Ctrl + F, No "For Honor" thread?

For Honor thread! How is everyone enjoying the game? What are your likes, dislikes? What do you think could be added or improved to make the game more well-rounded?

I'm dying to try this game out as its one of the few games recently that's piqued my interest. Not trying to be a dirty beggar, but if you happen to have a PC key that you don't want, I'd gladly love to put tons of hours into whats left of the alpha in your place. My uplay is CowPolice

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kxmtAeogPis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Orochi being able to always follow up with a two hit after their dash is stupid strong

Watched Oroboro play a bit of it. He would just do a shoulder bash into a 2 hit combo for the guy's entire health bar. Every.Single.Time.

I hope that's not how the game actualy plays.

I'm pretty sure oroboros goes out of his way to always beat people using the most abusable shit

guy rocked a miracle buffed falchion in dark souls

Yeah, it was entertaining for a while; but it just got old. While it can be abused, the fun of the game is to try and find new ways to combo your opponents and beat them.

I killed someone in streetfighter by spamming hadouken

They can spam it like he does, but dodge and gaurd breakk mechanics make it easy to counter

>How is everyone enjoying the game?
I wish.

Same, I can't believe I didn't get a key and no one is willing to share one for the last few hours of the alpha. I just wanted to play at least one match. Do you think there will be a closed/open beta later?

Disliking the amount of cunty Orochi, but other than that it was enjoyable. Killing the soldiers is really cool looking, and the combat is decent if a little difficult to work with. I can see the Knight's heavy unit and the assassins being very OP if they don't rebalance the game like they should

The official website has a link to sign up for the beta

day one play style of every comp game is like that.

Takes a few days for people to learn how to counter stuff.

Oh whoops, I signed up for it. What I meant to ask was if there was a date for it yet

The alpha is ending extremely soon, no point begging for a key anymore

Was it any good?

The duel mode is really fucking good

That only works against newer players. People don't understand the game mechanics fully yet so naturally the most abusable shit is being done against them. Once you have it figured out though it's very easy to deal with people who spam the same shit over and over, kinda like in dark souls.

Surprisingly yes, I thought this would be another Ubisoft blunder and whilst the game does need some slight improvements it's overall pretty fun. The combat is satisfying and the classes feel unique, will be interesting to see how the game plays when the other characters are added into the mix.

Have you tried Brawl yet?

Shit's so fucking fun with a friend.

>test ends in less than 2 hours
Are they going to extend it?
I was very surprised by how much I like it.
Did they say they were going to have a beta later?
I want to try out some of the other classes.

There is going to be a beta and there is no word of them extending the alpha.

I wish I could give you my invite instead because I didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would. It's a stress test so heavy emphasis on multiplayer and I'm more of a solo player. I did enjoy the shield customizer, I guess.

>no extension

>finds Duel in 5 seconds
>matchmaking has timed out on other modes
Fuck this I've never played Dominion

I can't even finish a damn match because of disconnects. The only match I DID finish, more than half the players were replaced by bots by the end.

I watched that too
Those people he played where retarded, none of them dashed to the fucking side.
There is an actual Unblockable you can do with ward if you jsut keep pushing them into wall tho.
Game need tunning

Why is it alwasy kantana tippers that rage quit?
Can't they handle their superior steel getting shoved up thier own ass?

Because orochi players are mostly aids. Nothing more satisfying than a rage qutting Orochi who's mad because he could abuse his deflect mechanic.

Weaboo Nation will not be stopped.

Weaboo Nation will always be victorious.

Join Weaboo Nation!

Anyway have they showed customization yet?

It feels like ubi has paid a lot for shills.

Do we finally have screenshots of female Raider?

Remove anime

>That flail execution
Is this another case of all weapon animations assuming a fucking sword?

>Uplay

Op's totally not a shill :^)

Anyways, the game is pretty fun, wouldn't say balanced but i need to understand more the combat mechanics the game and every hero.
It has bugs, but it's obvius, this is a pre-alpha.

I like the gameplay itself,very satisfying if you understand it, the customization is cool too, and the artistic design it's nice.
I don't like the design of some maps.
i would care very much for the balance on maps and heroes

I'm a fucking weeb, i love Orochi and Kensai big sword.

