Games ruined by creator's politics

I absolutely love Dragon Quest, and just picked up VII on the 3DS.

A few weeks ago I read about Sugiyama's drive to spread denial of Japan's war atrocities. What a fucking horrible man.

Now I just can't get it out of my head when listening to his music. I try to blank it out, but the music in DQ is so catchy and encompassing. It is almost half of the experience of playing the game.

All I can think about when hearing it now is what an absolute shit stain the creator of it is.

It really sucks.

Fish and Schafer

>Games ruined by creator's politics
any western released video game after 2007

Good for him. I'm glad there isn't anything silly like "Japanese guilt" over there. The west could learn something from him.

Do you shave or wax the hair off your head?

Hey cool, is that neogaf thread.

Pic related, happening inside the same thread.

None, really, that I can think of. Far right/left extremists tend to believe if a game isn't blaring their agenda with a megaphone, it means they're blaring the OTHER sides agenda.

>politics ruining how you enjoy games
Cred Forums in a nutshell, these guys do love their vidya

Shave, why do you ask?

There's "apologizing" and flat out denying atrocities committed by your people. The latter shows you are a weak individual who likely ties their worth to their ancestry and not their own accomplishments.

I wouldn't suggest waxing. Shit ain't great.

I'm pretty sure there's a plethora of games you've played where someone involved with its production has opinions you don't agree with. Don't let that effect your enjoyment of a product.

Unless it's Phil Fish

uncharted 4 suffered pretty badly because of the creator's politics

this cannot be argued.

Good job, user.

Still entirely right.

>enjoying the fucking ear piercing MIDI versions of DQ7 songs
This is a japanese war atrocity. God I hate the 3ds and its inability to anything decent.

there's a patched cia with the orchestra restored

Please actually research what Japan has done

They love to actually cry when someone mentions Hiroshima and Nagasaki but they would kill you if you mention what Japan did to the rest of Asia.

They flat out deny it, and those who don't deny it are likely the same people who think they did good to those countries they invaded or deserved it or that they were in their right to do it because "glorious nippon imperium".

>playing the without the orchestra ost
What the fuck are you doing?

>>/neogaf/

Playing without the sound on because I've been busy.

99% of writers from Victorian times were shitty people.
H.P Lovecraft was a ridiculous racist.
Frank Miller is insane.
Clint Eastwood is a dyed in the wool republican.
Wagner was incredibly anti-Semitic.

I'm liberal enough (certainly more than most people on here), but I can still enjoy the work of the above for being good art. Gran Torino is an amazingly made film. Alice in Wonderland is still capturing people's imaginations to this day. Lovecraftian horror is still groundbreaking for its time. The Dark Knight Returns is still an amazing Batman comic and Ride of the Valkyries is still an amazing piece of music.

I very much doubt that the "war crimes denier" aspect of Sugiyama's personality manifests itself in the music of Dragon Quest. You don't have to take artists entirely as whole, there are aspects of them you can disagree with.

you are fucking retarded
>HURR JAPAN DID BAD THINGS DURING WAR
>but dropping nukes is ok :^)

Do it like the US treated the nukes: they still haven't apologised them but the US's official official stance is "war is shit and we did what we had to". It's a nice middle ground between japan's flat out erasure and germany's eternal guilt.

>m-muh chinks
Nobody is falling for your jewish tricks anymore.

That's one huge leap of logic.
He never said anything about Hiroshima or Nagasaki.
What indicated he's American?

OP go suck a dick.

>drive to spread denial of Japan's war atrocities
Good.
Once you start giving in to your enemy's guilt tactics they have you by the balls.

It's more like a sign of not showing weakness than actually denying anything happened. It's not letting people take advantage of you.

White people should take note desu.

And why would a gaijin like you care about nipponese war crimes?

>Not being able to distinguish the creator from the creation
I think Avelone and Sawyer are faggots, but I still like New Vegas.

Learn how to separate the developer's personal opinions and the product.

Also this isn't NeoGAF, fuck off.

/this

>typing this much in response to bait
I don't disagree with you, but OP clearly just wanted to annoy weebs and nips.

fuck off jap who jerks it to unit 731

Because Retard.

>republican
>on your list of "shitty people"
lmao you don't get out much, do you, squirt?

>What indicated he's American?

Not only American, San fran clique "american".

Unit 731 was allied propaganda and never actually existed.

It was, though. The US warned Japan that they were going to nuke Hiroshima and Nagasaki and gave the government ample time to evactuate the populace but japan didn't. More people would have died if they didn't nuke them.

Nice job

>racist
>anti-semitic
>liberal
found the hook nosed shill

>The US warned Japan that they were going to nuke Hiroshima and Nagasaki and gave the government ample time to evactuate the populace but japan didn't.

