What did Cred Forums think about the new Deus Ex?

What did Cred Forums think about the new Deus Ex?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sO2WIFTm7n4
youtube.com/watch?v=zdbyYNG_kgI
youtube.com/watch?v=MGIdYl2oN74
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think that your appointment to FEMA should be finalized within the week

It was great.

Have you discussed the matter with the senator?

Oh yes

Underused characters aside, great game.

short and forgettable

It was fun.

it's devided

It was pretty good, though the story really didn't know if it wanted player interaction or not.
Gameplay is the same as Human Revolution, so if you liked it back then you ought to like it now. Only thing annoying about is that you get an animation every time you do a takedown.
Game world is pretty good as well. Still, if you think about buying it, I'd suggest that you wait until it gets its 'directors cut' edition.

>Refined gameplay
>Great over world albeit a but small
>Gud characters and dialogues
>Great sidequests
>Shit story
>Short
There you have it

>piratefag

Excellent gameplay but shit story.

This

Really good game but Vega was a shit

Eliza best girl

It's true, HR was praised for months, it generated memes...
Mankind Divided has nothing, everyone has forgotten the game exists, the PC port was pure trash...

Shes fucking nuts and also doesnt exist.

Not him, Sounds like you're assblasted that it hasn't been cracked yet.

As a cuckholding fetishist, I've always found it problematic that games don't offer a diverse cast. Mankind Divided has been just the rebuke on white cishet patriarchal society that I've been begging for. As the protagonist, I didn't feel like the driving force of this game, I felt like a socially conscientious spectator who was being guided by a wise cast of black freedom fighters to accept my guilt in the state of their lives.

I sincerely hope that Eidos keeps up this mature level of discourse in the very important conversation that we whites need to listen to regarding race and racism. Mankind Divided is the first in many discussions we need to have and I eagerly await Mafia 3 and Battlefield 1.

It's a shame that the game ended so abruptly. There's a lot that Eidos got right.

This, I really wanted to have another hub or two. I really enjoyed prague but I wanted to explore London more or even go back to Hengsha

did some things better than HR, did some things worse

the entire game being tied to the one hub really held the game back

But it's true that no one cares about Mankind Divided.

Just because you don't care doesn't mean no one does. Stop baiting and leave.

>you can choose how your AI waifu helps you

Moments like this are just some of the reasons I fucking love this game.

If I leave this thread will die.

>this damage control
he's right, this is the first MD thread I have seen in weeks

You clearly have been on the wrong board. I have seen a ton.

Regardless, you're same fagging and ass mad piratefags.

>samefagging
What?

You just came here and started shouting piratefags randomly.
Gotta wonder how much of a virgin you have to be to be this obsessed with pirates.

>you're same fagging and ass mad piratefags.
whatever floats your boat man

It reeks of a rush job, especially considering the non-ending and absolutely broken PC port.

In short: Great dickass thief simulator, lousy shooter, half-done story.

The game caters to those who like to explore with its big, open Prague level, but not much of the main story happens there. The away missions are too short, and don't add much to the story; you spend most of your time bonking everyone on the back of the head anyway.

Breach mode is an interesting idea and actually has a significant story, but Squeenix's microtransaction money grubbing sucks all the fun out. You might get through three or four case files before the need to EMP everything starts to piss you off.

The game is pretty polished on a technical level. Models are textures are bretty gud. Never had framerate issues playing on my potato PC. In-engine loading screens are a really nice touch. It wasn't as good as D44M's native PC build, but it was damn close.

I got my money's worth out of it.

In isolation it's pretty good.

I get pissed off if I stop to think that I waited 5 years for this and got something that feels more butchered and incomplete than HR though

DX>MD>HR>IW

Yet another summer game i'm hyped for, yet another dissapointment due to unfinished content.

This

There is so many things I liked about MD then it fucks it all up. Like Prague has way better level design and it loops back around in ways you don't expect. But then you have to load between a okay sized zone and a small one constantly for quests, and it runs like shit.

First story mission that sends you out of the HUB was lame, Golem City was great, GRAM in Sweden was shit, and London was great but kinda short.

It's definitely worse than HR. I'm pretty sure that the only thing they imroved is gameplay.

And PC optimization is fucking garbage, and I'm saying this after playing MKX on PC for 500 hours.

