What am I in for?

What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfRZA-8mS4w
youtube.com/watch?v=DSqlObnGDfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1P_bQAmlpjY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A great game. One of my favorites.

One of the best games on the GBC. You can't die, each level is a puzzle, and you end up unlocking moves that you can use to unlock new routes in levels.

Game is an absolute blast to play, except for the god awful golfing minigame which is mandatory to progress. Have fun.

A Wario Land game. The third one to be precise.

Sounds good. Wario not being able to die sounds like it'd make the game too easy. I have played Wario Land 2 a long time ago so my memeory on it is quite hazy but I remember it being somewhat easy except for maybe the last stage.

Nah, unlike 1 Wario Land 3 isn't about not dieing. Instead, each enemy and obstacle give Wario a distinct power, often with situational advantages and disadvantages that turn navigating the stages into puzzles. An enemy that sets you on fire in one stage to knock you off a platform may do so to make you lose a valuable power in another, or be used beneficially to light lanterns or burn through special blocks in another.

fun

One of the best 2D platformers ever made.

I didn't really like this one lads. I liked Wario Land 2 way better.

literally WL2 except they got rid of the 2 and put a 3

I'm going to start Wario Land 2 soon, when I finish Link's Awakening. I've loved Wario Land 3, will I like the second one?

So I guess this unlocks after I completed the golfing minigame?

That ending theme though. Made me tear up a bit back then, and still does.

Yeah.

If you loved Wario Land 3, you'll love Wario Land 2, but just a little bet less

Why though? I understand that the game is not non-linear like Wario Land 3, but can't a person love both?

Prepare to get stuck eventually.

But I didn't say that you won't love Wario Land 2 ??????

>lose my copy when I was like 7
>emulate over a decade later
>laptop corrupts, lose save
Fuck. I got to the volcano-like thing and that was it.

You said I'll love it a little bit less, and it's definitely possible to love both equally, or love 2 more than 3.

Well, I just predicted that you will like it a bit less, that's all. Of course, opinions vary a lot, but that's still my prediction.

Ah, alright.

Do you think we could talk more?

fun

It's like Wario Land 2 but worse in every way.

A really catchy soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfRZA-8mS4w

Confirmed for not playing the game. The 2 are radically different,

Fucking Matroshka doll!!!

Liking the game so far.

it's like playing Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly after playing Year of the Dragon

Have you played them? They're the most similar two games in the numbered series.

In what ways is 2 largely similar to 3?

I remember the game being long as fuck.

Going out of your fucking mind trying to find those big coins.

Luckily, those are completely optional, and they just unlock courses for the golf minigame

2 is still nonlinear. There's some crazy story branches that you can completely miss, it's great.

A WAild Ride

3 is the only Land game that didn't add anything new or change up the gameplay at all. It's like what Virtual Boy Wario Land is to Wario land 1, or what Shake it! is to Wario Land 4. While I can't talk for Shake it and Virtual Boy, I can definitely say that instead of adding to the formula, 3 subtracts in all the wrong ways, it's an easy example on how not to make a sequel.

Here's some gameplay videos since you seem to be confused at how they're similar:
youtube.com/watch?v=DSqlObnGDfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1P_bQAmlpjY

If you played Wario Land 2 before it, you'll be disappointed, otherwise, you'll have an okay time, just play Wario Land 2 after it.

>3 is the only Land game that didn't add anything new or change up the gameplay at all
But it did. Levels cam vary depending on the time of day, 4 treasures per map that you have to find, not starting of with all your abilities, etc.

>You can't lose the game
>Whoops! You can during the final boss! ;) (Who's creepy as fuck too)

Wario games before 4 and shake it focused more on inconveniencing you than just making you restart a level or checkpoint. Ultimately you still get punished for screwing up, you just don't get booted from the level but more from a specific section of a level, or you have to take a detour.

only optional for casuals

Fuck that part

Alot of fun
Easily the best one in the series

Best fucking Wario game
Literally just finished it on my emulator
Fuck I wish I could show you the awesome shot of all 100 treasures, but after you get all 100 and beat the boss the game only lets you enter Time Attack mode

It's not too easy though. Wario doesn't "die" but almost any enemy hit can fuck up what you were trying to do, sending you careening off a cliff or tossing you out of the bossfight area forcing you to trek back into it

So yeah, he doesn't "die" but the game is still almost a 1-hit-"kill" for any puzzle section
I tried playing 2 after 3, and it just felt so flaccid. Like, why can't I freely move back and forth between levels to look for secrets? Why don't I get any upgrades? Why don't I unlock new areas in old levels?
Wario Land 3 was like a cross between a Metroidvania and SNES Mario

>tfw this franchise will never return

At least I have Shake It to play through still and the Virtual Boy game on an emulator.

>Like, why can't I freely move back and forth between levels to look for secrets?
You can do that once you beat a storyline

Am I weird for thinking 3 is the weakest of all the Wario Land games

It's cool and all, I just got tired of running through the same areas so many times after a while. Seemed like 2 took the same premise and handled it a bit more smoothly.

>Am I weird for thinking 3 is the weakest of all the Wario Land games

No

>It's cool and all, I just got tired of running through the same areas so many times after a while. Seemed like 2 took the same premise and handled it a bit more smoothly.

I agree

3 had it as a central mechanic even before the story ended. It was pretty fun finding the last music box at the top of the very first zone, and it felt amazing to go back to old levels and just blast through them with super powers

Kinda stuck atm.

Am I supposed to be able to swim in order to beat Pool Of Rain? I'm aware that I can raise the platforms by stomping on them but I can't find the key anywhere,

Nvm I'm retarded.

One of the only games in vidya that can pull off not being able to lose. An incredible feat that is insane to think about without actually experiencing it.

Will we ever get a spiritual successor to this series?

Wario is the only series I believe where there aren't really any bad games.

Fuck you I liked Game and Wario

Actually, most adventure games don't have a loss state. Wario controls like a 2d sidescroller, but imagine it as a point-and-click and it'll all click into place right away.

I define Warioware as distinct from Wario Land. but even so, I would agree.

A great fucking game not ravaged by Nintendos rehash syndrome.

2>3>4>WW>VB>1>MoD

I only ever played 2 but it is my fave gbc game

Should I play the third or the rest