Determined Dan

How do we make serious sam 4 to be actually fun?

>give the shotgun and revolver huge buffs
>trash all the modern shit guns in ss3
>better ai for enemies, give them multiple attacks like the hell knight looking things from ss3
>destructable environment, exploding barrels lying around and such
>head popping and actual good gore

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/serioussaturdayswithv
youtube.com/watch?v=UPbJhuAqDzk
youtube.com/watch?v=swotKhlIlZA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>more vertical gameplay
>more original, hand made assets instead of photo textures and photogrammetry objects
>SSDD mechanics like different weapon types and corpse-stapling

vr

>>trash all the modern shit guns in ss3
Fuck you. Modern guns are cool.
>>better ai for enemies
Eh, as long as they don't get stuck in walls it's okay.
>>exploding barrels
Fuck that cancer, it's the opposite of what SS should be about.

>Fuck you. Modern guns are cool.

theyre boring tacticool is shit, i would rather want a fictional tripple barrel shotgun or something

Make all weapons possible to be dual-wielded.
It adds more dakka, more dakka means more firepower, and more firepower means more fun.

Increase playercap on Co-op to 20 and make the intensity and quantity of waves related to the amount of present players.

>theyre boring
You're boring.
>a fictional tripple barrel shotgun
Triple barrel shotguns are not fictional.

No matter what, croteam is a bro company and has never done us wrong.

Dual-wielding is meme trash. Make a gun powerful on its own, or don't even bother.

People actually play this game with other people?

>no hitscan enemies
>actual level design

Bam.

Levels with actual level design are consistently the worst parts of Sam games. Sam is NOT about level design nor is it supposed to be.

It's about wave placement and composition, really.

Serious sam VR exists, it was revealed in E3

>no hitscan enemies
Croteam at least fixed that with Jewel of the Nile.

Maybe I should've specified: GOOD level design. I figured it was implicit.

That is again not what Sam games are about at their best. Just make some visually distinct arenas and get creative with the placement and enemy design.

>muh hitscan
There have been hitscan enemies since the first encounter. Hitscan enemies can be an effective tool when used right.

>dual
>not stackers

i hope you are not serious kid.

There's only so many times you can face the same enemies on largely similar square arenas without it getting old.

TFE/TSE managed it juuust fine.

>Levels with actual level design are consistently the worst parts of Sam games. Sam is NOT about level design nor is it supposed to be.
Those are all a part of level design. Not every game has to be or should be Doom or Quake.

The most common complaint is "Sam doesn't have level design", so I just went by that.

>Not every game has to be or should be Doom or Quake.
You seem to be getting it.

>How do we make serious sam 4 to be actually fun?
just make the damn game and make it like the first one

And it was just about enough of that. Square arenas are the laziest fucking cop out and the novelty of it has already worn out.

There's no "novelty" about it. It. Just. Works. (They don't have to be all square, though.)

Make circular arenas then.

They hired that incompetent brony/furfag developing Revolutions. Votekick is a dev-only feature because "Some people don't like being votekicked".

They put this dipshit on their payroll.

>Serious Sam Double D
>Serious Sam DD
>Serious Sam 2D

>buff the shotgun

literally git gud

Also SS needs tougher/smarter enemies in the mix to spice things up.

Make the guns actually feel good to shoot, give enemies more animations, make all guns more useful

> most of their stuff before SS was meh to shit
> made humble bundle years ago specifically for getting extra-funds for SS4
> Talos Principle came out of it instead (not that I'm complaining)
> still not a single sign of SS4 after years outside of "we are working hard on it!" comments by the devs
> meanwhile we get videos and images of some SS VR game and a fucking open-world survival game instead

I think they should make it metroidvania style.

>enemy is a bullet sponge
>player is a bullet sponge
Good game.

>Make the guns actually feel good to shoot
They already did it in 3.

>player takes 2 hits and is down to 36 HP
>bullet sponge
good retard logic

bump

I've only ever played the sam games with a group of friends. We use the mode where you get 3 lives and get more if you get enough points. It's fun.

Just do what serious sam the next encounter did (the gc one).

Ss2's good parts also.

>he didn't join the Cred Forums group that played Serious Sam every fucking weekend

1) Don't add new shitty enemies like SS3. Apart from the Khnum and maybe the Scrapjack, everything else ranged from eh to shit

2) Bring back the color in the weapons. Apart from the Rocket Launcher, everything else was black, pretty disappointing after SS2, which had some of the best weapons in the series

3) Make it a globe trotting adventure, like The Second Encounter, but balance the levels better. I swear Babylon dragged on for way too long.

