youtube.com/watch?v=GIn8_Q27WFY
youtube.com/watch?v=x7WrkfOxNIk
youtube.com/watch?v=053CMsCnmHg
youtube.com/watch?v=sqV78L6a0QM
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rhydon_(Pokémon)#Trivia
youtube.com/watch?v=RF9L5hZDBqE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Karp soup, sure

A good deal, you can get a magikarp long before you get the old rod, and have a gyardos early in the game.

>Early gyarados

Why not?

Gyarados is one of the coolest pokemon in the game so it's worth it.

shit game design

It takes a good amount of effort but getting a Gyarados that early just makes the game play itself.

What's so good about gyrados anyway?

Very high attack an general stat layout for an early and even mid game pokemon. Also a surfer that functions as more than an HM slave.

Nothing

>Buy
>Equip with exp share
>Put in front and then switch out first turn
>Gyarados before koga

Feh, I could give the boy a better deal. My freshly-caught Magikarp go for the low price of 400 Pokédollars!

Some people pick their favorite pokemon for their party, user. It's not always about the best.

I don't know what gyrados is but Magikarps evolution Gyarados is a pretty nice moveset

>before koga
Bro Magikarp evolves at level 20, you should have it by Lt Surge

>not just grinding in Mt.Moon and having a gyarados before misty

Or you could catch a 'Karp with Tackle. Better yet, catch a Gyrados that's less then Lv20.

high attack mon when Bite was normal type and normal type was the second most viable type in the game. Gyarados was eh in gen III though.

Really, who cares about all that stat shit. All Pokémon games are easy

I would place the lv20 threshold sometime after Surge. Rock Tunnel, maybe?

wouldn't be available until a few badges later. Buying that magikarp gives you a gyarados by the time you get to Misty's gym.

Nope. Misty's pokemon are like level 20 and by that point you should have at least a few level 18 pokemon.

>buy magikarp
>grind in mt moon
>gyarados before leaving
>high attack high speed
>one shot everyone except lt surge

If you think it's a bad deal you don't know shit about pokemon.

Why?

If you don't care then why did you even ask?

I buy it. What do you take me for, a poorfag?

It wasn't really meant to be answered, it was a rhetorical question

>buy pokeballs for 200 each
>fish up magikarp by the dozen with an old rod
>fly back to pewter and sell for 150% profit

What a racket

Supply and demand dude. You're saving them a trip and they don't have an old rod. Totally fair and equitable economic transaction.

whenever i evolve a gyarados from a magikarp, it just will not learn trash
what do

What was the point of /vp/?

Bought that nigga and i evolved it

Some people enjoy playing the game by having their pokemon at around the same level rather than just leveling their starter

I've not bothered to play any pokemon to completion since they seem incessantly boring by the third gym, so I've never known this one single thing, is it possible to actually run out of money, as in there's simply no more money to find in the world since trainer fights are finite.

>replaying yellow
>mfw these obscenely shitty level up moves

I train full teams of six Pokemon as soon as possible, swapping in new members when I find something I want to use. If I'm remembering the level progression right, I'd expect to be in the lv12-15 range against Misty

Back then you actually had to balance the strenghts into a team.
It isn't like pokemon games nowadays that let everyfucker learn grass knots and close combat.

Misty's starmie is level 21. It'll probably OHKO most of your shit if you're going in at level 15.

>grinding Mt. Moon to lvl21 when everything there is lvl 7

It only attacks with Bubblebeam and Tackle to my recollection. Either use Bulbasaur, who will definitely take it at that level range, or catch an Oddish or two. Or use Potions and X items if you're desperate. Pikachu is definitely too frail though, I usually dump it around this point in the game if I'm using one

Starmie is a brutal fucker in Gen 1 too if I remember right.

I did a no grinding outside of trainer battles run, misty was one of the hardest to defeat, but manageable thanks to the oddish and bellsprout in the area, growth is a godsend.

It's not that hard man. Especially if you put him in front for every trainer.

It's basically a late game pokemon. That arrives before the third gym. It's the third pokemon after your starter and Nidowhatever that you can solo with but just as useful as your starter (or more if you chose Bulbasaur)

Watching the WoW think blow up in Ross' face was so cathartic. It was supposed to be a promo for the game but just became a shitshow exemplifying what makes every member of the channel shitty

>$4.89 for a super powered fish that's smart enough to follow orders

Fuck yeah I would buy it are you kidding me

Which version are you playing?

>Battle Frontier or whatever of the game
>Easy

If you didnt get your starter to its third evolution before the end of Mt.Moon you are a pleb.

>'Karp

You're the same type of loser who types out "eh" "meh" and "heh", aren't you?

>not ditching your overpowered starter for bug types
who's the pleb now

>He grinded for 5 hours in a pokemon game
Fucking retard. I bet you think that was hardcore.