I have read evidence of this "warning" thing being a little fishy. I don't remember where.

Maybe you should learn that people besides you are human beings, that they have had experiences and reasons that lead them to think certain ways, and outside of literally killing people without reason, people are not one dimensional monsters.

Maybe then your dumb ass could enjoy a fucking game.

I read somewhere that they deny their atrocities not because it was wrong to do so, but more because they're mad they lost the war...

Similarly the german warned the jews. Somehow the US is more justified by some reason. Same faggy excuses, just own to it. "We killed because more would've died. That's all."

No need for excuses or justifications. It had to be done.

>no more qt dount Drake because that's offensive somehow

What games let me commit war crimes?

There's a difference between not apologising for things your ancestors have done and simply denying they ever happened.
If some white dude went around saying slavery never happened and all the blacks in America are descendants of people who emigrated of their own free will, rather than just not feeling guilty about slavery, surely you'd admit that'd be stupid.

They never happened though, west just made up fake war stories to pretend to justify using nukes.

If you're not a gook, you should kill yourself

>just ignore it when Japan does it

I know it's not my place to judge worthy from unworthy lives, but the fact that the human race is no longer virgin or innocent from actual tactical military use of a device such as the nuclear bomb against its own kind is depressing. But I guess we're all destined to do mistakes.

Well of course, these people lived on a time it was a standard so who cares

Japs deny warcrimes, turks deny genocide, jews deny genocide. Everyone does it for there own self interest and the interest of their nation, only white people care about losers kvetching.

It's about not giving your enemy an inch, if you give them an inch they take a mile. Who the fuck cares about some bullshit 80 years ago no one is alive to suffer over?
Unless you're a butthurt korean, then carry on.

I'm not from the United States so I get plenty of exercise, thanks fatty.

>allied propoganda
You do know what happened to them reflects badly on the US, right?

>Korea

More like all of Eastern Asia

People just don't want history to be forgotten, which is what Japan is doing. This is not taugh at schools, it's banned from school books and information is barely available.

History it's supposed to be learned.

It's not a war crime if you win

I'd say this isn't a problem
it's not like it's preached within the game's music
this on the other hand...

there's a difference between invading, torturing, slaughtering, raping, pillaging and experimenting on people, like japan did to Korea and china. and being sneak attacked attacked and then blowing the attacker the fuck out like america did to japan. usa has nothing to apologize for, we civilized the barbarians in 30 seconds.

I think protecting Japan's national identity is more important than letting whiners worm their way into their school system, indoctrinating their kids.

Don't give a shit, sorry. Japan is a nationalistic ethnically homogeneous country and they don't owe shit to the people they razed.

When you start teaching your country to feel guilty about its past, that's when invaders come and tell you that you can alleviate that guilt by giving them free shit, room and board.
Exactly what's happening to the west right now.

Sorry, but I care more about strong nations than the slanted "truth" peddled by butthurt losers.

Fun fact

Japan apologized for Pearl Harbor

They will never ever apologize to east Asia for muh pride but they bend to Americans

It's contradicting

>sorry
>sorry
>sorry

the Japanese were torturing American soldiers and they America needed all of that crap to end
the decision was "well we'd be killing a ton of innocents, but they're also shoving matchsticks under our soldiers' fingernails and they invaded us." I agree with this user also I'm from the UK

To be honest, i prefer something in the middle, like shit happened but you (japanese individual) are not personally responsible.
But it's probably better for future generations to be ignorant of these things rather than turning into fucking migrant rape apologist germany.

trump isn't going to win lol

Soul Nomad lets you declare war on the world and kill ever last person on the planet.

I sure am glad people like you are a massive minority to the point of irrelevancy.

There's bending over backwards to suck the cocks of those you've wronged and there's admitting you fucked up. They're different things.

Why is Cred Forums so full of SJWs lately?
What does some old dude's beliefs have to do with you?

why deny it? Fucking pussys... face up to your crimes but do not let them turn you into an emasculated wimp aka Germany

So fucking what? I'm american and I don't give a shit if some rando jap didn't apologize for pearl harbor.

fun fact, Japan told America not to apologize for the nukes because they don't care for needless platitudes.

A nation is not an individual person, it gains NOTHING from "admitting it fucked up".

>do human experiments
>US wins war
>Japan cuts a deal and US aquires the results of said experiments
>"No warcrimes here my allied friends :))))"
All countries commit warcrimes, and persecuting the losing side after 70 years of the war ending is just retarded. The people behind anything notable are already long dead.

>what is international diplomacy

>inb4 isolationist states totally work in the twenty-first century

I think you're on to something here. FFS, look at Germoney and Japan now.
One has pride, a strong cohesive society through a national identity/culture and the other is fucking Germany.

