I know this is a highly controversial game around here, but what do you really think of it?

I know this is a highly controversial game around here, but what do you really think of it?

>simple, but great combat system
>good story
>best soundtarck of all fucking time
>nice characters who show their deep storylines only if you progress in the sory
>motherfucking auron
>did i mention the OST?

someday the dream will end, fellow bros

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

don't you die on me

I thought it was pretty decent. I don't understand why people say Final Fantasy 9 was the last decent one sometimes.

Combat was terrible, leveling systems was great. Story was awful and full of holes. Summons were cool but over all I don't know why they made an hd version.

Nice graphix at the time. Everything else is garbage.

Story-wise Tales of Symphonia is similar, except it did virtually everything better. It's true Final Fantasy X in my headcanon, desu.

Ya I also don't get why people like the game, vita shitters swear by it.

>Combat was great, leveling systems was terrible.

ftfy

I love this game, but I'm probably nostalgia-blinded. Should play it again, but nowadays I don't have the time and the will to play a RPG.
The grinding required to kill the optional bass was fucking insane tho.
>inb4 muh yojimbo

>The al-bhed are snakes that lie and steal and cheat, ya? They have to be burned to ashes, starting with the children, brudda!

Holy shit how the fuck did Square get this shit past American translators...

If that combat was released in a current jrpg not made by SE people would shit all over it.

I thought the OST was pretty lackluster but apparently that's just me. To Zanarkand is the only song I liked.

>no one has posted it yet
Disappointed in you guys

OST was fine in some cases.

Graphically all right for an early 2000s game (sold me on a PS2 at the time.)

The English voice acting is hit or miss (but these days, its understood why it was so awful in places--the laugh not included since that was obviously supposed to be intentionally bad.)

I like the battle system because it allowed hot-swapping characters and made your decisions matter over the ATB system. Too bad by the end of the game, you should be essentially just running Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku to demolish everything in the game. Lulu and Khimari are useless.

Story barely makes sense and it takes a while to really comprehend that there are two Zanarkands. I did enjoy the love story aspect and how it basically ends badly for Yuna (with a bit of a questionable ending bone with Tidus at the very end.)

Blitzball was fun when you could actually control it.

Yuna made me drop FF10

>Graphically all right for an early 2000s game
It was one of the best looking games of all time when it was released, along with MGS2. Don't undersell it.

>nice characters who show their deep storylines
Totally undone by the single least likable and most shallow main character in the history of fiction.
>good story
clinical retardation isn't an excuse, you should feel bad

not an argument. but if you don't like it, fine by me.

btw plenty of people like that combat system
dare I say, I've seen plenty of people shitting on the game but liking the combat

my god TEEDUS a bomb!

I loved final fantasy 10. Best ending and best post game content of any FF game I've played. Tidus wasn't annoying to me at all. Considering his fucked up situation, he handled things pretty well in my option.

>you should be essentially just running Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku to demolish everything in the game
This to me represents the diversity X can be capable of, because in my party Tidus was the worst, even with his Celestial Weapon. Auron was better but Yuna was the real g, nuking everything for no mp. Sin died before the song completed once, I don't even think it got halfway.

i wouldn't exactly call tidus shallow. there is some depth to him.

he just has an annoying personality. and people can't accept that.

It wasn't on purpose. Just thinking back how some of the cutscenes looked great (even still to this day), but then you get the in-game model renders for most characters and they're all goofy looking.

>yfw this is 2000% canon

It's not so much about diversity as it is:

>Tidus is one of the fastest characters, pre maxing out everyone.
>Wakka has Attack Reels
>Rikku's Mix overdrive is broken as fuck.

But they still looked better than just about anything else in 2001 or before.

>best soundtarck of all fucking time

>mfw I first found out about it
I unironically consider it the work of a genius.

I think it holded up throughout the whole generation, except for some details like the hands and the faces of in-game models.

Who are you trying to impress?

FEET

>what do you really think of it?
10/10 graphics for its time
One of the most beautiful and unusual setting and world building ever
Excellent plot, themes and narration
One of the best character design in the series
Very good Sphere system
Good combat that finally gets rid of the mediocre ATB system
Solid 9/10 overall
Third best FF after 7 & 9
Only objective flaws are the lack of exploration and the characters

>mfw battle theme
I'm dying

It was shit.

>Who are you trying to impress?

It's a quote from the game, retard.

Happy fireworks festival!

Boom! Hahahah, ya!? Look at those grease-blasted sandmonkeys explode!

I played through the game at least 5 times.
I think I'd know if it was from the game shithead

>never reached home

Wakka said some pretty messed up shit man. There was a real change of tone in the game just before that part. I mean, "A Spira without Sin is meaningless until we do away with the Al-bhed menace threatening the future of our race, ya?" what were they even thinking.

>fucking frogposter typing all that bullshit

don't ever fucking reply to my posts again

Never played the game

So does that guy try to rape and kill Rikku?

ok

>I liked it

Best combat in the FF series and the grid system is good.

Tied with FFIV for the worst story not only in FF, but all of gaming. The entire pilgrimage and Yuna could be taken out of the game and Tidus' role would still be the same. Love story is worse than FFVIII, as if that was possible. Locations, while beautiful, are linear and pointless to explore. Half the music is great and the other half is entirely forgettable.

Becaise FFX removed a lot of non linear features and related activities. You're just following a story instead of exploring a world. That is a big difference.

It's probably the most underrated Final Fantasy.

It's an interesting one in the cannon of the series, as it's simultaniously the last GOOD FF and the first BAD FF. (FF12 is a weird outlier)

It's the last game in the series to feature the majority of the original creative team, and, in my opinion, the last game in the series to really TRY in all aspects, not just presentation.

It's also the first game in the series to feature a lot of stuff we generally consider bad about the series, including hyper-linearity, and an emphasis on story and graphics over gameplay.

In my opinion, it IS a good game, though. It's the only JRPG I can play through more than twice, without being required to to get the good ending, or whatever.

The only thing that i find wrong with this game is the art direction.
what the fuck nomura.