Remember the Pokémon tcg?

Remember the Pokémon tcg?

Do you still keep up with it?

yes
no.

Not since power creep took over

TCG vidya was the best and they're fucking stupid for not making any more

That OST tho.

I really do wish when they were going nuts with Pokemon on VC a little back, they would have put Pinball after TCG and Puzzle.

I got a couple of the Generations packs to play the online TCG with. Pretty fun, but not really lasting.

Yes
Ehh no

Are these in the new set?

I'll say.

I have 2 cards, both of which are super super rare.

I remember that everybody had tons of cards but only collected them. If you wanted to actually play CCGs you went with Yugioh or Magic if you had an older brother into it.

Yes
Not really since the new version of Pokemon-EX.

I've been meaning to get back into it, but they've made it clear they want you to play with EXs with most of the regular evolutions being garbage. Previously you had a bunch of "regular" cards that could hold off on their own and make a fun deck, but since Mewtwo EX they keep releasing Trainer/Tool cards that mostly benefit EX Pokemon.

Compare with the ex of the Ruby/Sapphire era, where some were pretty powerful, but a bunch of special energies or tools had restrictions with those Pokemon so the regular evolutions had something to fight back. And those ex had to evolve normally unless the Pokemon were basic themselves to begin with.

Playing the TCG Online thing now, it's not bad desu, they did a lot of improvments.

HOL UP
Are they going for the classic look with the new set? I've been out of the loop for 4 months or so.

Old Pokemon tcg cards are the best, the CG ones and the ones that looked like dolls were so cool

Was going through my old cards a few weeks ago and started collecting again.
It's nice to have a side hobby like this. Filling out my collection is really satisfying.

Yes. The Pokémon company are re-releasing some of the cards from the first base set and also restoring the old card design for the newer cards.

They will be available in the U.S. November 2nd.

fuck that's cool. I'll start saving for a booster box.

>took wizards of the coast to court because they didn't want to wait at the end of their contract to finish with wizards; all to cut the middle man out and make cards in house

>change rules, all wizards cards are illegal

>make every card broken now

Kek, fuck no

Yeah because everyone running Haymaker/Rain Dance was a fun thing.

Didn't Joltik dominate the meta just a few months ago with Nightmarch?

Yeah, luckily I got back into the TCG a few months into xy breakthrough, and started playing seriously by Breakpoint, so Greninja evolution decks were getting really popular by then. That's also my main deck, evolving my frogs and switching out to use the shuriken is fun as hell.