Going back to it, its really not that good

Going back to it, its really not that good.

Aside from the interesting setting, the controls are clunky, the animations are awkward, the pacing is appalling, and the boss fights are extremely easy.

All it does differently from any other game is it makes enemies do twice as much damage. Its not really groundbreaking.

It never was "groundbreaking", it's just good.

The controls and animations are excellent.

yeah but dood lol it's so hard GOAT
ornstein and giantdad hHHAHAHAHAHAHAH GIT

I disrespectfully disagree with your opinion

Fuck you nigger

Show me one awkward animation.

Pacing is determined by where you decided to go and how much you want to grind.

Boss fights are only easy if you grind a lot.

Sounds like you just grind and then bitch that the game lets you do that.

>Aside from the interesting setting, the controls are clunky, the animations are awkward, the pacing is appalling, and the boss fights are extremely easy
You just the described the entire franchise, senpai

Rolling and casting is objectively worse.

It was quality m8 and still is. OK the controls feel less responsive than the newer ones but saying the bosses are easy is like saying a crossword you already solved is easy. Of course it's fucking easy if youve done it before.

>Game is extremely easy
>Enemies do double damage
Fuck off you incoherent faggot.

Everything you said is wrong.

Next.

Than what? Skyrim?

There's nothing wrong with the roll it all, it's better than DS2, DS3, and DeS easily.

This.
I have literally never seen anyone call it groundbreaking, or even innovative in any way.
It's just solid and atmospheric.

>it's another everyone is entitled to my opinion episode

One thing I wish it had done is weapon on weapon striking, like a real melee fight, all we got is weapon on armour or shield

What?

You can only roll in four directions. It's not analog. It's shit.

You can roll in any direction you like, retard.

hm? you can defend with any 2h weapon, and doesn't parrying count as well? what do you mean?

Nobody ever called it groundbreaking. Demon Souls was groundbreaking. This was a just a great sequel.

Only rolling in the cardinal directions is a bit stifling.

Confirmed for not playing the game.

Then don't lock-on.

am I being memed on on the internet again?

No, you can't. Play the game again.

>All it does differently from any other game is it makes enemies do twice as much damage.

Confirmed fucking retard.

>push stick in direction
>hit roll button
>roll in that direction

Works for me.

If you lock on to an enemy you can only roll in four different directions regardless of how many different ways you can move your stick.

This is objectively worse than the later games, don't act otherwise.

the controls are clunky
disagree, they're quite good once you've got a feel for them
the animations are awkward
again, disagree
the pacing is appalling
I'd like you to explain exactly what you mean by this, because I'm half convinced that you are just spewing nonsense and don't actually know what you mean by this statement
>and the boss fights are extremely easy
I mean
>revisiting Dark Souls
>HURR DURR I BEAT ALL THESE BOSSES ALREADY AND KNOW HOW TO CHEESE THEM TOO EZ
>All it does differently from any other game is it makes enemies do twice as much damage. Its not really groundbreaking.
for some reason, I REALLY don't think you actually played Dark Souls and are just regurgitating opinions you've heard

I haven't seen such a disconnect from reality in a shitpost like this in years. could it be that you actually believe what you're typing?

Dragon's Dogma

When locked on, yes. It's not worse at all though, and the way you move when locked on is at the very least superior to DaS2, which barely keeps you tracked to the enemy at all.

I recently replayed it, too, and I still think it's an amazing game.

He means your weapon will never clash with the enemies mid swing

Came out a year later.

Are you fucking retarded, when you lock on you start moving in a circle around the enemy, thats the whole point of locking on, if you want free camera control you shouldn't lock on in the first place.
I'll ask again, are you retarded?

Then don't lock on and ultimately, git gud

>It's not worse at all though, and the way you move when locked on is at the very least superior to DaS2, which barely keeps you tracked to the enemy at all.

Are you fucking shitting me?

>going back to it
Sure.
The controls do exactly what they're supposed to, I'm not reading the rest of your diarrhea.

Well, yeah, stupid. It's pretty much an unofficial sequel to Demons' Souls. It just expanded upon that.
Why is the board full of mouthbreathers?

>if you want free camera control

Your roll direction is determined by the movement stick, not the camera stick, you retard.