>he doesn't know about leech seed + toxic

Why bother when you can kill everything in two hits (usually one) with anything else?

If you could be a pokemon for a day, who would you be and why?

rate my team lads

>Dragonite at the Pokemon League
For how long did you farm ?

>Not delaying your starter's evolution so it learns its abilities earlier

>Pidgeot

If you happened to find a not dumb kid with either chansey, mewtwo or slowbro, it was pretty hard to do that

Round two with the league, huh? Aside from Pidgeot I respect your picks. Level range?

He's obviously at the league for the second time, I mean, if it was his first he'd have a Growlithe instead of Arcanine

lol this post

>using Chansey
>in gen 1

it was the second time

>if pokemans were real and we were in kanto region

I do my teams by favorites, regardless of how effective it is.

pidgeot is best bird

I want to go back to golden days /vp/.

all level 100

in gen 1 it's bullshit-ly good.

since it's special attack+defense were one stat and it was fucking high compared to after it was split, no matter what type of attack you used it destroyed.

>Special hadn't been divided into S.Atk and S.Def
Chansey was a monster in gen 1.

vp is so boring i dont know how people can post there apart from pokegirl worship

>post your """""shouldermon""""" (?)
>post your bro Pokemon!
>guys how can we stop genwunners?

>Massive HP
>Better special than fucking charizard

Bet you never looked at the stats menu

>Jolteon

Muh niggah. As a side I like Flareon's design but fuck his moveset.

We're only three pokemon apart brethren.

best tier
>vaporeon

great tier
>jolteon
>flareon
>espeon
>umbreon

whatever tier
>the others

reddit tier
>sylveon

The delivery for when kids who spent all their time leveling up magikarp, which was bulltshit hard in blue, without knowing what it evolves to and they get a giant badass sea dragon

It was different in early 2010-2012
People actually played the games, posted streams, talked about shit with passion.
Now everybody just wants to cause fucking drama and shitposting. If you try and point out flaws in the games, they all get mad and tell you to fuck off back to Cred Forums.

I think the only reason Magikarp got the fame it got was from the anime episode where James kicked his and it evolved. Also I remember seeing Dragon Rage in the anime and thinking it was the most badass shit ever until I got it in game and realized it only did 40 damage no matter what.

t. furry

>2 water pokemon
>No electric
Vanilla as fuck, but not too bad otherwise.

God damn Vaporeon gets so much attention.

gen 1 gyarados had an atk of 125 and a special of 100 so it was one of the earliest possible mixed attackers you could get

Vapreon doesn't have fur.

In gen one he had a huge attack for a water type. Generally you want to bait their electric type with a flyer, sweep their electric, then tear ass with a GDos

>Implying you know bad teams
My very first team was

Charizard
Pidgeot
Zapdos
Gyrados
Dragonite
Articuno

If I had friends to battle with I would've gotten FUCKED by anyone with a half decent electric type.

The show always made the moves from the games so much more cool even though they were shit in the games

But he said it wasn't meant for (you)s

N-NANI?!

>gyrados is water/flying but doesn't learn a single flying move

he should be water/dragon or just pure water that has the levitate ability

also,
ninetales needs to get fixed they gave it the shittest stats in the entire franchise and charizard needs to be fire/dragon

Furries also want to fuck dragons, birds and sea animals. That doesn't mean they aren't furries.

>Dragon Rage in the anime
>Creates huge ass storms and waterspouts and typhoons and sends everyone flying
>Dragon Rage in the game
>40 damage that's rendered obsolete by the halfway point of the game.

Eh. I'll take it, but it's kind of a hassle to level the thing up to 20.

Well Okay but I am not a furry.

>Charizard is x4 susceptible to stealth rock
>With his already shitty defensive stats

But he can avoid Earthquake guys

>get a cat
>match wardrobe to cat's fur
>dye and style hair to cat's fur
>change name to match cat
>convince siblings to do the same with their cats
>go around telling people how great your cat is

terrible characters

How Vapeoreon's trainer get his hair like that?

Ninetails got fixed by getting the drought ability
Charizard wouldn't be weak to water with dragon, and got a dragon type mega evo
Gyarados learns bounce for flying move and the flying type and the flying type is to make it 4x weak to electric giving it a credible weakness

Pokemon anime is just a toy advertisement, calm your tits.

Their sister and her sylveon tho

I fuckin hate sylveon and most of the XY mons.

charizard and gyrados are both in the top 5 of fan favorite pokemon so why not make them powerful and awesome

it's a single player game for 10 year olds it doesn't need to be super balanced

Glaceon isn't the worst thing in the world. Leafeon is just lazy, they could've tried a bit harder with that one. Sylveon is fucking cancer and it's the ribbon that ruins it more than anything else.

