Unpopular opinion thread

Walking simulators are very good if you like a calm and peaceful experience

I prefer FFTA to FFT

persona is so fucking boring.
I don't want to have to slog through 4 hours of mediocre story just to get to mediocre gameplay.

Walking Simulators are good if you're a fat fuck who's afraid of actual excerise

who cares? the point is that they aren't games.

It's not about the story or the gameplay, it's about getting a moment's respite from this miserable life.

i think MGS4 is the best MGS

Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania, and Metal Gear Solid suck dick.

Lords of the Fallen is a good game.

Homefront is underrated. It's actually pretty fun.

Hatred was Game of the Year 2015.

The Evil Within > Resident Evil

Cold Fear > Resident Evil 4

Project: Snowblind > Deus Ex

Mortal Kombat is the best fighting game series.

Manhunt > Grand Theft Auto

Only good Devil May Cry is the first one.

Turok (2008) was fucking awesome.

JRPG is a shit genre for shit people.

Tomb Raider has always been lame.

You could improve your life. Drop the chink worship and become a man.

Ocarina of time is correctly-rated.

Turn based combat is almost always shit

Gone Home was good

Walking Dead and Witcher 3 were both signs that gameplay doesn't matter to Cred Forums anywere near as much as it makes out.
DmC was decent and worth picking up in a steam sale
Undertale of a 4/5
Penny Arcade is only slightly above CAD in terms of writing
Loss is lame and stopped being funny ages ago.
Evil Within and Star Fox Zero are both GOTY contenders.

Holy Trinity of Subjective shit Cred Forumsutists love to spout when describing a game:
>Fun
>Comfy
>New/Rehash

I could insert something like bug-chasing or mexican sugar dancing refer it as a fun fetish some zeronet creep might enjoy.

Or some fag messing around with Sonic 06's glitches and find it fun than speedrunning Mario 64

if there are puzzle involved the OK
if it's basically a 3d hidden item game the n FUCK OFF

I think Skyrim is a flawed but decent enough game.

MGSV and Skyward Sword were both better than their prior series entry.

I agree with you, OP.

I think F.E.A.R. is pretty overrated.

Played it recently for the first time and I was shocked at how repetitive and boring it is.

I mean the shooting is good and turning people into a red mist is fun, but goddamn the environments are so goddamn boring. It's either grey industrial areas, or grey sewers, or grey office areas. Even when there is color towards the end, it's really washed out and might as well not even be there.

The enemies are also incredibly boring, it's just ONE dude with 5 or 6 different skins and maybe a different weapon. The heavy armor dude and the mech are just a slower regular enemy with a shitton more health. The cloaked dudes are good because they're different but they appear like twice in the campaign and the flying robots are really fucking annoying.

I don't know how people can this a masterpiece. If's just way too same-y, even for an FPS game.

The first Paper Mario game is the best one and it is also the only one that is worth playing.

Thief builds are absolutely shit tier and incredibly unfun to play in any game that is not a dedicated stealth game.

Dead space is mediocre shit. It's just a RE4 clone that rips off ALIENS

If the best thing an FPS game has going for it is the atmosphere, then it's really not a very good FPS game and shouldn't be rated higher than a 7/10

I felt this way on my first playthrough, but I loved it after my second run. Basically it's a game that does just one thing well

If you're just going to say "I like x" or "I don't like y game" then don't bother posting.

I doubt I'll ever give it a second run, I'll just play the expansion packs, then FEAR 2 and give it a rest.

The Wii U is a great console

Gaming would be better if old Sega was still around

>objective rules for arbitrary numerical scores attached to works of art
Kys

>kys
kys yourself

Action-lovers are the equivalent of black people and women clamoring for inclusion

>stealth game
>BUT I WANT TO GO ALL GUNS BLAZING WAAAAAAHH

>action game
>WHAT? DONT PUT NO SHIT STEALTH IN MY ACTION GAME I'LL PLAY A STEALTH GAME IF I WANT TO DO THATTTT

Thanks for single handedly proving that I should never actually take anything Cred Forums says seriously.

Extraction Point is better than the base game, Perseus Mandate is pretty shit

>FEAR 2
Lol.

Spending time putting effort into Cred Forums posts is a massive waste of time

Hi is this the Metal Gear Rising Defense Force?

Kill yourself. There is already a unjustifiable small amount of games that offer legit thief builds that we don't need your shitty opinion to make it any worse.

I've already played a decent amount of F3AR with a friend, so FEAR 2 can only be an improvement.

I don't really care about the story or the horror elements, I just want more variety and color in the game. From what I've heard, FEAR 2 does that.

The Witcher 3's combat was not only good, but is one of the best examples of live action RPG gameplay done right.

Gothic 3 is even worse than Skyrim.
For what it's worth Skyrim at least had some quests that tried to be decent. It had at least some minimal effort in its content. The main quest, as shit as it was, had characters, had some build up and some semblance of structure.

What did Gothic 3 have? Nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing. It's like an entire game with nothing but radiant quests. A goddamn travesty that game is.

I enjoy the story aspect of video games more than anything else. Before you start memeing at me, let me elaborate: the ability to fuck with the predetermined story and go on alternate routes and make my own fun is my favorite part of video games. I'm basically the person that the old "emergent gameplay" tagline was made for.

Despite what I just said, I don't like most old CRPGs. Reading something that someone else wrote is good and all, but I can read a book for a better version of that shit. I want to use what the game gives me to make my own story.

I also hate multiplayer games because I don't like when my story ends in "you lose" suddenly and abruptly.

People are just going to post the webm of someone cheesing the game mechanics when we both know the reason they hate the combat is because they couldn't get good at it without using cheap tatics

The Witcher 3 is an extremely mediocre game, nothing about it is "good" or "bad". It's average and boring, ruins the lore and many characters from the books.

Synthwave > Cyberpunk > Steampunk

FFTA was pretty good

Cats > Dogs

I like pretentious games that try hard to be unique and fun at the same time. Also I think that Undertale wasn't horrible, it was okay.

Stalker: SoC is a terrible, boring, broken mess

CoP is the only worthwhile entry in the series.

I love FF13

CoP was the most boring one for me, the world felt so empty and non-threatening

Rogue is an obsolete genre that limits your possibilities too much, I glad that it was replaced by average action games with perma-death.

Platnignogs needs to all be gassed

Super Paper Mario has no redeeming aspects at all.

CRPGs are one of the worst genres, no matter how good the writing is compared to other games they're all still poorly written when compared with books, and the gameplay in every single one of them is ass.
The only CRPG I've enjoyed is Fallout 1 and 2, and that's only because of the sheer amount of options you have. Also, New Vegas is just as bad as 3.