youtube.com/watch?v=PNkA6jnisf0
strawpoll.me/11256413
youtube.com/watch?v=Nt1s2DhNp3I
youtube.com/watch?v=44M5siTtuI4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

STATE YOUR NAME AND RANK SOLDIER

Probably, at the very least the Thalassa plot will be resolved

DARK AGE OF LAW

Anoh Nimus, cunny inspector, here to inspect your cunny.

PohlKUNK-KAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>villain with prosopagnosia shoots a hero in a plot-significant location

>Hero doesn't immediately die and continues to live on

Post yfw
>youtube.com/watch?v=d7jv1ticnf0
>There were two victims

Bonny is looking at you with pleading eyes. What do you do, user?

5 and 6 did a great job cleaning up the mess that was 4. Genuinely excited for whatever 7 brings. Been a long time since I've been hopeful for the future.

Give her my carrot

Will he ever get his rocks off?

just finished it tonight, I was not ready for the feels in the last case. Father-son stuff is my trigger. tfw Dhurke was already dead and had been since you saw him at the start of the case

It's the PW curse, if someone is a good character then they have a high chance of never coming back

Fuck, Marry, Kill

Is that an attack helicopter

Will the next mainline game be an Athena-headline game? Feels that way to me.

No, Taka dies in a Blackquill katana accident

What is the name of that hawk and why is it so awesome?

Fuck magic panties
Marry Taka
Kill the doves

It's Blackquill's hawk I believe

Probably. That or a new character.
They need someone to be Athena's assistant now that Polly is gone.

>Ema to work in Khura'in for an extended period
>Sarge going there for a dig
>it's yet another "Apollo's supporting cast is all girls" episode

Well I guess it makes sense since his one friend who we never met or talked to died

Taka.

He's Blackquill's.

One thing I don't understand is why Lamiroir is waiting to reveal her identity to Apollo and Trucy. As a mother, wouldn't she want to be a part of their lives again as soon as she could?

I wanna have a threesome with Trucy and Rafya!

Will we ever see him again?

The moment Rayfa realizes that ponos goes in vagoo, he's gonna get raped.

Gramarye's are terrible people.

Betty or Bonny, Cred Forums?

He has Ahlbi and Datz with him too.

Kisegawa

It's a recurring theme. Never relax around Gramaryes

So now that we're probably gonna focus on Athena, what should the next game be like?

I think you keep Blackquill as Prosecutor for most of the cases but have them get super fucking dark to tie in with the Psychology theme

Also Sarge should be the new assistant

t. Ratings Rajah

Bonny for the lovin', Betty for the fuckin'
>Betty will never trick you into having rough animalistic intercourse with her by pretending to be your cute girlfriend Bonny

Hopefully never.

I like the idea of Sarge being a therapist/attorney with Athena being her boss, but Idk how her military tactics would come into play with that.

I got legitimately disappointed when I found out Geiru's delicious tits were just balloons.

>Dhurke, a defense attorney, married the former queen
>Apollo, a defense attorney running Dhurke's former office, is working daily with the princess

This series is all about the next generation inheriting from the last, and how things tend to repeat themselves over the years. Poor guy doesn't stand a chance. Rayfa is going to be sure to check if Apollo's "dragon" really does never yield.

>implying Bonny isn't the real beast in bed between the two

true

They would need to change up the mood matrix so it isn't braindead easy first

Case 4 almost got it when Blackquil suggested using evidence in combination with the matrix to find the truth

What's the point of the lives system? It's just a minor inconvenience if you get a game over. And weirdly it doesn't even apply to some of the gimmicks- it applies in the seances, but not on the mood therapy stuff, for example. They should rethink the system, I think.

This. All it does in the modern games is punish you by wasting 25 seconds of your time if you fail enough. They actually meant something in the old games because they gave you a reason to constantly save the game.

You can save at nearly every choice anyways, so there's no real reason for it to exist and there's never been a reason for it to. Were the original GBA versions different or something, and it's just been a holdover ever since?

Am I alone in still wanting Phoenix to be main playable character

No, maybe now that Apollo fucked off we can start developing the original PW cast again instead of having them cameos

And maybe we will get Gumshoe back, Ema doesn't even compare

yes, phoenix's character has nowhere to go, he already had his progression arc

pls no

her mood matrix shit is probably the most out of place gimmick of the series ( and we have spirit channeling as well as staring real hard at you gimmicks)

i cringe when she does her therapy shit in a middle of a trial and the other Prosecutor doesn't even oppose her results and/or just simply stop interacting with the plot

after dd, we had had enough of this dumb cunt

I always thought it gave you a reason to pay closer attention to everything, which only seemed to work half the time.

Oh a million times this.

Give me some pw, Fran, gumshoe and edgy please

>analyzing peoples emotions based on their voice and body signals is cringy
>when phoenix unzips his magic rock and magically detects secrets in the witness it's okay

The only different version was the one in PLvsAA, where IIRC you couldn't savescum because if you resetted the game in the middle of a cross-examination you had to restart the whole testimony from the beginning.
At least the music when the matrix goes haywire is cool.

One of them is a grown adult and the other is almost there. They don't need her as a mom. And with all the years that have passed, there will be no way to reintroduce herself without the awkwardness coming from her long absence.

Gramaryes being shit aside, she's probably just scared of getting rejected by her children after all these years being away and making things uncomfortable for them.

So who was your favorite villain in this game?

Mine was Mr. Reus, that moment where his theme starts is fucking great.
youtube.com/watch?v=g3s1aqSCEd8

>Apollo's bracelet vibrates
>He stops talking and makes you slowly say a sentence
>Stares hard enough at your breasts that his eyes bulge out
>Asks you to say the sentence again
I never liked this mechanic

>Rayfa needs her handmaiden to come into the room and explain how foreplay and intercourse work.

She could still visit them, user. There have been cases where children were lost or kidnapped and never found out the identity of their parents until well into their adulthood. Just because they don't need her anymore, doesn't mean they can't be a part of each other's lives again.

I can't understand people that want the series to be stale. The only reason why SoJ is any good is because they took risks with Apollo's character, completing his backstory and even having him leave the Wright Anything Agency and Japanifornia

Because of the timeskip, people want to know what happened to them after the timeskip.

it is used during investigation that gimmick fits the theme of "invest" people
they also kept most of that shit out of trials

mood matrix is out of place and is horrible used

That assumes Apollo and Trucy want to keep seeing her which can only be found out by them actually meeting. That initial meeting would be the hardest part of reuniting. At least for a mom who has to be the one to initiate.

Unless Phoenix would just tell them and they go seek out their mom.

What happened to the Jury System

it got into DGS

So far? Only Ema even changed somewhat

Apollo's gimmick never really made sense to me.

>glares at you for a minute
>demands to know why you were rubbing your elbow at one point in your testimony
>insists this elbow rubbing is proof you're lying to the court, trust me my magic bracelet told me
>instead of asking why the fuck is that even relevant, what is wrong with you?, proceed to completely fall apart and admit you were lying

Athena is kind of the same situation. People just fall apart because her crazy science program showed they have "inconsistent" emotions. What does that even mean? At that point why hasn't the prosecution thrown the book at her? Manfred would have laughed so hard the bullet in his shoulder finally dislodged and he had to be carted away by the police for murder.