Magikarp is a pain to level.

It was "the best" in gen 1, after all.

it's almost impressive how shit this list is

serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml

i hate literally every pokemon on it apart from fennekin but then i remember what fennekin evolves into and get mad. modern pokemon designs are shit and i don't care what /vp/ megadorks have convinced themselves.

You can just beat the Elite Four over and over for cash

Sylveon is trap pandering
He is mostly male and looks female, they knew exactly what they were doing with it.

Gyarados is still among the most powerful and useful pokemons in the game, its flying type actually HELPS it in this regard by giving him a ground type immunity
Charizard's mega evos (it has 2 of them) are among the most powerful in the game

Isn't it still the most powerful eeveelution? It's was also utterly dominant in PokemonGo

Gyrados is already powerful and Charizard does its job in being a glass cannon. Especially now that both have Megas and you can either turn Charizard into a physical beast with X or into a fucking special attack bomb with Y.

they didn't know that then

>its a single player game for ten year olds

you have not played pokemon in the last 5 years

Have you ever looked at the CP growths in Go? No matter what you do Vaporeon will ALWAYS get the highest growths. Aside for Jolteon's DPS there's almost no reason to every go with the other two.

Not in the newer versions, they added a machine that allows you to refight trainers.
And there is always the Elite 4.
In the old ones though, if you somehow lost then you could be stuck, specially if some asshole traded your best mons out of your game and then traveled to some high leveled zone, you would be trapped there forever.

>hating Tyrantrum
>liking fucking Fennekin

Either a girl or a fag with shit taste.

I don't play pokemon go, but since it's based entirely on gen1 pokes that makes sense.

For Eevee nowadays I'm fond of using Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Espeon. I want to try out Glaceon or Leafeon in my current Platinum run though.

>specially if some asshole traded your best mons out of your game and then traveled to some high leveled zone
Speaking from experience?

without any metagame rules the strongest is espeon (by virtue of a supremely bullshit baton pass chain ending up with it as final)
otherwise its a tie between vaporeon and jolteon

>replay sapphire via AS
>mfw mudkip doesn't learn a water move besides water gun until lvl 40

No, but I have read stories of anons doing that to others, rented pokemon games back then to clear them out of pokemon and then they gave them back with level 5 caterpies stuck i the league.

The best Eeveelution in Gen 1 was actually Jolteon. You're talking about Pokemon Go.

meh, water types don't need moves given surf is omnipresent

Nope.

so im playing platinum now for the first time now that im done with HG

rate my team lads

They stopped trying after the Gen I Eevees.

Go back there to suck GF cock, faggot.

Vapreon was dominant in Gen 1. But Jolteon was really really good as well. In fact, with pin missle, Jolteon was the best bug pokemon in gen 1

If Swampert's special attack wasn't shit I would agree with you.

>Everyone says Alakazam is OP in Gen1
>Gengar is objectively better

if you lose even a single game with that team you should officially kill yourself

Prove it if you're so justified.

This is what I did.

Gyrados saving my ass in the Rock Tunnel.

Score.

I've always thought Espeon looked cool. I can't imagine a better "psychic eevee". But Glaceon and Leafeon are a bit lazy, and Sylveon just looks awful.

Payday attack can generate you some money as well.

Magnezone is a fucking monster as long as it doesn't get fucking destroyed by an earthquake.

I don't even own a smartphone.

10/10 for infernape
Fuck why is infernape so sick

Post good pokémon soundtracks

youtube.com/watch?v=6x1uOpbjnF0

well given its RSE and every single water move is special based you're better off just sticking to ground moves

It is gyarados not gyrados, kill yourself.

Magnemite line REALLY should have levitate

would be pretty much the best ability for them to receive and it would make perfect sense given all of them fly

youtube.com/watch?v=465uaHc-r6A

They learn Magnet Rise, that sort of counts right?

I've actually been breezing through the game. Only weak part of the team imo is Togekiss, I don't like him.

Magnet Rise usually saves him. If his ability was "levitate" then he'd by the GOAT.

youtube.com/watch?v=GIn8_Q27WFY

great music shitty character

but then you're stuck with trash special based ground moves until you find the earthquake TM

True, but the whole line is pretty slow so any moderately fast shitter with Earthquake can kill him before he can use magnet rise.

>not knowing that magikarp is the most OP piece of shit in the game

nah, magnet rise is never worth a move slot

then again electric/steel without that 4x ground weakness would make for a pretty nasty defensive wall

That's a pretty sad list tbqh. I only like the grass/ghost pokemons and the butterfly.

How can one lil nigga be so based?

How can other pokemon compete?

RSE: every single ground move is physical

Is it Hustle Togekiss or Serene Grace Togekiss?

Serene Grace Togekiss can Thunderwave then make them Flinch all day.

