Will it be good?

Will it be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/67972-run-the-jewels-are-playable-characters-in-gears-of-war-4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

While I'm not really a fan of the series, and wont be picking it up at launch I do expect it will be good. I imagine classic fans will probably find something to hate, kind of like Halo [which has certainly changed after 3/ODST]. As long as it's a good game, and not too different it should be fine. I mean at least it's not as drastically different as that new God of War, which isn't even looking like the same genre [not shitting on anyone who is looking forward to it].

If that first trailer with them running and hiding in the woods has anything to do with the overall tone and they go full horror/survival, I'm interested.

how did that gun get passed health and safety with the grip so close to the chainsaw

Did any of the trailers reflect the general tone? I don't think they did in the slightest and I see no reason for this one to be any different.

its got my favorite group in it so yea

The beta was pretty good so at least muli will be fine, digging the gun game mode they showed as PAX too.

Its not survival horror, its just scaling back to how the first game wasn't DUDE WE'RE AT WAR. More mystery and I guess litehorror, less michael bay. not that I thought 2 and 3's campaign were bad, but the first game did have the best atmosphere

It really bothers me that Microsoft set up 343i and Coalition specifically to make Halo and Gears games. And you know Turn 10 will only make Forza games from now on. It's like Infinity Ward, Treyarch, and Sledgehammer (plus Raven and friends) only making CoD games now, too. I wish we could see something different from these developers.

And the most damning thing about all those studios and their respective series is that the leads, for the most part, have all moved on from the properties. Jason Jones from Halo, Cliffyb from Gears, the entire IW team moving and making Respawn. It's so assbackwards how companies still apply the assembly line mentality to vidya.

>Cliffyb from Gears
Gears still has Rod though. I always saw him as the real man in charge. Cliff was just a pretty face.

Well there was that time People Can Fly made Gears...

But Halo Wars 2 is coming soon and you better hope its popular because this time there isnt a month-early map pack to help those sales and if it fails its back to mobile twinstick Spartan Shit shooters

>Halo Wars 2
Did Ensemble reform as another company after HW1? Seems to me they up and vanished after closing their doors

Multiplayer beta was promising. Only complaints are maps were a bit shite and the fucking NEW LANCER WITH AN ACTUAL STOCK wasn't in it, and new multiplayer footage still doesn't have it for whatever reason. Might not be in at all. Maybe because it's big and covers up .1% more of the screen when it's on your back and profags can't have that. Also worried about the packs you earn and what comes in them. If you get Judgment-tier character skins (fucking cancer like making your entire character rainbow or shit like that) I'm gonna be a bit peeved. Hate seeing that shit all the time. The "vintage" skins they have for everyone aren't nearly on the same level of shite as Judgment skins, but they're still pretty mediocre. Also, fucking Splash Damage. They did good with this beta but you can't just forget Brink. I can only hope any bad decisions they're making are heavily regulated by the Coalition.

They're dead. Creative Assembly is making it. And doing a much better job at designs than 343, the game actually looks like Halo for once

meme rap

>ZOMBIE DOM
>LOCUST EXO POWER SUITS THAT HAVE CANNONS ON THEIR FIST
>OMNIC CRISIS
>OLD MAN MARCUS
>WHO THE FUCK IS SUPPLYING THE LOCUST HORDE
>WHAT DOES THE ENGINEER DO, IF EVERY ONE CAN BUILD FORTIFICATIONS

ARE YOU NIGGERS EVEN TRYING?

Maybe the blades won't move unless your off hand is placing pressure in the top iof the gun and it probably has some kind of safety to detect whether it's your hand or someone else's.

>OLD MAN MARCUS
If Dimaggio has to play Marcus for another game after this, I'm 99% sure he's going to lose his voice forever. Apparently that character is fucking hell on his vocal cords.

I have a feeling Halo Wars 2 won't sell well, but I hope Creative Assembly does a good job.

Its on PC this time, literally no excuse not to sell the same amount as its predecessor

>b-but W10
not an argument

Is there even a remote chance that sales could drive a port of 1? The story in 1 is actually pretty decent, but playing with a 360 controller was fucked

There is, actually, a remastered version of the first game coming with Halo Wars 2 but its locked behind the 80 dollar version that includes season pass and other shit.

Hopefully they dont make the same mistake as Infinite Warfare and offer it as a standalone

FUCK. Might be worth it, depending on how 2 reviews.

>W10
Anyone who really gives a shit about their """""privacy""""" would stay the fuck off the internet, Windows 10 probably doesn't do much more than smartphones and other laptops, and even if they do, who fucking cares? No one cares about what shit you masterbate to.

But on the other hand, I know W10 does cause a lot of incompatibility with older games. If Microsoft is willing to go Xbone and PC with their games from now on, why limit your PC fans to just W10? So fucking stupid.

source?

I want more of the tone from the original game, that factory and tank section were spooky as fuck

god, I wish marcus took a backseat

>gears 1 was 10 years ago

literally getting too old for this shit

they're in the game itself

actually, since its w10, its not gonna sell, restricting a game to a single OS is NEVER a good idea, I like games on pc too but come on now, if you actually installed w10 you're the worst goy there is

pitchfork.com/news/67972-run-the-jewels-are-playable-characters-in-gears-of-war-4/

i forgot the link fuck

It'll sell well, larger userbase from more platforms and the audience reactions to it were pretty damn good for an RTS game

protip: go to Cred Forums and ask before talking out of your ass

>restricting a game to a single OS is NEVER a good idea
and MS' solution to this hurdle is to 'accidentally' force Win7 and 8 to update to 10. Brilliant, really.

Will this just work or do I have to install some kind of spyware like Steam, Uplay, Origin and then setup an account and all that shit?

>playing RTS
>on console
>even though its designed around a controller
>at 30fps

Ill take my chances

>hip hop group

jesus fucking christ

You need to buy it off the really shitty W10 store and then launch it from there or the xbox app. If you dont have a gamertag from your 360 days or even one you use for GFWL with dark souls or bioshock 2 then you'll need to make one

BFME2 was good with a controller, at least, so its definitely possible.

Well I still have an old Xbox360 gamertag, but do I actually need Windows 10 to play this thing?

yes

welcome to the new age

I love this series to death, and it's the only game in the world that I can play with my 55 year old dad.

That said, £50 for the pc version is taking the piss.

Yes. And the hardware for it

GG, Microsoft, I guess I didn't have to play it after all.

lmao are they taking the piss

>tfw 3450
How fucked am I?

>not wanting to be a fat black man running around with a bernie shirt

Is this one of the titles that's supposed to have crossplay with the xbone?