>Phoenix eventually tells them out of fear of them getting together
It would prevent future moments similar to Dhurke saying that Trucy is bride material.

There's a lot of reasons why SoJ is good and it's not mutually exclusive to Apollo. It refined many things introduced in Apollo's game to fit with the actual canon, while also building on the points they could, like Apollo's character. It didn't actually take any huge risks with his character to be honest either. SoJ is so good because it respects all the games, and part of respecting all the games is referencing and re-introducing established characters.

>Athena is kind of the same situation. People just fall apart because her crazy science program showed they have "inconsistent" emotions. What does that even mean?

But athena hardly ever uses the Mood Matrix to nail the lying witness, more often than not she uses it to extrat further details from witness that are actually innocent but troubled

>Dhurke will never visit Apollo again to ask if he made an honest woman out of that magic girl yet.

>Nahyuta is always offensive and gungho on lawyer
>just disappear during trial 4 therapies

these cuntsforce fed athena and her gimmicks down braid head

It was wrote out because they needed to fix phoenix, since the entire reason it was made in the story was idiotic. Even if Shu Takumi really just wanted the game to reflect the real world reform Japan legal system was facing, he probably could have wrote case for it.

t. chestless princess

Ahlbi is cute!

I wish there was more art of him. especially more gay art of him.

I want to see Nick and Trucy be a father-daughter tag team. We never really see them interact.

Phoenix should just marry her instead so there will be no awkwardness with Trucy.

I'd love to see a case with Phoenix being the main lawyer and Trucy as his assistant.
I mean, Maya probably has a lot of her own stuff to manage, hasn't she?

It's kinda depressing we have 3 games witth her and we still haven't gotten this. At least 7 might finally do it, since Apollo's gone and Trucy MUST interact with someone else.

Could happen in AA7 if Phoenix gets a case.

>since Apollo's gone and Trucy MUST interact with someone else.

If the DLC is anything to go by, she now latched onto Athena

It's pretty much gotten to the point where they have more characters than they know what to do with.

>He thinks we'll ever see Thalassa alive through an entire case again

>it took 3 years since DD to make AA6 since Takumi was busy jerking of DGS

>DGS 2 announced

>AA7 won't happen until another 3 years

>3DS will portably be replaced

Well, I sure hope not. or at least no more than some minor cameo in one case.

Eh, they both need fleshing out some so I'm on board.

It's awesome because it belongs to weeb Blackquill.

Not likely given DGS was also building a new engine, which 6 used. DGS will be out next year and PW7 announced the same year.

>mfw the translation project is still alive

Great, I was starting to go full despair.

>there actually are people mad that this game was about Apollo

I hope so, I didn't like Apollo very mych when he was first introduced but the last two games really made me become very fond of him.

No there aren't.

Doujins when?

Probably just waiting for a good opportunity to have a great who-killed-lamiroir murder case.

Why would they be? Polly is great.

I've seen enough projects to know a lot like that reeks of "we're gonna fail and disappear".

They crave more of Nick's dick.

>Polly is great
No, really. No.
Might as well be the most boring playable character in the series.

2007 called it said "MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH"

>implying there is no life and no personal growth after 40
What a sad opinion you have user.

>yfw you'd probably be able to learn enough Japanese to play the game by the time the fan translation is complete

I'm surprised that Nick went through an entire game without taking in a single orphan. He even let one of his orphans go.

The Gamexplain guy was pretty mad.

That has to be Phoenix in AA5 and AA6.

>If the DLC is anything to go by, she now latched onto Athena
Sounds cute.

Actually it's not that easy to read so you might not actually. You certainly could by the time DGS2 fan-translation was done though.

>AA1: Maya
>AA2: Pearl, part-time
>AA3: None
>AA4: Trucy, Apollo. 2x to make up for the last game.
>AA5: Athena
>AA6: None, actually let one go

So he'll be picking up three orphans in the next game to make up for this one, right?

I was actually half-expecting someone to take in the wheelchair girl. I guess that's sort of happened considering she's apparently living in Khu'rain now and could easily pester Apollo.

>That has to be phoenix in AA4

Not the other guy, but fixed that for you.

So, eh, how long can it take to actually study?

>Chessmaster Hobo Wright
>boring

AA4 was when Wright was actually interesting.

>Next game has Nick reach out to a young prodigy prosecutor who has never known the warmth of a family, who gets angry when they see Nick interacting with Trucy and Athena.

Who?

>4 PW
>Interesting

I see the AJ fags are here. Thanks for detracting from the series so hard 5 AND 6 had to fix it guys.

Assuming an hour a day of practice and study, you'd probably be at a reading level required for DGS in about 2 and a half years. Rough estimate; give or take 6 months.

Hobo Wright was such a daddy.

He went from flamboyant homosexual to inexperienced rookie to inexperienced bluff master to jaded banned lawyer to a legend tier defense attorney

Attaching anything more to that progression seems pointless, especially since the cast is litered with people that could be fleshed out

Bullshit dude, I think AJ is worst in the series but still hate that they had to reset Phoenix

Meh. It will get C&D'd later anyway.

God damn, that last case was incredible.

I saw nayna being amara from a mile away, but dhurke already being dead busted my ass ;_;

They reset what AJ ruined, and did it a way that still let both 4 and the original games be canon so if you really really like 4 PW he's still in there.

>I thought Amara was dead and was being channeled to trick Dhurke
>I was tricked from the very beginning.

I'm playing through AAI2 and Nahyuta is quite like the antagonistic judge lady. They both act like assholes and talk about their "religion" despite being proven wrong over and over again. It's really annoying and Yamazaki is a hack.

God, you're the exact retarded target audience Capcom has when hammering the reset button on everyone as often as possible and not localizing anything that doesn't have Phoenix in it.

>I'm playing through AAI2
>Yamazaki is a hack
Pick one.

>t. putrid lawyer scum

Why is he so based?

Psst, hey kid, wanna join the rebels?

You seem reasonable and well adjusted. Welcome to correct what I said.

>want to replay meeting him at the rebel base
>the segment is called "Hey, Datz Are'bal"

heh

god he's so hot
I bet the law office is full of dried jizz covering the walls from all the time he needed some sexual release
god the thought of his hot musky spunk makes me want to jerk off for the 11th time today

He's like a rebel Fulbright; Energetic, charismatic, amusing expressions/animations but still alive

>_>

Damn, I couldn't see any of those wrinkles in my 3DS screen. He actually looks his age in that pic.

Let's poll the people, shall we? What did you think of SoJ?

Case 1:
strawpoll.me/11216542

Case 2:
strawpoll.me/11216545

Case 3:
strawpoll.me/11216548

Case 4:
strawpoll.me/11216552

Case 5:
strawpoll.me/11216556

>Inga's complete name

WHO SAW YESTERDAYS EPISODE, SHIT WAS CASH. THAT GUMSHOE SPEECH REALLY GIVES ME THE DESIRE TO SEE HIM IN THE NEXT GAME AND SEE HOW HE'S GROWN.

