid.
Is this the new Guitar's Serenade?

You're welcome.

To be fair it's a really good effect. It was only real bad during the Khura'in trails.

Really great concept, the tranformation animations were smooth and just enjoyable to look at.

Yeah, it was a little excessive but it's not that bad.
I still remember Danganronpa 1.
>The sixteenth student

A DRAGON NEVER YIELDS

>he doesn't like the crowd screaming DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH

I wish the load times in SoJ were a bit better. It's real noticeable during the Insight sections.

I've even had bad load times during trials and it causes the characters to snap into their animations.

>MUKURO IKUSABA
>WATCH OUT FOR HER

Yeah, I preferred BARNHAM BARNHAM BARNHAM but DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH and ANIHILATE EXTERMINATE was hilarious to read

Khura'inism is a religion of peace.

How do you feel about Athena

He probably has my favorite prosecutor theme next to Edgeworth and Barnham.

youtube.com/watch?v=N2yapHMwz4M

>tfw barnham will never be part of the prosecutor's office
>he will never argue with blackquill about if knights or samurai are stronger
>the judge will never tell him to refrain from taking out his sword during proceeedings

She's fine and not a chore to have around like some of the other assistants.

Lord Zacharias Barnham is ready, your Honor!

youtube.com/watch?v=jfWHX3vkVxk

Horribly annoying in DD
Salvaged quite well in SoJ

I hate her hair and a handful of her animations are annoying (but most are okay).
I kinda wish they picked a different design out of the concept art because her writing is pretty good.

Seeing shah'do made me reminisce about Barnham
I miss him
At least we got datz

>reskinned Lynne

>Level 5 ended up making one of the best prosecutors

Fuck Barnham doesn't get enough love.

>They will never argue over which one of their pets is better

She's fine. I don't hate her like most.

Barnham was written by Takumi

I forgot how cute Constantine was. Why was best boy shafted so hard in his own game?

Takumi worked on the crossover? Huh, didn't know that. I thought it was all Level-5.

BARNHAM! BARNHAM! BARNHAM! BARNHAM!

The crossover was better than DD

Takumi wrote it, Level 5 developed it. Yeah, even the Layton-style twist and Layton being a Mary Sue compared to everyone else were Takumi's own doing.

Eh, I disagree. The final trial was way too Layton-y for me to enjoy as much as AA. The third case was pretty baller though.

She looks like every other girl in the smug, bitchy archetype, user.

>reach the scene where Maya dies on PLvsAA
>"yeah sure, as if"
>five minutes later, music box variant of Turnabout Sisters begins playing
>mfw

case 5 > case 3 > case 1 > case 2 > case 4

Case 1 is only good because of guitar Jesus. Otherwise it's pretty awful

2 > 3 > 5 = 4 > 1

5 > 3 = 2 > 4 >1

Guitar Jesus was dope indeed. But perhaps swap case 2 and case 1 because you are right, the rest is very tutorial tier.

5 > 4 > 2 > 3 > 1

Case 2 is way better then case 1. Mr. Reus made that case. He's probably one of the best case 2 villians, tied with Atmey and Mimi

youtube.com/watch?v=gk7Rfl4rpHo

5 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 4

Worst post I ever o_O SEEEEEEEEEEEEEN O_o

Perfect taste.

>friends with pretty much everyone except Aura
>even receives a gift from one of the villains, despite said villain treating everyone else like trash
>"She's so amazing"
>"She's so strong"
>Only her gimmick is allowed in court
>athletic
>multilingual

They really shoved her in your face in DD.
I kind of hated her at first, but don't really mind her now.

It was mostly Level-5, but Capcom did some things like character designs and writing.

5 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 1

This is most accurate

shit

As are most first cases. This is probably the best witness we've ever gotten in a first case.

t. putrid mind

>>even receives a gift from one of the villains, despite said villain treating everyone else like trash

Remind me?

Am I the only one who found case 5 a little too ridiculous and high-stakes to fully enjoy it? The way it kept trying to bombard you with epic twists instead of just focusing on a few major twist and processing them got really tiresome too.

Let's be fair here, he is incompetent fuckturd
It was clear since case 2. The only reason why his charges lasted so long it's because lawyers were incompetent too for the sake of writing

5 = 4 > 3 > 2 > 1

>one of the few prosecutors that is actually good at refuting the defense's assertions with his own arguments
>incompetent

>case with dd characters above anything

L'Belle gives Athena a hair color from his exclusive collection.

>implying Mr. Reus wasn't easily the best villain in SoJ
>that reveal
>that subtle yet distinctive "transformation" instead of turning into a fucking Final Fantasy villain out of nowhere
>that theme
>the only good breakdown in the game

>Athena's hair are less orange and more brown in SoJ
DEEP.

Never start a statement with "Am I the only one", you are never the only one. The only purpose of "Am I the only one" is to get upboats or (You)s. I'll bite though.

You have shit taste.

Yes. Simon and Athena were great.

>So, what is the consensus on the new prosecutor?

You could just have said yes instead of sperging out and embarrassing yourself. Well, too late now, I suppose. Fortunately for you we're anonymous.

Better than Gavin.

But then again they could have Oldbag as the prosecutor and it'd still be better than Gavin

>the only good breakdown in the game

No.

But yes, he's the best villain in the game.