Pros:
>Good Gameplay
>Good Side Missions
>Guns
>Characters

Cons:
>Shit Story
>Short Story
>NO REAL Boss Fights until end
>Untapped Potential of side Characters unused (Argento,Vega,etc)

Petty Con:
>I didn't get to do this to Meg

THE FRUIT FLIES ADAAAAAAAM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sO2WIFTm7n4

>PRESS A FOR AWESOME
>YOU PRESS A SOMETHING AWESOME HAPPENS
thanks eidos montreal

>Pros
>Characters
Moe waifubaits aside, I can't think of a single interesting character in this game.

>short
>obvious cut content for DLC microtransactions
>shit story
>shit characters
>uncanny valley as fuck facial animations
>runs like shit on PC

have you notice a general apathy towards Mankind Divided in here? and many people love Deus Ex here

Don't blame it on Denuvo either, D44m got tons of fucking threads during its release month

>you're a pirate if you didn't like the game

I can totally understand it. I liked the gameplay but felt kind of empty at the end. HR felt much more interesting in comparison.

Riot prods when?
Hubs in France and Russia when?
Official trilogy announcement when?
Nano-augmented boss unit when?
Turning Delara when?
Ayy lmaos when?
Killswitch when?

It's probably because whatever story they're trying to tell got cut into 3 games and multiple season passes.

Human Revolution was a fairly self-contained story with memorable characters.

Good

>great level design
>pretty smooth controls and gunplay
>side quests are fleshed out and fun to progress through
>writing is good

Bad
>technical issues, especially when exiting metros
>story is forgettable and doesn't really lead anywhere or start off well
>stupid amount of backtracking between sub-zones for the hub
>way too easy
>boring characters, none of the charm from the supporting cast of HR

I think the rumors that the story was rewritten after the Paris attacks are true.

Should i buy it or just watch a walkthrough video on youtube? Im quite interested in the story but everyone keeps saying its shit

What the fuck? You play the game and form your own opinion.

How come it feels rushed if they took 5 years to make it?

Shit nigga, 5 years is the time Rockstar took from making GTA IV to V. Like them or hate them the games feel nothing alike. Perhaps even less than 5 years since they worked on those Episodes from Liberty City DLCs.

youtube.com/watch?v=zdbyYNG_kgI

wait for the edition with all the DLC

Rockstar didn't have Square Enix as their publisher. Deus Ex:MD is a great game even though Square Enix tried to kill it.

Anyone know how to beat the 21 second speedrun of a S02 Claymore/70GB collection in the tier 3 network? I can't fathom a way to beat it. The big 30 gb combo is in the center but it takes at least 5 seconds to get to with with spamming icarus dash. And then the download speed along takes like 10 seconds so you have 6 seconds to get 40 gb of data scattered roughly around your area. Even with maximum speed cheats I don't think its possible.

I had never played a Deus Ex game before so I kept thinking I was playing a Dishonored mod

Game was good but way to short.. Il replay it when all the dlc is out!

>Dishonored mod

Fucking degenerate.

Waiting for crack

I take it he was agreeable?

>>way too easy
Isn't this kind of a given? When you have so many options, I'm not sure how would you balance them all out. DX, Dishonored, HR all have the same issue.
At least the DLC will have new enemies, apparently.

>>boring characters
At least Bobby, Delara and both Elizas are pretty great desu.

Fucking with the new engine, constant rewrites and Squeenix would be my guess.

It's obvious that they're wanting to turn Deus Ex into their new big annual franchise and Jensen into the next Lightning.

not bad. too short. the whole cash shop thing really chaps my ass, but you can ignore it easily enough

>way too easy

Try no aug/no stealth runs on Dude sex difficulty. That, or play Breach the whole way through without buying micro transactions.

Know you're joking m8, but we'll be lucky to see a Deus Ex game after the trilogy finishes unfortunately because SE views eidos and this product as a complete failure in terms of sales. Same with Tomb Raider.

>new voice actor
dropped

Way too heavy emphasis on anti-aug sentiment and being ham-fisted in the process. Sorta ignores that most of the augs would be either rich people or army veterans.

But aside from that pretty decent though very short.