One thing that bugs me is that apart from the hair Nayna doesn't look one bit like Amara.

Seems the results have stabilized now:

Case 1 - Decent
Case 2 - Great
Case 3 - Great
Case 4 - Decent
Case 5 - Great

funny how there's only two results

WHAT'S IN THE BAG

A dildo with POLLY written on it. Trucy intended for Apollo to find it and put two and two together, but Athena ruined it.

i want to fuck him so bad holy shit

h-he does know courtesan means prostitute, right

They probably continued with their chosen careers. Fran's working with Interpol/prosecuting in Germany, Edgeworth's cleaning up the Prosecutor's Office in his district, Gumshoe answers to Edgeworth still so he's probably a detective or chief detective.

I wanna know what Kay is doing. And see Nahyuta butt heads with Lang.

Why wouldn't he

>General consensus isn't Case 1 not great
>When goat throw away villain has like 20 minutes of singing
>even manages to get phoenix to sing

This upsets me.

>Changing one character into another's sister because there might be some lesbian context on there
>All while ramping up the homolust between phoenix and edgeworth

Fujoshi were a mistake.

What do you think they think it means dipshit? Kisegawa is a smoking girl personality for a reason.

We'll probably never see Investigations characters in mainline AA, sadly.

Imagine how fucking cool it would be to have Debeste as a guest prosecutor in AA7, though.

Imagine having Gumshoe

Haha, great post!
NOT!!!!!!!!

I think a lot of people thought it rather dragged out and the crime itself was not really interesting at all, but that yes, the witness was fun. That comes down to "decent".

The case was neither interesting nor complex, and it just kept dragging on and on.

I'd rather have the milf judge.

Same, I want to drink her pee.

Fuck: Kisegawa
Marry: Patches
Kill: Uendo

I wonder what other law people think of Nick. He basically caused a revolution in law and has quite the topsy-turvy record.

Heh heh! But here's the tricks laddie, ifn ya kills one ya kills 'em all!!!

Some people forget that not every case, especially first cases, have to be hard or complex. Sometimes being fun or funny is enough. Some early game cases were neither. At least every case now is at least one.

patches a cute

There's a reason he's called "The Turnabout Terror"

>but Athena ruined it
she did it on purpose

>MICROAGGRESSIONS

Yeah, but I wanna see how certain characters like Judge Milf would see him. Edgeworth sees him as an important figure in modern law, but others may not take as kindly to his presence.

Is the eventual DLC with larry worth it? The one in AA5 sure as hell was worth every penny.
The 2 comedic ones seem like a blast too, but $4 seems steep.

3D Franziska when?

It has Larry in it, how could it not be worth it?

WE BE PIRATES WE LOVE TO SAIL THE SEVEN SEAS

this

When she's a surrogate big sister for Adrian

O HOLY MOTHER

WE HOLD THIS DIVINATION SEANCE IN YOUR NAME

Did you watch the whole dance each time, Cred Forums?

No.

I watched the one in the demo and then I watched the first one in the 5th Case out of solidarity.

>Capcom let Maya go topless
>without censorship

Based Capcom

EVERY

SINGLE

ONE.

I don't even know why. It wasn't until the final case had 2 that I thought about skipping. But I didn't.

>don't get to see shit
>not even a glimpse

Every fucking time, sometimes in 3D. We must lewd the Rayfa.

>tfw you realize that that means she's braless

>Trucy, Maya, Rayfa, etc

Why are the girls so best?

Because Yamazaki and Takumi don't fuck around when it comes to cute girls.

>get to case 5
>investigate the doctor's room
>there's a robot shouting "EXTERMINATE" in there

She's flat. She ain't got nothing to hold up.

Is there a youtube video of this scene? I need to see it again.

>Sarge's face finally gets revealed
>only stays in the court record for about 20 minutes before getting removed
Fuck you Yamazaki. I wanted to stare at that adorable face.

I watched it every time except that one time when she had to try twice for the same victim in Case 3.

>EXTERMINATE, ANNIHILATE
Kura'in... Kura'in has changed...

>It seems his real name was Rheel Neh'mu

I closed my 3ds

I want to see Rayfa again, she needs to be with Phoenix as she learns about the States and makes him into her butler. Shenanigan insure

If we do see Rayfa again, it'll probably in AA7 where we play as Apollo in Khura'in.

So can we all agree that Nahyuta is the most boring prosecutor to date?

No, Klav exists.

No. Because Klavier exists.

You forgot about Klavier.

Oh yeah I forgot about him.

Edgeworth>Fran>blackquill>godot>sad monk>klav

God AA4 had issues. Glad series back on track now

It would really feel forced, considering they really made a bond out of Wright and Rayfa. Its one of those "she thinks we're friends but she doesn't treat me like it until she goes through an emotional experience where she gives the signals of wanting that Phoenix Drive".

Klavier "Man with no backstory trauma" Gavin

>magic anal beads
>gorgeous attire fit with magic wind-sash
>uses mob mentality along with looking at where his cases can go
>has a high chance to start nailing Ema
>actual royalty
>Never yields
>Summons butterflies with his mind
What's not to like

Ema already has hatesex with Klavier. She's actually a slut.

Klavier was born without genitals and is thus incapable of sex.

Wrong. He's known as Klavier "Großschwanz" Gavin in some circles.

"Some circles" ? That's pretty vague of you...gavin.

SARGE IS CUTE!

CUTE!

I'd gladly lay on barbed wire for my superior officer!

Who wants Nick to just get get married already?

I want to fucking that wheelchair.

I'm wondering if they end DGS with Ancestor Nick marrying someone, maybe the assistant, since if he's an ancestor he clearly had to have shacked up with someone.

I will protect the Sarge! o7

I don't care unless it's someone we know already

She's a bit too bitchy. If they tweak her to be a bit more like Rayfa she'd be just as good.

Is there a scene where you can see Nahyuta in full? Because I'm pretty sure his sash makes no sense. The thing's clearly rotating around his body but it's not tied together at all.

There's one anime scene where Ema talks to him but it makes no sense there either.

He should marry Adrian.

She's only like that in AA2. She's fine in the Investigation games. Edgeworth clearly knows how to handle her better than Phoenix.

youtube.com/watch?v=I7gsGg-MPX0

Edgeworth handles everyone like a pro in the AAI games. No wonder he's become chief prosecutor and god of law.

> even in Japanifornia with rakugo theaters and soba specialty shops, Blackquill is considered a massive weeb

It's based on Buddhist celestial scarves, it's not supposed to make sense

I thought he was more like Larry Butz - except capable, and the trouble he causes is due to mischief instead of being a total moron.

>Cuties are slowly taking over the DD franchise
>More will only pop up in the future

Are we doing it? Are we finally saving the series from the evil clutches of fujoshits? Will we finally get decent non-homo h material of the series?

What has franziska actually going for her beside being an abusive bitch?

I know, in the game he looks late 20's - early 30s.