Post your top 3 Ace Attorney games:

>AAI2
>Spirit of Justice
>Dual Destinies

Saying yes to you being the only one is wrong. You are not the only one with that opinion, but you have shit taste. Let it go and move on.

I guarantee you in a few months when SoJ's honeymoon period is over, there'll be many more people saying this. Back when DD came out, threads following its release also had the vast majority of people saying it was one of the best AA's. Now people are far more critical of it, with a fair amount of people rating it as one of the weakest entries.

Most of time it's fucking culprit who refutes your arguments, not monk
And 90% of time he just ignores things what inconvenient for him
Like why there no high priest blood on the dagger, or why priest doesn't heard Maya's steps behind him
Or like how could Trucy knew about prank if you just pointed out how her signature ended up on this paper
The only reason why he lasted so long it's because all lawyers become more retarded too for some reason

A paper bag would be better then him.

>using a Nahyuta quote

Don't tell me you like the second-worst prosecutor in the series?

I'll agree with you on everything except for breakdown. I thought Paul had a better one.

>Dual Destinies

People are going to shit on you, user.

My bad, I forgot about Geiru's balloon breakdown.

I'm glad I replay the series every so often to see that the "honeymoon period" is always actually correct

Afterwards it's just nerds being hypercritical on shit like plotholes and shit

I did think the stakes were pretty ridiculous (literally overthrowing a queen) but I disagree about the twists. The big one was the big one and others like Amara being alive were already given to you.

You also forgot "I am not a crook".

I did think the stakes were pretty ridiculous (literally overthrowing a queen) but I disagree about the twists. The big one was the big one and others like Amara being alive were already given to you.

DD isn't actually bad. It had a honeymoon period, but the real problem is that people just vastly overrate the trilogy. They act like 1-4 and 1-5 are the only cases in AA, for instance. DD is actually solid, but since it's closer in people's minds, they are more critical of it despite it not actually being bad.

>those balloons popping
disappointing desu

It was great, and I have to add I love Reus' animations. They're fun to watch.

Payne > Edgeworth >Blackquill > Barnham > Manfred > Franziska > Nahyuta > Godot > Darklaw > Shit > Klavier

I think I'd switch Franzy and Nahyuta, and Payne obviously, but this is solid list.

I just want to say I loved Turnabout Revolution the most for Apollo hanging out with Dhurke. The uncomfortable silences and embarrassing stories, plus Dhurke joking he should marry Trucy, were great.

As of now it's

>AAI2
>SoJ
>T&T

Royal Payne was best.

Most of the modern breakdowns attempt to be really outlandish and funny/clever in some way with the 3D. Some of them are good, but I do also miss the breakdowns that just consisted of people absolutely losing their shit (like Engarde, Kristoph, etc.) as they could be very satisfying to watch.

Phoenix should have gotten a new "Lose" animation when Apollo beat him. It was extremely disappointing that he just did the typical Shock animation while shouting in defeat. Even one where he slams the table and slumps down in depression since Maya's life was on the line. Or the rest of his hair spikes wigging out.

Nahyuta is too high
There no way he is better than Godot or even Klavier

replace DD with T&T and I approve

>Von Karma sr. not on top
Shameful display

Shit mah nigga, me too:

I think Godot is overrated. His theme is good, but his motives were fucking terrible.

>it's all your fault for something you couldn't have possibly stopped in any way

I still like him though. You can't beat smooth jazz.

Do you think he pointed his objection finger inside Franzy?

As a prosecutor he was pretty competent, can't say the same about monk

>AS A PROSECUTOR, GODOT WAS PRETTY COMPETENT

Holy shit, user. Your memory is terrible.

Who the fuck cares about motive? That doesn't even come in until the last seconds of the game and he's a very entertaining prosecutor otherwise.

After playing through the first 4 games three times, I actually think AJ:AA is the best one in the series overall, T&T had the best cases if you take them one by one though
But I still think 6-2 might be the best case in the series so far

I'd put Nahyuta right under Barnham, personally.

You're entitled to your taste, but I'm not sure why you'd say AJ is the best. It really wasn't that great and had a very disappointing final case and the overall plot wasn't that good (although it was their first attempt at one).

I'm not sure how you'd rank 6-2 the highest in a world with so many amazing final cases, but alright.

do you think he smelled the finger afterwards? just wondering haha

Poo

What's with the Rayfa CHEST BULLIED thing? Never saw that.

Trials and Tribulations > Ace Attorney Investigations 2 > Spirit of Justice > Ace Attorney > Ace Attorney Investigations > Dual Destinies > Apollo Justice > Justice for All

I'd switch AAI and DD, but overall good list.

>rating by game

>Godot
>competent prosecutors
That guy bluffed more than Nick and relied WAY too much on burden of proof instead of logic. Sad monk shits all over him in terms of prosecutional prowess.

Ga'ran did it all the time in the last trial.

I'd switch DD and Investigations 1. I couldn't even bring myself to finish that game, what a snorefest.

No.

DD is better than AAI

I agree. They're both dicks, but at least SadMonk is a competent one.

Where would Nahyuta go? Probably with Franziska, right?

And Ga'ran? Probably with Blaise and such

>Godot: Prove it Trite I don't have to make any actual argument I just have to say prove it
>Every time

You guys are right, I overhyped AAI before I remembered how tedious the last case was. Consider it switched.

