How is this game on PS4?

How is this game on PS4?

Last I played it was years ago in closed beta. Heavensword looks like it has neat updates too

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BcGbSMPAnhw?t=10m17s
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/304777-Square-Enix-Please-reconsider-putting-the-Native-American-war-bonnet-attire-in-game.
youtube.com/watch?v=8JPfQb549Eo
youtube.com/watch?v=LnMW_oGq0zk
shofie-ffxiv.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Major patch coming in a little over a week so it'll be pretty alive for a while. It'll probably die back down in a couple of weeks tho.

It's shit.

It's ok on ps4. Way better than ps3. You still need a keyboard to type shit.

I was under the impression that it was always bustling with people. I'm sure it has enough people all year around.

When i give the game a go soon i hope i dont have difficulty playing since the accounts are linked to psn, and i have no idea what my user name or anything was for this game

Well I mean there are still usually people buzzing about but on patch days I get frame drops and I almost never have that happen. Stuff is ridiculously crowded around those times.

PS4 is like playing on a mid range PC. Basically 1080p@30FPS average.

You can even plug in a mouse or keyboard into the PS4 and play it like it was on PC.

so do you guys talk to strangers on mmos often

I talk with people I don't know in mentor chat all the time.

I say hello in dungeons and proceed to say nothing else, because that's all anyone ever does.

It's very rare that people actually strike up conversation in there and when they do, it doesn't even matter because they're all on different servers anyways.

Cross server party finder in 3.5 might do a bit to build some cross server community.

Did you guys ever have a really good friend you met on an mmo?
Only time I ever did was when I played Maple Story 8 hours a day. In hindsight I think that game drove me away from playing other mmos after i was done with it.
> Nexon's jew cash shop
> From no EXP to too much EXP after big bang
>getting ban for no reason

Guess I got off topic. I just want to be comfy again when I try FFXIV

it is dead

I do hope so.
I've met some good people through duties only to find out they weren't on my server

I've made really good friends on Mabinogi.
I still talk to to few of them daily and one of them just got XIV

Fuck this wow clone 1.0 was more unique and fun.

I'd rather play FFXI-2 (DQX) than this.

Please bring DQX over to the west you gook fucks.

Do not bring negative energy here, friend. I'm sure we are getting DQX in the west

>negative energy
You sound like a fag.

>You sound like a fag
I-is that a good thing?

Game revives for 2 weeks when a big patch hits then it dies for 4 months again because it has no replayability value and its combat is boring as fuck.

>dueling has no ilvl sync
>can only duel in one specific area in wolves den

>to spectate 2 other parties pvp, you have to make a third party then a bunch of command prompts to confirm it.

So there you can only pvp in one area? Or is that JUST for dueling?

for 1v1 it's in a section of the wolves pier only.

Currently spend 3-4 hours a night playing and voice chatting with a friend on XIV, she's a lot of fun.

Where does the line for a slutty outfit?

Does things like the Thavnairian and Southern swim suit count as slutty or is it just stuff like wearing a bikini and the whitemage outfit?

>1.0 was more unique

Certainly

>more fun

Certainly not

There is no line. Go all out.

This is the life I want again

I've always wanted a really close MMO buddy.

Sadly I'm not that social Online so I've never managed to make any friends in FFXIV...someday I will hopefully find a buddy tho.

>it's a PLD in shit gear on Brayflox's longstop episode
You are fucking fed gear constantly every step of the goddamn way, how are you wearing a level 15 robe?

I'll be your Final fantasy XIV buddy

I'm a girl by the way

tfw they will remove the only good 3.4 outfit because of sjw terrorists.

Post a picture of the outfit user

W-what server.

It's not nice to bully sad people user...

But thats cute. People complained avout it?

I regret moving to Balmung. I did so because I knew it'd be lively, but most people here who approach you are interested in RP, rightfully so I guess, which I'm not particularly into these days.

it's appropriating native american culture or something

don't worry, nothing will actually happen

You cant change servers freely?

