Go off on a quest to find Krayken mucus or something

>Go off on a quest to find Krayken mucus or something
>Get attacked out of nowhere by 5 monsters
>They gang up on me
>Only option is to roll + attack once over and over again until all 5 are dead
>Just decide to die and exit the game

What the fuck is this combat?

The Witcher series has shit combat in all 3 games.

witcher 2 is a bastard combat wise... even on normal. Treat it as a dark souls game. Prepare to die

Witcher 3 combat was fun when you learn to dodge and anticipate enemies movement

>Game's too difficult for me
>I prefer Skyrim.

lol this is the point im at too. i just got the mucus and am ready to fight the monster but im trying to knock out the other sidequests before that. i just got to a cave trying to save an elf chick and got gangraped by like 20 neckers

no.

>doesn't even bother to use any strategy just resort to dodging+rolling like a braindead souls fag
>WOW fuck this combat!! xDD

>the OP is this bad at video games
Holy fuck use your bombs and signs retard

Not an argument

Souls are way harder (still not hard) tha witcher tho

>go out unprepared
>die like an asshole

WTF IS DIS COMBAT XDDDD

Fuck off and die

>Start Witcher 1
>This combat is garbage
>Get used to it
>Start to like it

>Start Witcher 2
>Oh fuck I forgot this game has actual combat, fucking nice!
>Oh...this is....shit...maybe il grow to like it like I did with the Witcher 1
>Nope.

yeah the combat is pretty shit, if you want easy mode, go for quen the quen spell, but a more fun way and also rather effective is to buy bombs and use them regularly

this
only for non-brain dead like op

You're a scrub,
go play csgo

>Souls are way harder (still not hard)

The thing about TW2 combat is that most enemies are just damage sponges, it's not satisfying at all unlike souls games.

Awesome to see, even after all these years, this game still eats kiddies up and leaves them raging.

Back to Skyrim with you.

You forgot the part where you get hit on the back and lose 2/3 of your health from one hit

i played 150h of w3 and i can't even remember SINGLE entertaining fight in that game i put game on easy because combat was so boring, tedious with sword sponges enemies and combat is always the fucking same only thing that changes are skin of enemies, the quicker you skip combat the better since you can at least listen to dialogues and story. Just fuck off with that forced awful assassins batman
combat, if cyberpunk 2077 will have shitty copy pasted combat from deus ex i will give up completely on CDP games since they can only copy other games.

>I play games for the story, just let me skip the gameplay.

Yup. Witcher 1 best Witcher

The Witcher 2 really does have shit gameplay. At least they introducd a dodge button in the third game.

Why would you ever go into any Witcher game not expecting bad gameplay?

bloo blee bloo

>craft a bomb
>toss it at nekkers
>nekkers git owned

HA HA, ALCHEMY

there's nothing to it though, just drink your potions and do the same mousclick combination over and over and over again with the occasional style change depending on how many enemies you're fighting. W2 in the very least has forces you to have some form of input on when to dodge and hit or reposition yourself.

I dropped this because i dont like the idea of throwing bombs and shit and rolling like a madman against groups of enemies instead of hitting a shitton of them at the same time with the sword and a cool animation, sure you have to adapt and use eveything that you have but i find that more tedious than fun

>fucking ruined dice poker
>turned fisticuffs into a shitty QTE
>arm wrasslin is lackluster in every aspect

I know but there's something about it that seems more traditional RPG than third person action combat rpg

Wrong 1 and 3 combat are mint, you're just garbage.
Pro tips how to git gud at Witcher 3 combat.

1)You have two types of dashes a sidestep and a roll, experiment and learn when its better to use one instead of the other. Just because of this the combat in Witcher 3 is automatically superior and offers more depth than shitty ass Dark Souls 3.

2) If you're not capable of successfuly counter attacking human npcs that can be counter attacked then you're a garbage player and you have no right to complain about the combat.

3)Study the bestiary and learn the weaknesses of all monsters by heart like a real witcher would, for example use axii against the spiders, use yrden against specters, centipedes, bruxae, always pop golden oriole when fighting endregas, use the drowners pheromones if you are sick of fighting them, etc.

Witcher 3 ain't shitty ass Skyrim, hurr durr just pick up a weapon and you hack your way through the game mindlessly by spamming mouse1, you need to learn the ins and outs of the combat, and experiment to determine what works and doesn't work. I beat Detlaff yesterday on Death March without taking any damage whatsoever and without using quen. The combat is perfect, you losers just suck.

These people don't actually like rpgs, they want action games.

This game isn't' anywhere close to hard OP, it just has crap gameplay but it's easy to get around. That said it's pointless playing on death march since the combat isn't rewarding and is better off just being skipped

"These people". Even if they did, the game at least should provide a good RPG combat system. RPG shouldn't be synonymous with shit combat, though to be fair it often is.

>w3 combat better than dark souls 3
wew lad

Witcher fanboys are something else

this

Fromdrones are the scum of the earth.

Neck yourself

You gotta dodge, not roll, faggot. Also spam quen.

You can't dodge in the second game.

My bad.

If you thought the combat in Witcher was bad, I'd like to know what RPG that isn't Dragon's Dogma you think has good combat

exactly this, fist fighting was very simple but better than any qte
>your mother sucks dwarf cock

>Witcher 1 combat
>"combat"

You guys have to be shitposting here. There's nothing to Witcher 1's "combat" aside from just a simplified form of DDR. Literally all you do is left click when the button asks you to. You don't even have to move for fucks sake, you can just sit there and tank for days.