Investigations 2 > Spirit of Justice + DLC > Dual Destinies + DLC > Trials and Tribulations > Spirit of Justice > Dual Destinies > Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney > Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton > Investigations 1 > Dai Gyakuten Saiban > Justice for All > Apollo Justice

>Sad monk
>Competent
Please explain

Nahyuta is in competent as fuck. He legit got a Guilty verdict against THE Phoenix Wright.

Apollo definitely deserves an upgrade or two after this game.

AJ is also better than AAI

press her during her cross-exam

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>legit

>He legit got a Guilty verdict against THE Phoenix Wright.
Only because Phoenix go full retard in this case
>Can't tell difference between knife and fucking spike wound
>Didn't used new ingame mechanic to prove what with all senses visible there no way Maya could came from behind

AA3 > AAI2 > AA6 > AA2 = AA5 = AA > AAI > AA4

I'm not too fond of most final cases because you can see too clearly the deus ex machinas in there, I still think Von Karma being the killer is one of the biggest asspull of the whole series
I liked that case because it was self contained but clearly took from the continuity and built on it, also I kinda of fell in love with Mr Reus and his theme

As for AJ:AA, maybe I liked its darker tone and characters, I was really disappointed Phoenix reverted again in DD, I also liked how its overall theme was dealing with the fact lawyers can't always have the needed evidence, in a series where, again, you always have everything by lucky circumstances

>press her

there is literally nothing to press on her

hehe

>Nick proves it
"Ah fuck, I'll just drink coffee and hope the witness objects for me"
Godot was shit.

Apollo is Law Deity tier. He's a considered a goddamn revolutionary hero now

>being this buttmad Nick got BTFO by Sad Monk
You should both come to terms that he is past his prime. Let it go, and move on.

Apollo is now the best lawyer no shit: he won against someone who could write whatever laws she wanted and legit beat Phoenix Wright

Well that's Phoenix's fault, not Sad Monk's

youtube.com/watch?v=NHlKKca5Lho that guitar made it feel so intense

He beat Phoenix because the truth was on his side. In a role reversal Phoenix would also beat Apollo.

I do think Apollo is equal to Phoenix in terms of skill, though.

This fucking image

>Phoenix has solved less than 20 cases
>by the time AA7 comes out, Apollo will have solved hundreds

I want to bully Rayfa with my dick

youtu.be/SrarXhcg3fs
Post your favorite new ost. The Lobby theme was delicious.

I see.

youtube.com/watch?v=zWNAx-lvdZI
youtube.com/watch?v=bu55SrCtC-o
It's between these 2

youtube.com/watch?v=F1ut-eTUMrc
youtube.com/watch?v=Hd_VBRY9zOU

youtube.com/watch?v=A8WQQII1HZU

Post yfw you found out Dhurke was dead the whole time

If I have to judge by internal thoughts, I have to say Phoenix bluffs and is cornered much more frequently than Apollo, Apollo also seems more able to poker face than both Phoenix and Athena, who put up their sweat face far too often

A dragon never ______

youtube.com/watch?v=g3s1aqSCEd8
youtube.com/watch?v=1J6vEvMyb3c

STOPS

>Apollo's wasn't voiced

visits his adopted son

DIES

>shitting on 6-4 because it's filler
>worshipping the original trilogy that has the highest filler ratio

Why would they bully her chest, when she's got perfectly bullyable armpits?

Ga'ran starts bullying the shit out of Rayfa.
>We cancelled plumed punisher because the actress was too busty to respectably represent Rayfa
>Even though she's lacking in other areas, her eyesight is good
Rayfa then promises to drink lots of milk so she can surpass her mothers body one day

1-3, 2-2, 3-2 and 3-3 were great. Fuck you.

3-3 was worse than 2-3 tho

Yeah that was really weird. It was certainly set up to be voiced.

That's simply not true. 3-3 is pretty decent.

Interesting tidbit: JFA is actually better than AA, but few people realize this.

>2-2, 3-2 and 3-3 were great

I don't shit on 6-4 because of that
Hell, I even like Weebquill and Athena because she's very sexy
I hate it because 3 words out of 4 were japanese and all that japanese look
It was "Eat your hamburgers Apollo": the case
Also, I'm sure most of the humor was lost in translation

>press her during her cross-exam
I think that's illegal, user.

Since we all pretty much agree SoJ was great. What was up with IGN's review and other people giving it a lukewarm reception, morseso than DD? How is sticking to the formula a bad thing?

>shitting on 6-4 because it's filler
Literally no one does this.
Not even in the previous thread, you know.

>Hating on the best AA waifu and the Tiger

I bet you think 6-5 was good lmao

>People are so desperate to shitfling that they've started shitting on some of the best cases in the Trilogy

Damn, I didn't realize these threads had gotten so bad.

>Game that literally rides on having one of the best cases in the series to be decent
>versus a game with consistently better cases

>press her

>no animated version of this with Means.

It's not a AAA game
They only care about how much money was poured unless it's not SJW indieshit, why would you think this kind of games never get any coverage in awards? Hell, they even despise handheld games to begin with

>IGN

not enough ad banners purchased by reggie

2-2 and 2-3 shit all over 1-2 and 1-3, buddy.