And personally I dont mind roleplayers, just as long as they dont break character. I dont care if you're a fat hairy dude who acts like an anime girl, just dont break the wall

Out of state out of mind

What's the best EU server? I play on Odin but the server feels kind of boring so I thinking about transferring. I guess there's not any servers left with housing plots.

I don't get the hate for RP servers.

I never played an MMO in an RP server.

But wouldn't it be better than retards spamming memes in the general chat?

Ragnarok.

The problem with RP servers is that when it comes time to do actual content finding anyone worth a damn at the game is even harder than it is on a normal server

I met my best friend of like 10 years playing retail vanilla wow. We still talk on Steam daily and took flights to meet up half way between us and go for a hike once, was neat.

People just think that role-playing is cringey. Personally, I feel like they're what make MMOs enjoyable

The problem isn't RP. The problem is that RP tends to draw a certain type of person that loves tumblr and epic memes XD and they never shut the fuck up in shout chat. If you befriend them in any way, they will always update you on whatever awesome or hilarious thing their RP character has been up to.

What's your character name? I'm on Odin as well; we can bro-op some shit.

I had a friend on XI that talked in third person all the time. He kept sending his ERP tells to the linkshell too.

capital of UK

Someone on the official forums was whining about the head dress.

They got BTFO for 38 pages the last I saw, so I think we'll be ok.

Are you in game right now and if so where?

Post your characters

You do play as a girl dont you?

Damn it's at 38? I read through like 10 pages yesterday and it was at 22 or so. I'm glad most people weren't agreeing with them.

>Post your characters
No

>You do play as a girl don't you?
Of course

I miss the gay marriage threads.

It's 50 now, the OP even used the typical sjw strategy of playing the victim and pretending to have been threatened.

It's at 50 now.
Also what should I be doing before the next patch? I want to try out the new EX primal but I'm undergeared as shit.

Post yours first user, that's how it goes.

I don't have the game yet sorry

I just like seeing player characters

>You do play as a girl dont you?

I have a dragongirl summoner on one server and a male elezen dragoon on another.

I use the dragongirl to go into new content and trials blind so if I fuck up, nobody will speak up because it#s a girl. Going into new content as a male LOLDRG is too much pressure.

Spam the alexander son stuff and need on everything. That or buy a bunch of gil and buy the new crafted gear when the patch drops.

I'm actually surprised none here posts characters at all. Of course it should not be like the /vg/ threads with avatarfaggoting and such. But it's fun to see others characters sometimes.

You should see their second post in the thread 26 some pages later. It's fucking amazing,

Well if you insist

Of course I'm not a fag or fujo,

The funniest thing is one of the replies backing her up on page 1 is her husband too (look at their character surnames), whether ingame or irl who knows. They're both on Balmung too, you can't make this shit up.

They seem to have a bit of a reputation on there as well. A few people were saying that even people on Balmung don't like to associate with them.

I'm i225.
The problem is SE have been making the minimum iLv for everything stupidly high recently. I actually went into Nidhogg EX with an i210 weapon because there was at the time no better way to get a decent main without 7 FUCKING weeks of Lore capping/Burden of the Son running.

>all these people who've resubbed due to the patch trailer alone
Leave MMO-kino to me.

>avoid balmug

Got it

>daily dungeon to cap tomestones before the patch
>2 of the 3 people you get paired with aren't terrible
>you get 2 comms at the end
>they were even french

I don't post screenshots of my character for that exact reason. /xiv/ is cancer and posting character pics makes me feel like I'm guilty by association.

well 500k are active but I've barely played myself. It's just a pre-patch lull on top of Legion coming out.

When is this likely to go on sale again?

I saw some user say yesterday that the PC version of the expac usually goes on sale once every month or so. Is that true?

Palace of the dead can get you an i235 weapon if you need an upgrade there. Not too hard but it is a bit of a grind. Think it took me like 8 full runs to get a weapon.

>Cross Server Crystal Farming

Is that place solo'ble as a smn?

>Heavensword looks like it has neat updates too
It doesn't.

What fucking fish should I catch before aquariums are out?

Daily shill thread. Always "someone" who is "new"/"wants to know x".

Shit game, Yoshi lies, community is retarded weebshitters bad at endgame.

