Pic related: I work here. Ask me anything that doesn't require me to reveal who I am

Pic related: I work here. Ask me anything that doesn't require me to reveal who I am.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h7mu4JN_FOA?t=1m21s
youtube.com/watch?v=0d6yBHDvKUw
youtube.com/watch?v=rcjpags7JT8
reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/4rx6la/a_happy_little_suggestion_for_treant_protector/
reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/3ggo8m/invoker_buffrework_masterzeds_solution/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How goes the development of Ricochet 2?

simpson

How man devs are on TF2? Im guessing around 5
is it true robin walker left its developement?

Who are you?

Do you suck dicks?

Is Valve making a new game?

Unless there's some fringe group tossing around ideas (which I highly doubt), I can't think of the last time I heard the word "richochet" at work.

Are you guys going to reveal HL3?

What do you work on? Like what is your background? And why Valve?

What floor do you work and what ethnicity is the person that works at reception.

newfag

TELL ME FUCKING HL:3 IS IN THE WORKS WITH SOURCE ENGINE TWO AND YOU'RE JUST ABOUT READY TO NUT IT ALL OVER THE LOCAL POPULACE
PLEASE
THERES BEEN SO MANY SHITE GAMES THIS YEAR
I NEED THIS

Post something from the valve source repository and il believe you faggot

Nobody's really "working" on TF2, so to speak. Whenever something needs to be done, which is less often than you'd think, a few devs take it upon themselves. Robin is gone, yes.

At the moment, we currently have no new games in development.

Is HL3 coming son?

what's your job title

Are you guys going to reveal HL3?

he means half life 3, u stupid fucking faggot. thats all the proof we need that don you dont work at valve

is valve developing any new games? how do you like your job?

This
At least finish source 2 for public release, after seeing what it did just to dota 2, I can only imagine what it can do in a 3d enviroment

When does Half life 3 come out?

who the fuck do you think you are

Give me some juicy No Man's Sky info we can all laugh about.

Will HL3 come out soon?

half life 3 when
new video games when

>after seeing what it did just to dota 2
Made it run like shit?

FUCKING TELL US ABOUT HL3

no you don't

It's not in development, so not anytime in even the distant future.

I'm a network engineer working on the Steam platform. This includes the client as well as our overall network infrastructure. I chose Valve because 1. They seemed excited to have me and 2. The work environment is fantastic.

Saying where I work could narrow down my identity, so that's not happening.

Nope.

No. That wasn't a question, anyway.

Nope.

Officially, network/systems engineer.

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING GAMES

Tell me about HL3

HALF LIFE 3 WHEN?

Fuck you and fuck everything about that company.

prove it without revealing your name, it's possible

STOP LYING, WE KNOW THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT HL3, FUCKING TALK YOU PIECE OF SHIT

Nah that won't work. Post your badge with blanked out picture/name.

What is valve focused on most right now?

>genuinely believing everyone at valve stays up to date on shitty Cred Forums memes

I don't believe he really works for valve any more than the next guy, but you need to calm down.

lol as if I come here that often. I have shit to do.

No complaints about the job. As far as I know (and the atmosphere is pretty open), no new games in development currently.

Source 2 IS in active development. We're hoping to make it a much more popular engine than vanilla Source ever was.

valve says it themself dumbass. further proof that you dont work there

TELL ME ABOUT HALF LIFE 3

Then what the fuck is the reason your here if you have nothing to show or nothing to say? Everybody knows volvo isnt developing shit atm

Does Valve have any plans to make a movie based on any videogames? Not counting that one with the DotA players of course

SteamOS?

thread sux

>further proof that you dont work there
But I never claimed to, user. You really are daft, aren't you?

How often do you play with gabe newell's nipples?

TALK ABOUT HALF LIFE 3 YOU FUCKING FUCK, I KNOW ABOUT THE SCHEME, FUCKING REVEAL THE TRUTH

Confirmed shitter, abandon thread.
Each time they've released a half life they've included a new engine that's groundbreaking. SLUT

why did you guys ruin CSGO's 1st person movement?

STOP LYING, I KNOW YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT HL3

Right now, development-wise it's Source 2 and maintaining CS:GO and Dota. In my area I'm always just focused on taking criticism from the rational community (meaning not Cred Forums) and improving the Steam platform.

And for everybody that keeps asking: THERE IS NOTHING RELATED TO HALF-LIFE IN DEVELOPMENT.

I'm sorry to crush everyone's hopes, but it's not happening any time even remotely soon, if at all.

Yeh release game engine with no games.. GREAT FUXKING IDEA OP!!

WHERE IS HALF LIFE 3

When is TF2 issue 6 coming out and why the fuck has it taken so long?

Also, why does Valve refuse to capitalize on the popularity of TF2's lore? They could have made the ongoing TF2 comic an actual published monthly thing, not to mention the Adult Swim show that Expiration Date was leading into, or even colab with Telltale on a game but they won't. Don't they know there are people out there willing to through money at them for a chance to see more of the characters and humor TF2 is known for?

