Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse

You got my game, right? How does it feel that the best SMT game in a decade is a direct sequel to a bad one on the 3DS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sEbYdmrs4EA
youtube.com/watch?v=Je38BqKIAvM
youtube.com/watch?v=HFuWf_copM8
youtube.com/watch?v=iZWW5Jy_x0c
youtube.com/watch?v=1Dg7yDHzgFE
youtube.com/watch?v=XQshvU18RDw
youtube.com/watch?v=3wuCQshyNuk
youtube.com/watch?v=VPymJrqVqZA
youtube.com/watch?v=X3hjRKGrC40
megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV_Apocalypse_Demons
i.imgur.com/i25ff4K.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=0QQy1kg_gQQ
i.imgur.com/nLQAjAg.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Feels pretty good. I am a fan.

What did she mean by this?

SMT IV was good though OP

>still no European release date other than 'winter'

king frost is the Minotaur of this game.
I've got an angel who removes smirk and I guess being resistant to ice moves doesn't take away boss turns any more, is there something I'm missing??

Resistance never affected turns. Null and Drain are the only affects that takes away press turns. Just get 2 demons with agi along with the mc and have Navarre buff you

fire moves if you have then

you can pretty easily brute force your way through with physical demons if you have defensive buffs and heals, though I'd still recommend using Navarre over Asahi

>in a decade
Strange Journey was released in 2009

Asahi is the cutest, I want to hug her when she cries.

I hope you went massacre and made her the goddess.

Alright here I go thanks anons

When the fuck does Lenan Sidhe learn her final fucking move?And what is the final move?
Shes been stuck in my party for too long.

Its not even that good. I mean its on the worst console this generation, I imagine it stands out as a gem, but its hardly a huge improvement on 4

Playing it right now but can someone confirm something? There are no alignment locks but if you pick the other route opposite of your current alignment you get a penalty?

I hated SMTIV so why should I be interested in its sequel?

Just call me when they finally move on and make an SMTV with P5's HD demon models.

got the undubbed version yes

Gaston's an asshole.

>I mean its on the worst console this generation
3DS is the best though.

>Worst console 3DS
It's the only one producing worthwhile playing games

I hope you realize that 99% of the time a release date is 12/31, it's a placeholder date

My current party is Moh Shuvuu, Mermaid, and Hathor. Mfw surrounded by cute demon girls

How bad is the dub? On one hand I liked the SMT4 dub but on the other hand im hearing that some voices in Apocalypse are trash.

Play the undub or leave voices off

It's alright.
Irish Dagda is top tier though.

Anthony please.

Not him, user

>release date, september 20
I don't understand

CIA

How are u guys alrdy playing this game?

I dont see it on the eshop. Ive never played a smt or persona game or really anything at all from any of these type of series.

Gateway myself, cfw most other people

CIA

Its great, Irish super smash announcer Dagda is 10/10

That gif is pretty cool

>Turn down difficoulty to grab 4 demons fron the compendium without the retarded triple cost of war
>Beat Black Frost and Big Bird bosses
>Find them easy as hell
>Mfw I was still on skirmish and foegot to turn up the difficoulty

I've got it coming in the mail on Tuesday?

Is it really better than IV? I loved IV.

Please say yes.

Yes

Imagine 4 but with characters.

you already posted this

13 hours in so far and im enjoying it a lot more than iv so far.
IV was an okay game for me if that helps

So are you gonna eventually buy it?

I just want EOV at this point. When, Atlus?

Gateway guy here, I have it pre-ordered through Amazon.

It's pretty much IV but not completely broken.

Unfortunately it rehashes too much from IV, to the point it feels more like an expansion pack than a sequel. And the plot is crap. Still good though.

Aren't you niggas overreacting to beating one boss on easy?

Wait what are the difficulties? Skirmish, Conflict, and War?

how is IV broken?
I'm at the village being overrun by demons but I'm kinda bored with the game.

Youre still early in the game, it gets better after minotaur.

It's not really broken, it just becomes too easy once you get to Tokyo because your pool of demons is bigger.

It's still a pretty good game, though. I'd put it above SMT1.

>Strange Journey was released in 2009
Huh, thought it was much older for some reason

>enjoy killing Ring of Gaea for years
>Toki shows up

wtf I love gaea now

FUCKING NEVER
I'm hoping within the next year but eh

Ok then, I'm kinda curious what's the deal with these guys anyway
that's not a good at all, I'm already breezing through since I have evolved my demons and now they are a couple if not even higher level than me

Should I go for the Edgelord route or the Persona route?

Well, you haven't seen a lot yet. Minotaur and Medusa are probably the hardest boss fights in the game.

bullshit
it's going to be 90% the same gameplay as SMTIV, just new campaign

Why don't you get a proper game over when you die? Does this happen if I download the difficulty DLC?

Pretty assholey of them to put a tutorial boss that spams AoE every fucking turn when you dont have Media available.
Furthermore after a certain point he uses that Smirk skill every turn, which means he crits everytime and you can't exploit his weakness anymore.
Also yes I know Angel learns Smirk removal, which would be nice, but only found out after I beat King Frost.

I'm getting it in two days. finished all endings in IV yesterday so Apocalypse will be amazing.

The guy on the left is a hoyboy.

And don't worry, while enemies are a breeze most of the time, some of the boss fights should give some some trouble.

No, the gameplay has been fixed in all the way it was bad

I just used a magic mirror for the King Frost boss and beat him on my second try. I rarely use those items when I play, so it felt nice to try one for once

Is the game not out yet in Americlap land or something? Got it yesterday from a retail store.

Does it still take MP to cast physical spells?

I did the same thing and he ended up dying, it was rad.

