The dust has settled? Can we talk about it without shitposting?

The dust has settled? Can we talk about it without shitposting?

Define shitposting. Does it include constructive criticism?

Why this piece of shit was up for preorders in my local game store (maybe the only one in all the capital) while they never had for SMTIV: Apocalypse?!

Because it's the better game.

It's lacking. There's no characters, the story is bare bones (not to mention ridiculous), and the touted customization aspect is as minimalist as can be.

There's just no drive to continue playing after a while. It's got no hook. I'm not saying it's bad, necessarily. The missions themselves are fun and varied, but with no promise of being stronger or better down the line I quit at the second major boss mission.

The game lasted least than Triforce Heroes. Truly a big piece of shit.

Yet it bombed everywhere.

>mfw 50% AUX ammo refill mod

JUST

nah I think the online will last longer than TH's, although the Blast Ball portion of the game will probably go the way of the dodo in about another month.

also, How many of you died to these things?

For some reason you are now in charge of making an HD remaster/remake of Federation Force for the NX after a Prime 4 has been announce.
You are also on a limited budget.
What do you do?

A lot better than I thought it would be. Probably my favorite game so far this year.

Anyway, I feel as if the game's main problem is the fact that eventually people will stop playing it. I imagine the people sticking with it are just trying to get through hard mode or collect all the medals. I feel like Nintendo needs to implement a system to keep people playing.

Splatoon did this really well, so I'm sure their newer games will have something, but as it stands I'm not sure how long it will last.

The actual quality of the game is not in question, though. It's fantastic. I think Nintendo could turn it into a really strong series, actually.

The game feels like overcompensation for Other M.

Like Other M was bad because it was one guy's vision, and that guy turned out to be a total retard.

So obviously the solution is to make the next game have no creativity or passion in it whatsoever.

I think they needed more mech variants each with their pros and cons.

Forgot image

1) Elemental aux ammo is unlimited for those who pick it, but it overheats your gun faster and forces some cooldown period.
2) More mod slots. Maybe up to 9.
3) Increase mech movement speed by 50%.
4) Add swarms of regular-sized space pirates to levels where you fight them to show the actual scale of things.

That's all.

Those mechs have got to be the worst character designs of 2016.

At least the designs in Battleborn are funny-bad.

And the surprisingly thing is that they were designed by Retro of all people

If I was in charge of Metroid I would put all focus on a 2D Metroid 5. Why do you keep thinking we're getting Prime 4? Takahashi made it pretty clear that Federation Force was your Prime style game and we still haven't heard about the traditional style game yet. I also find it interesting that if I put "metroid.nintendo.com" in the url, the website isn't public but when I do the same for Prime "metroidprime.nintendo.com" I'm taken to the Fed Force website. I tried the same with F-Zero and that doesn't even have a website. Can't wait for the NX reveal.

Can anyone name all the references?

What was the best mission?

>A lot better than I thought it would be. Probably my favorite game so far this year.
Christ.
This board really has gone to shit.

>I love complaining about games I've never played!

People like good games, user. Stop being such a baby.

If anything, seeing Feds being received so well among the people who did play it (The real Metroid fans) makes me optimistic for the board's future.

Why are you surprised? Cred Forums is already defending Other M

>real Metroid fans
Please don't start this shit
Inb4 Cody

>Who did play it
So the 300 people who actually bought it?
A good chunk of Metroid fans on Cred Forums pirated it, didn't like it, and moved on

>Federation farce shit eaters
>True Metroid fans

Get fucked

I think this really needs to be said.

Those of you who insisted that Feds wasn't a REAL Metroid game and that Nintendo CLEARLY slapped the name on the game in order to increase sales clearly seem to believe that Metroid is defined by an aesthetic.

There were many signs, from the very beginning, that this was most certainly a new Metroid game. From the way the game played, to the enemies, to the environments, it all seemed to be a new step for the series to take.

But the fake Metroid fans, the Pretendos, people who only care about the series because they think it's a cool, mature franchise to like, rejected it. Why? Merely because of the art style.