How do you like the work structure?
I was recently listening to a podcast on developer anarchy, where you use less process than agile/scrum to get things done.

I've heard Valve has a similar work structure in that there's no real management and the workers themselves handle disputes and hiring for their gatherings of people.

I'm curious the general work environment because the only thing I've heard outside of that is some woman's blog complaining that "it was all politics and clique groups"

Digital Homicide.

we are working on a new IP, as well as L4D3, Half Life 3, and porting csgo to Source 2. HL3 is about 2 years away from release, but We have a clear idea where it's going

What is Brad Muir working on there?

What's like working at a company which is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with gaming?

>make a game when the engine isn't even finished

do you have any idea how game development works?

Why is VAC so shit? How many people work on it? Why can't you just send lawyers after cheat providers like Blizzard?

what do you mean? We are one of the best companies, are you comparing us to Microsoft, EA, Activison, Sony? How are we worse than them?

How is the development of Half life 2:Episode 2:Part 2?

When is the Monkey King update for Dota2 slated to release?

So I just googled this and found one reference to Gabe being familiar with the meme. I can't speak for him, but that's not really a thing around here for the rest of us.

I'm bored.

There was the JJ Abrams thing a while back, but that hasn't been brought up in forever, so I don't think it's still happening. But who knows?

Still in development, but the install base isn't large enough currently to warrant making it a focus in the same way Source 2, Dota, and CS:GO are.

Quarterly.

Can't tell you that, don't work on CS:GO nor do I play it that much.

Ok...

Do you regularly see that fat fuck Gabe about the office? Or does he always reside in his dark fortress on the top floor. Seriously tho have you seen him in person.

Have you had the pleasure of stroking King Gabe's beard? What does it feel like?

Please I need this.

Denuvo.

What is Valve's opinion on Cred Forums and Cred Forums more particularly?

uh

That you're "all a bunch of retarded neck beard faggots". Gabe's words, not mine.

Heard anything about those faggot devs and their lawsuit against 100 of steam users for leaving bad reviews?

NO HL3
GO
TO
FUCK
YOURSEFL

I won't probably get good answers here, since you don't seem to be focused on TF2, but fuck it.

1. Do you have ANY idea when the new comic is coming out?
2. What does Valve plan for the Halloween event? More community maps, or are they working on original content this time around?

We think it's a place where people can discuss games, much like Reddit.

1) HOw do you enjoy working customer support?

2) Will Source 2 engine have destructible environments? Not just certain walls taking damage, but the environment as a whole being able to be altered to affect strategy and navigation through a map.

>So I just googled this and found one reference to Gabe being familiar with the meme. I can't speak for him, but that's not really a thing around here for the rest of us.

Bullshit Ricochet 2 has been a thing at Valve since the end of Ep 2, you lying fuck.

>Main developer of series is gone
why do I care so much about a game when the company that owns it does not?

I don't know what the hell Jay is doing half the time, so I don't have a concrete answer for issue #6. As far as I'm aware, it's not forgotten about though.

As far as not capitalizing TF2's lore, you can thank CS:GO and Dota for that. I know I'm mentioning those a lot, but they really are overshadowing everything else we have right now, so the vast majority of focus is on those two games.

That's exactly how it is. When I mentioned earlier that development on TF2 is pretty much just a couple devs rising to the occasion when something needs to be done, that's the case for a lot of development. CS:GO and Dota have a few devs dedicated to them, but for the most part it's just the employees making sure shit gets done.

That blog post has become something of a running joke here. It's so obviously bullshit that we refuse to take it seriously.

Fuck them.

This isn't OP(me).

Source 2 believe it or not.

Ask Activision.

The truth is because it's fucking hard. People are constantly working against us, and the VAC folks are constantly trying to keep it fair and secure, but it's really fucking difficult.

I wish.

Never comes up.

Top fucking lel.

The comic is Jay's thing, so I don't know much about it other than that Jay is still working on it.

Everything I've heard about the Halloween event suggests it's gonna be more of the same, albeit striving for higher quality of community maps.

1) kill yourself
2) Yes.

Why is Source 2 still not out? Is it still going to ever be an actual thing that is real? As in, a Unity/UE4 competitor?

How rampant is nepotism in the company?

You're aware that nobody believes you, right?

why did valve stop making videogames?

Will you remove my Vac ban?

How does one get an internship at valve?

You really should have used a tripcode

Half-Life 3

I mean, yeah, that's the goal. But we don't want to do a full launch of it until it meets our standard of being one of, if not the best engine out there, in terms of optimization and features.

Not a Source 2 dev, but whenever it's officially "done" I would say is when work would be most likely to start on a new Half-Life (or Portal) (or L4D)

Tell Eric to put in a fucking region selection on casual so I don't have to wait 30 minutes to find a game with west coast friends. Also tell him to refer to this image before he makes more retarded balance changes.