No.

>current year
>still didn't hack his 3DS

yep

Yep, kinda sucks, but what can you do? Running physical main character and magic demons seems more viable

Forgot pic because I'm dumb

Yes

I just killed King Frost on my first attempt. What trouble did everyone exactly have with him? He wasn't that bad.

What if I don't want to?

How's the music? The music was one thing in IV that I felt was completely on point, added so much to the game.

Because Atlus knows you fags just restart the game every time you die to avoid penalties.

I couldnt be bothered desu, I wouldn't have time to play all the games anyway. I've only played a grand total of 3 games on my 3ds this year.
FF:Explorers
Zelda Musou
SMTIV:Apoc

>Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse
>Shin Megami
clever play on words

A lot of the tracks you'll hear a lot fit the theme of you being from Tokyo as a hunter. It's pretty fucking good.

Boss theme is great as well. Put in a hectic battle, it really shines.

youtu.be/sEbYdmrs4EA

Apocalypse can't top IV's soundtrack, but it's still really good.

Have a listen for yourself.
youtube.com/watch?v=Je38BqKIAvM

Where the fuck do I find Shesha in Shibuya? How do I get to Mishitaya Park or whatever its name is

I mean it's up to you, but I'd rather play it weeks in advance with Japanese audio. I also like the convenience of not changing cartridges.

SMT4 had a damn good OST.

Apocalypse's is generally considered pretty good though.

I don't because I don't save every five minutes
With the smirk, he can almost oneshot your entire party

So far it just feels like easy SMTIV.

Can someone tell me how are the words spelled?

Is it "mègami" or "megàmi"?
Is it "tènsei" or "tensèi"?

What difficulty are you playing on?

>That name
Fucking 10/10

めがみ
てんせい

So do you have to actually pay attention and carefully manage your resources when exploring a dungeon now or is it just like SMTIV where winning fights never really costs you anything and the only threat normal encounters pose is catching you off guard from behind with attacks you're weak to?
Did they add a mode where the AI is smart enough not to do things they know won't work, like attack you with spells they've already seen you repel or absorb?

War.

>So do you have to actually pay attention and carefully manage your resources when exploring a dungeon now
If your party is wiped out, literally nothing happens. Your party becomes what it was before the battle, any items which had been consumed will be back again. It's fucking stupid.

I haven't played through SMTIV yet.
Last thing that happen was the excecution of the black samurai
I think thats around the middle but I'm not sure. How much do I still have ahead of me?

Atlus always ships shit a week early to stores thats why you usually see it on the shelf this early. Also got pics of the metal emblems?

>So do you have to actually pay attention and carefully manage your resources when exploring a dungeon now or is it just like SMTIV where winning fights never really costs you anything and the only threat normal encounters pose is catching you off guard from behind with attacks you're weak to
You pretty much described almost every smt game after the beginning

a lot, probably wouldn't be able to make it before Final comes out,but 4 is still a great game, take your time

You're around the middle of IV I'd say.
Still got a good bit of the game left.

Some party compositions of mook squads mix elements so that you cannot do a Ma-spell and call it a day, status attacks land a lot and you are generally pretty fragile, so if they land a critical through a phys, you die quite a bit.

If you attack them out of combat and trigger smirk at the start(there is an app that makes it more likely), it becomes much easier.

Mobs are still dangerous if you cannot kill them in one turn.

Enemies are slightly smarter (if they have no options , they may attack the partner instead of your team), but they will still run into Tetrakarn/Makarakarn.

Not much better, but still better

I'm about to dumpster shesha and I never felt OP a single time, I even get killed occasionally if I fail a scout on any normal battle. Also I had a really bad time against the boat guy with that mabufala that decreased agility

best girl, would cream her cunny to continue the bloodline of red eyes and short eyebrows.

>Did they add a mode where the AI is smart enough not to do things they know won't work
I fucking wish they did this at least for Apocalypse difficulty. It was just embarrassing to see Lucifer hitting himself in IV.

>yfw your shit genes take over instead

>Also I had a really bad time
lmfao xD I lubberluvz Undertale too Sans is the dood who's your fursona?

both smt iv games are shit because of how easy they are

in general pretty shit too

>tfw no demons resisting ice or force in my team
I wish I had Tarunda, would make this fight a piece of cake

that's a common figure of speech, mein freund

take it easy

do you know how easy it is to pirate and bypass region lock

or just bypass region lock without pirating

you only have yourself to blame cuck

i'd keep creaming her until I achieve the desired aesthetics for our child. Sounds good.

that's what you get with save anywhere
bring back save terminals
bring back tension
add suspend saves for issues with battery life, convenience without casualisation

>SMT IV
>Bad game

Anyway waiting for student refunds so I can buy it.

>add suspend saves for issues with battery life
This, EO already does it

Easy there pardner, that's a common phrase.

The fuck are you talking about?

Best fursona coming through

>Game has an ending where you can go Neutral, kill all you're friends
Can't fucking wait

Holy shit, do you have fucking internet PTSD you dork?

It's ok so far.

We posting fursonas now?

I'm just waiting for the path where you kill chaos, law, and the HFYfags for human/demon mutualism.

How hard is it for newcommer?

Is there a resume of the story at the beginning for the ones who didn't play the first?

>Undertale invented having a bad time

Are you actually retarded? What's next, you are going to snap when someone post a matador image because he is a skeleton?

Massacre Ending. You basically permanently destroy YHVH, take his place and create a new paradise where, without YHVH to shit everything up, everyone gets along. Dagda doesn't come with you though.

>letting your friends live
>SMT

Who wants to fuck

Wait you mean this is in the game?

not him but yes

Yes.