5) Bring back the Sniper Rifle and Lasergun as regular weapons (or just replace the Sniper with a Railgun). The flamethrower would also be welcome.

6) Secondary fire modes.

7) More metal music (preferably Undercode)

8) More worthwhile secrets.

Post yfw CLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOP

Reminder to join the not dead group, for some serious action on saturday nights.

>Bring back the Sniper Rifle
Devastator is better in every way.
>Lasergun
It was always a discount minigun. It's a boring weapon as it is.

There probably won't be modern guns this time. Weren't those and the hitscan zombies there because they made the first few levels out of a modern military shooter they canned?

"Modern" ""military"" shooter
I'm pretty sure they were trying to get a bid to develop a DOOM game, since several of the enemies are the same.

>Devastator is better in every way.
Overpowered, breaks the balance.

>It's a boring weapon as it is.
I'll take it over the boring modern military assault rifle in SS3 any day of the week.

>Overpowered, breaks the balance.
It's not much more OP than fucking sniper rifle (it does not one-shot bulls, for one) and it's more fun to use and a more distinct weapon. It's a top tier gun only a step below cannon. It's pretty easy to limit it by limiting ammo, anyway.

>rifle
Actually had distinct mechanics and power level.

Replace lasergun with tesla cannon from Blood and give us a nice shotgun with wooden grips and stock. Make the double barreled shotgun a sawn off as a balance between regular shotgun with tight spread and the double barreled.

I got this shit.

Man I love the feeling of darting between kleer like a rodeo clown blowing them to hell with my double barreled shotty.

Almost nothing was actually reused from T.E.O.R. and the zombies (along with the Scrapjack, the Khnum, the Canned Cain model and some more) apparently came from a proposal by Croteam to id for a new Doom game.

They only thing they did wrong was hiring Scratch, some Yuro pony/furfag to develop revolutions, which is literally him just recoding the entire game for reasons. He also doesn't want to enable votekicking because people will get their feelings hurt. Besides being a faggot, he's so incompetent that Croteam literally released the source code.

SS3 is already fun though.

>dual-wield
No, sam should find a pair of exoskeleton arms that allow him to quadruple-wield

it drains ammo faster and obscures your vision so it's not strictly better

also replace the hammer from 3 with a rocket-hammer that has a normal melee attack requiring no fuel, a rocket-powered melee attack draining fuel, and a move where you just hold the hammer in front of you while it blasts off at full speed, letting you move at 300 MPH while draining your fuel like crazy and gibbing all enemies you pass through

Well that makes it a little bit less excusable then.

Have Sam join the EDF.

I can't tell if you're making fun of stupid proposals or making one yourself.

Keep in mind that they were also in a pretty shitty financial situation at that time after the cancellation of that military game and nearly had to close doors in 2008.

>Actually had distinct mechanics and power level.
Too bad it looks generic as hell and needs to be reloaded

keep the sledgehammer

Literally nothing wrong with reloading, makes it all the more distinct from the minigun, which is the real mighty no-reload deal.

And it looks way better than the sci-fi abortion of a Tommygun we had before.

I'm genuinely making them myself

how are they stupid

But he already is a member of them.

So is Revolutions shit? I wanted to play the originals since the HD versions dont work on a toaster but the GOG versions have fucked up FOV.

I thought the Cred Forums group had like 600 members or something

Is this the old one from like 6 years ago?

The rocket hammer thing would be just a wee bit silly considering it would very quickly turn into "memorize when the kamikaze's spawn in the waves so you don't kill youself."

Also it kinda defeats the whole purpose of waves if you just have a free "clear this shit now tool"

as is Douk

>Literally nothing wrong with reloading

There's plenty wrong with reloading.
Serious Sam is supposed to be oldschool.
Iron sights and reloading (unless it's the DBS) is NOT oldschool

It wouldn't have a big hitbox and would be very expensive and have a low turn rate. Though you're probably right, it should make a big AoE slam when you stop moving or something instead. Would be used for rapid repositioning at a price more than a giant rape train

>Serious Sam is supposed to be oldschool.
Oldschool is a stupid meme. Sam is a horde shooter, oldschool games weren't horde shooters in a way it is. Douk has reloading on the pistol.

Sam is supposed to be Sam. Big guns, big hordes, John J. Dick. Everything else is negotiable.

I agree, smashing fuckers with the sledge was so satisfying.

