post specs

post specs

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ASUS-Z170-A-ATX-DDR4-Motherboards/dp/B012NH05UW
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012D7G74K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474224475&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=asrock z170&dpPl=1&dpID=51RMPO68cLL&ref=plSrch
asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170-A/
asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z170 Pro4S/index.us.asp
support.amd.com/en-us/download
pcpartpicker.com/list/DBDPFd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

too lazy to download speccy so I'll just list it her

• CPU: AMD A6-6400K APU @ 3.9 GHz
• RAM: 8.00 GB
• Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT730

r8

rate
what should i change?

pretty much everything

>AMD
>4gb Single Channel
>onboard gpu
>No SSD
>4 Virtual Drives
>razer audio

just throw it all out and try again.

>Gigabyte
>i3
>3GB GPU in CURRENT YEAR

>mac

oh really, what gave it away, detective?

save me pls

>only played 3 games in the last 5 months

At least I'm putting my system to use by browsing Cred Forums right?

It's time to build a new computer.

Been dealing with this POS for 4 years, feels good to have just ordered the parts for a new one

your mom

Feel no need to upgrade honestly

What voltage you running?

nice meme GPU

Thanks, it works great

>buys a 1080 for 1080p gaming

what the point.

>he fell for the SLI meme

On a scale from 1 to 20, how bad is this? It's 5 years old

>nearly 5ghz
>1.46v

wew lad what are your temps? Is that a daily driver setting or showing off?

I wasn't good when it launched

I do not know what's good, senpaitachi.

Need to swap out the 3TB drive before it explodes because lol Seagate

>FX

into the fucking trash it goes.

hello

>Gayming motherboard

1.325v right now. RAM is at 2666MHz, not sure why it didn't show up.

>Dealing with AMD drivers
Enjoy your shitty investments.

>litteraly half the price of nvidia equivalent performance
>new drivers releases are ever increasing the cards performance
>meanwhile nvidia does the opposite
keep jewing, m8

Daily all day. that's why I'm having a hard time letting her go and upgrading

Say what you want but they're generally good quality. I built a client's PC with that mobo and it's great

Find me a Z class motherboard that doesn't have gaming in some part of its marketing

Yes

>arrandale wow I had the 1.8 for a while, but this is shit even in 5 years ago standards.

amazon.com/ASUS-Z170-A-ATX-DDR4-Motherboards/dp/B012NH05UW that didn't take long

Please Judge
Also anyone ever have crashes while updating amd drivers? Im trying to go to the latest version but i get blue screened each time.

forgot to attach pic when i go into oc testing.

generic/10

>"Intel I219-V Gigabit Ethernet with TurboLAN for no-lag gameplay."

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012D7G74K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474224475&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=asrock z170&dpPl=1&dpID=51RMPO68cLL&ref=plSrch

asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170-A/

>Game with Confidence
>Games run swiftly and smoothly with high performance, prioritized bandwidth and vivid sound.
>Game faster, rank higher
>Flawless audio that
makes you part of the game
>This significantly reduces the processor's workload, so there's more power for your game and your gameplay!

?

Im low on money,
Should I really bother buying the 1070 or just stick with the solid 1060?
Is it a big deficit?
Largely noticable?

>60hz

asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z170 Pro4S/index.us.asp

>The power phase design offers smooth power delivery to the CPU, unmatched overclocking capabilities, lower temperature for advanced gaymers

depends on what monitor you running if your just running 1080p @60 just stick with the 1060 and work on upgrading your monitor.

>those AIDS sores

Ewwwwww.

GOD DAMN
You win.

>supports Windows 10

I have a 144 monitor

pure shit plz upgrade to Skylake + Pascal

>shilling for free

Is my CPU a bottleneck?

Well, that GPU is shit so it doesn't matter. Get a 1080 and upgrade that CPU and motherboard.

>buying a whole new processor and motherboard when this still allows me to play games on ultra at 1080p above 60FPS

why

I envy people who can play modern games at 1080p.

no we both lose because you can't look for computer parts without feeling like a 12yo

Better driver support.

somebodys busy

Poorfags get destroyed

I love having no meaning in my life other than Vidya

that monitor is actually 165hz, the GPU 8gb

can you beat my old Radeon 9000pro?

evil commando, you can't beat evil commando.

how fucking high are you?

>ASSRock

what about cyborg ratman

Who the fuck names these motherboards?