It does

>community is retarded weebshitters bad at endgame

How many a8s clears you have under your belt, son?

FFXIV game design seems to create an extreme dichotomy between hardcore and casual players.

I'm something like i195 and that's not going to change any time soon. I'd rather just fuck around with alts, A/S hunts and stuff than worry about grinding a billion hours with raids and shit.

I think so, it'll be a hell of a slog compared to steamrolling it with 4 people though.

It really doesn't. Every patch in 3.0 feels the exact same as every patch in 2.0

Probably up to the 40th floor, I never tried solo SMN. No reason not to do it with other people though, takes too long solo honestly. Just hang back a bit so if shit goes south you can revive people.

octopi and other tentacled things to sell to the erp cat sluts

I actually feel exactly the same way and I sometimes get the urge to post my character but don't want to be seen as a /vg/er

That's what I'm currently doing.
I took the Internet's advice and am running both saves through the dungeon at the same time so I waste as few silver chests as possible on the way to +20. I have one save at 41, another at 31, and I think a +17 weapon and +16 armor. I was hoping for at least +18/+17 by this point but the first run of 31-40 kinda fucked me, with only 3 non-trapped chests.
Bullshit is what that was. I fully intend to bail if any run of 41-50 doesn't give me at least 3.

But anyway, in doing it this way I should hopefully hit +30/+30 with only 3 runs total.

Get out, Rui. You don't even play anymore and haven't for ages. Are you that pathetic that you have to shit on other people having fun with their friends (those things you lost)?

>be on Odin
>need to fight Odin

The RNG pisses me off. I was at 28/28 and had to run it 2 more times all the way because I only ended up getting one upgrade from chests to armor on the second to last run and jack shit on the last run.

Who is Rui? I know Nep is our usual shitposter but he left after every single comment he posted ended in someone laughing at him over the fat ninja video.

Who are you replying to?

I still can't believe that nigger showed up in like every thread. I used to work nights and i'd see threads made during the day or night and he was always in them.

>Dark matter is up for 4.5k each and people are buying it.
>2 days later people undercut it so much it's only 1.5k now.
This shit makes me insane sometimes.

Wait, the fat ninja in that fanfest video was actually Nep?

Yup. Yoshi telling him to lose weight is what made him quit the game. He has a deep seated hatred for FFXIV now.

>run aquapolis for a couple hours a few days a week
>already at lore cap, and got a bunch of gil to go with it
damn I don't know why I even bothered with doing dungeons with shitters

He never confirmed it but it's the only thing the Squeenix defense force had against him, so they latched on to it and kept forcing the Nep is fat meme like the retarded autists they are, watch them say I'm Nep too.

Its ok user

These things happen in real life too

Why the fuck do scrips exist?

Holy fuck, source?

Hopefully. I'm going casual for 3.4 after my static fell apart two weeks into 3.3. I changed mains so was gearing up a new job and took a break. Couldn't be added finding a new static and the drama with it for 3.4 but by 3.5 I probably will want to dip my feet into the latest Alex savage

It would be impossible to find in the archives but he admitted to it in one of these threads.
He's in the thread right now if you wanna ask him

youtu.be/BcGbSMPAnhw?t=10m17s

On my server almost every item fluctuates in price that much.

I fucking hate jews too, user.

Holy fuck kek

Based yoship

Roasted

Link to this discussion? Got me curious now.

whats a PLD?

I made a friend in os runescape back in the day. We played for 2 years doing all the quests, but he paid for membership while I stayed in f2p. My parents were Jews and didn't buy it for me because they thought they'd get "hacked". I'd see him on often, but by the time I upgraded he'd stopped playing.

