Thoughts on 2016 so far?

Thoughts on 2016 so far?

Good? Bad? Mediocre?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Buwei6ZWqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Terrible. I only played Furi and AA6

How is AA6? I stopped playing at Dual Destinies but I've been meaning to jump back in on the series for a while now.

takes alot of guts to admit liking both overwatch and tomb raider on neo-v

Bretty good.

Doom was great, Total War: Warhammer was solid, Furi/100% Orange Juice wete fantastic surprises, Dragon's Dogma/EDF 4.1 both got PC ports, and I'm now eagerly awaiting Forza Horizon 3 and Dishonored 2.

Playing Grim Dawn right now as well and it seems pretty good but it's a bit early to say for sure I think.

Not really, the worst anons can do is call me a retard or a fag - and it's hardly as if I give a fuck if they do.

It must suck to be so weak that you fear what people think of you on an anonymous Vietnamese Radio Drama forum

Hyrule Warriors Legends, AA6, and Mario and Luigi were all top tier, especially AA6

TMSFE was ok

Zero Time Dilemma was possibly the biggest disappointment of any game I've played

Currently playing DQ7 and it's ok so far but I have a feeling that I'm going to be hardcore addicted when classes and tablet dungeons open up all the way

Very good. Much better than Apollo Justice and Dual Destinies. Case 4 is kind of bad, but all the other cases are spectacular.

I'm kinda glad ZTD exists in a way, since it's dulled the pain of MGSV by proving once and for all that I can always be hurt worse than I already have.

Danganronpa 3 barely even stings after the two of them.

>ZTD bad

What fucking new shitty meme is this?
The game was great, it wasn't better than 999 and maybe on par with VLR, but there is no fucking way it was bad.

same as yours except move everything down 2 tiers
also street fighter 5 sucks lmaooooooooooo

Well, the difference is that DR3 has had some legit good parts on both sides. Not only that but killing off Kyoko was a ballsy move, I'm gonna be major disappointed if they go back on it.

I don't want to judge it as we have both future episodes and the last despair episode left (and also some special episode instead of Despair episode 12? not sure what that's all about) but I feel like it'll go down as merely ok, not a huge shitshow like ZTD.

Not that it matters, AA6 absolutely destroyed my expectations in a good way, I can't get over how great it was

It was a complete fucking pile of crap.

>Muh alien technology
>Muh complex motives
>Muh wildly out of character Akane
>Muh Q team only existed to setup the Delta twist
>Muh lack of any resolution for D team, Alice/Clover, etc.
>Muh final ending of VLR was secretly non-canon xD

It was fucking insulting how bad it was as a finale

t. a non-fan who only got into the series a week before ZtD launched and didn't get VLR's final ending or read the Q&As

You act like VLR and 999 didn't have a bunch of stupid asspulls for the sake of creating a convoluted story. The game had plenty of good outside the weird and bad bits. I found most things the game did to be pretty well in line with how absurd that universe they set up already was.

Keep dreaming, I bought 999 on release as well as VLR and was part of the various campaigns to get the game even made altogether.

>Overwatch and nuDoom
Fuck off you f-
>Brigador
MY FUCKING NIGGA

ALL IS FORGIVEN

Hearts of Iron IV and Stellaris were really bad.
Hopefully Bannerlord changes things around.

>The game had plenty of good outside the weird and bad bits.

Yes, and every single one of them came in the first half of the game. The second rapidly slid downwards in quality and ended like total shit while not resolving half the plotlines left in the series, and wrapping up quite a few of them terribly.

>completely throws out things from VLR like Left, Myrmiodns, the inevitability of Rad-6
>every character is a complete retard (Sigma and Phi KNOW that Brother is a bed-ridden old man but never once suspect Q, Akane set up VLR to "fix" the Rad-6 problem despite the fact that Siggy not being there would mean Q wouldn't be born and Phi not being there would mean Rad-6 wouldn't escape)
>Mira is a hyperfaggot, why did she hack up junpei? it's never explained, and why did Professor Layton, I mean Delta, get a great puzzle idea upon seeing the severed limbs?
>alien tech is the driving force of the plot
>a truck takes away a nuclear reactor, tons of hydrogen flouride, an ayylmao transporter, and all of the other shit in the game
>they have no problem killing their alternate selves to SHIT until the last SHIT of the game
>directly contradicts VLR, in that game the stronger esper would absorb the powers of the lesser ones but in ZTD they strengthen each other, even being able to power up non-espers

Better believe I could go on and on, oh yeah, last point

>Uchi rewrote the story knowing damn well that the original story was the one that fans were petitioning for and then never thought to mention that Another Time was non-canon metafiction despite saying that he kept up with fan theories and surely knew how integral it was to said theories

>that picture

I really wish I'd played it quicker. I missed out on all the threads after launch and I feel like I also missed out on shitloads of great memes and rants also.

But yeah, agreed, ZTD was fucking godamn garbage.

>superhot

What was wrong with it? It was pretty fun

I wish i knew what it felt like to have no fun at all and dwell way too hard on an already completely mess plot.