Nah something went wrong there, it usually has physics to it

Am I weeb if I play Kensei? Or are Orochis the Serbs?

What's a character that can effectively run down an orochi?
Literally every orochi I fight is a fucking coward that runs away after they lose half their health

>People complaning about Orochi when you can't fucking open op Conquerors
Is it just because im playing Raider and all their attacks are slow?

Because i could do absolutly zero agains some guy that just went into defence mode when i tryed a stunning tap and just gaurd broke my "unblockable" with his stupide shield slame bullshit.
Did i mention conqueror has faster lights then raider?
because they do

It was like that on the first day it was up for me. Been fine ever since.

Needs a Mamluk faction

None, it's currently the fastest one. A berseker might be able to but the Orochi is basically just a more effective version of that class. Orochi definitely needs some balancing before release, the game lists it as a difficult class to play but it's by far the most braindead one of them all.

Have there been any talk of faction expansions from devs?

>not playing as warden
well there's your problem right there friend

>playing as second rate warriors
Go Deus vult somewhere else fuccboi

Knights are literally Vikings after leveling up.

>playing savages
Sorry, got better things to do than rape all of the village sheep before running away.

Warden was fun if rather non-flashy and is definitely presented as a simple standard class to play. Parries and finding out when you can do them/when you shouldn't was very fun to pull off, and it feels really good to land one that leads into something.

I wasn't so annoyed about the Orochi or Conquerer cheese strats because I wanted to figure out how to beat that stuff, and I eventually did - but it relied on my opponent always going for a certain thing during repeated set-ups every time. I think with enough time, some classes will flat out be better and once everyone settles in, some classes will not have reliable answers. Warden might still have a chance in that race because of shoulder being so damn buff, but if people know to dodge it then there isn't much else to worry about from the class.

I got my code from a generous user and I wanted to thank him once again for that. Don't think I'll have time to play more today sadly. Having reflected on my time, I enjoyed myself a lot, but I think most of that comes from learning a new system that I'm not familiar with. When I take that aspect out and look at the game itself, it doesn't look like it will have much of a lasting appeal for the masses. For $60, it doesn't offer a lot even if a single player campaign is involved. It doesn't help that I enjoy 1v1 way more than the other modes, and it's clear they want 4v4 to be something more mainline and the 1v1 stuff a side attraction.

Is there an option to defend against shield bash?

It's honestly one of the worst games I've played in a long time. I hate it with a passion, even when I'm winning. Clunky, random. Anything but 1v1 is just a gankfest. I think I'd have an easier time in real like defending against two opponents than I do in the game.

So shit. Not even counting the horrible abuse of history.

Anyone else want codes while the alpha is still going on? I got two left.

the alpha is going to be up for another 3 minutes

the alpha literally ends in less than one minute.

It's a case of alpha

I'm going to love the shit out of these faction wars once the game comes out

Why didn't you give one to the OP, ya know, the one who asked for one

Personally I love the game, but there are two major fucking things that can ruin my fun with it.

>P2P
For some reason it loves to pick the shittiest fucking host and lag the game until eventually it drops the host and possibly more people, worst case crashing the game.

>Running away is too fucking viable of a tactic
This fucking pisses me off so much in the game. It happens every single dominion I play. You face a guy, either alone or with your group, and the second he runs into trouble he rolls to get away, and then just runs off. Everyone is the same speed so it's impossible to catch him, and he just runs for literally a minute straight, going around the map trying to find teammates so they can either double team you or be evenly matched. It's so fucking frustrating having a dude be one hit for dead just for him to act like a pussy and run away for an entire fucking minute when you can't do a thing about it if your character doesn't have a projectile.

dominion isn't a well designed gamemode

just play brawl of duels if you want people to actually fight you and not run away and mash heavy attacks in a team

>last paragraph
My exact feelings.
I posted this in a previous thread, but I feel like I'm playing only for the sake of getting better, for learning the system.

I'd rather that skill improvement was a byproduct of me just playing for fun, but the only fun I find in it really just lies in duels.

Dominion is really shit anyways
They should have another mode as their main feture.