6-4 was great though.

meant to link

1-1: decent tutorial to the games, Payne is retardedly incompetent though
1-2: decent way of kicking off Mia, starts the pun names trend
1-3: average case
1-4: amazing case
1-5: horribly difficult, super satisfying ending, but overrated

2-1: contender for worst case without a doubt
2-2: good case
2-3: awful case
2-4: fucking amazing case

3-1: great first case
3-2: great case
3-3: bad case
3-4: good case, excellent prelude to the final case
3-5: fucking best case ever, perfect closing to a trilogy

youtu.be/OQQmZnXaQEM
youtu.be/xe1ycePCBYA
youtube.com/watch?v=KMeRjoHp10E

This visual novel is a visual novel 6.5 it's okay

t.JFAcuck.

>2-3 shitting on something at all

yeah, no

IGN stands for ignorant.
Also DD stuck to the formula much more than SoJ.

2-1>1-1
2-2>1-2
1-3>2-3
2-4>1-4
>consistently better cases
Nice meme

>1-2 starts the pun name trend
>Larry Butz
>Frank Sahwit

Anyone got a link to the OST for 6? Something better than a game rip would be preferred.

Is it weird I don't like her that way? I'm into flat girls, but her dance kinda revealed her body to be too much thin and baby-like for me to like it
Trucy and Bonny got me very hard on those anime cutscenes and leg animation though

I've only played the first game ages ago and fucking loved it. Never played the later games because I was at a busy point in life and heard they had bad translations, how true is that?

There is nothing better than a game rip, there's no official OST

Nice hivemind opinion. Let me guess, you also think Dark Souls II is bad?

>2-1 > 1-1
>2-2 > 1-2
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Don't forget Winston Payne. Not to mention Phoenix himself, in a way.

On itself, maybe.
Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha! Aha!

I can't see how. But Opinions and all.

Uuh there is

Disc 1: drive.google.com/file/d/0B4atLqCvfqJcRFdSdkhCemRyREE/view?usp=sharing

Disc 2:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B4atLqCvfqJcU1VxYUVwUmY1Y3M/view?usp=sharing

Did you honestly not want to punch every character in the face in that case? The clown laughing was half the textboxes on that episode

I disliked aspects of it because of the following:
>The Defendant was more or less comatose, and his presence was barely felt.
>The villain isn't funny and frankly kind of annoying but the second the breakdown occurs and takes off all the stupid make and wig, immediately becomes a more relatable character.

I think my problem with case 4 is almost entirely tied to it's execution.

>Dhurke, through sheer force of will, married the former queen despite being a nothing but a defense attorney
>Apollo, a defense attorney who has taken over Dhurke's office, is now working daily with the current princess

Apollo is going to be practicing pressing the witness every night with Rayfa as his dragon never yields.

People pretend 1-5 is godlike, but the truth is the first two days of the case are a long and boring slog, and it only gets good in the final day. It does get really good and it's enough to carry it, but people tend to pretend the first two days don't exist.

>Bad translations

Nigger where the fuck did you hear that from? Go fucking play the rest of the trilogy right now before you get spoiled.

If you liked the first game you'll like the others. At this point half the charm is from them trying desperately to hold onto the fact that it's America despite the obviously Japanese shit that keeps popping up

1-5 suffers from lasting THREE ENTIRE FUCKING DAYS, Angel Starr's testimony having the problem that it needs to be pressed twice and a massive increase in difficulty from 1-4

But the third day more than makes up for it though. But it's still a case with a lot of flaws.

>people shit on 4-3's video but never on 1-5's with its wriggling piece of plywood

How does the dialogue go if you choose this?

They're actually quite bad translations but they're great localizations.

>Buck gives crucial evidence and testimony
>presence was barely felt

I didn't mind the first two days of 1-5.

Honestly I thought 1-4's first days were worse.

The only character that bothered me was the ventriloquist guy. Moe and Max are both very underrated characters that people pretend are walking memes even though there's more to their character. It also gave us the first sympathetic villain in AA (you could argue Dee from 1-3, but she was still a cunt even though she killed in self defense).

>presence was barely felt
Because he was literally barely present.

You can skip through that way more easily and it's used only twice, and in a row, not randomly during normal conversation and shit

Something like

"No, I'm sure Bonny will be a good magician one day! Good luck Bonny!"

He's definitely a bit of a prick when you choose it.

He makes a joke and wishes them good luck
Apollo's going to either shove his dick down Athena's throat after he gets her there too because work is too much to handle, or get Jun to be a judge in Khu'rain because they need more as trials are now longer
Him following Dhurke advice and smuggle Trucy there is also a possibility, but I guess Phoenix would stop him

>mfw Ga'ran is LITERALLY a law deity

>Previous case villain
>Not sympathetic

>Guitar Serenade

>Burning on in my heart. Fire.
>Burn my love away. All away.
>Like a bullet of love. Fire.
>Take my life away. All away.

>Jove Justice actually died in a fire

There's no way they actually thought of it this far in advance...

I dunno what is worse, people that want to shit on JFA, AJ and AAI like a broken record or the ones that think those games are actually good.

Edgeworth was the sympathetic villain before 1-5 retconned him

>First sympathetic villain

Mimi was better then fucking Acro.