If it was your first run through Platinum, I'd say next time train up a Starly, Staraptor is ridiculous for what you thought was originally a Fly Slave.

Lost it at the bit about Gyarados. 10/10

Didn't they bring the KH composer in to do that theme?

Those were the days.

>not buying it

It's like you fags don't want to 100% the game

>Muh T-Rex
This is the only argument X and Y fags have for Gen 6 being good.

He's the worst of his evolution line.

>umbreon

edgy

Say it again and he'll fuck your bitch.

It's like 2009 Smogon all over again

I approve

I didn't know which Eevee to get but I wanted to use one. I picked Umbreon but kind of regret it. He basically has no attack powers and is just a giant wall of health that I distract the enemy with while I use revives on other Pokemon.

aw fuck I'm retarded and need to sleep
disregard this

Kek, go to bed, retard.

>Had a Gengar on my G1 team
>Leveled to 100 without rare candies
>Had over 300 speed and special by the end

>Had a level 100 Haunter and Kadabra

None of my friends played it

>tfw had a level 100 pidgeot in pokemon yellow

fuckin love pidget bros

>Actually caught them all
>8 year old cousin deletes my save

And I'm not bullshitting you. That really happened. I never played Red again after that

the artist begged and sucked dick for him to be good in every generation, that's why

Pidgeot is actually bad, tyou onlylike him because the anime forced it, dodrio is way better.

I caught them all in silver and yellow, at least the ones you can get by yourself.
The battery died out.

Fuck you
As someone who trained caterpies and weedles because the evolved fast and I though that was awesome, it still hurts that they were so shat on

I'll do it later.

I really like how the worst flying pokemon in the entire game is also the rarest in farfetch'd

but yeh dodrio is pretty good: fast, nice attack stat and learns 2 powerful moves through leveling up (drill peck and tri-attack)

At least Beedrill got a Mega. Butterfree got and still gets fucks all

thats not just any magikarp, its a SWELL magikarp

Who would want to miss such a deal?

>mfw this still happens in pokemon go

butterfree has pseudo-spore with its accuracy boosted sleep powder

before it got a mega, butterfree was in every possible way superior to beedrill

Arbok is dragon?

He's the worst of his evolution line.

I remember being there for like an hour trying to catch it in my last replay of yellow, like 5 years ago.
It got incredibly tedious, I don't know how my teenage self loved this shit in the first run, like 15 years ago. Being 30 is unreal.

It was a shiny

Fearow is better in G1 because it can actually learn Flying type moves before level 30.

Why people says that $500 is a scam? I tried catching a magikarp and I spent minimum 3 pokeballs.
That's 100 more poke cash dollars than buying it from this old man.
I don't get it.

Sleep+poking him with your weakest mon should put him down in a single ball

>tfw can't force self to play pokemon games without spending obscene amounts of time planning out what I'm going to do.
>so much so that I pretty much spend more time planning than playing.
Help.

I looked up shiny abra and had to read the file names to confirm which one is which. The fuck?

By the time you get the rod, your pokemons already are way too strong to catch them.
Unless you take the fucking effort to train a low level catcher, it will suck.
It is not worth it, unless you have no issue about time.

I don't know what is a pretty nice moveset but Magikarp's evolution Gyarados has a pretty nice movepool

Totally worth it. After all, it is a magic karp.

try a nuzlocke run
it screws with planning

a third are legitimate complaints
another third are intentional game design
and a further third are bugs that make the game better

>saying that
>while posting one of the best XY designs
I exploded into laughter when I first laid my eyes on Binacle in the game. Barbaracle is awesome, fucks bitches and gives no shits.

Moltres
Zapdos
Articuno

.Yep, it's in the Dragon Egg Group, probably because Snakes are Reptiles. It's also in the Field Egg Group.

>He can't appreciate the beauty of R/B/Y GUST.

I wish there was a short video of GUST's animation and sound effect so I could jack off to it.

sure why not

Who the hell doesn't play around with low level mons to level them, isn't the tag line catchemall
I've usually got some level 10 or so that I'm training to add his evolution to the dex

I hate bird pokemons, they are always weak or useless.

Did you know that every time your stats get recalculated mid-battle(because of an X Item, or a boosting move), the 1.125x stat bonuses that some badges confer are reapplied and stack on top of themselves?

Man, Bulbasaur is really cute, a shame he is the worst starter.

>Disable disables
>Mimic mimics
What seems to be the problem here?

Everything is weaker in the anime though. If a meowth and 2 humans can survive all those "devastating" attacks and not even pass out, you know how weak it really is.

>thunderbolt
>hyper beam
>blizzard
>bubblebeam

gen 1 had the best attack animations and sounds

Staraptor and Smogonbird are great.

