What went right?

What went right?

Nothing.

Everything.

/thread

Everything.

fun

game felt like it used the post apocalyptic setting to tell a story. the frame of the story was in service to the story itself. this doesn't happen with Bethesda games ever, whose story is just a vehicle for them to say " hey, look at the shiny thing over there"

Writing and Roleplay elements

this

I wonder who could be behind these posts.

This.

Bethesda should just contract/consult Obsidian for writing and RPG element design like they did Bundie / ID for FO4's gun mechanics.

It makes fallout 4 look good.

As if Bethesda would dare admit that Obsidian did anything better than they did.

I like new Vegas and know it's better than 3 and 4 but I'm also not a raging faggot that posts about this game every waking second like its the first game I've played.

The DLC was cool. Except for that first fucking part of Dead Money

Aesthetics and feel.

As has been said. Unlike Bethesda where writing and roleplaying is so far down the list of things to focus on, they actually spend a lot of effort on that.

Seriously though. Why are Bethesda so shit at writing? Like, they aren't often noticeably terrible like say a lot of Japanese games are. It's just that they lack any sort of emotion and humanity. It's sole purpose is to enforce a statement. Nothing more. No characters has a voice, no character has a personality. It's just there. It's almost amazing just how inhuman and impersonal their characters are.

I thought the DLC was one of the weakest things in NV. I found all of them to be fairly underwhelming. Either they were to linear, or the small instanced sandbox they created just wasn't fun to explore.

I wish they focused the DLC on expanding the base game and Nevada rather than adding areas that you visit once and never return to and their content will never be seen again.

Like none of them make New Vegas any more fun to play. They just provide a distraction until you return to the same thing again.

It just has good writing. Other than that the game is still an ugly pile of hot garbage.

>trying to play this after Fallout 4

Don't get me wrong, F:NV is a much better rpg, but holy shit that engine. I wish I could play NV on 4's engine.

it's better but it's still a shit engine

It's the same engine.

Is it the looks or the general feel? Cause looks are completely fixable

I found them to be pretty enjoyable. They're a lot like the game itself focusing more on writing than world design. And they add quite a bit of content.

freedom

There's literally nothing wrong with that though

i loved this game, and fallout 3, maybe it because i'm a poor fag and i only got them a year ago (serious poor fag) but i know it can't compete with next gen or with almighty pc but the story was typically good, and the world is open and magnificent, the new vegas colour pallet is a bit dull (all brown) just like fallout 3 (all grey) but the world is still beautiful, all you autists are gonna struggle to enjoy anything if you tear everything down so easily, its amazing they got so much from this game at the time

I don't liked f3 much, but I'm impressed with NV.

It wasn't made by Betheshit.

f3 had charm, it is one of the biggest games i've ever played so i was just blown away by the scale of the world and the lvl of detail, also being liam neesons child and having to save him really fucked with my head it's like taken in reverse

Obsidian

I could play Vegas all day every day, and had sick days from work so I could get stoned and play this game all day.
Best atmosphere and factions without question, the soundtrack put me in a stoned nostalgic chilled as fuck mode that no other game has done.
The imagery and some places in there a amazing to explore.

Then you have falloutboy 4: modern warfare. A game designed to accommodate literally everyone and still managed to fail it's original fans.
Got bored shortly after finishing the main story like the majority of us. I still can't put my finger on why it's so boring and sucks dick so bad but it's not one thing. It's not just the boring repetitive missions or respawning enemies, it just feels terrible.

Download a graphics mod.
Let me guess "console master race".

Fallout sold less than 250k units lifetime.
The original fans are irrelevant.

They are loud but can safely be ignored.

Help might improve the odds, helps just might make a New Vegas Thread again?

>What went right?
The devs gave a shit.

i want her to kill me by sitting on my face

>thicc asians

what demonry?

Tell that to the Legion.
Was supposed to be a viable option with counterpoints to its brutality.
Instead they were mustache twirling evil.

did anyone not see the legion as evil on first playthrough?

Fo4 fanboys are soooo salty towards the fact that this was and is still a better designed story and game.

Nothing. It's FO3 in a more boring setting. Nobody cares about the quality of writing in an open-world post-apocalyptic FPS/RPG (not that the writing is even good to begin with)
1=2>4>>>>>>>>>>NV

>352249151
don't even deserve a (You)

>yfw that starwars thing obsidian did
>yfw that graphics in a new fallout game by them

shame about the face

>Was supposed to be a viable option with counterpoints to its brutality.

That's exactly what they are though.

Thas a good joke nigga, you well know that they will be forced to use creation engine

Their yet unannounced project is a UE4 game with Tim Cain and Leo Boyarsky at the helm. POSSIBLY White Wolf related.

Hm, do you think night city environments would look good on UE4?

Even with graphic mods the gameplay still isnt as smooth as f4.

The only decent thing about the game was that it runs better and looks better by default

Cherry picking your arguments there.

How the fuck does someone survive two bullets to the head at point blank range?

Creature without a brain.

Bethesda did 90% of the heavy lifting.
Obsidian has never done well when they have to carry the load.

