Wolfenstein: The New Order

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zly9d5_8zpI&index=20&list=PLmYc9gG3yj8TcGenNQ_j-4ICy58ixohLn
youtube.com/watch?v=6QlODYzC43g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nothing

Nothing at all.
Great game

have my personal copypasta

>Weapon selection is "wtf were they thinking" tier. Dual wielding only the most bland weapons existing? 2 fucking sniper rifles?
>The game's "TECHNOLOGY" is a contextual fence cutting tool you can only use where the developer tells you to.
>The only special weapon is a laser that oneshots the entire screen and then requires you to backtrack and look at a wall for 5 seconds to ever shoot it again.
>You think dual wielding and sliding and throwing and shit means you can go rambo? The AI clearly has an "aim correction" script where if you are in their line of sight for more than 1 second you get mutilated by their 100% accuracy regardless of your stunts. So stick to the cover we provide you you goofus!
> You can press [melee button] to execute a basic enemy. If it doesnt work, he will press [melee button] to execute you by punching 80 health out of your ass
>Stealth segments are either "everybody is turned the other way" or "use this vent to get to a point where everybody is turned the other way".
>Enemies unaware of your presence die silently from a shot at their fingers (tested). Enemies aware take at least fucking 4 shots in the head.
>Enemies spawn out of fucking nowhere sometimes. Like a corner you just scouted now is filled of baddies.
>Map is a mess
>Story is a mess, throwing easy feels at you and trying to make the useless, uninspired, stereotypical hero characters feel like they are important.
>I hope Old Blood explains why the fuck you get eviscerated every time and then get back up like nothing happened
>Context gets fucked by ending
more

Pro-Jew agenda.

It was a great game

tl;dr

Hi polfag. Killing nazi baddies in this game was great :)

AMD support

/thread

I agree, but has valid points.

It's a great game, but it has flaws.

fuck off samefag

too much story
too many >muh war is so bad moments
it's still a great fps tho

The story taking itself seriously when the resistance's plan depended on one guy killing hundreds of nazis singlehanded

>Its a Cred Forums spreads opinion on Cred Forums episode

i'm this guy
Can you seriously explain me why the fuck you get up after getting eviscerated every time? Didnt play old blood

>2 fucking sniper rifles?
Ahem,
2 fucking LASORZ
Get back to your post, Wilhelm

what is with you shitting up this thread and bringing Cred Forums for no reason? I want to know the flaws of the game, since it'a on sale and might buy it.

biggest problem for me was that the enemies had too much health sometimes
it wasnt really hard, but it was just tedious and annoying having to unload multiple mags into some of the armored enemies for them to die

He was an interior decorator

You used a pol meme and assumed something went wrong with the game. Not fooling anyone kid.

>getting eviscerated every time
What do you mean exactly

Nothing really, it's a great game.

I guess you could criticize the excess of cutscenes I suppose and how MEGATEXTURES are shit sometimes, but that's nitpicky

first post best post

pol meme? you're a fucking moron, it's a classic clickbait Cred Forums title to get responses from. what's more exciting and gets more attention, "how is this game?" or "what went wrong?"

What went wrong is a pol meme, again not fooling anyone retard. And you use it when something actually went wrong. Lurk more before making shit threads.

You don't come on Cred Forums very often do you

>implying that the plan doesn't make sense
>when the guy they are depending on is William "My R&R consists of slaughtering Wehrmacht soldiers" Blazkowicz

>Makes post asking what went wrong with game just to be cool
>Hasnt actually played the game and is just curious about getting the game and doesnt ask that instead
Not sure if newfag or just autism

Yeah I do and I see a lot of crossposting retards. You must think they're an example.

Nothing, the game is great. So is it's prequel or whatever its called.

nothing, hopefully the new Quake will complete the trifecta of great FPS reboots

>too much story
agreed
>too many >muh war is so bad moments
nah, story was okay, characters / voice acting was great, cutscenes were kino
>it's still a great fps tho
i'd say it's the best of the reboots

This.
Kiddies who don't know Blazkowicz, man,
If the MC is Doomguy, ok, BECAUSE I AM SOOOOOOO NERD, I PLAYED DOOM ON MY XBOX 360, I KNOW HE IS HELL INCARNATED!

like that scene where you get drugged and then he stabs you and rips your guts out
There are like 4 scenes like that but you go rambo and just get up and fight and resume killing nazis and nobody says anything about it anymore

Because

how does this game have so many good reviews?
its strange

>Thats right
>One

Meant to

Stupid emphasis on story and pseudo-intellectual and "emotional" scenes everywhere, same cover shooter gameplay except with the freedom to move around levels at your own pace, some exploration, abundance politically correct things ruined it for me personally too, but that's subjective

If you want actual discussion of a game you make a clickbait op. Normal non retarded OPs just get ignored same thing happens on ATS/ETS2 threads.