>Serious Sam is supposed to be oldschool.
Serious sam is it's own game not some fucking doom ripoff

reloading is fine in sam, it let enemies build up some pressure against you

POST SERIOUS OST

youtube.com/watch?v=UPbJhuAqDzk

>Douk has reloading on the pistol
Yeah it sucked ass because there was no indication of how many bullets you had left in your magazine and you couldn't manually reload your pistol.

Well you can in Sam. See, some things can be upgraded!

The pistol/revolvers in Sam is also really weak and has infinite ammo, it's not really the same thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=swotKhlIlZA

Unreal had reloading for the pistol, System Shock had reloading for weapons back in '94 but that game is an outlier.

Deagle actually isn't all that weak, it shoots faster than revolvers (thank God!) and 10 rounds is a pretty decent limiter. It also reloads faster than double revolvers. Really, a big improvement.

Though the main reason for having reloads in an FPS is cool reload animation. Croteam still have some work to do here.

>Unreal had reloading for the pistol
Right, the Automag one.

Also Unreal had an audio cue on the automag when you were running low on ammo which was neat.

>Austere Al
>Bound bill
>Contemplative Carl
>Determined Dan
>Earnest Earl
>Funereal Finn
>Genuine Gus
>Honest Herb
>Long-faced Lain
>Meditative Max
>No-nonsense Nick
>Pensive Pete
>Resolved Rick
>Solemn Seth
>Thoughtful Tom

What a fucking awful meme

This is the new one, because Captain was a gay kike.

> buff revolvers and shotguns

what game are you comparing this to? One thing that's great about First Encounter is how well-balanced the weapons are. Twin Revolvers and both of the Shotguns have their uses.

>dual-wield
Go try Nitro Family. It's on the Serious Sam engine and is the same thing except you can dual-wield literally any combination of guns in the game, and unleash your jetpack-using wife that will fly forward and carpet bomb entire areas for you.

You also can go into slow-mo with some nice classical music playing (as a powerup) while you panoolie enemies.

let 'em fight Mental for real this time

and cheat on your wife

>Fuck yeah I got the 20 cards
>actually cheat on your wife
>....well I dunno what else I was expecting

Well, so much for getting your bang for your buck.

The shotgun is shit alright

Why use it when you can just use the rocker launcher that works at any range and shoots much faster

>i want randumb shit

fuck off, you are what's wrong with gaming.

>rocker launcher that works at any range

It sure does on Easy and Tourist

Because the rocket launcher holds less ammo, isn't hitscan, and can blow up in your face. Also has the effect of pushing enemies around which can throw off your dodging.

>remove Kleers
>good weapon sounds
>a good flamethrower weapon
>The shock rifle from Unreal, or something like it
>collectable powerups that can be used when necessary
good melee gameplay

Serious Sam 3 was great, but Serious Sam 4 will be better by default because it's being made from the start as a Serious Sam game instead of a half-complete Doom 4 project that got canceled and remade.

>>remove Kleers
GET OUT

>remove Kleers
I hope you walk over a +1hp health pellet outside your door and a Kleer removes you.

Might as well import the entire Unreal weapon set. All of them are amazing and fun to use.

Forgot to say that SS4 should put a bit of an emphasis on ragdoll physics too. I'd like to see weapons like the shotgun send enemies flying.

>[muffled galloping]

>remove Kleers
Next you'll ask to remove kamikazes and Dunes from the OST.

Ragdoll physics weren't fun in Half-Life 2, they sure as hell aren't going to be fun in Serious Sam where there would be tens of ragdolls onscreen at once.

>The enemies run in a straight line

How can you miss
As for kleers and bombers just sidestep or pop them once with the pistol to stun them

>I want realism in gaming

>I prefer saints row to GTA

They weren't exaggerated enough in HL2.

Kleers actually spread out now when they run in to an open area, it's not surprising to see them running diagonally to "flank" you.

Why the fuck would I wanna play a recreation of real life?
Real life is boring
I wanna shoot aliens and demons with fancy laser rifles and handheld miniguns.

Change the fucking engine.
>trash all the modern shit guns in ss3
This, and fuck slow hammer, give me my knife back.
Also, return to old jumping mechanics, I hated jumps in SS3.

Try Bulletstorm

He just doesn't want lolsorandumb garbage like nuShadow Warrior: Borderlands Edition.

>i use video games to reject my mundane existence instead of suspending by disbelief enough to enjoy real life elements in a fictional realm of entertainment.

>real life elements
Call me when real life has handheld railguns, or jetpacks or aliens

I want to shoot aliens and demons with some realistic looking guns too. I dunno, it's just such a great combo. You take a realistic element (I don't want realistic handling, though) and put it vs. an unrealistic one. It's great!