>How does it feel that the best SMT game in a decade is a direct sequel to a bad one on the 3DS?

It doesn't change so many mechanics that it would make the "bad" IV instantly better.

That said IV is a great game and OP is a fucking faggot.

No it just throws you right into it. The beginning takes place during the Neutral route of 4.
You can play Apocalypse just fine without touching 4 but there will be some things lost on you without any context. There are notes that the game does give you that gives background on some characters and events from 4 though.

I just wanted to know which route was the best for a first playthrough

>The beginning takes place during the Neutral route of 4

Do we get to see the monkey again?

First playthrough should always be a blind one based on your choices on what you think is right. You can use a guide on subsequent playthroughs

Edgelord route is more indicative of the dark side of SMT, but in all honesty the "Persona" route has been the dreams of stronger humans in that series since SMT I.

Yeah, not that far in, but I've already interacted with her twice

Not yet because you release in 2 days

>2d pictures instead of cutscenes
>2d pictures instead of 3d battles
why would you want this? how does that improve the experience in any way? it's just lazy and cheap

Is you know who still disguised as an inconspicuous high school girl again?

I enjoyed SMTIV

Nope, he's not hiding it anymore as it takes place during Neutral's end game.

So HOY's still a fetus.

Everyone in Japan is moving to handhelds, plus the era of big budget epic console JRPGs have been dead for several years now

>3d battles where everyone lines up on either side and stands around waiting for their turn vs 2d obviously abstract representation
>cutscenes with hideous 3DS 3d models vs just character portraits and text
know which ones I'd prefer tbqh

>angry sonypony

Do I need anything besides Magic and Agility if im doing a magic build?

You need BALANCE

More luck never hurts

What the hell?

No, you are good. Maybe you want a bit of LUC since it affects chance to get hit by any status ailment and can speed up recovery from those ailments if you get hit, while also raising the chances to get an instakill with hama or mudo. Some people say ot also lowers the enemies' chance to crit on you but I haven't noticed personally, probably fake.

Skills

Is this the sequel to Galactic Racing?! I can't wait!

>that shesha "fight"
Fuck that was boring

Is it good for beginners? Never played a SMT, only Persona 3 and 4, was interested in trying this out

So what happens if you don't touch the Ark?

Because of how much I hated SMT4 and because I havent been led to believe this will be better gameplay wise I'm going to just rent it. I should just pirate it, but eh.

Play SMTIV first. It can be hard at first but then it become really easy.

Play IV first, this one is sort of a sequel to the Neutral ending in that game.

Its too easy. The Smirk system is terrible. The demons are way too samey.

Dagda tells you to stop being a fucking pussy and seizes your arm.

We need more lewds of best girl.

Yeah, more Toki.

her old design was better

>her bio reveals that she likes gay manga
DROPPED

Hey fags, anyone got a solution for the challenge quests Dadga himself gives you?

>Flaming tumblrina MC
>Best SMT in a decade
Hol' up there sluggah.

Wait for your partners to attack

Yeah, we need more Toki

>Implying Yaoi fangirls aren't kinky as fuck in bed.

>implying there are people that don't like gay manga

>SMT portable cash-in sequel turned out to be better than Persona 5, which has been in development for over 5 years with a multi-million dollar budget

Will Cucksona fans ever recover?

The fuck, do you ever get out of the house?

people keep saying that P5 is bad but is it just a meme?

You should see what Alice says when its time for you to learn skills or the whole thing about the Lust Jar with Toki

I don't think Isabeau's tits are that big.

it's just OPINIONS anonsan, don't believe such easy baits.

I've been trying to avoid reading much into it, but it seems like it's just trolls twisting plot points out of context and spamming memes. I recommend just ignoring them completely.

The fashion is way better this time around.

Fucking fujos get off my board

Which one?
Partners? Items? Maximum damage?

You said it

This is a sequel to SMT4, right? Which of the endings is considered canon?

Any really, I can't get past the first one anyway since I try to heal myself and Orcus just stomps my shit

SMT4 already established varying timelines and loops.
This game is based on a neutral route going to shit

Neutral. But Final is some sort of Alternate Universe.

It follows the Neutral one only until you go to unseal Masakados and then it branches from there to Apocalypse

>This is a sequel to SMT4, right?
No. Starts right at the beginning of Neutral's endgame. The one decision that sets this off in the lore is Nanashi's decision to take Dagda up on his offer.
>Which of the endings is considered canon?
Neutral, as always.

Are you not aware that buffs/debuffs stack up to three times?
Tarunda/Rakukaja his shit, user

deciding whether or not to get this. can someone please

>rate SMT IV
>rate SMT IV Apocalypse

i didn't like IV that much so i'm a little hesitant to go in for this one

ANSWER THE CALL SON OF MAN!

>dem perfect genes
That shit alone proves that the right man will be in the Oval Office. Can't fucking wait for the SJWs to get BTFO.

Hillary being put in front of a firing squad when this happens is a bonus too.

World of STR.

Wrong thread I presume?

With orcus, the idea is to debuff him/buff yourself (I do not remember exact spells available). As long as one character survives, the whole crew in the end will do the partner attack and hill him.

For the item based challenge, you have to do two things:
1)Use bufu stones for extra turns/actions
2)After debuffing him (I think you have taunt which increases his attack and lowers his defense( use the thunder spell from one of your demons to make him smirk while activating attack mirror. He will do much greater damage to himself

Finally, for the maximum damage challenge:
1)Cast one Rakukaja with Nanashi to survive two Megidolaons
2)On the first round, cast each monsters Dyne spell once to do about 1000 damage and force him to use Diarahan. This gives one extra turn to apply buffs/debuffs.
3)Nanashi keeps using tarunda for two turns, monsters cast concentration and the Smirk enducing spell
4)The extra buff from Navare will allow the Critical+Concentration Dyne spells to kill him

My little Godslayer cant be this cute

i think he's refering to my pic

Plastic surgery doesn't suddenly make someone's genes different you Cred Forums loving faggot.

