Which one should I get if I don't have a 4k tv?

Which one should I get if I don't have a 4k tv?

ps4 you can wait six months for Vega/Volta news

Neither.
You really don't need them if you're still in 1080

>1080
>4k
nothing is capable of playable 4k yet

Depends on what you games you want to play on both and which seem more appealing to you. I'd go for the 1080, but that's because I want to upgrade from my toaster. PS4 isn't looking to bad in coming months either.

4k is a meme, you eyes dont even see the difference unless you have like a 60 inch tv

I just got some money
I want to play games. I am thinking about the pro because of god of war and horizon and spoderman

right now I have a r9 390, but this is the only one time when I can afford such a strong card like 1080

meh hard decision

Do you have a ps4?
If you don't: Get a ps4 pro
If you do: Buy the 1080

I don't have.
Thank you will do.

save your money
buy HBM2 gpu in 3 months
>meme memory
its the biggest advancement in gpu tech in years and needed to move 4k footage in the vram

they are not going to stop making games for the original ps4 right?

Maybe you should get a 4K TV first?

A GPU.

I don't have a blue ray player, there is no 4k signal to watch a tv.

With a r9 390 I can't produce anything in 4k, why the hell would I spend all my money on a tv first.

>I am thinking about the pro because of games that aren't coming out for a long time and may be shit
Stop.

nope they are both ps4's. the games are the same the pro just have new graphics settings.

>pro just have new graphics settings.
In almost all cases the graphics will lower and the resolution will increase to 1440p.

It's a scam.

Not a single game has suffered this fate so this user is literally talking out of his ass.

The devs decide what they will be doing but so far games have been rendered at 2 times 1080p and then uprendered to 4k through some patented Sony uprender. But there are more ways to do that including rendering at 1800p and then uprendering to 4k.

>Not a single game has suffered this fate
Tomb Raider.

>uprendered
Fancy word for upscaling aka stretching you fucking drone.

I've had a 780ti since release. Is now the time to upgrade to 1080 (or even wait for 1080)? I have the money, but I don't know if it's truly viable just yet.

Upgrade every 3 years not 2.

The PS4. You'll have to get a power supply, hard drive, cpu, motherboard, RAM, keyboard, mouse, and monitor before you can use that GTX 1080.

It's been pretty much 3 years since the 780ti already though.

Ask me how I know you bottleneck your overpriced GPU like a retard.

3 gens then.

I don't have a 1080.

In fact, my 960 is kinda shitty compared to my 6700k.

A 6700k and a 1080 is a pretty sweet combo. Make sure you have 16GB of RAM.

And later on you can get an SSD if you haven't already to really dial it to 11.

>Make sure you have 16GB of RAM.

G-Goldstein?

it is literally not stretching which is the point of calling it uprendering and not upscaling.

Tomb raider remains to be seen in action. But regardless people at the ps event said that tomb raider was the softest looking game out of all of them.

It is stretching.

>Tomb raider remains to be seen in action.
No, it's been seen.

You can make due with less but since I have a bunch of other crap running in the background/on a second monitor I prefer to have 16 GB minimum.

RAM isn't that expensive user.

8GB? Oy vey, you can't run games with only 16GB, you need at least 32GB. Here I'll sell you this 64GB.
So, we'll close 1000 dolars for 128GB, goy. Pay up.

don't forget the 240hz monitor

This so stupid. Its like people saying SSDs are worthless. 16 GBs of ram costs a MONUMENTAL like 30 fucking bucks more than 8 GBs and its very useful if you keep a lot of tabs open, and like to play games while having a podcast or youtube video or some shit playing. Which isn't uncommon. If you happen to be a person that has ONE thing open at all times, then its not that useful, but who the fuck closes everything except one active program?

I have 16 gb ram with a SSD, and 4690k. Is it enough?

>4k
Fuck that 144hz or nothing

I care more about decent stable framerates. I would buy one right now if I believed I could get a stable 60 fps in all PS4 games with it.

this desu

>no graphics card even support playable 4k
>no monitors even fucking had HDR
>most people don't have 4k tvs or monitors
>all this shit being pushed by sony

loving every laugh

Yes, most games are limited by the GPU, not the CPU (as long as you have a half-decent one).

it's the opposite for console, lol.

Not final code running on a released pro.
Come back when we get something other than video compressed comparisons.

Get both.

>close
>he thinks buying RAM is at all like buying a house or car
Lmfao stay poor and stay. Cucked.

Japans broadcasting corporation NHK has started doing some broadcasts in 8k. How do you even watch that

two tvs together?

on an 8K TV

Most people just barely have HDTVs. I didn't even get one until a year or two ago.

>Not final code running on a released pro.
wew okay delusional retard.

gtx 1070

All lower class households have an HDTV
They just go to there local walmart and buy a piece of shit vizio

>believing pre-release shit to be final
lel

you mean 4

me

thank god.

>All lower class households have an HDTV
Like I said, I didn't even get one until a year or two ago and even then they were about $250+

Most people don't see the need in buying a newer TV when they already have a working one, especially when the price of upgrading is $200+. Hell, my monitor had a better resolution than the TVs I had for years and years.

1080 is not powerful enough for 4k 60fps, right?

>pretending final is anything but final
wew

So you are the one person. Good job.

It is for most games.

no

get a titan

>replying to an anti-semitic post-ironic narrative in a mongolian throat singing pawn shop in a serious manner
>inb4 I've been tricked and your reply was bait

It's depends on your standards for 4k gaming is.

on high medium low yes

on ultra you will e getting silky smooth 30 ffps

>get gpu
>use supersampling
>4K to 1080p
>turn off any form of AA
>better performances
>more beautiful

Mind you, i still have a shit CPU and a memevidia card (got it cheap, still a 970 though).
GTA 5 online hovers between 50 to 60fps.

>calling it final even though it isn't in consumer hands
Haha you are the delusional one mate.