What went so, so right?

What went so, so right?

Effort

feels

unironically enjoyed my time with it. Cred Forums freaking out over that scene kind of ruined it for me but it was still a sad but good ride

The radio's dead Walker. Stop talking to yourself.

Played through it the other day. First shooter I tried with the Steam Controller and it felt fantastic.

Nothing. It was a walking simulator with FPS mechanics.

>Doom is a walking simulator with FPS mechanics
>Warcraft is a walking simulator with RTS mechanics
>Limbo is a walking simulator with Platformer mechanics

user you make no sense.

>FPS mechanics.
that's kind of odd considering it's a TPS.

more like Walker simulator amirite?

Nothing. Everything about Spec Ops, even the soundtrack, was "babby's first"

Choices that were done through gameplay instead of button prompts. Seriously the most important element that distinguishes this game from a good experience to an amazing one.

>it was popular for 15 minutes so it's baby's first
alri

Game's a lot better when you stop trying to self-insert and don't take every criticism of the main character as a personal insult.

The developers realized games can be art and don't have to be shallow toys for manchildren.

Me hearing about it from someone at work so I knew beforehand not to waste my time and money with it.

I fucking hate the 4th wall / meta style of moralfaggot storytelling. It's not convincing and works like that are pseudointellectual.

>The developers realized games can be art
>clicking on heads on progress to the next pretentious loading screen
What a fantastic piece of art. So good they had to license music instead of being creative

>of moralfaggot storytelling.
fuck off, it worked well with the game.

I liked Walker's character development.

also this is the best ending

>first half of game is generic as possible mediocre third person shooter
>second half of game is the same thing but is constantly rubbing an unavoidable plot point in your face at every opportunity
Game was pretentious WAR IS BAD garbage that wasn't even fun to play

>not welcome to Dubai

>WAR IS BAD
It's not anti-war shit though, it's just poking fun at military shooters.
It's ironic that Cred Forums is getting pretentious about calling a game pretentious.

Literally nothing unless you're 13 years old and have never read a book.

user pls

It did work well since the game is shit. Shit writing mechanics for a shit game.

The reason why it's bad is because it doesn't play to the medium's strengths well. It doesn't even play to art's strengths well. Art is supposed to engage you, and video games are about conflict by nature. The best games are the pro-war games because they fit the medium perfectly. An anti-war narrative trying to force scripted, contrived guilt onto the player is about as anti-video game as you're gonna get.

>end game cutscene
>turned out the whole game hinged upon lugo and adams just shrugging their shoulders watching walker talk to himself on the radio and just rolling with it

this game was hilarious