>war crime meme
It's fucking war, get over yourselves moralfags.

considering the atomic bomb wasn't exactly a widely known concept. Being told "Hey we're gonna evaporate some of your cities" might be hard to believe

> persecuting the losing side after 70 years of the war ending is just retarded
Pretty much
>get nuked twice and have it's military neutered
>somehow this is not enough for butthurt koreans

>what is international diplomacy

Oh yeah, that totally fucked up Japan over the last 50 years.

It doesn't matter in the end. What the fuck do you, a gaijin, gain from having a random old Japanese man acknowledging war crimes he didn't even commit? Getting high off your moral superiority for kvetching over foreigners who died way before you were a thought?

And what does the nation of Japan gain from apologizing for it? Nothing. Get over yourself you fucking virtue signaling retard.

People who can't separate the art from the artist. I don't get people who can't appreciate someones apolitical music, movies, writings, or games just because outside of them they ascribe to beliefs you loathe.

That said, zipperheads who deny atrocities committed with evidence like the Rape of Nanking are cunts. But at least this particular cunt has talent.

Now when the millienial generation is growing up with no real grasp of what war was like people are expecting that morals can be directly applied to them. It will only get worse until the next Great International Shootout #3.

>The latter shows you are a weak individual who likely ties their worth to their ancestry and not their own accomplishments.

Individualism is largely a western convention. Confucianism has shaped asian culture for over two thousand years. Every younger generation must bow their heads to those who came before them.

What fucking nation is in need of diplomatic ties with these weak ass countries they fucked over in the first place? None of the other big countries they trade with give a shit. Do you know why Turkey is one of the only countries still given shit about a genocide? Because a lot of first world countries fucking it hate it to begin with, because it fucking sucks and the people there suck. They don't actually care about some armenian genocide, they care that Turkey doesn't ever honor treaties and is fucking them over regarding immigrants while insisting their stupid Muslim ass belongs in the EU? Who should Japan be apologizing to, China? The fucking country trying to steal their territory and that they'll be at war with again in a few years?

The Japs and Koreans aren't at war. You think after supposedly raping and pillaging the entirety of asia is going to be forgotten and forgiven once Japan says "lol my bad sorry senpai".
The japs also razed the phillippines as well but their relations are pretty good and they didn't apologize for WWII.

You have a simplistic mind and you're a retard, again. Only children think countries work like this.

This thread is like hating volkswagen because hitler suggested cheap cars for people would be a good idea.

The OP copied and pasted a neogaf post.

Frankly, if someone has a problem with his beliefs, they may as well boycott the rest of japan since its fairly mainstream to deny or minimize war crimes in japan

Yeah, fucking zainichis and their hwabyung.

That, or it's a fucking falseflag thread with text ripped from neogaf.

Who the fuck cares?

Ah yes, all those millennials at the Hague convention in 1899

I know, right? What annoys me the most is when developers try to shove Mary sue strong womynz down my throat, followed by a heaping plate of historically out of place blacks.

>implying Volkswagen isn't universally considered nazibait
>implying the emission crisis wasn't a US government setup to undermine non-american car manufactorers by even stricter requirements in their and GM jews desperate attempt to save Detroit

>caring

Germany would be a better country now if they denied the holocaust and their war crimes.
No billions sent in reparations to israel (which they still pay today), their politics wouldn't be stilted by Nazi guilt. They can actually have political debates rather than try to be as "not nazi" as possible.
They wouldn't be forcing all of europe to take in millions of "refugees" to leech off of their welfare tits to make amends for their holocaust guilt. Continuing the politics of guilt will literally destroy Germany and in extension, Europe.

Yes, I'd say that is much more important than the "people just don't want history to be forgotten". There's a point at which you have to act towards your own benefit, not your enemy's.

Japan gets this, Turkey gets this, the rest of the world gets this except you virtue-signalling westernized pussy faggots who care more about your platitudes than keeping your countries from collapsing entirely.

Lying can be justified in some contexts I suppose, but in general it just annoys the fuck out of me when I hear people say shit that blatantly isn't fucking true.

>insane
>bad

Good for you, but no one cares about how you feel.

>But it's probably better for future generations to be ignorant of these things

yeah ignorance always works out so well

Sad that society has raised people as pussy as you. Harden up maggot faggot

Get over it. This is how white guilt started. If you say "yeah white people did some bad things, we're sorry guys! Hope we can make things better from now on!", every non-white is chomping at the bit to capitalize off of your guilt and tell you just how you can "alleviate" it. They won't stop, they will never stop so long as you keep entertaining them.

Ignore it or deny it, these are your only viable options.

>guy has been pushing this lie for five days now
>he's been kicked out of DQ threads so he starts his own thread

So sad. Post a source or get off Cred Forums.