I loved the way they deal with anyone saying his name

You do realize actual liberals win if Trump is elected, right?

Thanks m8

SMT IV was fine it just has a terrible overworld and a bizarre difficulty curve, but the real worst part of it was that a guide was needed to get neutral

>why would you want this?
Because it allows for a fuckload of variations
have you seen how many demons there are in the game?

I vastly prefer 3D-battles but in this case I can't even complain

Those are some of the things they fixed, they went the SJ way in choosing what path you want

What would that way be for someone who hasn't played SJ?

>all that STR
Delicious

>them tits
>15 years old

I heard about it but is it true that if you pick something that goes against most of your choices it gives penalties?

Whatever rating SMTIV has in your mind, Apocalypse is +1.5

Pros:
>Better balance, more tools to play with, fixing smirk and partners.
>Very easy to attune the difficulty to what you are comfortable with (this also means the slightly diligent smart player can break it)
>Much less tediousness , especially when traversing map/doing quests, reward system and triggering new dialogue
>Much better pace, great atmosphere

Cons:
>The OST of IV is a bit better
> If you have not played SMT games in general, the scope of events and details about the world building lack some impact
> Takes a bit too long for decisions/paths you can do to truly take their place in teh story

It's the Magnetite

Because it gives us a lot more demons to choose from, along with more of literally everything else, look at how Nocturne felt barebones when compared to the other ones that had more demons, characters and a overworld, the PS4 demon models are better for doing a spin off like DDS or Raidou, something that I really fucking want

Choices that make sense along with a final question at the turning point instead of acting like a schizophrenic fuck as we had to in SMT4

I honestly don't know, what you should keep in mind is that one of the paths you literally murder everything and that carries appropriate outcomes

So does Apocalypse have a music track as good as this?
youtube.com/watch?v=HFuWf_copM8

>plat SMTIV while doing my best to stay neutral
>comes that boss fight in which the boss tells your alignment, he says I'm neutral
>alright, great, gotta keep up the pace
>comes the point where the decision that locks the alignment comes
>well i've been taking a few chaos choices lately, so i should pick the law one
>jonathan shows up at forest
>whut
>go back and pick chaos'
>walter is at the forest
>mfw I was perfectly neutral up to that point and the choices swayed my alignment
And the worst part is if that you pick the "neutral" choice at that point, they just ask you again

youtube.com/watch?v=iZWW5Jy_x0c

Atlus better make the next SMT protagonist female.

The first time this plays you know shits about to really go down
youtube.com/watch?v=1Dg7yDHzgFE

Aren't demons supposed to be based on humanity's innermost desires and/or fetishes? I'd be disappointed if Succubus wasn't sexy.

>implying 名無し isn't female
See

the problem is that some choices are unavoidable to some paths (like killing Pluto gives auto chaos points) and that they are not equivalent with some choices giving 1 law and 5 chaos or viceversa

on my first play I was aiming chaos and ended up in law for some reason, I didn't knew that the choices were this fucked, good thing I kept a save before the whites so I just aborted that entire game and restarted with extra stuff

Man, Odin's redesign is so fucking cool

Same thing happened to me. Hopefully SMT IV Apocalypse doesn't have this problem

I liked Pluto's castle better
youtube.com/watch?v=XQshvU18RDw

nah this is best
youtube.com/watch?v=3wuCQshyNuk
and
youtube.com/watch?v=VPymJrqVqZA

That pizza does look pretty good.

All I played was Purse Owner 3 and watched the GB Endurance Run.
Educate my dumbass on some gud SMT games.

Strange Journey
SMT 3 Dante's Edition
SMT IV
SMT IV:A
I haven't played them but most people recommend DDS

I don't think there were any bad redesigns this time around in Final/Apocalypse

All the Digital Devil Saga games are good, though they are basically just one long game split into 2 games.

SMT Nocturne is good.

Strange Journey is very good, but hard if you aren't used to dungeon crawler type games.

Play SMT IV or DeSu those are good starting points in to the SMT atmosphere in my opinion atleast.

>playing smt iv
>games looks boring at first
>put all my points in luck for the lolz
>be an edgelord and act like a bitch
>starting to like the game
>continue to put points in luck for the lolz
>act like a law loving pussy faggot i am
>didn't read a walkthrough so hade no idea about alignment and endings
>tfw triggered neutral ending

Altus pls go

How does this one connect to IV? I got to the part in IV where you they give you a very clear order or chaos choice about killing someone, would I be missing much?

Left is chaotic good and right is lawful evil.

>remember the DeSu2 anime
man that anime was so bad in retrospective but at least it accomplished it's mission and got me to play the game instead

so this........ is the power.......... of autism..........

........wow

Apocalypse follows the neutral path in which Flynn and Isabeau contact Stephen and Masakado to bring down the ceiling and join both sides, the game takes place exactly after Flynn gets Masakado's sword and goes missing

>there are more people in this thread who haven't played IV or an SMT game than there are people who play them
smhtbqhfamily

That's because Doi cleaned up all the art and his personal redesigns were just solid all around.

