Which CT version is the best one? I never finished

Which CT version is the best one? I never finished

The original because the ds one ruined its consistency by adding that Green gate dungeon.
It's also a game that should be played on a tv.

The DS version is ideal unless you're a purist. Even then it's still pretty ideal because the script is much closer to the original Japanese one, instead of Woosley's personal interpretation.

Really as long as you're not playing the PS1 version, you're good. Even the mobile version is preferable - it's just the DS version without a second screen.

Like said though, it's meant to be played on a nice grainy CRTV.

The DS version is the perfect one. You get an optional Magus dungeon, they fixed a lot of translation errors etc.

One thing some people dislike is that Frog doesn't use ye olde English when he speaks - this is because he never did that in the original Japanese version of the game. Pretty much this is the only thing people ever argue about, since besides that the DS version is pure 10/10.

This version...

If you can read Nip, play the Super Famicom version. If not then I guess the DS version, though the extra content isn't that good, I'm recommending it more for the translation, though I really think "Fiends" was a bad choice. Mystics makes more sense to me.

Shit new optional content aside, the DS version is the best.

DS, it has everything you want: anime cutscenes, no retarded load times, built-in media museum and you can ignore the new content if it triggers you that much

none of the NPCs in 600AD even used the same dialect Frog used, which was jarring

DS is the best, it has a fixed translation, doesn't force touch controls, has a nice little map on the bottom screen, has the PS1 cutscenes and they can be turned off if you don't want them, it also adds more content to the game, and it has a nice gallery mode where you can view stats of all the enemies you've faced, you can also view all the techs you've seen, listen to the ost, and look at art.

Anyone who says DS isn't the best is talking out their ass.

SNES or DS.
The extra content is shit but the anime cutscenes are nice. PS1 loadtimes are horrible

DS has added content. SNES game is just fine by itself.

Basically, any version except the PS1 version is worth playing.

DS, just avoid the extra content, it's pretty noticeable.
>that sad attempt at tying the game together with CC

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't murder Magus' character

Emulate the PS1 version.

SNES if you are just going to emulate. DS because it is affordable and better than PS1

Can I play the DS version on retroarch without using a mouse/touchscreen? That way I could play it on my TV.

I never played Chrono Trigger, hell, I never played most games pre ps1/ps2 since I'm barely underage and I didnt know of most of these games before coming into Cred Forums.

I'm playing a lot of games on emulator and loving them so far, but I've been thinking about buying a CRTV to play Chrono Trigger and such because I've heard its meant to be played that way if possible.

Is there a way to connect the pc to it?
I dont have a snes so I can only emulate the games.
Or is the CRTV thing a meme?

I'm pretty sure you can, in-game options let you cram everything from the second screen onto the main one.

If you are going to emulate, then there's no reason to settle for the SNES version. Go for the PS1 or DS version then.

can't you just emulate on the TV and use a shader

>the PS1 cutscenes and they can be turned off
But why

Look up VGA to component/composite (depends on your TV) cables. I still own a CRT (hell, I never even had plasma/LED TVs, only monitors) and I don't think it's that much of a deal except when you need zero input lag (this mostly happens with older competitive games like Melee). Play whichever version you like and avoid stupid filters

I've been using snes9x and using tv mode 3x as filter, it looks like this.

Is this how it is supposed to look?
I like how it looks and in motion is makes the sprites appear more detailed than using no filter, but scanlines make the screen too dark and the lcd monitor doesnt have the same type of ''backlight'' as a CRTV or does it?

What are you talking about?

Speaking of the mobile version...

Where does v download their mobile games from? I could totally replay this on my phone