>Acro
>Brother goes into a coma because Regina is retarded
>Then gets a retarded plan that ends up getting an innocent man killed

>Mimi
>Overworked by her boss which made dozens of patients die
>Then gets into a car crash which kills her sister
>Gets so burned she then has live the rest of her life as her retarded sister
>Also was going to get sued by her boss

Mimi doesn't get nearly enough credit, she's probably my favorite "villain".

you

The most horrible characters are Regina and Ben/Trilo, but the ENTIRE FIRST DAY PLOT centers around them and their creepy marriage shit. It's horrible. It's impressive the anime actually managed to fix it.

It's like how 4-2 could potentially be a good case if it centered around the reformed mafia/doctor stuff, but nope, an entire day of panties xd

Rayfa's animations and facial expressions are what make my dick diamonds. I didn't care for her when I first saw the character, but the more she appears on screen the more I want to fuck the shit out of her.

P-Polly...?

>Jove Justice
>Apollo's father in roman mythology is Jove
>Minerva (A.k.a. Athena in Greek) is his daughter
>Athena is younger so she can't be her sister
This shit is bothering me way too much for some reason

So what you're saying is

we should actually watch that video again?

They probably did actually. If people actually liked the direction Apollo Justice went, game 5 would have probably talked about his father' case.

Thanks m8. You're the best.

>yfw Rayfa wasn't perceived and her spot wasn't her armpits

What a qt.

So like Courtney and Sebastian?

1-3 has the worst investigation sequence yet, slightly worse than 3-3

>Jove is another word for Zeus
>Gant was based on Zeus

seems the best theory still holds up 100%, too bad Jove ended up being executed or whatever in AA1 anyway

Someone already posted Mr. Reus so
youtube.com/watch?v=OjgbvrYGZyk

that smug pose with the exposed armpit is as much as my dick can handle desu. I don't want to have to take a break to jerk off while trying to solve a murder.

I want to bully Trucy with my dick

>tfw her benevolence will never ridicule you as you fuck her armpits

WE DETHRONE HER, HERE AND NOW

youtu.be/zvabCKaN42U for some reason I really liked the khura'in detention center theme

AND HE ACTUALLY DID IT!
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN!

How's the anime?

Are there post-release developer interviews for this game? Has anyone translated the one at the end of the artbook?

Post yfw AMARA GETS FUCKING SHOT IN COURT

I thought Mimi was a good character that tied in nicely into JFA's theme that gets nicely built upon in 2-4. It's a shame the other two cases are kinda... shitty.

Really not good. I only watch it to show my support for the franchise.

It's alright. It has a very small budget so the animation ranges from okay to really crappy, but it's worth watching if you like the games a lot and just want some bonus scenes with these characters.

>again?
>bravo capcom

not bad

>apollo is the greek god of music
>both his parents are musicians

like pottery

feels bad

Janet Hsu's blog probably has what you need
capcom-unity.com/zeroobjections/blog

>YFW Ga'Ran is a sex goddess

I definitely didn't expect that.

>that closeup on her chest

I think it's more of the case that they worked backwards and matched his death to the song.

You can kind of loosely tie most of the song to the whole Jove situation if you want to stretch it a bit.

>"O that night, in your embrace"
Night of the fire, holding baby Apollo.

>"When you stole away the keys"
Stole away = kept
keys = passport, identification for Jove, Apollo

>"My heart held on to so tight"
She wanted Apollo to be alive

>"Pleasure, Pleasure, but a fleeting melody"
He died when they were only together for a year.

>"It wraps itself around me"
Melody, Jove was a guitarist, grief?

>"And now through the air I fly"
She went back home to the US

The last paragraph is pretty self-explanatory.

>"Guitar, Guitar, up together in the sky"
They both "died".

It really is stretching it though.

how's the DLC case, piratebros?

So they didn't think to give him the dragon tatoo at first

Maybe the tattoo was originally supposed to be somewhere else

Oh shit you're right, I forgot about that. It was actually relevant to the case too.

Blackquill was always great. The reason 6-4 didn't suck total ass was because of him. Shithena was the stain on AA5

In AA6 she feels like she has no purpose. Her backstory is done, her purpose for becoming a lawyer is fulfilled, they had to force a filler case just to make her feel worthwhile and even then, Simon did most of the work.

Every case she's on feels like AA4, where every case is being solved for her, she struggles to stand on her own two feet most of the time. In AA5 she loses to payne and has to have Phoenix bail her out and Apollo was always a step ahead of her in 5-3, which was fine because its her first case. In AA6, Simon was constantly bailing her out. She got that case late, but still made no effort to even get the basics of what was going on that it made Nahyuta's claims of throwing her out of the courtroom almost valid. Her potential is a very optimistic genki girl which works for an assistant, for the main attorney, she has no skills to back it up.

>
He already perceived Juniper's chest in 5-3, no surprise here

Yeah it could be on his forehead or something

Looking awfully Satsuki there on the bottom right.

t.Mayacuck.

Athena is a cute character, and I liked playing as her, I still don't see what's your problem with her
I hated how she took Trucy's place though

Getting ready to start case 5, how long does it take to complete it?

About as long as Case 3 and 4 combined, maybe a bit longer

8-10 hours.

Don't play it in one sitting unless you've got all day

Damn, I hate breaking up cases, don't think I can just sit there and play it all at once tho.