At least Witcher 2 brought in some variety, and actually had you using potions/oils and other shit.

it was hilariously broken tho
but yeah, still way better

you have to also choose the correct sword and stance
seems that people love to forget this

Detlaff, Caranthir, Imlerith, second half of Eredin's fight. I liked the Crones, but on higher levels it's just tedious since Ciri's damage is still garbage there. The hobo guarding Aerondight is pretty entertaining, but he can be stunlocked to shit. Ofieri mage is up there too.

Also, pretty much the entirety of the Kaer Morhen siege was entertaining, though mostly because of what was happening around you, and less because of the combat itself.

People forget it, because it's close to negligable. Literally all you do is look at whatever you're fighting and say

"Is it fast?" Click the fast button once. Play shitty DDR.

"Is it slow?" Click the strong button once. Play shitty DDR.

"Is there a lot of em?" Click the group button once. Play shitty DDR.

Picking the right sword shouldn't even be brought up, and you're just grasping at random shit here. Is it a monster? Click on your Silver sword. Is it not? Click on your steel, or axe or dagger if you feel like really gimping the shit outta yourself.

As opposed to 90% of rpgs, where you click on the enemy to begin attacking them and wait to see whose stats are higher.

looks like a lot of conscious choices user
what happens if you fail to do the right one?

I know you're just joking here, but on a serious note: There's next to no consequence. You just click on the correct button, and proceed to stomp.

There's a few correct ways to make combat interactive, and this ain't one of em. Just because it's more interactive thans others doesn't make it inherently better though. I normally don't even play RPG's, but Witcher 1's combat system was garbage outright.

Not much. Group style is pretty fine for pretty much whatever.

Moreover, all those decisions are made upfront. In the sequels, you're making far more choices on how to confront faster, stronger, and greater numbers of opponents, but you're doing it constantly, on the fly. You manage a field of enemies yourself, you don't just toggle a style and start clicking.

at least you could properly 'aard' people off cliffs

>You just click on the correct button, and proceed to stomp.

if you click the correct ones right?
so 2x3 = 6
1/6 = 16% chance of picking it at random

and if you pick wrong you do 0 damage and take alot

then the DDR like you say, where you have to do your input timing right, instead of a button smasher that most QTE are nowadays

but hey, surely its SHIT, and button smashers, QTE, and brain dead combat we have nowadays are way better right? they are much more ADHD friendly

i know that they fail to do something compelling, but fuck, at least they tried, something that you can't say from most devs

No

What even is this post.

>1/6 = 16% chance of picking it at random
Why the fuck are you picking things at random? This is seriously the most retarded argument I've ever seen.

to show that you have to actually think to pick? which picking at random isn't viable?

i think that kind of reasoning, doesn't make sense for ones that literally

>pick your weapon-fu
>smash light attack button
>???
>profit

Fucking what?

yes yes finally someone gets it, there's so little game here it's not even funny yet some people even say it's better than 2 or 3 in this regard which is laughable.

Man I'm not the other guy and I adore the shit out of the witcher 1, but that argument has to be one of the most ridiculous I've ever seen anyone on Cred Forums trying to pass off as legitimate

I know, it's so random. Like I actually fail picking the right stance sometimes.

If you randomly decide when to attack or block in any game, you'll get fucked. How is the Witcher 1 more punishing when all of it's decisions are made up front, whereas other games force you to make on the fly tactical adjustments?

Reevaluate your fucking argument because it is completely retarded.

I don't think there's a better way to describe it than that picture, holy shit.

lmao this HAS to be bait

to be fair you'd have to do a kid's style chant where you say "One and two and threee" over and over again as you put the right one in but it doesn'the right place but that's it.

huh, combat seems like a pretty basic part of the "game" part of the game

so the value in the game is really just the visual novel?

Concerning Sile
Is it better to watch her explode at the end of TW2 or let her live only to be tortured in TW3

I'd say the greater/larger amount of value is in the story, yeah. However there's also the smaller details, and side quests that get a lot of love... though perhaps you could just lob those under "visual novel" stuff too.

However, some people vastly overstate how bad the combat is. It's not bad at all, it's just (mostly,) not too noteworthy. It gets the job done, and throws in some flair with certain visual effects and Batman style pre fight prep stuff with potions, oils, and bombs.

There's definitely a few ways to make it fun (fast atk w/ signs build,) but there's also ways to make it a boring chore (pure heavy atk). There's also a few boss fights that are definitely way cooler than that guy leads on. If he didn't find any of the boss fights in the DLC or the Hanse bases entertaining, then the game just largely isn't his cup of tea.

If you've ever played that game dev simulator game, Witcher 3 is basically what happens when you dunk most of your points into Story/Visual, and still have enough left over to get a 5 or 6 outta 10 combat system. It's nothing stellar and has its quirks for sure, but it's definitely not shitty.

probably not changing the diamond, but i could never do it

Listen OP you need to git LALALALALALLALLALALLALALA

I usually never did because I had a great laugh with Letho about it, but some anons said it was better to help her.

>not using signs
>not using bombs
>not using traps
>just dodge and roll

there's also stance changing, bombs potions take time to use and poisons give you significant advance

So what's your favouite play style? Swordmaster, battlemage or alchemist or even a mix of the three?

My death march playthrough has mostly been swordmaster supplemented with potion resistance to let me knock back up to 3 decoctions with other potions as well to supplement the fight depending on what I'm fighting. Water hag decoction really helps when fighting higher-level shit.

The only reason to play any of them is the atmosphere, which for W1 ch.4 is among the best in gaming, so just play them on easiest difficulty.

I don't know how CDPR made three games about monster hunting all have boring combat.