>smogonbird

I actually thought of a Flying type Koffing, which got me thinking that this game doesn't have any kind of Poison Bird. The closest is the Zubat Line.

well most birds aren't poisonous

>All Pokémon games are easy
Play some Mystery Dungeon and beat Zero Isle. Then we can talk.
youtube.com/watch?v=x7WrkfOxNIk

Pokemon stopped paying attention to logic ages ago.

Well, most birds can't breathe fire but that hasn't stopped them from giving us a few.

Now that you guys mention it, I've never really wanted another Poison/Flying type but I want to see one now, it could be interesting.

we already got a poison flying type and a pretty good one at that (crobat is awesome)

and a phoenix is a pretty common myth, poisonous birds not that much

>Using Agility would completely negate the Speed loss from Paralysis
>Using a move that increases your speed offsets moves that decrease your speed
WTF I HATE POKEMON NOW

Seriously, it has never been good, and doesn't really have anything to offer if you are over the age of like 10

The "Drake Sword" of Pokemon

Or is the Drake Sword the "Gyarados" of Dark Souls?

Neither of those are correct considering magikarp isn't an instant payout.

>just fuck my shit up

fuck prankster and serene grace

There's a clear difference between buffs/debuffs & ailments, user.

This is almost the equivalent of putting a flame orb on a mon with guts. Before abilities and held items were even a thing.

This is still relevant, if you know where to look in College.

Squirtle! Use Ice Beam on that Dragon/Flying fucker!

>Drake Sword
>Easy to get, becomes worthless halfway through the game
>Gyarados
>Requires some semblance of time and effort to get, stays respectable throughout the rest of the game.

pokemon was boring as fuck in grade school.

>tfw I am ROCKET GRUNT

If possible I would throw in Mawile and Duskull so I can be a special snowflake.

By the time Dragonite is a thing Dragon Rage isn't really a killer move anymore thanks to its locked damage.

will dragonkiller be on your team?

What high school was this
My school had a special pokemon section of the cafetorium, like "don't take these seats unless you're here to fight or trade"

Well I was trying to complete the dex as I went.

Gyarados curbstomped in early gens.
>drawing him in pokemon tcg
>mfw

Apparently every other one but yours

Post the other two where they laugh at his evos

Did your high school ban game boys?

it doesn't offset it, it negates it AND applies the speed boost after, so it like you're not paralyzed at all

Lots of highschools. By that point people stopped caring about whether something was childish or not.

Hell, guys from the football team were trading around Pokemon cards.

Literally grind up Gyarados everytime

your starter is the drake sword of pokemon

Nah but certain teachers would give you shit even though phones were allowed.

it'll probably be too slow to take care of decent dragon types

Well Cred Forums?

>tfw most of the sports teams played Runescape as well
Shame they were too normie to play on the weekends.
which gen we talking?
Because most starters have excellent scaling.

No joke, our basketball captain and like half the cheer squad were busted for a racket trading cigarettes for yugioh cards

they all always stay useful (except chikorita) but so does the drake sword

you can brainlessly use both for the duration of their game but if you try to do it in PvP or NG+ you're gonna get shit on

regular ninetales is really fast

>Sun/Moon

7.5/10

not bad. rate my team pls.

I wish it was Ghost

>lures children to put it on and strangles them to eat their souls

That would not be comfy.

not bad.

8/10

There is a lot of unnerving pokemon descriptions though.
We still don't care, because it is all about comrades, great journey and being the very best.

As a kid I always thought that Rhydon and Nidoking/queen were related.

They share the same sprite in game, in r/b.

youtube.com/watch?v=053CMsCnmHg

got nostalgia hard from hearing this for the first time. felt like a kid going on a adventure again.

Get out normie

Hope you like wearing a Hazmat suit.

Soul Dew Latios or Mega Latios?

This picture is still amazing, there's no wrong answer there.

heh... maybe kid..

didn't that episode make it clear magikarp are virtually inedible?

I played rby, s/g and their remakes then black and white.
Fuck the other games.

My first game was Crystal, so I guess I just saw them and thought they were cousins or something.

>but so does the drake sword
It really doesn't, that's what makes these comparisons wrong.

>not going fast a fuck and battling leaders underleveled, while praying that your fuckers are fast enough to do their move

youtube.com/watch?v=sqV78L6a0QM

Fuck yeah, 500 for an early game Gyrados? Sign me up!

Nope, the right one is rhydon, he was the first to be designed.

Thanks bra. I made it like 2 years ago.

>Ampharos and Typhlosion/10

muh nigga.

gyarados is really cool

Nope, the right one is Bulbasaur, he's the first in the PokeDex

Yeah, that was literally right before they lept at it after they got fucked by dragon rage.