Did anyone else notice that the thing covering his hand (whatever it's called) had something resembling a spider on it?
I suppose you couldn't help but notice when he throws it straight at the camera in slow motion though, but it was visible in the prologue video too.

Day 1 and 2 are almost two separate cases, the end of the first trial is a good stopping point.

>Apollo demands the queen to remove her top

6-4's thought route was the least necessary shit ever

>Udon
>Udon
>THE MURDER WEAPON
>WAS
>UDON DOUGH

When Dhurke gets shot, is it the first time they showed someone getting murdered in AA?

Literally the first few seconds of the entire series show someone getting murdered.

>Inga Karkhuul My Wife's Sister's Daughter Khura'in

Not really. AA does it pretty much in every game.

Bullshit we never saw Frank swing the weapon. Just the aftermath of Stone's body laying there.

>we could have had green beret Datz
>we could have had fedora Datz

>that stamping animation
>"Oh, these are just orders of execution. No biggie."
Inga was glorious the few times he was on-screen.

youtube.com/watch?v=d7jv1ticnf0

>yfw

What would you let a smug Rayfa do to you?

Is this the lewdest Ace Attorney game?

>Athena says Trucy is a bad girl when she looks though her purse
>Geiru's "Ballons" and "Twisty twisty twist!"
>Rayfa being made fun of for being flat
>Dhurke saying Apollo and Nahyuta ran around naked when they were kids
>Apollo getting fucking stripped down
>That zoom-in on Ga'ran's boobs

It's pretty different in SoJ's case.

>Dhurke saying Apollo and Nahyuta ran around naked when they were kids
>lewd

That prison guy Mia defended died because of Dahlia's poison, remember? He coughed up blood and died on the spot.

Let her insult me.

She can do whatever she wants, but I'll just come back and bully her about her flat chest and general uselessness.

This. Violence wasn't as graphic before. When Redd White killed Mia, we didn't see the moment of impact, just before and after. Here we see the actual death, uncut.
That wasn't a murder.

>We see someone flat out getting shot
>This game still got a Teen rating while DD somehow got a Mature rating

I don't understand the ESRB.

That legitimately caught me off guard and spooked me. It was real sudden. He took it like a champ though.

>get to 6-5
>really like Dhurke
>he tells me he's going to die
>a-at least I got to spend time with him when he was alive
>he was dead the whole time
>his corpse was in the fucking tomb where Apollo and Athena were dicking around in, mere inches away

I...I don't think I'll be able to replay SoJ Cred Forums...

Different? Alright it is yeah.

ESRB doesn't actually play games.

THERE
WERE
TWO
VICTIMS
;-;

Can we agree AA6 had best way to divide who you play as.

3 PW
2 AJ
1 AC

I would like that formula to be new standard

>Just Phoenix and Athena left at the office

Oh right. Whoops. Guess I'll get rid of it right about now.

You should at least replay 6-5's first investigation day. It's so much more interesting when you know.

>A DRAGON NEVER YIELDS

Best shit ever

Best quote to be made of use since Wright summoned Mia to slap the shit out of Godot

>Implying Athena isn't getting Blackquilled

You know, I'm kind of surprised they don't bother with romance anymore with any of the protagonists.

>Apollo gets left in Khurain

>Meanwhile Wright and Maya gets a DLC case

For fucks sake Capcom, give Apollo a fucking DLC case

The game is meant for Apollo yet you still cuck him out of one

Too bad Apollo didn't get a voiced line for it.

fujo bux

>interesting

More like devastating.
>Dhurke suggests things they could do as a father and son
>"I think I'll pass"
>"Uh, okay then."

that's literally a scene where she's captaining the phoenix/maya ship

She want the horn dick, right?

Will Apollo get a change of outfit similar to Phoenix now?

>implying Nick isn't denser than some of the most bone headed anime protagonists

Short of knocking him unconscious with a fire extinguisher and having her way with him, Athena doesn't stand a chance.

But Apollo's name isn't on the cover.

Maybe someday he'll get his time to shine in one.

But not now.

AA7 DLC

>Trucy, Pearl, and Athena will never get together and push the Phoenix/Maya ship

Cause DD had a kid covered in blood. That was it.

>thought DD's DLC would be Wright with Trucy or maybe Apollo
>nope, have some more Athena for no fucking reason other than her gimmick

I hope they give him a long coat and longer hair: looked cool in the AA5 outfit
But please no Kuh'rain shit: I want western outfits for him

Pearl has grown out of it, she wants to go to night clubs now

Athena had some character development in SoJ, even if it might not seem plot relevant(for now) because she and Blackquill aren't actually related to other plot relevant characters.

In DD she had Phoenix and Apollo constantly bailing her out, but they always failed to address her problem, so she just went on like this without actually improving herself as a lawyer.
Sure, her backstory was solved, but as a defense attorney she still wasn't worth much.

In SoJ Simon gave her a wake up call, he teached her that she can't always rely on others to babysit her all the time and that she needs to grow up if she wants to be respected.
You can argue that he still helped her a lot, but at least she was able to solve the case by herself, and it built the basis to have her become a "real" defense attorney in the next game.

tl;dr Athena does have skills to be a good attorney, but since she tends to rely too much on help she needed a "sink or swim" mentor to awaken them.

Is the DLC case worth it?