>freud was right

ok fuck you, you didn't need to bring the big guns this soon into the fight

but you have a big future

Sorry but you overpaid for your motherboard, you got an unlocked mobo with a locked processor. A lot of people make this error.

The same sort of people who think this kind of shit looks good.

Any 4k bros around? Got one for around 500 bucks, and I couldn't be happier with it.

>he fell for the 4k meme

wew

Hungry Chinese kids.

so many expensive parts and it still makes PNGs look like shit

all of this expensive hardware, yet still not capable of making a clear screenshot

bitch, u even meme?

>buying a motherboard from any company that doesn't specialize in motherboards

have fun praying your parts don't short on you and feeling like a faggot when they do.

r8

will this have any negative affect on my pc, performance wise?

I think I'm good for a while

Not at all, it's just that unlocked hardware typically costs more than locked hardware so I hate to see when it's going unused. If you got it on sale or something then it's not a big deal though.

You can say whatever you want, i fucking love this card.
Haven't let me down yet

>AMD

That GPU will explode any day now.

Okay cool. I got this motherboard because the one i ordered wasnt in stock so I got this one that was on sale.
I only regret this GPU since its giving me problems right now

>8K screen
Nice, maybe an older 980-TI SLI ri-
>Titan X

Your GPU will be bricked by Novideo's drivers any day now.

what should i fix?

Atleast I have drivers.

time for new build or wait?

>4K screen
>R9 200
WHY

h81m-h gigabyte mATX
intel pentium g3258 OCd 4.7ghz (max temp 70c)
nvidia gtx 660
crucial ballistix 2x4gb 1866 ram(limited to 1333 by cpu)
evga 500w bronze 80 plus psu
3tb hdd

im thinking my biggest thing to upgrade right now is graphics card
then cpu

I love my g3258, but fuck games that require 4 cores, im totally fucked.

I was thinking of getting a 980 on the evga b-stock website, and trying to find a 4670k somewhere used that isnt ebay

just upgraded from a 780ti that finally died

Was using a tv before I got that monitor. I knew that at one point I was going to get a 1440p monitor so I figured I'd get it now and not have to worry about it later.

I can run all my games just fine at 1440p and I'm planning on upgrading my mobo, cpu and gpu soon anyway.

support.amd.com/en-us/download

Built this budget rig from craigslist parts with a budget of 90 bucks
A friend game me the 770

I really really need to get a new CPU, this one runs super hot even when idling and gets to like 85 when Im overclocking and in game, and I HAVE to overclock to not stutter horribly on newer games like Dark Souls 3

But its my first build so Im happy with spending 90 bucks only.

Any reccomendations/advice?

Throw it out and save at least $1200 to build a better one.

get an aftermarket cooler for $30 and then overclock
youre temps should be better, especially if you redo the thermal paste

cpu's killing you

and dont I know it
believe it or not I slapped an cooler master hyper 212 evo on that with good thermal paste and it still gets to hell-like temps.
I think its honestly a bunk CPU, it came with the 30 dollar MOBO off craigslist so I wouldnt be surprised at all if somethings very wrong with it.

advice?

CPU running on 4.6 right now.

WIth all that expensive hardware I'm surprised you cheaped out on RAM. CPU supports 1600, and you could probably go higher with overclocking.

>RAID 0
Isn't this obsolete thanks to SSDs?

I'm not that well versed in computer parts. Got monitor + tower for $100 at a garage sale. How did I do?

It's an SSD raid 0

ASRock are the seagate of MB makers.

why is your MOBO on fire

feel free to r8/h8

r8 please

>I can run all my games just fine at 1440p
>on a 200 serise
I call bullshit
Even if it is a 290 the 390 is still way better and even that card has a hard time pulling 60FPS with everything crancked on newer games

I'm late. Please rate.
Transferring GPU to
pcpartpicker.com/list/DBDPFd

overkill for 1080p, otherwise pretty nice

The hell is with that font rendering?

\

>this is what people said about 970

970 is just right for 1080p. The 1070 is a more efficient 980 Ti, so it's perfect for 1440p.

r8 my rig m8s

Nah, the 970 could barely do 1440p, a 1070 gets like 80fps at 1440p

970 is already falling behind even at 1080p

source: 970 owner

>80fps at 1440p
yes because every graphical task is the same, and any application/game is sure to run at exactly 80 fps

No it's not

source: 970 owner

You guys can file claims for your house fires.