Its hilarious, the anime turned out to be so fucking bad that when DeSu2:BR got delayed people started thinking that it had something to do with it because even in japan it was hated by everyone

>fighting King Frost
>only need one last hit
>Spriggan only party member alive
>10 hp
>King Frost is smirking
>fuck it, Oni Kagura
>it hits

>All that str

I didnt need a guide to get neutral but god damn did I need one to find and complete all the quests

this
Holy shit I dropped the game for 2 years because of that stupid shit. Only finished it because of Apocalypse

So.... this is.... the power.... of the mainline..... Wow..... Just... Wow.

Why is the font so big and ugly?

Waiting for release soon

AtlusUSA son.

How are you guys taking these screenshots?

This
>buying AtlusUSA Quality™ localizations

Are the characters in Apocalypse better than the ones in IV? Nearly everyone in that game was insufferable to deal with besides Isabeau and Walter, or the ones that did seem interesting were killed off very quickly. The story was interesting but they were just a pain to deal with.

Emulators dummy

Or maybe the cia you got has bugs

>besides Isabeau and Walter
>Walter
It still pains me to see him go from a reasonable guy to a complete idiot who got manipulated into becoming Lucy's fetus arm by Lilith and Lucy.

>untranslated lines
>bugs

Does the English version have dual audio? It's fucking Shuichi Ikeda for Dagda, after all.

You have to use miiverse

>Atlus
>dual audio

The pussy game was too ridiculous
Also the whole Reverse Hills deal
Sadly, no
The only good thing from the dub so far is sassy voiced Adramelech

>That fucking picture taking quest you get in some randomass room in Ginza
That was the only one I needed a guide to find, what the hell were they thinking?

is it worth playing if I only got to the part where tokyo gets obliterated part of SMT IV?

It's just more of the same, if you don't like IV I don't think Final would change that.

I still have a neutral play on hold because I seem to be missing some quests to become no.1
I've been debating about completing that or just go straight to Apocalypse

I actually dropped chaos route at the exact point where he sacrificed himself. I wanted to kill Brian May and lost my bro instead.

If you are there you can go straight to apocalyps since apocalyps starts right after you become N1.

I had managed to only do the bare minimum quests to get the Neutral ending so it ended up taking almost 8 god damn hours to finish

I liked the game, I just never finished it because of reasons. is it still worth getting it if I can't go back to SMT IV and finish it?

>that art design
>sexy
he clearly didn't see medusa

Soundtrack is pretty good. I miss 4's main theme and Tokyo overworld though.

Is the game out digitally on 3DS? I finished SMT IV, but never played the DLCs for it, should I play those before playing SMTIVA?

It's out for pirates, you don't need to play the DLCs

So
"Burrows."
or
"Dagda!"

If you like a waifu who doesn't do much for you then the first one, if you want a bro who will go to hell and beyond at your side then the second

How do you get the dlc for free?
I can't even get to the dlc menu, because my 3ds is EU.

>king frost is the Minotaur of this game.
Fuck ouuta here. King Frost was easy as fuck I beat him easily my first time.

It's a meme. Game is great.

Honestly, feels pretty good that Apocalypse is great too. SMT and Persona fans deserve it.

Is Soul Hackers good? Really like the setting.

At being awful?

Not really, the 3DS gets maybe 2 worthwhile games a year, if that.

>spend a lot of time fighting enemies
>"I should probably stop, I think I'm too overleved."
>fight King Frost
>kills me in 3 turns
Every SMT this happens and I'll never get tired of it.

The setting is nice but the gameplay is a bit bland, Nemissa can easily solo every enemy in the game. It's worth a playthrough.

youtube.com/watch?v=X3hjRKGrC40

I see the implication your post has and I dont like it

When do I meet Toki? I'm in the burned fairy forest

I don't get it, wrong thread?

When you have to go and save Flynn, she is added to the party.

Shit like this really makes me want to search up the original article and look at the comments to see people assblasting the author for being such an idiot.

What build should I go for? Magic Flynn was retarded in iv but it was fun steamrolling everything. Dex and luck build good I wanna shoot shit

>YHVH Universe.
This place is a royal headache to navigate through.
Also, anyone know how to fuse Maitreya? I want that Mitra Buddha but I can't fuse Maitreya.

Man, she came so hard at that moment

>Desperate Hit got nerfed.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
But then you get a passive that lets all your attacks pierce so it's all good.

I've looked it up before. The comments are mostly "it doesn't have social links so it sucks."

BALANCE

when can i play it on PC?

megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV_Apocalypse_Demons
Gotta do a quest that involves it first. It's also a Special Fusion, so it shouldn't be too hard to miss

Emulation is on it's way though.

>Metatron is level 98 instead of 83
Guess Im never going to fuse him in this one

Is there a difference between the European and American version?

I assume both have a shitty translation and dub

The difference is that the American version exists.

so this is a sequel? For some reason I thought it was a re-release w/ additional content..

>the European version
user, I don't know how to break it you

No, you just have to beat Mitra Buddha to unlock him for fusion. He probably doesn't have any of his component demons.
Mithra, Nata Taishi, and Norn are his components.

Freeshop lists both an American and European version though. Guess I'll just pick that one and see what happens

Sequel set during the neutral route of the original.

Midquel it happens right in the middle of the neutral end it as a completely new game

You can easily get to level 99 in this game.

I didn't fuse him because his affinities suck.

you steam roll harder with dex and luck in smt iv btw

smt iv and this are just easy games no matter what build, dex is weaker than str in final I think though

I think you are confusing it with the prequel.
This is SMT IV:Final/Apocalyps
the one in the freeshop is just SMT IV.

But that's boring user

I hate that the fucking DLC is gated. I'm almost halfway through this game and there is no way in hell I'm buying the DLC that comes out a month from now. Nice job Atlus you retards.

fuck it I'm going with dex and luck build remind me does this games have bullets or elemental guns like sj??

