What is the most criminally underrated game of all time?

What is the most criminally underrated game of all time?

Pic related is my nominee

>underrated game
>game
>Alpha Protocol
No. The gameplay part is dogshit.

>T. Guy who played the game at release not even making it past the first level

I fucking love Alpha Protocol but it's not really underrated, the combat is absolute ass and broken as fuck. At high level stealth the invisibility skill + stealth takedown combo is so overpowered it's insane.

>broken, unplayable mess

It's remembered as good ideas with pisspoor execution, which is exactly what it is.

Dark Cloud 2 gets my vote. Popular enough on Cred Forums, but every place else it is like people don't know it exists.

Alpha Protocol is great, but it has a lot of busted features. I replayed it again pretty recently and it had been a long time since my last play, and I breezed right through it.\

Excellent story and characters though, choices that actually have consequences are nice. Would love to see it get a proper sequel.

The game is shit. hacking game is dumb, dialog wheel is fucking awful, stealth is bad, shooting is bad. The game is a complete disaster.

My first game on the 360, it's been some years since i played it so please remind me if it's actually trash.

Should've just been a VN. Dialogues and choice-making were the only good things about it.

It's story was well executed.

Real Bout Fatal Fury Special.

the story and writing in this one isn't even good to make up for the obsidian levels of shitty gameplay
>muh branching paths
lel the game had two endings with minor variations. that's almost mass effect tier.

Bioshock 2, at least with players. big name critics not so much.

Styx: Master of Shadows

Arcanum is unknown outside of RPGCodex and /tg/

soldier playstyle is just as if not more efficient. this is a well balanced game, the only skill that i would say is underpowered would have to be Shotguns.

DmC: Devil May Cry

>TPS garbage
>broken skill tree
>even after patches any melee near a wall will clip you through it forcing you to reload
Story is great though, shame about the rest.

Nah OP
That game deserves its reputation. The writing is stellar but the gameplay is hot garbage

How are we defining under rated?

Is it that it got worst reviews than it deserved?
Is it that it sold less than it deserved?

Because its shit

take that back fucker

I'd rather play game for it's gameplay.

The Punisher (2005)

Yakuza series in the west

>On the series’ growing appeal among Western fans, Nagoshi said, “We get more and more comments from players overseas, and we do listen to them. In the West we have about 100,000 players, which compared to the players we have in Japan is a very small number
That's why I want it to come to more platforms, at least PC.

Damnation

I liked it.

This will never be ported to pc/next gen, it will disapear and that is criminal.

Yakuza as a whole.

Terra Nova Strike Force Centauri

Not really

Locally underrated, without wanting to make a pun here, it's big in Japan.

As for making a choice, it's hard, most of the games I can think of that are very good but niche are deservedly so.

The original, too, but less so.
>No faggy audio logs.
>No faggy documents to pick up.
>No faggy collectibles at all.
>Visceral gunplay.
>Every level ramps up the intensity.
>Unreal body count.
>Only game where accidentally popping a civilian in the head doesn't feel out of character.

Apologize.

That's actually a very good choice. Looking Glass Studio's undeservedly overlooked gem of a game.

I really loved the presentation and what it was trying to do - it's refreshing to show killers as monstrous fuck ups and not anti-heroes of sorts. I just never really managed to enjoy the gameplay.

Too bad. Definitely worth a check though.

Loved this game. Wish I had a chance to try the online before it went dead.

The visuals and level of detail in the game are pretty cool, the gameplay's is pretty generic though.

Not really. It has it's problems. Honestly if you gave this game an updated overhaul with MGSV controls it would be god tier. Honestly the controls hindered the game from being amazing.

are mah nigga.

I agree. It's one of the best games of all time.

Other:
Mirrors Edge
Crysis 1
Deadly Premonition

So an Obsidian game?

The gameplay kills it

it's rated fairly ie it's shit

Jade Empire

I'm glad Bioware will never remember it because they'd fuck it up.

How? The gameplay's fucking awesome.

I don't get it. You must not like action games.

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead

I don't know, my interest dropped after it was announced as cancelled twice, only to be picked up from the dead and turned into this.

I liked it better when it was a scary scifi stealth game set in space.

It's a bad Metal Gear game, but it's a great game on its own, and I myself consider it to be the absolute best handheld game ever.

Those that didn't play it on PSP can't possibly understand.

>tfw no Yakuza steam release
Come on Sega

>bad Metal Gear

I agree it's worse than TPP and GZ, only reason I sat through that shit in PW was for Miller.

Miller is the hero of that "trilogy" imo.

Wow, someone besides me played this game.
The JRPG boss was funny as fuck, shame about the gameplay.

>at release

Have they released patches? I replayed it like 3 times but I was always under the impression that they abandoned it immediatly.

Not him but I made it until Rome's boss before dropping it (And I already completed Taipei beforehand).

Alpha Protocol story, characters and dialogue system is good but the gameplay is shit.