>As far as I'm aware, it's not forgotten about though.

Why do I get the feeling that Valve knows exactly what they're doing and they're purposely choosing to delay the comic because they know that for many TF2 fans it's the last piece of closure they need before they quit the game entirely?

For fuck's sake, I know for a fact Valve uses guest artists and writers, rotate them around to work on lore shit. Anything would be better than the set up they have now. They're just jerking the fans around and making empty promises, and it's nasty as hell.

Half-Life 3 was halted, we don't want to condemn it yet with a cancellation announcement. We have the script figured out, but we can't afford to have the entire company revolving around one project, nevermind a single player game where the community and Steam Workshop can't function effectively.

I couldn't care less. I know I work at Valve, so if others don't believe me, so be it.

Because Dota and CS:GO took off and now, due to the large player base, it's not only our best source of income, but they also require much more support.

Not at all.

We don't do interns often, but when we do, it's almost always from the local area. People that know people that work at Valve.

>Valve is developing a new engine but zero games with it
Ok boi

How does valve posture its philosophy from the inside? It feels like everyone outgrew delivering passion products and turned toward creating a monothetic distribution platform. After the hiring of more academics with backgrounds in psychology and economics, does valve now think of their consumers as the product? Do developers there actually connect with gaming culture or experiences?

>He ACTUALLY BELIEVED Valve was making new games

Not OP. HL3 is not in development. Like, no assets for HL3 exist in any capacity aside from maybe someone's mind.

How much work is actually being done on CS compared to dota? I thought it was the red haired child no one wants to touch with a six foot stick.

HI Chet

>says there is no nepotism
>then directly after admits interns are friends from employees
are you this retarded

Any word on paid mods? Are you fuckers going to take another run at it to line your pockets even more, sorry, i mean "drive the modding community"?

How aware is Valve of the playerbase's anger against their current handling of TF2 and the accusations that they're neglecting it in favor of their esport titles? Did Valve expect such a negative reception for matchmaking?

>ah, what a lovely day
>i think i'll go on Cred Forums and pretend i work at valve

How the fuck does this thought process occur? Are you autistic?

This is right on the money. I understand why people would be disappointed, hell, I'm kind of one of them. But the culture inside Valve shifts with the employees, and that's how the ecosystem is now. We almost don't see CS:GO and Dota as games, rather platforms that many of the hardcore players view as a lifestyle rather than hobby.

I know that doesn't make much sense, but it's a bit of a tough concept to articulate.

I don't remember claiming HL3 assets were in development. The script, the overall story arch is the easiest thing to make when it comes to a game very light on story such as Half-Life.

HL3 _is_ in development, but it will never be finished because of unreasonable and outright impossible standards set by (growing increasingly detached from reality week by week) detached from reality Gabe.

>he believes they would actually create a new engine with the engine market not being lucrative at all except for Unity and Epic

>The work environment is fantastic.
confirmed for liar, Valve has a notoriously horrible working environment, owing in part due to their flat management structure

People who do this are mentally 12 years old. Like people who play D&D, they think that "playing pretend" is a normal, fun thing to do.

You should have used a trip

I would rather work with Source than UE or Unity desu.

1. We rarely have interns.
2. Knowing someone that works at Valve is what gets us to consider someone. That in no way grants them an internship.

Given the infrequency of interns and our actual selection process, it's hardly nepotism.

Nope, we're still kicking ourselves a bit from last time. Don't expect to see it again. On behalf of Valve, I sincerely apologize for that. We fucked up.

We're aware; most people just don't care...

>There was the JJ Abrams thing a while back, but that hasn't been brought up in forever, so I don't think it's still happening. But who knows?

just recently JJ talked about how they had rough scripts ready, stop making shit up

When will bee able to reset our achievements and play time for our games?

t. not dev

Valve regularly leaks snippets of HL3 info, ranging from simple namedrops to that one time when they leaked the zipline and rebel engineer.

GAPESTATION?!

Gabe Newell here. Op[ is a liar and a faggot. he doesn't work at valve, and his steam account will be banned if he makes anymore posts

Maybe rough scripts from years ago, but definitely nothing recent, I can tell you that.

My group has talked about this. Nothing in the works yet, but we haven't said "no".

WHERE ARE THE FUNNY TABS YOU FAGGOT

ONE JOB

>zipline and rebel engineer.
post it

Why did Dota 2 items stop having names for their actives/passives and lore snippets? Are the rumors about a new attribute true?

Then why keep it around if no one fucking cares? It sounds like DOTA and CSGO make more money than TF2 does, so why not just cut it loose?

How far into development is Source 2? When can we expect an official release?

How do you feel about piracy as an issue for single player games? Does the hugely increased public exposure on gaming forums affects sales more positively even if a number of the copies were acquired for free? Which road is better for the future: Denuvo and other types of strong DRM or GOG.com DRM-free solution, latter seemingly having zero negative impact into sales of The Witcher 3?