>it generated memes...
so this... is the... power of .... neo/v/

woah

I can't recall a single memorable line from the new game
Not even a
>yeah rip

What I mean is that it had some osrt of influence.
When a game generates a meme, is because it left a strong impression about something, and Mankind Divided didn't give anything like that, it was just a weak game.
It was fun, but that's it.

Eidos Montreal's entire take on augs comes across as something a college campus would produce.

The whole AUG VS NON AUG shit reeks of class warfare applied to Deus Ex. Sorry but that's what it sounds like, the oppressor vs the oppressed.

Nevermind the fact anyone can get augs, people should be able to remove augs in a sane world, and there's something they seem to ignore, which is called safety regulations for things you purchase.

>inb4 Cred Forums boogeyman
>stop discussing politics in a game that deals with political allegories and whatnot

Human Revolution 2: electric boogalo

Reporting to you live ;) from Picus.

Good gameplay and the level design was tight BUT the story was lackluster and only having the one hub really hurt it. For a game about globe spanning conspiracies it sure is weird most of it takes place in that one bit of Prague. I figured Golem would've been another hub but when I realized I was mistaken I was a bit let down.

is the series pretty much confirmed dead now?
i've heard mankind divided sold absymal

it was 5 years in production and square enix usually has crazy sales ambitions

is this the end for deus ex Cred Forums?

I will answer you when i get the crack.

>i've heard mankind divided sold absymal
You should listen less to Cred Forums.

hopefully
call me when they stop putting takedown and 3rd person cover cancer in their games, or at least they release modding tools, so someone else can do their work for them

So, what exactly did Augs do to get treated worse than niggers?

Nah, they're making at least 1 more jensen game, if 2nd sells poorly SE might scrap the 3rd

The panchea zombie chimpout.
Which was retarded in itself
>brain chip connected to your artificial eye makes you into a killing machine

Well, that one time, they all went murder-crazy and killed like 6 billion normies.

Not him but it did sell rather poorly. It's a shame desu.

>NO REAL Boss Fights until end
So what? Fuck bossfights. No, not entirely, but Deus Ex doesn't need them.

>let's put Breach in our Deus Ex in case people get bored with the main game
What next, Doom clones in Europa Universalis 5?

I enjoyed it okay but it was full of minor graphical issues and the fact that all the cool shit is being held off for the next game is upsetting.

>Nah, they're making at least 1 more jensen game, if 2nd sells poorly SE might scrap the 3rd

if they make a new one square is gonna do the same they did to sleeping dogs and make it a f2p microtransaction or multiplayer coop game see triad wars

>killswitch
Marchenko and Adam already have one

I agree. Boss fights were the worst part of Human Revolution.

The entire chimpout episode and its result is some of the most retarded shit I've seen in games for a while.
>everyone with augs becomes a crazy bloodlust filled savage
>literally millions are killed because of this
>instead of the entire civilized world turning on the augmentation themselves, demanding for justice for anyone involved with them, for governments to outlaw them for the sake of people still living, they think augs should be segregated instead for a shock effect and for muh apartheid comparison

Fuck this. Deus Ex was a grounded series, things made sense in it. Can't anyone see those nuDeus Ex games are pretty fucking retarded? There are still people using newspapers in DX's era, yet in Montreal's timeline everyone uses some tablet shit for reading the news, for example. Way to fuck everything up.

Suppose I could part with a vial of zyme, if you'll give me the LAM.

nonlethal and stealth are still the most fun while the magnum is still way overpowered. so if you liked HR you can't go wrong.

>and Adam
We have no actual proofs, which is what I'm waiting for.

>magnum
Shame the explosive rounds are gone.

>not playing as curious george in robotic human form
searching every nook and cranny then getting bored halfway through got me around a 15 hour playthrough. but I guess any game is short when you try hard enough

>newspapers surviving to the year 2052
>believable

You could have picked a better example, user.

More like they've cut down Mankind Divided, because the following Deus Ex games are in fact, another episodic meme. They're just longer episodes than those of Hitman. But it's the same design philosophy applied. You think they sat on their asses for all those years? No they've spent time carefully planning the milking of Jensen.

Are the 4 novels that are out worth a read? Is The fall worth a play?

>Can't anyone see those nuDeus Ex games are pretty fucking retarded?
HAHA DUUUDE, JUST TURN OFF UR BRAIN XDDD
IS JUST A GAEM, BROOOO
LOOK AT THOSE SICK CUTSCENES I GET WHEN PRESSING X
this is the target audience.