It's fine. He took the climax of the game out from under everyone's noses so it's okay if he's left out of the DLC.

Maybe now he'll finally wear that jacket Trucy made fun of him about

Dhurke's clothes are great though. It's a better alt than the school uniform that he currently has.

I'm still upset that the pink sweater didn't come back for Nick.

Apollo does get one

But it is a mini case where as Wright also gets a mini case AND a full DLC case

Wright is by default supposed to have more

>Pearl gets harassed by Chads at a night club
>she channels Juan Corrida or any other buff guy she can think of
>beats the shit out of them

She'll appear in AA7, right?
Right?

It's even in the beginning of the game.
At least the pool of blood is.

They should maybe give her a case where she's at the defence's bench with the defendant akin to 2-1 and 4-1.

I hope they pull an Adrian with her

>Edgeworth adopts her
>alternatively, Pearl adopts her

I'm replaying DD just to reevaluate it. It's funny that Dhurke is clearly reverse-engineered from scrapped Big Boss Apollo concepts. He even has a mad face that was probably the inspiration for Dhurke's dragon stare thing.

This Clay shit is so contrived though, it's unfortunate.

>This Clay shit is so contrived though, it's unfortunate.
But user. Don't you like shoehorned BFF you don't even fucking talk to?

Did they ever bother with such a thing though? This series was always filled with platonic relationships.

The only ones I can see with some potential - because they're not blood related or live in different cities/countries or with an age gap which is way too big even by AA standards - are Athena and Blackquill and even then you can very easily see their relationship as a brother-sister/mentor-protege one.

They wanted Clay to be Apollo's dad at first. Imagine that.

I really doubt Blackquill has any sort of interest in Athena, because he still seems to think of her as that little girl he saved.

The only ones involving the protagonists seem to be:
>Phoenix and Dahlia Iris
Obvious
>Apollo and Jun
Maybe a bit one sided on Jun's side
>Phoenix and Thalassa
He does talk about how she makes him horny a lot in AJ

Everything else is either jokes or platonic relationships, sadly there is not room for bromances in 2000's and everything has to be gay tension

>I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing it to save the Soba Shop
Says the man who spent approximately 10 years in prison to protect said person.

Well, she clearly wants him to stop seeing her as a little girl, so maybe he'll stop doing that when she finally becomes a full fledged lawyer.

It's not like Athena was in death peril right now, I don't think he'd care if she lost a trial, honestly
But yeah, weebquill was tsun

Their relationship is cute shit, I seriously hope Blackquill breaks the non-Edgeworth prosecutor's curse and appears more than twice in the main series.

Not really.

>blackquill counters the rosary with his objection

I wouldn't be surprised if they wrote the entire case just for that bit

As long as Athena is around he'll appear, they're far too much connected

My biggest gripe is how forced 6-4 felt. Granted I liked the case, I felt it ruined the flow of 6-3 into 6-5 and the only reason the case existed was so Athena could lead something. She needs a case a case built around her development, not a case built so she could lead it.

Simon is great. I also hope he continues to show up in the main series. He allows them to get more weeb with the cases since that's his thing.

Now that Apollo is temporarily gone maybe he'll be play the support character to Athena. We'd get top tier bantz in the courtroom and during the investigations. His courtroom animations are also fantastic.

Would it be too cringy to adopt the "A DRAGON NEVER YIELDS" catchphrase and make the dragon tattoo on my hand?

>Pearls adopts her
>Operation:acquire city girl uniforms

>adopt the "A DRAGON NEVER YIELDS" catchphrase
yes

>make the dragon tattoo on my hand
yes but it also depends on how you explain it to people

Depends.
You starting a revolution or something?

'''no'''

Are you 6 feet tall and fucking ripped?

Is anyone looking foward to dai gyakuten saiban being released here?

You're not cool enough to pull either of those two off.

Why did you post a blank picture?

follow the wisdom of tattoos: write down the idea, look at it two or three months from now, and if it still seems like a good idea, go for it

The dragon tattoo? It depends on how it looks, I don't know how sanitary having a tattoo on your hand would be though

The catchphrase? Very much so

Wait, if Godot can't see red on white, can he not see Redd White?

On one side, maybe show her having to lead it after Apollo left would have been better development-wise, as a bonus case after the ending
On the other side, it would've been even more annoying after the end, since you already witnessed all the good
5'7 and not a muscle
Guess I will adopt the "Let it go, and move on" Ironically the opposite, and still, much wiser in retrospective, as case 2 and 4 are both caused by people who couldn't move on
Guess it was this game's theme

>when Yuta pulls off his glove

I felt like the two previous cases were too intense for me, 6-4 was a nice breather.

Technically Klav has been in 3 now, although I can understand that counting a few seconds long flashback and the upcoming Asinine Attorney is up for debate.

>3 PW
wat, isn't he only in case 1 and 3?

>Guess it was this game's theme
People are saying the game's main theme was "inheritance", which makes sense on so many levels.

DLC.

>Guess it was this game's theme

The game's theme is "legacy" as Phoenix points out at the end. It's an important facet of each case.

Unless you're living a shithole country where you were framed for attempted murder of your wife, the queen of said country and had to prove your innocent for the sake of your two sons and daughter, my gut says no.

>Spirit of JUSTICE

Well, a secondary theme

Spirit of Jove Justice

damn...