Hi OP.

1) ahaha
2) I've been calling this since 2015. Kudos for them on trying to push the industry. I hope you all have speedy success with the new engine. Thanks for all your hard work!

Valve News Network has a ton of vids on HL3 leaks, just watch those

I promise you any "leaked" reference to HL3 or any other unreleased Valve title has been deliberate to screw with people. It's fun.

Because it's our game and we're still making money off of it?

How is Icefraud IRL?

Not him, but I can answer it for you.

They're still working on the comic. When it's finally fucking finished in a year from now, most people (including me) will probably quit the game since the fans will be getting some long-overdue closure.

uh huh

Confirmed fake. I know a guy pretty well and am 100â„… certain hl3 is in development. They've recently tinkered with vr and it, but from the looks of it that won't pan out.

How well hung is Gaben?

Does he ever walk pantsless out of his office door, assume a linebacker stance and then scream WE IS COMING FOR YA and just talk off down the hall, putting all of his might into every stride and gaining speed as his schlong flails around and he expels every breath in a tremendous grunt while employees scream and dive for cover and new interns just stand and gape in amazement until he reaches them and they get cockwalloped into a wall?

Your busted

>Screwing with people
>Screwing with Half-Life fans
>In this manner
Liar confirmed.

that channel is fucking awful but yeah, he made a video on that

>he believes this is actually gabe's email

I don't see any secrets though.

I don't know exactly, but it's in active development. The folks working on it are perfectionists, so that's why word on Source 2 has been quiet.

I can't speak for everyone else, but for me, if you would have purchased a game that you pirated if you absolutely couldn't pirate it, then I am not happy.

However, if you pirate a game that you absolutely would not have paid for otherwise, go for it. Overall, I don't think piracy is harming the industry. I understand why publishers want to stop it, but shit like Denuvo is not the way to do it.

I read (possibly in the employee handbook) that the culture at valve allows pretty much any dev to pitch ideas for features or even games(?), and they can get picked up and worked on if they're popular enough. Is this true and, if so, how often does it happen/how often do they get seen through/do people ever pitch entire game ideas and do any get past the discussion stage

>believing Gabe would ever even bother to open a boards.Cred Forums.org link

maybe because just dropping a game as old as tf2 would be a massive PR hit.
games like ricochet and alien swarm were dropped but had a smaller player base
Headlines saying valve officially kills tf2 would be pretty bad

Are you ever planning on removing memeback?

Wtf are you doing on v?

You work for the biggest, lardass Judenschwein in the world. Not even Apple can compete with Valve when it comes to scummyness and kikery.

How does this make you feel?
Also anyone worknig at Valve post Half-Life 2 Episode 2 is a good for nothing, scum of the earth leech

I've gotten a reply before I asked him if he uses iPhone or Android and he said iPhone

Are you still operating with that "flat-hierarchy" thing?

Do you still do that kinda-unorganized thing where if you wnat to be on a project, you just decide that you're on, and start throwing useful things at the group?

>implying they would keep developing Half-Life 3 for so many years
Gabe Newell didn't build a scrooge mcduck style money swimming pool by bleeding money away for developing one game forever.

>he
it has been confirmed that multiple people manage this email
you probably just got a reply from someone bored at valve

JJ doesn't work at Valve, and I don't know what he's on about. If he's serious about doing them, he needs to get at us, because it's been 100% silent over here.

You see the shitstorm it creates when something like that happens? We love that.

>Valve
>useful things
>post 2006

>Not sucking the meatballs covered in spaghetti
She had one job.

I'm heartbroken but where was it confirmed

>half-life 3 story is done
this has happened in the past, talked about in dev commentary and will happen in the future
valve doesn't go for the "one and done" model with story, they make gimmicky levels first then warp a basic outline of the story to link them

But nobody cares about working on it or addressing the problems people obviously has with it. From what you've described, it's not even the big moneymaker anymore compared to DOTA and CSGO, so Valve's "investment" in it is honestly baffling unless you're implying that they're totally okay with sitting on a dying game just because it still makes them money from keysales in spite of how many unhappy players they're creating and driving away with their inattention.

>The work environment is fantastic.
Could you elaborate on this, please?

>Also anyone worknig at Valve post Half-Life 2 Episode 2 is a good for nothing, scum of the earth leech

>implying portal 2 isnt one of valves best games

My point exactly.

Why would you fuck with your income providers in such an obvious way?

And even if it was true, why reveal it?

hello trollpicker

It's true that any ideas/pitches someone wants to make get taken seriously, but with the way the teams have been going lately, nothing really gets taken on as a serious project.

Yes to both.

what the fuck is this from? google has no clue, i need answers

Almost sure it was on that whole debacle where Gabe fired a Dota 2 host, but right now it's fairly common knowledge that he isn't the only one reading and replying to emails on that account.