>Ash and gang just leaving team rocket to drown knowing full well they have zero water pokemon
>they literally died, and would have been left there had it not been for goldeen
early pokemon was pretty grim.

buy it every time

Staraptor would like to have a word with you.

Red and Blue were glitchy, film at eleven. That entire list is >NOT MUH

The frown looks like shit.

not to mention James trying to eat his own pokemon, then kicking it out after he couldn't eat it

he deserved that Gyarados attack

Team Rocket used guns in the old anime in some censored episode though, so it was fitting they would have left them to die user.
I mean, you wouldn't save some motherfucker that puts a gun in your skull, right?

Worst starter
Welfare shiny
Ugly Eevolution
Generic firedog

No thx

He also kicked mankey
James was such a shitter.

dont you about you but, pokemon fad died pretty hard after R/S/E here.

olny the biggest nerd and autist would still play it.

why didn't he take his pet growlithe with him again?

There's even earlier episodes before the dratini one with guns that was apparently okay.
Obviously, but the anime being as campy as it was, still had some pretty dark moments.

but that one regenerated

Giovanni shattering those magmar was vastly more brutal

Still a clean cut through a living arbok. With a zombie decomposing Psyduck in the back.

>"Look after mommy and daddy, growlie" or something like that
But really it was because it was a part of his posh life he wanted nothing to do with.

>filename
I had a giggle m8

C

fuck me for knowing.

But Mew was the first pokemon to be oficially a pokemon

Arceus is fucking extra in there

I buy it just so I don't waste my time capturing it.

/vp/ and generals fucking suck.

How the fuck were you leveling it?

Is Pokemon worth it these days? I played Red and Yellow and Pinball back in the day, and later a bit of Emerald on an emulator but didn't finish it. Would picking up... whatever the fuck version is out now for 3DS be worth it?

Wait I thought Bulbasaur was spelled with an s

Actually, a lot of theories say that Mew might have created Arceus, and then Arceus created Mew.

Mew is the Pokemon that created all Pokemons. Arceus is the Pokemon that created the universe.

Play black and white, they appeal to the first players.
Or try your hand at fire red/green leaf for updated rby or heart gold/souls silver if you want something new.

I would start playing HeartGold/SoulSilver on an emulator and seeing if it sparks renewed interest in the franchise for you.

Arceus is a Pokemon that created everything
Mew is the genetic ancestor of all Pokemon(Pokemon lore is anything but consistent)
Rhydon was the first to be designed
Bulbasaur is the first in the PokeDex.

No.
stick with 1-3 + the bw2 overhauls with all pokemon

Emulate soul silver/heart gold or black/white 2

Its the definition of a meme
>le weak fish becomes epic badass dragon snake
Its not even that good which is the funny thing, literally any other water type, even Seaking, is better

It is, I just made a mistake when I made the image back then. Zaur is expected, saur is the real one.

It's enjoyable but I wouldn't play one right after another too much tedium.

Spinoffs are what I wish we had more of. Conquest is a good game and Mystery Dungeon kicks ass.

Try one of the DS games. Maybe Platinum or BW to get acquainted with the new mons, or HGSS if you want a nostalgia trip.
If you can, try out XY on 3ds. They're a bit easier and have a ton of old and new Pokemon to catch.

This

That's a trope, not a meme.

Put it up front of every trainer battle. When it gets tackle, let it eat some wild mons just before Misty's gym

you should try platinum. if you dont like it, than the series is not for you.

>trope
>>>/tvtropes/

Tropes are memes though. Also, it's a Japanese legend that if a Carp get over a waterfall, he becomes a dragon.

Mew is the first trademarked
Rhy don is the first hex number

Arceus is a neo-pokemon fucker

you do realize magikarp/ gyrados is based on real jap lore right?

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rhydon_(Pokémon)#Trivia
>First to be designed

>Gen 1
>Battle Frontier

>non-main games

some fucking retards in this thread, holy shit

Also it's the first index number

just saiyan

this motherfucker carried my ass in my fire red nuzlocke

You can buy pokemons in Nutlocke? I thought it was against the rules of "You can only capture the first pokemon you encounter in a zone"

>t. sperg

>I write like a retard
>Don't correct me
Kill yourself, faggot.
>inb4 I was b8

Yeah I know the whole karp leaping over the waterfall thing, but its still a shit pokemon when its evolved despite its edgy look.

simply epic

Take your meds

Cool mspaint/html editing skills

>being this delusional
Really, take your meds. Overdose on them while you're at it.

You're retarded. Butterfree is the Drake Sword of Pokemon.

Cred Forums you're so fucking stupid when it comes to Pokemon, good grief.

Would have preferred a swol magikarp desu senpai.

you'd be stupid not to buy it

>Zaur is expected

No? Why the fuck would it be zaur?

It's clearly going off dinosaur, with an 'S'. What the fuck is a zaur?