I obviously meant the average

then explain me why new games won't run 60@1080 maxed/near maxed with 970

Upgrading to a 6600k and a 1080 with 3 X 1080p monitors later this year.

Like what? Most people use the new Deus Ex game at ridiculous settings which brings any card to it's knees

Already did senpai

New games are more graphically demanding.

because devs sucks ass these days.

Witcher 3 (hairworks off) comes first to mind but I guess it's an "exception". But then there's shit like F1 2016 which has fps drops when maxed out.

Yes? The point is that when 970 came out people were saying that it will be enough for 1080 gaming for years to come.

It was so wonderful until this year. Just played For Honor, getting 30-40 FPS with everything turned to lowest and all flourishes turned off, even AA. I wish I could afford to upgrade.

And it is, for 1080p on medium/high with motion blur and AA off.

A slightly overclocked 970 has no problems with Witcher 3 minus Hairworks
I know because I'm currently working through Blood and Wine with no problems hitting 60fps

Haven't heard about F1 performance

>Consoles are holding back graphics!
>What, how dare games get more graphically demanding over time! I should be able to use the same graphics card for 7 years just like a console!

Should I upgrade the CPU or the GPU next?

There's a difference between demanding games and shit unoptimized ports which is what we've been seeing

Might as well start with a whole new system, that was shit when you built it

New GPU and 4gb of ram. Wait to see what happens with amd's new CPU's and then upgrade that.

Look at all these SHITTY casual computers

You fucking SCRUBS need to get on my level of AWESOMENESS,

or are you too poor to afford my godly setup?

Except the minimu targets aren't actually getting much higher. 660Ti/750Ti is used as the minimum spec for every AAA game for like 3 years. Even Deus Ex is ok at the lower end, you can hit slightly above PS4 settings with a 950. Granted that's ythina bit higher than I'd like but it's not awful or ang. The only thing that's getting harder are the ultra settings, since game devs don't really bother optimizing ultra specs and use them to "furtureproof" the game. The only recent AAA game that was blatantly unoptimized would be Quantum Break, which my GTX 980 struggles to run at 1080p/60 on medium settings. If you have anything less than a 970 you shouldn't even buy the game.

GPU, Intel CPU's last a while if you OC them.

>Tfw being away from my gaymen PC all weekend
Suffering

ha ha fire memes

I don't get much descriptive help on Cred Forums so I am hoping someone here had some input.

My gtx 1070 crashes on any drivers I have tried. Some last longer gaming than others, and it seems like they each crash in different ways, but it always happens. Without the GPU in my system has no problems: RAM, CPU, motherboard, nothing. This leads me to believe the GPU is bad yes? I already sent it in for a replacement.

I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, doing it with a clean install, using DDU, using old and new drivers, nothing worked. And once it crashed I could not even boot into safe mode or get to the windows login unless I unplugged the GPU and plugged my monitor into my motherboard and uninstalled the old drivers. I even attempted underclocking the card but to no benefit. Did I make the right choice sending it in or was there something else I should have tried?

by unplugging my GPU I meant to say I had to take my GPU out of my motherboard or every single time I tried to boot I would get stuck at a black screen.

Reinstall your OS if you haven't already. If that doesn't fix it, maybe a bad card

CPU: i5 3570k 4ghz
RAM: 8GB
MOBO: ASUS miniITX
CASE: Core v1
MONITOR: 1080p 32inch soniq TV
GPU: Nvigger 970
OS: Win10 pro anniversary with shutup10 and other tweaks/fixes
SSD: Samsung Evo 240GB

I don't do many AAA games but the ones I do and everything under AAA I get maxed out (textures) 1080p @60fps.

Is it really heavy? It might be sagging too much and not fully connected with the PCI-e slot. I had this problem with my aftermarket 980, it would work until I installed the drivers, then crash. I got a piece of plastic to hold the card up and it worked.

Meant to respond to

I only buy cases that allow the mobo to sit horizontally.

Yeah I have the MSI 1070 and it is pretty fucking beefy. Honestly I did not try this but I did everything I could to make sure it was seated properly.

>Is it really heavy? It might be sagging too much

Sounds like you're talking about my nuts.

At least it runs GTAV really good.

this made me laugh harder than it should of