>We're hoping to make it a much more popular engine than vanilla Source ever was.
Valve needs to ship more than one game then.

when the fuck will you guys implement an INCREASE TEXT SIZE option on the steam client. it's fucking 2016. on anything at or higher than 1080p shit is tiny.

Thread is confirmed fake. I'm a janitor at valve and I see bits and pieces of Half Life 3 every time I clean the toilets.

>Dota and CS:GO
>best source of income
And there goes all credibility. Hint to everyone: It's actually steam

Because you fuckers keep giving them money even when they do it, so why should they stop? It's free publicity.

Buying things off Steam? Money. Buy dota/csgo items? Money. Talk about Steam? Money.

Are there any big updates coming to the Steam client and/or website? I feel like the desktop client specially has been abandoned for a while, and only minor crap get added rarely. Most updates are just for Big Picture or the Steam Controller.

>they

That's coming soon, actually. Hopefully by the time the Winter Sale rolls around.

Around 2012, I thought valve was turning evil. They built up this almost sublime reputation with their games and then turned the steam ecosystem into a gaint (invisible) money farm, tilled and fed by its own customers. After disconnecting from gaming, I came to appreciate that the people at valve are simply exceptional at whatever they do and saw beyond videogames as an ends in itself. They realized the gaming market at large is steered by idiots with tons of disposable cash. - Most don't even recognize what a good product or experience is. Although its pitiable, the economy works best when separating fools from their money; valve leads the way. It's kind of absurd that valve was too smart to continue as a video game studio.

WHEN CAN I HIDE CURATORS WHAT THE FUCK

>supposed employee at valve
>has shit to do
confirmed for lyng piece of shit

THANK YOU. JESUS FUCK.

this

"Oh look, Pinkie, she’s stopped screaming. Do you think she’s finally accepted her fate?"

"No, silly, she’s just losing consciousness, see? It sure was nice of her to lube up my cock by bleeding out like that, hehehe!"

"Ah well, I’m rather close to climaxing anyway. It would be nice if she felt what it was like for somepony to come inside her at least once before her miserable little life ends."

"Ohh, you hear that, Flurry Heart? We already ripped you open, now Auntie Rarity’s going cum all over your organs! I bet it’s going to hurt so bad! But that’s what you get for having such a soft tight little infant cunt!"

"…"

"Goodness, did she just make a sound? She’s tougher than I thought!"

"Oh yeah! It’s like she’s trying to cry but she can’t anymore! Haha, that’s so funny!"

"Ohhh, goodness, she’s getting even tighter! Look at her twitch! These must be her death throes! Oh yes, you little whore, that’s the way! Now you realize that you were only born so I could rape you to death! Ahhhhhhh!"

"Oh wow, look at that cum gush out of her. I love watching you cum when you fuck little kids, Rarity. You’re so mean, hehehe!"

"Mmmm, that was heavenly. She’s all yours, Pinkie, dear."

"Oh oh! I just had the best idea for a prank! I’m going to fuck the corpse until I cum, then I’m just going to leave it on my dick for a while and show it off to everypony! Like a cockwarmer! Then when it starts to rot, I’ll pull it off and send what’s left of it to Cadance!"

"Brilliant, darling! I’m sure she’s very worried about her missing baby."

"Her missing chunk of dead fuckmeat, you mean!"

Are there any plans to add f2p games permanently to your library?

I should clarify that I mean Winter Sale of 2018.

Chat is getting revamped to be easier to select recording/playback devices and launch chats with friends. Think Skype. We're currently working on getting a party system implemented, but that's a WIP. We're also working on making invites easier, among smaller upgrades like the increase text size I mentioned before.

not him but the valve manual says you don't have to be working on anything specific as long as you are productive for valve in someway.
you are expected to work on at least something at all times

>Because Dota and CS:GO took off and now, due to the large player base, it's not only our best source of income,

You do realize that if you guys made a shipped HL3 it would become one of the best selling games of all time in like 5 minutes flat?

REEEEEEE

Yes. This is launching will the TF2 Halloween Event.

>it's an I work at x company thread
>OP is lying on his bed with his laptop rubbing one out to the replies on another very lonely sunday afternoon

Will the icons in chat ever get bigger?

Oh shit, you got me, aside from the rubbing one out part. Everything else is spot on, though.

I lied everyone, thanks for making this thread YUUUGE

It's an easy way to get (You)'s. Don't lie to me and say you haven't done the same thing.

I can't even beat Half Life 2, there's a bug where the game just crashes when you get to the part with the thing shooting down from the sky.

The game is also kind of boring, I'm not sure why everyone is so excited about a third game.

So basically adding features that are already present on alternatives for years, and that are going to be abandoned as soon as they're implemented. Just like how everything else Valve develops.

You seem legit, I believe you.