I can't believe there are people seriously arguing the way this works in DaS is better than the later games...

You couldn't even beat them, could you?

Booted this up today after buying it on sale a couple years ago. Seemed fun at first but lost interest pretty quickly. I mean, admittedly I'm probably shit at the game but it was more annoying than challenging to get my character lined up for strikes and figuring out the correct timing in enemy animations.

Mobs of shitty skeletons are harder than boss fights.

NPC interactions are bland as fuck

The camera is annoying

Only played for a couple hours but I probably am going to uninstall

>gif unrelated

These are the annoying things about the series in general:

>enemy attacks not stopped by walls like yours are

>enemies generally can't hurt each other which leads to bullshit like firebomb explosions hitting you but not the guy next to you

>no way to easily replay boss fights one on one after beating them

>NPC quest-lines are almost impossible without guides and don't happen very naturally

Shitty things about specifically Dark Souls:

>blatantly unfinished late game areas

>bed of chaos fight breaks the "tough but fair" idea by being almost complete bullshit

>if you've leveled consistently, most fights post-O&S are pretty easy for most players

No one is saying that you fucking idiot.

Now I want a Capcom/FromSoft collab ARPG

The best part of the game was the dlc.

DaS is an alright game
it got hyped becase alright games are actually a rare sight nowadays so people promoted it into some fucking cult classic

How far did you get out of curiosity? I did almost the same thing but went back at some point and ended up having a blast even though it didn't grab me at first.

DaS has a lot of mass appeal and it was a comercial success. It's not a cult game by any means.

>is clungy so is badd :DD

on my second try
the game isn't hard
it's a pretty good game that's half finished
it doesn't deserve a tenth of the praise it gets

Bo, it's a stellar game that deserves all the praise that it gets and more. You're just a contrarian shitter, is all.

why do you type
like this
are you retarded?
Why do you hate this game so much? It's really good, you should play it.

BB > DaS3 > DaS1 > DeS > DaS2

moving in DS1 feels like you're underwater compared to the later ones

why are you
resorting to
ad hominem
fallacy the game
is mediocre at best and you
cannot go five seconds
without memeing

Out of the first area into the next part after being scooped up by the big crow. Cleared top area without too much difficulty, but lower mobs of skellies pissing me off so I got mad and hacked the fuck out of one of the npcs near the fire in that area who won't stop attacking me every time I spawn so I ragequit.

I didn't make it very far at all and I feel lame saying that but its the truth. I pretty much never get mad at games but this one is really amking my blood pressure rise

DS2 + DLC > BB + DLC > DS1 + DLC > BB > DS1 > DS2 > DeS

/thread

Don't act like you got to Anor Londo, Zach.

I am autistic so I am unable to separate the praise that the game gets by people who I don't talk to anyway from the actual content of the game itself.

We have this shitty thread everyday.

why do you think dark souls is hard? Who convinced you of this? Did you struggle?

>DS2 the best
PVP shitters fuck off and die

So not ground breaking numerous devs have tried and failed at a spin off.

Those
were two
separate statements
there's
no
ad-hominem there
tbqh
le

You're the one who quit after getting fucked by the Hellkite Wyvern, senpai.

>Going back to it...the boss fights are extremely easy.
Yea, no shit the bosses are easy if you've played the game before.

>BB + DLC > DS1 + DLC
no

pretending to be a retard on the internet for attention is pretty sad desu

DaS2 is a fucking travesty beginning to end. DeS is a far better and more well designed game than it regardless of what incarnation we are talking about.

Says the
guy
who
types like
this

So is quitting after falling for an obvious trap that was used in a previous entry in the franchise.

im not
the guy
who types
like this
(you)

The skeletons are pretty hard for how far you are, you should to go further in the upper area. The skeletons are there for people who want to do things out of order but if you have two ways to go and the way you are trying to go seems to have enemies that are too tough you should try the other way.

In that sense, Dark Souls is like vidya 101. As far as that NPC.... I mean you hit him so you shouldn't expect him to be just fine with it. You can get forgiven for that and make him non-hostile but you have to get a lot further in the upper area. Or you can try to kill him.