I know dominion is shit, but I was playing with multiple friends so it was our only choice seeing as the alpha would refuse to let you play a private 2v2

Well RIP the alpha

Game seems okay. I might buy it but 60 fucking euros god damn

It was a pretty damn good alpha. I already knew I was getting the game, but I'm pretty happy that I was able to get codes for all my friends on xbone and they are now going to get it as well. I'm just trying to decide if I want to spring for that collectors edition or not

Fuck, just got on only to find out that its ended. any word on next beta?

I miss it already
BETA WHEN?

BETA SOON

>implying if another asshole on the enemy team comes up and sucker punches you in the middle of a fight, you don't run away.

>he can't handle more than one person with a shit ton of environmental options everywhere

>p2p match making
>massive m&kb input lag in duels
>only 3 maps in this alpha

Really pissed me off that shit.

I was cautiously hopeful for the game before, but now after playing the alpha it's pretty much a sure buy for me.

I didn't. I countered them and used them to fill my revenge meter.

2v1 is fine, it's the getting sucker punched and beat into a stagger combo that pisses me off.

>those load times in 1v1
Please for the love of god if you fix anything ubi fix this

>p2p matchmaking
hopefully it gets changed for the beta, i know the rainbow six siege alpha had p2p but in the beta it changed to servers.

when you're getting attacked by multiple people, your only option is to
a/ run and find a friend
b/ forever block until the game is over

>Tfw mastered the conqueror so perfectly that I almost always beat my opponent in brawl and would run over and tackle my teammates enemy with my shield just to be a fucking dick
I wouldn't even join in the fight, I would just stand on the sidelines, taunting and tackling them down.

Sorry user, but it's fun as fuck

How the fuck did the 2v1 counter system work? In the tutorial it said it would auto counter the second attacker, but it never fucking did that, I would just get hit by every attack from the second guy

reposting user's mockup for a WE WUZ faction

>In the tutorial it said it would auto counter the second attacker,
It never said that. It said their attacks would come from the side they are standing on, and that's how you block.
So if they are on your left, you just need to block from the left to counter them, no matter what direction attack they do

Fagkings are izi mode I can't wait to shit on them as Samurai/Knight.

>They gave the DUEL WEILD class to the Knight faction instead of the Japs
The 2kat memes would have ridden themselves

>would run over and tackle my teammates enemy with my shield just to be a fucking dick
YES. Holy shit, I was laughing so goddamn hard at how based Conquerer's shoulder tackles are.

>playing 2v2, just beat my opponent
>begin sprinting all the way over to my ally to make sure he's alright
>notice my ally is losing hard, enemy has almost full health
>when I finally get there, I instinctively shoulder-tackle him
>HE FALLS OFF THE EDGE 100FT AND DIES

Anyone else surprised at how decently balanced the game was? Orochi and berserker seemed a little op at the start, but once I realized every person that plays them was braindead and could only figure out how to use one combo, every fight against them was easy.

characters shouldn't be balanced by how braindead the player playing them is

a orochi that understands the concept of mixups is absolutely terrifying, and the fact that they can link their dash into an overhead with zero interference is bullshit

>orochi
>balanced
>literally the teleports behind you hero
>teleports in front of you
>overhead heavy from 10ft away
>teleports to you
>turns around
>stabs behind himself
>you dodge 10ft back
>still hits you
no

Bad Orochis are easy to kill, all they do is spam light attack and change angles but a decent or somewhat skilled Orochi is unbeatable right now.

He's hands down my favorite character so far. I have high hopes for the other two knights, but so far Conquerer's my main. I prestieged him and got all my armor to max.
I would almost never die in a duel, and never lose the duel.

I still fucking hate Conquerors
>auto block mode
>heavy attack are useless against them
>has block frame on the start up of their heavys
>le no stamina man
Mark my word, those fucks are gonna be OP next beta

Who Halbeard/Naginata here?

Agreed. Also, how do you handle Oroichi? I'm guessing spamming guard breaks/tackles is Oroichi's counter but I'm still a scrub so I have no idea.

I just hope the open beta has all classes.