It didn't feel short, it tool me just as long to beat HR buy it definitely felt like someone pressured the devs to cut the game into sequels.

Yeah, It's the same thing they're doing with the Final Fantasy 7 remake.

Split the game into multiple parts in an attempt of a constant revenue stream. Final Fantasy 15's bloated development budget really fucked them up.

Never played original deus ex
should i?

I really enjoyed it, although after two playthroughs I have to agree it's a bit short. Level design is fantastic, the hub area is the best I can think of. Every aspect of the gameplay is better than it was in HR. Main story's kinda lacking and I found the soundtrack oddly forgettable, especially after HR.

There is no experience worse than playing the fall.

Watch a lets play if you're really interested.

>play HR when it came out
>loved it
>play MD
>hated it
>buy HR director's cut on Steam to see if it was just as good
>it's 10X better than a current gen game

It has surprisingly good OST.

SE was a mistake.

Black Light had a lot of action, shenanigans with Pritchard and Jensen vs. Gunther
The one that came with MD pre-order sheds some light on Vega and Juggernaut, also bit of Ivan Berk
So if you like reading I don't see why not.

The Fall's PC port is trash. You might enjoy it more on mobile, but I'd recommend

Explain newspapers in the original Deus Ex then, you fucking retard.

The point is that Montreal's series feels ten times more advanced than the original game that is supposed to be the future. Deus Ex was above all, a very grounded series, like this developer of Invisible War explains, citing the overall futuristic look of IW as one of its weak points, because DX was a game where you were climbing fire escapes and invading someone's apartment, something we can relate to.
youtube.com/watch?v=MGIdYl2oN74

I'm sure they can do more asspulls still, perhaps they have to create some "Technology Holocaust" where all tablets suddenly explode because Illuminati, I heard that's a pretty good trick. Put me in the team, Square Enix.

It was okay, though I wish they implemented body carrying and choking like in Dishonored.

Japanese Companies are the mistake.

Every single one of them are being shitbags in some way.

Western devs are too obviously.

I liked it a lot.

>short
No.

But of course, what are doing here? Go play it!

Not worth of having the Deus Ex title, shit game overall.

>How come it feels rushed if they took 5 years to make it?
Not only that.
They even pushed it back 6 months.

If we go by the Jim Sterling interview, they started on the MD sequel last year, from what I remember.

>The entire chimpout episode
The entire what...?

>they started developing the sequel to MD 1 year before the game's release
That's exactly what Ubisoft does with AssCreed, or used to do until even absolute casuals stopped buying their turds.

Stay tuned for a new Deus Ex game next year

The part at the end of the game where bitter cripple man triggers a global massacre by exploiting the newest firmware update in Augments to turn people into psychotic murdering machines.

They kind of hinted at it, but it was still mostly an ass pull.

How is making laws against augs, and segregating the people that already have augs, completely separate idea?

They were already trying to regular augs in the first game.

Oh, the great plot twist.
I loved that immensly.

it's a dollar in the humble bundle store right now I believe.

They wouldn't be just separated if every single aug out there caused millions of murders, they would be forced to take their augs out because they can't function in society as long as they're randomly timed bombs, people would be up in arms over all those murders across the globe.

Some people compared it to muslims but that's stupid because EVERY SINGLE PERSON GOING CRAZY WAS AN AUG, it's far more damaging to it, and also they're doing it for having a mechancial eye, arm, leg or dick? I'm sure people would prefer to enforce a carpet ban on augs rather than risk another massive worldwide murder event
that can happen at any moment, any doctor or shill for augs would probably be scrutinized too.

Can you picture the very same product causing MILLIONS of deaths worldwide and people still going "lol we just gotta put a separation between people who use it and us and it'll be fine", that's fucking retarded, people value their lives more than this.

Now that you mention, what the hell is up with this on the HB store:

Time is running out!
00 days 00 hours 00 mins 00 secs

And who's going to pay all the doctors to take out the augs from all the people that still have them...?

Also, did you really not understand what the "human restoration act" is?

for me it's GOTY 2016 so far

1. Deus Ex: MD
2. Dark Souls 3
3. DOOM

I've finished them all.