>Read his profile
>He's older than Dhurke

>Look up Rakugo.
>Learn there is a Japanese performer who travels to the US and Canada and does it in English.
>Look him up.
>He's been dead for 17 years.

>he actually is the great-great-great-great-great-great-uncle

don't worry, it's massively unfunny

I was just curious because I thought it might've been some weird optical illusion with his model

also
>dat prologue shot of Dhurke cutting directly to Apollo

Not saying I agree with that tier list, but she's a stubborn bitch just like her dad. She fights tooth and nail for that conviction and is very hands on. Compare this to, say, Nahyuta who also fights tooth and nail to get convictions, but only really chimes in after leading defense down logic paths he can turn back on them.

So what's the next uniquely Japanese cultural item they're going to cram into this series?

I'm going to say either sumo wrestling or manzai.

Low-key incest being acceptable. It'll come up in AA7 when Apollo and Trucy learn they're related but still decide to get it on.

Manzai writes itself. Foil comedian murders straight man comedian.

>tfw post game depression postponed till after the DLC

I know that it's coming and that it'll hit me hard.

I hope they center a game around NOT japan during NOT imperial times and war crime denial.

Rayfa truly is the ultimate pandering character, it's pretty telling that she has more prototype designs than everyone else. They really wanted to get her right.

Its not really Manzai in any sense unless both parts are alive and interacting.
Though I suppose you could have a separate double act as a single witness, and the "grieving" foil as the second witness.

You know I knew I was gonna enjoy the game but I enjoy every game in the series

I didn't expect two things though.

1. Apollo having the main focus
2. The Game in my opinion being up there with T&T and AAI2

Did anyone else feel the same?

I remember reading somewhere that "a teenage girl as a main character" was decided on before even "courtroom revolution"

Simon is the prosecutor and acts as the straight man to a foil witness.

That's how I feel, but I'll give it a few months to see if I still feel the same

I felt the same. The game was just incredible all around.

I was so shocked when I saw Apollo on the bottom screen for 6-5

Yeah, the early designs for Rayfa actually shows her on the theme of "underground' trials.

I might say it's my favorite simply for how well done everything is, and ultimately moving the series forward in an infinitely better way than 4 did. All the cases were good and none were bad or annoying. The closest it got was case 4 but that was still very enjoyable.

I guess if i was being REALLY nitpicking I could say Apollo' gimmick is due for an update, like focus on part of a statement rather than slowly listen to the whole thing every time.

I think I might still like this game months from now

same my dude

I was too, but I also have expected it because Phoenix was case 3 and Athena was filler for 4

When I saw Apollo's dad I immediately went are they resolving plotlines from AJ? That's awesome! I got the same vibes from Case 2 as well

When Nahyuta started talking about Apollo leaving I thought they would give us a choice like JfA or something but no he just straight up stayed and I honestly was really happy when I saw the Justice Law Offices sign.

No I'm with you. I'll replay it in a couple of months, but this game brought tears to my eyes and gave me most of what I was asking for since AA4: solid Apollo development.

AA5 was lacking and brought in Athena in which we didn't need at the moment since Apollo just came in. Now that he's story is done maybe Athena can get some time. Actual quality time.

Some people say Athena's character arc is finish plus the ending opened up for Thalassa to finally resolve the AJ plothreads that were left unfinished

It also helped that I was imagining Phoenix with this guy's voice
youtube.com/watch?v=BaPqpJI97Vg
youtu.be/c_3FKi9PFZI?t=11m57s

He absolutely kills it with his Phoenix voice

I can't get teary eyed with videogames, but everything about Dhurke, his personality, rescuing Apollo from the cave, his music theme, and the final plot twist was really masterfully done. Even the fact that Dhurke randomly showing up at the start of the case had its reason, and he was really there just to see Apollo. It rivals the end of 3-5 which was the only other part in the series that manages to make the player really emotional.

Before Phoenix got a proper dub voice, I always imagined him to have Sean Schemmel's Goku voice. It just seemed appropriate. Plus his old low-fi OBJECTION voice sounds kinda like Goku too.

I just really like this particular voice it packs the punch and has the sass that I imagine Phoenix having

As for Sean Schemmel I never actually thought of that before

No offense to Sam Reigel though he does a fine job

Iris is jailed and Phoenix is waiting for her.

Nice as that is to think about, Iris should've been out a long time ago. Her crime was basically Adrian and she was out by T&T. It's 8 years now. Wouldn't be surprised if Iris said some bullshit about being a nun or Phoenix while having lingering feelings, doesn't want a relationship.

I say this as someone who used to diehard ship it.

After all these years she should be out already as she "only" tampered with the crime scene

Let it go, and move on.

Actual character development for Apollo came out of left field for me, finally after 4 games he's been dragged out of the mud and truly stands on his own for possibly the heaviest case in the series.
Seriously, I thought they trained him to be a lawyer as a joke.

Worst she got was 2 years. Best she got was nothing at all because she was represented by the Turnabout Terror.

now that maya is a full fledged medium, she
can probably channel Mia full time.

And since she died at 27, she will look young forever.

>one of the few female characters with explicit romantic interest in MC
>ever being relevant outside of their introduction game

What would happen to her?
She's only 12. Why didn't Apollo adopt her?

Man I usually feel nothing towards AA cases victims outside of a few exceptions, but Manov takes the cake. The poor dude was a part of a big heikaku, where he was controlled by his favorite magician of all time, taking his title and ultimately trying to live up to his name, doing a prank to one of the successors of a band of magicians he respected and adored a lot, only to be pulled up by the cord and being stabbed last seconds and ultimately realizing everything that transpired seconds before dying in agony. Fuck retinz so much.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fia7PLOF7yw

Am I the only one who likes Athena's objection theme the best?

IT WAS JUST A PRANK BRO

I really felt for Dhurke like a lot

But yeah it sucks that Manov died because of IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO the character

So, who's best girl in SoJ?

Armie or Rayfa?

I mean, those are the only girls qualified for said title anyways.

>inb4 muh balloon tits
she's meh.

>and muh Betty and Bonny
but they're fapbait.

>Kisegawa
but that would make you gay.

There should be a strawpoll about Armie vs Rayfa.

NO FUCK YOU

I liked the DD version more. Felt more... dramatic? This one feels more calm.

>his divination seance would just be him waiting in the box, falling down, then being dragged up into PAIN

Liking Kisegawa isn't gay because it's a different person.

> But that would make you gay

Where do you think we are?

Nope

youtube.com/watch?v=PNkA6jnisf0

If I could only have one, Apollo's takes the cake for me.

>implying she doesn't dislike him.

strawpoll.me/11256413
>strawpoll.me/11256413

*appears behind holding a katana to your throat* Explain yourself. Quickly.

Dude she's not coming back. You have a better chance of Kristoph's Black psyche locks getting attention.

>Uendo
>girl

IT WAS JUST A PRANK, BRO

Anybody else think that Maya's ability to casually channel anyone kind of detract from the story? Aside from the fact why they only channeled one victim to try and solve their murder didn't make any sense, it also kind of diminished the importance of death.

Well, she's like one of three people in the world who can even channel someone. I didn't feel the way you do at all.