The only Orochi's I'm unable to beat, are those that feint properly and keeps feinting. Fuck their ability to feint storm rush, it's such a strong zone control.

>modern game assassin creed ui where mad shit is covering your screen

no thank you

>guardbreak orochi

uhhh

Wait for them to get impatient and attack, parry, fast attack, guard break, fast attack, dodge backwards, repeat.

guard breaks aren't a counter to anything, the more you use them the less useful they become

a counter to an orochi is being able to read its dash attack/feint from the dash and preventing his bullshit dash>overhead>guardbreak>side slash>repeat

feinting a heavy attack and then following up with a light is also decent to fuck up their counters

Did nobody here learn how to parry? It's literally the easiest shit and solves every single problem.

>Getting gaurd broken by and Oroci and just have to watch as you eat a heavy
Nothing makes me more angry

>that last attack was an over head heavy
Even taking into account the increased playback speed, that should not be in the game.

So, how do you deal with deflecting? Every time I found an Orochi that actually stopped my shieldbreakers I tilted hard. Is there any solution other than building Revenge meter as a Warden?

>deal with deflecting
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that shit links into ever getting hit by the dash

Personally I would wait on them. Keep your distance so they can't guard break and wait for them to attack, counter it, and then hit them back.

Also for a conquerer it's extremely important to know how fucking valuable charging your swing is. Charge it up and close the distance between you two, either waiting for them to attack so you can block it and then swing, or take the initiative and switch directions and swing to catch them off guard. And follow up with a shoulder base and heavy hit combo

Take the first hit and parry the next.

I fucking love how salty fags would get when I used him. I even had one call me a hacker and said he reported me

Try feinting heavy attacks or wait for them to attack you.

Mind games can also really help against Orochi.

Sent ;)

Yeah, I'm really loving Chivalry: Nippon & Thor edition

>part of the screen is always taken up so the game can remind you what the chat button is

I couldn't even get into a 4 player team Conquest game because the game doesn't like my NAT and doesn't do punch-through like a fucking indie game can.

That said, the Duel matches I played were people spamming guard breaks and/or hoping to change directions in 2 milliseconds to prevent defense. No positions, just spam.

Meh. If I wanted that, I'd just play Chivalry.

Right, so the only way to consistently beat an Orochi who's got the fucking basics down is parrying a 50ms strike that can hit you from 10ft away and even chained into a combo. Sounds well balanced.

>F1 isn't even the chat button

nerf conqueror pls

Jerk

Can we all agree that the Conqueror and Orochi need to be nerfed?

I haven't increased the playback speed, I nerfed the framerate from 60 to 24 for sake of 3mb limit, so might been slightly i guess.

Also nothing wrong with the overhead attack from Orochi, it's just annoying that they can combo from the dash into top attack. Or more specifically, it's ridiculously stupid that the dash is a heavy attack, had it been a light attack that combo wouldn't have hurt so much and forced Orochi to combo either for light overhead for guaranteed attacks or heavy for damage, but heavy would have given the defender a chance to react.

Take off the headphones. Seriously, the shwiing sound of his strikes actually throws you off quite a lot.

Orochi, sure. I haven't seen a single competent Conqueror player, but from what little I've played of him he seems really strong.

it's a bit more than 50ms, but the fact that they can cancel it at any point and change it into a guard break or a different direction of attack is pretty ridiculous

compare that to the berserker, the other assassin class
>their dash attack can only come from one direction
>it can't be interrupted
>it's extremely telegraphed since you jump in the air, parry bait
>can't link it into anything at all

It has womyn warriors and is therefore shit senpai.

>Ubisoft

>people want Conqueror nerfed

You must be the people that let me block 7 hits in a row before doing a heavy backhand slash and converting to guard break

>shoulder bash
>light attack
>repeat
yep, had my shit pushed in by one of those stun locking assholes today.

Yes
>I haven't seen a single competent Conqueror player
You are lucky, you have never experienced feeling like nothing you do works because they just block everything and RAM YOU WITH THAT STUPID FUCKING SHIELD CHARAGE

Are people seriously asking for a nerf to conqueror? Dude is slow as hell.

