That kid who thought mario 3 was better than mario 2

>that kid who thought mario 3 was better than mario 2

I don't know where the sentiment comes from

>That contrarian who thinks SMB2 is better than 3.

>that kid who thought he'll bait Cred Forums with this

SMB2 is probably one of the most underrated game in the original trilogy if not the entire series.

I don't think anyone has anything really bad to say about it, but nobody gives it the credit it deserves. The grab and go mechanics work well and are pretty satisfying. They really shine in the boss fights. Top that off with 4 playable characters with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Not only that, but there's tons of verticality to the levels as well as split paths and optional areas. These alone are leagues above anything SMB3 had in terms of level design. All of SMB3s levels are stupidly short.

Also, I think it goes without saying that SMB2 has THE greatest ground theme of any of the original trilogy.

Those games are like 20 years old. Like, who cares dawg?

Your passionate and well articulated reasoning has inspired me to start memeing that SMB2 is the best one.

but it's not smb2 that's good. it's doki doki panic

Wrong again. SMB2 was originally a Mario game that was meant to have a focus on vertical platforming and actually have co-op. It was scrapped and re-skinned as Doki Doki Panic.

the vertical elements suck so they went back to mario 1 style for 3

All of them?

It's sad that the original SMB2 never step outside of japan because of difficulty.

I can't wait for 10 years to pass so we can say it was the other way again. That it was originally a different game, then a mario game, then the other game, then a mario game.

SMB3 levels fall under 3 categories

1. Blink and you'll miss it
2. 5 second level artificially lengthened via auto scroll
3. Door maze

Excellent level design

I remember seeing bullshit articles that the Poison Mushroom was one of the reason this game wasn't release outside japan.

This was one of the first images I remember saving from the internet in like 2003

And the fact that it's too much of a rehash of the original game.

It's actually a mario movie they made into a game.

You made me nostalgia about SMB3
>Staying at grandparent's house for a weekend
>Play through SMB3 because Granny had a NES and I had no consoles save a GBC
>Tendies and cookies.
>tfw things will never go back to the way they were and memories of better times are painful.

> All of them

/thread

>those kids who thought smw and smb3 were as good as smb
Casuals the lot of them

That is improper use of greentext. Please delete this post.

Now