Finish yourself, anytime.

2 DADS

Here's an option: how about you take out your timed bomb off your body, or we can forcefully saw the rest of your arm off, no anesthetics involved because you clearly don't care about anyone around you.

We can use forks to gouge out your mechanical eyes too if you prefer it to be that way.

Signed, a furious mob who won't tolerate any more murders

i already have box version

Wait a second, this game has companions? Like in Fallout 4?
Or is it just a voice like the woman from Halo.

don't tell me deus ex is now also infected with sjw shit

I just wanted to say that HR had tons of fire escapes in Detroit. I've never been to Prague, but I have been to Budapest and I didn't see a single one.

I think the big problem is that our vision of the near future from 2016 is greatly different than the one in 2000. If anything, MD is probably more grounded (minus Jensen's crazy augs) due to the way technology is advancing currently.

>Never played original deus ex
>i already have box version

>2k16
>box version
what?

a retarded law

if you made a car that killed millions of people worldwide, you wouldn't segregate the drivers of it, but you can be sure whoever made it is fucked

Augmentations are just a commercial product, I don't remember augs being in a life or death situation, people can survive even having a lower tech arm you know, or just not having them at all.

Now you can't bring the lives of the millions murdered thanks to augmentations back, the safety of society as a whole takes precedence over your fancy new limb or eye, it's pretty logical to me.

Don't those people with augs have a family to protect too? I mean if someone nearly killed their kid in a fit of rage thanks to augs, I would guess they would gladly live with one leg less over risking killing their family because illuminati doom button.

Your boss is a homosexual
>intro tip says "he's very secretive about his private life" :^)
>nobody except supposedly for some janitor comments on Jensen going into the women's bathroom in his workplace

You've got to be under-aged if you think that is how the world would work.

>Your boss is a homosexual
And you'd only know it from Cred Forums or if you actually paid attention. It's done well enough.

Black CEO of Tai Yon medical is also done "well enough"?
>ayyyo hol' up you be saying, we wuz CEO's and shieet?

Not worth playing.

>compares being able to see and move to having a car
>compares being able to pick up a cup to having a car
You are a sheltered child whose never been injured.

Who cares about TYM.
If anything, you should be upset over the black pope.

Remember they even patched the bosses and updated a bunch of stuff around it cause they were so bad, a lot of people couldn't even finish them.

Oh yes.

I thought the CEO was that chinese lady? If not, that's proof enough they handled it well because I didn't even notice.

You've got to be retarded if you think a commercial product that caused millions of deaths around the world, the population of civilized countries would be satisfied with a simple subway separation law and "naturals only" restaurants. Yeah I can't wait to walk around and possibly be murdered because augs can always snap and then proceed to choke me to death.

Jihad attacks in Europe kill much less and they're already causing nationalist groups to band together. I think you vastly underestimate people's self preservation.

>BLACK CEO
>BLACK pilot
>BLACK love interest for jensen
>BLACK illuminati

good job eidos, very progressive

timetravel

>>BLACK pilot
Kentucky Fried Chikane is the biggest traitorous, lying piece of shit in the game. This is pretty cute, especially after Letitia, the greatest black character in vidya.
>>BLACK love interest for jensen
She's not fucking black.

>implying all arms have to be the illuminati controlled augs, and not lower technology prosthetic arms, there are already artificial hearts being made as we post
>implying people don't value their lives over someone having a fancy new arm
You're a retard who can't into logic.

Your wish to lift a cup should come after your fancy aug arm is safe enough not to put everyone you come close to in risk of death via chimpout. It's called safety regulations. It's also called "use this older technology without chimpouts because millions of murders just happened."

Augs usually aren't a choice, it's not like one day some guy decided to chop off his arm and get a mechanical one.

Also your example is retarded because guns.

It's more than just a commercial product. A lot of people with augs wouldn't survive without them, they're a better medicine for most things, people who need glasses could just get better eyes etc. And some people who were in accidents or some such that got internal damages could survive by replacing those.

So you're basically you're saying that because of science and medicine advancing and making us better (or worse, if you prefer that, can always stay broken) we should kill anyone who benefited, or was saved, by it?

>black love interest for jensen

When did Eliza become black ?

You sweet summer child, I hope you never meet a Tyrone or a Muhammad.

Cunt, she got what she deserved in that webm.