Sure it takes awhile to kill him but he really isn't much of an issue.

I really hope Ubi doesn't cave to these whiners and have him nerfed. He's my favorite guy and sure he's strong, but a good player can counter him

But steams peeerfectly fine right bro?

Neither needs to be nerfed. Orochi are a hazzle to fight because of their speed and good combo chains, but once you've fought them enough you can easily predict their patterns

Conqueror definitely doesn't need a nerf, he's slow and defensive as fuck but he's very susceptible to guard crush and parries. Just don't let him shieldbash you into a corner and you'll be fine.

You can dodge away from his "Shield bash" Combo, dodge to your sides after eating his flail to the face.

They caved in the technical Alpha, removed Orochi's ability to cancel every attack animation with a dodge and remove their I'frames from dodges.

>Try to guard break Conqueror
>never works because that's is literally the only thing they ever have to worry about
Suck shit nigger im onto you

Do you really think they'd nerf a class just because people bitch about it on the forums? Why the fuck do you think they're having these technical tests/closed alphas? They're collecting their own data so if the whine threads seem like they affect anything it's because the facts support them. Fucks sake, last test event was extended by a full day because they had to make balance changes after 2 days.

will be interesting to see how the other 2 shield classes will work and if people will still be complaining about conqueror then

>remove their I'frames from dodges
wrong, you still get some iframes at the beginning of the dodge roll.

>m&kb

>muh autism muh wealwife ;_;

>samurai mooks have shields
what the fuck

Yes, but they had invincibility the WHOLE duration before. That shit was insane! Especially when they could cancel every attack with a dodge.

They're not actual samurai warriors, they're just soldiers.

I swear to god If lawbringer doesn't just doesn't FUCKS defence up i will be mad

Hm, played it on gamescon, two things that bugged me
- fighting against more than 1 hero is barely possible cause the system is based on duels
- killing tiny zerg npcs is getting annoying really fast

But thats just my 2 cents, if you enjoy it, then enjoy it user

>make a game
>set it in a certain time period
>don't base it at all on said time period
>draw a boy
>call it a girl
why is this allowed

Whoops, didn't see you said dodge roll. The roll still has I-frames.. and everyone has a tiny amount of I-frames at the start of their guard dodge. Orochi just had it during their whole dodge time.

Pretty sure the big fat japanese dude, Valkyrie and Lawbringer are defense breakers.

>tfw you get rage mail from Orochi faggots

they have katanas tho. would it have killed them to just make a grunt model two handing a katana?

>m+kb

Why the fuck do so many faggots start to run away when near dead in Dual/Brawl. I understand they're trying to get you ganked when they do it in dominion but why when you're the only one?

It never helps them win, just makes them look like faggots.

1. The "Revenge" mechanic was added solely to make 2v1 or 3v1s somewhat more fair

2. I usually leave that MOBA mook grinding shit to some other cunt on my team because that ASSFAGGOTS shit is not fun at all

I really enjoyed the berserker but I sometimes just felt like a less effective orochi. Orochis' are so damn annoying, it's funny how the game calls them difficult to play when they're so easy to use. I had a lot of fun with this game but fighting the orochis' made it frustrating sometimes.

Orochis and Berserkers tend to rage quit rather quickly. I think they're just regular players who got raped by those classes and switched hoping to be successful only to get stomped by more experienced players. Or they're just fucking weebs who want to live the fantasy and met with the reality that even those classes need some tiny amount of skill to be fun.

kek

>play against Orochifag as berserker
>does the stupid caounter all day
>fuck it
>activatehelicopter.exe
>after i won match
>stop spam idiot
>leaves

It's officially supported by the game so it should work just as well.

I've found a lot of people trying running away in duels to a ledge to try to get an easy kill when they can't outskill you

>WE WUZ faction
>Not Meso American

the spin attack is so fucking bad though, no damage and half your stamina

Orochi players are always the ones to try and run away when they're getting their shit wrecked. Attract the most faggots by far.

>they have katanas tho

So? They weren't restircted only to samurai.

but it's pretty fucking hard to counter

>be warden
>orochi charges in with his stupid teleport overhead heavy
>lucky parry
>down the cunt to 1 hp bar
>heavy+light aoe
>dead
fucker quit the match before his body was cold

No need to counter something that does like half a bar of health

Wardens AOE is stupid fast
That was practically all i did when i played him.