Man, that somehow managed to hit me pretty badly

>does this games have bullets or elemental guns like sj??
SMT IV had elemental bullets so I guess that Final has them too.

Ah, I see

It does, getting a fire bullet is one of your best choices to fight King Frost

Does DEX still matters more for physical skills like in IV?

i.imgur.com/i25ff4K.jpg

>ame-no-hibachigrill
10/10 translation atlus

>240p
>for edgy 15yo kids
>censored

>best SMT game in a decade
kek

So the only undub that I can find still has english audio for the cutscenes, is there a fully undubbed version available somewhere? Apparently replacing the audio for the cutscenes somehow breaks the 3D effect but I really don't care about the 3D

When is SMT 5 coming out? I want to see the next step in Stephens master plan.

>censored

At least we got a small glimpse at him training the protags from failed universes

Strange journey was hampered by the technology of the time. Its far far less than it could have been.

I preordered it on Amazon.ca on September 2nd. I'm supposed to get it any time between October 3rd and 13th.

What the hell, Amazon? I know being in Newfoundland means a bit of a delay, but I can go to the EB here and get a physical copy on day one.

His master plan to to help humanity survive whatever clusterfuck happens, he is one of the very fewGods that genuinely cares about humanity and nothing else

>he has been toying with reality to kill YHVH

Its like you forgot the Vita. Oh wait, I cant really blame you for that even Sony forgot the Vita existed.

when can i emulate it?

>censored
>lewd Toki is still in
>Dagda talking about Lucifer's balls needing to drop still in
Sure is censored in here.

Str and Dex are split for Melee/Guns respectively.

why is Flynn in there if it's failed universes?

probably white ending flynn

>Stephen stands up

That is seriously the best thing they could have picked and I love they didn't go for something like giving him a demonic appearance.

Apocalypse is the failed Flynn universe.

Because that is a Flynn from a failed timeline, there are multiple universes around, hell we even fight a outright demonic version of the Demi-Fiend in that DLC for SMT4

Reminder Inanna is one of the best demon there is

Which is exactly what I want to see.

I know that but he always eludes to stuff in the back ground. I want to lift the curtain damn it. He is everywhere always helping in the back ground. Always manipulating everything. I want to see what it all leads to.

Those MCs aren't even the ones from the games you played, they are alternate versions from universes where they failed
>Hero was killed by the nuclear attack
>I forgot what happened to Adept
>Demifiend failed Lucifier final test in TDE
>Flynn choosed law and got killed by a blackhole for his troubles

dlc download when?
that sounds amazing

It has been out for ages, I'm talking about the original SMT4 there

I never finished Law, does he die there?

wut I have to check somethings

Do I have to play SMT IV for this or is there no connection so I can just skip it?

Its probably because how the Great Will is more or less their version of the god worshipped in real life, he can't directly alter what is happening, he can nudge the people to do it on their own with their own power instead of just dropping in and fixing shit for everyone

Cred Forums, I need a straightforward and simple answer- is this game fully playable if I have not played SMTIV? Or does it rely on me knowing story from that game?

Except for his move set what implies that that guy is the demi-fiend?

Yes
>Merkabath: good work Flynn, now we can purge the unclean...and that includes us cuz we have blood in the hands! What? I didn't tell you?

They will probably explain everything what you need to know, but it is still recommended to play the original the get more out of some of the characters/backstory of the game.

nothing it's fanfiction

I can only imagine it having a better OST if it were on the 3DS

It's not necessary but its recommended. The game has a database that you can read anytime that explains past events, key characters from IV and terminologies so you don't get confused.

Is SMT 3 the most overrated game in the series?

Any Canadafags here confirmed if EB Games or Best Buy is actually stocking IVF on the 20th?

Yep.
Jonathan says something like "He will never see the fruits of his sacrifice" all cozy up in heaven. Flynn's soul is just vaporized,

Nope, still SMT II or Strange Journey if you're /vg/

Yeah I know how that is. Cute demon girls just can't be beaten no matter what. Asahi, Toki and well all of the human girls just don't compare. I always make a point of grinding up and making my favorite demon girls as strong as they can be and Mermaid easily qualifies.

My fucking SMT waifu holy fuck.

Aleph got killed by the Megiddo Arc.

We meet again.

Jonathan is such a fag.

Are there only two endings? or are there the normal Law, Human, Chaos endings?

I can't wait to turn Flynn into a brainwashed slave and let Isabeau rot while I impregnate my chaotic loli.

>SMT IV
>Bad

You faggots don't know what a bad game is.

Apocalypse looks really cool. I haven't played any SMT games except Devil Survivor and I just got a 3DS. Should I play SMT 4 first?

2 endings, law/chaos early endings which are exactly the way they are in IV.

I've seen more people shitting on it than anything nowadays.

pics of chaotic loli?

Yes.

Read the fucking thread.

Is this game a good place to start? I've never planned a non-Persona SMT. What's it like?

eh im not sure...

There are two where you side with either Law or Chaos, but they're pretty much the same as 4's and are considered short/bad ends.
The actual routes are either Peace or Genocide.

From what I have heard chaos and law are early endings like the white ending in the OG game and the 2 main endings are Anarchy and peace in which Anarchy is the usual SMT kill all your friends ending and peace is the persona 4 and everyone lived happily ever after ending or so I have heard.

>tfw this and Dragon Quest VII came out around the same time and they're both huge time sinks

It's aimed at beginners so yes. It takes the neutral path instead of a good or evil path and it improves upon SMT IV's weaknesses. Great place to start the series.