All these other complaints, about the mission structure, not having Samus be the protagonist, about being a co-op game, all of those were just a smokescreen. The real reason people were upset is because Nintendo made a new Metroid game.

These people are not Metroid fans.

Ok i'm Cred Forums as FUCK but the hate for this game is 100% reasonable

>Pretendos
Oh it is you, everyone just report and ignore this underaged fag.
Also Metroid is defined by exploration and not mission based gameplay.

>i'm Cred Forums as FUCK
Go back to /r/eddit

So Fusion, Echoes, Prime 3, and Metroid II aren't Metroid games either?

And who is that faggot?

It's a shitpost game it's meant for shit posting
Soooo no
Never

We've had good threads before.

Now that I think about it if a Federation Force remaster was made with scaled proportions, proper multiplyer-singleplayer scaling, and had dosages of fan service people would still hate it and compare it to AM2R in terms of remakes.
I'm not being Cody or anything, seriously I'm not.

definitely mission 19, basically an enemy gauntlet.

Its major flaws are that it's too short, and that Mods are totally uninteresting. They don't give you new weapons or make your existing ones behave differently, they can't give you a double jump or a dodge roll or anything, they just have super bland effects like "extra missile damage" or "longer effect timer."

I really liked that first stealth mission. It was such a well done genre shift, I was really impressed with it.

Having to escape at the end is one of the cooler escape sequences in the series, in my opinion.

The stealth mission for sure. It should have been twice as long and twice as hard, but doing it with a bunch of teammates makes for an especially fun and "difficult" experience.

The game can be pretty difficult in general, especially if retards don't know what they're doing.

I remember on day one we had entire threads of people bitching about ice beasts.

Mission 20 reuses the Out-of-Mech level design, and it becomes the HARDEST MISSION in the game with 4 players.

Impossible.
Metroid is dead.

Expanding on the stealth mission a bit more, it's my favorite but I think there are areas where its lacking, which say a lot about the game's weaknesses in general. For example, the pacing and progression of the mission is cool -- hop out of your mech for a stealth segment, set the base to blow, rush outside and end with a tense battle during the countdown to demolition.

But it's missing little things like Metroid games would do in the past -- there are no cutscenes of enemy ships surrounding you, you don't even get to see the base blow up after the mission is over. There's no particularly good music. And the enemy variety is lacking so it just ends with a couple Elite Bruisers or whatever instead of a miniboss-like enemy.

The ice beasts are easy except if you're trying to get two into the cage (and you know what you're doing). I raged hard when we got both bonus requirements on the hard mode version of that mission, but still didn't get the third medal.

Flukes

>Undertale and Overwatch
lmao come on, even if I hate those games, I know they are at least decent.

Better alone or co-op?

Oh, co-op. NO ONE plays this game in single player.

So do I need to get on it now?

I managed to 100% Triforce Heroes online months after release, but that's a Zelda.

I got 100% alone. Normal mode medals, hard mode medals, all the paint jobs, and all of the Blast Ball paint jobs too. Blast Ball was the worst part.

Why

You can probably just hop on Miiverse and request people play with you. The game was still pretty active when I played it.

Randoms are retarded fags. Much easier alone.

This game has the worst FPS controls I've ever used. It's like playing classic doom but you have to aim vertically too.

The 3DS and new 3DS controls are too shitty for FPS games. They should've allowed a Prime Hunters scheme with touch controls. The nub is inaccurate to aim with, and it is incredibly uncomfortable to even hold this shit while pressing both ZL and L/R for strafing around an enemy. I was using a n3DS XL.

Federation Force would have been better on Wii U simply because sticks are far superior for FPS games. That and the characters wouldn't have to be chibi since the Wii U is a lot more capable with graphics.

Co-op. This game as a standalone singleplayer FPS is shitty for the reasons above and probably more if I played more than an hour.

Probably. Holidays may boost online playerbase but that will be mostly children that you may not want to deal with.

>Holidays may boost online playerbase
I doubt it, the game fucking bombed.
Who in the right mind will buy this game for their children?
Children will just be playing Battlefield 1