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/304777-Square-Enix-Please-reconsider-putting-the-Native-American-war-bonnet-attire-in-game.
There's 52 pages now

Post femroes already

see
I have more but I'd rather not post more since avatar fagging and what not

STOP CARING ABOUT BEING AN AVATARFAG, POST A SINGLE PICTURE OF YOUR CHARACTER

>tfw no golden goddess gf

why even live brehs

is the costume on the left female only? I hope not, it would real cool on my BLM lala

>that guy that used shadewalker on me and I wasn't the tank

FUCK YOU I KNOW YOU'RE IN HERE I SAW YOU SHITPOSTING ABOUT THIS A FEW THREADS AGO

>playing legion like a propper WoWfugee
>skipped last 2.5 expansions compketely
>classes chamged a lot, all can be understanded and played reliably good from get go
>go with 3 different mythic pug groups with absurdly high ilevel req
>dps struggle to outdamage tank geared worse than them, doing almost 2 times less than they could

now I think ffxiv shitters are not so bad, glad new story/savage/trial coming next week, so I can get back

Fuck it one more.

link, I don't know what's what in those forums

Both are for female, but the female one is only for females, because that's how glamour works in this game. :^)

Those webms are really cute user.

time to become a meme loving fuck

Me irl

savage

That hip movement though

>mfw

I don't know how he didn't get shit on for that especially knowing the playerbase this game has

girl next to him looked pretty upset though

k

which one is the female female one!?

It's right in the goddamn image...

Bretty good...

I kind of miss the diadem

it was shit but at least it felt somewhat like I was playing an MMO

theyre updating it next patch

Fill it with all the Illuminati Perch you can't turn into blue scrips with.

striped goby

youtube.com/watch?v=8JPfQb549Eo

where've they been hiding soken all these years

they need to give him the chance to shine on some other main FF titles

FORWARD AND BACK AND THEN GO FORWARD AND BACK AND PUT ONE FOOT FORWARD

youtube.com/watch?v=LnMW_oGq0zk

literally every lala player

Is this going to be god tier music the patch?

It's great on PS4, the game is great at the moment and 3.4 is shaping up to be something else.

>characters posted
>all cats
Everytime. Potatoes and lizards are shit too so don't bother.

why not, femroes never got any love anyway unless the futa ones

Are you somehow forgetting the Michael Cera femroe that can't go a thread hoping someone will actually like their downs face?

The only reason I rolled cat is because they're the only ones without awful running animations.

>Playing humans in a fantasy game.

Variety is better than generic cat #11699346026
It's kinda hard not to play a human in this game when that's pretty much what every race is with slight differences. Ears and a tail aren't enough to make them not humans.

So you only want to play a race because you can feel like a special snowflake instead of playing something you actually like?

If giraffes didn't have such wide shoulders that make them look shit in almost everything they wear, I'd play as one.
Other than that all you have left are boring humans and muscle humans

>tfw sat here and watched damn near all of it.

Thanks?

>you will never ever be Starcade Hellraiser

No, I'd rather they actually put effort into making each race more unique. If the au ra were more like what they were in concept are that would have been awesome though i'd still probably stay as a roegadyn since I like being tall. Instead we got another cutesy human female with skin cancer and tumors. But of course even just one race that's not the same basic shape will be "too much work".

Only problem I have with them is their necks. I played as one for a while but I went back to roegadyn after a couple months.

Are there themed clothing in this game, like this one for example. Are there more winter-ish looking clothing in a snow city

Nope.

There's a couple pieces of winter-themed clothing for glamour purposes, and some of the current late-game gearsets are long coats due to the theme of the expansion being Ishgard.

you can get some highland gear that consists mainly of poofy fur lined clothing, and then there's an ishgardian noble coat that you get at some point in the story quests

What would a beastmaster class be like if they could actually make classes unique?

Command mobs instead of having a dedicated pet

they need to make pets not unresponsive as fuck first

Can you still get a lot out of this game without doing raid content?

yeah

For some reason people seem to appreciate that I play as a Midlander. I rolled femidlander at first at I had more people flock to me than most cats.

Now I have people of random gender run around me periodically, it's weird.

You can do the "easier" raids if you want.

I waste a ton of time crafting, personally.

You can get the highest item level without even touching a raid, you'll be missing a highest level ring but who gives a shit.

Depends what you think is a lot, because either way endgame boils down to running 2 dungeons to cap weekly currency, doing the only 4 raid bosses for 6 months if you even give a shit about them or just doing the 24 man welfare raid once a week when that's out, doing the EX primal of the patch until you beat it and get your weapon, if you didn't already get a better one through other means, then logging off because there's nothing else to do.