I would play SMT IV or Devil survivor 1.
I wouldn't start with this one since it is a sequel and despite the game telling you what happens in the prequel you will probably appreciate it more if you played the prequel,

would it kill you people to read the thread and not ask this question every 15 posts

youtube.com/watch?v=0QQy1kg_gQQ

>tfw they both leaked on the same night

Who is this supposed to be again someone from the previous game or is it someone who I will meet in this game?

i.imgur.com/nLQAjAg.jpg

He's a kid that sits outside of your hometown's hunter's association wearing a pot as a helmet and a cape.

Demons later invade your hometown and kill him

Literally Toki posted in the thread already

Well shit I really shouldn't get attached to characters.
I got attached to Manabu and Nikkari and you know what happend to them.

Is scout+ working for anyone else?
I cant recruit more than 1 demon simultaneously

All I saw was the freaky mask. Didn't notice the actual loli pics until just now.

Her name is Toki from the Ring of Gaea

Yes I see. Too bad I never go chaos.

Humanity first.

I always go neutral, but you'll still be able to interact with her aside from just taking her side or killing her.

DeSu:O did the endings right. Every single path had a solid and fulfilling ending. None of this bunch of crap endings and one okay ending.

Why is YHVH such a meme?

You can either pirate, or just region-unlock if purchasing is an important part for you, with ease.

>One of Medusa's curses is actually bleeped out
>Creator God
On the latter, does anyone actually call YHYH by name?

They do but the only one can actually say his name is himself, as it should be

It was bleeped in the Jap version for comedic effect too
Whenever someone says it, everything goes all staticy and distorted
He can say his own name

Trust this man. He is your friend.

Before you start chimping out like a retard about censorship, that is teh exact same thing as the japanese, right down to the asterisks and beeps

He actually is since he never really worked for YHVH but rather to the fucking Great Will, he stopped the angels from wiping out humanity because of that and to buy time until someone strong enough could appear

Whats wrong with sexy demons? Sex is a big part of the human psyche.

I agree with this fine fellow

It just seemed really out of place during her fight so I was just wondering.

So were the gnostic themes intentional or purely by accident?

Waifu wise is great. Gameplay and story wise is still mediocre even with demon negotiations

user, they are the theme, specially given what the plot is centered about

I don't know about the game but HOLY SHIT are the threads fucking awful. I can't even blame any one group for shitting them up, it's like everyone in there is trying their hardest to make them the worst things on Cred Forums.

Well considering YHVH is the fucking Demiurge, I would say they are intentional.

SMT always had Gnostic themes, hell Demirge himself is more often than not a boss or super boss, he is even the final boss of Persona 5

I'll probably watch a lets play. I don't want to play SMTIV.

her fight is literally a meme referencing her redesign

So, this is the point we have reached

She even dies screaming about how she tried to be more beautiful this time

>Persona and smt threads up
>smtIV threads talks about builds,gameplay and history
>Persona thread is only talking about waifus and sjw
All right i guess ill start with smt. Whats the best one to start with..?

If you want to ease into the series Digital Devil Saga.

If you want to go in balls to the wall and still have a great time, Nocturn, Strange Journey, or SMTIV

>You will never bro it up with Metatron while laughing at Chaosfags
Why even collect demons?

it wasn't

Play SMT4 or Nocturne first
SMT1 if you're hardcore
Megami Tensei 1 on Famicom if you're super hardcore
The novels if you that big of a faggot

I bought a 3DS for SMT IV and was satisfied, unfortunately it fell apart.

Should I buy another one for SMT IV A?

Read the thread. You're the 5th person to ask this question.

See and what you said happens precisely because Persona as of now only has waifus to fall back to, being on the console means they have to be more careful about what they want to do while on handhelds they can do more shit

It really is astonishing how bad the persona threads have been though. It's like the worst of Cred Forums and Cred Forums had a retarded child.

>unfortunately it fell apart.

What the hell did you do to it for that happen?

HEE HO!

Buy another one and hack it.
Hacked 3ds+r4 card can play every nintendo handheld game ever from GB to 3ds.

What the fuck did you do? Drop a nuke on it?

it didn't really, i don't want to tell the whole story again

fucking michael

Shit, I didn't know that. Does it need to be a N3ds or can it be a standard one?

is it better than IV?

>Betatron will never angrily spam you texts

Yes.

>N3ds or can it be a standard one?
It can be both but, if you have a New nintendo 3ds you can also run SNES games.

go hee fuck yourself, ho

superior jack coming in

STR-fag here.
Nothing feels right and I'm sitting on 132 strength at level 30.

I should have gone full magic huh

shit, that's great. I'll definitely get one then.

I got so happpy that we could dress up as Pyro Jack

>not going based DEX
all you need is myriad arrows and heaven's bow it's great

Shoulda gone WORLD OF DEX

BEAT DEMONS WITH FUCKING GUNS GO FULL ON DOOMGUY

RIOT GUN YHVH IN THE FUCKING MOUTH

I can't even think of any other SMT game where dex didn't suck.

Will we ever get another SMT game that takes place partially before shit hits the fan?

Persona?

>Whats the best one to start with..?
DDS, Nocturne, IV, Soul Hackers

>going around YHVH Universe firing Bind bullets at his cock suckers and then stealing all their macca.

Mainline.

>Not a fucking asshole so I'm friendly with all these fuckers the game keeps throwing at me
>Realise that Dagda is completely right and side with him
>Game penalises me because I wasn't a huge asshole and didn't get enough Dagda points to naturally align with him when the only other option was to be a fucking saint.
Really hope that penalty alignment thing isn't real cause that'd be pretty dumb.

Its almost like Dex wasnt even a stat until recently

I FINALLY BEAT THAT CUNT MEDUSA

AND ITS ALL THANKS TO THIS MAGNIFICENT BASTARD AND HIS GUN NULLIFY

is strength still useless

What the FUCK is THIS?

Is that meant to be Gabriel?

It sure feels like it.
Just go DEX like everyone else.
I remember it being broken in IV so it's probably still fine in Apocalypse

the only thing I don't really like about this design is parts of it are clearly 3D and others aren't

Ancient of Days
Law Superboss

I usually roll magic so I'm good, I was just wondering because of how hard they dropped the ball with STR in the first SMTIV

>tfw Preta carried my ass versus King Frost
>tfw Preta is the one pulling the string behind King Frost back
It's his evil twin brother.

>Tfw no early copy anywhere
Fuck ABQ and this shit state

While you can choose any path, you had to be a little consistent.
You should have been a bitch since the fairy forest invasion

Why did the Archangels in SMT4 look so fucking retarded?

Guys does Apocalypse take anything else from your SMT4 save file? Because I'm really not looking forward to fighting my Masakado killing team if Flynn has that

I am really on the fence on doing a physical build or mag build everything seems to point to mag to be way better than phys.

>Game that everybody can and has played
>Game that has only been out in Japan for a few days

Use your head user, don't be retarded.

>DEX
>Not MA

>Demon right next to her that nullifies her biggest damage is good against her
Holy fuck user you've cracked the code, good job

Vanilla angels are boring.

I think you can treat is just like agility, which is the same issue of generally being a shittier strength. It worked okay in DeSu:O I guess for some of the later skills that hit a number of times based on your agi stat and do fucktons of damage if your agi is high enough, but strength wasn't really any worse.

gib macca

Hell, as a fan of Kaneko, I liked them. Angels are suppose to be abominations.

>I usually roll magic so I'm good
you're not. skill slot apps are level locked every 25 levels. and dark/light are worth having on you. your skillset is going to have some serious crunch to it, so unlike in IV you can't handle everything with mc.

The artist wanted to take the "angels look like masses of limbs and faces and metal" design route.

It's not exactly wrong but it's not to everyone's taste.

Have you read some biblical descriptions of angels? They're pretty fucking trippy.

>using non human ways to fight
Sorry, but I only rely on that COLD STEEL and slavery.

Read the descriptions of Angels in the bible. They are monsters

>Fairy Forest Invasion
>Everyone learns you're actually dead
>Asahi crying her eyes out
>Nozomi going full on big sister
mode and comforting her
>Also tells you that she'll help make sure you don't stray or become a huge dick under Dagda's influence
>Option to shake her hand
>The other option is to slap it away like a douchebag when the situation didn't require it
So far the game hasn't really given me a reason to just straight up be an ass, although I was pretty close to leaving Hallelujah in the Sky Tower.
I did just meet Gaston though so maybe that will change.

you get some DDS titles and items.

Because that's how they are in the Bible.

Why do you think the very first words out of an angel's mouth whenever they appear to someone in the Bible is "Don't be afraid"?

Imagine going about your day when out of fucking nowhere this asshole shows up to bother you.

As much as I appreciate the SMT4 cangels being closer the lore I am a huge sucker for the versions that resemble Greek/Roman gods

>abe doesn't have a portrait
Welp.

How significant is the save data reward from SMTIV for having all 4 endings?

When the MC uses a "Gun" skill like needle shot, is the MC materializing the projectile or is he shooting magic bullets out of a regular gun?

I just finished up the Toki/ Ginza events. Every open so far has still been amicable or being a complete cunt

these new people have only played braindead bullshit JRPGs all their life and know nothing about game design and only grinding.

did someone say angels?

So i'm currently playing the first SMT (the super famicom one), and it's my first one, should i jsut keep playing or just get SMT IV?
I'm not even that far into the game, i've currently just warped through a terminal for the first time.

>not telling Skins to kiss your ass after the way they treat you
Felt like a better option than being forced to say that you won't backstab them.

Mag build cam work well

>Mamudo/Mahama are rarely innefective and smirk effect is absurd, combined with app that gives you smirk for preemptive attacks and with shield skills later on
>MC can dedicate himself to buffing team or debuffing enemies, thus every demon you create can take skills of the other half while MC does the other(I eventually had fog/acid breath, demons had only kaja skills)
>Energy drain with high magic is great and ensures you can keep buff/debuff up forever

Final level builds should just have you with debilitate, concentrate, almighty attacks, a full heal and light/dark magic.

You're not STRfagging hard enough.
Charge + Critical Eye then Dark Sword.
Two hits and you kill everything SMT II style.
And if they resist Phys, you can be support, it's what I do, I cover my magic buddies with Debilitate and Imposing Stance. Though, even if they resist Phys, Dark Sword still hits hard as hell.

He gets one later on.

once you get to the big underground town trying to find the next plot point you will know for sure whether you are going to be able to stomach it or not. If not SMT4 is a pretty good place to go

You are on Cred Forums posting about SMT.
You have plenty of time, play through the whole of Megaten

Charge and multi-hit moves tear bosses away

i know it can it's just you can't go into a mag build in IV:A like you could in IV and i was warning that poster of that.

No, the strongest skill in the game is Akasha Arts which is physical.

feels like i'm probably gonna spend 1/8th of my bank balance buying a 3ds just to play this

just go to a pawnshop and check the firmware for cfw. probably cost you 80 tops.

so once we get a proper mainline SMT game on an actual non-handheld system are people gonna realize that it's the best jrpg series ever?

>you'll never die and become a Throne rolling around on fire
>you'll never roll around with your boys

>Hi I'm STEVEN. I am not a demon.

Should I finish IV first, or just to Apoc?