Really, the mix of both is the best IMO. Use real guns for the low-level ones that are based on real guns anyway, go wild when you need to portray a full-auto rocket launcher.

Cannon is a pretty strange weapon, but it's still a part of SS. Don't make them "funny", make them feel good.

>i'm autistic

NO MORE FUCKING DESERT OR EGYPT LEVELS HOLY FUCK

Can the double barrel at least be changed so it functions like the one from killing floor where it can shoot one barrel at a time

>kleer jumps at you
>you shoot one barrel
>it shrugs it off and fucks your ass
good change

ADD MORE KAMIKAZES
BIGGER AND BETTER BOSSES
MORE METAL
JUST GO FULL HARDCORE CROTEAM

alt fire shoots both at the same time faggot

flying kamikazes
burrowing kamikazes

this it is fucking annoying

copy doom 2016

i replayed the old SS games recently and it has aged fucking horribly, the terrible level design and endless waves of enemies just gets tedious very quickly now

It should have an alt fire that only shoots one barrel.

It should function like Blood. Best shotgun in any FPS

Replace the first four levels with something good and problem solved.

>i replayed the old SS games recently and it has aged fucking horribly
I did the same and thought it aged pretty well. Still fun and challenging, some secrets are pretty cool.
I played First and Second Encounters only though.
Then I played BFE and dropped it near the end of it.

yea perfect idea
>try the demo today
that saved me the wasted time of installing it
and i though doom3 was shit fuck sake

the level design in ss1 is just absolutely atrocious, i remember one level towards the end where me and the 2 guys i was co-oping with literally stood in the same place for 25 minutes killing respawning enemies in one room until the game let us continue

what the fuck? it completely killed the flow of the game and i just wanted to stop playing after that point

and lets not even get into how godawful ss3 is, jesus christ what the fuck where those first call of duty esque levels and weapons?

That's literally the best level, though.

It's pretty bad sometimes for TFE, but I thought the last battle in TSE wa pretty cool.

not joking i almost fell asleep during that part and i was just playing with one hand, shooting the endlessly respawning kleers

'fun' i guess...

Maybe you were playing on Tourist.
Or with the unlimited lives.
Or it's bait

It's fun if you play it alone on Serious. Because one mistake, and you're fucking dead.

or ive been playing fps games for 15+ years and ss is not a difficult game? who knows

Should ss4 be in space/unknown planet with an unknown species and a mix of human and alien weapons?

make executions faster, like nu-doom
power ups that are fun and unrealistic
remove hitscan crap
more telephoning enemies
more enemies that require specific weapon types

Nah, I don't think so, buddy.

it was 3 player coop with

Yes, that's why I said "if". You weren't playing it alone so it wasn't fun, obviously.

I don't like power ups at all.

>I don't like power ups at all.

They break the flow, you take one and it's too easy, you don't take it and... well, maybe it's doable, which is cool. I don't like Serious Bombs because it's "kill everything around you 3 times), which is cheap. Never used them.

Tell me more about the furfag, I'm interested.

That's it.

No ED article?
Just some basic furry?
I was thinking the guy was a cuck or a tumblrite or some shit.
Besides the anti vote kick. There is no reason to complain.

Then what setting could SS4 have? The enemy planet?

tfw the enemy planet turns out to be mainly desert

He's just a faggot who's working on Revolutions, rewriting the entire game in a new script which breaks the mods, won't include votekicking, and is so incompetent at his job that Croteam just released the source code.

Everytime we play with him he either avoids or simply refuses to answer questions. The funniest one so far was when a guy asked him about if servers were running on Linux, and he went offline, rather than answer.

So is revolutions good? If the source is out are there any good source ports?

No, there's no reason to play it.

yes and they fucking suck

Fuck the scorpions. They're arent well designed enemies, especially when they spawn in in random hard to reach locations and you've lost half your health before you realized what happened and where they are.

Well it works better than vanilla on newer systems and i also could coop with a friend, but i think some of the custom maps and player made content dont work with it, also the added survival mode is pretty fun

Oh jesus fucking christ, fuck off with that game.
Remember playing it years ago it was absolute abomination and I don't understand how could anyone enjoy it.
Fuck you man.

>How do we make serious sam 4 to be actually fun?
make it exactly the same as the other ones, besides 2.

SS isn't a perfect game and a little innovation shouldn't kill his personality. Some changes are fine for me.

>copy doom 2016

Valley of Kings.

What is wrong with 2 other than stylistic/aesthetic reasons?

all the guns feel like shit.