Also stating alien tech being a driving plot force being a negative like bullshit time jumping just existing for the sake of the plot isn't equally as absurd is so fucking stupidly cherry picking I don't even know where to begin. They had goddamn intelligent AI, andoirds, cryofreezing tech, a bunch of absurd bullshit as well and no one complains then.

>Darkest Dungeon in anything other than 10/10 tier.

Too hard for you?

So far I think it's pretty ok. SFV is all I've really played besides Super Smash Bros. Melee, so my meh opinion on this year probably has to do with my transition to a competitive fighting game player.

>VA-11 HALL-A
>good

laughingsexbots.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=_Buwei6ZWqU

it's literally shit

writing smut about it was fun, though

Too few levels and not enough weapon variety on most of them, too much shitty meta-story, and no level editor or workshop support to compensate.

It's a neat concept they just didn't do justice imo.

>bullshit time jumping
The thing is, the morphogenetic field is an actual theory and Rupert Sheldrake is an actual guy, so it's not like the Uchi just made it all up. Also 999 spent a lot of time before the reveal talking about the essence of a "thing" and the field itself

VLR just expanded on it and brought in the idea of time, not really a bullshit thing. Maybe if it didn't play 999 first it'd seem like an asspull but it was decently well put together. Also the advanced robotics and stuff were made by a guy who literally spent 45 years isolated doing nothing but research and making stuff he'd already seen before, so there's an explanation for that too.

Ayylmao tech just comes out of nowhere as a plot convience, not at all hinted at before it's "reveal", and is never really explained. Hell, aliens had never even been hinted at in the series.

got u famalam

It might just be me, but I think that Furi is garbage.

Mankind Divided, DaS3, XCOM 2, Doom and Kirby have all been good

>liking Spirit Engine 3: RNG and Grinding Edition

Dorothy is too good for this sinful Earth

You forgot to put No Man's Sky on the bad list

>SF V
>XCOM 2
>DaS 3
>Overwatch
>Inside
>Doom
>Darkest Dungeon
>The Last Guardian
>Let it Die
>Dishonored 2
It's gonna be a good year.

999 spent literally 2/3rds of the game building up the explanation and lore of shifting and the morphogebetic field, and even used real world concepts and theories to try ground it a little.

VLR expanded on it and provided an explanation for all the advanced tech in it as well, albeit a slightly absurd one.

ZTD throws in the fucking ayy lmao's teleporters out of nowhere and never even tries to justify their existence. They exist purely for plot contrivance and they're fucking retarded on a level no other pseudoscience in the series could ever even dream of reaching accordingly.

>Spent all year playing Destiny
>Bought Dark Souls III and Bloodborne
>Haven't unwrapped either
Hm.

I may have a problem.

I can't even imagine playing only one game for nine months straight.

Do you just play with friends and essentially use it as a means to hang out with them or something?

>no AM2R

Top tier game. At least an 8/10 on the rating scale.

Agreed. It is easily the best Metroidvania of recent years, even better than Environmental Station Alpha.

You're pretty much complaining about the indie budget not the actually gameplay.

It wasn't worth $20 but I don't think it was dogshit

Probably the most fun I've had all year was playing AM2R.

It's a shame almost no one talks about it though.

None of my out-of-game friends play it. I've made friends playing it and raiding and PvPing with them regularly is fun.

I did take a couple breaks, though, now that I think about it, for a couple months each. I just didn't play much vidya during those spaces. Most of the time I was just chasing the next number, desu. There's just something about Destiny's structure I find enthralling. It's like a zen garden of shooting.

Downloaded this, haven't gotten far yet. I'm waiting to have a full day to just dive into it, I guess.

>dude what do you mean we've been calling him sean the entire game without ever once showing you LMAO, what a twist!
fuck off

So much nothing. I've been playing games that came out a decade ago and having a good time with that.

This is why I have no interest in the new consoles. This dismal list is like players looking for anything new they can get their hands on, it reeks of desperation.

I'm glad I have a backlog, I can sit this whole mess out and still play great games.

Not as bad as 2012, at least.

>not good
Comfiest game of current year, you dingus.

>This dismal list is like players looking for anything new they can get their hands on, it reeks of desperation.
Or, y'know, other people like different games than you do and still enjoy new ones.

I don't though.
What are you playing?

DOOM is extremely overrated.

Agreed.

NuDoom, however, is pretty fucking great.

Whatever, dipstique.

Finished Arkham City, Arkham Origins next.
The Witcher 2 pretty soon. I hear it's pretty good, even by Cred Forums standards.
Civ5 and Arcanum as well.
What about you, mate? Anything interesting?

shit taste
nuDoom forces the player to stop running every 5 seconds to do a QTE melee kill, this makes it the worst doom game - including ALL doom wads and mods.

Fuck... is it 2016? People are still making new video games? Are we really that deep into the year?

I barely play games anymore. I sort of wish I did, but I have too many other things to do and most new games are shit anyway.

Games I enjoyed in 2016
Battleborn
Tomb Raider
Dragons Dogma
Borderlands 2/TPS (Not released in 2016 but an active community)

That's it. I tried the new Ace Attorney, but VN aren't interesting for me anymore.

Thats funny, i havent heard that one before