>That new upcoming update trailer

Do they always add this much content? Seems great

The quality of the patches seems to go FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND

>You can do the "easier" raids if you want.

There are "easier" raids? In what way?

Even number patches are big content patches, odd are not really.
That's why there's a lot coming out in 3.4

Yes they always add a bunch of useless fluff features that become dead and buried a week later and the only substantial stuff that remains to run are the 4 raid bosses, the EX primal that lasts 2 whole weeks before parties dry up, and the 2 dungeons.

Too bad the content lasts for like a day before you grind it daily like the autistic chucklefuck you are.

>day one party finder groups for primals
>PLEASE KNOW THE WHOLE FIGHT NO MISTAKES

kys my man

I really hate this shit. Cutscene skipping faggots trying to monopolize the decent PuGs.

Atleast they cant remove the FORWARD patches
Unless its an event

I gave up on trying to get ex primals done when they're relevant after joining god knows how many phase 3 sephirot practice parties that couldn't even make it past phase 1 consistently.

Fuck you.
I love being a Chocolate Raen; cause I stay dry while others feel the pain.

Chocolate Raaaaaaaaaen

How dead is the game now say, if you start a new account. Do you still see alot of new people around also are the que time for dungeons still horrid?

lol

If you're still around.

250k active characters out of 6 million accounts.

So I guess Urianger is going full villain now and the warriors of darkness are killing the beast tribes so they cant summon any more primals

This is gold

Beast tribes are vermin. They are doing the right thing.

Which server has the Cred Forums guild

the garleans have the right idea

Thats modern MMOs for you.

Yet she's still fine with playing a Japanese game that culturally appropriates European and Middle East themes.

No I'm not a degenerate.

Male roe master race

what shit servers do you play on
I assembled a linkshell for nidhogg with people who didn't leave after 30 minutes and cleared it after a couple weeks.

Tonberry. Stuck with australians and new zealand shitters since i don't know japanese. I'm considering going back to aegis and seeing if i can't get my friend back there to get me into JP parties. Figure if i have a JP person vouch for me then I might actually be able to get that shit done.

>Tonberry.
This server used to be so much better before the NA shitters came over for Alex savage clears.

try making a learning party a few times
friend the people who stick it out and aren't bitches or absolutely terrible
get a network of people who are interested in end-game and aren't completely trash

best way to farm aether oil?

>tfw from NA
I swear i'm not a shitter. Also I moved here since most everyone from my FC moved, never cared about raiding.
Tried this for a while but just stopped caring about doing anything really. Not even subbed at the moment and don't know if i'm even gonna bother before the next expac.

Get it once per week from the CT weekly quest.

No point buying it with esos as you need esos for the next step which is way grindier. By the time you get all 5 after 5 weeks, you'll have a good amount of the umbrite you need for the next step already, so you kill two birds with one stone this way.

You've all been capping your Lore for 3.4 right? You do want to make an absolute shit ton off of taking advantage of the people who haven't right?
You've bought your grade IV materia and Carbonized Matter right? Prices are going to sky rocket come 3.4.

They're going to introduce T6 materia just to ensure the shit we're pre-gathering for is a waste.

I only have 10 million gil please go easy on me, just one accessory or maybe a belt is all I ask...

>buying carbonized matter
Cheaper to use the NPC for T5 melding shit. T4 you harvest the matter yourself.

i've been buying all the shitty grade 4 materia for transmutation

When does the new update drop?

thats actually a sound advice, thanks mate

are relics even worth going for or should I just get whatever welfare gear comes from palace next patch

>guy undercuts me by 1g
>tank the price of item permanently

Aren't you just playing yourself at that point?

relics are only good for the glamour, I actually like them tough, it actually feels like MINE, besides they are usually the best looking weapons in the game

i'm playing everyone

Most people have at least 2 relics done by now with more in progress.