Fuck off Paradox.

But he can chain it into a guard break and follow up with 2 heavies. That makes it rather difficult to deal with.

>Be conqueror
>Start of the 2v2 charge the Orochi and tackle his ass down
>Counter his attack and shield bash him once he's up
>Toss him off the map
>Run over to my friends opponent and toss that Oroochi off the map too
>Get a message calling me a fucking hacker and that I've been reported
>Ask how I was hacking
>Never replies

Ah alright. Because I honestly hope that its going to be a great game

I honestly can't wait for the next Beta, I wanna try out all the other classes.

Nobushi looks pretty cool

no one in nippon used shields

Yet it's so fucking easy to counter. It can only come from the wardens sword arm, which is the opponents left side so all you have to do is be ready to block left when he's far away.

there's nothing that ever links into two heavies, whatcha smokin

plus by my math something as stamina intensive as that would leave you at close to 0 stamina

>First two days destroy everyone
>Come across people doing shit I've never seen
>Rape me
>Find the video tutorials in the hero section

I had thought the game was way too simple until I saw that. Wasted two days.

pavises don't count you slut

Then what is that move he does? I always eat a guard break and two lightning fast heavy attacks after that stupid spin.

Uhh wut?

>has block frame on the start up of their heavys

I was trying to nail the timing of this and I couldn't do it consistently. Is it just a very brief window?

>WE WUZ viking
>female knight
>samurai grunts using shields
>vikings an samurai having a chance against full plate armor
this game is gonna have to be really fucking good to overcome my autism

I'll be honest with you I have no idea what you're talking about because I've never fought a berserker who uses the area attack

I know for a fact that you can link the berserkers light right after the guard break, and if the berserker smashes you against a wall, it's possible to hit the person with a heavy, but I've never heard something like area attack into guard break into two heavies

>tfw got destroyed by tru3ta1ent and he was streaming it

those are literally just planks of wood without straps to hold them on your arm like an actual shield. stop triggering my autism.

Who?

Seemed to me like it has more frames then a parry.
I used it often if i was unsure about them attacking or not and most of the time it worked

imagine it's an alternate reality where the samurai had good quality iron/steel and a greater abundance of resources.

Use your imagination lad.

those are still fucking pavises. when I said "shield" I meant shit thats meant to be held one handed, not things you take cover behind against arrows and shit

meant for

this guy youtube.com/watch?v=kxmtAeogPis

Just to make sure we're talking about the same attack. That stupid flailing cartwheel is what i mean. The one with the spinning vertical strikes. Is that supposed to be an aoe?

dude on the right defending against a pistol shot

DELETE THIS

>criticism is problematic
t.feminist

this

Yes that hits 4 times and its main purpose is in dominion where you're mowing down those tiny soldiers

if you accidentally do it in a duel you usually get knocked on your ass due to it using up 50% of your stamina

Beta when

Why do people think Samurais are cool?

>recovering game state 3..2..1..
>play for 2 sec
>play for another 2 sec
>play for 10 sec
>migrating host

>he doesn't think samurai are cool

>Weeb
>Calling others fedoras

Wew lad.

Post your 2 favorite classes, rate others' taste.

>Conqueror, Kensei

Fuck you answer my question. Why did my heavys block but not follow through even if I timed and aimed them right. Is there a trick to it or can you not do it against certain attacks or someshit?

>warden
Fuck the rest

Warden and Conqueror

Big fat jap is a defensive fighter.

Warden and ___WARDEN___

Seriously, got him to level 6 in the first event and prestige 2.5 in the second and third. Don't really like any of the others.

Warden and Kensei, I'm looking forward the Nobushi and Peacekeeper.

Very upset they arent doing this another week

Broke my foot and nothing to do

>10 seconds later
>an error has occurred. returning to main menu

meant for

Raider
everything else is shit but if i had to pick Conqueror i guess

he literally tells people on stream that he invented the darkmoon falchion, orobono is a faggot

>2v2
>Literally gangbanging the other guy

Conqueror and Warden.

