What's your opinion about this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QMzT_mq2p40
youtu.be/753vDdpMFgY?t=16s
youtube.com/watch?v=sDNX1ZD4bW8
youtube.com/watch?v=kWXdpB4N7wM
youtu.be/WDaFWcINzAA?t=31s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Graphically it was pretty impressive, particularly the cars. The rest of the game is shit.

I played as kid, i remeber it as the most difficult game ever, well back in those times i didn't use any kind of guide or youtube video, anyway, it was those kind of game where you have to perform flawless a "coreography" and also have luck, like the 6th challange on vanquish

Was Driver really that memorable of a franchise to begin with? Driver SF was godtier and had no right to be as good as it was though

>Driver SF

Why did you remember me? Now I'll have to play it again.

Driver SF was basicly Life On Mars: The Game to me, really suprised.

And on the gameplay mechanics it brought a lot of the fun of a Midtown Madness

I was a huge fan of the series, but 3 is the only one I've never played because of the negative reaction - I mean I think there was a PSP spin off of Parallel Lines too.

The problem with the series is that they've rebooted it every game since the ps1 entries, so it's never really had a chance to develop an identity. Personally while I think SF has great gameplay, it's too far removed from the first two for me to count as a real Driver game. Parallel Lines is probably my peak, although the time-skip element is largely pointless. The first two were great at the time but have agreed poorly.

Literal paid reviews.

Driver SF was basicly Life On Mars: The Game
That is sorta the reason I don't love it - it's fairly shameless, and a game just lifting ideas wholesale from an existing property was something you'd expect from the wild west PS1/2 era.

I played all the games (except Parallel Lines, but I did play '76) a few months ago and Driv3r was definitely my favorite. If it wasn't rushed by Atari, I think it had the potential to be one of the best games of all time. It feels like GTA IV before its time. I really enjoy it.

I feel like Ubisoft should let Reflections work on remakes/remasters/fixing up the Driver series. Ignoring that piece of shit San Francisco is, of course!

Driver was GTA while the real GTA was still 2d but they spent so much time fucking around on that game they let Rockstar kill it with III and Vice City

I just really enjoy this game. The cities have a great atmosphere and the driving feels very satisfying.

>Driv3r being favorite
>San Francisco is shit

You're trying too hard being a contrarian, m8

I liked it. The locations were pretty nice (get it?) and had good music and visuals. The gunplay was pretty weak and not being able to drive by shoot in cars was annoying, and some of the story missions were too difficult.

youtu.be/QMzT_mq2p40

jesus, your post, Driv3r had some cool stuff, the cities were entertaining and the car physics were fun, but for you to find it your favorite even after played SF?

Damn...
I still think 1 and 2 (1 more) still hold up, at least the story mode.

I liked it as a kid but it was probably shit.

>Driv3r
>favorite
>San Francisco
>Shit
You dare have a different opinion to my own?

San Francisco is a good game. But as an entry on the Driver series, it's absolute horseshit.

I was really engaged with the plot that Driver 1, 2 and 3 were having, and when I found out San Francisco was a direct sequel to 3, It got me really excited, but they just made Tanner a sarcastic mix of Sonic and Ezio, Jones became the black guy from Rush Hour and Jericho became a generic bad guy that doesn't even use his badass double sawnoffs and long coat from Driver 2 and Driv3r.
They removed the onfoot gameplay, which Parallel Lines and '76 perfected from 3 and overall, San Francisco doesn't feel like a proper Driver game. It's a step back on many areas.

But on it's own, it's a really good game. It disappointed me, though. Driv3r felt like this really interesting promise of a CSI style game, which justified the undercover gameplay you had since the first one. San Francisco throws it all out of the window.

MUSIC TIME
youtu.be/753vDdpMFgY?t=16s

What the fuck how did you get it to look so nice?

It's PC maxed. I don't think I took that screenshot when I used AMD's panel to inject anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering.