>been having my retainer gather toad leather literally since I started the game
>have 20 or so stacks in my bank
>way too lazy to do anything with it

I could permanently crash the market
I can but I don't know if I should

I'm excited to come back once the patch drops. I should be done Cold Steel by then so I'll need something to play.

Datamining when? I need that music.

This is hours later and no one cares but I would like to say that not everyone automatically has good tank gear, because it's not everyone's first role and most people are going to choose the gear best suited to their role. Getting fed DoW gear doesn't help me if I decide to go back and give GLA a whirl. What you mean to say is that they can just buy gear from the market board, which is cheap at leveling levels and decent enough to get you through.

How do you even crash the market with just toad leather?

Autism

when do I stop being a sprout

/na status off

>that guy on your server who buys carries then makes farm parties asking for high dps even though they do less than 600 and that's IF they somehow survive the mechanics

a few weeks ago I saw someone asking for 230ilvl "serious play no mistakes or kick" party for a1s-a5s WITH A BONUS
not a single person joined

Here's an old one of mine.

Was there when it happen, audio didn't pick up how many people were cracking up or going 'Ooooo'ing at the ninja being fat comment.

When people post about how much damage players do (like in ), what is that referring to? Autoattack? Avg. damage over a certain time period? I don't know anything about parsing and whatnot but I'd like to think I'm doing okay damage; at i211 GL3 with DK and TS, a Bootshine crit does ~2100 I think.

>tfw altered victory cutscene on A8S

Does the Heavensword expansion add any new features to the character creation?

Nope. Outside of Au'ra race (which follows the limitations of the current creator), only thing they've continued to add are haircuts.

>guy tries to "tank" the market
>i immediately buy it all up and resell for the normal price at a profit

OMG I loves that SOM sprite

I should add that I get that it's "damage per second" but I don't know what the interval is.

DPS is exactly what it means, total damage done via all sources divided by the length of the encounter in seconds.

It's only useful if you're comparing encounters of similar length. I mean if you only parse a 20 second window where you blow your entire opener you'll get something stupid like 3000 dps, while if you leave it running for an entire fight you'll get a different, lower value due to all the phase changes, downtime, low points in rotation, etc.

It's just data, and only as useful as the context attached to it.

>finally cleared A8S
Feels good man.

>tfw group still needs healer dps to pass the enrage

Elezen master race.
Rest of you races should just gtfo of Eorzea

shofie-ffxiv.tumblr.com/
lol

Duskwight subelezen detected.

40 hours play time iirc

When will they just make ARR free?

lol

The increased the time a while back. Over 100 hrs now. Can always turn it off manually with /na status off or something like that

Anyone of you in Famfrit?

Holy shit, 100 now? No wonder I'm seeing people in their 50's still have the sprout. That's a bit excessive.

The devs realized all of 2.0 is a fucking tutorial and that players in their 50s still don't know how to play the game.

So it's different depending on whether people are talking about a dungeon or a trial and such. Okay, thanks.

Boringlander reporting in.

That guy does it wrong.

The idea if you're going to """""tank""""" the market is to have a big enough supply to make the guy who undercut you shit himself at the thought of buying it all.
You do that buy selling shit only a few at a time, but ALWAYS having at least 2 up for sale.

The guy made instant profit, while you'll still be waiting for all the shit you bought to sell, meanwhile someone already undercut you again.

I see sprouts in idyllshire all the time. Devs know the playerbase is literally retarded.

Honestly seeing so many cats and lizards, it's nice seeing a hyur. They're cuter imo. And in the case of highlanders, hotter.

I wonder if they'll be adding new mats for the new tier of crafting gear, got my crafters all geared up but haven't been nearly as diligent on my gatherers.

still made more money than they did

if you try to sell relevant materia at 1/3 the price in attempt to lower the whole market, you can expect to get fucked in the ass

it wouldn't work because they would have to make it work on controller and placing puddles and pets on a controller is shit

literally impossible to tank a market whos demand is always more than the supply.

I was actually going to start off as a lizard but the free trial wouldn't let me.

In the end I'm glad I didn't, I have a real soft spot for that dainty as fuck running animation though I think midlander facial expressions could do with some improvements.

What the heck Ragna?