You're dumb.

Poliwrath > Gyarados

It's swell. Which means SUPER WELL.

Well, Cred Forums?

Hydro Punp and Ice Beam had the sexiest sound effects.

Which pokegirl has bestfeet

Politoed>Poliwrath

>gen II in a gen I thread

>emulating Ruby on phone because bored
>tfw can't get to the fourth member of the League

I have a Swampert, Groudon, Gyarados (low lvl though, leveling him), Kadabra (same as Gyros), Slaking and Pelipper

Help

youtube.com/watch?v=RF9L5hZDBqE

Rock Slide is the fuckin best gen 1

Ok b8 fag.

Who else here found this on their own?

People has been posting all gens, if little.

It's a zed sound in french. Zaur.

I never had stadium and I coudn't go to the event where they gave him, so I never saw the mini game.
I still haven't.

I was too dumb to catch a metapod & evolve it to butterfree, so I just grided pikachu up to lvl 20 when it learns slam before i beat brock.

The rest of the game wasn't a challenge at all.

gameshark bro

did this every single time
bit of a shame that leveling it took so fucking long

what in the hell

I haven't played the TCG in a while, this looks retarded.

Pokemon EX are extremely strong but give out 2 prize cards when they die. This card won the tournement this year because it countered the meta.
The pokemon TCG is actually extremely balanced game wise.

just git gud, teach them some tm's and you'll find a way. Pokemon AI sucks
I just came out of a sapphire nuzlocke where I beat all of them using a plusle and a ninjask (both lv 48)

>Tropes are memes
Uh, no. Tropes usually refer to cliches in media, while memes are basically anything that goes viral on the internet

No.
Meme come from Memetic, which is the behavior exhibited when somebody copies or repeat something that somebody else did.
Monkey see, monkey do is literally how memes are made.

Tropes are memes, and most of civilizations are founded on memes. Language is a meme for example.

Tropes are simply repeating the same thing you saw somebody else do, like making the hero have a giant plot armor or what ever.

Memes are literally a part of your brain, and are why you copy behaviors from other humans you encounter. It's a survival mechanism. If he ate the fruit, then the fruit is good to eat.

But Sun/Moon looks really good

this
having a immortal normal attacker against misty is OP as fuck

Not for me.
I don't like XY either though.

Misty is really easy bruh.

that looked pretty easy to me. all he did is run around.

Magikarp taste like shit

yes, especially with a gyarados

a pretend-roguelike with auto-digging at no apparent cost, auto lv-100 and stair indicator

how is this in any way hard?

He's as good as pokemon 10 levels higher than it, also Dragon Rage

That user said that all pokemon games were easy. And last time I checked non main games are included when someone says the word 'all'.
he leveled up that Palkia to lvl 100 and gave him full iq points. But I guess that makes it look pretty easy.

>charizard needs to be fire/dragon

Friendly reminder the coconut tree became a legit dragon without being an edgelord Pokemon with an even edgier evolution.

I love it.

why doesnt espeon get any recognition? its literally the best looking one there.

>If Swampert's special attack
It's decent enough ingame it sp.att stat isn't that bad that it is totally unusable.

>tfw replaying gen 1 and realizing how terrible it is

I think /vp/ was right.

>play every game with the rule that I can only catch the first pokemon I ncounter in a new area
>somehow always end up with a gengar in my team
I think they like me

I love the shitty sprite work of R/B.

That pidgey from behind is comfy shitty pixel art.

So you have a godawful team because you spent the whole game killing everything with your starter alone.

That's cute, that's what I did when I was 8 playing Pokemon Red.

Retard.

fucking ruined

If we're going by looks, Flareon wins every time

Is that a Z-Move, or did Wood Hammer just get a lot more lethal looking?

It's the Hat of Discipline.

Looks like Wood Hammer, the Grass Z-Move is called Bloom Doom.

Though, some pokemon are going to have unique Z-Moves, so it could be Exeggutor's.

>be a good goy and get pokemon bank
>import my shittons of mews and jirachis that I cloned all the way back in Emerald
>Daisy chain them all the way from platinum to Y version
>Find out I can't import my Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus that I caught myself through glitch methods
>"It's okay, surely my mews and jirachis will let me get them again"
>Find out that you can't trade them on the GTS even though you can ask for them in trades you post

What is even the goddamn point?

But that would literally every single ghost pokemon
>"X is a lost soul"
>"It seeks souls of X"
>"Its powered by SOULS"

Oh yeah, that thing exists
Shame hardly anybodies going to actually bother with it

It's a comfy pokemon

>gen 1
>shiny

suck my double dick you flaming faggot. espeon is the best of the fucking bunch

Battle Frontier/Tower/Subway straight up cheats though, it knows your team layout and specifically sends shit to fuck with you.