What's your favorite dish?
I'm about to make myself something to eat but I've no idea what to cook so I need some inspiration.

this thread is p. lazy
you could have dug out some alpha content from hl2 or portal and posted it as le proof that you're actually from valve or something
or shitpost about dota

>People actually believe this shit.

Why?

don't believe it but for valve the false hope is sort of nice

>I'm not sure why everyone is so excited about a third game.
Get to the ending of Episode 2. That's fucking it.

That's not me

We're working on some scaling options

You shouldn't. I lied.

I think I'm gonna go get some Cheetos Chicken Fries later today.

Yeah, this WAS kinda stupid, wasn't it?

No clue; I'm surprised it got this big.

Flat organization is the reason nothing ever gets done. In order to achieve things you need deadlines and pressure from higher ups.

Will steam controller ever be fixed so I can click on my taskbar icon for DisplayFusion without the drivers immediately stopping to work on the controller after I do so?

It would also be impossible to meet expectations. Anything short of the greatest fps of all time would be panned, and even if it was, the detractors who don't feel it captured the feeling of 2 would lose their shit.

It would be one of the hardest games in the world to make.

Is this porn?

>I know I work at Valve.

No you don't.

I had the Cheetos Chicken Fries

They aren't that great, give them some time to improve the recipe, like they did with the Doritos Tacos.

Yes, but sauce will only be given when HL3 releases.

remove the fucking halloween restrictions on cosmetics thank you

I know you've got you're hand down you pants, you can't keep it off. You must be oozing by now and have pre-cum smeared all over the touch pad. How many more (You)'s will it take to finish you off?

Kinda, just some fetish stuff without nudity. Basically a video of some gal that gets a full body cast. I imagine it's kinda hard to wank to unless that's your thing.

Yes I've already proven that I work for Valve.

Not him but where?

Doesn't even care about his b8 anymore

People still reply.

I've shown that we're porting the game RuneScape to the Source 2 engine and we'll be making that one of our main games alongside CSGO, Dota 2 and TF2.

Here's the untextured Dog model for HL3. I cant wait for you guys to see him in action. The day/night cycle in HL3 is awesome

I just found the video on youtube. And I honestly got a little hard. Like the bondage aspect and all that stuff written on the cast is kinda hot. Thanks for the new fetish, friend.

He doesn't want you to know who he is because he is the janitor

What's the upcoming JRPG that Ghostlight has been hinting recently?

i just realized the stark similarities between dog and l4d tank

Half-Life 3

Adam Foster
Alex Vlachos
Alexander Mark
Alireza Razmpoosh
Andy Nisbet
Ariel Diaz
Bill Van Buren
Bill Fletcher
Chris Chin
Chris Green
Jess Cliffe
Dario Casali
David Speyrer
David Feise
Erik Robson
Erik Wolpaw
Jan-Peter Ewert
Jeremy Bennett
Jean Rochefort
Jeff Lane
Jeff Ballinger
Jeff Hameluck
Jim Hughes
Jim Murray
John Guthrie
Josh Weier
Karl Whinnie
Kelly Bailey
Ken Birdwell
Ken Banks
Marc Laidlaw
Matt Alderman
Matt Charlesworth
Michael Coupland
Paul Pepera
Paul Thuriot
Randy Lundeen
Roland Shaw
David Sawyer
Steve Kalning
Ted Backman
Ted Carson
Thorsten Scheuermann
Tristan Reidford
Torsten Zabka
Steve Bond

Half-Life 3 Core

Adam Foster
David Speyrer
Jean Rochefort
Jeff Lane
Jim Hughes
Karl Whinnie
Kelly Bailey
Ken Banks
Michael Coupland
Sergiy Migdalskiy

>gabe not on the list

When Gabe Newell showing up in a Forge in Fire?

>Implying Gabe actually makes videogames and not just gets all the credit.

Tell me about something that's coming with the Monkey King otherthan the king himself. Otherwise this entire thread is just an autist making up believable lies.

Lies.

I'm the photoshopped screenshot layered over his hair.

>implying HL3 in 2017

it doesnt really matter, do the same as nu males sky, just make hl3 end the story so it doesnt need more episodes and then hype it to hell, it will sell billions. just fucking close this chapter already ffs

Why does IceFrog wear the mask?

well these lists are for people actually making the game. gabe will probably still be in the final credits somewhere

Why Valve so lazy fucking cunts?

Now days Gabe is the Stan Lee of Valve...

>Source 2 IS in active development. We're hoping to make it a much more popular engine than vanilla Source ever was.
Hopefully. Now it looks like shit and ruined dota.

True Gabe here. I love lolis!

I love the last Portal movie! How about you guys?

That's a pretty good comparison actually

>At the moment, we currently have no new games in development.
Do you guys realize no one wants Vive or Steam Machines, right? What do you faggots do all day?

that was a great movie right up until the stupid ending.

Are Valve planning to do any events for dotes ever again?

It's probably fantastic to work there because they don't make you do anything. It's not fantastic for fans of Valve games.