What's her ethnicity?

>augs aren't a choice
lol
Yes they are you moron. You think people without one leg can't live? Never seen someone using crutches?

Also are ALL possible prosthetic legs and arms controlled by the Chimpout Electronics S/A? Can't someone use a lower tech that doesn't come with the doom button? How about a hook hand? Are wheelchairs still safe in eidos montreal's world, or do they suddenly explode too because illuminati controls everything?

You see, those new Deus Ex worlds simply aren't believable at all, it's all too black and white. This is made worse because the original Deus Ex has a believable story, shit simply made sense in it, so the contrast in writing is enormous.

>guns
I don't remember guns being able to control people, or everyone with a gun going on a murder spree. Guns are also simple to obtain and will never be truly banned because black market. Meanwhile every chimpout attack was caused by an aug.

You sound like the most typical white girl in the world.

>Ugh, like, why don't they just stop walking? Snakes do it. I'm sure they can find jobs as greeters at Wal-mart, I hear it pays well!

>compares a hook hand to a fully functional one
>compares being able to run to crutches
You don't deserves the hands you used to type that post.

>In grim, dark, eidos montreal's future, there are wheelchairs, but no wheelchair ramps anywhere.

This goes with the "it's all or nothing" situation again. So are all possible life saving artificial contraptions only obtainable if they have a Press X to Genocide button?

Are all artificial hearts and shit controlled by Illuminati? aren't there any lower tech solutions that can still get the job done, even if the maintenance is more expensive or whatnot? This isn't because you smell bad, it's because millions of people got killed due to it. there's a certain urgency in preventing other millions of deaths when it comes to this situation.

So is it what happens in montreal's vision? You either die because there's no safer alternative, or you get whatever you need, and every time Bob Page stumbles in his office, another million or 2 are viciously killed because we have no way out? I don't know, but that sounds quite dumb, the real world is not that black and white, not even close.

>augmented people chimp out a couple days after a world wide, highly publicized firmware update which involved installing a new chip
>clearly it's the augmented people's fault
That ruined my suspension of disbelief.

>mods remove daily fema threads

Tyrones and Muhammads of the world didn't cause 2-3millions of deaths in one single event.

It's pretty obvious the Aug Freak Outâ„¢ was a far more traumatic and brutal event than even the current Jihad in Europe or black crimes in the US, together. it's simple numbers

>Are all artificial hearts and shit controlled by Illuminati?
Honestly, probably in the Deus Ex universe. The average joe doesn't have black market connections.

You sound like an Epipen defender.

kek no appointment for you

You conveniently forget those augmentations caused the murder of millions of people in the world

I like how you gloss over that fact, and pretend, "can't we all get along? so what your wife was tore apart by a guy who acted like a chimpanzee with metal arms, just get a new one!".

Yeah coldsteel, people value their families more than this.

I'm pretty sure the lives of societies all over the globe take priority over you having a fancy arm or leg. That's what the whole thing boils down to. This isn't even a "my bike exploded and killed 3 people", this is murders that you can't even picture in your mind caused by a single thing, mechanical augmentations. I think the whole freak out episode was retarded to make, but hey it's eidos montreal doing this shit.

>people at large
>being retarded
>ruined my suspension of disbelief

Lol. This is how real people would probably react

Augs are some niche thing in Deus Ex, it's literally millions and millions of people. What you are asking is equivalent to genocide.

you right

Is Aria a love interest? Shes cute as fuck

Most people still think the idea of false flag terrorism is ludicrous nonsense and willfully ignore any evidence to the contrary.
I'm sure if this happened IRL, there would be plenty of conformist idiots who would smugly laugh at the insane, tinfoil conspiracy theories.

The situation is this
>mech augs help people all over the world
>everyone with augs went crazy in this traumatic event and this caused the murder of millions of people all over the place, it's obvious augmentation itself caused this
>now we need alternatives to mechanical augs, including older, low-tech stuff that manages to be safer that augs

So what else goes on in Eidos Montreal's world? Are there safer alternatives for mech augs? Can't people go back to older technologies? If not, why? Can poor Joe just get a peacemaker, or will he also become a rabid animal on demand too? Are crutches safe?

How many people depend their lives on mechanical augs? Because the games showed mostly limbs and eyes. Are those select people who need them to survive enough to justify everyone and their moms walking around with them?