Like in Gen 5 I used a Garchomp, Metagross, and Gengar a lot to sweep the Battle Subway and you wouldn't believe how many Mamoswines I had to deal with.

>managed to finally catch an Abra after the teleporting bullshit
>raise to a Kadabra
>kept leveling it hoping for an Alakazam
>had it to level 60
>didn't realize it needed to be traded to evolve
I should have just settled for a Hypno

Starmie is pretty bullshit to have to deal with that early. Well as bullshit as Pokemon can get anyways.

>not indian elephants

Aerodactyl used to be one of my favorite Pokemon.

Thanks to the Battle Maison I die a little on the inside every time I see it now.

>Gen 1
>People saying how good gyarados is
>Mfw Jolteon
I don't think I've ever gotten hit by one of them during the story in any game since I almost always have an fast electric type.

I always thought Drowzees were awesome but Hypnos looked retarded

aerodactyl is still one of my favorite pokemon. good old aero double edging everything. i had no idea at the time how fast he was. i just thought he was a slow shitter until i looked at his stats and he had over 300 speed

what the fuck are these search results google

Hypno is way better retard.

Will you box your starters in Alola?

I've been doing it for a while and it has been pretty damn fun

>Will you box your starters in Alola?

yeah i'll shelf pokemon before i've even used them

makes sense friend

Whenever I get around to playing X/Y, I'll be doing that. Fucking awful, the lot of them. As for S/M, Grass owl looks all right but only because the other two are so shit.

no. even when i replay with meme pokemon i still keep my starter
>playing gen 3 remakes with trap pokemon
M(ale)ILF here was surprisingly good.

this guy looks like an attractive Rich Evans

>stats and movepool are all that matters!

>stats and movepool are all that matters!

huh?

>the main points of the pokemon don't matter
Are you just one of those aestheticfags who actually use trashmons just because "they look good"?

if litten turns into tony the tiger then i will most certainly box him

Misty is a fucking beast in Gen 1. I had an easier time against Giovanni than against her fucking Starmie with Attack Plus

>yeah i'll shelf pokemon before i've even used them

It's perfectly acceptable if you don't like the way they look or want a challenge because starters are generally really good

No, but even if a mon is top-tier, if I don't like it, it isn't fun for me to use

There are enough options available to find a Pokémon that's both good and to your liking

>calling gyarados edgy

Is there anything you people won't call edgy?

>It's perfectly acceptable if you don't like the way they look or want a challenge because starters are generally really good

but i don't have either of those reasons

why did you register me as a retard

>challenge in pokemon

i think you might just be a hipster friend

Hey, don't lump us all in with that faggot

>but i don't have either of those reasons
I didn't say you did. Guess you really are retarded.

>i think you might just be a hipster friend
Nuzlocke runs, for example, on the first playthrough could be challenging, and one could certainly do such a run while boxing their starter. I'm aware Pokémon has never been all that hard and it's only getting easier, but that doesn't mean you can't play in such a way that adds difficulty

>I didn't say you did. Guess you really are retarded.

yeah but you started saying shit about move sets and stats when i never even mentioned those friend

what did you mean by that?

>yeah i'll shelf pokemon before i've even used them
This implies that the aesthetics of a Pokémon and how they appeal to a player is irrelevant because the stats and movepool could be good

From an objective standpoint, sure, how well the Pokémon performs is all that matters, but we're talking about playing a game, and many people find it more fun to use Pokémon they like than ones they don't.

Unless of course you were saying that and just ignoring the possibility that wanted to box the starter purely for enhancing gameplay, which is indeed retarded as he indicated that was the reason.

Gaybreon is the best pokemon.
Mewbreon a shit.
Arcaninebreon can get fucked

Most ghosts aren't real

Currently playing Pokemon Stadium 2 R2

I'm having a good time

>Alola Exeggutor is a dragon

>M'GengarEX

jesus christ, what an abomination of a card

They looked so much better during gen II's sets

Nuzlocke has a bunch of optional side rules like whether or not legendaries are allowed or whether you can use Pokemon traded to NPCs or ones that you can buy.

Well it's the first pokemon you encounter in that pokemon center :^)
Also I think you can avoid all the grass on that route if you wanted the Magikarp specifically

That's why its called grinding.
It's not a quick sharpening

what said

chansey in gen 1 is better than chansey in the newer gens with eviolite and better than blissey in any gen

>this special card looks different from this normal card
you dont fucking say

>Ice beam spamming Chansey

the horror

Its still brutal, only held back by babby AI. Recovers, Psychics and almost every water typed special attack at its arsenal

>it's special so it's okay that it looks retarded
Is that what your parents say about you?

kek

Man you as basic as full price ugg boots sold at Kohls

>yeah well you look dumb
gg

gg ez