THE STUPID ENDING WAS THE VIDEO GAME ASPECT!!!

How can you like the movie without knowing that? Come one did you saw the Combine gunship at end?

you would be surprised how quickly that shit gets old. it's great for awhile getting paid to do almost nothing, but you'll start to hate it eventually. everyone does

Robin Walker left years ago niga the fuck you been doin all this time.

Half-Life 3

Whats your thoughts on the whole Vive situation, do you think it will go anywhere and if so do you believe that Valve will again develop games for a niche piece of hardware?

Are any of those Left 4 dead 3 leaks were true?

Does L4D3 have three niggas in the main cast?

I expected this to be the first question.
Cred Forums you disappoint me just like always

then why doN'T YOU GUYS DECIDE TO MAKE SOMETHING

The old evil guy kinda reminds me of modern gabe.

What a shitty thread. This "employee" hasn't given a single straight answer. Fuck off faggot.

How about a petition on change.org to make this happen?

Forged in Fire: Celebrity Edition

All money goes to charity. Love it!

Those are artworks, you stupid monkey

Do you know what's up with these beta portal voicelines? youtu.be/h7mu4JN_FOA?t=1m21s

People who didn't get the reference just spout "hurr durr alions". I will agree though that the destruction of the Synth Gunship with a lit alcohol bottle was retarded and just not needed. Here's hoping the next one is about the 7 hour war or life in a city with the combine taking over.

Name any other celebrity who likes to forge weapons and shit. No one who watches that show would even know gabe anyway.

What is Valve up to except just sitting on their asses and cashing in on already made games.

Do you even work on anything at all?

What about the l4d3 "leak"?

So is the first cloverfield movie related to the half life universe as well?

op is a lying faggot. post gabens

Why do you guys hate the number 3 so bad?

Why are you posting shit that's available on the fucking wiki?

The guys from TheOneRing.net and maybe a fan group from Game of Thrones think about the possibilities.

Look at that hover hand. Gabe is a total beta sperglord. He's probably still a virgin

WHERE IS THE NEW DOTA CONTENT

The first cloverfield was a omage to Godzilla but JJ is making changes on the origin to fit the HL universe. Maybe in the next movie he will explain the connection.

That's a shopped photo, look at the head, and in real life Gaben is much taller, he's a 2 metre monster.

fuck off mobafag

That's like saying a farmer's source of income is the soil, not the shit he sells

is there a Cred Forums rule that we aren't allowed to post images that are from other sites?

In this case the farmers best source of income is the soil, because his soil is the most fertile and therefore other farmers want to plant their plants there, which they do, but they have to give money to the owner of the soil or else they wouldn't be allowed to do so.

valve gets money every time you buy something on steam you dingo

Your analogy makes no sense. Here, let me fix it. Imagine that the farmer we're talking about owns most of the fertile ground in the fucking world. Not a monopoly, but pretty darn close. He doesn't need to farm much on its own (he still does), and most of his profits are from letting other people and companies use his land. That's Valve and Steam.

Are you in tech support

why did you make Dota 2 be Source 2?

This doesn't go against what I said at all.

What about the literal millions of people who ONLY play Dota?

Yeah, it's not really different from reality. I don't really agree with either.

More like a cleaning clerk.

The creatures in the first film are some what related to Ant Lions, at least in appearance and being Insectoid like. For all we know the creature splashing in at the end came through a Portal Storm.

So you are saying you stopped making
games because you have enough money?

/Thread

Come back when you are doing something cool.

what teh hell that was about?

youtube.com/watch?v=0d6yBHDvKUw

Your stupid fucking whore mother is a monkey, you asshole

I've never actually seen the first one desu but maybe if I went into it imagining it happening in the half life universe it could be cool.

Nope. The origins of the Cloverfield monster is said to be from other world but landed in Earth millions of years ago. The ant lions creatures are just parasites of the Clover monster.

The events on 10CL are the result of a experiment gone wrong in space. The next movie called "God Particle" will be the equal to the Resonance Cascade incident in Half Life.

I heard rumors about JJ changing the origin of the first movie and Super 8 to fit in the Half Life universe.

>ask me anything except for proof
ok
what did you have for lunch?

will your company ever make third game of their franchise?
Portal, L4D, Half-life....

where is portal 3 user!!!

Oh and also how much did you laugh about the digital homocide thing?

thread's theme

youtube.com/watch?v=rcjpags7JT8

BIG PINK COOKIE
I
G

P
I
N
K

C
O
O
K
I
E

false and homosexual

Forged in Fire: Crowbar Edition

Region lock in Dota 2 when?

I thought you were OP trying to post "secret" stuff.

The only HL3 pics related.\

can you post a pic of Gabe's toilet?