Would people be okay with a product that can suddenly murder millions AGAIN on the streets? Is that in any way shape or form logical?

You just need to make so many leaps of logic to make Eidos Montreal's writing work, it's hilarious.

>lets go back to living in caves because technology might hurt people

did you buy a lot of credits and praxis kits? :^)

That sure sounds a lot like a certain prominent character in DX.

>What you are asking is equivalent to genocide.
Do elaborate, are you implying nearly everyone would die if we removed augs from them or what? Because the games show tons of faggots with external shit such as legs and arms instead.

Also a genocide already happened, and 2-3 millions were already killed thanks to augs.

>let's put everyone's lives in danger of another aug-genocide because hey it's a fancy new arm

>Having augs that can't be remotely hacked
>living in caves

>Crutches actually are firearms or have hidden blades
>Pacemakers are in eidos' world BOMBS

>lets put millions of lives at risk using nuclear power so people can play video games and shitpost on imageboards

>Do elaborate, are you implying nearly everyone would die if we removed augs from them or what?
Yes. Livelyhood is more than having a heart or a lung, it's being able to work, earn money, eat, buy and wear clothes, have a home to live in.

>let's put everyone's lives in danger of another aug-genocide because hey it's a fancy new arm
It's more than a fancy new arm, it's the only means of survival. You can try simplify it as much as you want, but functioning eyes, arms, and legs are important. Nothing will change that.

Has nuclear power ever killed millions in a single event just as aug-induced-genocide did?

>hyperbole confuses me

Its much better to make existing technology safer than to literally go backwards

How is removing unnecessary antannae parts from a leg aug a step backwards?

Why does every aug need satellite contact with the illuminati?

Now you just need to prove shitloads of augs need an aug heart or lung, because I don't see that in the games. We do see tons of people with arms though.

you would also need to prove the augs are the only way they can live, and that there's absolutely no alternative solution to their conditions that would be safer for anyone around him, we have real artificial hearts today, did you know that?

It easily could if someone decided to hijack a nuclear power plant. Only difference is augs were targeted and nuclear power wasnt

Why didn't Jensen want to run away and start a new life with his wAIfu?

muh Janus

Its almost like the illuminati are the problem not the augments themselves

Didn't even read the post

You can keep working on something while it is outlawed to public use due to safety reasons.

Are you trying to be an edgelord or do you just lack self-awareness? Because millions of people dying in a single event with a clear reason is a pretty big deal.

Nice hypothetical situation there, the fact is that augs caused millions of people to die and to be injured in Eidos Montreal's world. I can also theorize that someone could invent a virus that kills half the population of earth, let's outlaw any research with viruses!

Thats kind of my point. Nothing is going to be outlawed because it can/has hurt people. A lot of good things can be used to kill

Just hurt people, yes.
Killed and injured millions of people? That's a pretty fucking bad situation, it's more of a catastrophe or disaster of enormous proportions. Have we ever had a technology that did such damage in a short time?

That's the problem with Montreal's writers, they have no idea on how to introduce those elements to create a dilemma with any sort of subtlety. The themes they try to touch, their approach is as subtle as a raging elephant in mating season.

Loved the gameplay, loved all the new Augs, the spirit felt very in line with HR and the gameplay was improved in many places.

The game however felt pretty short and I didn't really feel like I accomplished anything through the main story. Prague was a pretty lame setting for the most part, Golem City just felt like an afterthought, but I loved the Arctic base and things got pretty good after curfew started.

Also dislike how they left things so incredibly open-ended at the end of the main story for the obviously planned DLC.

Overall, 7.5/10 would have given it an 8 or 9 if Golem City and Prague weren't such ass for 70% of the game.

I personally thought it was a perfectly fine game.

Like I had not a lot of expectations other than it to be as good as Human Revolution, I got what I wanted.

I did feel like it was a tad bit short, with a 37-hour playtime for 2 runs, 1 lethal, 1 nonlethal with no alerts, both on "Give me Deus Ex". And the less variety on areas, I didn't like the fact that we didn't get to spend more time in Golem or that there was no Side Quests in Golem at all was slightly strange; was expecting it to have atleast one Side-Quest and act a little bit like Hengsha, especially with how much they showed it off at E3 2015(?)