Well, in the trilogy she could barely channel anyone.

Not to mention it isn't exactly a 100% success rate.

That'd been amusing to see. It's all dark, then it's all bright, then he sees the floor get smaller and farther away, then PAIN and it's dark again.

>Edgeworth shit talks Lang and shows him up on a hundred man investigation he's not officially part of

Armie.
That entire civic case was awesome.

is there any chance Phoenix adopt her and she will be new assistant?

>352241005
what is the name of the girl in the yellow and how much should I masturbate to her. I've never played an AA game ever.

Because Adrian was a lesbo for Celeste Inpax and now she totally wants to fuck von Karma

Why do people call it a civic case? Is it a pun or something?

It's a CIVIL case. CIVIL.

.She sent two years training religiously, and the channeling requires their real name and face. It's a lot more restrictive than you think, and it ultimately gave case 3 and 5, which were both absolutely the shit.

Paul was hilarious, I loved how a teenager girl ruined his entire murder scheme

>Ace Attorney: All Stars
>5 episodes
>Each case features familiar characters as the victim(s), killer, defendant, and witnesses
>7-1 The Imprisoned Turnabout
>Matt Engarde is murdered
>Godot___ is the defendant
>Kristoph is the murderer
>7-2 The Broken Turnabout
>Gumshoe is murdered
>Maggie__ is the defendant
>Ema Skye is the killer
>7-3 Turnabout Objection
>Edgeworth is murdered
>Franziska is the defendant
>Kay Faraday is the killer
>7-4 Pursuit and Turnabout
>Thalassa_ is murdered
>Trucy___ is the defendant
>Rayfa___ is the killer
>7-5 Turnabout Finale
>Maya___ is murdered
>Pearl___ is the defendant
>Iris_____ is the killer

>The Great Ace Attorney 2

It's time for western release petitions, right? They can't keep getting away with this.

Capcom of America is fucking retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nt1s2DhNp3I

Paul brought me back to some of the earlier games where the responses to pressing were completely unhelpful.

Made me want to slap the guy's shit.

Actually, this game in general is pretty great.

Hell, I would even say it's as good as Justice for All, and by that i'm implying SoJ is a "return to former glory" of the franchise because it's quality is comparable to the original trilogy.

You can try to prove me wrong, since this is merely my opinion.

>Hell, I would even say it's as good as Justice for All
No one actually believe JFA is good outside of 2-4, right?

Nope.
6-1, 6-2, and 6-4 were shit.

Do you mean Trials and Tribulations?

>Trucy says the reason Magnifi cast Mr. Reus out was due to his attitude towards magic

Was I the only one thinking "sorry, Trucy, but it probably was just because Magnifi was a fucking prick" during that?

Well, the theft case is one of my personal favorites. And the first case of JfA was pretty neat, I think it's the one with Maggie.

Okay, they said they have to go to another country to raise the stakes for Phoenix

How further can we jump AA?

t. paul atishon

>6-2
>6-1
>Shit

The only shit thing here is you mate

theft case is 3-2
and >the first case of JFA was pretty neat
Oh you mean AMNESIAAAaaaAAA and the the only 1st case that is somehow worse than the 1-1?

Space is the place.

>6-1
>6-2
>Shit
I haven't seen taste THIS bad in awhile

Uh, seems like a completely pragmatic move considering Reus could've legally ruined the troupe and hurt himself.

What did you guys think was the funniest moments that actually made you laugh? For me, it's:

>IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO
>Maya saying she's too real for the stepladder argument
>Edgeworth getting triggered by the Plumed Punisher

Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney

Hey, that was pretty awesome when you used the cellphone as a last resort to catch the criminal. It's that sort of asspull turnabout that makes AA so entertaining.

Probably Edgeworth getting triggered by Plumed Punisher

Ema going MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH again

He covered up an accidental death back in the day anyway, though. He didn't care about that. He probably just went "lol you made a mistake? fuck off buddy"

When Phoenix says that corrupting Rayfa was a "pleasure and an honor" straight to Ga'ran's face without missing a beat.

>Fresh Orphan ripe for the taking
>Nick didn't adopt her

SoJ had some of the most entertaining characters for the series in general. Paul and Uendo are some of the characters I liked because they're comedic as fuck as criminals/witnesses.

Like Oldbag. I really liker her character. Speaking of which, I wish she shows up again, assuming she isn't dead because she's old and all.

Datz popping up in court and finding himself on the business end of Sarge's arsenal

> Abbot going topless and doing his Dhalsim impression
> AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS I'M FREE

>choose "Datz is an idiot"
>he jeers at you from the gallery

6-1 was decent at best, because at least there was a bit of a twist in the murder set-up.
6-2 was damn solid overall. Things would probably had been bulletproof if Bonny didn't fuck up and Reus had to make up for the side-swap. He had everyone pretty good.
6-4 balanced because Athena's inability to do anything was matched with Blackquill carrying the case only because he was hungry. The motive was stupid though. Too japanese of a case.

>tfw you hate Zak so much when Trucy, in tears, says "I have so few precious memories of my father." my first thought was "Yeah, I'll say."

I do not miss the Gramaryes one bit.

>it's as good as Justice for All
>a return to former glory
Seriously, how shit is this taste?

>6-1, 6-2, and 6-4 were shit
You're taste is worse than Michlan. Your trolling right

Better yet he actually let one go.

This girl and his moe tsundere antics will kill Nayuhina, in the credits he comments she always blushes and trembles when she talk to him and he obviously suffers moe attacks from it.

So shouldn't the contract Trucy signed been rendered void by default? I mean, she's a minor.

>when everyone started to sing along metal jesus
>Rayfa getting BTFO in case 1
>Case 2 Thought Route
>Phoenix and Rayfa dialogues in 6-3 and 6-5 investigation.
>Blackquill during 6-4
>Asinine Attorney in general

I love AA so much.

Age of consent in Japanifornia is lower then America.

>anytime Nahyuta mentions his research to learn about cultures overnight
>Datz laughing in the gallery when his firecrackers became a huge point in Inga's murder
>Shado'h biting Edgeworth's scruff thing and getting an entire animation for it
>Trust's fucking everything
>Ga'ran literally rewriting the lawbook in front of you with her fingers as pens

I know AA is all about 'a lot of adults are evil' and 'the next generation is great' themes, but we need more evil kids like from AAI.

>Playing AAI1
>All this continuity porn
>Remember Phoenix loses his badge soon
>Ema's studying doesn't pay off for 9 more years
Suddenly this game seems so bittersweet.

hes the most popular character so yes

> even kept Edgeworth's NGOOH

No, I'm sure the age of consent of Japan isn't as low as you think.

Hell, the contract made by the rebels and the professor in 6-5 is also void since it implies it was written under duress.

>That video of Bonny from a stalker.
>Paul Atishon in general
>Inga Karkhuul Haw'kohd Dis'nahm Bi'ahni Lawga Ormo Pohmpus Da'nit Ar'edi Iz Khura'in III

She has lawyers at her beck and call, she should've...showed them the contract.

For such a short case, Asinine Attorney was fucking fantastic. I wish we had more cases where you can pull everything out of your ass like that.
By the way, when are we gonna get the case with Larry?

The contract looked fine though, they just used carbon paper to copy her signature.

She never showed the contract to a guardian. It's unenforceable. I mean, the contract isn't even considered within the definition of necessaries.

Name a more satisfying moment.

Do you really want Apollo?

Engarde's breakdown.

GUILTY!!Guilty!!GUilTY!GUILTYGUILTY will always be the best moment in the series

yeah

Given one of the last things Apollo's dad said to him was "son, you should marry this chick", if Thalassa doesn't get on with it it's going to get real fucking uncomfortable

>but they're fapbait.
You mean every female?

>Apollo, what were his last words?
>Trucy was 'bride material'.

>...I'm glad he's dead.

>Trucy's real smile is the best...

It's already too late.

>tfw the scene after credits
It's finally happening.

Literally a decade since AA4, more than a decade once AA7 releases

They better be holding back for a good reason.

I'd like AA7 to have free movement investigations like AAI does. Seems like it'd be a lot easier now that all the characters are 3d models.

>Still no fanart of the bun

Anyone ever scan the artbook for this game?

the person who gets shot either leaves a coffin before getting shot or is put into one immediately after

>tfw no porn of Kisegawa

How do you pronounce "Gramarye"?

>Plays AA
>expects to find porn

I should give up expecting it

Grammar-eye

>Still no Dhurke Apollo family photos.
>Only fujos drawing Trilogy era gay shit and irrelevant ApolloxKlavier garbage.

>no art of child Apollo and Nahyuta running around naked like Dhurke said they did

"Hor-ri-ble peo-ple"

t. Mr. Reus the best AA6 villian

Why is Datz so fucking based?

So what's going to become of Ace Attorney? Has Apollo officially taken the mantle, or will it focus on Wright and Athena now?

>I still have so much I want to learn from you, so I'll be back.
Apollo isn't going anywhere.

>the next game focuses on Athena

Please for the love of god, no.

Not only is he a rebel to the Gar'an regime, he's a rebel in general

I actually found myself paying closer attention and thinking more when a penalty was on the line.

I still saved so there's no real danger, but the placebo effect worked here.

That's what I would have said if you told me AJ was gonna have the main focus, and look at how great SoJ turned out. They can easily make it work.

You sure? feels like they're trying to give him his own side series if we're going to see the Justice Law Office in AA7

Turnabout time traveler leaked yet?

FUND IT
U
N
D

I
T

>not being able to appreciate Rakugo

Plebs begone.

Has any fictional or real person been genuinely framed for more murders than Maya Fey?

Why is Nick a better dad than most real dad's in this series?

One thing that really killed the 3rd case for me was when you got the initial Guilty verdict, it made zero fucking sense.

>maya came up behind him and stabbed him
Even though he heard no footsteps behind him and she couldn't have caught up to him that quickly.

>the entire argument is based of Datz's incoherent ramblings
>is substantiated by Nahyuta going 'muh holy mother this happened, ok I aint gotta prove shit'
>maya had no motive other than 'she was kee'ra because she got here 2 years ago'

That was absolutely dumb and had no reason to get a guilty verdict to 'build suspense' or whatever. Furthermore, it was dumb how we were supposed to see Nahyuta as a credible threat when Apollo beats him the case right before this one.

You could have gotten it day one if you pirated it

I haven't bought or played this game yet. Is it actually as good as T&T? AA5 was utter trash and I swore off supporting this franchise after DGS announced for no localization.

The contract wasn't even notarized. It was just a piece of scrap paper that said 'I'll give these guys an orb'.

You don't need a contract to be notarized for it to be valid, user.

I did pirate the game, user.
Would you care to share the cia file of dlc case?

If you downloaded it via freeshop, it would have downloaded the DLC, too, if not, then why the fuck don't you have Freeshop?

I'll grant you 6-1. It was a pretty standard 1st case, which makes it bad. Most 1st cases in the series are forgettable. the greatest exception is Apollo Justice's Case 1 and AAI-2's.

6-2 was awesome though. It had really fun characters and a unique twist on how the murder was carried out.

Controversially, I think 6-4 was a good case. It's definitely filler, but the characters were good in 6-4 as well imo. It also skips the [mostly] boring investigation stuff and gets right to the action, which I tend to appreciate.

Still on the fence using freeshop. It just seems too easy to pirate directly from eshop. Wouldn't want to get caught when suddenly Nintendo being anal about it.
Guess I might as well try now.
Thanks by the way, user.

Well, T&T was the best in the Trilogy.

How does Nahyuta take off his necklace so easily when he has a fucking huge braid in the way?

I enjoy the investigations because if done well, they build an incredible amount of suspense.

Just look at 6-5. There were 100 things we didn't know and we were just then going to trial.

I think the funniest moment for me was the first time Paul Atishon gave some vague answer and then just nonchalantly walked off the stand.

Investigations have their moments but a lot of the time I feel they drag on way too long.

I think with 6-5, my favorite moments were actually before you even knew you had a case: when Dhurke and Apollo were just having their whole backstory fleshed out.

The Ace Attorney Investigation games kind of had an interesting idea in that rather than a huge chunk of investigations followed by a trial, they interspersed trial-like segments in the investigations themselves. I wouldn't mind if they brought back a similar concept even for the main series. I think it's a good idea to relieve some of the tedium of examining around.

Is Nick the best mentor ever? I mean, he's a mentor to two main characters and he's a dad. And he's still alive. His very existence is nothing short of miraculous. The worst thing to happen to him was getting disbarred for seven years.

>took in Maya after she lost her sister
>became a father figure to Pearl
>adopted Trucy
>mentored Polly
>mentored Athena
>was a positive influence on Washboard-chan

All these death flags, man.

>Recurring character
>dying
Pick one. Nick is nigh invincible

Nintendo doesn't really even care about 3DS piracy because the majority of people who play their games either don't know how, or don't want to take the time to hack. The best thy can do is prevent it in later firmaresw

Guess I'll just spend my money on SMT then.

Just beat SoJ. It was definitely one of the top tier Ace Attorney. With exception for AAI2 every game had at least one stinker case, but here I enjoyed every chapter through and through, which was really surprising.

My main gripe with SoJ probably is how they left Inga's part in 6-5 unexplored. They left many clues about his true relationships and I was expecting that Amara and Inga gave birth to Rayfa. This fact would've shed a light on his motive for coup as well as his rivalry with Dhurke, yet they left him just there as another greedy to power villain.

Still, I'm very impressed with this game and really looking forward to series future.

tfw Apollo actually has a better and more interesting backstory than Phoenix at this point.

He's also one of the few mentors who isn't evil as well. Polly and Athena really lucked out.

Then again, they both also have really tragic pasts, so maybe Nick is the world's way of making it up to them.

I kinda wanna see what would happen. I like PW but the development and case that would follow that would be fucking legendary.

Hey, don't forget he got accused for stealing money from school

Nick doesn't really have a backstory. Aside from the thing from his elementary school and the thing with Iris, his entire past is a blank slate. He's not special or anything. No special powers or lineage. No dark past.

In that regard, it's kind of amazing how he, of all people, is considered the legendary attorney.

When Wright accuses Datz of killing Archie and Datz calls him a backstabber

>They actually flashback to that old-ass CG

Well at this point, Nick's backstory is the first 3 games (Technically DGS too), and I definitely would say in terms of backstory Nick's is still better. We just don't really know his family yet, or much of his childhood beyond that classroom bit.

Of course he's legendary, he saves hopeless cases from the brink of disaster.

I dunno man. Case 5 of this game and the last two cases of DD gave me a lot of feels with Apollo. I also think that the story with his mom in AJ is interesting, and his very first trial was a much more fascinating turnabout, even if Phoenix carried him a bit.

What I remember about Nick is that as a kid he and Edgeworth were friends and he was inspired to become an attorney by Edgeworth's defense of him. He then seemed to live a pretty normal life until Iris and Dahlia entered the picture. After being wrongfully accused of murder, he was inspired [again] to become an attorney by Mia Fey's defense of him. Mia also took her under his wing, I guess after he finished law school.

I think Apollo wins out personally. That's not necessarily to say that he's a better character though. there's something appealing about nick's everyman sort of quality, as

pointed out.

Yup, didn't want to miss anything in case something different happened during the dance.

AA3 = AAI2 > AA6 > AA = AA5 > AJ > AAI > AA2

>>and muh Betty and Bonny
>but they're fapbait.

>implying a loli on a wheelchair isn't fapbait

I think Nick's still cooler than Apollo or Athena. No special powers or gadgets. Just pure bluffs, trickery and manipulation. He accomplishes what gods do with nothing more than human ingenuity. That shit's pretty cool.

Have we reached the end of Dark Age of the Lewds?

That magatama is totally cheating, even if it's only used in investigations, it still produces evidence for trials.

True. At least it's less effective than Perceive and the Mood Matrix.

All it really does is tell him people are lying. He still has to prove they are with evidence. Apollo's is absolute bullshit (ur finger moved STOP LYING) and Athena's more just...normalizing emotional trauma so people can continue testifying. The only one that really needs some tweaking is Apollo's.

>no special gadgets or powers
Magatama

>less effective than percieve
Percieve is very situational. It doesn't forces the target to talk unlike the Magatama.

Well, sometimes appollo's gimmick shows when people are hiding objects or when they're uncomfortable with certain part of their body and it makes sens for people to stop lying

The Magatama doesn't make people talk. It just shows they're lying, and how reluctant they are to talk. Evidence is still required, and his gimmick can potentially get him a game over for whatever reason.

>Apollo's is absolute bullshit (ur finger moved STOP LYING)
You have to present evidence to prove they're lying, though. The nervous habits just show they have something to hide.

Rape case in Ace Attorney when?

>The semen found at the crime scene... was the defendant's...
>this starts playing youtube.com/watch?v=44M5siTtuI4

I can agree with this

No, the Magatama forces people to speak that is it's power. Proof is required to open the locks. In the game it was introduced people even wondered why they were telling you their secrets.

I'm sure something like that has happened on AAO before.

Speaking of which, is that still active? I hope so.

Whoa, AA6 over AA1? I'd agree if you were talking about the original AA1, but the DS version is a league above AA6.

Not really, AA1 does have the issue of 3 day long trials and feels unpolished. Really, play it again.

There is an AAO general in vg right now.

Small edit:
AA3 = AAI2 > AA6 > AA = AA5 > AAI > AA2 > AJ

How are they faring after 6-4 one-upped them at their game?

I wish Wright had more composure during trials to show some sort of growth. It feels like the way he acted in AJ was just forgotten.

I want to replay them all now that I finished AA6

I don't have the spare time to play AA1 again, but I didn't mind the 3 day trials. In fact, I wish the newer games had them.

As for polish, I'll say that the third case is overall tacky but the rest of the game is fine IMO.

I just think AA1 did a lot of things right. The prosecutors are actually scummy, it does a great job of introducing the cast, and Rise From the Ashes is glorious.

idk, the FF Type 0 translation went through a lot of drama but was eventually released

I'm still waiting for Xenosaga 1+2 to be translated

Nick is usually very confident when he has his shit in the bag. Nick had seven years to work on that case, so his confidence and composure was through the roof.

But he doesn't have that advantage anymore. A case can still throw him a curveball, and the court is still stacked against the defense's favor. For what it's worth, though, whenever we see Nick through the eyes of others, he's very composed. When we see things from his perspective, he's still the same old Nick, but he doesn't let that stuff leak out as much. When Polly went against Nick in the civil trial, he felt like an iron wall.

Just finished Rise from the Ashes again.

God damn that case was good.

It's been a long time since I played the first game, but I really just liked the 4th and 5th cases. Those are legendary. The second case was decent, while the others were meh imo.

Gameplay wise it is the most barebones, eschewing a lot of gimmicks that they added later. That has its pros and cons.

I'd probably rank it highly just because the 4th and 5th cases are so good. I don't know if I'd rank it at the top anymore.

He was working the one case for 7 years. Confidence is a given after that much time.

In Khura'in he's thrust into a new system that's completely against him. There's no reason for him to feign confidence.

He's also pretty good co-counsel.

I think the series needs another strong rival. Someone to rival the likes of Edgeworth, Von Karma and Godat. Ever since AA4, the prosecutors haven't felt very threatening.

I think what they should do is bring an old legendary prosecutor back from retirement or something.

Nahyuta was strong as shit. He actively went for convictions regardless of how creditable it was. He just wasn't hands on like Von Karma was, and SoJ is easier than easier games so it's harder to sell "strong rival"

I wouldn't say no to ancient prosecutor coming out of retirement to put the screws to, I assume, Athena.

I want them to make just one more edgeworth game, but the final case requires you to argue against Phoenix Wright.

Kristoph's black psychelocks did get attention by Athena's in DD being explained, basically the black psychelocks mean he's pathologically convinced himself of his own bullshit

I mean his specifically.

That'd be heard to do. That would require for Nick to defend someone who's ultimately guilty, but thanks to his Magatama, that would be really difficult.

Let go and move on.

It would be hard. They'd have to set up a supremely good villain for it to work, or somebody who committed murder in a way that they were not directly involved (e.g. Mr. Reus).

But it would be epic if they pulled it off.

Amara has dem hips

Not just that, though. Nick has to have unwavering faith in his client. That's when he's at his strongest. If he has any doubt, then it could damage his game. Furthermore, if his client turns out to be guilty, then he'll immediately move to your side and help you, which would diminish his quality as a boss.

Somehow or other, Nick's client has to be innocent, but Edgeworth must also have justifiable reason to pursue them. Only then will Nick be the strongest boss.

It's too bad they both can't be right. Ultimately, the truth is a lawyer's greatest weapon.

Still, it'd be cool. Nick constantly turning the case around, proposing wild and insane theories, pulling answers out of the smallest detail.

One of the best (if not the best) butts of the witness stand.

Somebody ought to rip her model so we can get a better look.
All we see in-game is a few pixels of her bodacious hips during the gallery pan.