That's Dhurke though, figuratively and literally.

Phoenix needs either to only get the last cases without any help, or stop being a playable character if they're gonna keep with this "Dumb lead character" thing: having a 35 year old legend attorney make funny faces and thinking "Duh let's hope I can get out of this one" is getting too much stupid, and he even becomes a cold bitch when you're not playing as him

Plumed Punisher > Steel Samurai

Only just started the third case but I like him so far, he certainly had his moments like the burger line or "what's crackalackin"

Also I just discovered I've been pronouncing Maya's name wrong for fifteen years, fuck

t. Her Benevolence

t. flat princess

>Not being a Jammin Ninja masterrace

t. nincompoops

Phoenix always gets put in absurd situations. Both in 6-1 and 6-3 he literally had his own life on the stack just because he was doing his job, even a seasoned attorney would start sweating bullets at the thought that losing a trial means he will lose both his dear friend's life and his own.
Also Phoenix bluffs his way out of every trial, pretty sure that the silly faces we see are mostly just a representation of his inner thoughts, that we don't get to see when we're not playing as him.

>liking bootleg series

t. Oldbag

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Sup Kay.

Best part of case 5 was that moment with Edgey.

>Athena was the most dismayed at Apollo leaving

>Playing Phoenix Wright 6
>It's actually Apollo Justice 2
Fuck sake, at least maybe now we can actually continue focus on everyone but Apollo

>Implying

That show is just a shitty rip-off. Even the Steel Samurai's theme is better, you can't beat the don don donka donks

youtube.com/watch?v=21elL54qVNE

Well they were partners. Same goes with Trucy.

>Implying the best moment with Edgy isn't when you present something to him and he tells you someone is getting a paycut

Gumshoe returning with Maggey and a son when?

Athena's cute, I hope Polly'll win that bowl since I self-insert as him
This is actually the first time the game focuses on him, AJ was mostly about Phoenix being a Hijak and DD was all about Athena

Gumshoe is dead user, accept it.

They were good partners imo

>don don donka donks

i loved how they actually worded this multiple times throughout the game

I'm retarded and misinterpreted your post, sorry

Must suck to be the only rookie

It would be weird if it was the opposite. He was her senpai and her friend after all, and the office is surely going to be more empty without him.

She knew what he felt because of her ability.
Among those feelings was doubt, so...

>Maggey and Gumshoe happily married
>Next game is AAI3
>They have a dinner with their newfound (still small) wealth and insists Edgeworth dines on their costs
>They eat, and go home afterwards
>Next day Maggey is accused of murdering Gumshoe
>AAI3-1

They probably only did case 1

Best breakdown?

strawpoll.me/11254533

better than grape juice
which they had the nerve to retain in this game despite case 4

While Paul Atishon's was very comical, Mr Reus' was intense as fuck, loved how his magician persona was haunting him through the mask and how his facial expressions were done when he couldn't accept it

is the prologue canon? athena literally eats the evidence.
youtube.com/watch?v=I7gsGg-MPX0

You can hardly call them breakdowns to be honest when compared to the past ones

But grape juice helps calm your nerves.

A vote for Atishon

Stop nostolgia-fagging. In 1-3 the breakdown is literally just breaking a pipe. There are tons of old "bad" ones. The new ones are pretty creative.

The circumstances where Phoenix leaves are totally different, so I don't know if this can be considered canon.
Also what the fuck Athena, if those pork buns really were the murder weapon she literally ate something that was used to kill a person.

Atishon's the best, but I gotta say that the breakdowns in this game aren't that strong, especially compared to how fantastic a lot of the DD ones were

>In 1-3 the breakdown is literally just breaking a pipe.
Whoa there. Don't be shitting on 1-3's. I liked how low-key it was.

I felt like these were some of the best in the series. Nothing will match with Engarde's "I'm.... I'm.... GUILIT GUILTGUIiiilltyGUUILLTYguiltGUITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" Though.

So that makes Apollo the only lawyer in the Agency who hasn't eaten evidence, right?

I used to hate that song, but now I definitely like it a lot more.

>having a 35 year old legend attorney make funny faces and thinking "Duh let's hope I can get out of this one" is getting too much stupid

That's Phoenix's entire shtick. All Witnesses/Playable Attorney's do funny faces as that is also a series staple.

>and he even becomes a cold bitch when you're not playing as him

Because we don't get his inner dialogue. Its mostly composed of him saying things with confidence and with either a serious expression or a smile but deep down he's praying everyone falls for his bluff.

The only one I liked was Reus, everyone else's was a bit off.

None of them compared to Fulbright'd DD though

ATHENA IS CUTE

>Once again, I lose

Yeah no

Only compared to DD's which were pretty over the top. I rewatched the ones in the first four games and there are very few that aren't extremely simple. Investigations 1 and 2 also had some pretty over-the-top ones.

>you just now realized that Plumed Punisher got cancelled because the villain ended up being the bad guy

>you will never see Plumed Punisher vs Steel Samurai

>you will never see Maya try to pitch the idea to the studio only to get some bastardized kawaii uguu anime from Sal

>which they had the nerve to retain in this game despite case 4
I think it's pretty hilarious.

A boring rival for a boring hero

You guys do know grape juice is LITERALLY grape juice because it's Takumi's favourite drink?

New thread: