What do you think about Dragon age cisquisition ?

what do you think about Dragon age cisquisition ?

I thought it was less awful than it could have, but most characters were unbearable

I don't have any thoughts. I never played it.

I dunno, Sera was the only one that was just downright unbearable.
The negress, the ghost and Blackwall were weak as fuck too, but at least they weren't as offensive as Sera.

The rest I had no issues with.

The story doesn't make a lot of sense and both the villain and the real villain are incompetent to the point of hilarity

Fucking blackwall

>I AM NOT REALLY A GREY WARDEN!
>OK MY NAME IS NOT REALLY BLACKWALL EITHER

That was so stupid. What the fuck was he even good for?

Had the potential to be great, ended up being slightly above average.

Bioware, Bethesda and Ubisoft.

The Royal Trifecta of disgustingly horseshit game developers.

>most characters were unbearable
I got the game expecting that but actually I was pleasantly surprised. I kicked out Sera and Cole as soon as I could but other then that most of them seemed alright. Although some were underdeveloped like mentioned.

Anyway, I can understand why people don't like the huge amount of fetch quests etc but it wasn't too big of a problem for me, I still enjoyed the game.

There were still some major critique points like the dumbing down (e.g. no attribute points, only one armor slot..), it was way too fucking easy, even on nightmare and the anticlimatic, poorly written ending.

I liked the crafting system a lot though.

The main story was trash. Most characters were trash. I literally completly forgot that guy with his beard existed so I didn't do his personal quest.

Some sidequests were pretty alright.

the sad thing with Dorian was that he was a well written character, apart from the forced homosexuality. He comes off as a complete tosser when you first get him and then becomes more likeable the more you talk with him. Then you do his quest and the game turns into a fucking teen novel about dealing with being different.

I liked cass and the dwarf, that was about it. Dropped the game when I realized it had been leading me on about being able to lez out with cass by giving me heart options followed by romantic sounding lines.

I agree. It's kinda ironic how bioware is by far one of the worst companies when it comes to handling gayness despite trying so hard.

>Most characters were trash

The characters were really the game's strength. All of the except Sera, Colesteel and the black lady were all really likeable. Black lady wasn't that bad, she was just kinda bland.

I'd go so far to say DA:I was has one of the best casts that Bioware has ever written. I know that's not saying much, but still.

Not much.
I literally only fielded him for his retarded warden-loot quest and when I wanted to waste the dragons with ease and fielded all-warrior team with my mage.

Cass was my main warrior, like, 90% of the time.

The dialogue blacky boo has with iron bull where she essentially becomes his mom was amusing

They weren't "bad" per se. As you say, they were just bland. Generic. Completely forgettable token black woman, token gay character, etc.

Alistair might have been a whiny little bitch in DA:O but at least I was able to remember his fucking name.

meh i actually like that...its always the villain one step foward most of the time...its cool that after you get skyhold you are actually building a organization powerfull anough to disrupt the villain.

truth right there...i actually hype for a eventual DAI sequel...but after the witcher they better stp the fuck up

give a chance to cole if you care to play again...i was even disapointed that he wasnt a edgelord like everybody here expected

Ever noticed that nobody ever clamored for people to crack Dragon Age Inquisition?

>Buying bioware crap post KOTOR
No

> real villain are incompetent to the point of hilarity
>but after the witcher they better stp the fuck up

Witcher 3 had the same problem...only it was a lot worse because the villain and the confrontation are hyped since the first game.

For all the shit you people are giving DA:I Witcher 3 wasn't a lot better. I loved the first two games but Witcher 3 was straight AAA trash both in storytelling and game design

well people was still very butthurt about ME3 and DA2 in the time
its funny how we can have some discussion about DAI and DA2 now because people pretty much have no expectation

>what do you think about Dragon age cisquisition

i don't

I really want to slap solas' shit in, so they did a good job on that front.

>literally I'm Gay: The Character
What was his personality even?

>Sera
Gods almighty, I cringed so hard when I was doing her mission. I mean, you can tell her to fuck off, but I just wanted to watch how low Bioware has fallen. And it was pretty low.

He was gay user.

That's how bioware starts out developing a character, like STEEEEVE.

Most of the times that's also where they stop developing the personality.

It's LITERALLY single player MMO. Absolutely worthless game, you just grind shit for hours and there're only few quests which feel like proper RPG expirience.

it was GOTY just like Witcher 3, so it must be amazing

Apart from the shitty story and characters, the game's biggest issue was all the extremely bad sidequests it forced you to do, just to get enough resources to unlock the next story mission every time.

The game itself wasn't that bad, the gameplay was pretty decent and the graphics were ok. It felt a bit too much like an empty MMO at times, but that would've been excusable if it wasn't for those goddamn awful mandatory sidequests every fucking time.

>What the fuck was he even good for?
I guess bioware wanted to force a choice on the player
choosing between the best tank of the game or condemning him because he is a piece of shit

Honestly is the best Bioware game in years!
which means fuck all as Biowaew have been irredeemable shit for years, Inquisition is the best of a bad bunch.

Ubisoft can at least shit out something fun once in a while.

Is Sera one of the worst companions in an RPG ever?

>those idiots market Dorian as being "the first gay character written without any stereotypes
>his personal quest is literally about him reconcile him with his estranged father that didn't accept him for being gay
>constant remarks about fashion and how he's more fashionable
>that fucking mustache

I had to put a gun to my head just so I would actually play it and even then the combat and characters were boring so I just simply dropped it

Surprisingly enough, those are usually the titles they don't market all that much.
Siege was just kinda... "there" and released without much noise and it's fun, has good content and updates and more players now than at launch.
The division was marketed to hell and back as the second coming of christ and it's shit and dead.

So recently I got the urge to replay this but can't decide on the class to play. Back when it came out I played as a dagger dualwielding assasin and the gameplay was fast paced and fun as fuck.
Since you can control your party members I also played a bit of sword and board tank (Cassandra) Ranged (Varric) and Mage (Solas) but neither really clicked.
Did I ruin my potential 2nd playthrough by playing as the most fun class already?

Funny enough I was actually thinking about Siege when I wrote the post.

>Know how lazy Bioware is
>Decide to play the game as a Dwarf girl

Holy shit a lot of animations weren't made with dworfs in mind.

I remember playing through DAI.

I remember it had something to do with green rift things.

I don't remember anything else about it.

DA2 bored the shit out of me but at least it managed to stick in my memory. DAI is the worst kind of failure, too bland to be memorable in any way. I didn't even notice any fags in it.

Speaking of female dorfs
>No Lace Harding romance
Fuck you Gayer and your "eww, dwarves, yucky"

Not surprising since it's probably the only modern Ubisoft game that's "acceptable" to like.

Child of Light and Valiant Hearts were generally very well received.
Haven't played hearts, but i'm going through CoL and it's pretty cute. It's not a challenge and doesn't redefine the genre, but it shows dedication and love that the people that made it put into it,
Basically, games that Ubi didn't force itself into too much like these and siege (because it wasn't expecting them to sell much either way probably) are the ones that turn out good.

Grow Home is good, havent played Grow Up yet

Lace Harding is a romance option, but it's barely anything.

She's actually not. Not everyone who has the heart dialog is actually romancable for the character you're playing as. You just sorta get turned down (or more accurately you never really hit on them seriously enough to get definitively turned down no matter how many times you try)
Harding is notable because she has the heart options despite not being a romance option for anyone at all.

You can, but as I said. It's barely anything.

It doesn't count if you can't fug her.

You would've probably been able to if it wasn't for Gayer and his ''dwarf lovers are pedos'' opinion.

actual gay man here
dorian "sassy gay friend" pavus is the worst fucking piece of shit to ever be passed off as 'writing'
i cannot fucking stand him
"it's not like i introduce myself as HI I'M DORIAN AND I LIKE MEN. it's all some people seem to care about these days" EXCEPT YOU DO, YOU LITERALLY DO INTRODUCE YOURSELF LIKE THAT

>you mean people would rather insert obvious caricatures of stereotypes; which are shoehorned into the game its painful to watch in a doomed attempt to seem liberal and modern? Instead of naturally inserting people who don't cry out their sexuality and fit neatly into the narrative?

Now that sounds silly

>mfw sera seeing sera's tits
holy shit thats the worse set of tits i've seen in a video game

Same here. He's basically just as bad as fucking cortez.

no way was steve as bad as dorian
he was shit too, don't get me wrong, but steve doesn't make me fucking livid just having to listen to anything he says
the second i hear dorian's cunty, whiny, annoying voice i just see red

>all these cartoonish forests
I just can't handle Frostbite

>Characters were really the game's strength.

I mean.... it was maybe the only redeeming quality for such a mediocre disappointment, but I'd hardly call that strength.

>I'd go so far to say DA:I was has one of the best casts that Bioware has ever written
Okay, now you are just going full retard.

>I know that's not saying much, but still.
What the fuck.
What is Baldur's gate, Dragon age, Mass Effect.

You can meme all day, but DAI has the worst cast. I haven't played DA2, but I heard even that one had a better cast.

This was your first Dragon Age game wasn't it?

Well yeah but he also didn't get nearly as many lines. He was there to be a gay romance and basically nothing else.

Dorian was meant to be the "first true gay character" or some shit like that.

>Tfw I like low hanging breasts

Interestingly enough, though I didn't like Zevran, it is even more alarmingly how differently these characters were handled.

Zevran is basically a literal man-whore, and he only talked about his sexuality because it made sense. It was also in the context of "you are hot, so I want you. I don't give a fuck what your gender is."

Then we have the stereotypical gay characters whose only trait is being gay.

i thought dorian was actually a pretty good character and was nowhere near the "heeeyyy guys! look at me! im gay!"

I dont know why even today people still think that.

I like how Bioware's first true gay charcaters only difference to other gay characters is, that he bitches about his father not liking his life choices

Here's my opinion

>Story 7.8/10
more clergy shit than the previous games, but I understand, your character is believed to be the Herald of Andraste. Plus I actually liked the ending of Tresspasser MUCH more than the ending of the actual game.

>Gameplay 7.9/10
I was a Qunari Rouge, should've been a mage. Pretty fun at first, gets boring after a while, and don't even get me started on the fucking War table operations...

>Companions 8/10
Sera was annoying, ESPECIALLY her fucking laugh.
Blackwell is an ungrateful shit
Iron Bull has interesting dialogue, shit AI though
Dorian was fine by me, no real arguments here other than "Oh me being gay caused daddy issues!"
Solas was a hypocrite and a shithead
Varric was okay
Vivinene was annoying and agrivating
Cassandra was romanced, nice to see her teased and she's an amazing tank
Cole looked like an edgy, 17 year old faggot.

>Stuff to do 7.8/10
Lots of collectibles and quests, but it's pretty boring to do nothing but find bottles, close rifts and more.

>Bugs/glitches 8/10
I encountered little to no glitches, but once I did, they fucked me over. Like when I'm fighting a dragon and out of knowwhere, my warriors decide to freeze up and not move.

>Overall 7.8/10
Could've improved on some spots a bit more, but overall it was pretty decent.

>he wasnt a edgelord like everybody here expected

people still think hes some kind of shadow the hedgehog edgelord.
just look at OP, people still think dorian is the "HI. im super! thanks for asking!" gay faggot.

because he is literally like that
it's like the writers watched a handful of will and grace episodes and went "well clearly this is the height of depth that gay people can have"

>just look at OP, people still think dorian is the "HI. im super! thanks for asking!" gay faggot.
BECAUSE HE IS, RETARD

Agreed, his whole fucking character revolves around him being gay. He has no other persoanality points other than that

confirmed for not playing the game.

well, carry on shitposting about shit you dont know. thats what you guys enjoy doing right?

>all these straight people defending dorian's characterization and writing
he's a walking, talking stereotype of the 'sassy gay friend' trope. he can't go five fucking seconds without making some annoying 'witty' comment and being a femmy cunt
how is this helpful to us actual gay dudes

eat shit and die, breeder

fujoshi detected
go ship him and iron bull elsewhere you ugly whore

>that image
Bitch please, he would say the exact same thing even if he were straight because that's how people act in Tevinter. The Tevinter upper class are flamboyant and arrogant.
We've had two whole games to establish this previously. Dorian is the stereotypical Tevinter mage to a T, the only real difference is that he's not evil. He's flamboyant because he's from Tevinter, not because he's gay.

The only real thing I liked about Dorian was that he can atleast give the MC the most respect out of anyone else

internalized homophobia is a hell of a drug.

It's pretty ironic how you hate Dorian for being ''Hi guiz, i am the gay'' when you keep mentioning the fact that you are gay aswell.

Do you hate Dorian because he reminds you of yourself?

>implying everyone from Tevinter is an asshole

>minorities cannot disagree with me because they are then not actually thinking for themselves and are just self-hating
go back to tumblr right now

because i'm the most qualified to comment on it, retard

that's what they were pushing for the past 2 games until inquisition went LOL NEVERMIND ALSO APPARENTLY TEVINTER IS HOMOPHOBIC EVEN THOUGH IT HASN'T BEEN AN ISSUE IN THE STORY AT ALL BUT FOR SOME REASON IS NOW

I do wonder how these pushed sjw stereotypes in fictions make people who are actually gay and what not feel.

I am an Asian American. Personally, whenever an Asian character is forcefully inserted into a story and he is super "fresh off the boat" asian with extremely heavy accents, it makes me feel uncomfortable.

He doesn't hate gays, you dumb ass. Imagine if they added a character whose only "personality" is being straight, then he does super stereotypical macho man stuff all the time while chanting how much he likes girls. It plays to the stereotype of that gay people should be defined by gays. That makes idiots like you think it is perfectly normal that a gay person would act like Dorian. In the real world, people who are gay are not obvious unless you guys are flirting or if they tell you about their relationships..etc.

Are you fucking retarded too? He is telling you he is gay and characters like Dorian that writers put in to "diversify" their cast is actually being counterproductive. Reading comprehension.

I breathe air, but that doesn't mean i'm the most qualified to comment on it.

>he can't go five fucking seconds without making some annoying 'witty' comment and being a femmy cunt
Because he's from TEVINTER. Did you even play DA:O? Or was Inquisition your first game and you just decided you understood this character from two seconds of dialogue with him and zero understanding of the setting?

You would be if you are on a Korean Manga board where most posters don't breathe air.

I see logic is also lacking with you.
Try again, fucking inbreed.

>Imagine if they added a character whose only "personality" is being straight, then he does super stereotypical macho man stuff all the time while chanting how much he likes girls.
Like Duke Nukem?

Just to make this even easier for you to understand.

>People who are not gay are posting about gay characters.
>Hey guys, I am gay, and here's my perspective.

>People who don't breathe air are talking about breathing air.
>Hey guys, I actually breathe air, here is my perspective.

You get it now, you dumbfuck?

>Are you fucking retarded too? He is telling you he is gay and characters like Dorian that writers put in to "diversify" their cast is actually being counterproductive. Reading comprehension.
pretty much
they're not put into the story because they'd be interesting, they're shoehorned in because they need to make their diversity quota

did you play the games? you're acting like every single tevinter mage was a femmy catty little bitch and that's simply not the case at all

being deliberately dense isn't cute

difference being that duke came out in an era where machismo was seen as humorous
and then DNF came out and we all remember how well-received that was

No, not like Duke Nukem, you fucking retard.

The world is filled with straight people, and Duke Nukem is a character.

Let me use a different example so you understand what context means.

Imagine a JRPG. On a cast of 12 characters, one of them is white. This character has no personality, no storyline, or interesting plot outside of being white. In fact, you go into his room, he is posting on Instagram taking a picture of the pasta he made last night in his oven. All he does is being white.

We would call this character a one-dimensional stereotype that is poorly written.

I remember when Duke Nukem 3D came out and everyone was so happy that finally we had a realistic, well-rounded, inclusive, positive heterosexual male character. Pretty certain the writers won a shit ton of awards and all the reviews went on and on about the quality writing there.

>ALSO APPARENTLY TEVINTER IS HOMOPHOBIC EVEN THOUGH IT HASN'T BEEN AN ISSUE IN THE STORY AT ALL BUT FOR SOME REASON IS NOW
Maybe because we knew almost nothing about Tevinter culture before Dorian came along?
The only things we knew were that they had a male based chantry, their men were flamboyant cockbags, they were ruled by magisters, and they had tons of slaves and blood magic was fucking everywhere.
Everything else we learned from Dorian. It's not too shocking for Tevinter to be homophobic anyway, since bloodlines and status are everything there. Even Dorian himself admitted that it's not the gay part itself that's an issue, it's the fact that he refused to marry a woman for show.

it was definitely an improvement on 2, and you can get around all the shoehorned social commentary by just not talking to the retarded party members

but it hadn't been an issue at all in the game world whatsoever. it felt completely forced in to suddenly make this a BIG HUGE ISSUE for a character from a race we know little about from a place we know even less about

it reeks of shitty writing and exists only to make you go "aw you poor thing" without actually providing any real depth to work with

Atleast it isn't ''Qunari is super okay with trans people, yo''

Different guy here.

Everything can make sense, but I don't think that's the issue here.

It's just pretty disappointing that you are adding a gay character whose only major plot element is about being gay and draws inspiration from real life gay right/family acceptance stuff. It's not really "offensive" like Sera, but it's just not very interesting and pretty clearly SJW-pandering to "diversify".

got it for like 10$ (with all the dlc) and enjoyed. will probably buy the next one for 10$ on sale and enjoy it too.

Who, if you did, did you romance and why? Who was your favorite romance?

Yeah.... that too...

I mean, in the real world where we take inspirations from, trans people are not going around telling everyone how "trans" they are and shit. They are too busy being people. Only attention whores like Katelyn Jenner is going around like that. What was the context of the reveal again? Ironbull literally just tells you out of no where during a scene right?

I think it's the fact that all of these were so not subtly shoved into the story that's making the pieces unbearable.

It's not even a big issue what the fuck. Dorian doesn't tell you about it unless you nag him for the info, and he gets angry at you for prying, and gets even more angry at you if you try to help.
It's part of his personal backstory, and is a completely skippable section of gameplay that IIRC only even happens if you start his romance route anyway. I don't think you can get the quests unless you've been flirting with him.

Can you tell me about the villain, even my morbid curiosity won't allow me to play DA:I after DA2, but I am still curious.

Male hetero's only choice was Cassandra, since the adviser lady doesn't really have anything not to mention very boring.

I wish they added more "classically" beautiful characters though. I feel like a couple "waifu" choices could have saved the otherwise fairly forgettable game even though some people don't like romances.

>It's just pretty disappointing that you are adding a gay character whose only major plot element is about being gay and draws inspiration from real life gay right/family acceptance stuff. It's not really "offensive" like Sera, but it's just not very interesting and pretty clearly SJW-pandering to "diversify".
yeah basically what i'm trying to say
it feels like it was put in there to go "DON'T YOU FEEL BAD FOR HIM? DON'T YOU? DON'T YOU???" at the player

i honestly hate krem less than i hate dorian
probably because he doesn't make a shitty joke every 5 seconds

what i DID fucking hate though was how you couldn't even ask if it caused any issues for anyone. you're given the option that's something like "so how does this affect everyone" and your character just goes "SO WHAT'S IT LIKE HAVING SHE BE A HE, HUH???"

because it makes for a shitty backstory. he's provided with no real depth

It was cracked anyway.

>It's just pretty disappointing that you are adding a gay character whose only major plot element is about being gay and draws inspiration from real life gay right/family acceptance stuff. It's not really "offensive" like Sera, but it's just not very interesting and pretty clearly SJW-pandering to "diversify".
It's still much better than not having any gay characters at all. If you don't start with the cardboard caricatures, then you'll never get anywhere at all.

Dorian was alright,
The right amount of gay but still with a strong personality.

Sera was only cunt i didnt like.
Then again nobody in your team likes her and shes the only one you can kick out.
Also the only person that could be described as evil out of your companions, no morals and no values, steal, kill and have fun.

It's when you meet Iron Bull's crew. Krem(The trans) then mentions something about binding chests and you can question Krem at that point.

No option to go ''That's fucking weird.'', your character is somehow super supportive and okay with it and even refers to Krem as 'he'.

no, absolutely not
i would much prefer no gay characters at all than nothing but shitty ones, thanks

this also just provides justification for people's shitty writing

despite Cred Forums' issues with the feminist crap the game has far worse problems... like being about as much fun as headbutting a wall

Main villain is some ancient evil type character who basically wants to end the world. He used this "artifact" to destroy most of the religious leaders and Haven/Andraste's temple.

Through some plot reason, the artifact bounded to you during it, and that's what makes you so special. You are like the key to seal all these demonic portals due to the artifact.

He's pretty stereotypically evil, and you basically gather all these people around the world to beat him.

You find out that one of your party member is actually an ancient elven god, and he was the one who initially gave the artifact to the villain. He's doing it to bring the elves back or something. He's working with Flemeth from DA:O who you find out is another Elven god.

>because it makes for a shitty backstory
That's because it's only a tiny detail of his backstory.
His REAL backstory is that he's a mage from the Tevinter upper class who has left Tevinter and is now trying to help the Inquisiton. "By the way I'm gay and my parents didn't like that and that's why I initially left Tevinter" is a fairly unimportant detail.

>feminism
>complaining about how gay men are represented
wew lad, feminists hate gay men and frequently shit all over them. where have you been?

>Cassandra is the only heterosexual love interest for men
>She's also 38

What happened to the cutie in DA2? Why does she have to be so old?

i know this is a difficult concept to grasp but there's more gay stereotypes than simply not shutting up about how gay you are

More like Josephine is the only hetero choice

I love the time gap between DA:O and DA:I yet Morrigan still looks young as fuck. Plus Cassandra looked a bit edgy in DA 2

>i would much prefer no gay characters at all than nothing but shitty ones, thanks
You only say that because you were born and raised in an era where you didn't have to deal with the very real harm that erasure causes. Go back 70 years and you'll find an awful lot of people who would do anything to get even a poorly written stereotype thrown their way.

>Why does she have to be so old?
We all age

Not him, but you guys could both be right, since it is opinion after all.

Personally, while I do hate the initial portrayal of Asian characters in movies back in the day (they were huge stereotypes), that is probably what opened the doors to allow current day Asian actors to play real characters. Some of them are still stupid stereotypes, but it's getting better.

She was pretty ugly too, but at least you can go explore with Cassandra and had affinity system with her. Josephine was literally just dialogue options. She was also sooo boring.

>you should go back to a time where you had to be alright with horrendously offensive stereotypes
okay but it's current year and that's no longer the case
either write us properly or not at all

also, what really gets me is the same people who would damn those old, offensive portrayals turn around and dicksuck bioware over how "progressive" the writing is

When is it not current year?

Any possible representation of a gay character is going to fall under at least a dozen stereotypes. It is impossible to make a gay character that people won't find some excuse to hate, and it's impossible to make a gay character that people won't immediately boil down into a stereotype. Even Cred Forums's beloved Arcade Gannon is a fucking stereotype.

A well written character is going to fit stereotypes and is going to reflect reality. What makes them well written is the fact that there's more to them than the barebones stereotype, something that is undeniably true for Dorian.

It's like the walking corpse of black isle, when the spirit has been scattered to the winds....

How is Dorian an offensive portrayal? You getting offended for gay people now? kek

>cisquisition
>two gay, one bi and one trans character
It didn't make sense when it was first coined, and it doesn't make sense now.

>one of the only straight white male romance options for women and he pumps and dumps them and was also a huge fraud

god patrick weeks is such a salty numale

Wasn't he one of the most reasonable characters in South Park?

>HI I'M DORIAN AND I LIKE MEN

Many gay men do this. I'm not joking. It's literally the fucking worst

>okay but it's current year and that's no longer the case
Sorry but no, gay acceptance has not progressed to the point where we can demand an ultimatum like "properly or not at all"
There are still people alive today who opposed the decriminalization of homosexuality. Some of those people are politicians, and some of them are still in office.

I found DA:I pretty fun. Building a well coordinated party and exploiting abilities to make certain characters hilariously OP tickles my fancy. The story itself was fine, but nothing to write home about.

But every single party member was an annoying unlikeable twat. I didn't give two fucks about any of them beyond what they contributed to combat.

despite the hate, I fucking loved and got me the platin trophy. The combat is simplistic but fun anyhow.
Hated some of dem bioware animations but well, liked most of the characters and the story was not the ebst but it was engaging.

The name implies that it's anti-CIS. You don't have an inquisition do it's thing on someone who you agree with and get along with.

>Many gay men do this
No they don't. Maybe if they're trying to flirt with you and really suck at it, but otherwise no.

Dorian is not too bad but his major moments were all entered around him being gay. Why can't we just get a character like allistar who is basically just a character with his own stories, personality, and motivations. Then you only find out he's gay if you try to romance him.... Like in real life. People who are gay are just people. The gay part is only relevant if it's about relationships.

I don't know what SJW sympathisers like this are even doing on this board.

Like 90% of the complaints about "bad writing" is actually just Cred Forums being incredibly hypersensitive when it comes to minority characters. At least.

I still remember my very first encounter with a gay person.

He introduced himself and immediatly mentioned that he was gay, then he made eye contact with me and said ''But you don't have anything to worry about''.

>Like a game for what it is without even mentioning politics
>Labelled an SJW sympathiser

Look, Cred Forums, everyone has noticed you've become what you hated ages ago. When will you admit it?

>want to play as a petite cute feminine elf
>pajamas wearing
>no separate animation for female
>crude masculine dialogues everywhere

KILLING ME SOFTLY

That makes all gay people like this right? Come on, you are only pretending to be this retarded right? It doesn't even matter if you met 3 gay people that do this. That just means there are 3 gay people that did this. Do you understand how big the world is?

walk around San Francisco or literally any liberal city and you will see gays like that all over.

Yes, they fucking do. I've met many a gay that do exactly that. Or their friend introduce them as "the gay friend" or something along those lines

>many = all

Are you like fucking dumb?

>Like a game for what it is without even mentioning politics
Turning a blind eye to the political content in a piece of media like DA: I is an implicit endorsement of it. Either you fight against it or you are complicit through inaction.

Fucking savage holy shit.
Where were you when user was fucking murdered by a random gay guy?

>Or their friend introduce them as "the gay friend" or something along those lines
which is exactly the kind of thing we're complaining about right here in this very thread

most of us don't really like being introduced like that

most of us don't pull that shit either, because SURPRISE, the ones that don't you'd never know we were gay in the first place

Go fuck yourself.

The writing is abysmal and gives off a sincere aura of teenager-ness, as if it was written by a snarky 14 year old who thinks he's really clever.

Never said all gay people were like that, just that my first encounter was with a person like that.

Stop being so triggered, you insecure faggot.

That's an insult to Big Gay Al

my male human warrior didn't romance anyone.

cassandra was too ugly. josephine was kinda cute, but i'm not about to get with a bisexual who'll just cheat on me. everybody knows bisexuals can never be satisfied with one partner.

>most of us don't really like being introduced like that

You've obviously never been to the gay side of any city or a liberal arts school which is a good thing

You know where burying your head in the sand to stuff like this gets you?

It gets you extinct.

>The name implies that it's anti-CIS
Like how an inquisitor is anti inquisition? Smart.

>as if it was written by a snarky 14 year old who thinks he's really clever
That's always been the writing style and target audience of the Dragon Age series.
Just go listen to the party banter in Origins. DA2 isn't quite as bad, but that's mainly because DA2's cast is so incredibly bland that only about a third of them have any decent lines.

>not wanting a threesome with josephine and leliana
what are you, some kind of faggot?

>just that my first encounter was with a person like that.
nope you said 'many' and now you're doubling back as if it were just one

i'm literally gay myself so no, not even close senpai
you've obviously never met a gay guy who WASN'T at a liberal arts school or at a shitty, kitschy gay part of down

most of the time you wouldn't even know someone was gay, because, again, surprise, the majority of us don't pull that shit, especially when we're past our mid twenties

I don't even care about your delusions, just keep them to yourself. This is why no one likes you.

You are the exact SJW stereotype people have been complaining about for years now except you get your memes from Cred Forums instead of Tumblr.

inb4
>hurr I don't even go to Cred Forums
You're not fooling anyone.

also, i literally live next to a liberal arts school and more of the time i see dyejob feminists than anything

>i'm literally gay myself
This is a right wing board now. You are incompatible with Cred Forums. I will ask you to leave this place civilly at first which is something an abomination like you should be extremely thankful for.

>It gets you extinct.
>positive media portrayals of gender and sexual minorities will lead to the extinction of anything
Jet fuel can't melt steel beams

Cred Forums is one of the gayest boards on Cred Forums m8, just extremely closeted.

>closed off gay male doesn't know the realities of the gay community
>most of the time you wouldn't even know someone was gay

literally lmaoing.

Visuals aren't a dealbreaker to me, I've played plenty of games with outdated visuals but I can't for the life of me stand looking at the characters in this game. They look so fucking ugly from a design standpoint.

Show me where I said 'many' gay people are like this.

Because i'm pretty sure all I did was share a story about my first encounter with a gay person and that's it.

You know if the defenders of the white race weren't exactly as militant as the people trying to destroy it, then that would be an implicit endorsement of the genocide.

The "le two sides of the same coin" argument is just a meme anyway since it doesn't consider the fact that on an objective level we are fighting for good and they are fighting for the destruction of good (AKA evil). You may as well be dismissing an extremely devoted anti-pedo task squad with "you fucks are just obsessed with the pedo ring as the pedo ring is as obsessed with raping children".

Pro-female = anti male.
Pro degenerate = anti-white.

I can see how these individual instances might seem incidental and harmless to you, but you must understand that they represent a small cog in a much larger malevolent plan.

I thought it was okay.

Dorian was great, though. He had legitimate grievances with his father (who was basically a sociopath) and it didn't leave him a whiny bitch.

10/10 facial hair and voice not to mention an eternal bro.

Fuck Sera though.

LOL LOOK AH ME I SPIX WEARD AND FAAAAHST AHM SOOOO RANDUMMMMMMMM WEEEEEEW QUIZZZZZZIE

>i disagree with you so clearly you have no idea what you're talking about even though you are part of that community
LITERALLY LMAOING

we need something like godwin's law except for pedophilia and not nazis because jesus christ you faggots jump quick

I romanced Cassandra only because of her Tresspasser ending...and because I have a kink for short hair
>fucking worth

kys

Godwin's Law doesn't really apply when you're arguing with literal white supremacists anyway.

Right, well, you've made me an ardent SJW, because otherwise I'd be implicitly endorsing your retardation. Kill all white men.

>literal white supremacists
If you're not a literal white supremacist then you are either stupid, uneducated or just plain cowardly.

Female elves are so unbelievably ugly now.

I fiddled with the settings for hours and this was the best I could do.

>literal white supremacists anyway.
don't
they're dumb kids who think they're being funny, not kkk members who will literally lynch someone
i don't like them either but hyperbole only makes us look overreactionary

Nice mage

>Kill all white men.
This is what every post you've made so far in this thread has read to me this entire time. I believe every political leaning should be blown out to the furthest ideological end goal and then judged accordingly. The stakes are too high for anything but full measures.

I'm not disagreeing with you. It's pretty fucking obvious that you don't know fucking shit about the gay community and the only time you've actually encountered it was when you hooked up with some dude on Grindr/Scruff or that time your friends dragged you to a gay club

I was like you once. Blissfully ignorant but now I know what a complete fucking shithole that community was. Doesn't matter if you're in the scene or off doing your own thing. If you're gay, you're automatically paired with it

I'm not going to argue with someone who is clearly all three of those.

honestly you sound fresh out of highschool
go meet some gay people that don't bother with the 'community' (read: most gay people) and you'll be surprised how much "not like THOSE gays" most gays are

It's not hyperbole in the slightest. It's entirely accurate.

Isn't there a reverse tumblr for you reverse SJWs to hang out instead of here? 8gag maybe?

Any white man with the balls to stand up and fight for his race and gender is a brave and beautiful boy.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, you know that, right?

If you act like a retard all your life, to the world, it would be as if you were actually a retard.

If you're not devoted to fighting the leftist cuckoldry that is killing the white race then you are a mentally ill SJW bull prepper hellbent on his own destruction.

what said

You can mock me and accuse me of shitposting all you like. In my heart and mind I know with complete sincerity that I am a ray of white light cutting through the darkness and deceit.

This fucking thread turned from a DA:I thread to a Dorian sucks thread to a gay stereotype thread and now we're arguing about KKK shit

Your hooded faggot strawman group have nothing to do with fighting against the genocide of your culture.

Bioware.
You got to learn the difference between making a character token Gay and having a well written character that just happens to be into men.
You can make a characters sexuality important to their character but their sexuality shouldn't be their entire character.
Otherwise your character ends up being a parody of what it's supposed to represent.
Little better than Dafiid the oonly gaaay in the villaage!

I didnt hate it.

But it all just felt really underwhelming.

Isnt fantasy games suppose to be about all EPIC and LEGENDARY and shit? From the combat to the romance?

Everything felt really tame, especially the final boss.

>You got to learn the difference between making a character token Gay and having a well written character that just happens to be into men.
Sometimes I think it's rather Cred Forums that needs to learn the difference.

Then change the subject and ignore the spergs.

Personally I am opposed to all depictions of homosexuality in fiction unless they are portrayed as weak, disgusting disgraces and the true consequences of their degenerate lifestyles are brought to their natural conclusion. Sounds cheesy but no basically no gays unless the work serves as a PSA against gayness.

This.

People who are against fags in video games will always be against fags in video games. All these "Gay cant be their only trait" shit is just bullshit and you know it, because it doesnt matter what a fag does in a game, Cred Forums will always tunnel vision onto the fact that he's gay and disregard eveyrthing about his charcter.

I dropped this shit when I realized it was all about autistically collecting materials and shards which are located in places you can't even go

Sounds like boring ass shit you'd see in a generic JRPG.

>All these "Gay cant be their only trait" shit is just bullshit and you know it,
ayyyy except there are actual gay men including myself who feel this way
homophobes going off doesn't make our complaints any less valid

Whatever man. Being able to romance the villain was pretty dope.

I'm just saying.

There is no magically "correct" formula for a gay character or any minority character. Someone whose character is largely driven by his sexuality is not automatically better or worse than someone who's driven by religion, greed or something else.

Grow up you little shit.

>villain
What villain

no shit but being lazy and having the only thing in their backstory revolve around their sexuality is boring writing

get some taste and stop giving people a free pass for shitty writing just because it has a gay in it

Solas

Basically the secondary villain and Bioware's "we need a racist in here" character, because they couldn't jerk off The illusive Man anymore since it's Dragon Age.

unbearable just like every Dragon Age game if you played a decent RPG beforehand

>Someone whose character is largely driven by his sexuality is not automatically better or worse than someone who's driven by religion, greed or something else.

The thing though is there's a big difference between a character like Zevran from dragon age who is a fully fleshed out character who happens to love smoking poles and a character like Steve from Mass Effect 3 who exists only to push some liberal agenda; for fucks sake the dude will literally cry about his dead husband the entire game if you don't start a conversation with him.

>ayyyy except there are actual gay men including myself who feel this way
Yeah and why is that when there are actual straight men who don't feel like that at all? Maybe you're just oversensitive to these things. Just like homophobes would be. You're both already more concerned with the representation of gay people than the average person.

Grieving your loved ones is a liberal agenda?

no, the fact there is nothing else beyond the grief is

he exists to be a gay romance option, he is barely even a character

>You're both already more concerned with the representation of gay people than the average person.
this is somehow surprising to you, that a gay man cares about gay representation

not him but steve was a bit better than dorian but not by much

outside of his bromance with vega, there's not much else to his character but "muh dead husband"

>I didn't play the game

I honestly don't know what the difference is between SJWs and 80% of Cred Forums. You all apply the same objectively incorrect logic to everything you see.

No, how did you get that out of my post?

Am I fully gay for liking feminine looking boys V?

Nah, you're half gayanort.

Full gay is fapping to hambeasts with pink or purple hair.

The difference is that Cred Forums is on the side of the objectively correct opinions and therefore 100% justified in everything they do while SJWs are automatically always wrong because they're liberals.