I was expecting during the entire case 3 for the missing orb to be pointed out or something but it never fucking came up.

I almost expected Nick to become a father figure for Amara too.

Nahyuta trying to perform the soba routine in court and having the judge captivated was pretty fucking funny.

Also for some reason I thought it was funny when Blackquill deflected the second round of beads from Nahyuta.

Assuming you haven't finished the game yet, they talk about how it was covered up by certain person a bit later in the game.

"Don't jump in the bandwagon, AJ!"

So Duel Destinies was the real filler and AJ and SoJ are the main stories.

Gee, really makes you think...

>Trucy shows her trick in the courtroom
>keep pressing every statement
>eventually everyone (even the gallery) starts telling Apollo to shut up and just watch

>sad that the game is over
>find out DLC is leaked for piratefags
And the ride continues.

AJ isn't even completely canon anymore. DD was a retcon and trying to move the series forward. SoJ is just straight sequel.

The pirates are being pretty gracious. Nobody's tried to spoil anything yet.

feels like the original trilogy

Hey, that was from my meme page Drake Gumshoe

>AJ isn't even completely canon anymore. DD was a retcon
True that DD tries its hardest to pretend AJ never happened, but also actually never contradicts it

Jurist system.

Dual Destinies was Nick's comeback, though.

I don't care what anyone says, I liked Moe. He was just trying to keep everyone's spirits up and laugh through the pain as his world was falling apart.

Am I the only one who wants Athena v Franziska

Has anyone ever called Phoenix by his first name after the trilogy? people only ever refer to him as Wright, Nick, or Boss

I would never say no to girl on girl whipping.

Plenty. Lots of characters referred to him by his full name "Phoenix Wright".

It's true that it's extremely rare for anyone to call him just "Phoenix" though.

Sasha just calls him Phoenix. She's extremely casual like that.

Reminder that we're now officially in Ace Attorney times.

Man I sure am excited to keep watching the Steel Samurai. I hope they don't cancel it.

In AJ itself it was stated that that trial was experimental, it can be a one time thing without it being a plot hole by itself

Of course, the real reason it's not in play is because the Jury system in real life Japan ended up not working out.

>Nahyuta talking about doing research into hamburgers
>Paul walking away after being asked a difficult question
>HEY KID WANNA JOIN OUR CAUSE
>Apollo calling old men unreliable right in front of the judge

Also because it's a pain to introduce characters for it.

kek

They don't have to introduce characters for it. In fact, they can't. The jurors cannot have any connection to the case at hand or the people involved. The reason Polly's mom got in was because Nick manipulated a loophole. Ordinarily, there would be no reason for the defense attorney to ever come in contact with the members of the jury.

>wastes an entire day of the court's time with his made up bullshit
And yet it's really hard to hate him.

Also Ponco.

they would anyway because it's PW and case are insane enough that they could approach it again.

I think the Jurist System is stupid for Ace Attorney anyway. That would mean they'd have to create inherently unwinnable cases that would require a jury's presence to allow for a not guilty verdict.

What the fuck is his problem?

Actually the current Japanese court system requires a professional judge (3 seperate from the normal jurors) alongside the jurors so if the jurist system was accurate in game you'd have to make all the cases winnable anyway.

Why even have a juror system? the current system in AA is not only effective, it even points out the true culprit

>Bad End 1
>Paul gets the Founders orb and Apollo and Nicks relationship took a nosedive
Why is Apollo a salty bitch?

Because up until Nick showed up, most trials ended with guilty verdicts.

Von Karma says hi.

See , before Edgeworth took over the office the majority of prosecutors wasn't that different from Von Karma if not worse in pragmatic evil

Why does everyone hate Klavier? His antics are amusing and he's got to be the nicest prosecutor in the series. I'm pretty sure he's the only one who wasn't a criminal, didn't resort to underhanded tactics or use phisical violence against the defense. And when push comes to shove he even helped Apollo convict his best friend and his brother when they turned out to be guilty. He could definitely be a good addiction to a future game if he was just fleshed out a little more.

>the Blue Badger is actually Grossberg

We don't HATE him. It's just that he's, well, not very threatening as a prosecutor. He lacks the ruthless edge that other prosecutors have.

Thing is he makes for a very poor game boss.

He's a really good person, just not as exciting to beat as other prosecutors.

>he's got to be the nicest prosecutor in the series.
>he even helped Apollo convict his best friend and his brother when they turned out to be guilty.
Gee, I wonder.

You're not alone user. Klavier was a step in the right direction. It's a real shame that they went back to the "asshole prosecutor who really just wants his guilty verdict" meme with Simon and Nahyuta (and Barnham, and Darklaw, and everyone else). After a decade of Ace Attorney games it's simply impossible to take these guys seriously anymore.

I still got penalties just by pressing

>"asshole prosecutor who really just wants his guilty verdict" meme with Simon
...not really?

Are you implying he didn't do the right thing?

Why did they kill Mia if they were just gonna have her constantly appearing for the rest of the trilogy?

I hate this dumb argument. There are non-asshole prosecutors at this point who want to find the truth and are cool guys - Edgeworth, Blackquill. But those guys also actually pose a challenge in court because they actually do their fucking job, and thus make the gameplay exciting. Klavier is not the only prosecutor who isn't an asshole, he's the only one who is a massive pushover.

>"asshole prosecutor who really just wants his guilty verdict" meme with Simon
Have you even played DD? When he started suspecting that the witness is indeed the true culprit he stops protecting him and just tries to find the truth. If someone doesn't give a fuck about getting a guilty verdict it's him.

He didn't. If a prosecutor wants to truthfag, that's fine. But if a prosecutor doesn't want to do his fucking job, it's unacceptable.

The whole channelling thing kind of lessens the impact of some deaths if you think that, for example, Apollo could always ask Maya to channel Dhurke if he really wanted to speak with him again.

>he's got to be the nicest prosecutor in the series
Well, that's the thing. Him being nice makes him a boring opponent.

>witness thinks the prosecutor is on their side
>that moment when they realize they're wrong

Based Blackquill.

To be fair Edgeworth only became less asshole-ish after the first game, he was hell bent on getting guilty verdicts before the whole Von Karma reveal.

I want Rayfa to call me onii-chan

He's a pushover, has no interesting backstory, no noticeable character development or flaws to develop in a game that gave him TWO separate reasons to deny the truth and let apollo take the stage like HE SHOULD. Oh, and his continued existence reminds me Kristoph exists.

Kind of unrelated but what would a real life prosecutor do in the same situation? I imagine they would be taken off the case.

>Rayfa tries to call Nahyuta brother
>"B-... b-..."
>"Buh...?"
>ends up calling him Braided Head

Sides were split.

I would think the case ends in mistrial. If you just replaced the person then you could get an endless stream of prosecutors claiming the previous one was bullshiting.

>TWO separate reasons to deny the truth
>both probably got the death sentence
>gives no fucks and continues to be the same as before

What a pal.

new thread where

Actually now that i think about it. Gavin was the sidekick. AJ didn't have a prosecutor.