He said he won't post his pictures.

underrated

My guess OP leaved. well fuck

stfu you absolute cretin

How hard did you guys laugh when Digital Homicide said they'd sue you?

i am OP. and im a massive faggot and everyone in this thread is a gullible retard. go to the wiki to learn more

Is Team Fortress 2 on it's way out? Does Valve have any plans for a TF3?

You niggers can choose to believe OP or not.
But just a heads up, it is a matter of fact that a Valve dev posted in /d2g/ (that's dota2's general on /vg/) at least a couple of time.
I don't have the screens, but someone post them if you do please.

but I don't want another Gabe's pic,just want to see his fucking toilet

I was trying to make a joke about OP being a human toilet.

I know but toilets have a priority

Is dota2 dogshit?

Does anyone at Valve feel embarrassed at Steam becoming the dumpster of the internet?

How the fuck does Dota's balance team work? I mean I know they just cop dumb shit from reddit and all, but I mean what's the actual process? I had a friend who claimed to work at Valve who claimed that there are separate "teams" that work on different types of heroes: casters, supports, carries, and then special groups for the weird ones like Invoker. Word on the metaphorical street is the Meepo guy left which is why they barely touch him.

Is that all anything close to true? Also tell them to remove comeback gold because that shit is fucking hideous and singlehandedly ruined Dota, you literally get rewarded for losing MvC3-style.

why, Cred Forums of course :^)

It's pretty obvious how balancing works.
It's Icefrog for the big dick balance patches, noname devs for the small to very small ones but only done after Icefrog's approval.
The pandering to reddit only happens for the QoL type of shit, not actual balance that would change the state of the game.
Icefrog always said he will always be on top of the game with no higher ups telling him what to do, so that he can keep the essence of the game.

How the fuck did "happy little trees" and rapid-fire OD buffs in 6.86 get through though? Those were legitimately reddit's fault.

>make source 2
>just to do ports of old games, no new games
seems retarded enough to be true considering we're talking about valve

>"happy little trees"
What?
But yeah I don't see how OD buffs are the "fault" of reddit.Maybe there was shitposting about it but correlation does not imply causation.

how can i get a job their with a bachelor in instrumental music.

i misspelled there. i'm already fired.

The beginning of 6.86 was like this.

>OD gets reworked into Slark-style steal int on Q passive, its scaling goes 0/1/2/3.
>Reddit threads bitching that he's too weak.
>Gets buffed to 1/2/3/4.
>More threads bitching even though he's perfectly functional here.
>Gets buffed to 2/3/4/5.
>Completely fucking dominates the whole patch.
>Same patch, popular reddit thread suggesting treant tree creation is implemented as iron branch active. reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/4rx6la/a_happy_little_suggestion_for_treant_protector/
>Same patch, "spells at level 1" Invoker gets implemented because of upvoted reddit post almost verbatim. Breaks Invoker as well. reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/3ggo8m/invoker_buffrework_masterzeds_solution/

I honestly couldn't tell you how I forgot about that Invoker post, I've seen it before and noted it when it was implemented too.
So I guess yea, they do listen to reddit to some extent.
Icefrog always loved community contribution, that's kind of his thing ever since he was lead developer for dota allstars and tries to implement all sorts of ideas people shit out as long as they make sense.

Why doesn't the steam client snap to half monitor width when you drag it to the edge of a window in any Windows OS?

Do you know how often GabeN does any actual work on games these days?

Is there anything you can show us of source games running in Source2?

What's it like working at a company that's one of the worst things to happen to the FPS genre?

Can you pitch the implementation of a random function in the Steam Library?

>At the moment, we currently have no new games in development.

l4d3 has been reconfirmed in development like 3 times by leaks

nice thread

Cred Forums are gullible children

I really do admire community contribution in devs, but I always felt like with Dota specifically, he just bent over backwards for anyone who said anything. I'll still never, ever understand why they didn't just straight-up revert comeback gold after the disaster that was 6.82 and 6.83. The glyph changes and DP/Razor nerfs were enough, and the game was already giving out one-time revenge gold for massive killstreaks that are still nothing compared to today's "get 700 for the next 3 support kills if their team is ahead" nonsense.

Listening to your fans is cool and all, but you really have to put your foot down, especially when they suggest stupid shit.

is there any plan on improving the vac system? kekerino

dota 2 is 3d you retard

Op is a Lier.
Gabe Newell is my uncle and he said Half Life 3 is real.

Yeah, you can't trust those small Belgium towns.

That is why the germans marched over twice.

Are you that guy who needs to finish that awesome mod of a certain 2001 game already? Because get working on that.

>believes wholeheartedly in information provided by leaks
>calling anyone else gullible

So if you're a Network engineer, can you fix the steam group chats ghosting?

Issue is, at random times, usually once every one or two days, the room is empty. Nobody knows since they all see an old instance unless it rejoins.

Seems pretty obvious that they don't work on TF2 anymore, but does anyone at Valve even play TF2 anymore?

Is there some way that the community itself can oversee TF2 and its content if Valve doesn't want to?