Had a lot of fun with the recording function.

+ 21:9 hacked aspect ratio...

Had a lot of fun with the recording function.

Also, that survival mode.

>that song
fugg

This thing is ultra glitched and badly made. Near the airport in Nice, there is a hole in the geometry where you can enter the otherworld.

I know, right?
Now imagine, you just came out from Driver 2 on the PS1 and as you boot up a new game in Driv3r, you're presented with this godlike introduction.
youtube.com/watch?v=sDNX1ZD4bW8
You can't even point a flaw in it, it's just perfection. Now compare it to, let's say, SF.

most anons are now too young to remember Driv3rgate

That's a pretty good intro, i give you that, but what comes after the intro...

Yeah, and it's a shame. I definitely think this game deserves a second chance. It deserves a remake, so it can be done the way it was meant to be a decade ago, if not even more than that. Come on Ubisoft, stop ''remastering'' those cancer Assassin's Creed games and get to work on what's important.

hard as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=kWXdpB4N7wM

>that final mission from the first driver game
almost threw my psp out of the window when playing it, even on the easiest setting. just what the fuck was on their heads? Cars coming out of nowhere, ramming you at 300km/h making you fly to the moon. Jesus...

I wonder just how much of Driv3r was cut due to time constraints. So many interiors and areas not properly used...
youtu.be/WDaFWcINzAA?t=31s

The chases parts were pretty similar to the Driver 1 and 2 chases(clunky and buggy but it was a challenging).
It was the on foot parts that were a complete disaster. The tactic i had to use was to basically enter every room with the reticle at head level to hit a headshot as soon as possible and move back to cover, rinse and repeat, picking one by one like this.

Yeah, on foot was definitely clunky. If you ran to the sides, Tanner would weirdly slide fast as fuck to the chosen direction. The first person mode was also definitely unfinished. Real shame.

While exploring the maps in this game i recall finding some weird stuff. There were some buildings that produced a weird sound, some were blasting loud music. Exploring Driver 3's world was eerie.

>tfw bought the game and strat guide on day 1
Buyer's remorse, I didn't even finish the story missions, just fucked around causing chaos. And before you ask, I like to collect stat guides for games I own regardless if I'll use them during a playthrough or not. It's interesting to flick through them years later.

>mfw they were making fun of Tommy Vercetti with this

Maybe it was just the weird PS1 graphics but exploring the first two Drivers was eerie, too.

In 2 there is that abandoned mine in the middle of nowhere at the end of the railroad, if the car broke down there, going back walking was pretty spooky, i recall playing Silent Hill in the same day and then having a nightmare about that place.

What happened?

I remember driver 2 there was this parking garage way out in the forest kind of and you had to run around to find this button to press and there was a secret car down there and if you drove down any of the wrong tunnels you would fall through the map. I remember finally getting a ticket at the stadium in the Chicago one and getting that secret car too. Felt like such accomplishments.

Good visually, nice lightning and car damage.
Great vehicle physics and control. The game really shines during driving sequences.

The game shits itself when you play the on foot/shooting sections.
They tried so hard to make a GTA rival. They should have focused on what Driver was really good, on what it was better than GTA: vehicle gameplay.

I've heard Parallel Lines is also great. It maintains Driver 3 driving gameplay and feel and expands on it.

Really need to pick that out since it was the last proper Driver game.
San Francisco is pure garbage

> devs rushed out the game
> game is riddled with bugs
> company decide to actually pay sites/magazines to give positive reviews
> people who actually bought the game call this shit out in forums but said threads were deleted by employees of the company
crazy thing is it's hard to find any info on it I think somebody made a youtube video a while back about it

wow, things were rough before the internet.

Yeah, in 2 and 3, if the CD/DVD was scratched or dirty, sometimes the map would stop loading and the road would simply end out of nowhere and the car would start falling into some blueish hell and then explode, it was hilarious.

Something I liked about the series is how the settings were pretty unique.