I finished this game a couple weeks ago. Does anyone remember the part at the end where Bubi drugs Blazkowicz, and then Blazkowicz just shrugs it off and murders him?

Do they ever explain why Blazko was straight up immune to that drug?

plot armor

>trying to cast Nazis as enemies

dropped. if I wanted to be a race traitor, I'd vote for hillary and let someone black my wife.

>in today's age, Cred Forumsacks get buttblasted if you make a game about killing nazis, and if you have some jews in it
I guess the whole Cred Forums is the mirror image of tumblritas" was true

The combat felt very shitty. You keep running out of ammo too fast and the enemies were too hard and somehow hard to shoot. I've been playing FPS games since the Quake era and I really like shooters, but I can't really put my finger on how lackluster the combat was. Maybe someone else can?

Didn't like how the story shat itself with the mystical Jewish technology plot, It would have been better with B.J having to wage a one man war he could not win in the end as opposed to one he can with said technology.

the new quake is multiplayer only, lad.

The story fell apart when they introduced that magical jew geezer guy and his kike macguffin ancient artifacts.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zly9d5_8zpI&index=20&list=PLmYc9gG3yj8TcGenNQ_j-4ICy58ixohLn

>tfw

Having just finished playing it through for the first time about a week ago, I felt that the only rough parts were:

>Grenades felt really weak against anything that wasn't a robot. There were several points where I managed to land one directly at a trooper's feet, only for them to just sort of stumble and keep running when it went off.
>The LKW is supposed to be an anti-armor weapon, but it never struck me as being effective enough against robots and Supersoldaten compared to other weapons. If it was, the feedback was very poor, and failed to make it seem like it was killing them faster.
>The Herr Faust segment in Chapter 8 might be one of the worst mech/heavy armor bits of any game i've ever played. The chaingun was too quiet and did too little damage per shot to feel like I was fucking shit up, there was insufficient feedback (rumble, screen shake, sound design) to make it feel like I was driving a multi-ton metal monstrosity, and the lack of melee attacks when facing down grunts was very disappointing- if you're piloting a 15-foot-tall mech, there should damn well be an option to either step on the rank and file, or bitch-slap them over the horizon, preferably both.
>The record collectibles were really odd. Having only 3 of them in the entire game made it look like a half-baked idea that they put in because they couldn't think of anything else to add, rather than being a gag about Nazi-fied pop music.

Other than that, I really liked it, particularly the way it went balls-out with the absurd Nazi Super-Projekts. Not sure whether to get Old Blood next, or re-play the campaign down a different timeline and see what changes.

Some tedious enemies. youtube.com/watch?v=6QlODYzC43g

excessive hitscan
in ze olden day, hitscan enemies die in less than a second, dont react instantly, shoot at where you were 0.5 sec ago; the playgrounds are large enough to maneuver. And if it is a hallway, no more than 3 hitscan enemies will come at once.
in wolfenstein, everyone and their mom are hitscan even the über spongy soldat. they react instantly and are 100% accurate so taking cover is a must. But levels are small and covers are far away from each other so there's no playing however you like. Devs know this is a problem so they put partial health regen in.

When's your DMC4 video coming

Wasn't the original Wolfenstein 3D game full of hitscan enemies? I remember Return to Castle Wolfenstein having so many hitscan enemies, I didn't finish that game though

RtCW is the best Wolfenstein game though, I recommend re-visiting it. And yeah every non-boss enemy except the dogs and pacmans were hitscan in wolf 3d

next few days

in wolf3d and rtcw they dont react instantly
their aim is also crap in rtcw.

this was my original post but this video sums up my problem with the game way better

Guns were too big, couldn't see the fucking enemies.

Some people complain about their franchise being abandoned and shit, I don't think Wolfenstein fans have much to complain about.

I enjoyed TNO and TOB pretty much, they're good. I also remember hearing Wolfenstein 2009 was bad, but I also heard people saying it was good, I tried it recently and it was good, it has those hub elements to it, I found that to be pretty good. Not sure what the fuss was about, or how it was bad, it felt quite fresh compared to many overly linear, cinematic shooters. Raven Software are top tier shooter developers.

fpbp

>Raven Software are top tier multiplayer maps sweatshop
FTFY :^)

Because the nazi bitch threatened Blazko's waifu.

i personally think even wolfenstein 2009 had more interesting gameplay mechanics than these ugly last titles.
I mean, despite it being weak and full of collectables it had magic and monsters and powerups to spice it up while here you have a contextual fence-cutter
Where does it shine?