You went the wrong way you fucking retard

>going for the skeletons at low lvl

Bruh what are you doing

how to deal with any and every dangerous non boss enemy in dark souls and even some bosses
run to cliff
push

>he went the wrong way
Why the fuck did From have to make the real way to go so fucking hard to notice?

I played up to Anor Londo (the balance beam section) and gave up. I didn't get any enjoyment out of it the entire time. The combat was sluggish as hell, even compared to other slower melee-based games like Mount & Blade. The punishment for death was not dropping all your souls, but the tedious walk back. The story that's there is wholly uninteresting. I did appreciate the looping, vertical map design, but even that didn't go far enough in regards to shortcuts and alternate routes compared to Bloodborne, a game that I loved.

And it sucks because all the self-fellating thinkpieces and unanimous praise the game received lead me to think I must like this game or else. Oh well.

the game is so blurry i had trouble seeing it

tbf to him, I also tried to do that because I got memed into thinking

>Dark Souls is good because its soooooo harrrrrdddd

when in reality its good for a lot of other reasons and the difficulty is part of the atmosphere. I thought the skeletons were killing me because its supposed to be "like insanely hard bruh" and wasted about 2 hours before I found the upper path.

Also made me quit for like 2 months.

Gee, who knew after you played a linear, singlplayer game for hundreds of hours it becomes easy.

Dark Souls is literally a "play once and the magic is gone" game, no replay value.

>not replaying with a different build

>linear
Wrong game, user. I'm pretty sure you were thinking of this one.

This game is so clunky. You have to actually watch the enemies and attack at the right time which is boring. You should just be able to cut through these easy enemies in one hit. I mean every enemy can kill you in two hits it's not even hard it's just artificial difficulty.

The game also limits the amount of healing you can have. Unlike actually good games where you can buy or grind as many as you need, which would be helpful in this game because of the aforementioned two hit kill bullshit mobs.

You can also fuck yourself by going the wrong way at the beginning, and there is no way to backtrack. I know some deluded fanboy is just going to say

>BUT IF YOU TALK TO THE GUY HE'll TELL YOU WHERE TO GO DURR

But how am I supposed to know to do that? Besides all the NPC interactions are boring in this game anyway. Not a single funny joke in any of them

All in all this game only got popular because of memes and not the actual quality of the product.

>You should just be able to cut through these easy enemies in one hit.

here's your (you)

Are you happy now?

i played dark souls a ton
i played dark souls 2 twice
i played dark souls 3 one and a half times even though i thought it was better than the second one

you
you
picklepee

good image

>stance
>couldn't figure out that you just equip a bow and arrows and then hit the attack button to shoot

Either retarded, not talking about DaS or meming

That sure is a whole lot of words to say absolutely nothing
I wasn't trying to be serious.

The controls are horrible and the camera movement is horrendous, using a dsfix and dsmfix, and Idk why does this game gets my gpu to 90C at 60fps and to 80 at 30 fps, arkham city is more demanding and it never exceeds 75C.

nah it's excellent game design at last until Anal Rodeo

Fair point.

Thanks.

I agree completely.

It makes sense that it feels sluggish if you played and loved BB first. BB came out years later though so you are missing the context.

I played Demon's Souls and Dark Souls first. I bought Bloodborne hoping for something different and it was.

Yup.

I feel pretty dumb now

Maybe I'll try it again

Thanks user

Lol, pretty much. Anything for the (you)s

WITHOUT DLC:
DaS
BB
DaS2
DaS3
DeS

WITH DLC:
BB
DaS2
DaS
DaS3
DeS

literally prove me wrong (protip: you shall not)

DaS and DeS ramain the best since they don't tell me what kind of experience I should have when I'm playing them.

i.e. they're the only ones that didn't get boring after 2 characters

Agreed. Why was i so obsessed all these years?

DaS2 isn't at the bottom for both so your opinion is less than garbage.

>muh DaS2 is bad may may

tell me, what's it like being a cretinous friendless virgin who will die alone? depressing?

Not him, but I basically felt the same way. I got about halfway through Blight Town with a spear build when a poison dart hit my raised shield and still poisoned me. I quit shortly after that. It's just tedious, it isn't fun.

I really wouldn't be surprised if OP is a Sonypony

I really hope you're using the dsfix