>That break neck Conqueror execution

You ever seen the two extra executions of the Warden? The bitch slap with the hilt followed by throwing the sword into the air while it spins and catching it and the spinning decapitation are the best in the fucking game. Really should have made some weebms.

>Conqueror, Kensei
These two
Also Warden

user if you don't want to get gangbanged in 2v2 then don't play with shit teammates. I'm doing my job and teaching everyone that just because the games called For Honor doesn't mean everyone has honor

Petition them for another 3 days of alpha

There is a chance...but ubisoft...

There is a certain honor in making sure your bro doesn't get rekt.

Berserker and Kensei. I thought the berserker sucked at first but once I got the hang of it it's so much fun to play. The kensei is great for feinting and baiting people into eating big damage.

Conqueror, Kensei but I wanted to get my warden on.

The most honorable thing I do in 2v2 is executing my enemy, then running over to my friend and reviving him if the enemy is dumb enough to let me. Then I let him have his opponent back. It's honestly fucking childs play tricking these idiots
>teammate died after I killed my enemy
>run over as the conqueror
>get near my friends body and start charging my swing
>idiot backs off thinking he's being smart
>stop the attack and revive my teammate
It also works for if the enemy is about to die and runs away trying to heal a tiny bit

They're limited to one slot per faction and each of them is focused on dexterity/finesse compared to the males. I don't mind

NO WEAKNESS

If he stopped your unblockable with his shield then he parried you, you got out skilled there brother. Raider has some stupid fast light attacks you can pepper those in to knock people off balance.

why would it be called unblockable if people can block it!

It'll be some sort of European faction like Spartans or Romans. They are the next meme like as far as combat.

>tfw got the invite 2 days ago but just now seeing

DOES THE KEY JUST SHOW IN YOUR EMAIL I ACCEPTED WHERE IS IT REEEEEEE

I played it quite a bit, got to 17 on my Conqueror, really enjoyed it.
It has some pretty big issues, I'd do a write-up but I already wrote and did an impressions video and don't care to rant about all of the problems again.
It's quick, easy fun. Special abilities shit. Netcode shit. Modern Triple A game tropes.
Satisfying hits.

Go play Of Kings and Men instead so I have people to fight against, super promising medieval warfare game, but it needs more time.

I'm interested but didn't get a chance to play the alpha. What are the chances Ubisoft is gonna pull some bullshit again and make the final product hot garbage?

He didn't block it, he parried it. It will break all attempts to block but it can still be parried. It's risky but it can be done.

Invites were fucked. A lot of people got emails inviting them that were blank. You had to get a link to the alpha forums and sign in and if you were invited it would make you agree to their terms before sending an email with the code

Yeah I agreed to their terms and verified my email but I guess it is too late now so I won't be getting a code.

No doubt the netcode will still be shit on release. Just like in RB6:Siege, the netcode was bad in the beta and was bad on release. The game itself is good but they need to stop fucking around and use dedicated servers.

>Play zerker
>face off against a Roachi
>he's garbage tier, got too close in a small area to storm rush cheese
>can't reliably deflect (it does piss damage anyways)
>side dodge light attack and start my infinite chain
>hammering away on him switching stance with each blow
>he finally lands a deflect
>I'm well into having dauntless so I don't give a fuck
>finish my chain anyways with an overhead heavy (zerker strongest move)
>he hits me with that unblockable gut stab, but dauntless don't care
>axes land and I execute the roach scum
>micro second later the body pops up, drops again but is revivable
>check the roster, he dropped from the match.

Conqueror and Raider.
I'm better at conqueror, but raider is so damn fun. just man handling your opponents and taking away all his control of the situation, never gets old for me.

Dude don't worry, when they send you a code you'll have access to every single alpha/beta test going forwards. Just check your spam folder thoroughly, I believe the email should be titled "Come Play With Us" (at least that's what it said for me.)