The story was pretty alright, I loved how they tried to humanize those who "followed" orders like Miller.

I also liked at the very end when you're given a choice between the Delegates and fighting Marchenko that it's possible to do both if you're quick enough.

I didn't like when you had to pick between the bank and bomb-maker, I felt that the bank was completely lacking in difficulty and interesting portions if you actually knew your way around the bank from the Samizdat side-mission and had the Icarus Dash + Remote Hacking

I also hated how the Juggernaut Collective was constantly shown to be "the good guys" and shit, but personally I found them to be just the niggas who say they do shit but really do nothing.

The Desperate Measures Side-Mission was phenomenal but it was so obvious where exactly in the game it would have taken place in and that it wasn't content-made-for-pre-order but obviously cut out of the main game to be preordered for.

I wanted to get it but apparently it runs like ass on the 970 meme card and the console versions are pretty crap too. Maybe if it is good on the gaystation pro ill get it

It is like the only game the rx480 rapes nvidia

I wonder when the director's cut gets
released if they will implement the dlc seamlessly instead of how it is atm.

>Meme
>Gaystation
>Rape

You have to be older than 18 to post here.

Reminder that Scott Ross was ritgh and if you even slightly enjoyed HR you are cancer and should kill yourself.

Which one was the desperate measures side quest? I think I know what youre talking about but not exactly sure. But there were lots of elements in the game that felt like they got moved around at the last minute.

Who?

I'd be honestly pissed off about that; like they could have easily just placed it back where it belonged if you preordered.

Like I don't see why they needed to take it out and place it into the menu rather than in the game.

The one where you go into the Tarvos Security HQ and then find out who committed the Train Station bombing, it's accessed from the Main Menu in the entry titled "Jensen Stories"

>Story based DLC coming out already

How much did they chop off the game to do this shit?

Honestly the biggest problem is it suffers because of HR. If you played through HR and really delved into the story, youll be able to recognize MDs plot points and twist from a mile away. Even looking at the box art you can recognize whos going to be who and what their purpose is going to be.

Granted the game also feels like someone butchered it at the last minute.

However Id still reccomend it to anyone. Its nice to get a story where the villains motivation isnt to rule the world or blow up the moon, but instead simply expand the market control of a business and ensure its interests are kept safe

>cut content
>don't want to buy it
>find out it has Pritchard in it

Guess I got to get it now. Wouldn't surprise me if they cut out a mission about Malik as well.

I guess we can all agree the bank was the best part of the game right?

Doesn't anyone get the impression Squeenix wants Jensen to be their "Ezio"?

Except they want to make 2 more games about him, so makes it 4 total while Ubisoft only milked their guy for 3 games

Did you forget about that 6 month delay?

So thanks to y'all spamming the fuck out of FEMA threads, I have finally downloaded Deus Ex GOTY Edition from Steam....and everything is dark as fuck. Brightness settings do jack shit. Please help

>inb4 delete system 32
Just made everything purple and black in a checkered pattern.

Use kentie launcher to launch DX, set it to DirectX 10.; If that doesn't help, try OpenGL

Considering how the game is, I really do wonder what warranted a 6 month delay. The game really isn't that big.

The Sterling guy claims it was related to the Breach and microtransactions. I can certainly believe that.
Either way, my point is that the content team would've worked on the dlc during those 6 months.

It was ok.
Not amazing, but ok.

Still miles better than any other AAA game lately.

I played it on PC, it runs perfectly and even has pretty graphics.
What problem are you speaking of? The fact that you can't run it on Very High with a 5 year old card?

The last boss fight is the only one I disliked.
I play like nonlethal ghost, I couldn't do that for the last one. Either you kill him with the special password or you fight him and take him down non-lethally.

Generic
Boring
Hints of social pandering

Summery: Shit.

I really liked it, although I was kind of dissapointed my GTX1070 was struggling with running this game on ultra settings at 1080p.

All the complaints that I've seen say that the game is short and forgettable...
What the fuck did they spend FIVE YEARS making then?

Thief
Mds seasons pass and sequel.

Go to PCGW and look up fixes and settings
You need Deus Exe and Kentie's DX10 launcher
And you might want HDTP and New Vision for graphics
Don't use any gameplay mods

Thief was handled by a different team though