I literally cannot understand people who like Obsidian. Their games are always unfinished and play like dogshit.

Well, them being able to repurpose 70 percent of the ideas from van buren probably helped.

If you ever read VB design docs you'd know it's bullshit.

I did read most of it. And it isn't bullshit. Sure, they changed things around quite a bit, but a ton of ideas and characters are just repurposed from that. Sure, they changed stuff around, but you can clearly see that there are large parts of NV are at the very least inspired by VB if not taken almost directly.

so much this

CAN ONE OF YOU OBSIDISHILLS EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT ABOUT THE "ROLEPLAYING" AND "STORY" ARE BETTER THAN 4 OR 3? I SWEAR EVERY TIMES I DEMAND AN ANSWER YOU DEFLECT AND IGNORE ME. FO4 IS OBJECTIVELY BETTER BECAUSE IT IS ON THE NEWER SUPERIOR ENGINE FO3 IS BETTER BECAUSE OF THE OBJECTIVELY BETTER META CRITIC SCORES . SO FUCKING EXPLAIN YOURSELVES ALREADY I DON'T FUCKING GET IT. NV LITERALLY WAS AN EMPTY DESERT AND VEGAS WAS LESS THAN 10 BUILDINGS. HOW IS THIS GOOD? HOW CAN SUCH A FAILED GAME GET SUCH A RABID FANBASE?

Obsidian will never work with Bethesda again.
Ever.

Literally NONE of NV is taken directly from VB, and the parts that were adopted are really only similar in name. Like, take Hoover Dam - the war between NCR and BoS is still raging, there's a shanty town build around or on top of it (don't remember), there are some weird magma monsters around, which are kind of like proto-tunnelers, molochs and gehennas IIRC. It's nothing like NV. Same with most other stuff. The plot is completely different.

>CAN ONE OF YOU OBSIDISHILLS EXPLAIN TO ME
Too much effort.

so much this. fonv is unironically the most shilled game on this board. but no one seems to care. yet if I make ONE thread about a game I like, I get called a shill faggot. wtf is with this obsidiot double standard. every single day some shill spams fonv threads, how the fuck do you losers still find it interesting to talk about, the game is an empty desert THERE'S NOTHING TO DISCUSS

What I'm saying is that they basically had a 10 year headstart on all of these ideas. New Vegas wouldn't have been half as good and probably wouldn't have existed hadn't they hadn't they have had this HUGE amount of ideas and backstory just lying around.

What I'm saying is that you are completely wrong and it's very obvious that they had to do a huge job in those 18 months, and the only VB content is a couple of names here and there.
>10 year headstart
Yeah, they certainly didn't need to work on other games in that time period. Just work on Fallout, man, sooner or later we will get the license... somehow.

DUDE

NUKES

LMAO

Its funny because one of the tennants of fallout is the fear of nuclear devastation yet bethesda thought it would be a really cuhhrazy wacky xdd idea to add a portable mininuke launcher

I've read this in a couple places, that Bethesda was difficult to work with during NV's development. Anyone got links about this stuff?

And its not even something like a rocket launcher or nuclear warhead missile or anything

Its a god damn fucking catapult that lobs a fucking miniature fat-man that explodes like a slightly more menacing grenade

Can't fucking wait for Beth to introduce even smaller nukes that you fire with a fucking slingshot that was meant to be a child's toy because its WACKY 50s

This thread

How pathetic are you? Fallout is the ONLY true Fallout game. Fallout 2 is good, buy it's too unserious.

>NV
Felt like the original fallouts more than 3, Survival skill was rad, DLC was rad, content and quest dialogue choices were deep and interesting.
>F3
Skyrim with Guns

NV was just a great addition to F3 in my mind. It was the spirit of the old fallouts brought to the F3 gamebyro engine and assets, and I thought it was wonderful in that regard.
>bad
It was still F3's engine.

Fallout 2 was fantastic, I have no idea what game you played. Fallout was great, but there's no doubting 2 had a cleaner UI, better combat, better graphics, and more detail put into the world. As for silly, you must have not played fallout if you say that.

Don't get me wrong, Fallout 2 is a great game that improved on many of the aspects in the original, but the atmosphere is Fallout is much better imho. I guess the only reason I see Fallout 2 in a worse light than the original is because I think it was overly silly while Fallout was only occasionally silly at best.

Fallout 2 was a better RPG in terms of stuff to do, though. Fallout is more linear.

Interesting characters
No forced backstory or personality for your character
Multiple ways to solve every problem
No artificial restrictions, every area can be accessed from the beginning of the game, every character can be killed, nearly every situation can be resolved peacefully if your Charisma is high enough

I played through New Vegas for the first time last month after starting the series with Fallout 4, and I cannot fucking believe how much better New Vegas is.

It crashed twice as much as fallout3

>Charisma
Speech.

I can't take you seriously with that image. Ulysses is the worst character from the worst dlc. He blamed the courier for delivering a package to nuke nowheresville. The courier, who was just 1 of like 5 that could have actually delivered it, wouldn't know anything of it except where it was addressed to. Obsidian tried to hard to make a 2deep4u bait.

Everything except deadlines and bethesda.