Man, I can't believe I almost missed out on the closed alpha because I thought getting an Ubisoft email with subject "Come Play With Us" meant yet another spam advertisement saying "COME PLAY WITH US, PREORDER FOR HONOR DX EDITION $89.99"

Fought an Oro in duel once and it came down to the tie breaker round 5, I get some hits in early and he is hurting bad. He backs up to a ledge and won't budge, wants to either ledge toss me or take the tie. I know he'll never see it coming, helicopter spin at him it does pathetic damage, but is enough to push him back into the spike pit.

>bit after ds2 release
>oroboros doing pvp with his katana and hexes
>ask him what he thinks about the katana+hex combo being considered OP by most of the player base
>his response nearly word for word "you sound pretty salty"
Then his entire chat started spamming PJsalt
like holy fucking xd epic ftw! did I mention XD

No the vertical attack is a side dodge light. The AOE you spin like a top 4-5 times and it hits the Berserker's right, your left every time. Come to think of it I think all AOE come at your left. Oh maybe not Conq.

>playing duels for the first time
>decide to play raider, see what his deal is
>lose the first 2 rounds against an Orochi
>start getting an idea on how the raider works
>3rd round he doesn't put up a fight, demolish him
>4th round was close but I got through
>5th round
>we're on the bridge
>we run towards each other
>he *unzips katana*
>we clash for a few moments
>hes near the ledge like a retard
>guard break that fucker
>throw him off MY bridge

>....

>he rage quits
>he was the host
>connection was lost
>don't even get any exp or loot

hmmm....

dude p2p is fine

Does this game run at 60fps on console?

Berserker and Conq for now. At launch or next test might change. Really want to try out the Shugoki, I don't normally do well as heavy characters, but he is too fat and awesome not to try and master.

Someone has capture of every execution up on YouTube, but the when I saw it they weren't all clean wins or good angles, might not make the sexiest webms.

I wish I was in the US or this game had actualy servers instead of P2P.

I had strict NAT and the only way I could play was in duels.

Wasn't blocked it was parried. To be honest the Raider unblockable is easy to dodge anyways, he took the chance and parried you which is far riskier. Just got out played.

>easy to dodge
naaaaaaaah, that shit is 50/50 every time

Parrying is a much more reliable alternative

I feel like dedicated servers is just a fucking must have in this game. I mean it's all about real time parrying and attacking, a little lag fucks you over

I feel like most of the time I lost were not my fault.

>Dude don't worry, when they send you a code you'll have access to every single alpha/beta test going forwards
That's just simply not true. I got into the pc tech test but had to go begging for an invite because I didn't get invited to the alpha

Tell me why you think that and I'll tell you why you're wrong

>can't dodge raider unblockable

You have to go against instinct and dodge into it rather than away. You slip under it and can punish their back. Works every time so long as nothing gets in the way. If there are minions, walls, or other players in the way then your dodge won't be enough and it will still hit. In those cases either parry or tap them with a quick light attack.

Personally I find dodging the simplest. It has the largest window for success and only takes one button press rather than stance change and a timed heavy.

>Does this game do memes?
Disregarded.

but your method requires good terrain, if you're uphill or if there's little room to maneuver on the left, you're fucked and are going to get a nice pretty axe in the face

on the other hand the parry can be done in the tighest of positions and can lead into a heavy overhead, it's just a matter of practicing the timing

Orochi

You can't be fucking serious. 60fps is essential in a game like this

yeah nah you're right senpai

I want to go out of my way to tell you that orochi is perfectly counterable and not completely broken, but he easily has the best toolkit in the game

>tfw played it in 144hz because I'm not a console cuck

Careful not to choke on your cock

>gladiator
>centurion
>legionary
>auxilia

More like a female rogue with a helmet.

Next faction will be something Middle Easten.

Why do you Gamergatecucks never follow your own advice?

I was searching around on the google machine and I can't get a definitive answer. It looks like they MAY have cut some of the graphics on console to get 60fps. I really hope so

>tfw listening to Chthonics Takasago Army while being on the Front as an Orochi

Best combo ever, I was mentally fully erect the whole damn time. On two occasions while dueling the soldiers even formed a pit around us.
I was way too self aware though and never did the counters after deflects, mostly tried to parry and feint as often as possible just to make people think I wasn't a shitter.

I would be all for a persian faction.